The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ryan Taylor – He’s Got A Brilliant Attitude

4:38 pm, Wednesday, March 5th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 175 Comments

Ryan Taylor has been one of the unluckiest players in football over the last almost two years, when he suffered a severe ACL knee injury against Atromitos in August of 2012, and then last April when he was almost ready to return to playing again, he picked up another ACL injury in training.

ryan taylor sunderland goal

Ryan Taylor – on August 20th, 2011
After scoring sensational winner against Sunderland

That’s so unlucky, but fingers crossed – Ryan will be fit and ready to go in early July -  when pre-season will start.

The 29-year-old has been working with the Newcastle U21 side, where he is able to pass on his experience and expertise to the youngsters.

Certainly Peter Beardsley is thankful of having Ryan’s help, and Peter had this to say on nufcTV:

“Ryan has taken a real interest in the reserves, and obviously he is injured at the moment.” “I would think you would probably see him more and more.”

“He loves it. He’s a big help to us because he plays the game, and he can give the kids his knowledge.” “He has got a brilliant attitude, as we all know, so it’s a pleasure for us to have him with us.”

Ryan was signed in January of 2010 from Wigan during our promotion season, in an exchange deal involving Charles N’Zogbia, who went the other way and Newcastle also got £6M in cash in addition to Ryan.

Ryan is a very popular player on Tyneside and he’s played 91 times so far for Newcastle with 10 goals, and some of those have been great – especially from free kicks.

The most famous of those was the winner at the Stadium of Light in August 2011 against Sunderland, when he scored in the second half,  direct from a free kick.

We hope Ryan can get back in the side for next season, and we need his free kicks – with Yohan Cabaye having left the club.

Note: James Sands is a long time reader of the blog, and he is running the Brighton marathon on April 9th on behalf of the Stroke Association – James’ target is £750 in donations, which can be made here – please help if you can.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Ryan Taylor

175 responses so far ↓

• 1 mag // Mar 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Move him on!

• 2 G // Mar 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I was forgetting that Ryan Taylor was on our books. I suppose now that Cabaye has left, he is our best set piece taker again.

• 3 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 4:44 PM

On last article…

Santon cant cross with his Left foot. He is weak defensively. Dummet, haidara or mym are better left backs imho.
    Santon for me should be back up RB, or even used sometimes as a winger.

• 4 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Quiet here today…

• 5 G // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Too right it’s quiet. The usual crowd on here at this time must have got detention or something?

• 6 Scottiedog // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM

@ 1

Jog on you idiot!!!!!!

• 7 mindshaft // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Raylor is not going to displace Debuchy even in his prime and I think I’d rather see M’Biwa at RB if Debuchy is out
    Personally I always thought of Raylor as a squad player who was good at set piece deliveries – rest of his game was fairly average imo – I doubt he’ll reach that peak even when fully fit as the ACL injuries means he’ll have lost a little pace

• 8 Scottiedog // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM

@ 7
    That’s what everyone said about Williamson!! Raylor is a very good player that control the game and IMO I would rather have him in the team than Santon.
    Sometimes you have to have players that can do a job and Santon in my opinion does not know if he is a LB or a Winger hence why he gets caught out,

• 9 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM

G

Maybe half of them are taking legal advice on how to bring criminal charges to Pardew, and the other half are sorting oit NUFC’s finances :D

• 10 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I’m in trouble on here for being too negative but I just tell it like I see it. The idea of giving Ashley more time after 7 years of his bollocks does bother me I must admit. He’s not going to change and we’re not going to be any more competitive than we are now as far as I can see. He feels he has the balance right now. One in and one out as long as we get more for the sale than we have to spend for the new player, his wage, and his agent’s fee. That will never work. And our commercial revenue is a total joke as many have now pointed out.

• 11 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Did I say Harrumph yet? Ryan Taylor? A good lad apparently but after such a serious knee injury will he ever fully recover? Not young anymore. Probably never a starter from now on. We have far more pressing matters to deal with Ashley.

