Uruguayan Striker Dreams Of Newcastle Or Real Madrid

Newcastle are currently in a tail spin, and we’ve lost seven of the last nine games in all competitions, and the team  haven’t played well in many of those games, and we’ve failed to even score in seven of them.

Abel Hernández

6’1″ Abel Hernandez – 23 year-old striker dreams of joining Newcastle

But hey, Newcastle United still have a good name in football, and as if to give the Newcastle fans a bit of a lift,  a Uruguayan striker has said that it is his dream to join Newcastle United.

To be exact,  he says it’s his dream to join Newcastle United, Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid, but we digress.

The 23 year-old is Abel Hernandez, and he’s nicknamed La Joya (the jewel) and he started his career at Uruguayan side Central Español, and then quickly joined Peñarol, and started to impress with his ability and goal scoring.

And in February of 2009 when he was just 18, he joined Palermo, where his fellow Uruguayan Edinson Cavani was at the time, and Edinson has become one of the world’s best strikers.

But the youngster got a reputation of doing things he shouldn’t be doing off the pitch, like drinking and going to too many night clubs, but it seems he has come to his senses and he had this to say recently on Gazzetta dello Sport:

“I am reborn because we have to win the Serie B title.” “Enough with nightclubs, “Instead I go to church with my mother and score goals to get back to Serie A.

“I decided to stay – I owed it to Palermo owner Maurizio Zamparini and the fans.” “In the future I dream of Newcastle United, Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid.”

Hernandez has played 11 times for the full Uruguayan side with 7 goals, and he played for Uruguay at the Olympic Games in London two years ago.

He is having a good season with 11 goals in just 19 appearances for Palermo, but of course Palermo are now in Serie B, after being relegated last season, and it is a lot easier to score goals there than the English Premier League.

Palermo are leading Serie B at the moment and are 4 points above Empoli in second place, and have lost only 5 of their 24 games and have 45 points.

So maybe a reborn Hernandez can help to get Palermo straight back to Serie A, and since it seems Newcastle will need about three strikers in the summer, then maybe he’s on the radar screen of those lining up Newcastle’s transfer targets in the summer – whoever they may be.

While Newcastle are in a tailspin at the moment, we have to realize the name of Newcastle United is still a good one in Europe, and that’s only one reason why the manager, coaches and players have to turn this disaster since Christmas  around – and turn it around quickly.

While at Palermo Hernandez has played 111 times with 33 goals, and he’s certainly got what it takes to become a top striker – maybe even at Newcastle.

What do you think.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• DokToon

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:25 PM

hes been at the newky brown already i think…

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Oh Abel…You shall be punished for worshiping a false God.

Now get to your nearest Sports Direct, I mean temple!

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Well it shows my old copies of the prem league annual from the 95/96 and 96/97 seasons are getting to the right places….thank god for royal mail’s affordable air delivery.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Reeeeewiiiiiiinnd… i mean repost

Ibiza

I just find it odd…a very good manager can be picked up for 2/3mil a year, chicken feed when you look at a prem club finances, we could improve our coaching at all levels for sensible money too. I don’t imagine all southampton or boro’s youth coaches get a fortune and they produce decent players.

So sure if Ashley wants to maximise revenue and cut costs it would just make more sense to improve what I just said as we could buy less as we’d have a better academy and sell more as hopefully more players would improve during their time here.

I just can’t grasp what he wants, cause whatever way you look at it….making money, progressing the club, aiming for europe…..whatever your view on the man, he isn’t maximising the cubs potential.

• swemag

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Hello,
    I am an alcoholic, this is not a joke, I stopped drinking three months ago. I then made a promise to myself not to drink anymore. It has been an uplifting experience. It honestly has.
    I will make another strong commitment to myself right now. Not that I post a lot here. But I will not watch any more games this season, I will not read any more about Newcastle until the season is over and I will not post anything more here.
    If I continue following this team in it’s current state it will for sure drag me right down.
    There are so many things that are wrong at Toon at the moment it is hard to know where to start. I believe the key thing that got everything to fall apart was the sale of Cabaye. The rot was there but it was hidden behind a drywall. He left and it all got exposed. It is not only the quality of the team, it is about the fundamentals of the club. This is a plan that has failed. It is clear that the players do not believe in the ‘plan’ or idea of how the club is run.
    I have been an avid defender of the spending strategy the club has had and believed that we had enough good players to get us through. However, there is a whole underlying psychology of this mentality that spreads to the players. The message they get is: no ambition.

This club needs a massive cash injection to show to the current crop of players that the club means business. If that is not done the players that are the foundation of this team will leave. Imagine Tiote, Goufran, Debuchy handing in their transfer requests.

The club will need 60-80 million pounds to send a message.

See you guys in June.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM

The crowd so bo-selecta…I mean repost…

TS…Completely agree.

I can only buy in to the whole poor naive Mike doesn’t understand football rubbish for so long.

Wise, Llambias, Kinnear, Pardew.

Give me a break. This has been going on for years now.

• toonking

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM

The thing with a team that has krul debuchy colo santon tiote anita HBA marvo and remy is they are not geordies or passionate type. Cabaye was desperate to leave in the summer so went on strike remy has indicated clearly that he is not remaining at Newcastle when his loan finishes Enrique himself refused to sign a new contract he was determined to leave.

When a player come to a foreign team they are doing it because they EXPECT ambition, what they DON’T want is to see a team have 2 windows with no signings and their best player lost. If they not joining for progress its money they joined for.

The year before we got relegated we had the same type of problem with that squad, their was the greedy type ie xisco smith cacapa martins and the type who are like our current lot ie owen.

