The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Sisssoko Upbeat About Newcastle’s Future

8:51 am, Friday, March 7th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 6 Comments

Moussa Sissoko had a great game last Saturday, and the 6’2″ powerhouse of a player got two very good goals, and was simply awesome in the game at Hull City.

moussa sissoko goal hull with remy

Moussa Sissoko being congratulated by Loic Remy

Alan Pardew has Moussa playing on the right wing for Newcastle, where he can make those strong runs, and the French International also tracks back well on defense.

And the 14 times capped French International always puts in a good shift for Newcastle, and he’s the only player to start every single league game for the club this season.

This is what Moussa has said today in the local press:

“I am very happy because I scored two goals.”  “The team won the game so we are all very happy.”  “We work hard together.” “We are playing very well and the game was very good.”

“The most important thing is we won.”  “We have more confidence and we need to work hard again for the last 10 games.” “I will need to try to play very well and after that I need to help my team, to work very hard.”

“Then maybe I can go to the World Cup.”

France face Switzerland, Honduras and Ecuador in the World Cup. and it’s certainly an easier group than England, who have Italy, Ukraine and Costa Rica.

We’d be surprised if England can get through their group – but you never know of course with England.

Moussa played in central midfield when he was at Toulouse, but Pardew has mainly used him as a wide man, and he can always play central midfield when required, either attacking or defending.

When Yohan left we had thought that maybe the manager would switch Sissoko into Yohan’s position, but Vurnon Anita has come in and is doing very well.

The Dutch International also had a good game last Saturday, and scored his very first league goal in the last minute at Hull City.

Newcastle are in a decent position after two wins in a row, and now we need to keep winning games – but that’s always easier said than done in the Premier League – but Moussa certainly seems upbeat about things.

Tags: Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Premier League · World Cup 2014

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 G // Mar 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I never saw MS as a player who could play wide, having always seen him play through the centre. I must admit though, after a ropey start he is really impressing on the wing.

• 2 firebug666 // Mar 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I love the relationship that has developed with Sissoko and Debuchy on the right wing, thw way the complement each other is fantastic to watch. I also like the way Remy and de Jong are connecting upfront, and hope they both stay because I can see a deadly partnership there that will terrify defences next season.

• 3 Markaccus // Mar 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Sometimes we worry as fans when players are out of position, but for some reason, Socks seems to play well there. Stats suggest his support play and creativity is thriving, and if he starts getting into the box when we attack down the other side, like he did last week, i see no reason to change anything.

• 4 Mister Tuff // Mar 7, 2014 at 9:23 AM

I hope Sissoko gets consistency into his game. Historically, whilst at Toulouse – it appears he had good games then poor games -regularly. To become more consistent would take his game to another level. The raw power of this guy is amazing.
    On the subject of the Percy criminal proceedings debate -the subject in my opinion was a legitimate blog debate as it is about NUFC. Some finer points were discussed which I’m sure informed readers of the blog -thus increasing their understanding of the process. However the debate became repetitive and labourious – I do not need to explain that further, we all know why -but there seemed to be a consensus that most were in agreement that Percy overstepped the mark -and that the cops had acted correctly in not taking proceedings against Percy -thereby allowing the FA to commence their enquiry.

• 5 Markaccus // Mar 7, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I wonder if HBA could do well feeding off LDJ. I know it means playing without an orthodox No.9 but if HBA plays in behind LDJ, it gives him a mote attacking role than if he plays behind 2 strikers or as part of a front 3. Might be worth a try if Remy doesnt stay and fatty doesnt spend.

• 6 Malta Mag // Mar 7, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Percy? Pard who?
    In the bigger picture Alan Pardew has been given a vote of confidence. The club would have been in their right to get rid of him without paying a penny yet by giving him a 100K fine and “drawing a line” under the matter they have endorsed his position. In addition over 70% of fans voted for him NOT to be sacked??? Is this the same man you constant whingers reckon has lost the support and insist on this juvenile name calling? Joey Barton described him as one of the best managers he’s worked with? Could the tide be turning for “the silver Fox?”

previous post: Player’s Comments Will Help Newcastle In Transfer Market