The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Furious Pardew Takes Tough Stance With Gutless Players

9:27 am, Saturday, February 22nd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 133 Comments

It;ls been well reported that Alan Pardew was very angry after the Tottenham game and Yoan Gouffran has said that’s the angriest he has ever seen the Newcastle manager, as the Londoner laid into some players in the dressing room and told some home truths and two of the players he slammed were Sylvain Marveaux and Ben Arfa.

Sylvain Marveaux West+Ham

Sylvain Marveaux – slammed by Pardew after Spurs shocker

Sylvain Marveaux has since been demoted to train with the U-18 squad so we can only assume he did not take the criticism from the manager well, and he will now be sold in the summer.

And it;s looking very likely that Ben Arfa will also be sold this summer, and will not be allowed to run down the last year of his contract, when he would become a free agent in the summer of nest year.

In his interviews over the last day Alan Pardew has said he is getting tougher with some of his players – make that those who didn’t seem to care too much against Tottenham, those without any guts or passions, when Newcastle were humiliated at home 4-0.

This is what Alan has said today:

“When I see certain performances, I can forgive and I always leave my door open for a player to come back.”

“I never really shut a door on any player I can think of. Maybe one or two. But if it gets to a stage where I feel it has crossed the line, then I will not be using that particular player as often as I previously would.”

“You have to change and your relationship does change with players because you give them faith and then you take it away by leaving them out of the team and you have to give credibility to that.”

“You cannot be the same all though their periods of form, down sides, up sides. You have to sometimes change to get a reaction.”  “That will be reflected in the team I pick for the next game.”

“Forget about any individual, the most important thing is the club and that performance against Spurs did not represent the club quite frankly. If I was shaking my head that is why. If I was a fan, I would be the same.”

It seems there will be a huge clear out of players this summer, which will mean we will need to bring ion a lot of new players.

Loic Remy, Shola Ameobi, Sylvain Marveaux, Jonas Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Dan Gosling, Gabby Obertan, Fab Coloccini, Davide Santon, Steven Taylor and Papiss Cisse could all be leaving Newcastle in the summer.

That’s 11 players we would need to replace – but look on the positive side – at least we will not have to rely on Joe Kinnear to bring in the new players over the summer.

But exactly who we will be relying on is not yet known since Joe Kinnear has yet to be replaced.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Aston Villa?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours

133 responses so far ↓

• 1 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Niafron,
    Why? The team doesn’t play in a way that benefits him, although we do play to highlight his ability. He don’t produce regularly enough to be carried through games and he will be sold in the summer.

I’d personally prefer that we looked to build something for next year by using players who are more likely to be here. Not great for this year, but hey, nor is the current first 11 judging by recent gems.

13Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Jesper,
    If it was the first time HBA had under performed at a club, then fair enough, but under performing and not producing enough from his undoubted talent is what he has been most consistent at in his career.

To take it to an extreme stat, Obertan has more goals and assists per minute played at Newcastle than HBA. Surely we should be starting him……

• 2 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Lilongwe…could you please apply that to the rest of our players?

…I don’t get this general slagging from some of you about Benny’s past performances at different clubs. I was there and I don’t remember that.

But if you want to talk about ability and underperforming or poor stats there are plenty of other players at the club I would love to discuss?

• 3 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Niafron,
    Every player is capable of that. HBA has more talent than most, but doesn’t use it well. It isn’t a managerial thing s it has been the same throughout his career. It is just his football brain doesn’t match his talent.

As for why people are so sure he will leave, I can’t speak for others, but I can explain why I think it is pretty much certain. He will have 1 year left on his contract. The club won’t want to lose him on a free. When in Newcastle, I have met him, and spoken to him, and judging by that, and his thoughts on Balon d’Or etc. he values himself at a much higher wage then what Newcastle would offer him as a squad player (which is all he is here). So, it makes sense for both parties to sell him.

• 4 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Ed…sadly someone should get tough on Pardew 😉

The club is not in a position to decide who runs down their contract or not! It is going to be a bittersweet experience to see where Newcastle goes from here – who will we blame when the usual suspects are gone;)

• 5 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Would be so much easier changing the manager with someone who fits the style of players we have, seem to scout and buys!

• 6 cyprus // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Huh? You NEVER shut the player except on may be one or two??? So that’s not never, right?

Ed,
    Perhaps your next post should read,

Furious Players Take Tough Stance With Gutless Pardew

• 7 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Jesper,
    And I would happily discuss them all, but people seem to place HBA on a pedestal when in reality, we have players who have done far more than he has for the team and club, but don’t get people as excited by running into dead ends or continually blazing the ball over the bar.

Given Remy, LFJ, Goofy and HBA, who starts? For me, it is Remy and Goofy playing off LDJ every time.

• 8 catchy in norway // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM

i very much care about HBA, he is a scape goat for AP,

he is the one player we have in our squad that our team should be built around,

in (what i think should be his natural position) right behind the forward or AMC, he would shine,

over the last week i have studied how pardew plays his game and why layers like HBA and marv will never fit in

the one thing that has been common in all of his seasons is the link up between a CF and MF, he prefers not to commit bodies to the 18Y box, he dont mind the odd runner from MF but he will not put someone there as a genuine link between them, he likes his strikers to drop deep,

he prefers to hold onto the ball in MF pass side ways and backwards,

in each of his 3 seasons here
    we shoot more than any other team outside the box, fact
    we shoot less than anyone inside the 18Y box , fact

i know people slate big sam, but the guy never hides the way he wants to play the game, pardew tries to have us all believe that he is a forward thinking manager, always on the front foot, and blames his players for everything going wrong,

i get sick of people coming on here and say we are passing the ball better, when then stats are the same for every season he has been here,

for every good 45 mins of football we play under pardew, i can point to 10 full games of poor but lucky in some way games we have played,

while i believe bigs sams football is poor, it is the same football that pardew plays, but sam has perfected it better with more average players,

i hope we lose tomorrow, its one step closer to the door for him

• 9 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Pardew has crossed the line himself with his record breaking bad results.

