The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle A Good Destination For Cabella – Don’t Make Me Laugh

11:26 pm, Monday, March 3rd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 73 Comments

One thing we have to realize when we see statements from 70 year-old Montpellier President Lou Nichollin is that, for whatever reason, he just hates Newcastle United.

lou nicholin

Lou Nichollin – Newcastle not his favorite club

This is what Lou Nicollin said almost fourteen months ago in L’Equipe, after Yanga-Mbiwa signed for Newcastle:.

“He chose Newcastle? If so, he is an ass.” ‘It is not my fault but I think the manager Alan Pardew played a role.”

“Newcastle, this is really not a good choice. They will transfer him the next year.”

‘It doesn’t bother me. We’re not going to cry. He is not irreplaceable. The important thing is that we get money.”

So we wanted to put that in context, before we report what the 70 year-old Montpellier President has said about where his star midfielder Remy Cabella should go in the summer:

“We have promised to let him leave but we will try and advise him to not just leave for anywhere. Is Newcastle a good destination?”

“Don’t make me laugh. In England you have to go to Chelsea, Arsenal or the two Manchester teams.”  “If Newcastle offer twenty million Euros and Arsenal five million,”

“I don’t think I would sell him. I’m capable of doing this; I wouldn’t prevent him,  but I don’t think he is made for that club. “

“Would I advise him against joining Newcastle United? Definitely, as for Arsenal – why not.”

So it’s simply more of the same from Nichollin – and it doesn’t surprise us too much.

€20M is around £16.4M and Newcastle will not pay that for Remy Cabella, and certainly Arsenal wouldn’t.

But at around £12M, we hope Newcastle would be willing to make a deal.

Note: James Sands is a long time reader of the blog, and he is running the Brighton marathon on April 9th, and it’s on behalf of the Stroke Association - James’ target is £750 in donations, which can be made  here – please help if you can.

73 responses so far ↓

• 1 Markaccus // Mar 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Buggering rodents to death and then using them for armed robbery??? FILTH!

Apparently he took a dump on princess diannas grave, too.

ok, on that rather sick note, i am off to bed. Goodnight all. I am sorry we cannot find a common ground on this one, but i bear no hard feelings over it. Hope you feel the same

• 2 jimmysmith // Mar 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM

After all these months I’ve just realised Nicollin isn’t wearing a deflated chefs hat in that ludicrous picture. If Mbiwa could come home strong from here then that might influence Cabella, who would almost gather dust in the reserves at the likes of Arsenal. He’d get a game at Newcastle. Nicollin really is talking out of his fat ass. I can’t imagine what he hopes to gain from it…….a bidding war?

• 3 beermonkey // Mar 3, 2014 at 11:48 PM

bloke has issues nobody forces him to accept bids for players
    and if there is a release clause tough it happens to us all at times and he accepted that when the contract was drawn up

• 4 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 3, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Mr Tuff

I’ve replied to you on the previous thread. I’m getting shot for bringing tedium to the blog so I dare not cut and paste it here, especially as it was a long one.

Anyway, I’m off to pen my letter to the papers.

• 5 jimiley // Mar 3, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Pardew is Ashleys man and is staying. As long as Pards keeps us 4th bottom or above, he is staying. This was a great opportunity to sack him but Ashley did not do so because Pardew is his puppet and front man. He could be caught shagging a chicken and he would stay because thats his private life. Pardew and Ashley are bringing this once great club to its knees and nobody seems to notice. I cannot recall Sir Bobby sticking the nut on a player when he was manager. How does Pards instill discipline and self control in the players. If the manager can stick the nut on a player so can I!!!!! Glad I do not go anymore. Disgraceful.

• 6 Online Guy // Mar 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Bla284Blackley and Brownlie

I take all your comments on board ..seems like a well considered view of events on Saturday at Hull.from you

.I cannot agree that the Hull players push on Pardew was as insignificant as you say..or.make it out to be ..It was not exactly good conduct now was it ? to madly shove ,hard, two hand’s in Pardews chest, a manager in his tech area in order to get at a ball ? .

.Why push the gaffa out of the way ? is that ok ? it looked a violent push to me . and afterwards he should have been red carded for lifting his hands in a threatening manner, and threatening to punch Pardew.

