Ryan Taylor – He’s Got A Brilliant Attitude

Ryan Taylor has been one of the unluckiest players in football over the last almost two years, when he suffered a severe ACL knee injury against Atromitos in August of 2012, and then last April when he was almost ready to return to playing again, he picked up another ACL injury in training.

ryan taylor sunderland goal

Ryan Taylor – on August 20th, 2011
After scoring sensational winner against Sunderland

That’s so unlucky, but fingers crossed – Ryan will be fit and ready to go in early July –  when pre-season will start.

The 29-year-old has been working with the Newcastle U21 side, where he is able to pass on his experience and expertise to the youngsters.

Certainly Peter Beardsley is thankful of having Ryan’s help, and Peter had this to say on nufcTV:

“Ryan has taken a real interest in the reserves, and obviously he is injured at the moment.” “I would think you would probably see him more and more.”

“He loves it. He’s a big help to us because he plays the game, and he can give the kids his knowledge.” “He has got a brilliant attitude, as we all know, so it’s a pleasure for us to have him with us.”

Ryan was signed in January of 2010 from Wigan during our promotion season, in an exchange deal involving Charles N’Zogbia, who went the other way and Newcastle also got £6M in cash in addition to Ryan.

Ryan is a very popular player on Tyneside and he’s played 91 times so far for Newcastle with 10 goals, and some of those have been great – especially from free kicks.

The most famous of those was the winner at the Stadium of Light in August 2011 against Sunderland, when he scored in the second half,  direct from a free kick.

We hope Ryan can get back in the side for next season, and we need his free kicks – with Yohan Cabaye having left the club.

Note: James Sands is a long time reader of the blog, and he is running the Brighton marathon on April 9th on behalf of the Stroke Association – James’ target is £750 in donations, which can be made here – please help if you can.

• mag

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Move him on!

• G

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I was forgetting that Ryan Taylor was on our books. I suppose now that Cabaye has left, he is our best set piece taker again.

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:44 PM

On last article…

Santon cant cross with his Left foot. He is weak defensively. Dummet, haidara or mym are better left backs imho.
    Santon for me should be back up RB, or even used sometimes as a winger.

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Quiet here today…

• G

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Too right it’s quiet. The usual crowd on here at this time must have got detention or something?

• Scottiedog

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM

@ 1

Jog on you idiot!!!!!!

• mindshaft

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Raylor is not going to displace Debuchy even in his prime and I think I’d rather see M’Biwa at RB if Debuchy is out
    Personally I always thought of Raylor as a squad player who was good at set piece deliveries – rest of his game was fairly average imo – I doubt he’ll reach that peak even when fully fit as the ACL injuries means he’ll have lost a little pace

• Scottiedog

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM

@ 7
    That’s what everyone said about Williamson!! Raylor is a very good player that control the game and IMO I would rather have him in the team than Santon.
    Sometimes you have to have players that can do a job and Santon in my opinion does not know if he is a LB or a Winger hence why he gets caught out,

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM

G

Maybe half of them are taking legal advice on how to bring criminal charges to Pardew, and the other half are sorting oit NUFC’s finances 😀

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I’m in trouble on here for being too negative but I just tell it like I see it. The idea of giving Ashley more time after 7 years of his bollocks does bother me I must admit. He’s not going to change and we’re not going to be any more competitive than we are now as far as I can see. He feels he has the balance right now. One in and one out as long as we get more for the sale than we have to spend for the new player, his wage, and his agent’s fee. That will never work. And our commercial revenue is a total joke as many have now pointed out.

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Did I say Harrumph yet? Ryan Taylor? A good lad apparently but after such a serious knee injury will he ever fully recover? Not young anymore. Probably never a starter from now on. We have far more pressing matters to deal with Ashley.

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Evening G2

Harrumph indeed. Ashley must go now, for any chance of positive change.

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Evening Mr. kaccus. I’m hearing rumours you have a voodoo doll of Mike in your secret footy room. Have you got enough pins? Chicken blood? Is there anything else I can send you to help out mate?

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Why does everything go dead when i speak

i am the blog reaper maybe.

MAYBE I SHOULD TALK IN CAPITAL LETTERS FROM NOW ON
    (Readers of discworld will understand)

• G

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:53 PM

@14, presumably that means you own a white horse called Binky?

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I’m talking to you Markaccus mate. You can count on me. Huzzah!

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM

G2

I am ok for chicken blood. I could do with some finger bones to forsee his future though. I can never get enough pins. The size of ashley and therefore the resulting rather portly voodoo doll means i have a lot of suface area to prick

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:56 PM

G2

Yes, Binky is in his stable right now. Mort still pops over to feed sugar lumps to him now and then.

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Nobody understands you like I do Markaccus. Your budgie fetishes. Your voodoo dolls. Your secret rooms. Your love of Ashley. Your trilby. Your magnificent chest hair and flared nostrils. You are a truly powerful presence on here. Did I mention your aura is awesome today?

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:58 PM

What’s that about Ashley being a prick Markaccus mate? Oh and it was G who asked you about Binky. Don’t confuse him with G2. I have a number, he doesn’t (he’s quite jealous).

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Actually, if i was going to be a Discworld character, it would either be Moist vin Lipwig because he is resourceful and eventually lands on his feet, or of course Sam Vimes.

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:02 PM

G

sorry i am confusing my own abbreviations 😀

G2

Sorry mate. I have the aura of a manly man. It is that time in the lunar cycle where people revere me and dispair!

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Moist, that’s an interesting name. I prefer Ms. Nubbins but Moist isn’t bad (sniff).

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Stop that Ms. Nubbins! I’m trying to make tremendous bloggery right now! Harrumph!

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Yes your reverence we do revere you Markaccus. I do not despair however. I may press wild flowers now and then but a manly heart beats in this chest.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Your plume is tremendous at this time of year as well Markaccus. Bright purple it is. Outshines the Northern Lights. Joanna Lumley will be over to have a look at it any time now.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:09 PM

It’s a little eerie being on here talking to myself. Hmmm. Ah well the conversation is excellent so far! 🙂

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:10 PM

You know who else has a brilliant attitude? I do! Here I am keeping up a tremendous flow of bloggery with little or no help! Beautiful.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hello? Is anyone out there? Halloooo? Don’t tease lads. It’s cruel. Blog on with me dudes and dudettes.

• Markaccus

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Aurora Markialaccus.

The Markaccus lights

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Does anybody else admire The Dude? You know Jeff The Dude Lebowski? An icon. A true role model for his generation (and mine). Beautiful.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Well we clearly have the place to ourselves Markaccus mate. Anything else you want to share with me? We could both have a beverage and really discuss the big questions in life.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Do you have a carpet that really ties the room together Markaccus? Are you into Zen and mysticism as well as budgie fondling and voodoo? Where do you stand on offshore fishing?

• mindshaft

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Markaccus / Geordie – you’re clearly not cut out to be a comedy duo so why inflict pain on the rest of us

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Why thanks mindshaft. Why don’t you contribute something to the blog then? Too busy? Too intelligent for us? What is it that’s holding you back mate?

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:25 PM

That’s it mindshaft? How to pluck a pheasant? This threesome clearly isn’t working out.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Now you’ve done it mindshaft. You’ve brought the wrath of the Markaccus on yourself. This could get ugly.

• dufuss

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:31 PM

it been dramatised on radio4 extra

• G

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Funny you should mention the dude G2, been listening to a fair bit of Creedence tonight.

1 2 3 5