The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

I’m At A Great Club – Newcastle – And I’m Really Motivated

10:32 pm, Thursday, February 20th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 35 Comments

After Yohan Cabaye was only too quick to leave Newcastle last month when PSG came a calling and Loic Remy and maybe even Matthieu Debuchy will leave the club this summer, its nioce when one of out players says some really nice things about our club.

luuk de jong97

Luuk de Jong – nice things to say about Newcastle

And today in the Chronicle that’s exactly what Luuk de Jong has done.

You’ve got to give it to Newcastle that they didn’t waver at all,  after Luuk had such a terrible time of things in Germany and they signed up their former striker target on a loan deal last month.

And it seems Luuk is really pleased about being at Newcastle:

“It’s a club that really wants me. It’s a great club in England and the Premier League is a massive competition.” “I’m already enjoying my time here. I have a good feeling about it. Newcastle have been after me for a few years now, from when I was at FC Twente, and that gives me a good feeling.

“I’m really happy to get this opportunity to play.” “I’m really motivated. ”  “The first half of the season hasn’t been nice for me because I didn’t play much.” “I just want to show my talent, score goals and be successful again. That’s why I’m at Newcastle.”

“My goalscoring record in Holland was very good and hopefully I can show that here.” ” My first target is to play games for my club which is Newcastle now.” “I want to be on the pitch, score goals and be an important part of the team.”

Luuk needs to get some goals if he is going to get a permanent deal at the club in the summer, and maybe having Loic Remy back on Sunday will help, because we have to think that Alan Pardew will play in a 4-4-2 formation, especially with Cheick Tiote being back from injury.

Luuk seems a really nice guy (no – it’s not just because he’s said nice things about Newcastle – honest), and how about signing his 25 year-old brother Siem from Ajax in the summer.

siem de jong

Siem de Jong - currently at Ajax

Siem will have one year left on his contract in Holland, and could be brought in for a decent fee, as far as Newcastle are concerned, and the club could make it a family affair. :D

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Loan Moves · Luuk de Jong · Newcastle News · Premier League

35 responses so far ↓

• 1 croftus5678 // Feb 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM

you are aware that the debuchy interview was mis-interpreted arnt you?

what he actualy said whenasked about if he wouldbe joining cabaye at psg next season was “no its not the case” and some how the press have made up something else instead !

.<

• 2 welshgeordie9 // Feb 20, 2014 at 10:50 PM

What’s the score going to be at the weekend, I’ve got a funny feeling De jong just might score his first goal, well I bloody hope so.

1-0 i think.

• 3 firebug666 // Feb 20, 2014 at 10:50 PM

LGJ does need to score goal, that’s why he was brought in, but a striker is only ever going to be good if he gets the service. Shooting from long range is not giving the strikers device, and our ability in the final third is diabolical at best, no movement off the ball and most of the players just stand there waiting for the ball to come to them. Heartless display from players who AP has told, defend, defend, defend!

• 4 stuart no9 // Feb 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM

“I’m really happy to get this opportunity to play.” “I’m really motivated. “ “The first half of the season hasn’t been nice for me because I didn’t play much.” “I just want to show my talent, score goals and be successful again. That’s why I’m at Newcastle.”……… Really motivated ? Is that him saying that or has pardew TOLD him to say that bearing in mind the stick pards has got these last few weeks for his totally uninspiring performances .

• 5 welshgeordie9 // Feb 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

3firebug666

Do you think we can win , what do think the score is going to be

• 6 firebug666 // Feb 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

welsh… I think it’s a must win game but if Villa come at us from the start I fear we will struggle, if Tiote can get control of the midfield then we have a chance, but a lot with depend on how successful we are delivering the ball forward. If we play hoofball we have already lost.

• 7 p // Feb 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Well he was desparate so anything would be good for him, lets see how he feels if he scores a hatful of goal (unlikely though)

• 8 scout // Feb 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I reckon Ashley will be well pleased that we stayed up. You have to be really after spending nothing.
    Next season will be a big change, if Remy and dubuchy leaves along with colo and tiote or krul, there’s no chance we will get 40 points. It’s a real shame. I have a feeling well get a load of unknown Frenchman on the cheap.
    If the plan is to do it on a shoestring I’d prefer some lads from the lower leagues to be perfectly honest.

• 9 kt97toonarmy // Feb 20, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Welshgeordie

Newcastle score? Good joke

• 10 Mark // Feb 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Funny how we weren’t a great club when he chose Gladbach over us. Shouldn’t be signing him until he proves he can do the job. They can’t seriously sign a striker who can’t score for toffee because he’s grateful to actually play games instead of sitting on the bench in Germany.

• 11 scout // Feb 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Charlie Adam would be a good signing he’s a good ball player. We have the steel with tiote but need a goalscoring midfielder. Two pacey wingers would be welcome also. Hiadara should be in aswell

• 12 firebug666 // Feb 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I think we are capable of getting goal, and any other manager would set the team up to score. If only AP could see what we all see week in week out.

We have very good attacking players, but they have all be subdued by unrealistic defensive tactics.

HBA should not have to come back into defence, it’s not his style or strength, he need to attack from higher up the field so that he still has the energy he needs to take on their defence, but by the time he has run the length of the pitch he knackered.

• 13 jimmysmith // Feb 20, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Mark I also think Adam would be alright, that guy can rake a pass, play it neat and tight, and he also gets fuggen stuck right in. Pity about the weight though, but then again if he wasn’t a bit of a pie boy, he’d probably be out of our league. Maybe Faye Downey could whip him into shape.

• 14 jimmysmith // Feb 20, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Every time we set up to attack before we’ve gained the upper hand through graft and discipline, or when we’re chasing a game, we get undone in the middle of the park and caught out on the counter.