Now how much sweetness and light do you want to cast over Myler?

I did have a good read of your earlier post’s Blacklie and I cannot help myself thinking .and this is nothing personal…

Im thinking that you have a hidden agenda here ..somethings not right ..How can a Newcastle Fan not see the true picture here ? Unless your somewhat of a one off and your a left hooker ..somethings askew here Blacklie ..you’v got a grudge with Alan ..? that’s a question mind not an accusation ..

He didn’t shag your ex wife …did he ?

Nothing personal in above questions or demeanour as it comes across, I speak/write in part jest ..and mean no harm and all without Malice ..

• 7 Online Guy // Mar 4, 2014 at 12:02 AM

I pushed prince Charles out of the way with 2 hands into his chest the other day I was playing in a charity match for my daughters school fund …the ball went out ..His nibs was in the techy area in the way, so I shoved the Old codger Prince Charles right in the chest as the ball ran behind him ….I was then carted off to the tower of London and a sentence was passed on me Monday morning ..I’m to be beheaded at noon on Tuesday.

In mitigation I made all manner of excuses..I asked them to Do prince Charles for arguing with me face to face ..but they would not have it .

The Moral of this story is that Myler ‘s part in this is completely conveniently ignored ..now tell me its not a witch hunt against Newcastle ?

And Howard Webb’s Involvement means Pardew will be slaughtered .

• 8 Online Guy // Mar 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Iv had a couple e of pint’s ..Ok ok….. I’ll get me coat ..

• 9 toonbrother // Mar 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Pardumb would ruin this lad’s career like he has hbas, cisse’s and marveaux

• 10 santonthenewmaldini // Mar 4, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Lets put things into perspective here this Nicollin guy is only speaking the truth why would one of the stars of French football want to come and play for this shambles of a club apart from to put himself in the shop window? We cant even do that right sometimes!

We offer shocking bids for their players and then try to sell them for double or triple its no wonder he gets annoyed also I doubt Mbiwa is raving about us back over in France for the way he got dropped just as he was getting to grips with the league only to be thrown in at the deep end at right back for a few games only to be dropped AGAIN WITH SAYLOR IN HIS PLACE!!

People forget that there was a big interest in our club after we signed so many Frenchies so our games were getting shown more over there and to be honest a lot of the games we have been shocking to watch so cant imagine so we really need to change our image with some clubs

Would love us to prove him wrong by signing Cabella and turning into a top 4 team hell even just a proper entertaining side to watch I would take mid table if we were as attacking every game as the Hull game thing is with the players we have we would actually finish quite high if we play like that every game

• 11 Mister Tuff // Mar 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Blackley -definitely my last post on the subject.
    Right here we go.
    1.Easy one to get out of the way first -the case of R v Billinghurst. Basically persons playing contact sports would anticipate sometimes to get injured during the course of the game -bad tackle etc. However they do not sign up to getting assaulted – it was not force reasonably expected during the game. This only applies to the players on the pitch and does not include the management etc.
    (I think the main bit your are struggling with is the procedures)
    2. Percys’ actions could satisfy the elements of a charge of Sec 5 of the Public Order Act. No doubt about that.
    3. It appears the cops have examined Percys actions and a decision has been made not to investigate the matter further (for the reasons previously given.)
    4. The police have primacy in England and Wales to investigate criminal offences (other outfits can also do this -but these are not relevant in this case).
    5. The FA investigate offences involving football including violent behaviour. -they have charged Percy.
    6. As the Police are not investigating this matter further -for a criminal offence -that has the effect of giving the green light for the FA to commence investgations for rule breaches.
    (note if the cops had decided to pursue this matter the FA would not do anything until the police action/court case was finalised).
    7. Despite what you posted earlier the police will not sit down with the FA and discuss whether they want to charge anyone (poorly worded press release from the cops) -this would be a clear breach of the Data Protection Act, Human Rights, confidentiality.
    8. Despite what you posted earlier the Chief Constable of Humberside will not have been involved in this process. Chief Constables do not do this sort of thing. Officers of a lesser rank such as Inspectors, Chief Inspectors will have looked at the circumstances and made the decision.-maybe with advice from the CPS. These type of officers will make decisions as to whether cases are pursued or not -they may normally deal with serious offences such as murders/rapes etc -so it’s not some mug doing the decision making.
    Overall I believe that the correct decisions have been made by all parties – and it really does appear to me to be a proportionate response.
    You may not like it -but thats the way it is. Throwing in the supporter on the pitch case really is irrelevant.
    Lastly Percy has brought all this upon himself because of his lack of self control.
    - and that’s my last word on the matter or I’ll be getting nutted by my missus.