• 12 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Evening G2

Harrumph indeed. Ashley must go now, for any chance of positive change.

• 13 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Evening Mr. kaccus. I’m hearing rumours you have a voodoo doll of Mike in your secret footy room. Have you got enough pins? Chicken blood? Is there anything else I can send you to help out mate?

• 14 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Why does everything go dead when i speak

i am the blog reaper maybe.

MAYBE I SHOULD TALK IN CAPITAL LETTERS FROM NOW ON
    (Readers of discworld will understand)

• 15 G // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:53 PM

@14, presumably that means you own a white horse called Binky?

• 16 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I’m talking to you Markaccus mate. You can count on me. Huzzah!

• 17 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM

G2

I am ok for chicken blood. I could do with some finger bones to forsee his future though. I can never get enough pins. The size of ashley and therefore the resulting rather portly voodoo doll means i have a lot of suface area to prick

• 18 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:56 PM

G2

Yes, Binky is in his stable right now. Mort still pops over to feed sugar lumps to him now and then.

• 19 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Nobody understands you like I do Markaccus. Your budgie fetishes. Your voodoo dolls. Your secret rooms. Your love of Ashley. Your trilby. Your magnificent chest hair and flared nostrils. You are a truly powerful presence on here. Did I mention your aura is awesome today?

• 20 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 5:58 PM

What’s that about Ashley being a prick Markaccus mate? Oh and it was G who asked you about Binky. Don’t confuse him with G2. I have a number, he doesn’t (he’s quite jealous).

• 21 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Actually, if i was going to be a Discworld character, it would either be Moist vin Lipwig because he is resourceful and eventually lands on his feet, or of course Sam Vimes.

• 22 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:02 PM

G

sorry i am confusing my own abbreviations :D

G2

Sorry mate. I have the aura of a manly man. It is that time in the lunar cycle where people revere me and dispair!

• 23 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Moist, that’s an interesting name. I prefer Ms. Nubbins but Moist isn’t bad (sniff).

• 24 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Stop that Ms. Nubbins! I’m trying to make tremendous bloggery right now! Harrumph!

• 25 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Yes your reverence we do revere you Markaccus. I do not despair however. I may press wild flowers now and then but a manly heart beats in this chest.

• 26 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Your plume is tremendous at this time of year as well Markaccus. Bright purple it is. Outshines the Northern Lights. Joanna Lumley will be over to have a look at it any time now.

• 27 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:09 PM

It’s a little eerie being on here talking to myself. Hmmm. Ah well the conversation is excellent so far! :)

• 28 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:10 PM

You know who else has a brilliant attitude? I do! Here I am keeping up a tremendous flow of bloggery with little or no help! Beautiful.

• 29 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hello? Is anyone out there? Halloooo? Don’t tease lads. It’s cruel. Blog on with me dudes and dudettes.

• 30 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Aurora Markialaccus.

The Markaccus lights

• 31 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Does anybody else admire The Dude? You know Jeff The Dude Lebowski? An icon. A true role model for his generation (and mine). Beautiful.

• 32 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Well we clearly have the place to ourselves Markaccus mate. Anything else you want to share with me? We could both have a beverage and really discuss the big questions in life.

• 33 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Do you have a carpet that really ties the room together Markaccus? Are you into Zen and mysticism as well as budgie fondling and voodoo? Where do you stand on offshore fishing?

• 34 mindshaft // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Markaccus / Geordie – you’re clearly not cut out to be a comedy duo so why inflict pain on the rest of us

• 35 mindshaft // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Personally I’d always go for the wet method

• 36 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Why thanks mindshaft. Why don’t you contribute something to the blog then? Too busy? Too intelligent for us? What is it that’s holding you back mate?

• 37 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:25 PM

That’s it mindshaft? How to pluck a pheasant? This threesome clearly isn’t working out.

