The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew’s Ban Almost Certain To Cost Newcastle Points

4:49 pm, Tuesday, March 11th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 114 Comments

Given that each place in the Premier League is worth about £2M in payouts this year, with the lost club getting around £60M and the top club getting around £100M, you have to think that Alan Pardew’s seven match ban will cost Newcastle some points through the last 10 games of the season.

alan pardew close up half smiling

Alan Pardew – his absence will cost Newcastle some points

And those points will cost Newcastle some money in terms of where the team ends up after the last game of the season on Sunday 11th May when we are at Liverpool – well there’s an easy 3 points. :(

Alan Pardew has said this on the Newcastle United web-site following the FA verdict, and there’s no doubt he’s let the club down big time:

“As I have made clear, I deeply regret the incident and again wholeheartedly apologize to all parties for my conduct, which I understand was not acceptable.”

“I will accept the punishment handed down by the FA today. My focus now turns to preparing the team for this weekend’s game against Fulham and finishing the season as strongly as possible.”

It’s going to be really difficult to have much input from Alan in the next three games, which are a stadium ban – and those games are at Fulham, at home to both Crystal Palace and Everton, and John Carver will be in charge of the side.

Then in the next four games – at Southampton, at home to Manchester United, away to Stoke and at home to Swansea – Alan be in the stands and can presumably more easily phone in advice and calls to the coaching staff in the dugout.

It’s now up to the players and coaches John Carver and Steve Stone to come through big time for the club in these next seven games – and we should make that ten games through the end of the season.

But this has been another self-inflicted wound and follows the selling of Yohan Cabaye in January and not replacing him, although in that particular case that was the owner’s fault and not the manager’s.

It would be much better if the owner and manager were helping the club, rather than hindering it.

It’s not good.

Note: Owen Frost is running from Inverness to London for Cancer Research UK in memory of his mother, who unfortunately passed away in December. Owen starts at Inverness on 15th July and finishes in London on 6th August – please see if you can support Owen here.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League · Suspensions

114 responses so far ↓

• 1 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM

B and B

with all due respect we have got to take context into consideration, if your walking down the street and someone comes at you feet down but they take your legs away with the impact but the soles of their feet could not hurt you, you would get them done for assault, however on a football field it would be classed as a perfect tackle.

So why bring magistrates into it, it’s the same with Rugby, I love watching the 6 nations, but so many times I here about the respect and the lack of back chatting to the refs, which is true, but howay, how many times do we see a punch-up on the Rugby pitch, regularly, very rarely do you get that in football, it’s all about perspective, so lets put the magistrates comment to one side as it is in-appropriate

• 2 archaeomag // Mar 11, 2014 at 4:56 PM

. . . and points mean prizes . .

• 3 beermonkey // Mar 11, 2014 at 4:57 PM

doktoon

lol ur welcome

I hope u enjoy ur chicken

maybe you email pards and say cinnamon cos I bet he’s not got that and that will give him 11 out of 13

please don’t start b and b off he might get dizzy on that high horse of his and fall off

• 4 dcdick // Mar 11, 2014 at 4:58 PM

What about Meyler who started all this & was guilty of trying to punch Pardew as well as pushing another teams manager out of the way in his teams tech area.

Oh yes, that’s right…..he gets booked by the ref & is allowed to carry on.

Pardew should have more self control than he showed last Saturday & deserves to be punished. Did he head butt Meyler, of course not but his head did make contact (just) but for Meyler to escape scot free !!!!…… Not to mention assaulting a corner flag during the Sunderland game. !!

It does really seem that there is some sort of “vendetta” against Newcastle these days or is it something to do with Mike Ashley ?

• 5 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Not sure how pard’s ban will cost the team points – he’ll set them up and have his tactics by Friday and given he rarely changes them mid game we shouldn’t see much of a difference

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:01 PM

spoof,
    Yo-Yo was referring to catchys outrageous posts such as Fat Sam sets up his teams better and wishing we would lose and be relegated, having a pop at his inability to spell carnt despite it being pointed out a hundred times was just a side note to the main point of his post.

• 7 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Hang on, how will it cost us points, he will still train and pick the team, even with a stadium ban he will see the game, we all watch streams, he will still decide what happens, it makes no difference at all, we cannot use this as an excuse for a poor run-in !

