The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew To Change The Way Newcastle Play

12:11 am, Saturday, February 8th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 75 Comments

Alan Pardew had mentioned last week that now Newcastle are without their number one player-maker Yohan Cabaye, Newcastle may have to change the style and formation in which the team plays.

Yohan Cabaye Crystal Palace CWdqE4qrLIPl

Yohan Cabaye gone – system will change

Yohan also scored five goals in his final seven appearances for Newcastle, so he was becoming not only the number one play-maker,  but also a real goalscorer, and his two goals at West Ham were simply sublime, in his very last Newcastle performance.

Why did we sell him half way through the season again?

This is what Alan Pardew has said today:

“We can’t play the same way as we did with Cabaye,” “We’re not going to be the same team we were in the first half of the season. We’re looking for something different and I have to get that into play as quickly as possible.”

“On reflection maybe we did have a bit too much emotion on the pitch against Sunderland,” “We weren’t composed in the areas where you need to be composed. Clearances, for example.”

“Or being around the 18-yard box and waiting that extra half-second to make the final pass. All those moments we got wrong. That happens sometimes.”

We hope Pardew and the players learned a lot from the Sunderland game because basically we were hopeless, and things have to improve – and as the manager says – things have to improve quickly.

And the manager has to get the best out of the players he has available, that’s almost a definition of coaching, and if he doesn’t have the players to play the way we did when Yohan was here, then he’ll have to change it.

However, we don’t want to go back to the way Newcastle played sometimes last season, when we were in trouble, and used the long ball most of  the time.

We hope Newcastle can still play some good football.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Chelsea?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

75 responses so far ↓

• 1 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:15 AM

This is probably the headline most fans want to see.
    I think he’s flogging a dead horse his limitations are quite obvious.

• 2 Ibizatoon // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Not sure what to make of this really.

If Pardew thinks we’ve been playing good football, does this mean reverting back to a more direct style?

Many fans don’t think we’ve played well, so would that mean the change will be a positive one?

Seeing as we tend to have a varying style of play from game to game, my guess is not a lot will really change.

Take your pick I guess.

• 3 Belfast // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Fantastic news.

• 4 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Ibiza from previous
    I can’t agree mate I was on distant shores for the rest of our CL experiences, even under Robson I was stuck in Scotland in Hamilton.

Did see Ginolas scorcher against fevehranhace Whatever there called which was magic..

• 5 Belfast // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM

We look absolutely shite when we play this way. Last season should have taught percy that.

• 6 IITianToon // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I don’t think Chelsea will give us much chance to play to be honest!

• 7 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I’ve just logged back on here from this afternoon….I knew Rebecca had a tadger. I can spot a tadger a mile off.

Catchy, I think you’re in there, lad.

• 8 IITianToon // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Hazard v Debuchy gonna be a good battle. Two ol’ pals, both know each other’s game, hope our player comes on top!

• 9 Ibizatoon // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Rebecca…How very selfish of you..you’d rather we weren’t in the CL if you weren’t able to attend or have I misunderstood? :)

• 10 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:26 AM

The man is in a fantasy land of his own with Alan Pardew cardboard cut outs of himself everywhere.

Passes round the 18 yard box? Alan, don’t you mean shots from 30 yards.

Marveaux can play those passes in and around that area but he doesn’t get a game, and we certainly don’t play with a clear plan of opening up those kind of chances.

Dreamland.

• 11 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:28 AM

I think Chelsea will spank us tomorrow. I think mourinho is a cautious coach in the big games, but his teams do tend to steam roller the lesser lights, especially at home. With the injuries we have, and the mood around the club, it is more than likely going to be a long old afternoon.

Still, if we score two goals, it’s papa John’s for supper.