• 38 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Now you’ve done it mindshaft. You’ve brought the wrath of the Markaccus on yourself. This could get ugly.

• 39 dufuss // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:31 PM

it been dramatised on radio4 extra

• 40 G // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Funny you should mention the dude G2, been listening to a fair bit of Creedence tonight.

• 41 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Beautiful G. Loved them. You refer of course to Creedence Clearwater Revival for youngun’s with little musical background. Harrumph. Fine group. Manly.

• 42 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM

The Dude abides G.

• 43 G // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I always find it amusing that most people love CCR but don’t even know it. They know and love every song, but have no idea who they are. A mate of mine recently claimed to hate them, but admitted he didn’t know them. Played him Bad Moon Rising, and he loved it, and admitted it, and then played him Fortunate Son, which is in just about every Vietnam movie ever, which he also admitted loving. Class band. Anyway, anything even remotely football related happening tonight (Meaningless internationals not included!)

• 44 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Spot on G @43.

• 45 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Everybody’s building the big ships and boats
    Some are building monuments, others jotting down notes
    Everybody’s in despair, every girl and boy
    But when Mark the Eskimo gets here everybody’s gonna jump for joy
    Oh come all without, come all within
    You’ll not see nothing like the mighty Mark
    Come all without, come all within
    You’ll not see nothing like the mighty Kakkus.
    Had to stretch that a bit for Markaccus. But you get the general idea. All hail the mighty Markaccus. Shrink back in fear mindshaft.

• 46 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Erm… that escalated quickly.

• 47 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Mindshaft

Inflicting what on whom??? There was no f#cker else here at the time :D

• 48 cyprus // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM

In truth, Raylor has not taken us forward. Even if fit he probably wouldn’t make the bench these days.

• 49 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:52 PM

A lot of you have been asking me to comment on male nipples. Well I’m happy to. Why do women’s nipples get all the glory? Men’s nipples are definitely underrated. It’s unfair and it’s sexist. There it’s out there now. We have to stand up for ourselves lads.

• 50 G // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Saying that Cyprus, he hasn’t disgraced himself playing in defensive midfield birth either, although his hopes of dislodging a certain Ivorian for the spot are limited.

• 51 Shadow_Shearer // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Rtaylor was once a very good player, and a dead ball specialist, but two years of injury guarantees he won’t be the same player when he comes back. Unfortunately.

• 52 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM

…but GT I really like women’s nipples ;)

• 53 cyprus // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM

True, G

• 54 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Cyprus.

He is not a miss this season, but i would say 12 months ago and before that he would have been very useful to us.

• 55 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Remember when Tokyo was destroyed by Godzilla? That’s nothing compared with what’s about to happen to mindshaft. Seek shelter fellow bloggers!

• 56 mag // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Tell the scottiedog moron as he’s convinced Raylor is a great player.

• 57 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:58 PM

That’s not the point jesper mate! Harrumph! I’m saying men deserve equal attention when it comes to nipples! The Turks were always ahead of their time with fancy nipple armour. But we need progress! We are being ignored and abused by women needlessly. Sure ours are hairier but that’s no excuse! I’m very committed to this believe me!

• 58 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Everybody’s just standin’ around ‘neath the trees
    Feeding pigeons on a limb
    But when GT the Eskimo gets here
    Then pigeons will go to him

Come all without, come all within
    You’ll not see nothing like the mighty GT ;)

…gotta love Bob Dylan

• 59 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I feel the rage building in Markaccus. He’s like Mr. Furious. He’s a volcano of rage! Beware mindshaft!

• 60 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM

He once lifted a bus you know.

• 61 cyprus // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Mark,
    Agreed. Still, I don’t think he’ll ever play consistently for us again. Even though we still don’t have a dead ball specialist… Who is it these days? Dummet, Remy, Krul? ;) I miss that Robert fireball!

