Teen Prodigy To Sign Long Term Contract At Newcastle

Newcastle’s star youngster Adam Armstrong is 17 today, and it seems that Alan Pardew has seen the huge potential in this local lad, and wants to sign him to a long term contract at Newcastle.

adam armstrong 99

Adam Armstrong – turns 17 today

Adam has been on the bench in the last few games, but he has yet to make his first team debut – but we expect for that to change before the end of the season.

This is what Alan Pardew has told the local press today:

“I think he’s got a part to play somewhere along the line – he’s somebody we have high hopes for.” “Hopefully, we’ll secure his long-term future here in the next few days.”

Armstrong is compared to Wayne Rooney of Manchester United for a number of  reasons – one is that his style of play is very much like the Red Devils number 10, he has a build resembling that of Wayne, and he is also prodigious at a young age – as Wayne was at Everton – and Wayne is also Adam’s favorite player.

Adam has been a standout for the England U17 side and the Newcastle U21 side this season, and he’s forced himself onto the Newcastle bench.

And with Newcastle fans needing good news these days from anywhere they can find it – it would be great if Adam makes his debut on Wednesday night against Tottenham, and fans can see just how great this lad can become on Tyneside.

And Adam has been left out of the U21 game tonight against Leicester City – so maybe the manager plans to give the lad his debut at the age 17 years and three days – on Wednesday night.

If we see Adam make his debut and Newcastle win – heaven forbid if Adam should score the winning goal –  we’ll actually have something big to celebrate for a change.

We hope to see that happen – and yes we’re dreaming again. 😀

Howay The Lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Transfer Sage

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Would love to see this lad come on against spurs, let him have a feel for the occasion.

I guess it depends on the situation and how ready he is but he’s got to be worth a go before shola who is woefully out of form at the moment.

• dubzy

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM

if where winning id like to think so …but its AP at the end of the day ,not even he knows what he does )

• ErnestHemingway

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Sage

Aye, it would be great to see him. Like most fans, ive never seen him play but its worth the giving him 15 minutes.

• Cantbuyye

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Repost. The win at Spurs this season is/was the luckiest game i’ve ever seen. Krul was like Superman. They’ll be wanting revenge for that result. Didn’t Krul break some kinda of record that, 14 saves?

• firebug666

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM

TS
    My turn to agree with you, Shola should be put out to pasture now, I like the look of this lad too and think a 15 minute sub would do him the world of good regardless of the result at the time, he may even get us the winner v spuds. Now that would be something.

• Rake

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I watched Everton vs Spurs and Spurs looked flat. I think it will probably be a 1-1 or a 1-0 that could go either way.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM

firebug

well i think shola had somethig to offer a few months ago, not scoring but was holding the ball well and playing it into others…but the last month or two has really changed and gone back to his old self.

he’s leaving at the end of the year so might as well give this lad a go instead.

• ErnestHemingway

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Spurs remind me of us the season we finished 5th….not dominating games, sneaking wins, certainly not playing well and beatable.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Repost
    Daz
    Sorry about the delay.I’d take the 1st option.The loss,pardew sacked and win the rest of the games.Because that would be what is best for the team

• firebug666

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:32 PM

TS
    I think AP is playing Shola just to get him his world cup place. If this is true then it is at the expense of our team and results. Shola’s heading is diabolical when compared to LDJ v Chelsea the other day. LDJ was heading to the left and right for our on running players, Shola just keeps heading the ball back to their keeper. lmao.

• mag

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

As long as Newcastle United don’t get conned into buying De Jong another goal shy striker is the last thing we need.

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Catchy
    I’ll make it easier for you.Go back and find me a post where you give us credit for a win.When i brought up the West Ham win you basically said it was sh1t.

• Ancientcoptic

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM

“If we see Adam make his debut and Newcastle win – heaven forbid if Adam should score the winning goal – we’ll actually have something big to celebrate for a change.”

Fine form today, Ed.

• mag

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Sack Pardew for being a spineless jobsworth!

• MrMojoRisin76

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Daztoon
    And that question was designed to find out if i’m a die hard Pardew fan,was it not?

• John Tudor

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM

promote pardew upstairs
    let him clean ashleys private lavvy

• mag

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Make pardew backstairs Al!