• 8 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Well the proof will certainly be in the pudding now, if as a few on here suggest the team will play better without Pardew restricting them, then the next three games will go a little way to either proving or dispelling that opinion, if we win the next seven games then only a fool would keep him on, however if we lose the next seven games, then only a fool would keep him on.

• 9 BeeGuy // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:05 PM

dcdick, right on! I’m angry that the man who was assaulted has been punished. Maybe Mylor should have got more, and that could have come from 4th official Howard Webb. But Webb seems to be on another planet most times, so there you go.
    If the players like AP, it would be nice if they ran over Webb a few times from behind when on the pitch. And in the old days, one would have expected Mylor to get a knock somewhere down the line.
    If pardew is smart, he interprets the 7 matchs as concurrent, so we only lose him for 4 games.

• 10 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Spoof

The context is that this is a football ground where the fa have cracked down zealously on fans misbehaviour. That sort of behaviour is simply not tolerated.

The fa were the right body to deal with his push on the lino but they should have taken firmer action. If it had happened in non league, he’d have been banned for a long time. He might well have been serving a ban and we wouldnt be talking about his headbutt

• 11 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Very, very good point at the end there Jail mate @8 :). And we have such a fool. His name is Mike SmallBerries. His thoughts are so far above us we can only imagine it. Smiling, fondling his berries, deciding how much money not to spend in the summer. Beautiful.

• 12 snowdone // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Dear Ed,

Only time will tell about losing points, but it’s not a certainty. The players have to achieve some consistency. At present they either win a lot or lose a lot.

I’m a fan of Alan Pardew, but I feel the ban is about right. What he did was not acceptable, full stop. Meyler’s behaviour was wrong, but a side issue.

It would appear that Ashley did the right thing for once by fining Alan heftily and immediately. It would also suggest that his job is safe.

Like everyone else I expect him to back Alan in the summer, but will not hold my breath waiting.

Regards,

Neil

• 13 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Mike to himself while massaging his berries “Hmmm, I think I won’t spend 30M quid this summer. That will piss that nasty lot off.”

• 14 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Jail

my father in law is a Mackem, so many times have I wanted to punch the tw*t, but so far I have resisted, no doubt he feels the same about me, when ever we argue it does get heated, but never, even when I have him on his knees do I ever make a personnel remark about intelligence or otherwise, there is no need for it, it can’t be allowed to happen, as for Catchy’s desire to see us relegated, I happen to agree with him, if you would like to here my reasons why then please say so, outlandish wishes as I have I do have my reasons ?

• 15 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Blackley,
    He should have been strangled until nearly dead and then placed in a gibbet cage and displayed on the banks of the Tyne, however if this punishment had of been handed out then you would have wanted more something more severe.

• 16 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Spoof
    Given the homophobic insults and equally insulting barbs about there intelligence i’m pretty sure Yo Yo and a fair few others have the full right to question the blokes intelligence whether you like it or not?

• 17 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Spoof,
    I don’t know why anyone would want to see us relegated, Mashley wouldn’t sell up anyway and we’d still be stuck with him, as for having a pop at someone for having a go at another poster, where do you draw the line, you’d spend your entire evening telling people off.

• 18 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Surely it’s time for Mike to go on hands and knees and beg Dekka to come back? I mean otherwise we may get Mike’s uncle’s nephew who once attended a third division match as our football expert at the top.

• 19 bassongs_of_praise // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Please prove that this ban is almost certain to cost us points.

More baseless drivel…

• 20 Mister Tuff // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Blackley @10 you posted:-
    “The context is that this is a football ground where the fa have cracked down zealously on fans misbehaviour.”
    Could you please give me some examples please.

Spoof previous thread @37 -you posted :-
    “ty for that, so has Cabaye, who was not an international when we signed him been Pardewed…..”

Could you please explain then who was impersonating Cabaye playing for the full French team before he signed for us.

• 21 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Jail

You have a tendency to exaggerate my comments to the extreme. Funny though.

• 22 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Does having SmallBerries make a fellow less of a manly man? Possibly. Then there is the question of the dominatrix. Is she really enjoying herself? Is she a Geordie? If not Mike should hire one to get complete satisfaction. Harrumph.

• 23 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Somebody on here really rates pardew highly to think it will cost us points.

