The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew Awaits FA Verdict On Monday – Should He Also Be Fired?

11:22 pm, Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 77 Comments

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew will get to know tomorrow what the FA verdict is for  his head-butt on Hull City player David Meyler on Saturday, and Meyler received a yellow card for his part in the altercation,, and it’s very likely to be a tough sentence for the Newcastle manager.

alan pardew butts david meyler

Alan Pardew head butting Meyler on Saturday and in the stands

Pardew has already apologized for his ridiculous and embarrassing behavior during Saturday’s game, and the FA are expected to take action immediately, once they receive the referee Kevin Friend’s full report of the incident.

This is the first time the FA have had to investigate a situation like this, when a manager has essentially attacked  a player from the other side.

At the very least, it appears that Alan Pardew will get a hefty fine, and maybe at least a six game touch-line ban for his antics on Saturday, but some are saying that ban may be more than six games, and he may even get a stadium ban and not allowed to be at the Newcastle games at all.

Pardew has already been reprimanded by Newcastle United, who quickly imposed a £100K fine on Saturday night, and gave their manager a formal warning, and that will be the last one he will ever receive on Tyneside.

This is a self-inflicted wound on Newcastle by their manager, and while some are calling for his resignation or sacking, that’s unlikely  to happen, at least not at the moment.

However, based on how Newcastle perform through the end of this season, it’s possible that Alan Pardew could be fired at the end of the season.

Alan Pardew is on trial this season, for the terrible term we had last season, when we were in Europe and only just avoided relegation, and of course this incident will not help the Londoner one little bit.

Let us know if you think Alan Pardew should be fired for his antics on Saturday – one vote per reader – so we get an accurate representation of the Newcastle fans’ views.

Should Alan Pardew Be Fired For His Behavior At Hull?

• No (76%, 3,167 Votes)
  • Yes (24%, 980 Votes)

Total Voters: 4,147

Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 on us on Google+

Tags: Newcastle News · Other News · Premier League · Suspensions

77 responses so far ↓

• 1 Belfast // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Stadium ban ?

How would we cope without those half time team talks ? Lol

• 2 Belfast // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM

They”ll certainly make an example out of him that’s for sure.

Especially with his previous history.

• 3 K T Cat // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM

By all means, let’s fire him. 8th place is unacceptable for a squad as strong as this one where the owner has spared no expense picking up one superstar after another.

I have no doubt that Mike Ashley will open up his wallet and pick a tremendous manager to replace him. Maybe we can get that Kinnear fellow back. He seemed to really have his act together.

/sarcasm

• 4 Belfast // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Blog closed ? Ah well goodnight.

• 5 beermonkey // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM

the sooner its done and dusted the better

• 6 kizza // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Have any of you lot been to Fulham away before. I got my ticket. My seats block p5, row rr, seat 100. Is that a shit view or what…am I up in the gods? Someone tell me

• 7 potski // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Repost

Sorry, should have said, Pardew didn’t attack Meyler first.

And I also think it not irrelevant that Pardew is 55. Personally I think he’s got some halls to square up to two young professional athletes in the way he did. Another Hull player also intervened just at the point where the “head butt” took place, and also pushed Pardew.

If he didn’t do the “head butt” then imagine the headlines today about Meyler. He ran into the opposition technical area and deliberately pushed a man twice his age for no reason, who had every right to be standing where he was, and made no movement to the ball or to interfere with Meyler retreiving the ball for the thrown in. Presumably out of frustration at the footballing lesson Newcastle were giving them. No wonder Steve Bruce and Hull were quick to accept the apology and try to play it down. And no wonder Pardew lost his temper in the way he did.

I’m not saying he is right, but there is nothing different with the Remy incident. He reacted to a bad tackle and led with his head when he confronted the opposition player. Three match ban. Pardew should get 6 because he is a manager and should know better. Anything beyond that is grossly out of proportion to what actually happened.

• 8 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM

kizza,
    not the best seats, but the stadium is tiny. Should be able to see the toon win from up there!

• 9 martin // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I agree every one is saying about pardew and forgetting the fact he was assaulted first. I have actually like the bloke a little bit more for standing up for himself shame he don’t do it to cashley.

• 10 Markaccus // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Martin

a lot of people in the real world said at least he showed a bit of passion, but also say that chasing after the player and “head butting” him (sort of) was excessive and he should be punnished, as should meyler. I pretty much agree with that appraisal.