• 12 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Online Guy

I’m coming solely from the point of view that I hate the injustice of one rule for the stars and celebs and another for the hoi polloi and the plebs. Hypocrisy and double standards.

You know as clear as a nut to the face that something is not right with the system when an ordinary bloke who gets wrapped up in the passion of the game ends up with a criminal record for going on the field and offering up his ticket when celebrity Pardew is treated in a more civilised manner for his violent conduct. Bear in mind that a criminal record to someone who hasn’t got one is massive.

I know too that if I used the same level of force as Pardew in the street or at the ground with the same provocation, I would be arrested and charged. He is being done for violent conduct by the FA after all.

The ref gave Meyler a yellow card because it was a handbags push. It hardly rocked him, did it? He wasn’t about to fall on his arse. The proper response would be to complain or push back immediately in a similar fashion.

I make no bones of the fact that I would sack Pardew for footballing reasons, but I don’t believe that’s influenced my opinion on this matter. I really don’t take pleasure in seeing any person lose his job for doing something silly and if I could help him turn the clock back would.

I think that there is life outside of football and many people who aren’t interested in sport are extremely keen to see justice done wherever it should be. They will know that you have to look at all the circumstances and that the circumstances are different between players competing against each other in a fierce physical sport. The law makes allowance for that, which is why so many cases of players’ misdemeanours come under the jurisdiction of the FA. Yes, managers misdemeanours do too but usually because they don’t relate to violent conduct. The Humberside Police were seriously considering the question of criminal charges yesterday in a way they wouldn’t do for players. Pardew’s position is not that of a player who has been kicked in the heat of battle, and his response was completely disproportionate.

I might add that those people who don’t follow sport but will have strong opinions on the matter are unlikely to vote in Ed’s poll. Nevertheless, their views count in this country.

• 13 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Mar 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM

This french stuff is insane! ive never heard of any other league where the coaches, owners talk so much sht. Have a little class. WHo is this guy kidding, remy is going to the highest bidder. BTW, the move to NUFC certainly worked out for the guy he is replacing…..

• 14 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM

The problem was that Pardew has a big ego and simply couldn’t take the slight humiliation of being pushed.

• 15 Mister Tuff // Mar 4, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Blackley – I would not disagree with your post @14.
    I have posted many times on here about Percy and his past exploit -in such a manner as I don’t get caught up for libel.
    He has done and said some bad things in his life (not including his touchline spats). So I personally do not have much sympathy for him. He’s always been a cocky fellow.
    Much as I would want rid of him -not by this latest trouble -but because his abilities will not progress us.

• 16 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 4, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Mister Tuff

You have been busy. We largely agree except that the supporter on the pitch exemplifies the crux of my argument, and I can’t for the life of me think why you should consider it irrelevant. Disproportionate violence at a football ground that gets a civil penalty and non violence at a football ground that gets a criminal record.

I don’t understand why you feel the need to correct me on the minutiae, unless you think it gives your argument more force. Do you seriously think I believe that the CC himself dealt with this? He may have done but highly unlikely. When people write like this, especially on blogs, they are short cutting. They mean that the CC’s representatives, who could be any rank. We don’t say that of course. Newspapers don’t say that of course. Can you imagine what a newspaper would look like if journo’s did that in order to satisfy every pedant. Do you not think my posts are long enough?

I’m not sure you’re right about the confidentiality issue. Where is the Data Protection problem? If I had raised that you’d being asking for section and Act. Besides, it is a completely non-point designed to make you look informed. You really don’t need to do it because you’re quite smart enough to argue properly.

I take it you’ve given up trying to address my confusion with your introduction to the debate of the ACPO guidelines, or have I missed it?

• 17 andrew84 // Mar 4, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Maybe Kinnear had something to do with it!!

• 18 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Mr Tuff

I guess you’re like me and would help him turn the clock back if you could. The same for the bloke on the pitch.

Right, I’m off to bed.

