We had an article out yesterday in which we suggested that Newcastle could lose at least eight players this summer, and maybe five more on top of that – so it looks like this summer’s transfer window will be very busy for Newcastle.
James Tavernier – playing well at Rotherham
In that article we talked about 21 year-old Mehdi Abeid, who is on a season long loan deal to Panathinaikos in Greece, and seemingly doing very well.
But we also have other younger players out on loan and some of those could leave in the summer, so for completeness we will consider what chances out younger players have of staying at Newcastle this summer.
- Conor Newton – 22 years old – on loan at St. Mirren – and contract runs out in the summer – likely to be let go this summer and will probably join the Scottish Premier club permanently
- Adam Campbell – 19 years old – also on loan at St. Mirren – this lad has huge potential and is going nowhere in the summer
- Shane Ferguson – 22 years old – on loan at Birmingham again – has played 20 times this season – contract runs out in the summer of 2016 – still has time to come through
- Haris Vuckic – 21 years old – on loan at Rotherham – played 12 times with one goal – has yet to fulfill his huge earlier promise – spell in lower leagues should toughen him up – as he never much liked the physical side of the game in England. Has contract runs through the summer of 2016
- James Tavernier – 22 years old – on loan at Rotherham with Haris – played 14 games with two goals – good reports of him playing very well this season – contract runs out in June next year – could shine in pre-season
- Curtis Good – 19 years old – on loan at Dundee United and playing well – has contract through the summer of 2018 – this lad is going nowhere, but needs first team games regularly – maybe on loan for a year or two – to progress
- Michael Richardson – 21 years old – the local lad was on loan earlier in season at Accrington Stanley, and played 21 times – may not get contract extension this summer
We could lose two local lads – Conor Newton and Michael Richardson in the summer, but Newcastle will probably keep the others and hope they come on in pre-season or again out on loan next season.
What do you think – what would you do with the above players?
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+