Newcastle Dressing Room Unrest – Lack Of Confidence

There’s news in the Sunday People  today that there is dressing room unrest at Newcastle at the moment,  but that should hardly come as a surprise to anybody.

alan pardew 0-3 to sunderland

Alan Pardew – if I close my eyes – maybe it’s not happening

When Andy Carroll left Newcastle there were also a number of players – notably Jos Enrique and Joey Barton – who were said to be furious that Newcastle had sold their talisman, and it was hardly surprising when both left the club the following summer.

We lost the next game at Fulham 1-0 and then were 4-0 down the following Saturday at St. James Park at half time to Arsenal after Carroll departed – until that remarkable and gutsy second half comeback that helped players get over that disappointment of losing our local striker – if only by a little bit.

And once again Mike Ashley has proved just how unambitious he is for Newcastle by selling our best player last month, and as in the Andy Carroll situation, not replacing him.

And since Yohan left the club Newcastle have not won, and they have drawn one and lost the last three games – not managed to score – and we’ve conceded 10 goals.

Alan Pardew tore into the squad after the disgraceful performance against Tottenham on Wednesday night, and he had every right to do that – in fact we’d have been disappointed if he hadn’t done that.

So we wouldn’t be at all surprised if some players are upset by the events at Newcastle over the last month or so,

The Sunday People has quoted an insider as saying:

“It’s clear there is unrest in the dressing room. There is a lack of confidence throughout the club.”

It’s not at all surprising there is a lack of confidence throughout the club, and when the top man does something stupid like sell our best player half way through the season it will have repercussions – and they will not be positive..

But this is when real leadership comes in – and it’s now up to Alan Pardew and the coaches, and some of the senior players at Newcastle to turn this thing around.

It can be done – and we are hoping that’s exactly what will happen – and we are also hoping Newcastle can regain some the dignity that has been lost this year.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:22 AM

If Pardew has lost the dressing room, he needs to go, but these “insider” quotes are ridiculous. This person could be anyone and if it’s a genuine NUFC insider, he should be strung up.

• Thump

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Ahhh, this is what Anal Oliver has been saying.

Well, he’s never been right before.

• Belfast

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Looking at some of our players attitude and form lately, it wouldn’t suprise me if it was true

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:26 AM

And…never trust Sunday gossip. They literally make stuff up!

• valle

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:27 AM

TDS… Its not up to you to decide what is garbage, or if you do, you will have to accept that others see your own points as garbage as well, and then its no wonder that this site can feel like a warzone at times. The other side of your argument is that there are plenty of lies spread around on this blog which puts Ashley in a positive light as well. Anyways, im off for the night, so I wont be around for any deeper discussion.

• Belfast

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:31 AM

I would be happy to see him go.

Not a fan of his tactics or excuses, or his constant ass licking of certain individuals who continue to mug him off.

Goodbye farewell

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Valle

So it’s not up to me to decide what is garbage but it’s ok for others to spread outright lies? More garbage.

I’m not aware of any lies spread about Ashley that paint him in a positive light. I think that’s a ridiculous claim!

• G

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Whilst I don’t think AP is a bad manager, I think he is an average, at best manager, and certainly not the man to progress the Toon. It’s time for him to go, the side we have isn’t bad, but the tactics, decisions, and selections are not only questionable, they are at times laughable. If he cannot motivate the squad to do their jobs, or indeed bring the best out of the squad at his disposal, then he has failed. Lets get Sean Dyche in now before somebody else gets him and we have missed another blatant talent.

• TikiTakaAcca

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Pardew’s days at this club are limited if this continues.
    Ashley doesn’t care about the club at all, but he won’t be made to look like a laughing stock for personal reasons.

We were threatened with relegation last season and he panicked. Bought loads of players.
    If Pardew stays and our slide continues, Ashley loses money, it’s as simple as that.
    He won’t sack Pardew for good reasons like making us a better club. It will be purely be for financial gain.
    E.G. finishing position in the league.

• Graeme

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Oh dear, what a shambles of a club we all proffess to adore!!! Nothing much has changed since the 60’s, as far as management ineptitude and player unrest.

Same old, same old.

The only difference now is the name of the owner. Like those he is following, MA has only his own interests at heart – what’s best for NUFC, the fans, the City is a complete irrelevance to every one of them.

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Stop believing the crap! The media like dragging our club through the dirt and the more you lap it up, the more they’ll do it!

• Belfast

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:44 AM

He’s had a good run at it to be fair.

I still don’t know how he survived last seasons farce tbh

If he got sacked now, he would get sympathy from the media etc and be able to get another job no probs.

