Settled Newcastle Star Could Still Leave This Summer

Newcastle United’s Italian left-back Davide Santon has lost his place in the Newcastle side to local lad Paul Dummett, who has played well over the last two and a half games, since he replaced Davide at half time in the game against Tottenham.

davide santon girlfrined and babay

Davide Santon with beautiful girlfriend and beautiful daughter Sienna
He’s settled on Tyneside – we can see that

Santon had a nightmare first half in that game, as he also had in the previous home game against Sunderland, when he was also yanked off at half time and replaced by Paul Dummett.

And there’s news in the Chronicle today that Santon will now talk to Alan Pardew this summer about his future.

A close friend of Santon has said this:

“Davide is very happy at Newcastle.”  “He is looking forward to sitting down at the end of the season to discuss his future.”

Of course it helps that Davide has a Geordie girlfriend, and they had a baby girl last June – Sienna – and that certainly has helped the 23 year-old settle down on Tyneside.

But being right footed in the left back position makes him too predictable when he moves forward, and he always tries to get the ball onto his right foot.

Paul Dummett and young French U21 International Massadio Haidara are both natural left footed players, and Newcastle seem to look more balanced when one of these lads is playing at left back.

Davide has been rested over the last couple of games because of a slight knee injury he has picked up, but he’s likely to be on the bench  a week tomorrow, when we play Fulham at Craven Cottage, and hopefully we can get our third win in a row.

It wouldn’t surprise us too much if Newcastle decide to cash in on the Italian International this summer, given the cover we now have at left-back.

What do you think?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Don’t know if anyone is listening to BBC radio 5 Live phone in on Owners/Foreign owners of Football Clubs
    Interesting !!!!!

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Some potential good news on Remy with QPR announcing massive loses
    If promoted they are apparently facing huge fines (£50 mil being quoted in the red tops ) and regardless of being in the PL or championship they need to ship out up to 20 players to get there finances back in check

Obviously it doesn’t mean he wants to sign perms malt but hopefully it means QPR won’t be able to hold clubs to ransom over the fee as all clubs will know they simply need the lad off the books ASAP

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Really don’t want QPR to get promoted. Will help us to get Remy and I don’t like QPR…

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Been a while since I’ve been free and able to get tickets but I’m going to take my girlfriend and her brother to the Fulham game. Sadly I’ll be sitting in the Fulham end…

• Thump

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I’m curious… now that Yeung has been found guilty, what happens to the club?

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Thump
    Seems nobody knows mate
    There supporters trust is just baffled, no one in the club knows what will happen as it’s solely in the hands of Yeungs holding company and the PL and FA are about to face a serious boll0cking over how he passed the fit and proper persons test

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:14 AM

DarnSarf
    That’s gutting! Especially at Fulham, there Del Boy away stand always makes for a great atmosphere as it is literally rocking!

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Been there a couple of times before and had a great time. But it’s not easy to get tickets! Also, I’m meeting up with a friend of mine in a pub before the game…who is a Fulham fan…so we’re meeting in a Fulham pub…

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:21 AM

DarnSarf
    Remember having to sit on the home fans at a spurs game
    We won
    It’s was a painful experience to say the least!!!

But yeah Fulham fans are generally a decent bunch, done a lot of work a few years back for Alain Goma who was a top top bloke and used to get us tickets to the toon Fulham games and always came and met you for a fee drinks after the game

• jazzyp

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Tads
    Just read about qpr and they sound f@cked mate to put it politely.I think if we can squeeze into europe, that may have a big say on where Remy may end up
    Encouraging words from Debs today and will surely give incoming players that little extra push in to joining Nufc

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:29 AM

TADS

Nice. A few years ago a company I worked for bought 4 Fulham season tickets to take clients to. As they were based in London there was huge demand for games against Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd but less so on the other ones. As luck would have it, one of the few companies that I was working with had an MD who was also a Toon fan. When I asked him if I wanted to go, he told me he had a spare ticket for the away end instead. 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:30 AM

JazzyP
    Yeah there in the brown stuff big time and tbh promotion looks a stretch as well!
    There’s going to be an absolute fire sale there at the end of the season and tbh I’ve been feeling increasingly optimistic about getting Remy

He seems to enjoy playing here and if we can at least grab 7th/8th think we could get him

Tbf they have a couple of players i wouldn’t mind nabbing, mainly the players they have loaned out!

