Loic Remy To Fans – We Want To Win Every Game For You

Loic Remy has talked to the local pres today, and he’s said the players are now over the very sudden departure of Yohan Cabaye to PSG in January, and are now all set to do very well over the last 10 games of the season.

loic remy moussa sissoko vurnon anita

Loic Remy – happy after Sissoko scored his second goal
He seems a great team player and seems to love life at Newcastle

The French international is now with the France squad in Paris, and they play Holland tonight in a World Cup warm-up game.

Loic is not only a great player who scored his 13th goal for the team at Hull on Saturday, but he’s always comes across as a real team player and a smashing lad.

Loic was born to play for a proud and great club like Newcastle United.

This is what Remy has said today:

“We lost a little bit of confidence in those games because we lost an important player in Cabaye.” “I am very proud of my team-mates because we’ve all worked very hard.”

“And we feel that’s how we have to play for the rest of the season.” “I feel we can get some good results in the next few games,  but we want to show the fans that we can fight for every game.”

“They want us to win every game. We want this as well. I want to say keep going and support the team like they have been doing since the beginning of the season.”

“We are going to do the best for them until the end of the season.”  “We will keep working hard on the training ground.” “There is no reason why we can’t get good results in the future.”

“Everybody wants to get good results. When we work hard we get good results.”  “We take each game as it comes and hope we are up there at the end of the season.”

Good (great) words from the French striker there.

Newcastle want to sign Remy permanently in the simmer, and with those comments it would even seems he really likes it at Newcastle and could even want to stay.

Certainly, a great run-in to the end of the season would help Newcastle in that endeavor, but to qualify for Europe it’s almost certain we need to be in 6th place in the league – unless Arsenal and Manchester City both reach the FA Cup Final.

It’s not clear what the transfer fee would be for Remy, and if it wasn’t fixed by the loan deal, it will have gone up this season with his great performances for Newcastle.

But Newcastle   have money available in the transfer market this summer, so let’s hope Mike Ashley spends it – and if we can get Remy in permanently, it would be a tremendous boost for the beleaguered fans.

There’s still a chance – a small chance of Newcastle doing that.

Note: James Sands is a long time reader of the blog, and he is running the Brighton marathon on April 9th on behalf of the Stroke Association – James’ target is £750 in donations, which can be made here – please help if you can.

• G

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Rumour has it that Remy already has a deal in place with Arsenal. If we can sign him, I would be happy, but I suspect he will go to a club in Europe (and by that I mean champions league), rather than sign for us.

• Laurent Robert 32

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We didn’t had confidence when Cabaye was here as it was already in the middle of an abysmal run.

It will be interesting to see the performance against Fulham. Will we play with the same improved freedom (possibly because we have reached 40 points) or will we go back the to the usual disjointed containing?

• Himanshu Dhingra

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Ronald Koeman Feyenoord & Van Basten will leave Heerenveen at the end of season Will you have them managing NUFC

• Himanshu Dhingra

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:04 AM

G

Dyche?

He is doin well at Burnley, know he did well at Watford. I know nothing about his style etc.

• G

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:04 AM

HD, interesting names mate, could be worth the gamble, would still prefer Sean Dyche if I’m honest though.

• kt97toonarmy

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM

He is provven in the premier league. Next season if he stays with us. He can only get better. Best striker we have had since shearer. Pity hes on loan 🙁

• G

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I rate him because he has been forced to sell his best players for the clubs finances and has the players at his disposal playing well above their level. He works on cheap budgets (Should keep MA happy), and transforms the average to the sublime. What’s not to like?

• Himanshu Dhingra

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM

kt97

Remy better than BA?

• Himanshu Dhingra

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM

G

never said I don’t like. I said i don’t know much

• G

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I didn’t direct that at you HD, so apologies if it came out that way, I just meant that all the evidence I have seen is win-win for both club and fans.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Dyche smyche, Koeman schoeman, Pardew is here to stay, the way the blog wemt last season thinking Benitez was on his way, I honestly think people believe that Mike Ashley wants a better manager, I stopeed believing in Santa when I was about six or seven, it was hard but it’s a fact, sorry kids there is no such thing as Santa, my apologies to Jeff from Benwell for sharing that with him.

• geordieboy83

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM

HD

I would have a crisis in my trousers if we got van basten, he is my hero of football and to see him represent the toon awesome

• Himanshu Dhingra

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:24 AM

geordieboy/JFA

He is available for free. No compo there.

make Pardew the Non-technical director.

Only down side is that we will only get players like Tomkins and Bent

Ruggedly British

• Himanshu Dhingra

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Santa ain’t real 🙁

• Lew Davies

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Just don’t understand why anyone would think Ashley would want to sack Pardew ?
    He is doing exactly the job asked of him.
    Yes he has caused embarrassment to himself and the club, for which he has and will be punished.
    Replacing Pardew is not a scenario Ashley will relish.
    He wants stability over a long term.
    A new manager upsets the apple cart in so many ways, its just not worth it with no guarantee of success.
    Its better for Ashley to stick with what he has got.
    Pardew getting a touchline ban til the end of the season is no great shakes either.

• Lew Davies

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Jail @ 11
    you are spot on fella.
    As fans we want a better manager/coach.
    But Ashley doesn’t
    The sooner everyone accepts that fact, the better for all.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Accept and keep on lining up turnstiles

• Jeff from Benwell

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM

It is totally pointless discussing Remy’s future until it is clear where QPR will end up next season.
    If they get promoted Tomny Fernandez wll strengthen and Remy will be part of that.
    If they miss out on the EPL I can see us extending his loan for another season

• Sav

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Well said, Loic. I guess the French gave us ‘Le Cliche’ after all.