I wouldn’t even send him to the under 18s. He’ll wreck them as well.

Pardew is full of it. Did he send Jonas and Tiote to the under 18s last year when they played poorly? No, he kept them in the team!

It his Pardew’s clueless coaching and containing football which is ruining Hatem and Sylvain. It’s no wonder that they are the flair players in the team and we have a dinosaur football manager.

Yet he goes ahead and uses them as an example.

Marveaux was a get out of jail card for Pardew last year. We’d have been relegated without his assists.

• 10 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Cyprus…how I would love for that to happen?

• 11 cyprus // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Lil,
    Comparing Ober with HBA… You are joking I’m sure.

• 12 Hatem's better than Messi // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Jesper

We need a new owner.

Are there managers out there that come with their testicles already removed?
    Pardew is perfect for Ashley.

Heel boy.

• 13 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Catchy, in that Tottenham game, we counted 6 players attacking is either in the box or right on the edge.

When we break free we either have 1 and another following or a couple with a third starting to run.

There is no wonder why we don’t score many goals.

• 14 cbtoon82 // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM

We can’t replace one player. Never mind eleven. This summer will either make or break us. The way things are going I would bet in the later.

To me it still looks like Ashley is getting ready to sell up.

• 15 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:51 AM

It wasn’t 6 players everytime they attacked but it was a number of times, and a higher ratio when there were 5 and 4.

• 16 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Catchy,
    I assume that you also believe that his previous managers also are clueless? Or could it possibly be that HBA is the problem for his natural talent not flourishing as it should.

I don’t think anyone could deny that he has an incredible natural ability. But no club has got the best out of him. Looking back through his career, he has always been a squad player, never a top star.

• 17 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Cyprus,
    Tongue in cheek, but it is also an accurate stat. Just like Ober produced the most assists per minute played last season….

*I don’t want Ober to start, as i said when initially mentioning him I was taking it to the extreme…..

• 18 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Lilongwe…when I speak to people who are not Newcastle fans Benny is not the player who gets mentioned for our misfortune. Now I don’t think Benny is blameless but more often he get mentioned in a positive tone where I am from because he makes a difference. No other player beside Cabs and Benny really made s difference here. But then you come on here and everything is upside down!

Stats are being twisted, history is being changed and stories are bring told. Everything is so subjective and personal, but there is rarely any room for a different side of it.

We can have this discussion next season again I would love to hear your thoughts then I’ll put a reminder in my calendar.

• 19 geordieboy83 // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Catchy

Morning, in my opinion you can’t point the blame at Pardew for Ben Arfa or marveux. HBA gas struggled under far better managers than Pardew and he’s not quite good enough to warrant being given a free role to do as he pleases. People bang on about bobby and Keegan giving players licence to be free, but football has changed and evolved too much for passengers. The very best teams in the world every one if their players busts a bollock for the cause. I love HBA he gets me off my seat, but he’s infuriating beyond belief.

Marveux is just a lazy torag, to see him lose the ball and stand still had me spitting mad.

• 20 niafron // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM

@Lilongwe

You’re a pragmatic man. I’m a romantic. So i prefer HBA to Rémy. All about taste you know…

But to say “every palyer is capable of that…”.

Sorry, there’s maybe 2 or 3 players in the world who could score the same way he did against Blackburn.

• 21 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Harem…but he is not perfect for Newcastle or us fans.

If players can use us as a stepping stone and we being okay with it, there are probably managers like that as well 😉

I am not worried about that.

• 22 geordieboy83 // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM

With this shots outside the box thing I get what you’re saying but you’re the first one to complain if we don’t have any shots fella. Can’t have it all ways unfortunately

• 23 Hatem's better than Messi // Feb 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM

cbtoon82

It’s the perfect season for Ashley.

No possibility of relegation so no need to buy (again).
    Sell top player for a profit.
    No chance of winning a cup and getting into Europe.

Cover SJP in as much free SD advertising as possible.

Life at NUFC is perfect for Ashley.
    & everyone keeps turning up and paying him to watch the pantomime.

• 24 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Jesper,
    Only Cabs and Benny really made a difference here??? You realise that is a ludicrous statement?? HBA’s less than average goals and assists tally would argue with that. Erm Demba, Krul. Colo, Nolan, Enrique, Barton etc haven’t done much.

People like HBA because he is exciting and runs at people. But in his entire career he has always under performed. In the same way Catchy thinks people don’t watch the game and see Pardews tactics, people only remember HBA beating a man, they don’t remember him wasting it after…

• 25 John Tudor // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM

should be players take a tough stance on gutless manager

• 26 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Lilongwe…in a global world your assessment doesn’t represent alot of us living outside of the UK :)

…or been brought up outside the UK!

That is why I told you that story before – I think it is important to bear in mind.