• 12 G // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:29 AM

From every single piece of evidence I have ever seen, I do not believe AP capable of changing how Newcastle play. For instance, when at 70 mins, if result isn’t going your way, put every sub on you have available (sir bobby style) change shape and pace and go for it. Not at 70 mins, take off your key player, and replace with slightly inferior like-for-like player and hope stuff sorts itself out (it wont). This is my major criticism of AP, I don’t think he is a bad manager, but he certainly isn’t a good one either. He’s just… AP

• 13 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:32 AM

I had a lovely goats cheese pizza with balsamic drizzle from papa John’s once. Oh aye, I’m sophisticated for a wallsend lad.

• 14 Ibizatoon // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Laurent…Talking solely about the Sunderland game, which Pardew is, I think it’s a fair enough assessment that around their area we missed a decisive move / pass.

Ernest…I get the feeling Papa Johns wont be expecting a busy trade tomorrow!

IITianToon…Debuchy will need to be at his best, that is for sure. I wonder when MBiwa will be re-introduced?!?

G…Your last line sums it up best for me. Neither great, nor terrible.

• 15 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:32 AM

I used to get stick off my pals at the match when we finished fifth.
    I used to complain we had no style of play movement we just relied on defending and counter attack, a magic moment of skill off a player to win the game. On the odd occasion the team would click and look a decent side but not very often.
    I used to listen to talk sport for away matches and sometimes the post match analysis and most of the time john Anderson would say
    “We didn’t play well but took the points again”

I hold no hope in Pardew changing style because I don’t think anythings really changed since his first full season.
    All our games except a handful could easily have went either way, 1 0 2 1 etc. The tactic is nearly always the same we look good against top opposition as we contain them and don’t let them play.
    But against weaker opposition and at home we sit back and teams can’t believe their luck. Because he’s so defensive minded even when he tries to attack he can’t because he’s still thinking of defence so we attack half hearted.

It was about two years we didn’t score from a corner yet Cabaye took most of them he couldn’t even think of changing him.

I reckon the players love him because he’s a mate not a gaffer..

• 16 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Ibiza
    What I meant is then and now wasn’t much different I still can’t go lol..

• 17 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Is ‘too much emotion’ the new ‘we wuz tired’? Except trying to take the exuse from a whole new angle in the hope that nobody would notice?

He’s full of it.

If that is too much emotion then I don’t want to see us when we’re lacking. Or does that come to us anyway after 45 minutes?

• 18 G // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:37 AM

“I reckon the players love him because he’s a mate not a gaffer..”

I reckon the players love him because he’s a soft touch. A real manager would have seen how softly they played against the unwashed, not only thrown the book at them, hairdryered them, planted one or two of the prima donas, then fined and transfer listed the ones he couldn’t be bothered to send to the reseves. That’s how a football manager should act (maybe without the actual violence, just the implication), none of this nicey nicey where’s your wifey Pardew style.

• 19 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Ibiza

If we score two tomorrow, I’m going to buy 7 pizzas. I’m getting my moneys worth!

• 20 Ibizatoon // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Rebecca…Oh right, in that case, not so selfish! :)

After reading your post @15, it’s probably worked out best that you only recently started posting…I would have sent you barmy!

So, honestly, what chance do you think there is of Ashley hiring the sort of manager you’d like? The follow up question is, how long do you think that manager would put up with Ashley?

• 21 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Nicey Nicey where’s your wifey?

I’ve no idea what you’re on about, but I likes it.

• 22 Ibizatoon // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Laurent…Yeah, the too much emotion comment really is a load of tosh. Certainly no emotion for the derby as far as I am concerned.

Ernest…Absolutely…best take advantage of the deal when we can!

• 23 G // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:41 AM

ErnestHemingway, you claim to be from Wallsend. If you were from Wallsend you would know Marbells is where you get your Pizza. Besides, Wallsend is a big place, but they certainly don’t deliver where I live (Right next to the little Asda on Hadrian Road).

• 24 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:41 AM

If pardew asked where my wife was I would look him firmly in the mince pies and tell him to back off, she belongs to me.

• 25 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Haha marbells is amazing. They do a pizza called mixed shot, it’s good!

I’m from wallsend but moved to Northumberland last summer. I used to live next to where the old police station in wallsend was. I could see marbells from my window. There ain’t much I don’t know about wallsend takeaways!