• Miguel

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:45 AM

We know debuchy will be one, mbiwa cant be happy, skipper of previous french champions to become a bench boy at toon, haidara must be another, what has he got to do for santon to be dropped, he must think hes got no chance. Marv will defo be fed up here, even before cabs went. Remy must be looking forward to going back to qpr. Benny will be off, again fed up of warming the bench. But really dont we blame the players for there being an uprest, we have quality in the dressing room but pards is destroying players abilitys etc, they must laugh at him when they go out to warm up.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Ed, cabaye wanted to go. We didn’t source a suitable replacement in time. The DoF has gone. Hopefully, we’ll recruit well in the summer. It doesn’t mean we’re not unambitious.

You’d be disappointed if Pardew didn’t have a go at the players after spurs. What about after Sunderland and the shake up promised? And what about some passion from Pardew from the line? It’s too late for that after the game has finished. I really don’t know why you’ve got such confidence in him and why you direct your criticism at mikey.

I tell you Pardew’s too scared of provoking an onfield backlash. That’s why he does nothing but stand like a dummy with his hands in pockets.

• daztoon

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Speaking of crap spouted non more so than TDS .

First he said it was the signing of Shearer that made him become a toon supporter but when asked again changed his story to being a fan of KK.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Daztoon

You’re either a liar or you’re stupidly rehashing other people’s lies. Either way, you’re an idiot.

I think I remember when and why I became a toon fan. It had nothing to do with Alan Shearer…

• daztoon

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Tds

Ain’t me who’s the liar son maybe you should try and remember what you’ve been spouting from time to time.

No bigger idiot than you,you’ve proved that countless times.

• veto

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Alan oliver , still poison .

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Daztoon

I don’t insult people lightly, but you’re obviously complete moron. I don’t know why I bother with this blog sometimes when there are people as stupid as you on here.

Kindly find a post proving that I said I started to support NUFC because they signed Shearer and I will send you a cheque in the post for £100.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Anyone use another blog on this club where you can actually block idiots?

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Veto

Yes. He’s full of crap and it’s Sunday. But some fools will still lap it up because they have nothing better to do.

• daztoon

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:26 AM

TDS

Listen dullard when I get the time I will find your post and yes I don’t know why you bother because your a full on bell end.

I will also look forward to the cheque,but do you remember which name it’s under

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Daztoon

Which name what is under? Are you fool enough to think that I post under different names? In which case, no wonder you think I’ve contradicted myself. Please engage brain before talking to your betters.

• daztoon

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:34 AM

TDS

Which name to sign yer cheque dohhhhhhhh.

Don’t worry if you went under another name on the blog you would stand out a mile.

That’s why I remember the first conversation during the summer and why I ask you again the other night.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Daztoon

You’re a child trying to catch me out. You idiot. This blog isn’t about trying to catch out other posters, it’s about this club! What a sad life you lead.

You remind me of my life in the playground at school. There was always some idiot who wanted to make up for their sad lonely life by making up nasty stories about others. It got to me until I grew big enough to put a stop to it.

Grow up.

• daztoon

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:49 AM

TDS

There is no one more childish than you.

Maybe you try and remember some of the bullshit you write and grow up yer self.

Like I said I’ll look it up when I get some spare time ,so get yer cheque book ready.

If you want to look through yer self in the meantime it was in the summer.

Night night

• Thump

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:49 AM

@TDS: I use a script I wrote to block people. I’d like to say it improved the blog but only seeing one half of the whining gets a little bland.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Thump

It might be annoying to know that some people are free to say what they like about me without recourse but it would make it a lot better for me I think. How does this script work?

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Daztoon

Why would I look it up?! It’s my life, I think I know why I decided to support this football club!

• Thump

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:01 AM

@TDS: It’s done in JavaScript. It looks for the blacklisted names while the page is loading and then whites out the posts. I’ve been meaning to make it so that you can still see the posts by hovering over them but I’m not entirely sure that’s a good idea. I mean, it kind of defeats the purpose… I think, anyway.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:04 AM

I’d just like to see a filtered list of people on here who talk some sense and block people like this tool. Let him spread his lies but I don’t want to see it because I know I’ll feel compelled to respond. Can I find info about this script online?

• ilovetoon8788

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:07 AM

You can see it by the body language of our players.

It’s playing for the sake of being on the pitch. It’s very very clear that there is dressing room unrest and alot of unhappy players there who have no interest in playing for us anymore.

One of them is Santon and the other Tim Krul. These 2 are playing like they already have another club lined up in the summer and can’t be arsed.

• ilovetoon8788

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:11 AM

If pardew has lost the dressing room, it’s best for him to go at the end of the season. He has to if he has lost it with the players.

• JackButler

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Of course there’s going to be unrest in the dressing room when the like’s of Cabaye are sold and not replaced. He was a massive part of the dressing room and a major influence with all the players at the club, so when they see him being sold on and not replaced they are all going to ask question’s regarding the direction of the club.

so not such a stretch for the sunday tabloids to come up with that story, especially when you look at results and individual performances since he’s been sold

• Thump

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:17 AM

@TDS: I wrote it out of boredom one day. I’ll see if I can dig it out and throw it your way at some point. Right now, my pillow is calling!