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM

TDS
    Nothing better than a free ticket 😉
    It is getting harder tbf to get tickets with increasing membership prices

• Thump

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:32 AM

@toonarmydownsouth: That’s a bit worrying. I hope whatever is going to happen, happens quickly and the club isn’t too affected by it on the pitch (at least).

@TDS: Fulham fans are a brilliant group. When I was in London there was a group of fans who would regularly meet up at a pub not too far from us. Always had a lot of time for those lads!

• catchy in norway

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:35 AM

toonarmydownsouth

lol

or there owner could come up with some amazing sponsorship deal

I think its utter madness how much some clubs are spending,

and on that note, I have no problem with Ashley being tight with his money, ( and by that I mean all the seasons before this one).

I look at how much some of the struggling teams pay for players then watch them play and wonder why they paid such a high fee for them, all in all I think we have got some cracking players at very good prices.

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Thump
    Sad that one person can effect a clubs outcome like that
    Sadly not sure on the repercussions to the club but if in limbo over ownership god knows
    Could lead to points deductions, transfer embargo’ stage full works mate
    Horrible situation

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Catchy
    The QPR owners? They already have the sponsorship deal and seem to be rapidly losing interest mate
    There’s spending then there’s QPR
    No ones saying go out and drop £12 mil + 100 grand a week wages on has beens like samba

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:41 AM

TADS

And if I want 3 tickets (going with my girlfriend and her brother), then it would cost a fortune I imagine, if it’s even possible. No way will I get tickets to see Newcastle play Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal so I would have to get membership on the off chance of being able to go to Fulham and/or Palace? Bit expensive and a bit ridiculous.

• Average_Contents

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I get to go to anfield and goodison when we play them as I’m living in Liverpool with the missus who is an ardent red along with the rest of her family! The only plus side is her uncle used to play for Liverpool and her other uncle used to manage the Everton under 21’s so freebies all round when it comes to match days against us 🙂 I haven’t been to SJP since we thrashed the scum 5-1 and won’t be going again anytime soon!

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Thump

We’re meeting in the White Horse in Parsons Green apparently. Then we’ll walk to the ground from there. Luckily I don’t have a Geordie accent so nobody will suspect that I’ve got a Toon top under my jumper… 🙂

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Used to go to Liverpool a lot as my Granddad was friends with one of the old directors. I was even bought a Liverpool scarf at one point. Never felt right though…so I spent a few years in limbo following football but not supporting a team. Then I found it… 🙂

• Average_Contents

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Found what? Despair and suffering 😉 I worked hard in turning my son into a toon supporter at the age of 4, with her family all being reds it was a titanic battle to say the least ( think along the lines of 300 and you wouldn’t be far off) but nevertheless I achieved it! Yay me! but now I’m thinking was it the right thing to subject him to the shenanigans of SJP as he is only 5 now but does far to much worrying and is very intellectual for his years, a decision I fear I may come to regret 🙁

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM

My parents are City fans, My Granddad and 3 branches of that side of the family are Liverpool fans and the other branch are Man Utd fans. Just think how much glory I could have had if I had just followed someone in my family. Instead I decided to pick a team that felt right to me…oh well!

Still, it will make it a lot sweeter when we do finally win something!