• 11 beermonkey // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

why do city play that demachalis I am sure lesscot would do better
    if that’s the standard they aspire to maybe they will bid big on taylor

• 12 kizza // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Cheers (not gunna write your full name)

I for one will be gutted as a fan that pardew wont be on the touchline. Its good to see him as a fan and as a player you want to impress the manager. So if your the winger on his side youll give an extra 10%. Thats my theory

• 13 Markaccus // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Beermonkey

i think that is the most asked question in football at the moment…. why do citeh bother with dementalist. He is a terrible player.

• 14 potski // Mar 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Blackley

Pardew is the coach and is allowed to be in the technical area and from their provide coaching to his team during the game. He is just as much part of the game as the 11 on the pitch, and was in the overall playing area. And the incident occurred as part of the match, given that the ball left the pitch and went into the technical area, and the player went to get it.

This is not at all like the fan with the season ticket. There is a specific law preventing fans from entering the playing area – the pitch, technical area and the immediate surrounds. You breach that law by stepping into the playing area regardless of your reasons, and whether any other offence, such as a public order offence occurs.

• 15 Novocastrian66 // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Thing is the FA have rules of governance. The cannot make up sanctions on the spot. If a player sticks the nut on another player it’s a 3 match ban. The rules of the organisation govern that.
    Pardew, albeit he is a manager, is effectively managed by those same rules. Therefore a 3 match ban should be applied no matter what the tub thumpers think.
    The FA have a difficult decision to make. Throwing the book at Pardew could lead to an appeal, although I think he will keep his head down and take whatever punishment is handed down.

• 16 beermonkey // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

kizza

when benny was a regular in the side all you could ever hear on the tv was pardew screaming hatam hatam hatam it was nice when the commentators spoke to drown him out

• 17 beermonkey // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Novocastrian66

wot do u think he will get

• 18 kizza // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Ahhhh. Pardew is a good manager who loves our club. Id be very sad to see him go. We have had our stutter. Now im hoping fire up the league

• 19 kizza // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:17 AM

We fire up the league* I say 7/6th place this season

• 20 kizza // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Cause City won today….does that make 6th good enough for europa league

• 21 Mister Tuff // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Blaclklie -I’m aware you’ve retired but you’ve got the wrong end of the stick -again. I posted the extract from the ACPO Guidelines as it was a piece about the responsibilities of the FA. I’m sure you’ll find a similar explanation on the FA web pages -it just happened I found it on the ACPO document -which I never suggested was relevant at all in the debate. You have a tendency to assume what is not intended.
    The relevance is that you stated that Percy position was that of a member of the public (I paraphrase that) -no he wasn’t -he’s a member of the club and therefore comes under FA Regulations. I am now mentally exhausted with having to go over the same ground. Definitely my last post on this matter.

• 22 Uncertain Toon // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Blackley you remind me of thrush.

• 23 potski // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Mr Tuff, definitely covered by FA rules.

But Novo

If a player sticks a nut on another player when the ball is not in play, then this is misconduct, not a foul. The ref has guidelines to send off a player for that and the FA have guidelines that such a player would get a three match ban. The uncertainty, and likely excuse for a much longer ban is that he is not a player. It doesn’t appear that the FA have the same very clear guidelines covering the conduct of officials.

However, it is simply untrue that there have never been similar instances, and the FA must have considered similar cases. I don’t accept that this is “unprecedented” as was claimed in the media. The previous incidents have often been in the tunnel, or as part of a much larger melee. The biggest difference here was that Pardew was on his own and in clear view of a dozen TV cameras.

• 24 NUFC_LEAZES END // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Oh no don’t fire pardew he’s one of a kind………

Back to being serious I personally don’t think we can qualify for europa league next season and I’ll be very surprised of we do.

Our fixture/my predictions…

Premier League
    Arsenal v Newcastle – draw
    Premier League
    Newcastle v Cardiff – win
    Premier League
    Liverpool v Newcastle – defeat

Final position 8th/9th …53 points, can’t see any of the teams above dropping as many points as us

• 25 Uncertain Toon // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:46 AM

You can hypothesize all you want because that is in fact what you’re doing.
    Forget FA rules coz they’re trumped if it’s deemed there’s a misdemeanour.
    Hyperbole and speculation, done one thrush man.