• 24 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:27 PM

B and B

Mark Yates done exactly the same as Pardew and got a four game ban with a £350 fine when in charge of Kidderminster, so how can you seduce that non league managers get off lightly when Pardew has been more severley dealt with, I am not excusing Pardew as he was clearly in the wrong, but punishments should be alike for all ?

• 25 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Could Dekka pull our chestnuts out of the fire this summer? Is he our savior? Would owlheed look good in full punk regalia? All questions that need to be answered soon. Be prepared for the return of OwlHeed! Huzzah!

• 26 Slank // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Ed, don’t understand your logic as many fans think Pardew is useless and therefore if he isn’t going to be involved in the forthcoming games how will points be dropped?

Surely, points will be gained because he wont be involved?

• 27 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Could Mike arrange to have OwlHeed ride Pards across the pitch while laying into him with a riding crop as further punishment? If Mike could ride Joe and make it a race then we should have full television coverage.

• 28 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:35 PM

tads

that is what I am on about, its a football blog, lets talk about football, you may be far more intelligent than what I am, good for you, however it may be the other way round, so what, who cares, using intelligence levels or spelling ability in an attempt to dismiss or diminish another’s post is wrong, the thickest twat in the world could make a very valid point, whereas a brain surgeon could be so far off the mark.

I just try to ignore grammer and spelling and concentrate on the message which they are trying to make and respond to their point ?, surely that has got to be the right way to go about it ?

• 29 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I’m quite concerned about the general lack of respect being shown for Mike SmallBerries on here. It’s disturbing. This is the man who saved us from Freddy. This is the man who brought back Kevin Keegan. This is the man who flaunted his moobs for us. Come on now mates. Settle down and show some respect. Harrumph!

• 30 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Dok have you finished your chicken yet mate? I’m urging everyone to be serious until that happens.

• 31 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Geordie Two,
    Don’t worry the five/seven/eight year plan is about to be restructured to decide what they will do in the summer, then we can announce a new plan and everyone will say, the next window with a new DoF will show the extent of Mashleys ambition.

• 32 Whumpie // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Exaggeration. ‘Certain to cost us points’? Nah. Likely, possibly.

As for calling for Llamearse back, you have GOT to be kidding. His only qualification for the job was “not as shite as JFK”!

Nope, we’ll get a proper director in the summer. I dunno – a Kray twin or someone like that.

• 33 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I love it when we come to a window and Pards says “we’re doing really well. We’re a mid table team, right where we want to be. Mike is going to support me completely this summer. The helicopter is ready, the agents have all been notified that we don’t like paying their fees and the players we want all know we like low wages. It’s looking good.”

• 34 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM

”Mike Ashley knows nothing about football and Derek Llambias knows even less than him”

• 35 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Wonder if Pard’s will be on here on Saturday asking for a decent link to the game ?

• 36 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Come on Whumpie mate, get with the programme! He’s perfect for us! He loves Mike, he knows all the right bollocks to say, he knows nothing about football. Absolutely perfect.

• 37 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Whumpie

with the ban it will be assumed that we could be up against it, rather than suffer from the ban I feel that it will give what would be an end of season run-in a bit more purpose, they now have something to play for, prove the ba$tardS wrong, lets just win win win and make them look daft, it could turn out to be a blessing, give them a focus !

• 38 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Get serious on here people! We should be begging Dekka to come back. Think how much worse it could get. Do you want someone worse than Joe next? l love Dekka. That beautiful owlheed! All the brilliant quotes when he’d had a snootfull. The man is perfect for Mike. After him we can re-re-hire Joe. It’s perfect.

• 39 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Have you lot come to your senses yet? I’m waiting. Harrumph.

• 40 Black and White with an army lol // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM

“Pardew’s Ban Almost Certain To Cost Newcastle Points”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

even if Pardew didn’t get the ban we will still lose points

• 41 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:56 PM

G2,
    Collo will be replaced by Australian international Curtis Good , Shola wont be and people will say he didn’t need replacing as he hardly ever played as will be the case with Guti, the only ones that wont be able to be explained away without replacements are the two strikers we will lose, I don’t know what was arranged with BM for LDJ but if it was a set fee regardless of how many goals he scored I can see Mashley wanting to go back to the drawing board and renegotiating which will undoubtedly pi$$ off the opposing chairman resulting in LDJ going back home, the two strikers are probably our most important roles to replace as well.

• 42 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM

BandW

and we would still win them so what is your point ?