Benny and Marv lack the necessary work rate, discipline and defensive skills and were not good enough to carry them.

Isn’t that the opposite view and a pretty good one at that. Remy, Gouffran and Sissoko work hard and make good choices in defence and attack. I’d pick them week in week out too.

• 15 andyctoon // Feb 21, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Of course hes been nice. Weve gave him a second chance. Just hope he repays the faith

• 16 mindshaft // Feb 21, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Sadly Luke looks pretty average – if we change our style it might work but he’s def not shearer/Cole/Ferdinand/type of striker – more of a younger shola
    How much is he worth ???

• 17 Sir Erec // Feb 21, 2014 at 12:48 AM

mindshaft-

Should we want to, our agreement with Monchengladbach for Luuk is to sign him permanently for 8mil.

• 18 Shadow_Shearer // Feb 21, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Ldj will never be signed up permanently, the fat man will never spend 8 million on him, unless he can be sold for 15 million in the future. Better chance of signing his bro who could be worth big money in couple of years.

• 19 Shadow_Shearer // Feb 21, 2014 at 1:25 AM

To be fair to ldj, nobody has seen him playing while fully match fit or near his best. Not sure he will get the chance to show his true worth in the next 5 months.

• 20 Shadow_Shearer // Feb 21, 2014 at 1:27 AM

I think we have a better chance of signing Gomis for free in the summer than we have of signing luuk for 8 million.

• 21 Sir Erec // Feb 21, 2014 at 1:38 AM

shadow_shearer

I agree gomis is seemingly more realistic, purely due to the lack of a transfer fee

• 22 Jail for Ashley // Feb 21, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Where’s all this talk about Debuchy leaving he’s on a five and a half year contract and the fatman won’t sell for less than 12M until he’s nearing the end of his contract.

• 23 Blofal // Feb 21, 2014 at 3:02 AM

I think LDJ looks very good.

I’m impressed as he seems to be more of a team player… unlike Remy who will not pass the ball if he is within the slightest vicinity of goal.

Our problem for a while now is getting service to our strikers. Even Remy looks average when up there isolated.

We will sign LDJ. But will he want to sign for us?

• 24 Jail for Ashley // Feb 21, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Blofal,
    I’m not sure what the deal is with LDJ and his contract but unless he’s signed a contract that states he can’t go anywhere else the only chance we have of signing him is if he doesn’t make it, surely we can’t stop him from going elsewher, surely that would be illegal.

• 25 Blofal // Feb 21, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Jail

Yeh exactly.. or he can just demand exorbitant wages that he know we will reject.

Then again if we look like staying in the EPL he may stay and use us as a stepping stone… because lets face it thats all we are!

I want him though cos he is only 23…. he is only going to get better.

• 26 Jail for Ashley // Feb 21, 2014 at 4:17 AM

Blofal,
    Only time will tell, I have really lost interest, I’d like to see Armstrong given a chance as I really don’t care if we finish 8th or 17th anymore, but Pardew will want his top ten finish and fatty will want his place money so we’ll stick with the strikers that won’t be here next season, the games on a hlf nine over here and I certainly won’t be having a late night to watch it, where as I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

• 27 Jail for Ashley // Feb 21, 2014 at 4:18 AM

normally

• 28 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 21, 2014 at 5:53 AM

For some life at Newcastle might not be the stepping stone they thought!

Debuchy for instance could leave this summer and go places, but if he stays he might end up in a situation much like certain players this coming summer.

Cisse has dropped in value rapidly, Benny should have moved last summer for big money and Marv probably never should have signed for us. Tiote would be worth alot of money if he keeps up his performance, but if his form drops to that of last season no one would touch him.

Ask yourself why do many players either drop in form so much or worse just look like worse players than when we bought them. Is that just a coincidence? If is was one or two players then maybe. We are having like a pandemic!

• 29 ilovetoon8788 // Feb 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Luuk is just an average or below average mid table team striker. Suits us though as we are just that.

• 30 Assam Toon // Feb 21, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Just noted that the french word for “lost” is “perdu”. rhymes alarmingly with….?

• 31 Blofal // Feb 21, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Jail I’m in Australia. .. I have to get up at 2:30am to watch most of them!

• 32 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 21, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Really odd interview to come out. It is like the club are clutching at straws to put out sme good news. Fair enough if LDJ had done well in his opening few games, bagged a goal or two, but he hasn’t. I’m not sure about anyone else, but he looked as lost and disenchanted as everyone else towards the end of the spurs game. Chelsea he was feeding on scraps, and Sunderland, well couple of hits from distance, but mainly not in the game.

Not having a pop at LDJ here, but I’m not sure which PR person thought wheeling him out to the press would put out a better feel around the club.

• 33 martoon // Feb 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM

ilovetoon8788 – I can’t agree about De Jong – if you actually watch him at the match his movement and touches are pretty good just lacking the confidence in the final shot at the moment and also it is difficult to shine in a team that is getting beat all the time. I think we will be able to judge better in the Villa game with a strong team and playing alongside Remy.

• 34 Markaccus // Feb 21, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Martoon

Morning…. You are right it is too soon to judge ldj. He hardly kicked a ball for munchingballsack. I just hope Pardew plays an attacking team on sunday. We should be beating teams like villa at home.

• 35 Lee Dodd // Feb 21, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Sorry but Luuk De Jong is not looking as if he will be a Top premier league striker . Maybe for a Cardiff or someone . Nice Guy But Needs to step up maybe we will see with him and Remy on sunday .. Thing is in the summer as with no Remy No Shola probably no Cisse who have we ? Adam Campbell and Young Adam Armstrong…

previous post: If Only Mike Ashley Would Change The Way He Runs Newcastle