• 27 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Niafron,
    Ha, pragmatic versus romantic? Behave. I’m a born and bred Newcastle fan, so I want what is best for Newcastle, as I’m sure you do. I want someone who does there job regularly, or failing that more often than cherry picking a moment from over 2 years ago….. I’m not denying his ability, I’m saying he doesn’t do it enough to justify the idolise and hero worship. All his previous managers appear to have thought the same given his lack of regular starting place at all clubs and internationally.

I loved Robert and Ginola, because they were more likely to give us something than HBA.

• 28 cyprus // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:12 AM

It’s true, actually. Most other teams’ fans are relieved when HBA is not on our team sheet. They don’t say, oh yes that guy can’t defend so it’s logical that he’s not on your team.

Most of the blame should go on the coaches because admittedly HBA has NOT progressed since he came… I’ll be upset when he goes (agreed Lil on that), but then again I’ll understand.

The team should have been built around him, I agree with a previous post. When he came on vs. spurs (like many times) there was a sense of panic in the opposition, but he tries to do too much in too little time, hence the silly runs.

Now:
    Of course, you may be right regarding football brains. So, give him a run of FULL ten games. We are playing for nothing (do you seriously think we’ll overcome ANY of our opponents?) so now is the ‘safe’ time to try things out. AP’s job is gone if he continues in this way anyways.

• 29 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Lilongwe…I don’t understand this argument about Benny having underperformed all his career!

…he has had run ins with his managers because of his attitude.

Niafron…care to elaborate? I watched alot of Lyon and OM in the past and cannot remember this.

• 30 cbtoon82 // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Hatem – I agree. But what happens in the summer? I personally think there is more than just a possibility of 11 players leaving. Either because we want rid or they want to leave (and I wouldn’t blame them). if that happens we won’t have a team. It will cost Ashley a lot of money to rebuild. I can’t see him doing that.

No one really knows Ashley’s plans or ambitions (or lack of) for the club.

It just seems odd to me that he wouldn’t want to win anything. And even more odd that he didn’t invest when we could have pushed for champions league this season. Man city and Chelsea will be the top 2 but the other two spots could be anyone’s.

Hence why I think he’s aiming to sell. He clearly has no interest in running a football club, especially ours. He has not invested at all this season bar two loan signings. He’s keeping Pardew even though our results and performances have been rubbish.
    To me it all paves the way for a new owner to come in with his own manager who will be able to rebuild how they see fit. And not to mention the financial side of the club is looking good.

I’m probably wrong, but it’s just my opinion.

• 31 jimmysmith // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:16 AM

How many managers have the gravitas to start making financial demands of owners and pull it off. Ferguson, Mourinho, Benitez got away with it at Liverpool for a while. Wouldn’t fancy even their chances with Ashley though. Not one bit, actually.

Keegan did it the first time round with Sir John Hall, but failed the second time round with the current owner. Isn’t that a major part of why it all went south. Can’t think of too many others in our sphere, at clubs of similar stature who’ve managed it. Oneil at Villa had his way for while, till it came crashing down around him.

This idea that Pardew hasn’t got the guts to stand up to his owner and successfully demand he start spending seems a little unrealistic to say the least. Ash is a tightarse, that’s it. Once bitten, twice shy.

• 32 davetoon // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Villa at home is a massive game for Pardew.

If we dont win this game, you know the reports will start to emerge that he’s lost the dressing room…

Thats usually the first step to the end

• 33 John Tudor // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM

he lost it @xmas

• 34 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Maybe I have to watch this game tomorrow after all!

…if not for kicks then just to see who Pardew will blame this time around when everything goes south 😉

Disclaimer: I don’t want NUFC to loose but this season was over a long time ago!

• 35 Rotonda heights // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:29 AM

davetoon

did that not happen a along time ago?

It’s a same pardew has no coaching ability to develop flair players, just blame them as scapegoats.

• 36 davetoon // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM

a lot of fans have been saying it but not journalists

when journalists start saying it, Ashley will be put in an untenable position

most journalists now are saying Ashley has spent a lot of money on Newcastle and he’s not a sheik so what is he sposed to do and also that Pardew hasnt been supported in the windows

• 37 ilovetoon8788 // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Pardew is out of his depth and the Calibre of players at his disposal are way beyond his coaching abilities. ALA west ham with Mascherano and Tevez.

He may do very well with a club like Cardiff or West Brom and keep them up year after year. Newcastle is too big for him.

He seem lost and clueless and is just ruining the team and will make all the top players leave. We need to bring in a top class manager to work with this group of international players before it’s too late.

Manager like the great Robson had average players consistently punching above their weight and made us one of the strongest team in Europe.

Pardew can make a international player look worse than league 2 standard.

• 38 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:37 AM

On Ben Arfa, he is a flair player so it’s not expected that every single game he is outstanding.

Ginola and Robert were both part of teams which attacked as a general philosophy, which also drags opposition players around the pitch and creates pockets and spaces to run into.

We don’t have that, so Hatem can run into dead ends from time to time.

The lad was a lot younger at his previous clubs as well remember. Naturally, his form may be a bit sporadic.

He is our door opener so to speak and regardless of Pardew often using him as a scapegoat, he has scored us goals and provided assists.

If he can do that with swamp for brains in charge, then he can definitely do more with an attack minded coach in charge.

Look at how he was playing when we played 433 with Cisse centre and Demba on the left. He was excellent. Only for Pardew to change the formation up.

Glimpses of Hatem in a game are far more exciting than watch Pardew instruct his team contain the opposition for 90 minutes by playing boring football and trying to nick a goal by a long shot, deflection, free kick or penalty. A process which is pointless in the actual enjoyment of playing football, unless it is the dying minutes of a game or a specific match where it is needed. They are few and far in between.

