Pardew’s Pal Jose Mourinho Admits He Makes Mistakes Too

Well would you believe it – the special one – no other than Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has not only defended his good friend Alan Pardew – but Jose has admitted he makes mistakes too.

Well I never.

alan pardew jose mourinho

Mourinho and Pardew last year when Newcastle walloped Chelsea 2-1

Jose was giving his press conference for the late kick off game against Tottenham at Stamford Bridge tomorrow, and was asked about Alan Pardew’s head butt of David Meyler last Saturday.

This is what Jose said:

“I spoke with Alan a couple of hours after the incident and he knows he made a mistake, and knows he has to pay for it.”

“I prefer to stay with the good friend than the mistake.” “The problem is the human nature, and the human nature is open to mistakes. I made mistakes too. I paid for mistakes.”

“In my case, the biggest punishment is you to recognize yourself you made a mistake, that you feel it – the self-blame.”

Alan  will have a personal hearing sometime next week with the three-man FA commission, after which a punishment will be given out to the Newcastle manager.

Alan Pardew is likely to get a touchline ban for a number of games, but we are hoping it’s not a stadium ban, which would mean he couldn’t attend the games, and that would be a huge punishment for Newcastle United – an unfair punishment.

But some in the English media are saying that Pardew should get that level of punishment.

We would expect Alan to get around a six game touchline ban and a huge fine – and the fine would be based on his wages – which are around £2M a year at Newcastle.

What do you think?

• IITianToon

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Just finished watching the Hull game and noticed that LDJ won almost EVERY header in that game. Plus his bringing the ball down and holding it up for teammates is excellent. We really should sign him come the summer, irrespective of goal tally! Also increases our chances of getting Siem.

• IITianToon

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Jose ‘EyeGouger’Mourinho
    Alan ‘BuutHead’ Pardew
    Any other darting names for EPL managers?

• G

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:56 PM

+1 @ Post 1

• Ciaran

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Studsy from previous thread

You clearly do not know me well enough if you think I am that easily silenced. I do not need lessons in how to be more tolerant, I simply do not agree with your wait and see attitude. I have formed my opinion and use the facts at hand to form a conclusion, as opposed to constantly sitting on the fence.

It is easy to take the moral high-ground in an argument when you fail to pick a side. You simply risk making yourself look like a flake who cannot make up his mind.

I will remind you of this conversation at the close of the transfer window. Surely that will be enough time for you to ‘wait and see’

I guess we’ll have to…wait and see.

• NUFCKingALLdWAY

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Wasn’t the chelsea game 2-O

I don’t recall chelsea scorng against us

• studsy

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Ciaran

Please do remind me – I will by that time have certainly got a good idea of if i think ashley should stay or go. As was my original statement many posts ago.

However, you still didn’t answer the questions i posted to you earlier. I am not trying to battle with your opinion of thinking the club would be better off without ashley. I’m simply telling you why, in my opinions, I think the best time to make that decision is after the summer window.

I can accept everyone’s opinions, because they are exactly that, their personal thoughts on something. And they are obviously reached by fulfilling or negating certain personal criteria.

Its wrong to try and ‘re-educate’ people into believing their own opinions are wrong.

• cornishman

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Me too. Only missing a goal from a great performance, he,s looking sharper with each game and hopefully the goals will come too.

• seantoon

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:53 PM

If there such close mates why doesn’t he sell us Demba back and let us have Hazards brother on loan next season 🙂

• toonking

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:56 PM

ruddy
    the way we went about business in the last two transfer windows, the reappointment of JFK still doesn’t seem to be enough reasoning for why Ashley is totally useless in some peoples minds however, if in the summer transfer window we continue to act like we have in the last 2 summer transfer windows. If ashley still has backers on this blog some might think they are just mackems who are backing him.

• toonking

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:00 PM

the point being that this summer should be the last chance because the way stories are going about at the minute, we are facing a big clear out in the summer and this squad is thin enough as it is so we should not be expecting a clear out unless we are going to spend lots of money on lots of players.

