On-Loan Striker – I Want To Stay At Newcastle

Newcastle’s on-loan striker Luuk De Jong wants to stay at Newcastle at the end of his loan spell, but of course he will have to be like the postman (mailman) before the end of this season – and deliver – goals that is.

luuk de jong newcastel tstrip

Luuk de Jong – wants to stay at Newcastle

Luuk has looked good in his two appearances for Newcastle so far, and once Loic Remy is fit again – we’d love to see a Luuk de Jong – Loic Remy front two in a 4-4-2 formation at Newcastle.

That could be against Aston Villa at St. James’ Park in two weeks time – following the home game on Wednesday against Tottenham – who beat Everton 1-0 today.

Luuk showed good movement on Saturday at Stamford Bridge and he had this to say in the Mirror:

“I would like to be important for this team, in terms of goals and assists, and work hard.”

I’m on loan with an option to stay and I would like to go on with this option if it is possible.” “Of course I would like to try to impress enough to stay.”

“It’s a really big and nice club. I am really happy that I have come here, even if it’s been a tough start.”  “After the Sunderland defeat it wasn’t a nice place, the disappointment was strong.”

“That was a game we couldn’t lose and we did, of course. It was never going to be nice but I have a really good feeling about the place. I think we can go on now and do better.”

Newcastle were without Loic Remy, Yoan Gouffran, Fabricio Coloccini, Papiss Cisse and Cheick Tiote on Saturday, and now Mathieu Debuchy will miss out on Wednesday night, although Yoan Gouffran is expected to be back for that game.

Newcastle have lost five of their last seven games and failed to score in five of them – so we need Luuk de Jong to find the net as quickly as possible, and hopefully everybody will be fit for the game at Aston Villa two weeks today.

We need to see Newcastle start a winning run before the end of the season, and we could still finish in a decent position in the league table.

Top ten was the official target of the club for this season,

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Harley

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Damn!!!!

When I saw the headline I thought it was the other striker.

• AmericanMagpie

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Score some goals and you can stay.

• jimmysmith

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Might be a bit harsh and have little or no impact on his effectiveness for us, but the player looks like he has a kind of “hip displacia”, a weakness in the hips commonly found in large dogs, and therefore a most unfortunate affliction for a Newcastle centre forward to be saddled with.

• blacknwhite yorkshireman

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Off to the game on Wed and I’ve heard it has the potential to be a pretty poor attendance, what are we thinking like 40,000??? I know a lot of people are sick of Ashley and Pardew but my personal opinion is that we should stick with the players. Hopefully will be a good turn out and the lads will deliver.

If Debuchy is definitely out the team I would go with is

Krul
    Santon Willo MYM Haidara
    Sissoko Anita
    HBA Marv Gouffran (Or Sammy if he’s still out)
    De Jong

• Graeme

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Isn’t the well acclaimed “Bonus Scheme” due to kick in if we finish in Top 10? Would it be an incredible shock if we actually finished 11th?? Or is that simply too much of a fluke to be even contemplated?

• toon1707

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Black n white you would want MYM in the team ahead of Taylor did you see the game on Saturday

• Sav

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Luuk Who’s talking…Well, Luuk, talk about stating the bleedin’ obvious! I think it goes without saying, if you are sent back to Borussia, ot ain’t looking good for ye. You need to score a few if you want to stay. Heaven knows we could do with them. 2 matches played and for a big lad, your shooting is woeful. At least warm the keeper’s palms.

• Expat MAG

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:49 AM

I like your words Luuk, so please start scoring goals for the toon and your wish will come true……

Luuk’s team mates need to provide opportunities to score, so hoping Goufron is back for the Spurs game, although not at the expense of Sami, and Ben Arfa learns to pass after he’s already beaten his man. He doesn’t need to take on the entire opposition each time he gets the ball!!!!