web analytics

We Have Fallen Short As A Team And As Players

Newcastle are in decline this season, and in decline quickly since Boxing Day,  when we hammered Stoke City at St. James’ Park, after we were 1-0 down just before the break, but the referee sent two players off in three minutes and kindly awarded us a penalty, which we missed, but we still went on to thrash those nine men 5-1 in the second half.

Fabricio Coloccini +XAiDgHivPe-m

Captain Fab Coloccini –  must lead the turnaround

But since that game we have won only one game of the last nine, and failed to score in seven of those games – and we could be the worst side in the Premier League over the last few weeks – as far as our form goes – which has been terrible, and last night it was pathetic, and we were hammered 4-0 at home by Spurs.

Our Argentine center-back and captain Fabricio Coloccini has been badly missed at times like these, and he is recovering from a knee injury that has kept him out of the side since he freely walked off in the second half with a knee injury during the West Brom game, and that was shortly after Mathieu Debuchy had been sent off.

This is what captain Coloccini has told the Evening Chronicle today:

“We set ourselves standards as a team and as individual players, but we fell well short of that in the biggest game of the season,” “Everyone at the club was very disappointed in what happened.”

“We followed it by travelling to Chelsea and although our performance was much better, we suffered another 3-0 defeat. Not winning games recently has been tough for everyone.”

“But it is important to remember we are ninth in the division and have had some really good results this season.”

When you lose six of eight league games, fans don’t think of where we are – in 9th position – in the league – but rather where we could be if we had say won say six of those games.

Indeed if we had picked up 18 points from those last eight league games we’d be in 3rd place in the league, one point above Manchester City – so we were really well placed before the decline set in when we lost 1-0 at home to Arsenal in the final game of last year.

With determination, perseverance, guts and some fighting spirit thrown in – Newcastle players and manager Alan Pardew can quickly turn this thing around.

Our next game is against Aston Villa at home a week on Sunday – and we should have Coloccini, Remy and Tiote all back in the starting line-up – and it will be the strongest side we can field, with all players hopefully available.

Time to see how many men we have at Newcastle these days, who can stand up and be counted, in this great time of need at the Tyneside club.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• BandB

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:58 PM

SECOND hand girlie account……:)

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:59 PM

BandB…I obviously can’t completely relate, however, it may be worth looking at is a compliment that people feel comfortable enough not to over sensor what they say on here….maybe not though.

I will say though, as far as blog commenting and content goes, I’m positive you feature high on everyone favourite list. But enough brown nosing.

Ciaran…I hear what you say about the MAOC and Time4Change groups, however, a come along and suck it and see call will be hard for people to join in with.

It’s tough, for a vocal group the information provided to outsiders has been somewhat limited, although I appreciate that some secrecy is required.

As you say, the least people can do is turn up and listen to what they have to say. They turn up to watch the current dross at SJP…so why not?

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM

sensor?!? Try censor Ibiza.

Doh!

• BandB

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Ibizatoon,

I left in a bit of a state of shock late last year, and hit a lot of delete buttons.
    I can’t remember how it worked out before. If you can, I’d be very grateful.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM

BandB @320…Is that gossip I see?

Stinky patter is a right turn off.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:08 PM

BandB @324…I am genuinely sorry, but my brain doesn’t seem to be working that well and that was somewhat too vague for me.

• BandB

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Peter,

Email address.

Clear enough?

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:15 PM

BandB…I think even I can decipher that one…can’t I?

I think I deleted the original account I gave on here and am reluctant to put up my real one on here for obvious reasons.

Use cyrilmatthews.68@gmail.com – Don’t ask 🙂

• BandB

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Nice one,

Cyril.

I will write ya!

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:18 PM

BandB…I look forward to it!

• BandB

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Me too,

Bea

• Ciaran

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM

BandB

Not overly sure what has happened this evening, but if any offence was caused, indirectly or otherwise it was not intentional. I don’t see men or women on this site, I see androgynous names on a screen to whom I respond.

Anyway, I’m off for this evening folks. Night!

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:21 PM

As for you, you over educated spoiled brat…am I not worthy of a response?

Night x

• BandB

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Ciaran,

I will be in touch again.

• Ciaran

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Ibiza

Sorry lad, just read your response after I had posted that to BandB!

Well I think there has to be a two-way system. While MAOC had to have some element of secrecy going forward last night, I think they may become more open as time goes by, just a hunch.

MAOC and T4C put faith in fans to behave themselves so why can’t fellow fans put faith in these groups to represent their best interests? Seems like a one-sided affair. These groups can do a better job of representing fans with more support.

I would say take a leap of faith and go for it, what have our fans got to lose?

BandB

I hope you will be, I know things have been rough lately, I suffered my own loss not too long ago and it hit me badly, an uncle who was like a father, not the same thing of course, but I can relate. Look forward to hearing from you.

All the best you two! And the rest of you bloggers I suppose.

• Belfast

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Glad you’re not a lady.

I’m not allowed to chat to ladies on the internet.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Ciaran…No worries, was just playing with ya.

I agree, what is the worst that could happen at this stage?

Might it start effecting our performances or results? 🙂

Take it easy mate.

• Belfast

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Of to the crystal dome by any chance Ciaran ? 😉

• BandB

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Belfast.

I’m not allowed to chat to men on the internet either.

x

• Ibizatoon

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:38 PM

BandB….You’re safe with Belfast then!

• Belfast

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I’m not a man, I am Cantona

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Welcome back Colo.

Boy have you been missed.

With him and Remy and also Gouffran back with a game under his belt now performances will improve. Our bench will be a little stronger for it also.

Anyone know the timescale on Tiote’s injury? When is he back?

• Graeme

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Ibiza – you cant come to Nigeria in your VW Passionwagon with CYRIL posted down the side.

Mate, I have a rep to uphold lol

• LeToonARMY

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:19 AM

NOT MUCH TO SAY OTHER THAN
    THE TEAM I LOVE IS SHI*
    NUFC ARE A LAUGHING STOCK

FOOLISH FAT ASHLEY AND PUssY KAT PARDEW.

NEED TO GO AS DO SOME OF OUR SHI* PLAYERS;