• 26 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Used to get in the Anson regular.

• 27 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:45 AM

And use that asda on a daily basis

• 28 G // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Aye, theres a fair few round here, somehow finding the space to wedge themselves between the busy shopping area consisting entirely of pawnbrokers, bookies and charity shops. Nice to know we still have some commerce in the form of food.

• 29 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Ibiza, it was dreadful to watch last week, again, and that is a major flaw with Pardew. We look clueless in the final third even in our ‘better’ patches of play, so I think he’s talking nonsense once again.

If we usually played good football in the final third I may agree, but we don’t, so nothing has changed from the norm. The normality of being inept as an offensive manager.

I knew we’d be beaten, because we don’t create anywhere near enough quality chances in the box and our outside the box shooters (saviours) were out/gone in Cabaye and Remy. No surprise that we couldn’t muster up a goal.

• 30 G // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:47 AM

@27, preferred when it was Netto, better wine deals then. And if you really needed next-to-useless East European washing powder you were in business!

• 31 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Ernest me too
    G I’ll hold him you hit him..

I’m an eternal optimist but a realist which is a bitch.
    I don’t reckon Ashley ever will as i said to yesterday it’s all about advertising mid table is perfect Pardew is doing the perfect job.
    Ashley doesn’t have to spend much keep us miserable in the papers constantly kicking off..
    Bad news is better than good news to him because SD are all over whatever report on NUFC comes out and it doesn’t reflect on them at all.

So it’s never going to happen and if it did the candidate would walk out during the interview!

• 32 ErnestHemingway // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:47 AM

The high streets shocking now, aint it. Depressing. The tattoo shop next to where woolies used to be sells drugs. Pretty much sums the High street up.

• 33 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Last week was an embarrassment to witness.

• 34 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Ibiza
    @31

• 35 anthc // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:51 AM

After the derby alot of the players were shi*e. Perfect opportunity to bin taylor, santon and shola. Lets see if pardumb has the testicular. Also still concerned about debuchy with his best pal gone. Happy to write this game off to see what other players can do. Finally rijkaard? With the exception of barca hes been sacked everywhere else even the saudi team which doesn’t sound good to me. Don’t want another manager for the sake of ousting pardew but in an ideal world hiddink would be canny.

• 36 G // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I had heard that rumour about the tattoo shop, apparently though if you shop around the rest of the high street has much better value. Anyway, lets get back to the football, does anybody out there have any evidence that AP can / will change shape / tactic / formation during a match? From what I have seen he will stick 11 bods on the pitch with a game plan (presumably one which insists that we let the other team dominate, and perhaps score). In the second half our team will come out and do what they were supposed to do in the first half, but only for 15 minutes, then we will roll over and wait for the Champions League clubs to sign our players. AP, tactical genius.

• 37 Ibizatoon // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Laurent…I think the players looked as bad as they ever have against Sunderland. Far worse than normal, but that’s just my view on things.

Pardew certainly is defensive minded, would never try and argue otherwise, I do however think there had been an attempt to try and play a better style this season…although it certainly has been lacking once we reached the final 3rd. But still, for me, it was a work in progress.

These recent mutterings certainly haven’t filled me with much confidence that will be continuing though.

Rebecca…That’s fair enough and probably why I am as patient as I am with Pardew.

• 38 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 12:58 AM

G
    Pardews tactical genius is to bring a left back on with a left foot who should have started most games because we have no width from our wide players.

When Pardew looks scared in a interview it’s because he’s dreading the day someone says ” so Alan how did you con all these people you knew what you were doing?”

• 39 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Ibiza
    I just don’t think he’s capable, I ain’t going to hate him for it he can’t change it so it’s not his fault.
    Ashley’s like a owner with a sick dog he can’t bring to have put down.

• 40 G // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:01 AM

” so Alan how did you con all these people you knew what you were doing?”

Unfortunately for us fans, he doesn’t have to con many, just one. A fat on with the cash, and no inclination to spend it.