• 39 davetoon // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:41 AM

@ilovetoon have to agree about Pardew @ west ham. I guess unlike most who want Pardew gone straight away, I am a realist and am wary about who will replace him and how Ashley will not change his ways. We may get a bounce from a change in manager but will most likely be back here a year from now

I think ironically we will probably beat Villa cos players like Remy will be wanting to perform for so the bigger teams will take notice

• 40 John Tudor // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:42 AM

is van gaal wanting in

• 41 Phil K // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:42 AM

If we had an even 2nd rate manager, the players wouldn’t have been allowed such a couldn’t care less approach. But we haven’t. Pardew is THIRD rate at best

• 42 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Jesper,
    Given I haven’t lived in the Uk for a while, and I have travelled and spent a lot of time all over the globe(a year in South East Asia, a year in New Zealand, 2 years in South America, and 3 in Africa as well as having worked in France, Sweden, Germany, Portugal thanks to my former employers) I’d say I’m a fairly balanced global bloke….

It could also be said that it doesn’t represent the view of people that haven’t worked in and with professional footballers, but I have, so does that mean that my view represents all people in pro football? Of course not (although no manager has ever had him as a regular first 11 member). Nationality has zip to do with it, as I have also told you before… 😉

• 43 beddersmag // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM

robert @9

what are you going on about? the obvious difference is that tiote and jonas try.

pardew has not ruined marveux and hba. I didnt see them pulling up any trees before they came here. He tried to improve the flaw in both their games- workrate. They didnt take to it (HBA improved somewhat). That tells me they are not serious about becoming top players. Fergie, Mourinhio etc would all expect the same.

If people stuck to criticising Pardew for things he has actually done wrong then others might give those opinions more credence.

• 44 firebug666 // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Benny would work a lot better for us if we had more movement up front and committed more player in attack to pull their defence about and create gaps that the likes of HBA could exploit.

When we are attacking we have one or two players who get to the 18yd line and then just stand still waiting for the ball, so it’s easy for three or four player from their defence to gang up on Ben Arfa. If Benny then tries to pass the ball (Rarely) none of our other players have any movement therefore the ball is given away.

Our attacking tactics just do not work, we have never stretched a defence all season, and had to rely on one or two players breaking through, or long shots. Even Messi would look like Benny in our team.

• 45 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:45 AM

It’s sad when a talent like Hatem’s isn’t really tried to be absolutely maximised and is just tossed aside because he doesn’t work hard enough or doesn’t make the right decisions.

Every single game players make mistakes, lose the ball, get tackled, make a bad pass etc. Even Messi. I watch Barca most weeks.

It is just highlighted more now, because he is in a team which isn’t geared to attacking and creating. There is no tactics for passing and moving in the final third. I can see that as can others. So what does Hatem have left to do?

His talent should be constantly cared for and nurtured, not made a scapegoat out of.

• 46 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Jesper,
    Look at his career stats, then compare to the ability you think he has, if it doesn’t equal under performing, then you obviously don’t think he is very good!!!

• 47 Offkey // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Are you a NUFC supporter?
    Are you suffering NUFC apathy?

If so, call Mike Ashley.

• 48 Spreadthetoon // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:48 AM

We lack creativity and do not score many goals. So AP is going to sell our most creative players in Marveaux n HBA. We’ll if that happens then AP is a complete tool.

• 49 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Bedders, you can work hard all game but if you don’t have a final product the game is wasted.

Tiote and Jonas were awful yet still played. Because they work hard? Ridiculous. They lost possession all over, jonas had zero assists. It’s unacceptable, yet Pardew still played them.

Yes players should work hard, of course they should, but fill them with players with no product and you will be relegated.

• 50 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Pardew is a bully. He’s got a thing with Marveaux and Ben Arfa. I thought Marveaux was our best player when he came on last week. He didn’t missplace one pass.

• 51 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I am still hoping for a change of management in the summer!

…that would be a bit start for me and a change to start fresh! Would be perfect with all the players leaving. Pardew has already peeked here so the only way is down hill from now on :(

• 52 Marty-Toon // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Tiote will make a big difference tomorrow but will Pards go with 2 up front or have the extra man in midfield?
    De Jong and Remy would be nice to see together but our midfield could get overrun if we don’t have enough in there.
    Decisions decisions decisions.

Ben Arfa is for me very frustration but I think of Pards had used him as Liverpool use Coutinho then I think he would be a better player for us.
    Think he makes poor decisions as a player but through the middle may have been better where he can go left or right past a player.
    We would’ve needed a good midfield around him though

• 53 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Bedders, you’re putting faith in a manager who has a career long poor record and still goes on to break awful records right now.

If we had a good manager in charge and they still couldn’t be bothered then I’d be more inclined to pick their faults. However, not when Alan Pardew is managing them and bases his team round containing not attacking. Marveaux and Hatem are the by-products of an awful footballing system.

• 54 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Lilongwe…all I can say is I use to watch alot of Lyon and OM and I don’t get what you guys are getting at!

.,.it is like you are just drawing conclusions based on stat sites or hear say?

• 55 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM

How on earth anyone can blame bit players like Benny and Marv for the spurs game is beyond me!

…I am still speechless!

• 56 kt97toonarmy // Feb 22, 2014 at 10:58 AM

No pardew, if u were a fan like all of us u would hate ashley nd want him out!