• beermonkey

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:17 AM

its a strange old time at the toon

cant see pards being sacked
    cant see ash selling up

3 of the next 4 games are winnable
    remys back, dunno when tiote is back, any1?

villa next then there more than capable of scoring 4 but also could just as easily let 6 in

will pards drop santon

will benny and of marv make the bench given that he more or less blamed them( I shake my head at that as I typed that) how you can blame 2 players that get 20 mins is beyond me

will young Sammy keep his spot

7days and all will be revealed

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Thanks Thump. Mine too. Nite!

• catchy in norway

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Congratulations Alan Pardew. You are setting new records. Let`s have a look at some.

Perhaps the most reported stat will be that this was the first since 1924 that Newcastle have lost 3 consecutive matches against the Mackems. Back in those days, team choices were made by a selection committee so Alan Pardew becomes the first Newcastle manager to be able to boast such a record.

The 3 goal defeat makes this the joint highest losing margin at home against the local rivals since December 1908, a mere 105 years. The previous manager to suffer a 3 goal home defeat was the renowned Bill McGarry back in 1979, following on from Joe Harvey in 1966. Pardew is the first Newcastle manager to achieve the feat twice in a row.

However, having been top of the table after later beating the Mackems on new year`s day in 1980, to be top of the 2nd Division, McGarry went on to achieve 2 wins in 20 matches. Pardew seems to be chasing a similar cult status, his team failing to score in 5 of the last 6 league games.

Sunderland have of course scored 3 or more at St James` in consecutive competitive matches. The last time spanned the First World War, resulting in a 2-5 and 2-3 defeats in 1914 and 1919 respectively, again under the selection committee. Pardew can seek some solace in that a Newcastle manager has lost consecutive home games, Andy Cunningham in 1932 and 1933. Cunningham did get an away win at Roker Park as well as an FA Cup victory in between.

It will not be forgotten that the home streak at the end of last season, including the Mackem match, was the worst in our history without scoring a goal.

Pardew`s total record in North East derbies is not all bad however. Since Chris Hughton`s 5-1, Pardew has P7 W1 D3 L3, the solitary win courtesy of Ryan Taylor over the wall.

This weekend`s tale contrasted 2 managers, one who has 14 years experience and one who is a relative newcomer, Pardew having gifted Poyet his first Premier League win at the Stadium of Light. The Sunderland double, their first over us since 1967, has given them enough points to be clear of the relegation zone.

Pardew`s record against Poyet as a manager reads P6 W0 D1 L5. Of course, it should be remembered that 2 of those were in cup ties, competitions that Sunderland have used to progress to Wembley this season whilst Pardew avoids fixture congestion. It will not be forgotten that his FA Cup record is 1 win and 4 defeats.

That brings us to Pardew`s landmarks in the Premier League.

It is well known that he took West Ham to a 9th place finish in the Premier League in his first season, going 4 places better in his first full season at St James` Park. What he will easily forget is that he was sacked from West Ham in a relegation position as well as taking Charlton down.

This home defeat means that his record at Newcastle now reads failing to win 52.5% of his home league games at St James` Park. It is noted, however, that his current boss, Joe Kinnear, failed to win around 70% of his home games in charge of Newcastle.

His overall win ratio with us places him alongside Jim Smith, a little ahead of the other current English great, Sam Allardyce and marginally behind title winner with Liverpool and Blackburn the man who took us to two FA Cup finals, Kenny Dalglish.

It is not all doom and gloom, his employer no doubt delighted at what has happened to the balance sheet over the last few years. Despite his promises that Andy Carroll was going nowhere, not at any price, not in the January transfer window, the springboard was launched to invest in the club.

The manager who, at his opening press conference, praised his own qualities of being able to persuade club owners to part with cash and his own determination to bang on doors. He clearly holds sway over his Director of Football, whose words allegedly attributed to him, reinforced that no players would be sold in the window just closed.

What we can see is that in Alan`s time at the top of the club, a transfer surplus has been generated in the order of £30,000,000.

If, like most other Premier League managers, Pardew is on a percentage of profits made on players, he will be celebrating his records in style, making the most of a very fat wallet.

• beermonkey

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:30 AM

ll that catchy and he still wont get the sack

the only thing that might get him the sack is a player revolt
    we don’t have the players with the power of lamps and terry, gigs and Ferdinand that could in theory goto to the owner
    can you imagine shola ringing up Ashley
    cant believe we aint replacing the coach that slapped streete we aint got that many coachs not that they seem to do a lot

• Greebol1892

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Biggest gripe concerning recent results: benching Yanga M’Biwa after some solid performances and a run of clean sheets. Now Taylor is ahead of him and we are shipping goals for fun AND PARDEW WON’T CHANGE IT!
    Saying that, Villa game is definitely winnable. We have missed Tiote & Gouffran.