• 41 Ibizatoon // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Rebecca…He’s more like the owner of a sick dog who is to cheap to put it down as it still somewhat keeps the kids entertained, even if they are catching it’s illness.

• 42 IITianToon // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Poor Mbiwa, poor guy gets shunted out of the team whenever someone in defence returns from injury or suspension :D

• 43 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:05 AM

G
    Ashley knows exactly what’s going on fella..
    I’m not a doctor but trust me no ones that dumb and earned a couple billion!

• 44 Graeme // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Greetings Ibiza – hows the wrinkly scene going?? Keep it in your trousers mate!!!

Toon have lost ONE player; there are still some very good players at SJP and its up to Pardew to start knocking a few heads together (Literally, we cant afford him getting sacked just now!!) and getting the TEAM working for each other again.

I really cant see us getting much off Chelski, they were superb against shitty and will still be on a huge High – a draw would be an awesome result for us to be honest!!

• 45 JP...from The Rock // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:05 AM

I think what Pardew means by changing the way we play he’s referring to our style vs Norwich. Although we didn’t score in that match, we now have De Jong who has had a full weeks training under our system to get up to speed a bit.

Against Norwich it was one of our best performances of the season and that was without Cabaye. We used the flanks exceptionally well and if De Jong and Cisse can link up we will be a force again.

Onwards and Upwards!
    HWTL!

• 46 G // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:07 AM

I agree, I just wish I knew one way or the other what his intentions were. Its like watching a 16 year old date my 13 year old daughter. I can see it will end in trouble, however, I hope for the best.

• 47 JP...from The Rock // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Although it’s more than likely we will play with either De Jong or Cisse up front suported on the wings by either three of HBA, Gouffran and Sammy. Sammy did brilliantly for us against Norwich and against Sunderland his performance was once again one of the positives. I think we will be alright and might even be a handful to some teams with our new striker in the mix. Though it will be extremely tough to judge against the likes of big money Chelski.

• 48 Graeme // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:11 AM

JP, hopefully DJ can be the player that can unlock the door for both Cisse and Remy. A difficult ask given they are such different players.

However, Bambi should never be back in the team, so we really need Pardew to get something going with De Jong, Cisse, Remy – it just may spark the 2nd half of the season for us!!

• 49 G // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Reading the last few comments, I don’t think anybody is desputing that we have some fairly decent players. I think what we (or I anyway) are desputing that AP is a man capable of bring the best out of them.

• 50 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:14 AM

G
    @49 I go along with that.

• 51 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Pardew should have started De Jong against The unwashed he’d played and started two winter games just before he signed for us.
    Surely a hour of him instead of strolla would be better, there was no chance Luuk was going to be a impact sub in such a big game he’d be better on at the start than trying to catch its tempo!

• 52 Graeme // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:18 AM

We played some good football not too long ago. Since then only ONE player has left. Its a blow, but its not the end of the world ffs. Its situations like this that a good Manager steps up, instills the belief back in his team and comes hout mean and fighting.

To me, tomorrow is down to how well Pardeau has the team together, if we play like we did against Spuds, Shitty, Manure, who knows what could be achieved??

• 53 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Both friendlies

• 54 Graeme // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Yep, but since thos friendlies, he’s played something like 20 minutes in 5-6 minute spells as a sub!!

He has now had a full 8 days with Pardew and his team mates – he should be far more aware of what they are trying to do and what his role is. To me, its simple – You’re a front man – create them for your partners up front – or bang them in yourself.

He has a chance of cult status if he bangs a couple in tomorrow!!

• 55 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Ibiza, he’s made an attempt to keep it on the floor more, but even by playing Anita that will improve.

To go against the grain for his whole career in management, he’s not going to suddenly know what to do when attacking. I think he’s only tried to change it a bit (i.e. not outright hoofball as much) through pressure on him from all angles. It hasn’t been his discovery.

I still think that he’s drastically underperforming the team to what it could be capable of.