The difference with that team is that it also had the passionate type such as carroll Nolan Barton Guthrie and that is what helped us get back into the premier league so quickly.

If I was any of krul anita HBA remy goufran tiote or debuchy and I saw that my current club has did nothing for 2 windows running when it’s buying them, then I’m not bothered where the club finishes all I’m thinking about now is the world cup and playing my own individual skills to get attraction.

• toonking

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:30 PM

sorry about the long post

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM

ibiza

it’s just odd…surely if he wants us to progress up the league hire a good manager and buy some players.

if he wants us to stagnate and generate cash, hire a good manager, good coaches and cash in on loads of players developing and improving….it’s simple.

He would never hire captain stephen peacock to run sports direct, as it wouldn’t make him money….so why does he hire idiots like kinnear to run the transfer business of newcastle….the man is an utter boob (pardon my french).

And he obviously likes football to some extent, he must be able to see what a basic fan can see that 4-0 is not good.

• stuart no9

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:35 PM

ED —-Uruguayan Striker Dreams Of Newcastle Or Real Madrid

Now that’s a tough one ED I would have to think long and hard on that one

• DokToon

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM

good luck to you on that swemag, all the best

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:38 PM

i echo those sentiments Dok

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM

toonking…Exactly. Why would any player be interested in the future of the club or what it succeeds when the message from the top is that they don’t really care?

TS…It’s not that odd when you look at the money that is about to be generated from simply being in the league.

No need to spend extra money to get the £40 odd million SKY money. Sounds terrific!

Granted by finishing a few places higher there might be a few more million available, but there are no guarantees so let’s not risk it.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:40 PM

ibiza

i was thinking more along the lines of player development….if for an extra few mil you can develop players every year to sell for 20+ mil (either academy, or players bought and improved who are older) it would make sense.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Aye swemag good luck. On another note I would just like to thank the owner for his due diligence before selecting the best DoF available (possibly in the entire world) last summer. Well done Mike. So carefully thought out. A man with a silver tongue he was, and we’ll all miss him. 🙁

• Markaccus

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:45 PM

I suppose it means he is deciding between la leaga or the premier league, with madrid or the toon being his cities of choice.

• Shadow_Shearer

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Your maybe your dream to join newcastle, but it’s our owners decision not to purchase u!!

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:46 PM

TS…Oh right, you mean that push on youth we’ve heard so much about 🙂

Right, I’m off to do some work.

Until next time.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:47 PM

markaccus

i often do her madrid described as the newcastle of the mediterranean

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM

shadow

unless he is on a free, has no agent and will take a zero hour contract…then he is all ours

• GeordieTwo

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I would just like to thank all of you who have suggested that I lead our glorious revolution against the Dread Ashley. I proudly accept. And now mates I say AAAIIIEEEE!!!! Viva la revolucion!!! You’re leader G (Zapata) 2.

• Markaccus

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Barca just keep churning out player after player from their accademy. Many of their current squad are ex accademy. Some stayed throughout, some left and came back. Why can we not even produce one???

• GeordieTwo

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:50 PM

PS Harrumph.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:50 PM

viva la Geordietwo

may he ride triumphant and bare chested, hair on show into St James’ Park aloft a wild bore.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM

markaccus

because the sun helps them grow in spain….did you learn nothing in biology.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I flick my nose at you Ashley. There, I flick it again. You have no chance against us evil one.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM

or was that plants…..either way the point is valid

• Markaccus

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM

T sage

I often have a bottle of Madrid broonas aleas

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:52 PM

That most have taken alot of courage to share that swemag 🙂

…good for you mate and well done!

• toonking

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:53 PM

our academy is one of the few things Ashley can’t be blamed for.
    our academy was destroyed in the john hall era.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:53 PM

There shall be no harrumph today!

• GeordieTwo

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM

There are no words to describe my deep feeling of pride at being your beloved leader in this venture mates. And with you donations of 7 euros each we will carry our fight to the very gates of the castle! Huzzahhh!

• GeordieTwo

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Ta TS mate @25. I must admit I hadn’t thought of doing that. Huzzahhh!

• croftus5678

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM

we are lucky anyone “wants” to come to us nvm someone of his quality so sign him and de-jong only players that want to play for us and show a bit of passion please.

• Magpies-till-d3ath

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Get this lad signed up! Fast, strong, quite tall. Can only improve our team. Come the end of the window, we better have at least signed two or three strikers, one or two wingers, a creative midfielder and some centre backs. Haidara looks to be better defensively than Santon, but I still think Santon could work well on the right wing. Can see Ben Arfa leaving, which will kill me. That boy has so much ability it is ridiculous how bad we’ve screwed up with him.

Gouff could definitely play as a front man as long as he has two fast wingers up with him! My two names would be this Hernandez guy and Cabella. Another striker that constantly scores goals and has never really been noticed is Doumbia. We need everything he possesses! Pace and goals!!!!

• GeordieTwo

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I should add that my musket is loaded and the battle jitney is fully fueled and ready to go.

• beermonkey

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Ciaran

you say your group are going after the money issue
    fair enough I think most can see the numbers don’t add up of the top of my head the club is up around 50mill on player sales to purchases since Ashley took over

does your group have proof of where the cash is going?
    does the group have anything factual

ed has a good forum here have you given him an outline of what your group is about maybe he could do an article on them all

hats of for doing something

• Blofal

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:08 PM

If he can kick the bad habits snap him up. We need players that actually WANT to play for this club for a change.

• PompeyJohn