• Ciaran

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Studsy

When two opposing points of view are met, and a debate ensues, it only serves to further entrench the point of view that was initially held.

You say it is wrong of me, or others, to try and ‘re-educate’ others to a certain way of thinking. Expand upon what you are doing in your dealings with me, you are, in essence, trying to ‘re-educate’ me on how to have a debate.

Studsy, I make my points on a blog, I hope people read them and take something from them. Their main aim is not to actually engage people in debate, it is to assert why I think my opinion is the correct one.

Yes, I do think my opinion is the correct one, but I am open to having that challenged. As of yet, I have not been met with enough evidence to challenge that viewpoint other than those who wish to ‘wait and see’

I initially told you that I think the ‘wait and see’ approach is inherently wrong and is as bad as those who defend Ashley, which is why I am coming across as relatively embattled and exasperated at you, simply because there is no logic in your viewpoint. You make your points eloquently but to claim that it is only now AFTER 7 YEARS where we can truly judge Ashley, is simply mind boggling.

If I need to explain why that opinion is so alien, mental and down right wrong to you then we cannot have a balanced conversation.

You need time to wait and see. I do not. I know Ashley is not good for the future of our football club. You have yet to reach that conclusion. I am merely playing a waiting game.

• toon kk

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

All these rumours about a mass of players leaving and loads of money maybe being spent is exactly that “Rumours”.
    One thing that is a cirt Mash won’t be over spending.
    We’ll probably take a step back next season.

• wolfshead@toon

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM

jose isnt perfect then :-0

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Almost as perfect as our very own silver fox

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I declare this blog closed for tonight!

• jimmysmith

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I think the money will go back in but will be diluted across the board, facilities, academy, wages on new and existing players, etc. It’ll be essentially more of the same and the owner will likely continue to pay himself back at times and of course other clubs will have extra monies too.

Can see us pushing up to sixth in time but no higher with this model, which is still a bit deflating at best when you consider the owner has already been here 7 years and put us through the ringer numerous times and has a personal fortune that he couldn’t possibly spend in a thousand lifetimes and certainly isn’t going to fritter away.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Jimmy the blog is closed mate!

…try again tomorrow 😉

• Tsunki

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM

I bet it’s open.

• Ciaran

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM

It would be arrogant of me (as it was of Studsy) to assume that because he has not replied to my point that I have ‘silenced’ him and have emerged victorious…

• Belfast

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Shut up jesper

• Belfast

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Or I’ll set my irish wolfhound called Ibiza on you

• Belfast

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:04 PM

My prediction is a ten game ban.

5 game stadium ban, and five touchline

• Belfast

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Pull down the shutters.

• Ciaran

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Think we’re closed for this evening Belfast, you can call Time of Death on this one.

• Oldgit1

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM

As Ed states the press is glamouring for AP to have a stadium ban as are some of the so called supporters on this blog. To all of you get a fcuking life. It’s always us against the southern press but I’m more disappointed with some of the wild comments made on this site.

Don’t you realise we are on our own up here it’s us against the southerners, media even the FA are gunning for us.

I’m quite happy with the job AP is doing (except for the cup games) but do believe that Ashley is pulling the strings with regards these cup games as he does not want a big squad,

I also believe that as we only made 9.5 mil profit , there was no chance we were going to buy any player with the transfer fee, agents fee plus wages was going to put us in the red.

I do feel sorry for AP, he is the only one taking the stick, he has to be the front man because there is no one else making any noises or making statements. He has been left out to be hung and dried.

Give the man a break, we ain’t going to get a new manager so would suggest he is supported as are the players.

H w t l

• Belfast

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Oldgit just rescued it ruddy. I was just about to pull the plug..

