Wednesday Is Now A Massive Night At St. James’ Park

Local lad Steven Taylor was impressed with the Chelsea side yesterday, and Newcastle were unable to make a game out of it, after Eden Hazard scored two wonderful goals in the first 34 minutes, and basically the game was over, and then in the second half substitute Yanga-Mbiwa committed a ridiculous foul on Eto’o while a corner was being cleared by our defense, and Eden Hazed easily scored from the spot for his hat-trick – and was the outstanding player on the field yesterday.

Rangers v Newcastle United - Pre Season Friendly

Steven Taylor – Chelsea oozed class

This is what the 28 year-old center-back, who made his debut for Newcastle back in 2004, when the great Bobby Robson was managing the club, had to say after the game:

“It was obviously difficult for us. We started off pretty well, the lads dug in at times when it was difficult but when you give them opportunities like we did, with the quality that they have it’s always going to be difficult.”

“I think all their players have star quality even the players on their bench. They are always going to be difficult to play against.”

“For us today I thought we dealt with pretty much everything in the first half except for the two goals that we gave away, but we created some really good chances before their second goal, and we could have gone level with Moussa’s chance.

“For us we had three great chances there and on another day they could have gone in.”  “We’ve just got to keep building. “Wednesday is a massive night at St James’ Park and for us hopefully we can get three points if we take the game to Tottenham and attack.”

Things are at a low ebb right now at Newcastle, after we have lost five of the last seven league games, and we need to take something out of the home game against Tottenham on Wednesday night.

But we will need to score some goals to do that, and in our last three home games in the league, we’ve lost them all and failed to score.

We need to change that on Wednesday night, but the lads may have to do that in front of  only an average crowd, with a number of Newcastle fans disillusioned at the moment, mainly due to the untimely departure of Yohan Cabaye and the three thrashings at the hands of local enemy Sunderland.

And finally,  Wes Brown managed to get himself sent off  after only 4 minutes in yesterday’s home game against Hull City, for the third time this season, and Hull won 2-0.

Pity he couldn’t have got himself sent off last Saturday. 🙁

And with Swansea, Crystal Palace and West Ham all winning, Sunderland remain 4th bottom of the league and only one point from the relegation zone.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• spitfire_

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM

8 days ago was also a massive day for Newcastle but we all remember what happen that day.

• catchy in norway

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:58 AM

every game at home is massive

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I didn’t vote for MOTM this time around!

…it is not like it is all bad, but we were never going to get a goal with that setup and as soon as Chelsea punished us we were done for!

Most players frankly looked questionable – the subs as well. Is it the players or the system?

We should have made adjustments before half time. There is actually alot I simply don’t get about the way one of the PL best managers have us play – but that will be another day.

• toon kk

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Prepare for us slipping down the table, with key players out and not replacing Cabaye we’re simply not good enough.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I am not sure I will be watching more games this season; at least not going to make time for it 🙁

…if I am home and have nothing else to do I might just tune in. It is a bit sad it has come to this…

• Rebbeca from 7 miles away

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Re post from last..

So we can beat anybody at home, really that’s not what I’ve witnessed this year.
    We struggle more at home than away because we don’t know how to attack the opposition, we can’t create openings through good passing, we don’t get any width unless debuch? gets forward. The only time we have more than one in the box is for corners, which we are still terrible with.

Anyone tell me how Santon did in midfield yesterday.
    I’m not a great fan of his and don’t think he’s a winger or left back, he’s far to lazy to be a defender and if we’re going to push him forward he has a lot to do.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM

out of last 6 PL games, We have failed to score in 5 games.

Forget about wins. Where is our next gaol coming from?

• Rebbeca from 7 miles away

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I didn’t realise Pardew and Jose are lovers!

They must be for Jose to spout such tripe, either that or he thinks the other managers are worse than Pardew!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM

We can beat anyone at home, results have proved that. What they also prove is our ability to lose to anyone at home as well.

• Rebbeca from 7 miles away

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Lilon

Your right, Pardews management style is based on luck not judgement.

Santon anyone?
    Was he lost in CM
    Did he look comfortable?

• Rebbeca from 7 miles away

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Don’t we have a better away record this year?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Yeah it is like rolling dice 😉

• Himanshu Dhingra

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Rebeca

Looked good! Was my MOTM.

• toon kk

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I can’t see where our next win will come, its a case of I wonder what we’ll get beat by.
    Great 5 year plan! !!!!!!!!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Rebecca,
    I have commented a few times on Santon’s game yesterday. For me, he wasn’t great. He was at fault for the first goal, allowing Hazard to run past him, and not busting a gut to get with him. He played a couple of decent passes, but in the main he looked like what he is, a professional player out of position. That is to say, he is always going to be capable of doing the basics, pass, tackle, etc but he didn’t know the role and struggled to make an impact.

Tough on a guy who is low on confidence and out of form in his proper position to be played in an unfamiliar role against a top side.

• Rebbeca from 7 miles away

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Hmm
    Saw the starting 11 and thought the game would pass him by.

But I’m safe in assuming we were completely ineffective against Chelsea, playing our brand of contains football.

I’d pay good money to watch Pardew coach the man city players for a coupler weeks, it would be numerous to say the least.

• catchy in norway

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM

• catchy in norway

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM

sorry 11th

• bishopblaize

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Good Day everybody, it’s now time for positiveness in our support.