• 26 kizza // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:48 AM

2 wins… surely we can do better than that

• 27 remember69 // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I have to say that it is not often I comment, but watch the blog on a daily basis. It comes as no surprise to me that certain website ‘squatters’ are using this debacle to suit their own agenda, bur lt’s out Ginny’s in perspective.
    Wad this a headbut? By definition, no. There was no intent to injure the player and is the type of coming together we see daily on the field. Was it a red card offense – YES, can it be condoned – not at all. But that is the end of it. The more people respond to the media ( wh have their own agenda to create sensationalism) the more momentum this story will get.
    I personally agree with Joey Barton on this one – the guy has no agenda and always speaks as he sees it. I really don’t think AP gets the appreciation he deserves. MA would be foolish to sack him as he is doing such a good job with the severe limitations (eg lack of signings) that are being placed upon him.

• 28 Online Guy // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Pardew was pushed really hard by the Hull player ..no one on MOTD or various media have focused on his violent part .

Big worry here is the thought I have that the FA might set a precedence and hit us with a 15 point reduction ! thus placing us in relegation trouble !

The FA seem to treat us very harshly every past decision they have made regarding Newcastle United .

I would not put a massive points reduction beyond their crazy decision making ..Fingers crossed here .

We are in the middle of a massive media frenzy..Ashley banning many Media outlet’s ..they now want blood. The FA might be stirred up enough to act likewise.

A 15 point’s reduction would make the FA look Good.

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Mar 3, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Some of you lot really are clutching at straws if you think Pardew will be fired for this, he has us comfortably mid table with a net spend of around minus 30M and eats and regurgitates all the sh1t Mashley gives him, plus after JfK kept his job after his drunken rant and Dastardly was allowed to run round SJP naked after a pi$$ up, then the head butting of a player will be chuckled about behind closed doors.

• 30 Uncertain Toon // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Jail

Agreed pal, load of pish really.
    I reckon Pardew would have done a Nigel Winterburn and shit himself if Meyler went after him.
    No trousers thst Pardew fella

• 31 brklyngeordie // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Have not posted in a few weeks this topic is one i felt i must touch on..
    Want to congratulate Pards on standing up for himself and actually have gained more respect for the man..
    Completely dont understand how him reacting to the cunt Meyler for pushing we know players may shove one another in heat of battle on field but why did he shove Pardew? thought that was very disrespectful..
    Dont get why people want to make an example of Pards meanwhile i know for sure if it were a number of managers that media love they would be praising the bravery of the manager in standing up for himself..
    How can this be worse then when Mourinho trying to incite a war with real and barca a few years back by poking that asst coach while tempers were already flaring? If SAF had done this headlines would have been how dare Meyler put his hands on him..Hope Pards gets away with the minimum 100,000 was way over the top for me

• 32 Uncertain Toon // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM

If he gets us into europe he’s my pal

• 33 Online Guy // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM

My post at 28,

I actually wrote it to scare the Sh*it out of you lot just before you go off to bed !… I can see the tumbleweed blowing through your mind’s ..Brrrrrrrrrr…its Chilly in here tonight !

• 34 Sav // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:14 AM

A good deal will depend on Webb’s report as I’m not sure Friend a good view of it. Ironically, could Pards be in worse trouble because of the change in regulations following the McManaman tackle on Haidara last year which allowed review even if the Ref claimed to have seen it? After the sending off, he went peaceably, which has to count for sommat.
    Despite claims to the contrary on here and in the papers, Monster Mash has no intention of sacking Pards and the guy is clearly feeling pressure from all sides.to flare up like that.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:15 AM

UT,
    Depending on the FA cup finalists seventh could see us qualify for EL, but we’ll have people on here saying it’s too early and we need to be eigth for another five seasons before being ready for Europe.

• 36 potski // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Online Guy

There is no way that sort of punishment can be meted out. The club have done nothing wrong. Points deductions like that could only occur for things like going into administration, match fixing, playing ineligible players, pitch invasions or not bothering to turn up for a match (like Boro did once and I think lost 5 points). Only Pardew can be punished for this one, not the club.

• 37 the_besty_show // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:19 AM

if there’s ever a club that would sack an overachieving manager its us. starting to get pissed off with half our fans like, constantly negative what is the point

• 38 kizza // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:41 AM

The besty show

We did it with Bobby Robson. Wouldnt surprise me

• 39 lesh // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:42 AM

potski @ 7…… 100% with you there and I’m surprised that the FA couid even think about making a judgement without looking at all the facts. Was it a butt? Was it a push with his head? If you look at each facial expression, there’s no sign of any power behind Pardew’s so labelled butt. What was Meyler’s part in all this? And the other Hull player? All to be considered

Pardew was out of order but for hell’s sake, it’s not as though he’d committed a mass murder

Let’s hope for common sense from the powers that be.