• 43 StuW // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM

So, what if whilst he is banned we pick up a lot of points under Carver and co?

• 44 Black and White with an army lol // Mar 11, 2014 at 5:59 PM

StuW

then hopefully MA will see the light and sack pardumb and keep Carver as manager ;)

• 45 Tsunki // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM

There’s a Mr Pardew selling a nice Burberry raincoat on Gumtree. I suppose he won’t be needing it, he’ll be watching games in video feed fir a while. Wonder how long he will watch before he realises he’s been watching You’ve been Framed?

Don’t think it will have much effect on our games though. Just a time delay of a minute or so before Carver makes subs in the last 5 minutes.

• 46 StuW // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Anyway, the stadium ban won’t make a difference. He’ll be sat nearby with a screen on the action, and a phone to his ear, just like he will have the phone when he has served the stadium ban

• 47 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM

StuW

the ban is meaningless, it will still be Pardew’s team and Pardew’s subs when he wants them made.

• 48 catchy in norway // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I would like to think that he would get fired now , but I’m guessing he won’t,
    if he dosnt then I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong , if he has a job come next week , then the club has no ambition at all, I believe it’s massively underachieving with pardew in charge of the players
    I have not backe Ashley because of all the stupid stuff he does but I have thought ( in my head) it’s the fact he does not want to pay off Pardews long contract , that’s the only thing keeping him in a job,

you pray for miricals, and pardew nutting him was a mirical , this would be the ideal time to fire him , 43 points , safe , can take our time to chose a good coach,
    but if we don’t then I don’t think I will be watching us play for a while , not with this lot in charge , I love the game ,

as for loosing points because of it , I think it will be the other way , pardew waits to long before making changes, i can see us being more proactive with him not there , again , another pray, I hope some of SBR Rubbed off on carver

• 49 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I have no doubt we will spend in the summer, not because I think Mashley has turned over a new leaf but simply because to replace two or three strikers we absolutely have to, we will have a net spend of around 12M, the debt wont be reduced the accounts will show no impropriety and we will be left wondering where the money has gone while Pardew harps on about our inability to compete and the new nets and cones that are working wonders with our youth development.

• 50 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM

catchy

god bless your passion, ? but you don’t half talk some drivel

• 51 StuW // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM

@44

Thing is, Carver seems happy enough as an Assistant, seeing as his only actual management role didn’t go well(with Toronto). Although, the few times he has been caretaker he hasn’t done bad.

• 52 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Spot on @41 jail mate. Ashley won’t be able to hide from this in the summer. The striker situation has to be resolved. No question, he will have to spend good money. As for the rest of you lot am I going to get the level of seriosity I expect on here? Well am I?

• 53 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Catchy,
    It really is like banging your head against a brick wall, why would the long contract have anything to do with it, Mashley gave him that said contract, he does not want rid of him, why is it going to take you till next week to realise that, actually I shouldn’t need to ask that !

• 54 GeordieTwo // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Have to go mates. Stay serious!

• 55 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Carver is a hot headed fool who only has the job he has because Pardew knew about the passion of this club and gave enough respect to the club and its fans to make sure that he had Geordies around him, to give him some grounding, hence, Stone, Carver, Beardsley, all people who know what makes Newcastle fans tick, sadly he got Ashley as an owner

• 56 beermonkey // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

so we got 10 games left and a pos 30 points
    what are we going to get with pards and with out

• 57 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Tuff

Was your point about cabaye addressed to me? I don’t recall saying anything about cabaye being pardewed.

• 58 phatt knacker // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Its neither a soft or tough ban. The F.A have got it about right with pards but there should of been further action against meyler.

Jail is right this will tell us alot about the future of pards lol

I think this could be a good thing for the players…….it keeps the season alive and media scrutiny will keep them on there toes.

No dead games left only games with and without pards……..its up to the players now

• 59 Mister Tuff // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Blackley -it was a question for spoof.

• 60 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Tuff

Sorry. See it wasn’t addressed to me.

You just need to read the newspapers, visit newcastle mags, or go to sjp to see how fans are treated for misbehaviour in the ground. It is unbelievable that suarez bites a person in public and he is dealt with by the fa. If you or I did that, especially if it was seen by millions on tv and whether or not the injured party wanted to press charges, we’d end up in front of the magistrates. There is simply no excuse for that sort of behaviour, even from a player in the cut and thrust.