Look at the fans @ Palace, Hull & West Ham yesterday .. They got their results by being nice!

Some of the attitude on here isn’t very sportsmanship.

We’ve thirteen games to go so make em the good times please.

I really hope the people that are really so bitter about life are not living in the North East (that would explain it)

Geordies are passionate people .. Don’t ever take that away

As for next match let’s smash the cockney yids … Like previous posts It’s a Home Game and we do have the advantage 🙂 us

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Rebbecca
    Santon was ok yesterday,fell asleep with the 1st goal,played a great through ball to put Moussa through and got better as the game went on.It is the 1st time he has played in that position.Give the dude a chance.

• toon kk

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:22 AM

JOKE CLUB!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Rebbeca…I guess it depends on who you are asking mate 😉

…your last question should probably have been asked before the Santon question!

• Rebbeca from 7 miles away

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Toon
    People miss read the fine print it’s a “5min plan”

Lilon
    That’s my biggest problem with Santon, he never busts a gut to get back in position. Pardew whines about Benny Santon is just as bad is meant to be a defender and nothing’s said.

I’m not sure about Santon, I don’t think I’ve ever tsar him look completely comfortable right or left side.

What’s Mbiwa done not to get a sniff, heard he came on a RB and had a mare.. Can anyone tell me how that lad helped keep three clean sheets in a row against Chelsea Citeh and Spurs and gets dropped first for co co the clown then the calamity Steven Taylor.

Steven Taylor has more chance of a oscar than a England cap, I’m always gutted and embarrassed when he’s in the side.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Rebecca,
    Mbiwa had a poor game when came on, and his foul for the penalty was very Taylor-esque. I would prefer him to play ahead of Taylor, but for some reason Pardew doesn’t see it that way. He gave in to Ba’s demands to go up top, has he given in to Taylors threats he will leave if he doesn’t get games? Pure conspiracy and speculation with out an ounce of fact, just a thought.

Santon is a tough one, I think the lad is very low on confidence at the minute. I’d like to see Haidara given a run personally.

• catchy in norway

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM

mojo

what did he do that was good,

from what i can remember, chelsea players just ran past him,

sky had him on the wing
    Santon
    Played well on the flank.
    0 5.0 6

hmmm

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Is it me or not long after MYM signed he gave an interview and called us a “Stepping Stone” club?,can anyone else remember that?

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Catchy
    what did he do that was good,

Set Moussa away with a perfect through ball which he should have buried,worked hard,never gave the ball away much.

from what i can remember, chelsea players just ran past him,

That was for the 1st goal,after that he did well,apart from the 1st goal can you tell me any other mistakes he made?

• catchy in norway

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:32 AM

mojo

looking at most of our players under pardew, not many would move to a bigger club

• catchy in norway

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:35 AM

mojo

in the roll he was in, his job was to seek the ball and stop players getting past him, other than the pass to sissoko, all he did was run,

• toonarmydownsouth

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Mojo
    He have the stepping stone interview about 6 months before joining
    Tbf think that’s why most join us!

• Rebbeca from 7 miles away

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Is it just my natural suspicious nature or are we playing players who we want rid of before bringing the replacements into the team.
    It’s as if were purposely holding players back.

• Rebbeca from 7 miles away

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM

It’s been obvious since day 1 Pardew doesn’t trust players except his chosen 11

• Harley

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM

We can beat spurs on Wednesday.

I watched the match yesterday and at times Chelsea were sublime. We didn’t get played off the park and had quite a few chances ourselves.

Chelsea are the best team in the premiership on current form and many peoples favourites to win the league. Plus no team has ever won there under mourinhio.

Spurs aren’t in Chelsea’s league and are not great away from home. We can do the double over them and lift some of this god damn gloom that’s hanging over everyone!!!!

• BandB

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM

There was a time when Ashley did give interviews. This is what he said after the club was relegated. “It has been catastrophic for everybody. I’ve lost my money and I’ve made terrible decisions. Now I want to sell it as soon as I can.”

Asked if he regretted buying the club, he said: “Of course I regret it. I never said I was an expert in football clubs. I was just a fan – although a very wealthy fan. But I’m not so wealthy now. I put my money into it and I tried my best. But I accept my best was woefully short.”

I don’t think any of this has changed. He got his fingers burned, blew his money, and wants it back. Neither do I think he is enjoying this. Sports Direct gets rotten publicity out of its association with Newcastle United, as I’m sure his SD fellow directors tell him.
    So in my view it is pointless berating him for signings he has no intention of making unless the process of getting his money back is threatened. Does anyone still really think what we are seeing now is a badly-executed master plan to get into the Champions League?

In the same interview, he apologized for the mess he’d made. He probably feels a lot less apologetic now.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Catchy
    I didn’t ask you what you think he did,i asked you what else did he do wrong then if had such a mare?.

• Ben3arfa

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM

ASHLEY OUT

• Thump

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

@mojo: I think that was Goofy, mate.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Thump
    The Article is titled”Don’t Expect Mapou Yanga Mbiwa to stay at Newcastle long”.

• magpie6699

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Is Goof back for Wednesday? If so, maybe we should try Goof / de Jong up front. As for right back if Debuchy isn’t ok – I don’t know. Santon with Hairdryer on the other side?

1 2 3 5