• 40 potski // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Jail

Look at Swansea. I think the proof is there in the performance of a number of teams how difficult the Europa League is given the number of games and the timing of the games on a Thursday. The competition doesn’t bring much money in to help the club develop onto a different level, and the entry of the CL teams into the final knockout stages make it a much more difficult competition to win than it was in the past.

Having said that I would normally want us to qualify, but with possible rebuilding that might be needed this summer, we could be back to the same struggle in the Prem as last year. If I was sure we would have the same squad as now minus Shola and Guti, and we added Gomis, Cabella and Grenier or similar players, plus a new CB. Cabella for instance might not be strong enough to go straight into the starting 11 in the Prem, but could play well in Europa.

• 41 Rebbeca from 7 miles away // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:45 AM

I fell quite strange about the toon at the minute, kinda similar to when my marriage wasn’t working. As much as you want to be in love like you where there’s so much shit gone on how can it ever be the same..

I’ll be honest I haven’t really watched the last 3 or 4 games for no real reason other than I didn’t feel the need, which is weird because at one time I’d never miss a match for anything.

Didn’t even know until last night about 9 that we’d won, reading the report and was amassed we’d won 4 1 then saw Pardew had been sent off for a head butt.

Haha, haven’t seen it so can’t comment but it made me laugh an actually want to know what the crack with the toon was..

It’s a funny situation, only a month or so ago he was filmed calling pellagrini a old ****. Or sumac along those lines…

Never liked the bloke for his area ganache etc don’t really want to watch it as there must be something in it judging by most peoples reactions.

All I can say is never mind his terrible football record his attitude and behaviour has been suspect at best, how he has a job is a embarrassment not only to NUFC and Mike Ashley but a slap in the face of fans, and the fact that he’ll nothing more than a club fine is disgraceful!

F**k mike Ashley!!!

• 42 Blofal // Mar 3, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I think Pardew does well considering what he has to put up with behind the scenes.

I’m not his biggest fan and don’t particularly like our style of play, but he has had to deal with a club and owner that refuse to invest in players, and then has to front up to the media and try and justify it for them or face the sack.

He spoke up against Ashley once and in response Ashley bought in Kinnear as DOF as what appeared to be a punishment.

Sure he doesn’t have the resolve to resign like Keegan but I don’t believe he is a part of the cockney mafia like so many on here preach.

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Mar 3, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Potski,
    I think there’s a difference between the club that qualifies through a cup and those that were good enough to finish fifth, that season we did it would have made a huge difference if Debuchy, Gouffran and Haidara had of been brought in during the summer instead of when they were brought here in January, aye, I totally agree that the format is all wrong, why not play on a Tue/Wed on alternate CL weeks and there’s no way that CL losers should be allowed in, in fact groupm winners should go in to the CL.

• 44 karasu // Mar 3, 2014 at 4:07 AM

Imo, Pardew should only be fired for footballing reasons. As in he keeps losing games and get us relegation-threatened and what not. Like what Fulham is going through now. Firing him after his good football performance against Hull makes no sense.

• 45 DENIro // Mar 3, 2014 at 4:40 AM

I like him now, more than before ..

• 46 DENIro // Mar 3, 2014 at 4:51 AM

And one more thing … the fact is that there is no man who would be the manager in these conditions, more than half a year (between two transfer periods ) …

• 47 theartfuldodger // Mar 3, 2014 at 5:19 AM

In the fair play table newcastle are 16th in Positive Play category. Above only sunderland cardiff and fulham.

Checked that table cause I was suspicious Pardew was trying to keep us firmly out of Europa even via Fair Play 😀

Does Pardew actually learn ? He just talks and apologizes and repeats.
    There was absolutely no need for what he did. It wasnt a close game with decisions going against us. If he cant stay calm then, then what hope do we have.
    Pardew may not be fired now, but Im sure in the next 6 or 7 yrs he will repeat this and warning will turn to sacking.

• 48 Ron Knee // Mar 3, 2014 at 6:17 AM

On the “incident”:
    Did Pardew say something provocative to Meyler before Meyler shoved him?