Spoof says punishments should be alike for all, and that’s the very point I’m making.

• 61 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Tuff

sorry m8, I have been rather busy, but I see that there was a question for me, could you repeat it please as I did lose tract, sorry m8

• 62 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Why should there be further action against meyler? It was simply a push on a guy who was deliberately trying to delay him. The appropriate reaction from pardew would be an appeal to the ref to give him a yellow card. That’s what he got. Why should it be worse for meyler just because pardew overreacted like a dickhead?

• 63 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Tuff, looking back it appears that I was wrong about Cabaye as to when he became a full international, but so what, the point is this Pardewed tag is simply wrong and I have gave many reasons as to why it is wrong and I still include Cabaye among them, yes he may have been an international but not an auto as he was with us, so basically you have me on a technicality but the point is still there ?, as for the rest I await your response young man ?

• 64 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Blackey,

“I am a person who is unhappy with things as they stand. We cannot accept the world as it is. Each day we should wake up foaming at the mouth because of the injustice of things.”
    Joey Barton, quoting from a quoter.

• 65 BuckLuck // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:14 PM

phatt knacker @ 58

Agree with you. I think the ban is fair, although Meyler should have also been investigated.
    Now I’m finaly done with this topic.

Next season is going to be happy hour. I think Pardew is gonna be the new Rodgers. I think we will play the best and most effective football in the league. The signs are there for all to see. The man is a master in disguise!

Wait… mediocrity again next season you say? Yay!

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Spoof, Pardew is a tw@t simple as, if is boss wasn’t a bigger tw@t he wouldn’t last five minutes at SJP, the fact that he is doing a half decent job under the most restraints he is faced with keeps the fans off his back and even has some kind of sympathising with him.

• 67 Toon Tang // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM

re. the title of this thread… debatable I’d say, very debatable.

• 68 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Jail

forget Pardew just for a second…………………….., as you have said yourself, “restraints”, who could do better than Pardew, I honestly feel that Pardew has done great for us but that doesn’t mean that I feel he is one of the best in world football, but I do not believe that we could replace him with a manager who could do better, lets face it, to do better than what we are would be challenging the top 4, would Ashley release the cash to do that, we all know that he wouldn’t, so for any manager to do better than Pardew quite simply it cannot happen with Ashley in charge, so why sack Pardew, he has got us as high if not higher than what Ashley’s remit allows, just think about it ?

• 69 70TWO // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Rather than wasting his time in a hotel suite (with analysts), it would be more productive for Pardew to scout Everton, Southampton and Man U over the next three matches. If Carver is his assistant he must trust in his abilities to make the right decisions, otherwise why employ him and it isn’t like we will be relegated.

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Spoof,
    As you know although I don’t like Pardew, you very rarely see me slate him or call for his head as there is nobody better that would come in, people harping on about Laudrup, he was sacked not just because of poor results but because he’d been moaning about money, how long would he last at our place, all these fancy managers people cite, how many could work under the madman Ashley, lets see how long Solskajear last under Tan.

• 71 mtyler1983 // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Its a shame he did what he did, but its done and the consequences are enforced, the best thing they can do is focus on their game and do the best they can and work with what they have. Good Luck team.

• 72 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Toon vs Chelsea youth qtr final

• 73 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Sadly chelsea commentators so very one sided commentary

• 74 Spoof // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Jail

spot on m8, some managers are in untenable situations but that is the way of many, it is a case of who can handle it best and in all honesty I don’t see anyone handling it better that Pardew, yes I get frustrated with his team selection and tactics at times, but Chelsea and Man City fans have the same frustrations as we do, we had the same with KK and Sir Bobby, that is football, agree and disagree, but a manager can only be judged on result’s and where the club is and under the restriants I do not believe that any could have done better than what Pardew has done !

• 75 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM

2-1 toon – Armstrong

• 76 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Latched onto a terrible pass from chelsea defender and shot home from edge of box

• 77 Jail for Ashley // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Mindshaft,
    Nice one.

• 78 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:52 PM

2-1 Toon, Halftime – fairly even game short on quality so far

• 79 dufuss // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:53 PM

commentators claiming he was a cheat then say there player should try to con ref into a penalty tossers

• 80 dufuss // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:54 PM

turn commentary OFF

• 81 toonbrother // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:54 PM

If only the FA could sack him

• 82 beermonkey // Mar 11, 2014 at 7:57 PM

is the youth match any good

• 83 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:10 PM

beermonkey – lots of misplaced passes from both teams

• 84 jimmysmith // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I think it will probably ultimately cost him his job. Ashley showed some loyalty but even now might be reconsidering whether that might have been misspent. Relationships tend to unravel slowly.