• Average_Contents

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I was also thinking of trying to turn my daughter who is 3 into a toon although I fear I maybe too late with her as she adores her grandad and hangs off every word he says! But she does touch the ceiling as I bring her downstairs and says hway d ladsssss which gives me hope 🙂

• Average_Contents

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Sounds harsh tds, lots of ribbing I should imagine m8 but I followed my heart too as the old man is a potter and my mum isn’t into football so I had the pick myself, although another toon fan who got converted by myself was my little bro so 2-0 to me in the fan making stakes which is quite an achievement considering I’m not a native

• Average_Contents

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I should work for the marketing department at SJP with my own specialist unit who’s job it is to turn people into die hard toon fans 😉

• Average_Contents

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Who was the poster who said there would be more chance of Steve Mcmahon taking over than Vince? Any takers? Wasn’t so long ago around the time of the rumours it was?

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM

My Mum hasn’t been much of a football fan for as long as I can remember, but she’s suddenly remembering that my Dad converted her to be a Man City fan about 40 years ago. Funny that she seemed to remember this about 2 years ago…

• Wayayman

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Needed a bit of cheering up and just managed to get the last 2 seats together at Fulham in the neutral end for me and my son. He’s 11 and it will be his first away game. He’s Toon mad, despite being brought up in London and going to school with some Arsenal players kids. The spuds fans at his school gave him grief all week after that horror show, poor sod.
    I’m a Byker lad, so get home as often as possible and we see games up there a few times a season. I’ve told him how different away games are, that there’s a lot more atmosphere and things might get a bit sweary…

Fulham is a good place to watch a game, good set of fans and a small, intimate ground which is easy to get to and from. The total opposite of places like west ham.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Wayayman

Neutral end? How did you manage that? And how much did they cost?

• Wayayman

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM

£40 adults, £20 kids. Look at the Fulham website, there were a few singles left. Putney end is classed as ‘mixed’ but it’s always taken over by us.

• Wayayman

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM

We got seats AA62/63 and theres another two together on that row plus two singles near it.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Wayayman

Damn. Didn’t realise that. But then I needed 3 tickets together so maybe that was why I didn’t see them. Same price but we’re sitting with the Fulham fans! Luckily I don’t have a Geordie accent so I’ll get away with it!

• Wayayman

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:33 AM

You’ll be right. The White Horse is a great pub too, a bit pricey though. Look out for the locals wearing red trousers with their jumpers tossed casually over their shoulders

• Average_Contents

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Yes tds sounds abit fishy to me 😉

Wayayman

I feel your pain as I said earlier I feel I’ve led my son into the lions den regarding the toon with him being a scouser n all but it will make a man of him 🙂 currently in a disagreement with the missus regarding his first football match as I want it to be at SJP but she feels it might be abit overwhelming for the poor lad so she suggested I along with her father and brother take him to a tranmere home game as her uncle is currently in charge of the first team due to Ronnie Moore’s suspension, although a good idea because said games would be free with all the,trimmings I’m reluctant to agree as I want him to experience the same as the classic SBR quote. Plus it won’t be for a few more years yet until he samples SJP I think, due to mashleys stranglehold on the club and my unwillingness to go until he leaves 🙂

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Wayayman

Ha! I’m meeting with and sitting near a Fulham supporting friend of mine too, should be fun. We’ll just have a couple of drinks in the pub beforehand and stroll down to the ground. I reckon I’ll be wearing my Toon top underneath but will have to curb the celebrations when we keep banging them in… 🙂

• Rotonda heights

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM

TDS

Don’t tempt fate!!

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Rotonda

Yeah. Knowing my luck the first game I go this season and the first game my girlfriend and her brother have ever been to will be a dull 0-0…

I was going to suggest meeting up with anyone who is also going from this blog but not possible as I’m going with others…

• Rotonda heights

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

have never seen what the hype about santon is all about.. Poor defensively, often out of position al la saylor and contributes next to nothing going forward. If converted to a midfielder or attacker the next gareth bale – I don’t think so!!

• rex

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I like to see the cockney teams relegated I hope fulham go down