Is English Media Overreacting to Pardew’s Latest Altercation?

The English media have reacted strongly to Newcastle manager Alan Pardew’s latest altercation on the touchline, and we wonder if the media have been over-reacting just a little bit. with some calling for him to be out of football altogether for the rest of the season.

alan pardew clsoe-up

Alan Pardew – still waiting for personal hearing

They could be right, and we are taking a pulse of what Newcastle fans think – so let us know.

Is English Media Overreacting To Pardew's Latest Touchline Altercation?

• Yes (86%, 1,286 Votes)
  • No (14%, 204 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,489

Loading ... Loading ...

• Sazzer

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Welbeck leaving would be similar to Sturridge leaving Chelsea so around £12 million.

If Welbeck have similar development he would be an excellent signing.

We need homegrown players, and I can see Man U wanting to sell Welbeck if the get in one of Falcao, Mandžuki?, Benteke, Michu, D Costa, A.Ramos, Lukaku, Mario Gomez, Alexis Sanchez, Jackson Martinez and maybe even Remy and Suarez.

• Ben3arfa

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:59 PM

English media are the biggest drama queens in the world .

A bunch of under-paid blood thirsty vultures.

• Tsunki

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:08 PM

It sells toothpaste, skin cream, holidays and bog rolls so why not. The problem is when they start crusading and politicians start hopping on the spin gravy train.

On that Doncaster game, I took a visitor from Canada there and was a good half hour late thanks to that blasted tart Jordan doing a book signing in the metro. I wondered why all the glimpses faced and quiet until half time when I finally cracked and asked if there was a score, found out we were poor blue for a goal down. Carroll’s goal was a cracking left leg volley I think which lit the place up. Still a canny day after all. Blasted tart Jordan though. 🙂

• Tsunki

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Glimpses faced = glum faces.

• Tsunki

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Didn’t need to correct it nobody is going to read it.

• Tsunki

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Poor blue? Poor value. This phone is doing my head right in.

• Sazzer

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:16 PM

• Thump

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Of course it’s an overreaction. In football what Pardew did was a headbutt – the very same action we saw from Remy shortly before – but in the real world it’s called a “movement”. The whole thing is ridiculous but the FA will want to make an example out of him.

Ah well, live and let nut.

• toonking

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:43 PM

the media might have went over the top with this incident but just think if they decided to treat in more realistic this blog would have been dead for nearly a full fortnight.

• Thump

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:47 PM

@Sazzer: Carrying on from that video and bringing it around the discussion, I noticed the Metro decided to go with the headline “Hunt owns up to diving”… it was clearly a bloody trip. He caught his foot, went over, and then did the right thing (something we don’t see too often these days).

@toonking: I think some of the recent posters have contributed to that. I’ve seen a lot of the old names vanishing because of some of the newer posters.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Ed, in this case media is plural so it would be much easier to answer that question if you were more precise!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:50 PM

If giving him a touchline ban for the remainder of the season and a hefty fine is the verdict then I think they are within reason!

…if they are shooting for a resignation then I think they need to lay of the coffee 😉

• scout

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:53 PM

For anyone interested our Connor tomorrow at Cheltenham, 4/1 . Do it each way and if it does get chinned you’ll get your money back. Will deffo finish first 3

• The Vicar

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Slow news day so let’s beat up on the Mags. I blame 24-hour new programmes, I mean, how much really happens?

• jimmysmith

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Personally I’m more offended by Pards poor grammar.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Spot on jesper @12. He’ll get a touchline ban and a hefty fine to go with his club fine.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM

I see Gosling appears to have been betting on matches. A hefty fine coming for him as well.

• jazzyp

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Why oh why would any Nufc fan want Welbeck any where near our club. He would command top dollar as he’s English…..10 mill+ I would have thought. Ba would cost half that and be available for similar wages.

• spitfire_

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:36 PM

It’s a fact that whole medias love the scandals… but how they overreacting in this case? If this was the first pardew’s stupidity by the touchline you can speak about “overreacting”… but since this is his third it’s insane to speak about “overreacting”… and this third time is for a year and a half.

Or you say they are overreacting because they still respond of pardew’s stupidity after all those mistakes.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:36 PM

GT…yes and it is beginning to be a burden for me being spot on so often 😉 lol

• mag

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Politically correct clowns judging a politically incorrect embarrassment manager.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Am I the part of the cause of people deserting the blog does anyone think? If so I would stand down rather than spoiling it on here. I could even give up my Official Blog Hobbit position (sob). It was all meant in fun but several have said I’m not funny. Hmmm. Difficult and embarrassing. Nobody can suit everyone’s sense of humour.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:40 PM

How about players from teams facing the threat of relegation :

Bolasie
    Caulker
    Noone
    Borini
    Giacherrini
    Mitroglu
    Sidwell
    Fer
    Redmond
    Williams
    Dyer
    Much
    Bony
    Michu

those are just off the top of my head and with so many outgoings at the end of the season a few of those could be good squad players.

Anyone I have missed that is half decent ? .

• mag

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Hopefully Ashley sacks pardew after the FA, have finished with him.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:44 PM

How about Poyet if Sunderland get relegated Big Papa mate? Just joking. He isn’t half bad but he has a fairly terrible team to deal with there.

• jazzyp

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Big papa
    Caulker and Bony for me. Bony is looking a snip at 12 mill. The same fee being banded about for Welbeck

• GeordieTwo

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Unbelievable that B/Munich’s main man thought he could steal 18M in tax money. Must be completely bonkers.

• Belfast

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Sick of hearing about this now tbh

And yes Geordietwo, you’re the reason why they’ve all deserted the blog.

You and Blackleyjuice.

• mag

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM

If Newcastle have 12 million to spend on a striker then sign Remy.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Belfast…we can put it all behind us tomorrow hopefully!

GT…I blame Ibiza and his fixation with manly mipples

• GeordieTwo

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:53 PM

That’s cruel Belfast mate. Harrumph. Still, I forgive you. Of course your pulling on my lariat aren’t you?

• BeeGuy

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:53 PM

So when Mylor grabs AP & throws him to one side, AP needs to put on his Gandhi/MLKing and Jesus personality in hte middle of the battle. Not an easy thing to do. when a burgler breaks into a home, and you wake up, you have no idea if you will fight or take flight. Same thing here.
    I’m surprised the LMA does not enter a friend of AP opinion on behalf of all managers who from now on will be in harms way when some clogger staggers into their technical area.
    Don’t forget Mylor was drewn back for an overhand haymaker unitl Goufron got in the way. IMHO, he should be on the hook, especially afrter his corner flag head but.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I wasn’t going to bring that up but yes I blame it all on Ibiza as well. Curse his mipple fetish! Where is that lad anyway?

• mag

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:56 PM

It’s that tskunki to blame his comments are ridiculous.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Did you see that Tsunki mate? You’re being slagged on here again. Harrumph.

• Belfast

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Aye mag that skunki is a knobba

• GeordieTwo

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:59 PM

BeeGuy Meylor actually wanted a dance with Pards and was cruelly rejected. He’s still feeling hurt. And now he knows about the man love thing between Pardew and Mourinho. It’s all too much for him.

• mag

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:00 PM

With a capital K,

• Belfast

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Harrumph geordietwo.

You and blackley juice the evil twins.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:05 PM

GT…I think Ibiza is back on his God forsaken island 😉

…the umpa lumpa’s have put him back to work!