• Cantbuyye

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Are there any die hard Pardew fans? I doubt that very much. Nov/Dec was amazing, the rest of it has been pure crap. The City and Arsenal loses excluded, we did actually compete in those 2 games. I’d love a fresh manager to come in but know Fatman has to fork out 2.4mil comp, (6 years at 400k per season) so we can forget about it unless Fatty has some mid life crisis and opens his wallet 😀

• catchy in norway

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM

mojo

go an look up the loses v Man U and arsenal 4-3 and 7-3 I said then we played very well

I honestly think there is something wrong in your head.

we won 3-1 v west ham and like always we made very hard work of it, it took an injury time goal to kill them off,

we play pretty football in our own half, where we have extra bodies,

we have a loan striker with none to very little support and we shoot from 30 yards out a lot , mostly hitting the corner flag,

I will not praise a game of football just because of a wonder goal if for 80 mins we have struggled

it does my head in when I read people saying we played well against teams like Norwich when we get draw and they had the better chances , luck got you a point not good team play

do you watch football ??? you do know that it lasts 90 mins ??? you do know that it is played over 2 halfs, you do know we are aloud in the other teams box

• Ian Toon

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:50 PM

It’s noticeable watching Mike Williamson this season how much his technique has improved. He appears much lighter on his feet and his aerial dominance has been seen in a number of games.

After the game on Saturday I suggested this to him, being the nice softly spoken guy he is he put his improved form down to Faye Downey our strength and fitness coach.

Mike has spent a good deal of time in the gym in a weighted vest working the lower and upper body in a programme she has devised.

I see Mike as a key man on Wednesday in his duel with Adebayor.

• croftus5678

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM

cambell not as good as we thought or was hoping as is mostly the case so does armstrong go straight into the team (bit harsh on the lad imo) or do we chance a loan for a season and see what happens ?

would love to have said cambell would get game time next season with all thats happening to us but i think thats far fetched and that he’s not up to the task.

• ONLINE GUY

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Mojo

you had a pop at me a few days back joining in with a couple ..Its happening to you now previous page ..see what it feels like ? your now calling the blog a place full of nutters ..

You have to have a thick skin to survive on here pal .

I was stirring the blog up in a deliberate act to get them all jumping about ,,they love a bit of an argument ..they follow it and then attack the initial stirrer in a pack .

I sit here laughing my tits off ! I apply a bit of reverse ..a bit of Sigmund

Its psychology applied and then sit back and watch the baying hounds

This is what happens ..there are folks on here that watch and wait for an argument to develop ..they are usually the boring and uninteresting people ..blah blah s*ite patter ..they wait for some one to join in with against someone who is interesting and they have pang’s of jealousy against ..plenty of them on this blog . its so predictable and hilarious !

I was accused of Xenophobia ..I could have said ..what and me with a French Missus !? but didn’t and got embroiled ..some of it was tongue in cheek ..some of it was right..but I pushed it and found some of the replies to my amusement ! I even had a Southern man in Texas having a POP ! ..this blog can be a bitch but its also amazing to see the reactions from our Members ..better rephrase that !

So take it with a pich of salt Mojo ..I did when you were having a pop at me ..that way you will have no bad thoughts when you step away from the keyboard !

No animals were hurt in the writing of this .. An d I wish no ill on anyone on this blog ..Your all Newcastle United fans . May your God bless you all….HA !

• veto

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:55 PM

padrew may think its an achievement finishing above a lackluster manure , but its hardly going to tug at the heartstrings of the rest of us .
    this seasons a loss , once we have 40 pts i say blood the youngsters .
    dont care if we finish 15th , as long as a few of the young promising kids get a game .
    hope this geordie lad stick with us and doesnt get blinded by the lights of big money and champions league clubs to early, tho its bound to happen if he starts to shine in the prem

• lesh

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM

It’d make sense to sign Adam up long term before he gets the exposure that could well attract the so called bigger clubs along with their bids that Ashley’d have trouble turning down.

But there is a drawback – we won’t and he’ll be gone!

• wardle106

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Just heard the news of adam signing when I got in, my step dad is over the moon as it is his nephew cant wait to see him banging the goals in

• Shola Pure Legend

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Al believe hes the next Wayne Rooney if he starts banging in the goals. Heard it all before with Campbell and hes never going to be a top player for us.
    Currently on loan at St Mirren struggling against mediocre players.

• Sav

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

I couldn’t care less if we see him or not, just as long as we get the 3 points. If Armstrong helps us beat Spurs, good luck to him. Happy Birthday, Alan. If he’s introduced when the game for us is already dead and buried, I will not be impressed.

• Sav

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:29 AM

|Faye Downey can work my upper and lower body in a vest any time she damn well pleases.

• Expat MAG

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Happy birthday Adam from a sunny and hot Thailand. Keep your feet firmly on the ground as you appear to have a great future ahead of you my son……