• 62 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Raylor has his limitations for sure, but is a decent squad player to have around the place. We lost Perch last year, looking likely to lose Jonas properly in the summer, so if he can get fit and stay fit, then I’d say it’s useful to have about the place.

Certainly wouldn’t get in the starting 11 under normal circumstances though, so if he does go and an upgrade arrives I’d be happy enough.

• 63 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I’m not just kidding around here. I’m thinking of a whole new range of Manly Men Nipple products. We’ve got to stand up and fight for ourselves lads. Men’s Lib. It’s the future. And the future is now! (I love advertising that doesn’t make any sense).

• 64 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM

But how do you feel about male nipples Ibizza mate? Do we have your full support? It would mean a lot to the lads.

• 65 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Fight for your right for nipples? But G2 mate, we’re already fighting for our right to party and to get rid of Ashley…perhaps by taking on the important issue of mens nipples we’re stretching ourselves a bit far?

• 66 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Markaccus is reaching unheard of levels of rage now. He’s apoplectic. The veins on his forehead are popping! In fact he even has veins on his teeth now! He’s going to blow any minute now lads. Just giving fair warning.

• 67 Markaccus // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Cyprus and Ibiza

Id go along with that. Not going to trouble the first team, but i do think you need a solid performer who can see out a tough game on the bench. Perch/jonas/raylor are that player. A calm head with experience.

• 68 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Now there’s a loaded question. How do I feel about male nipples or was it do I feel males nipples?

• 69 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Nay Ibizza! Absolutely not! Once Markaccus vents his wrath on mindshaft he will lead us to mipple fame and fortune (may I be the first to refer to them as mipples?).

• 70 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Bob Dylan once wrote a song about men’s nipples and it goes something like this:

“I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes/ You’d know what a drag it is to see you”

• 71 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Good evening ladies what are you lot moaning about tonight

• 72 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Raylor is very supportive of our many Man’s Lib projects as well. Doing us proud that lad!

• 73 mag // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Players like Raylor, Saylor and Williamson are decent Championship players as was Perch, Guthrie and Best. Newcastle United need more players like Remy,Sissoko, Gouffran and MrT, Debuchy to move to the next level.

• 74 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Pardew no doubt

• 75 toon kk // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Geordie two
    just had a look at this blog and you’ve had a great conversation with your self over the last hour or so! !!!!!!

• 76 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:13 PM

That link @68 is sick but very humorous Ibizza mate. :) I’m so pleased.

• 77 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Aye toon kk, Markaccus and I had to hold the fort for a while there. Then mindshaft came in and MarkHulkus appeared! Puny human!

• 78 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:15 PM

G2…And the music just works. Thought it relevant to the thread, well, where the thread has gone anyway.

So, anyone at all interested in the International friendlies tonight?

Aren’t England playing some two bit team from a nation of odd balls?

Hi Jesper mate, how’s things?

• 79 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM

MarkHulkus how are you feeling now mate? Has mindshaft been defeated? Your rage was quite understandable. He was completely out of order.

• 80 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:19 PM

The Danes will be as grapes between our toes Ibizza mate. They will be rendered squishy. No offense jesper but it’s inevitable mate. Long live mipples!

• 81 Harley // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:19 PM

On the stories today.

I’d sell santon for 10 million, I think dummet and Haidara are more than capable.

Never thought ferguson would make it, he’s too lightweight.

Also 7th place is totally achievable and I’d personally love Europa again.

• 82 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:20 PM

International friendlies are a waste of time, imagine England beating Brazil in a friendly then lose to somebody like San Marino in a qualifying match like I said waste of time.

• 83 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Ibiza…you are not playing playing one of the other GB nations are you? ;)

GT… From those grapes between your toes comes some of the finest wine ;) lol

ohh and that Dylan lyric applies to you two baboons as well!