Besides ashley wont sack pardew. Hes still got 6 or 7 years on his contract the compensation would b quite high. So pardew should challange ashley a bit. But i guess thats why hes here aint it. The yes man that ashley wants. This is my team for tomorrow

—————–krul——————
    Debuchy—–willo—–colo—mbiwa

Sissoko—–tiote—–anita—–sammy/ marvaux

———-remy————de jong———–

• 57 firebug666 // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM

AP just uses Benny & Marv to deflect criticism from his own ineptitude. as for Obertan, in the season we finished 5th he played right wing for us, and everyone was raving about him. Benny came back and Obertan was dropped never to recover.

This is how AP develops player, sitting them on the bench or in the reserves then expecting a last ten minute miracle from them when subbed on.

• 58 kt97toonarmy // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Firebug666

I think in that season the only game he played class was the stoke game 3-1 to us. Ba scored 3 at britania stadium but accept from that. Quite average. Butmu could say average is better than ben arfa 9/10 of the time

• 59 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Firebug, good posts. I agree.

• 60 Marty-Toon // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Kets
    If you thought he didn’t misplace any passes then you seen another game than I did.
    Oh that’s right he didn’t get on the ball or bother to so that he could misplace a pass.
    Disgrace

• 61 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:25 AM

I agree with most of you that Pardew,s day as our trainer are numbered but i don,t see who is going to want to come and Manage us with Ashley as the owner?

There are many candidates, who may want the job but not under Fat Ashes terms! If we lose tomorrow, who will get the blame tomorrow evening? Not Pardew himself i bet?

• 62 geordieboy83 // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I draw the line at somebody defending obertan to slate Pardew lol I’ve heard it all. If we had a top class manager and hba and marv were playing like they are now, you wouldn’t hesitate to criticise them both. Stop the pity party for them. You can’t defend shite to criticise another lump of shite

• 63 Slank // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Marveaux (especialy) and Ben Arfa should look at Barcelona and see how the many extremely gifted players work extremely hard to hound the opposition and stop them playing and get the ball back to launch another.

They don’t stand around and shrug their shoulders. They work all the time with or without the ball in attack or in defence.

• 64 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Jesper,
    I agree, you can’t blame those players for the pure match. I’ll stick up for HBA there!!

I use to watch both as well, but also using stats, he played 127 games in Ligue 1, he was started in 82 of those games and was substituted in 60 of those (came on in 45). Hardly an influential and important player based on that….

• 65 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Jesper @ 51 :

Who would want to come and manage us with Ashley in charge?

Can think of many who would fancy the job but would be put off by tight arsed Fat Ash ! I think we are stuck with Pards ?

• 66 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM

pure should read Spurs, stupid autocorrect.

• 67 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Am i blocked or summit?

• 68 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I,ll try again?

Who would want to come and manage Newcastle with the present owner not willing to re-invest in the club after selling players we have and not replacing them?

• 69 niafron // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Sorry to be long in my answer lads, i’m at work (yes, in France, we do talk on the net at work!).

Well, in fact, HBA got a decent record, but the problem was it doesn’t match high expectations people got about him.

He was suposed to be a top player for Madrid or Milan and to lead The french national through glorious campaigns.

• 70 Slank // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Kets @ 50

All good managers have to be bullies at some point with some players.

Love doesn’t always work.

• 71 noladonna // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM

i hope we win tomorrow well even a goal would be nice, pardew does my head in, hate how he just stands on the sideline’s twiddling his thumbs everytime some teams just running a mock at st james, clueless,gutless worthless piece of s**t, just once i’d love the fans to sing pardew out imagine his face cause in my mind pardew thinks he’s liked and respected by the toon army jog on percy you tit

• 72 Slank // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Next @ 60

Probably all managers.

• 73 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Slank @ 62:

Barcelona have a decent trainer who knows how to get the best out of his players, can,t really make comparisons there?

• 74 Mattroge // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:38 AM

The people on here that continually champion HBA & Marveaux are laughable. HBA has flattered to deceive his entire career & played under much more gifted managers than Pardew so it’s obvious that he isn’t the problem.

Marveaux has been good at times when coming off the bench & has created chances for Cisse but as a starter he has failed to impress. I see him as an impact substitute & nothing more.

• 75 Mattroge // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Oh & btw I’m not Pardew’s biggest fan either but just find it confusing that people are blaming him for HBA & Marveaux’s shortcomings.

• 76 John Tudor // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM

pardew sees them as fall guys

• 77 John Tudor // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM

ashley stays pardew stays we are doomed to oblivion

• 78 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Unfortunately i have to agree with John Tudor and his last two posts !

Will still be supporting the club though as will most on here!

As to the immediate future and the rest of the season?

We,r Fekked………………….!

• 79 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Mattroge, how is it laughable? They play (when they play) in a team which is based around doing exactly what they aren’t good at. Containing.

It’s deflating for me watching what Pardew is serving up, to be a flair player sitting back defending with little to no clue of teammate cohesion in the final third must be soul destroying for them as a player.

In a failed system, players will look out of sorts and poor. That is where we are under Pardew. Patches of decent football in the middle third shouldn’t be the glue which keeps the ‘Unsackable One’ in a job.

• 80 Slank // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Next @ 71

I disagree. It’s down to the players not the manager / trainer.

No manager says ‘after you have lost the ball just standaround until it comes back to you’.

• 81 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM

If HBA was nearly as good as people make out then
    A) why did Lyon let him go on loan
    B) why the hell did only a recently promoted club go in for him, you’d think all the big clubs would be lining up for the lad……..