Again, Poyet and Martinez have shown what can be done when the emphasis is placed on playing positive and calculated football. That is only in a very short period of time. Not in the 4 years or whatever Pardew has had us. Even if you count this season. Poyet has implemented his vision straight away and they are already getting rewards not just on a points basis, but of the way they play football.

I like our players a lot. I just want them to be played in a side which maximises their ability, not curbs it.

• 56 JP...from The Rock // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Graeme exactly. Perhaps De Jong will be our surprise package this time like Cisse was when he first arrived, but probably not as prolific.

I still believe in Pardew and his ability. His assessment and analysis on our matches are usually spot on. He also said it was too early for De Jong and he was also right. The man is no mug let’s put it that way. He’s also made Willo look like a rock at the back and made Perchy make Tiote look like an amateur. He’s also made Cabaye a better player and identified Gouffran as a good player that could do a good job for our team.

I think he has been constantly undermined by Ashley’s penny pinching and horrible decisions concerning the club affecting the whole building process and making his job even harder. He has supplied us with great football at times and some disgusting football at times, but not all can be down to him, the players have to take some of the blame just as they get credit when we play well.

Pardew is very under-rated imo but what is my main concern is his love affair with Strolla. That to me is his biggest flaw. His insistence on a woeful excuse of a footballer to be considered ahead of any proper footballer is baffling. Tbh I think he does it to please the deluded fans that see him as a hero, the mackem slayer and all that bullsh*t. He’s crap but plays him because he thinks us fans want to see a local lad play for the team, even though he probably knows he’s shite!

On the other hand we could do better than Pardew also, but i like him as he handles himself and the club very well though very testing times on a regular basis, something the great King Kenny never had the bottle for as he walked out on us twice. Many managers before have buckled under the pressure and although Pardew will probably not get a better job and takes the low blows Ashley dishes out I respect him and admire his perseverance as he truly is honored to be the manager of this great football club.

sorry for the long post.

• 57 Marty-Toon // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Last week was embarrassing but this week we’ll get destroyed.
    If Chelsea play as they did against City then we won’t get a look in.
    Hope I’m wrong but can see the game being switched off at half time and being down in the dumps all evening

• 58 JP...from The Rock // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:33 AM

oops I meant *King Keegan! lol Kenny was a fool bringing back his old football buddies from Liverpool, Rush and Barnes anyone lol

• 59 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Graeme
    I see where you and a lot of fans see us as playing better this year.
    I’ll give you that there’s been improvement but only in the sense we pass and keep the ball better than we used to everything else is the same. No point passing when your going nowhere though.
    If we passed and moved and worked openings I’d be happy as everyone would be, instead we rely on magic moments!
    Which are getting as rare as hens teeth.

• 60 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:40 AM

JP
    I agree on most of your post except the assessment of Pardew.
    I believe he is a charlatan, go and look at all the records he’s broken at the club 80% are bad ones. He has the second worst win rate in our prem history second only to Guilit who had the decency to walk.

• 61 Marty-Toon // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:47 AM

AP has had his good days coaching and had the team playing great footy at times but far too many times his team set up and inability to change things have been baffling not to speak about his substitutions at times.
    He’s definite not had much help from MA when he’s needed it and it must be difficult building a team when u know your best players are gonna be sold.
    I in all honesty think we’re stuck with em both for another few years

• 62 Graeme // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Rebecca, you are correct, the “Hoof-Ball” has subsided and we play more on the floor – and we are far better for it. We have some really skillfull players, so why not play to OUR strengths?

Bollox to what other teams do, we should play the way that suits the team we have available. Take it to them, defend when we need to, but move it forward asap. If only Pardew had the vision to pull it off!!

• 63 thai-mag // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:51 AM

what a load of guff, Pardew is like a mad dog howling at the moon, we will be lucky to keep the goals against down to single figures today no matter what formation we play

• 64 Jail for Ashley // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Just reading through the posts and Padres is harping on about three or four top players being brought in during the summer, which leads me to believe that he is complicit in the deceit that the club likes to cloak its self in.

