Newcastle Summer Exodus Led By Mathieu Debuchy?

If we look at who are the best players left at Newcastle after Loic Remy leaves the club this summer, most fans would probably say Mathieu Debuchy is our best player, and certainly he has had an outstanding first full season on Tyneside, and has quickly become a better player.

.Mathieu Debuchy Crystal+Palace+v+Newcastle+CfkdN6o-m9Fl

Mathieu Debuchy – leaving Newcastle this summer?

But there’s some bad news today for Newcastle fans (what more bad news?), in that Debuchy seems unsure of where he will be next season, and he has already been linked with a move to European Champions Bayern Munich recently.

And we cannot think it helped last month, that his best friend Yohan Cabaye, who had persuaded him to move to Newcastle during the European Championships almost two years ago, was sold for £20M to PSG.

It will not have gone unnoticed by Mathieu that Newcastle seem to lack ambition.

Mathieu has been speaking to the French media today, and he was invariably asked if a move to PSG to join his friend Yohan would interest him, and then about Yohan’s move to the Paris club last month:

“PSG? I am here at Newcastle until the end of the season and for next year, I do not know.”

“This is a great loss for us so obviously I was sad but I cam happy for him because PSG is a great club.”

“I had the opportunity to talk a little with Yohan Cabaye and it is clear he is really happy there.”

Mathieu has a five and a half year contract that lasts through the summer of 2018 at Newcastle – so that response  does not fill us with great confidence that he will still be at Newcastle come September.

It was a really dumb move by Newcastle to sell Cabaye last month – and it only sent a very clear message to the players (and fans) that Newcastle lack ambition – so the best players at Newcastle will now be looking to leave in the summer.

It seems that Loic Remy and Mathieu Debuchy will be two of them that will leave Newcastle for bigger and more ambitious clubs in the summer.

And don’t think that Yohan is not telling his best pal how great things are at PSG, and that playing in the Champions League is terrific. 🙁

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

• Big Pappa Cissé

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Debuchy would be a great buy for PSG and I wouldn’t blame him for wanting to leave at the moment .

• G

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Are people still overlooking the fact that Cabaye could have walked for 2.5M at the end of the season, so getting 20M now, however disastrous a move for the current season, is a sensible move by the club. Not having a replacement on the other hand, is a major b**lock drop.

• toonluvva

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM

We will lose a lot of important players in the summer transfer window.

A$h£€¥ will always look at the bottom line financially, namely have we made a profit on the players sold.

He would, in my opinion, sell every single player in the summer if the price was right.

He lacks, and is careful to avoid appointing, anyone with a knowledge of football who would warn him of the damage hi attitude is doing to the club.

• naptoon

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:44 PM

G that was never going to happen don’t believe the newspaper bull. If you can name 5 players ever who have invoked that rule you get a gold star

• lesh

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Between Ashley and Kinnear, they’ve caused more upset and dissent than than at the tine we were relegated. Coincidental that Kinnear was with us during that season too.

Just to think that apart from having Wise and Jimenez to advise him at the time (and possibly Joe The Orange Tree drunk) to advise him, sacking Keegan was when the mayhem that is, first kicked off. We’ve never recovers from that.

If Ashley was an employee of an owner, he’d probably have been sacked but as he’s the owner………. What a f%£)g mess!

• jimmysmith

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Even though Pards does come out with some drivel in his all too frequent press conferences, for which I have some sympathy, considering the number of times he’s asked to front up, as well as the sheer banality and leading nature of the questions he’s asked, he does seem to tell the truth, generally speaking.

His latest, and paraphrasing, “I’ve already built two sides here and it looks like I’m going to have build another”

He’s had a wrongheaded self serving owner, some dud footballers and others who’ve flattered to deceive, a comical DOF, players wanting to leave, an untimely foray into Europe, at times horrendous runs with injuries, players winding down their contracts and now for the third time in his 3 years he is rebuilding another side.

I’m sure he has his failings and limitations but he’s likely been outstanding overall and all things considered as manager of NUFC as far as I can tell.

Players come for the manager and for the money, Pardew needs to backed properly first if he’s to be fairly judged.

• Tsunki

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Debuchy, Krul. . . this is old news for me as I have been saying for a while that any player who is any good will take a look around and see that they have earned their PL badge, time to get the hell outta Dodge, and the shoppers will be queuing up to buy them, just like Cabaye.

Yes, we may well go a-bargain hunting again but we wont bbe buying ‘replacements’ or like-for-like, oh no. £20m in means a raw, rough at the edges junior for £3-6m to step up to the plate. If Ashleys wonder influx from the new improved rootin’ tootin’ academy dont come in first.

NUFC – Player Farm with mediocre intent and a healthy ledger.

• jimmysmith

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Added to that he’s had his best player sold and not replaced, on 3 separate occasions. You could go on all night.

• Tsunki

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Jimmy – I am willing to give any poor sap like Pards some slack but you actually credited him with the word ‘outstanding’?