• 82 Slank // Feb 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM

TDS @ 79

Also, why isn’t he selected for France?

• 83 Ciaran // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM

HBA hasn’t been ‘Pardewed’ nor has Marveaux. The reality is that neither works hard enough, nor do they provide enough offensively.

It doesn’t matter what tactics you play – talented attacking players can still impose themselves on a game. HBA and Marv can’t do this consistently enough.

That is not Pardew’s fault. They are both just not good enough. The same can be said for a lot of players in our squad but it would appear that many have somewhat unrealistic expectations of what HBA and Marv can do.

Yes, HBA scored a couple of fantastic goals in his 3 years at our club, but that’s it!

He has never done it consistently for any club he has played for. He’s 26. About time he steps up and takes ownership for his own shortcomings.

• 84 Slank // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Ciaran

Well said and very true.

• 85 geordieboy83 // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Ciaran

Completely agree mate. That being said hba dies fill me with blind hope still lol

• 86 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Lilongwe…no need to worry I read Spurs 😉 lol

• 87 wolfshead@toon // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:09 PM

shola wont be leaving in the summer he is going to use his jedi mind trick to play till hes 40 then become the manager

• 88 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Slank…every single player a great at Barcelona and they are setup to play to their strength!

…hardly the situation here 😉

• 89 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Ruddy…that would hold much more credibility if neither of them had ever shined for us and most other players were setting the league a light!

…but they are not!

What you are describing their mate is what’s called a subjective opinion…a valid opinion, but subjective.

If you want to impose on me and make we rethink me stance you’ll have to raise the bar alot more mate 😉

• 90 wolfshead@toon // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:15 PM

ciaran

what a lot of nonsense this site does not support reality only half baked ideas consipiracy theorys and homespun philosophy are acceptable son 😉

• 91 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:15 PM

*there

• 92 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Slank, why is it when Ferguson goes and Moyes comes in, Man Utd don’t do as well? Is that the players or it is the manager?

Why is it when Sir Bobby comes in and plays the game a different way, players reached new levels for us?

Coaching and management.

Hatem isn’t in the very top band of players. But the players below them cannot just be disregarded either.

Hatem has got goals and assists for us but has been dropped constantly, injured, scapegoated. He has done that under an average at very best manager who has no clue about attacking football.

His stats would improve more as would his performances in a team which is geared round playing open and attacking football.

Would he be mega poor under a Martinez? I doubt it very much.

Look how much Adam Johnson has improved under Poyet. He wants to promote positive football.

• 93 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Ciaran
    Spot on, you look at his career, the players he’s played along side, the managers he’s worked under etc
    Then listen to those players and coaches there are 3 points that come up time and time again

Effort Consistency Maturity

Those are things only he can fix himself

For me you Slank and Lilo have it spot on in regards to the lad

• 94 hibbit // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:18 PM

39500 fans turning up on sunday paid for there tickets last year ash has had the money 12 months av took 2500 tickets

• 95 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:18 PM

People isn’t it enough for you that you don’t rate Benny and never will?

…why the need to drag us down with you? We are comfortable the way we are! We appreciate Benny and disprove of Pardew and what’s going on a Newcastle!

Clash of football cultures here and a very different take on history when it comes to Benny 😉

• 96 Ciaran // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Jesper

Nothing is being imposed. Most opinions are either heavily subjective or tinged with subjectivity to some degree as it is very difficult to be very objective. For example, there is no uniform objective view on what makes a top footballer, so my subjective approach as to how football should be played effects my opinion of Marv and HBA, likewise yours does too.

None of our players are setting the league alight, however, players like Cabaye, Remy, Debuchy and Gouffran have proven that they can play at a very high standard under Pardew – am I to believe that the reason HBA and Marv cannot attain that standard is because they are even more offensively gifted than these players and it is the fault of our manager for not unlocking that ability?

I don’t buy that argument for a single second.

Gouffran has provided more for NUFC both offensively and defensively in just over 1 year than HBA has done in 3 years. How is that Pardew’s fault?

• 97 Slank // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Jesper,

One of the reasons why Barca are great, and there are many, is the work ethic. No matter how skilful you are the club requires that you work tirelessly to get the ball back from the opposition. You rarely, if ever, see a Barca forward stand around doing nothing.

• 98 Harley // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Catchy I didn’t understand your last post to me.
    You didn’t use any pointless stats to back it up.

Here’s some

Man U 48
    Wigan 32
    Bristol 12

Clearly I win the argument, there can be no question!!

• 99 jasper // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM

NewExpat

OED definition of leery: cautious or wary due to realistic suspicions.

E.g. I don’t trust him (Remy) an inch

• 100 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Ruddy…it would be much easier to answer that if we :

a) played a brand of football they complemented both

b) played them in their best position

c) gave them a long run in the team

• 101 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Slank…Barcelona is just at a different level on all aspects.

…much easier being a flair player in such a team.

• 102 Ciaran // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Jesper

Gouffran had been out of the team for weeks before he was brought back into the fold against Spurs. Granted, we were hammered 4-0 but Gouffran was easily our best player in that game, he grafted all game long, worked well with Debuchy and looked our only decent threat.

HBA came on and it was the same old same old. He’s talented Jesper, but hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

HBA and Marv are 2 of the laziest players we have in our squad, even more so than Santon. I cannot abide laziness and until HBA addresses this aspect of his game I don’t want him in our starting line-up.