• 85 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:12 PM

oh dear – defender caught napping and lets chelsea winger in for free run on goal 2-2

• 86 Lilongwe Geordie // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Beermonkey,
    Better than discussing the severity or not of Pardew’s ban….

• 87 Lilongwe Geordie // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Haha, ‘the french cheat in midfield for Newcastle’. The commentary is laughable, although Kemen does look like a dirty/cheating/nasty sort in centre of mid. Something we have lacked provided he knows how to control it!

• 88 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM

and 2-3 Chelsea

• 89 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:27 PM

LB for toon is poor

• 90 beermonkey // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Lilongwe Geordie
    anything is better than discussing pardgate

even chatting to the misses

• 91 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Chelsea starting to boss this a bit – we seem to have trouble with our first touch – looks like we have 9 sholas playing

• 92 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:30 PM

LB caught napping again – almost 2-4

• 93 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Brown subbed for chelsea – good, he’s been causing the defence a lot of problems

• 94 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:39 PM

the blond lad in midfield for toon is a right lazy get – surprised he hasnt been subbed yet

• 95 Grafton83 // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I think Newcastle will be much improved without Pardew, can’t wait to see us venture into the previously ignored strategies of using tactics, organisation and a game plan during a match

• 96 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:43 PM

better from the toon youth, stung the hands of chelsea keeper with good break – corner comes to nowt as header straight at keeper

• 97 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Kemen goes down with an injury and rolls round as if shot – 4 mins left here, looking like a defeat for toon youth

• 98 Grafton83 // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Ios on this site is riddled with redirects to mostly betting apps. I dont mind the odd advert but its getting silly on here

• 99 welshgeordie9 // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:50 PM

If we go on unbeaten run until pardew comes back, I hope that him and carver don’t end up arguing over who’s the boss in the last three games, although that wouldn’t suprise me.

Funny though

• 100 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Chelsea finishing on top here

• 101 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM

ooof big miss from chelsea as blasted over in front of open goal

• 102 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Passing has become extremely ragged from toon

• 103 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:56 PM

And there goes the whistle – all over for the toon as Chelsea win 2-3

Game was lacking in quality and I don’t think the first team have much to worry about – pick of toon players was Armstrong and probably Kemen ( although he needs to man up a bit)

• 104 mindshaft // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:57 PM

I’ve been Mindshaft, thanks for your company – goodnight from him and its goodnight from me

• 105 Graeme // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Arse concede the 1st goal, now need at least 3 to stay in the competition!!!

• 106 Graeme // Mar 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM

and pull one back 1-1 on the night

• 107 nyscooby // Mar 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM

There is s much shite reported on this web site.

there is no reason for this to cost us any points.

• 108 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 11, 2014 at 9:13 PM

How Cleverly gets in the England team ahead of OX I will never know .

• 109 p // Mar 11, 2014 at 9:15 PM

oh yes, we will really miss Pard’s inspirational substitutions that he makes dynamically to adapt to the game.

• 110 welshgeordie9 // Mar 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM

107nyscooby

You got to laugh though

• 111 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 11, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Atletico vs Milan, great game!!!

• 112 jimmysmith // Mar 11, 2014 at 9:17 PM

That hand balled goal by Kemen was truly regrettable. You can’t wheel away and celebrate like that. He even conned his own teammates. Apology to Chelsea inevitable.

• 113 iain // Mar 11, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Worst it could cost us is 2m imo.

We could drop a place with pardew there easy enough, if we blew 12 and ended up below the hammers i doubt that would he down to pardew there or not.

• 114 fcruiseusuk // Mar 12, 2014 at 3:43 AM

Dedick you are absolutely right Meyler should have been booked and or sent off after attacking Pardew when he was in an area he is permitted to be.
    Pardew however behaved like a schoolboy with the petulant faux head butt and deserves to have been immediately relieved of his position.
    Meyler should now be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for his antics against the Mackems and the corner flag.

previous post: Pardew Gets Seven Match Ban – Both Stadium And Touchline