Shut the front door! 🙂

• Tsunki

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

I dont recall slating Pardew for his spin, it’s part of his remit and I doubt he likes it one little bit himself. But many of the situations you describe happens at other clubs to other pporr unfortunate well-paid managers and they get on with it and dare I say it, invariably get sacked for not getting on with it in very short order.

Lets not forget he organises one of the most fickle teams the PL has seen in a while, and has garnered several terrible club records in one sitting. I am amazed he hasnt gone as a scapegoat for Scheming Mike already.

• jimmysmith

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Likely been, I think I said. I don’t actually know how you could judge him harshly under the circumstances, but yeah, ok, outstanding might not hold water, but Jesus, what a shit sandwich he’s been given.

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Not suprised at this tbh

• Tsunki

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Whoa! Aunty Nora! Its never safe is it?

😀

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Hey princess

• Tsunki

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Jimmy fair enough poor deal but admittedly for a pretty poor manager. Its a two edged sword, I think the whole panto is set up badly, top to bottom.

Oh no it isnt!
    Oh yes etc..

• Thump

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

That’s one hell of a headline, Ed. I happen to know the Daily Mail is hiring at the moment.

• Tsunki

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

You just finished reading through my volumes of twitterton-by-the-sea ramblings then Belfast? No wonder you are late coming in. 🙂

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Remember at the end of gladiators when they do the eliminator ?

I want to see Ashley do the eliminator over and over again.

It’s all part of my plan to get rid.

• jimmysmith

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM

When I say “you” I always mean in the general sense.

• blew

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:39 PM

G @ 2
    Taking £20M was a sensible move?
    I would agree if it had been re-invested,
    but it was not.
    Nor will the cash see the light of day in
    terms of investment. Our Leader is disinterested.
    The £20M was a sensible move for Mr Ashley.
    I fear a lot of players will want to quit in summer.
    Who can blame them.

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Yeah Skunki

I’m one of your many followers, me and two other fools.

• GeordieTwo

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Does anybody else find Markaccus’s fascination with moth testicles puzzling? Is it common in his part of the Toon? Is this going to lead to budgie neglect again? Where is that man’s focus these days? I mean really.

• thejokethatisnufc

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM

s

• GeordieTwo

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM

blew @20 please don’t say G@2 because I am G2 and I will find that very confusing. Please say hey G you knob end when referring to G from now on. I have spoken with him about this and he understands completely. Regards G2.

• JackButler

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Debuchy will be one of many on his way come the summer as unlike our owner these players do have ambition

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Wouldn’t actually suprise me if he went to Psg tbh

Their right back hasn’t looked that great any time I’ve seen them

• GeordieTwo

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Tsunki has been very confused lately Belfast mate. Please excuse him. He has been sniffing moth balls along with Markaccus and it has disoriented him. I’m trying to reach out to both of them but they have little focus right now. Quite a sad situation. 🙁

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Aye geordietwo is the sexist one

• GeordieTwo

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Just kidding G. I know you would actually prefer to be called G1. I’m not surprised. It’s got a wonderful sound to it. Not as good as G2 but still.

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Makes a change from drinking his own pee through his eyeball geordietwo

• thejokethatisnufc

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Ed as much i love you and appreciate the time you put into this blog you have to realise Kebab did not want to be here i mean we could of lost him in the summer for 3.5m or less you have to start being logical at the end of the day this is an amazing club he made it very clear he didnt want to be here we should be hunting down JFK he knew there was a chance of losing Kebab and did fuck all about it. As for players like BA we do not want him back here atleast i dont let him flourish at the “bigger club” players like that are so disrespectful f him no loyalty

• GeordieTwo

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Doh!!!! Please don’t say that Belfast mate. I’m still quite sensitive on the subject. I prefer to think of myself as manly but in a very woman friendly way. I have a sensitive side as I’ve already mentioned. I listen to Barry Manilow, I admire and respect Barbara Streisand, and I would gladly give Bill Clinton a good telling off for Hilary. That’s what I’m talking about.

• thejokethatisnufc

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM

• mattnufc

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Can’t wait to see our back-up right back getting some game time…

• GeordieTwo

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Has he started doing that again Belfast? I thought he had turned the corner on that. Hmmm. It’s got to have something to do with jesper’s hallucinogenic pie filling I fear.

• Belfast

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Once a sexist always a sexist.

Hard to shift that tag once you’ve got it.

Of course this could all change, if you were to make a large donation to my paypal account.

You got paypal ?

• thejokethatisnufc

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:01 AM

• GeordieTwo

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:03 AM

I’m sorry I’m not receiving your signal well anymore Belfast. Something about going off to visit your pal? If it’s Tsunki don’t expect much intelligent conversation as he’s still got a case of mothball vapours.

• thejokethatisnufc

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:05 AM

this is an amazing club he made it very clear he didnt want to be here we should be hunting down JFK he knew there was a chance of losing Kebab and did f all about it..

• thejokethatisnufc