• 103 Ciaran // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Jesper

Also, you do realise that Gouffran prefers to play centrally yet has rarely, if ever been given a chance to do so. HBA is a winder, and has nearly always played on the wing. So that argument holds even less water.

• 104 Ciaran // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:31 PM

*winger

• 105 Slank // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Laurent @ 90

The situation at ManU is complicated.

According to my Manc friend, the old manager quit and the fear he supposedly brought to the players went and they then ‘put their feet up and relaxed’. Also, the new manager got rid of the back room staff and brought in new tactics and new training staff which confused the situation further in a team many of whom had seen better days.

• 106 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM

HBA/Marvaeux stroll around the pitch doing very little, hands on hips and not working for the ball = Pardews fault

Shola stroll’s around the pitch doing very little, hands on hips and not working for the ball = He’s a sh1t player a disgrace and should never be allowed to wear the shirt again

• 107 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Ruddy…personally I would agree Gouf works hard, but I am not that amazed about him if we just discuss football 😉

…and Remy started great I agree, but he is very selfish and has really dropped in form to say it nicely.

• 108 catchy in norway // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:36 PM

lil

firstly sorry for the late reply, weekends is fix the house time, until its match time

i think maybe you have miss read a few things about HBA, the managers where happy with him the player, it was more about HBA the person they could not tame, his attitude towards others was the problem,

since he has been at NUFC he has been a model pro,

the problem is 100% pardew, and how he wants the game played, not many players thrive under pardews system,

another thing that is annoying me is now we are a poor team because of how many cheap french players we have, it has nothing to do with where they come from or how much a player costs, france are ranked 18th in world football, england are only 15th.
    williamson colo MYM Saylor santon 4 are/where international players, yet the only one looking good now is williamson, the rest have been pardewed
    slate saylor , but before pardew came, saylor used to score goals,

• 109 Ciaran // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Jesper

If you are going to criticise Remy for a drop in form, then surely you have to criticise HBA for only playing well for about 3 games this entire season. At least Remy has scored double figures.

Gouffran works hard, may not be the most exciting players, but I would rather my players actually achieve something than simply look good on the ball.

HBA, for all his flash, does absolutely nothing for the team, in fact he is often more hindrance than help as his own selfishness often leads to losing the ball which puts us under pressure.

I do not understand how you can praise HBA yet be critical of Remy and Gouffran, 2 players who have done much MUCH more than HBA has ever done for us.

Is it solely because HBA has more talent? If anything, the fact that HBA has more talent is a reason to criticise him, because he should be doing more for the team.

• 110 catchy in norway // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:39 PM

ciaran

are you sure you watched the same game as me

goofy wasted the 2 good opertunities he got into from the right, he ran, yes, his best oppertunity came from the left,

i dont want my RW or LW to just help defend , if that is what they are doing , then something is wrong,

• 111 Slank // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Jesper @ 99

Yes but it doesn’t mean that they haven’t got to work really hard.

Marveaux and Ben Arfa are good players but as Ciaran quite righty says they are just not consistent enough and in the Premier League teams cannot carry players who are not fully committed.

• 112 catchy in norway // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:42 PM

cia

i would love you to watch our last 10 games goofy played, and i can promise you, we conceded more goals because of goofy not covering than HBA does,

i like goofy, but he is not a winger, Remy is more suited to coming in from the left, infact, his goal scoring has dried up since he got moved up top

• 113 Ciaran // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Catchy

HBA came on and squandered possession a number of times, so yes I am willing to stand by my claim that he was our best attacking threat. Considering that our team was very poor on the day, Gouffran was the best of a bad bunch.

In the modern game, whether you like to admit it or not, wingers MUST defend. Look at the best players in world football, and they all put in defensive shifts for their teams as well as providing offensively.

To demand that from HBA and Marv is not asking anything of them that the modern game is not already demanding.

• 114 Ciaran // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Catchy

I’ve watched our games. I find it rather patronising that you feel the need to ‘educate’ me.

Gouffran’s defensive abilities vastly surpass HBA’s – and his goals/game ratio is also much better.

Why exactly do you want HBA to play given how he neither defends nor attacks as well as Gouffran?

• 115 John Tudor // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM

at the end of the day the people excusing ashley and pardew will loose as there is only so many excuses they can use

• 116 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Hahaha! When the player has crossed the line Pardew won’t be using him as often as he would! How tough are you, Alan?

The biggest lack of effort and commitment has come from Pardew. Let’s see if he can manage to take his hands out of his pockets tomorrow.

• 117 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Slank, my uncle was talking to a scout from Man Utd for a while and he too said Ferguson ruled by fear and bullying. That was before he retired. However, he also demanded attacking football at all times. Demanded it. We are the opposite.

If players are played to their maximum potential with philosophy and coaching and still don’t perform, then I will agree that the players must hold a lot more account for themselves.

That is not the case under Pardew and his containing and generally defensive football would kill the soul of most attacking players and make them look lost.

• 118 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Catchy,
    The problem isn’t Pardew (well not in this case anyway). Look at his appearances that I posted earlier. 127 games in Ligue 1, he was subbed off in 60 of those, and subbed on in 45. Hardly a key player anywhere.

• 119 niafron // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Well, first wasn’t Lyon, but Marseille who let HBA go on loan…

Lyon sold him to Marseille for 15 millions.

He went out of the club cause of a fight in the dressing room with Sebastien Squilaci and also (according ot the rumours) cause he and Karim Benzema courted the same girl.