• Ciaran

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Oldgit

I know where you’re coming from in the sense that the media give us enough grief without creating grief for ourselves, but regardless of whether it was a NUFC manager or a manager of another team, what Pardew did was wrong and he deserves to be punished for that. However, I wouldn’t want to see him being made an example of.

Some people have a vendetta against Pardew, I for one have made my peace with him due to the fact that he will not be leaving any time soon, however, he willingly trots out to the camera to be used as Mike Ashley’s puppet through the trout lipped Wendy ‘Goebbels’ Taylor, head of media at SJP.

More principled men than Pardew have held the managerial hot-seat while Ashley has been in charge, 1 walked away, and the other was pushed out of the job. If Pardew had a backbone either of those 2 scenarios would have played out by now. Alas, he is still our manager.

I have no sympathy for Pardew, and he deserves whatever ban is thrown his way. He brought our club into disrepute, however what would be newsworthy is someone bringing our club into repute…

• Ciaran

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Belfast

That could have been a lawsuit on our hands…wonder where Blackley is to give us the whole legal run down on our liability had you pulled the plug too early?

• jimmysmith

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:25 PM

I think there’s an element in the largely southern based media that are just sensationalist across the board, and a larger section again that are poorly informed and dismissive of Newcastle, mainly I suppose because we aren’t a large part of their readership. Don’t see any specific anti Toon agenda beyond that.

As far Pardew, he was a dumbass there, and he like the rest of us will have to take whatever comes on the chin, assuming whatever that is, is within reasonable bounds, even if severe.

• Belfast

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:30 PM

No need to worry about blackley, he’s in his padded cell after a tough week.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:38 PM

fools -he’ll appear quicker than a rash on Ibiza’s bollocks.

• Ciaran

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Belfast

He’s probably plotting with Ian, Carl and Pushy on how to seek vengeance on old Tuffers.

Tuff

You reckon it’s like Beetlejuice? Say his name too many times and he appears?

• Mister Tuff

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:49 PM

he’ll be monitoring -a classic case though of , perhaps through no fault of his own -that you have to be aware of a whole load of ancillary areas other than the direct subject matter, that other issues may come into play. I was tempted to point out the liability issues in respect of pitch invasion versus Section 5 and then introduce “mens rea” and “actus reus” – but thought twice about it.

• Belfast

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Blackleyjuice
    Blackleyjuice
    Blackleyjuice

• jimmysmith

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Blackley pumped out a slew of posts in rapid succession there, that didn’t help his cause, I reckon. In my opinion, he should take a time out, gather his thoughts and write one final cogent, erudite post.

I think he has a fair point and one worth raising, unfortunately too often undermined by some seemingly outlandish references and parallels, however, contrary to what some have said on here, it was and still is a very interesting issue, at least I think so.

• Belfast

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:57 PM

I agree Jimmy.

I’d love him to explain it one more time, just for old times sake.

• Ciaran

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Tuff

I find it hilarious when he goes off on his legal tangents. You clearly have a practical understanding of many elements of the law, I myself have a theoretical understanding of the law as I study it on a daily basis and I found some of his comments outlandish to the nth degree, but thought better of wading in, as you were clearly capable of dealing with it.

Nonsense really, but entertaining nonsense.

• expatmag

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Hello TUFf

you still being blackleyed?

• beermonkey

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Ciaran @37
    I don’t think the blog could have taken another person wading in the whole blog would have ground to a halt

I did like ur comment in 27 about making ur peace with pards as it were
    I was in the pub and it got round to pards and the head nudge most thought it was something and nothing there a varied bunch from man u liverfool and London based teams, I dislike pards and had a little rant
    of which none could see my point on stuff given where we are in league (where we should be) the 5th place and only last years disaster as a blot, and the owner
    and really none of them are wrong
    so i to have sort of made peace but he will infuriate me again before the end of the season so it wont last long 🙂

its like long distance travel we would all like to arrive in chauffer driven limo, but alas pards is a national express coach but we do get there in the end