• 84 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Nobody’s going to pay 10M for Santon Harley mate. Not sure about Dummett or Haidara yet either. I’ll be watching. We have a lot of work to do this summer. I’m ready and willing! By God I feel the power of Zeus rising in me (or was it those funny pills?)! Huzzah!

• 85 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Don’t worry jesper mate. Ibiza and I will be very sympathetic when your hordes are defeated!

• 86 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Not that Pardew will be asking me, but Dummett and Haidara can leave – I am keeping Santon ;)

• 87 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Jesper…Baboons? Please don’t flatter us!

Do you not rate either Dummett or Haidara then?

• 88 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Dummett and haidara can leave

What are you smoking

• 89 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:36 PM

You know, back when I was hunting rogue yams in Borneo with Ibiza we often reflected on the lack of nipple parity. Nothing has changed since then sad to say. :(

• 90 toon kk // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Good test for England tonight. Roy has them playing like Pards does with us.
    so who knows what could happen?

• 91 phatt knacker // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Raylors best years are sadly behind him now. Good to hear that he has kept his chin up and is involved in the youth/reserve set up. He always gave 100% and al always remember “over the wall” as a proper player.

• 92 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:41 PM

G2…You know I don’t remember much from that time of my life. I understand the drugs were good though.

• 93 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM

I mean women already have nipple tassels don’t they? Why can’t we have nipple tassels? Where’s the fairness? The equity? It’s an outrage!

• 94 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM

You never know pardew could become the next england manager, now that would be funny.

• 95 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Ibiza…I thought I had to choose ;)

• 96 Harley // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:44 PM

G2

Gonna have to disagree with you on santons value. I still think he’s held in high regard in Italy and he’s played a few internationals too since coming here. I think a big serie a club would see him as a good signing.

Totally not worth 10 million though.

• 97 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM

G2….Ermm…are they only for women? Don’t I feel silly.

Jesper…Well, a favourite maybe, the one you think is best, but there’s no need to banish the others :)

• 98 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Ibiza…I just heard everyone going Benny all over Santon and wanted to sell him!

…next thing Raylor is a fantastic player ;)

• 99 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Ibiza mate you always were ahead of your time! Wear them with pride lad! What a manly man! I’m so proud. Harley, Santon would have to lift his game by leaps and bounds mate. He has been so disappointing this season.

• 100 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Pardew for England welshie? I like it? Head butting other national team managers? Beautiful. We could call him The Ram!

• 101 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:54 PM

You see a female nipple here and there on the telly and everyone’s agog! Why no fuss for us? We have feelings. We need feedback. I’m incensed!

• 102 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:54 PM

If that’s the case he could do well with derby county

• 103 wolfshead@toon // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:56 PM

geordie

does your manly man range included male nipple rings mate?

• 104 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 7:58 PM

GeordieTwo

Pardew the next manager of France with zidane as his assistant

• 105 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Jesper…The gang goes Benny all over everybody’s ass! :)

Any talk of a new Sunny season?

I don’t think anyone said Raylor a fantastic player, a fantastic professional perhaps?

G2…Ahead of my time. That’s what I always tell people as they tweak away and laugh. It’s hard being a revolutionary.

• 106 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I like the look of both England and Denmark’s jersey! Simple and elegant. Just the way it should be. Beautiful.

• 107 wolfshead@toon // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM

ibiza
    is that tweak or twerk? ;-)

• 108 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Yes of course wolfie. Mipple rings are all the rage! Get them now mate (with Newcastle insignia). Only 7 euros each. Better than black and white tassels no matter what Ibiza says.

• 109 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Wolfie…it’s amazing how easily a tweak can turn in to a twerk and vice versa. Either way, their laughing remains the same.

G2….Better than black and white tassels? Behave. Tassels are liberating.

