Loic Remy Cleared Of All Rape Charges

There’s news coming in that Newcastle’s on-loan striker Loic Remy will face no further action, after being arrested last year on a rape charge with two other men.

loic remy goalscorer

Loic Remy – cleared of rape charge

The 27-year-old was accused of rape last May with two other men, when a 34 year-old woman had accused them of raping her in Fulham, London.

But yesterday the case was brought to an end, when all three men were informed they will face no further action over the woman’s allegations.

Scotland Yard made this statement:

“Officers from the sex crime unit Sapphire investigated an allegation of rape on May 6 in the Fulham area. The allegation was passed on to the Metropolitan Police Service by Kent Police on May 8 after the 34-year-old female victim reported it to them the previous day.”

“The victim alleged she was raped by three men.” “On the morning of Wednesday, May 15, three men aged 26, 23 and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape. They were taken into custody at a west London police station and all three men were bailed pending further inquiries.”

“On February 13, and following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, the three men were informed that no further action would be taken against them.”

Loic Remy was the 26 year-old that was charged with rape last year.

Newcastle could have signed Remy permanently in August for around £8M from QPR, if there had been no rape charges pending, but took the safety first action by getting him on loan, which seemed the right thing to do.

But there is now little chance of Newcastle signing Remy permanently this summer, as he will be joining a club with more  ambition than Newcastle have  these days,  and we think he will join a top club in the Champions League – and maybe even Arsenal.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Ben3arfa

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Will only help other clubs sign him.

f%#$ Mike Ashley the fat scum

• 70TWO

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Ciaran @114

I hope I do not regret responding.

I can not answer your questions, you obviously have information but is it substantiated? I have a general feeling that I know what you are saying but no evidence.

Here is a stab:
    1) Is it financial stability when the owner is deliberately shutting down revenue streams to promote his own business?
    Refers to advertising and other commercial income, which will potentially reduce investment into squad (and also be questionable to a potential buyer)
    2) Is it financial stability when the owner is owed more than we ever owed to the banks?
    Refers to the debt owed to the bank by NUFC when Ashley bought the club and payed outright and then subsequent purchase of stadium, all of which is considered a loan (I would say ownership).
    3) Is it financial stability when big money sales are not invested into the club, rather it is being pocketed by Ashley?
    Any income from sales will be accounted along with out goings (can you point to said pocket?)

I am not trying to be smart, I genuinely don’t understand why you think that the TV revenue is not enough to sustain NUFC in the PL with the sale of players to establish a European / Cup squad?

I may appear to be dumb but please don’t refer to it, as I believe we both want a successful club.

• wolfshead@toon

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM

buy him build a team around him forgive ashley?

• ilovetoon8788

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Luuk De Jong is awful. But he’s playing in team with zero confidence and practically nothing tactically. But he just doesn’t suit us. I think he’ll barely score 3 goals for us in the next 10 games or so.

• Mister Tuff

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Ernest Hemingway @99 previous thread.
    You mentioned shopping and I presume buying in one of Mr Tubbs USC Stores.
    If correct -nice to see you contributing to his wealth. mr Tubbs buys out failing companies with their stock. He then massively discounts the “branded/named stock” down to below the wholesale prices. This has the effect that other independent clothing companies who also stock the same branded goods cannot compete and therefore go out of business -therefore creating more opportunities for Mr Tubbs as he destroys the opposition. Might be a successful business model for him but there is a lot of folk who lose their livelihoods along the way. I have pre -Ashley owned brands in the house -some good stuff – I would not entertain any of his merchandise in the house now.
    But if you want to help him out -well that’s up to you.

• 70TWO

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM

IMO Ashley appears to be unprofessional, untrustworthy and genuine. The appointment of a credible Chairman to lead NUFC, who can generate a positive relationship with fans and effectively organise the club would go along way towards further progress.

• 70TWO

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:10 PM

argh! @6

‘ungenuine’

• Big Pappa Cissé

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Our 2nd best player out the door at the end of the season as well. Brilliant.

• 70TWO

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:13 PM

The players, managers and coaches are ancillary to the appointment of a credible Chairman and would be dependent on his decision.

….Offski

• Ciaran

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:14 PM

70Two

Shall I jump for joy because Ashley will “sustain” us in the Premier League then?

• Ciaran

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Check the Toastie

Little bit of advice. If you don’t want to be infuriated at the end of my post, just don’t read it. From past experience I know you fail to grasp simple concepts but hang in there buddy, you’ll get there in the end.

• wolfshead@toon

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM

here is tuffers in his pre ashley owned brands http://www.joke.co.uk/adult-80s-shell-suit-costume

• catchy in norway

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:20 PM

not sticking up for Ashley here

but

he blew the lid on the replica shirt price fixing, he was honest about that

when you read about his inner circle, I does not change much, he has the same trusted people around him giving him what seems good advice as they have helped make him a billionair,

I just think the network of football people he has advising him are doing it for the right reasons, I think people like wise and jimenez have now falling out over money, JK has now been pushed away, , I think the last bad one is pardew

touch wood , he gets it right with the next manager

• Dondatta13

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Right….

Back when we were about to sign Remy, I decided enough was enough with this shower of a club (signing a POTENTIAL rapist)…

I have watched from a distance while we stumbled from one disaster to another.

Today, we hear Remy has been cleared of all charges.

So now Im back, as I could not support or cheer anyone, and I mean ANYONE who had an ALLEGATION of rape hanging over them. I’m very happy to hear he has been cleared.

• Jack Attack Attack Attack

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Dondatta,

What happend to innocent until proven guilty? Your a tosser, down off your moral high ground son! Crawl back under your rock dont bother following the side!

• Jack Attack Attack Attack

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Once uve had jack there is no going back, wor jack is back, attack attack attack!