Concerning Marseille, they finaly tried to keep him at the club, but he broke everything in the office of Chairman Jean claude Dassier and then went on strike.

So they finally accepted the (pretty cheap) Newcastle’s offer…

• 120 toonarmydownsouth // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Niafron
    So once again why did only NUFC go in for this supposedly world class player?

And that little back story right there, that’s exactly why he is where he at at this stage if his career to soley blame Pardew is ridiculous

• 121 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Ruddy…I just think on this subject we are like night and day mate!

• 122 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:28 PM

For the same reason why no one beside us went in for Cabs or Remy when he came here on loan and only QPR challenge us for him 6 month earlier.

• 123 beefman13 // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Gutless players Alan, yea without doubt, U as well come in to that category, blaming anyone but yourself, you set the teams up, blamed the youngins last season when the seniors produced more gutless displays then i care to remember, a man who blames others for his failings is one of the same, your a patsy and got nowt between your legs mister.

• 124 Zambiantoon // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I never comment on this but honestly pardew is born on another planet. He never starts HBA and when he does bring him on games are dead already. How can the boy get to his best when his playing 25mins or less game in and game out I mean we were already gone when HBA came on against spurs and because he couldn’t produce TWO monments of magic to make pardew look good he digs into him.he should of had a go at the guys he puts on the pitch from the word go all the time. He shouldn’t start blaming our best players and make them leave the club. Any club in the league will welcome HBA WITH OPEN ARMS

• 125 Iain Dowie // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:32 PM

How can Pardew be to blame for Ben Arfa being shite, i suppose its Pardew who tells him to receive the ball inside our own half then try and take on 8 players, lose the ball then doesn’t even bother trying to win the ball back. Im sorry but Ben Arfa is so over rated by our fans its embarrassing, the amount of times i’ve seen Ben Arfa and world class in the same sentence is an absolute joke! If he learnt to pass and get his head up rather than just cutting inside and hitting it into the side netting maybe he could be a decent player. Ben Arfa could have had many assists this season but he chose to shoot from difficult angles when weve had players in the box.

Marveux is not worth talking about, his attitude is terrible.

Take Gouffran for a prime example, he is a player who makes the most of his ability.

• 126 Zambiantoon // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:32 PM

And how can people criticise HBA for few goals assists etc when his ever on the bench no one can score from the bench

• 127 niafron // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM

@Lilongwe

His first (and last) true season with Lyon he was a starter the first 5 month.

At the Winter Breal, Lyon was ahead everyone with at least 10 points (maybe more, can’t remember).

He was also brilliant in CPL. He was benched for the dressing room problems i mentioned above and Lyon made a very quiet season end (they were champions but with a small margin and MU kicked them out easily of the cpl).

Then, his first season with Marseille, another astonishing 5 month, and he was benched again cause Gerrets didn’t like his work rate in training.

Marseille season’s end was far more difficult…

Then, his last season in France. Deschamps didn’t make him play the first sixth month cause he never considered him a serious player (he still doesn’t).
    But he was short of players. So he was forced to make him play 3 months as a starter.

Marseille was in the 3rd or 4th positions maybe 7 or 8 points behind the 1st of the chart, Bordeaux. After these 3 months, they took the lead with 5 or 6 points…

They were champion with the same margin but without HBA, cause Deschamps kept him on the bench for a very defensive tactic once Marseille was ahead.

During his time as a starter, was just incredible to watch him play.

So it was a direct relation between his performances and those of his teams.

And exactly the same thing happened with NUFC. Our best period under Pard, was our 7 win in a row during spring 2012. The best period of Beny as well…

• 128 Our Toon // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Lilongwe

Come on mate your distorting facts here. HBA was nothing more than a petulant child when he played in France, the reason he never made it at any club was because he constantly argued with coaches and would break cufews etc. absolutely nothing to do with his footballing ability. He got his move here by going on strike, the player has come out and said he made a lot of mistakes and has matured since being here, so you can’t compare his childish antics to the person he is now.

Fast foward to the spurs game, we have scored 1 goal in 6 games I think prior to the match, HBA has been tracking ppl when recently in the team but for some odd reason he’s dropped!!personally if I was in his position I’d have left a long time ago, we are losing 2-0 he brings on both Marv and HBA, the game is lost because these 2 are bench warming and creatively we have nothing going forward!! How can you blame 2 bench players who played 30 mins for a defeat of 4-0 over 90mins?

Pards keeps blaming blaming players of this ilk….just look at the Tevez affair at west ham, he blamed the signings of these £30m deal for disrupting his team!! Come next season when santon is playing CL in Italy or even Arsenal, HBA will be playing CL with PSG or someone similar…..I wonder who the next scapegoat will be!!

• 129 Zambiantoon // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM

@ourtoon you spot on bro

• 130 niafron // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM

@TADS

He had the reputation to be impossible to manage. Which was true, but it belong to past now, it isn’t the problem anymore.

• 131 mag // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM

What about the gutless management?

• 132 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Iain dowie

Its pardews job to tell him not to drop so deep. Anita comes to within 2 yards of the centre back to take the ball of him, dragging a player with him and putting us under pressure. These are things pardew doesn’t address. Its his job to spot these things and sort them out. Sir Bobby advised shearer how to play on the shoulder. Players benefit from the advice of a good manager.

• 133 Ketsbaia9 // Feb 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Pardew bullies the wrong players.

previous post: Newcastle’s Pathetic Form Doesn’t Justify Winter Break