• 65 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 1:58 AM

Marty
    The Stoke game was everything you need to know about him as a manager.

After the game in post match congress he said “I just wanted to get in at half time at 1 0 then the sending”. The reason I bring this up is the sending off was around thirty minutes and he knew before but wasp repaired to let the team struggle for at least another 15mins..

But we all know he got lucky and they had two sent off, but what got me was his subs for 2nd half.
    Were at 1 1 against 9 men it should be a stroll, so I’m sat at half time thinking cisses going to get 45mins against 9men it’ll be great for his confidence etc…
    What happens he brings Shola on…… WTF why are we putting a player on who’s only asset is to hold the ball up…
    Yes we won big deal. It’s all there to see if people open their eyes.
    Crystal palace 3 0 penalty deflection and a own goal, 1st time I’d seen a ball in from the wing fly in the net for a while.. Shame it was their player scoring..

• 66 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 2:01 AM

JFA
    I agree, if you look at his record with us it’s bonk only a complete fool would offer him a prem job he’s happy where he is.

• 67 LeToonARMY // Feb 8, 2014 at 2:10 AM

__________________KRUL_____________
    __WILLO____ DEBUCHY __ MBIWA___SANTON___
    ___BEN ARFA__SISSOKO__ANITA__SISSOKO___
    ___________DE JONG___AMEOBI_________

• 68 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Graeme
    I wish we would use our strengths we don’t use our flair players as what they do on the ball can’t be taken into his defective equation the numbers never add up so they don’t play unless there’s no one else.

It baffles me though because he complains about Benny not tracking back yet Santon strolls back into position without a care in the world.

• 69 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Play to our strengths
    And
    Defensive equation

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Feb 8, 2014 at 2:26 AM

Rebecca,
    I was talking to a couple of lads last night and they though Pardew was doing a decent job, they obviously haven’t witnessed the dross he serves up 70% of the time and don’t feel the pain of three in a row and the FA cup debacles, saying that though when you look at the net spend he’s had to an outsider US sitting in eighth must look ok, it really baffles me why people think Ashley wants rid of him.

• 71 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 2:36 AM

JFA
    See me posts @15 and 65 on what I think of that clown.
    Ashley stabs us in the back constantly but twists it by having Pardew in charge!

• 72 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Feb 8, 2014 at 2:55 AM

JFA
    I think Ashley tells us it’s raining while p*****g on our heads whilst Pardew laps up the puddles.
    Ashley sticks the knife in Pardew is the twisting sensation, their a lethal combo they’ve nearly sucked all the life out of SJP.

I hate to say it but a lot of fans are clueless and their opinion is what ever commentator or pundit they just watched says, and I hate the pundits etc what a load of tripe they spout… Do they ever disagree?if I didn’t know better which I don’t I’d say it was scripted.
    I reckon a lot of them do it because they couldn’t manage but I’m embarrassed how often they contradict themselves even in the same show..

• 73 theartfuldodger // Feb 8, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Speaking of our records in Transfer Market,

How is it that when we are in a good position, even 1 deal isnt financially viable no matter how hard they try. However when we are in trouble, or need players like next summer, out of the blue 3 or 4 deals might become possible.

• 74 nufcusa // Feb 8, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Fair play to Pardew for making a fist of it and coming out fighting but next 2 games are a write off. We will get a maximum of 15 points from the remaining 14 games. That will take us to 51 and 8th place. yesssss!!!

• 75 geordieboy83 // Feb 8, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Morning lads lasses and Rebecca,

Regards to a change in style what I’d love to see would be the following for home games
    Krul
    Debs. Willo. Mbiwa. Danton

Tiote. Siss

Hbs. Marvs. Gouffy

De Jong

The beauty if that is the interchangeability of the front 4 they could constantly second guess the defenders to the point where a midfielder would have to drop in, thus cresting 10 yards for sissoko to burst into. Even at away games bar the top 7 teams just go for it and attack it. If we lost 4-3 most weeks is still enjoy it at least : )

previous post: Newcastle Now Warned As To Their Future Conduct