I’m so glad you’re about. I normally struggle to keep up in a testosterone filled football blog, but you have a way of keeping my on track ;)

• 110 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Nice to see some newcastle players in the England squad tonight

Dear me

• 111 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:08 PM

So may I summarize for the day then?
    1. We want, nay we insist upon mipple equality.
    2. MarkHulkus is truly fearsome.
    3. Ibiza likes mipple tweaking.
    4. We definitely support the Pardew for England movement. The Ram moves on.
    5. Jesper likes men in football uniforms.
    Beautiful.

• 112 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:09 PM

God it’s so boring on here tonight it’s like watching Wales play

• 113 toon kk // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I came up with the answer why Pards has started head butting, he knows we can’t score a goal with a header on the pitch so he thought he thought he would score one himself off it! !!!!!

• 114 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Well GeordieTwo there’s always one

• 115 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM

GT…I thought we owe it to the men in uniform to compliment them more often don’t you think so to? ;)

• 116 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:12 PM

G2…Likes? Come on now, don’t sell me short.

Anyway, time to order my curry and watch the football.

Until next time, stay perky and tasseled!

• 117 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM

They need a new uniform style to show off their mipples jesper mate. Remember, the future is now!

• 118 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM

*that’s gotta hurt :(

• 119 GeordieTwo // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Ok everyone, let’s watch the game and prepare to feel sorry for Jesper. :(

• 120 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Ibiza…you need to learn to cook your own curry mate ;)

• 121 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:16 PM

GT…I don’t think we will win, but I will gloat if we do mate ;) lol

• 122 Ketsbaia9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Mike Williamson should be in the england team.

• 123 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Jesper…I cook a pretty decent curry, it’s just the hotel kitchen don’t seem happy about me taking over their facilities :)

• 124 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Ibiza…are you still in the UK?

…and are you referring to your mom’s kitchen as a hotel? ;) lol

• 125 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:21 PM

122Ketsbaia9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Mike Williamson should be in the england team.

He deserves a chance, I bet you if he was playing for Liverpool he would be in the squad.

• 126 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:23 PM

welsh…with all due respect if Willo is in the Liverpool team he wouldn’t even make the bench!

• 127 Ibizatoon // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Jesper…I am indeed. Was supposed to leave yesterday, but had to delay and no I’m not, I’m referring to the hotels kitchen as the hotels kitchen :)

All ordered, 40 minutes. Damn it, need to go get some cash. It’s bloody cold outside. I hope my mipples will be okay.

Wish me luck!

• 128 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Luck!

• 129 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:27 PM

126jesperfuglsang – captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:23 PM

I would pick him over any of their central defenders, defending wise this season they have been crap.

• 130 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:29 PM

As for their bench they haven’t got many options.

• 131 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:31 PM

welsh…I fear you are building Willo up to something he is not mate!

…fair enough he has been consistent in our inconsistent team, but he is hardly adding anything to it, just doing the basics and doing them consistently ;)

• 132 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:42 PM

I’m just saying he’s better than liverpools central defense, they have made so many stupid mistakes, they would be on same points as Chelsea if they they had a decent defense and I think they have conceded more goals than the others fighting for the title.

As for the just doing the basics, Liverpool can’t even do that.

• 133 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:48 PM

welsh…who are they playing next to Agger these days?

• 134 burnsie // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:02 PM

the prodigal son has returned after 3 years away…….here i am!!!

• 135 Belfast // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:24 PM

We all love burnsie, it’s over the wall !

• 136 Belfast // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Finally safe to come out of protective custody, after the death threats from your days pretending to be Itk on twatter ?

Still makes me laugh every time ;-)

• 137 manxpie // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM

belfast you shoulda left that return post hanging for longer than that i actually seen tumble weed roll across the screen!

• 138 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I actually think you lot have alot to offer if you would just apply yourselves a bit more!

…Sturridge could be amazing if he would just focus ;)

• 139 Belfast // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Shut your noise manxpie.