• 19 magoo // Mar 4, 2014 at 1:31 AM

bloke seems fairly odious but what he says is no different to what a lot of people on here say. Why would anyone decent want to come here with these clowns in charge.

• 20 Sydney Toon // Mar 4, 2014 at 1:35 AM

My two cents worth:

1. Pardew will surely be removed at season end. This is one too many indiscretions and it has brought upon embarrassment to the Club, Players and Supporters. What should have been a fantastic result for the players and Pardew, and it was, it has turned sour and I would not be surprised if a lot of the players find it difficult to accept criticism from him. His position is untenable, and the warning and fine is enough for Ashley to dismiss him with minimal payout.

2. Nicollin behaved in the same manner when we were in for Mbiwa, we got him for a decent deal, he is simply causing enough drama to get other teams more interested. Scouts are everywhere, scouting countries, so it would be foolish to believe that Cabella is simply just OUR target. But whether other teams have a need for Cabella is another issue, we need Cabella or Grenier, preferably both. He is simply drumming up his biggest asset so he can sell him for a good sum and rebuild the squad at minimal cost.

• 21 Mister Tuff // Mar 4, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Blackley – if I have knowledge or an understanding of a particular subject I would share all aspects of that -not to make myself look better (yet again naughty and erroneous assumption) but to inform the debate. If I think something is relevant I’ll mention it -why shouldn’t I -there are no sinister motives.

• 22 p // Mar 4, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Sydney, the general consensus is that this would have been an opportunity to have sacked pards with o compensation. since he is likely to get a lengthy ban, it is not like waiting until summer will make much difference and we are safe from relegation anyway.

I think he is safe in his job until the next screw-up

• 23 Online Guy // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:13 AM

We are now on Lambing call for the neighbours ..Had little sleep, soon to be little Sheep !

I’v been perusing Blackleys take on things Pardew, and also Mr Tuff’s , (legend on this blog) Blackleys explanations are detailed and I can see his point of View ..Blackley is coming from the point of View of the common man ..and you know what.. you got to respect his take on that.

Mr Tuff gives a beautiful detailed report at comment eleven. superb in fact . now where’s the Iodine !

• 24 Jail for Ashley // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:16 AM

Blackley,
    Champion of justice, one rule for all, protector of fairness I ask you, if your son was involved in a fight and you read that another boy the same age was involved in a similar fight and given 12 months, when your boys turn came and he was let of with a suspended sentence, would you start writing letters and screaming from the roof tops as to the injustice of it all ?

• 25 Online Guy // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:30 AM

I’m waiting around here.., waiting for a call,. might just meander over to where I’m going anyoldways, but before that is there any of my American cousins kicking around ?

Any one up near Bear Gulch road , San Fran , Bay Area ? off of highway 84 ? talk to me !

• 26 Jail for Ashley // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:35 AM

OG,
    Don’t know them parts, but it’s quiet on the blogosphere in China too.

• 27 Jail for Ashley // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:37 AM

Sydney Toon, P,
    There will be more screw ups 100%, but unless he costs Mashley money he wont be going anywhere, would Mashers care about the football being played he hardly even bothers with matches anymore.

• 28 Online Guy // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:41 AM

Jail how ya doing ?

All this Tuff and Blackley debate and meself..well its me that’s right ..Pardew is being slaughtered ..If this was Alex Ferguson I can say without any contradiction that the press and other media outlets would have been silenced by Man Utd’s lawyers with an injunction or embargo on everything as regard’s slandering AF same protection should have been afforded to Pardew. TV evidence is biased. as are most media ..

Anyway good morning Jail.

• 29 Online Guy // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Christ Jail You in China now ! watch out for 3rd world war mate ..its getting sticky over in Russia !

God . You got to feel homesick every second your over there ..Am I right ?

• 30 Jail for Ashley // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:52 AM

OG,
    Good afternoon, my money is on Tuffers, Blackley has an agenda simply because he doesn’t like Pardew but idolises the man who not only hired him in the first place but gave him an eight year contract and then hired the worst DoF in the history of the game for him to report to, go figure.

• 31 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:56 AM

ramblings of a person Who I think knows that Remy Cabella is a NUFC player.

I think a deal is in place.