• 49 ilovetoon8788 // Mar 3, 2014 at 6:34 AM

our remaining fixtures are very tough.

i think we will get a max 3 wins. i expect a 10th place finish which is a fairly decent season but could have done better.

i’m just afraid of the summer transfer window. we’ll pick up a couple of freebies and we may expect to lose Tiote and other big players.

• 50 Kris // Mar 3, 2014 at 6:49 AM

The whole situation is so blow up. The thing Pardew do is ofc unacceptable, but serious? If he gets sacked, then Newcastle will go back to the days before we hireed Pards. Great manager! Not fire him!!!

• 51 Lilongwe Geordie // Mar 3, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Of course he isn’t going to get sacked for this. The club have made a statement, issued a fine and a formal warning. As they said, they do not want to speak about it and have drawn a line under the event. Only the FA remain to act (and the police if it were to be investigated, which I highly doubt) and they have zero power to sack him, so I’m not sure why this has come up!

• 52 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 3, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Mr tuff

Yes I have a tendency to assume when you post something like acpo guidelines you think it is relevant to the debate and supports your argument. Why would you post it otherwise? And just because I assume it, you always have the opportunity to clarify.

• 53 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Potski

The manager id not allowed outside the technical area. Certainly he has no jurisdiction to leave it for the purpose of nutting someone (or has his apologists say, tickling him with his forehead).

You can’t get into a situation where one man faces the criminal law when he has no permission to be somewhere (the bloke with the season ticket) and someone in a suit (called a manager) who would be arrested if he did it in the supermarket, bar or any other public place.

People ate assuming the fa have sole or overriding jurisdiction.

• 54 Slank // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:07 AM

What would the reaction be to an opposing player rushing into the other team’s technical area and pushing the manager?

Would the manager react? Would he just say ‘steady on old chap’? Would he be a wimp in front of his players?

No, he would almost certainly react as would his assistants.

It easy to say in hindsight and not in the heat of the moment but Pardew’s best course of action would have been to fall over and allow the medical staff to treat him. The player would have got a red card and the host club fined for not controlling their players.

• 55 Slank // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:12 AM

When the FA make their charge will they be reprimanding Hull for not controlling their player? They should be.

If they don’t Newcastle have a legitimate reason to complain as that means that players can assault the opposing manager and his technical staff and not be punished. The league have already punished Pardew for pushing a ref and so a precedent has already been set.

• 56 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Ed
    Did you see the statement from the club?

No other action will be taken they’ve drawn a line under it, move on people

And as pointed out before this HAS happened before, the FA have set a guideline and should fully adhere to them, the size of the club should not matter

• 57 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I doubt ashley will ask Pardew to pay the fine.

• 58 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Tads…there is no precedent in that ad you will see. The only thing you can take from that is that you know the minimum punishment he will get.

We will see what happens later this week; what ever happens the club should say thank you and move on (if the FA wanted to they could make an example out of us and rightly so)

It is not the first time Pardew has been in trouble.

• 59 lesh // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Perhaps these few wise words might make the sanctimonious Pardew ‘hang him’ brigade understand his actions.

I’m not condoning his behaviour by any means but a little context might help understanding.

• 60 Santon03 // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:29 AM

I don’t like pardew, but getting sacked because this incident is unfair. If meyler did that to one of the players for example Remy, he would react the same to meyler. pardew is still human like other, he will react if being pushed like that. He should apologize for his action, but not to meyler. he doesn’t need to apologize to meyler at all imo.
    It would be fair if he got sacked for poor performance by the team as the result of his action.

• 61 Lilongwe Geordie // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Blackley,
    The fan stepping on to the playing area is against criminal law, whereas Pardew leaving his technical area is against the FIFA football laws. Whopping difference.

If we were to start charging managers with public order offences every time they left there technical area most managers would be in court every other week.

• 62 Santon03 // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:37 AM

it is easy to say what he did was uncalled for, because it didn’t happen to us, we were watching from distance. I bet we would react probably the same way if it happened to us.
    Anyway, as I said in last topic we have many embarassing moments and this is not one of the most.
    Bowyer and Dyer fight is still the most embarassing moment for me.

• 63 Oleg G // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM

NO NO NO !!!!

1. No one better will come.

2. What he did isn’t that bad. The player also was at fault and sometimes the feelings get the better of people.

3. Physically as well, what he did was not that bad. So a ban for some games is the maximum. Also he got the fine from the club so, that is totally enough.