No tumble weeds around here

• 140 manxpie // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:37 PM

jesper its a mystery and has been for years that players in the form of there lives for there teams turn to utter shite when they pull there england shirt on!
    except shearer ofcourse

• 141 Belfast // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Hate watching england at wembley, those kernts and their trumpets

• 142 mindshaft // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Looks like I’ve escaped the wrath of marcaccus so safe to put my head above the parapet – I prefer women’s nipples as they get more erect ,I need somewhere to hang my coat

• 143 Belfast // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Yay trumpet time

• 144 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

…and then Sturridge just went and applied himself ;)

• 145 manxpie // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM

thats another few million on lallanas price tag

• 146 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM

133jesperfuglsang – captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 8:48 PM

welsh…who are they playing next to Agger these days?

Yeah good question who have they got

• 147 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM

manx…there is alot of potential in your current team no doubt!

• 148 mindshaft // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM

How’s the England game ? I can’t even be arsed to watch them these days tho no doubt I will in WC

• 149 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM

welsh…Kolo Touré, Mamadou Sakho and Martin Škrtel it seems!

• 150 mindshaft // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Sadly there’ll be no toon interest in England squad and I dislike Gerrard, Rooney and co so will prob support France unless we somehow scrape through our group and play them

• 151 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

mindshaft …you have played a great game I think. I bit sloppy, but definitely potential there!

• 152 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I rest my case, I would still have Williamson in the team than those 3 players.

• 153 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Anyway wales won tonight

World Cup champions here we come

• 154 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Well not this world cup

• 155 manxpie // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:50 PM

agger isn’t gettin a game for liverpool its skertal n toure

jesper aye but this world cups gonna be an embarressment i feel

• 156 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:52 PM

manx…if you get the balance right and Sturridge will rise to the challenge I think you lot can surprise!

• 157 mindshaft // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Thanks jesper – I play a great game as I ignore pard’s tactics :)

• 158 manxpie // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM

welsh england or international football infact needs a CB to do the basics and consistantly
    willo should get a chance god knows how smalling is classed as a no1 CB for england!!

• 159 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM

mindshaft…and so you should ;)

• 160 Ketsbaia9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I think Willos better than Franco Baresi.

• 161 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Totally agree

• 162 Blofal // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Curtis Good just played very well for Australia against Ecuador…. but he picked up a strain at around 65mins and had to come off.

• 163 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Ketsbaia9

You taking the ………….

• 164 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Must say Schmeichel surprised me alot tonight; really commanding and like a brick wall :)

• 165 manxpie // Mar 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM

nah jesper i wish i had your optimism!
    we don’t seem to pick form players at all
    cleverly has been shocking all season still picked
    huddleston been cracking most of the season not given a chance and theres plenty of other instances

decent look for the future tho just not this world cup lol

• 166 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Hello is anybody there

Can I borrow some sugar

• 167 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:10 PM

What did you call me

• 168 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I didn’t call you anything

• 169 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Muppett

• 170 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM

I heard that

• 171 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM

You the muppet you can’t even spell it

• 172 welshgeordie9 // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Right I’m bored now, nobody on

See you tomorrow

• 173 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:45 PM

So when does the night shift come on?

• 174 geordie157 // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I’d keep Raylor for the time being, good pro and have now problem with him being on the bench as he can play in several positions. All good sides need a couple of versatile players who aren’t world beaters but do a job.

Just take a look at Man U they have plenty of them!! At least Cleverley didn’t get on the pitch for England, most over rated player for a long time.

• 175 jimmysmith // Mar 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM

It’s a shame about John Terry, getting all miffed about ending up in the dock and crucified by the media and hung out to dry by the FA and all that. C’mon Pal, its the Three Lions, it’s the World Cup, wash ya mouth out with soap, don your English blazer and shiny new cap and get on that fuggen plane fella. Chris friggin Smalling, Jesus.

previous post: Local Lad Has Natural Left Foot – He’s A Powerful Player