• 32 Sydney Toon // Mar 4, 2014 at 4:59 AM

JFA
    Long time no chat buddy!
    I agree and waiting till the summer presents Ashley with enough ammunition to sack him, he will cost Ashley money, whether the team slides to a top 16 finish or lack of sponsors wanting to lease the signs etc.. They will see that and would hate for Pardew to head butt someone wearing their logo. Im actually interested to see what Wonga’s stance is on this, and how this affected Ashley to swoop as quickly as he did. It was a rare sign of duty of care to the clubs supporters. The club’s reputation has been damaged one too many times because of Pardew’s actions.

• 33 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Senor Tuff…just a technicality but football is not a contact sport ;)

• 34 Online Guy // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Jail , if your in China mate ..watch out for guitars ..acoustic , made with solid Brazilian rosewood back and sides. Not laminated Brazilian mind..solid Brazlilian Rosewood . and go for an old one ..make a killing when you get home.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Sydney,
    Good afternoon,
    Unfortunately what not everybody gets is that Ashley does not want to sack him, he is not looking for an excuse to get rid of as some would believe, he didn’t hand him an eight year contract on a whim, he has an eight year plan in place which will get him all his money back while his yes man keeps us in mid table with minimal investement. He’s going to have to do a lot worse than almost relegate us and push a linesman to get the bullet.

• 36 Online Guy // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Sydney ..you make a good point there om ..mm Clubs reputation besmirched ?..iTS hard to stop that mind with national newspapers following us around on Christmas parties ..camera’s at the ready

• 37 Jail for Ashley // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:08 AM

OG,
    I wouldn’t know the difference between a guitar or a banjo, never minda laminated Brazillian, although I do have experience of a waxed Brazillian.

• 38 Sydney Toon // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:14 AM

JFA
    True, the eight year contract does present him a major issue should relegation happen or Pardew takes longer to get that money recouped. I guess we shall see but if a major slide happens, surely Ashley has to remove him as it will affect his pocket regardless. Violent conduct should be enough for dismissal and minimal payout, that’s how I would have set up his employment contract. But I can see your point, I guess we have to wait and see what happens at the end of season review.

• 39 Mister Tuff // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Damn -couldn’t sleep so had to get up for half an hour.

Jesper – morning -football is a contact sport – not in the sense of boxing or marshal arts though. Definition from online dictionary:-
    contact sport
    n.
    A sport, such as football, hockey, or boxing, that involves physical contact between players as part of normal play.
    From -link:-

Blacklie -lastly – you query whether there would be a breach of the Data Protection Act. You need to check out section 55 of the DPA1998. This section deals with the disclosure of data. If data is disclosed not in accordance with the act -an offence is committed. You can research it if you want. basically the same principal as if your doctor or bank releases information about you.

• 40 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Did David Meyler Shove Pardew?

Has anyone here tried catching a bus? you have to get some people out of the way. Surely that is not a shove.

I know you are all rich and all but you should understand the analogy.

Not saying that pardew should be sacked on this, but because he is a terrible football manager.

• 41 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:23 AM

People saying Pardew did not head butt Meyler.

Did Pepe Reina head butt Perch?

Did remy Head butt Johnson?

• 42 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:28 AM

Pardew has had on touchline had bust ups with

Martin O’Neil
    Wenger
    Pelligrini

&

Pushed a referee’s assistant

• 43 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Senor Tuff…are you sure they are not referring to American football and not soccer?

…I am pretty sure European football is not what you call a contact sport :) it is a bit like basketball. But I suppose there are some kind of contact of course – just never thought of it as a contact sport :)

You are up early today mate?

• 44 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:38 AM

India…in Dennark most of the population either take the bus, train or bicycle to work ;)

• 45 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:39 AM

*Denmark

• 46 Mister Tuff // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:42 AM

jesper- couldn’t sleep so had to get up -will be going back to the pit in about two minutes. I think I know what you mean –that the purpose of the game is no contact. However in the course of the game it is inevitable that contact is going to be made -so on that basis it is a contact sport

• 47 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:44 AM

JESP

So you can understand that if you are trying to catch a bus you may have to push someone out of the way.

That is not a shove. is it?

• 48 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:55 AM

I guess it depends on the push?

…we are quite civil when it comes to public transportation and it is not as crowded here as where you come from.