4. When the media is over hyping something, I know that I am on the other side. The media is looking for headlines and blood, not for justice and fairness. So I am on Pards side and on the side of the club this time with their decision to give him a warning and a big big fine.

5. I think the Hull player did worse than Pardew, and he got only a yellow. If he will not be punished as well, then I am even more on Pards side. It is ridiculous. The player definitely said something to Pards, not “I love you” that is for sure. He also was very aggressive and was stopped by other people 3 times (!!!). Also you can see that on the second time his right hand goes into a movement of a punch.

6. Pardew doesn’t always gets it right as a manager and some people want him out. Me too sometimes.
    But when I am looking at the situation with Ashley and the transfer policy, Pardew did very well here compare to other managers since Sir Bobby Robson.

All those things tell me that Pardew should not be fired.

• 64 wolfshead@toon // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:42 AM

should pards be sacked that would depend on how much ashley wants pulis as manager

• 65 Santon03 // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:43 AM

if pardew got sacked, definitely not because of this incident.

• 66 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:53 AM

NEWCASTLE UTD should get all the Decisions of HOWARD WEBB Audited. As a fourth official & the Referee in the club’s games.

There is a clear trend there. How is he the best ref in the so called no.1 league is beyond me.

• 67 dubzy // Mar 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM

61%……..voted and thinks pards should keep his job ,how many mackems voted then ,Shocking the thug should be gone

• 68 Mag52 // Mar 3, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Good post Lesh@57. Inverdale got it pretty well spot on, in complete contrast to Linaker, Hanson and Savage on MOTD on Saturday. The way they went on about there being no provocation for what Pardew did defies belief. I have no time at all for Ashley, but I actually feel that by coming out so quickly with the decision to fine his manager and give him a final warning he called it exactly right.
    As for AP, a touchline or stadium ban from the FA could well be a blessing in disguise. It could save his sanity.

• 69 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Jesper
    It’s an identical incident, they have determined the ban on the severity of the incident and have set the guideline for the offence
    It’s the same for every ban they have ever handed out and must reflect there previous punishment
    Just like they have for every other incident they have ever dealt with

• 70 south coast toon // Mar 3, 2014 at 8:18 AM

what a load of hogwash my kids have headbutted me harder than that he didnt make contact and if he did that was never going to hurt anyone.
    the hull player has come in to an area and shoved pardew out the way red card for me worse than shoving an offical the player has acted agresively and pards has stood up for himself its wrong pards stands up to someone who is going to wipe the floor with him a bully the headline should be bully pushes man twice his age looking for a fight , when if he really wanted a fight he could of shoved toite or sisoko
    good on you pards and again bad desion by ref they both deserved the same punishment if not the instagator should of got more

• 71 martoon // Mar 3, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Funny how I’ve been asking Ed for a poll on whether Pardew should be sacked for ages. When we eventually get one and over 70% say ‘no’ the anti-Pardew brigade claim it must be makems voting – go figure?

• 72 Lilongwe Geordie // Mar 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM

martoon,
    But the Chronicle poll is whether he should be sacked for this incident. If I had voted, I would have voted No to sacking him in this poll, as I don’t feel he should be sacked for this incident. However do I want him out for football reasons, a most definite yes.

Sadly some of the anti Pards want to use this to string him up and hang him by the bollocks.

• 73 stuart no9 // Mar 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

morning everyone. so, thug is being sentenced today . the very minimum must be banned till the end of season , a full stadium ban is the correct route. Football has been trying for about 30 years to get rid if the thuggery that used to be part and parcel of english football .
    They made the stadium all seater , they brought family enclosures into the stadium . People have been EDUCATED on how to behave at football games , the last thing we want is that thuggery creeping back into the sport . Its hard to believe i am not talking about the fans here , but the manager of NUFC. unbelievable i know , but that is just a measure of how bad things have become since ashley and his band of merry men took over NUFC.

• 74 trojan615 // Mar 3, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Yes he should be sacked. Also would be interested if someone put a complaint into the police re attempted assault .

• 75 stuart no9 // Mar 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Trojan —– exactly mate.

• 76 The Vicar // Mar 3, 2014 at 9:13 AM

For £100k I want broken bones and gallons of blood. Next up I expect people to be fined for “looking in an aggressive manner” or some such.

Ed, Can we have a vote on whether we think Shearer should STFU.

• 77 south coast toon // Mar 3, 2014 at 10:09 AM