The London metro is worth :)

Senor Tuff…I suppose there is some kind of contact – granted :) but I am just not sure I will call it a contact sport.

• 49 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Jesp

In the metro or Tube in which I travel it is that crowded that I can’t fall down if I try

• 50 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 4, 2014 at 6:43 AM

*worse. Silly Phone! lol

• 51 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 4, 2014 at 6:44 AM

India…where are you based?

• 52 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM

New Delhi

• 53 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 4, 2014 at 7:05 AM

There are probably more people there than in Dennark and Sweden all together ;) lol

• 54 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 4, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Did senor Tuff go to bed again?

• 55 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 7:10 AM

16 million in delhi

• 56 AusMagpie // Mar 4, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Why do we care what this guy thinks?

• 57 Blofal // Mar 4, 2014 at 7:47 AM

His father/agent said it was a done deal. And all their manager would say was that he would not be leaving in January and would not comment on the rumours of a summer deal.

Sounded like a done deal at the time. Here’s hoping.

• 58 tequilamag // Mar 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM

HD we Q for buses here, if you tried to push people out of the way. the chances are you would be in hospital pronto.

• 59 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:09 AM

TEQs

Sure you do!

What i meant was suppose you are trying to catch one w/o queue and running at the stop and some one is just strolling in front of you.

• 60 tequilamag // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:14 AM

HD run around him, , seriously fella. it may be acceptable in Delhi but it would provoke a violent reaction in these parts.

• 61 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:20 AM

My point is one should understand.

It is not about being acceptable. it’s needs must.

• 62 Carl819 // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I heard a rumour that Lou Nichollin had a holiday cottage in Roker, maybe that explains his irrational hatred of all things black ‘n’ white

• 63 tequilamag // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM

OK HD if you feel it is a must to push someone as you lack any common courtesy If that person was me you pushed I would feel a need to deck you and would feel justified in doing it. Why should I as a law abiding member of the public suffer being pushed by a stranger when I walking along the street minding my own business?

• 64 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM

well you and I have to agree to disagree on that.

End of that discussion.

should you want to discuss anything else you are MTW

• 65 tequilamag // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM

MTW ?

• 66 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:32 AM

More than Welcome

• 67 tequilamag // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I see, tyvm.
    Have you ever vistied the UK HD ?

• 68 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Never been out of India. as a matter of fact

• 69 tequilamag // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Well one day mate, just remember not to push people, it will make the stay a happier experience all round.

• 70 kt97toonarmy // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Why pardew would ever pick taylor over mbiwa is beyond me.

• 71 mindshaft // Mar 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM

haha – pushing people in taxi queues on a sat night would end up in carnage

• 72 Ben3arfa // Mar 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM

It seems Nicollin is hoping some other team comes in and out bids us for Cabella, the deal was struck in January if some of the reports are to be believed.

• 73 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Mister Tuff

The Data Protection Act is thrown at everything because people don’t understand it. By quoting the act and then referring to section 55, it makes it sound as if you are right and you know what you’re talking about.

As I say, you don’t need to try to be so erudite and knowledgeable in order to elevate your argument.

You have to be mindful of the act but it really is limited in its scope. It wouldn’t prevent the CC (for your sake, any of the CCs representatives) from discussing the incident with the FA.

Your opinion is cogent enough that you don’t need to demonstrate your knowledge by tracking side show areas in ever decreasing circles. It simply detracts from your argument.

Just mentioning s55 doesn’t take us any further forward anyway. I can’t see how it is relevant in the circumstances that it would have material consequence here. If you do want to go down such a route then you ought to follow it through and not just quote the section but its effect. You haven’t explained how it is practically relevant, you’ve just left it out there. Don’t forget, it simply applies to data.

As you like to quote the law, it would be better to stick to the main point that goes to the crux of the matter and on which humberside’s rationale is based. That is what does the law say about violence of players and the violence of other people at sports grounds? If is in the public interest not to prosecute players for rash actions in the cut and thrust of the game, should that be extended to managers and match officials?
    Is it the case that fans say its nothing because they’re inured to this sort of behaviour through their experience of the FA deal with players’ misdemeanors?

previous post: FA Charge Alan Pardew With “Non-Standard” Improper Conduct

next post: Was That Really A Head Butt From Alan Pardew?