The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Fans’ Leader Wants Pardew Sacked – That’s A Minority View

3:43 pm, Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 163 Comments

There’s a quote doing the rounds from Kevin Moore today – and Kevin is the founder of the United for Newcastle supporters group, and Kevin believes Alan Pardew should have been sacked for embarrassing the club, when he head-butted Davide Meyler at Hull City, and for which the manager yesterday received a seven match ban and a £60,000 fine from the FA.

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Hull City v Newcastle United - KC Stadium

Davide Meyler and Alan Pardew confront each other

This is what Kevin is quoted as saying to Perform today:

“In my personal opinion, he should have been sacked for the offence.”  “I don’t want to see anyone representing my football club do something like that, especially the manager of a football club, so I would have liked to see him sacked to be honest.”

“The ban is justifiable for what he did. At the end of the day regardless of player, fan or manager, any level of football club you just can’t do what he did. Especially considering you’re meant to be a role model to young kids.”

“Any manager that does something like that – their reputation goes out of the window. If you did that in the street you’d be arrested, so why wasn’t Alan Pardew arrested at the same time? “His reputation will be tarnished, so rightly it should be. It was a cowardly act.”

Kevin has every right to express his own views, and Pardew was issued with a formal warning by the club, so this act may still get him sacked down the road, if he continues to embarrass the club by his touchline antics.

But in the poll we ran last week, it shows Kevin’s view is in the minority, and with almost 4,000 votes in 76% of readers didn’t think Alan should have been fired – so that’s three in four don’t think he should have lost his job.

Should Alan Pardew Be Fired For His Behavior At Hull?

• No (76%, 3,167 Votes)
  • Yes (24%, 980 Votes)

Total Voters: 4,147

Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

Note: Owen Frost is running from Inverness to London for Cancer Research UK in memory of his mother, who unfortunately passed away in December. Owen starts at Inverness on 15th July and finishes in London on 6th August – please see if you can support Owen here.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Other News · Premier League

163 responses so far ↓

• 1 bishopblaize // Mar 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Still think it has all gone a bit far. Especially when the player instigated the incident.

Anyway, the man should have had a financial bonus from keeping themackems out of the headlines the following morning lol

The best news they had was their loss come the Monday lol

• 2 G // Mar 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM

@ post 1, correct, however, I think Kevin also has a point. Can’t think of any other walk of life where an opposition employee gets nutted, and the nutee keeps his job. Even a soldier would be held accountable for that one.

• 3 toon kk // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM

There’s absolutely no way Mash would or will sack Pards, yes men willing to go along with whatever he says or does are very hard to come by.

• 4 thevirus // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Toon Kk that’s exactly the reason why he’s kept his job , if he questioned Ashley’s decisions he would of been long gone

• 5 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I’m pleased that Kevin agrees with me that pardew should have been arrested. I think opinion away from this blog is more evenly split than is the case on this blog.

Whether or not he should be sacked for it is another matter, but I find it difficult to argue against kevin on that one.

• 6 croftus5678 // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:11 PM

lol so kevin thinks everyone can not do such a thing as they are all role models but believes pards should have been sacked for it ye ? so players should be sacked for doing it also ye ?

some people just dont know what they are writing sometimes >.< i'm afraid he doesnt represent me as a supporter !

no pards shouldnt have done it but i believe the player should have had some action against him also and that pards punishment should have been the same as every other players punishment that players have done many many times before.

tbh people go way over the top calling it a headbutt and surely theres no person on the face of this earth there if that happened to them they would call it a headbutt !
    he squared up to him (bloody hate drama queens that make things out to be 20 times worse)

• 7 Coach // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I was at a small sports event in Manchester last night. It wasn’t about football but most of the 30-40 people there were Man Utd or Man City fans. Every single one of them thought that this was a lot of fuss about nothing, they didn’t even think it qualified as a head butt.

Maybe it’s not a big enough sample to mean much but I would have expected at least a few to take a negative line.

• 8 MosesNUFC // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM

PARDEW OUT LAUDRUP IN

• 9 croftus5678 // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM

headbutt(Noun)
    A sharp blow delivered by driving the head into the opponent, generally by lowering the head and charging forward or by rapidly tilting the head backward and then forward.
    headbutt(Verb)
    To deliver a sharp blow by driving the head into an opponent.

does not sound like a headbutt to me !!!

• 10 yo-yo // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM

G

Deepcut barracks and many other cases of bullying /even rape would tell a different story

• 11 toonluvva // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I’m not a Pardew supporter in any way, shape or form.

I think if he is to be fired it should on footballing grounds, and those alone.

Mr Ashley will not sack Pardew unless we are in very serious danger of relegation, we might see the back of him sometime around January 2015.

The problem then will be that our league position could be as much due to lack of investment as the inability to coach the team properly.

All in all I expect Pardew to be our coach for sometime yet.

• 12 Oldgit1 // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM

@ blackley n brownlie. Will you wind your frigging neck in, I’m sick and tired of reading your comments on this site your holy and thou attitude to something you have appeared to revel in. Piss off with your so called opinions. AP is not being charged by the police so live with.

He has received his punishment so let’s forget it. Move on.

Strewth. You can’t make this guy up.

• 13 Ibizatoon // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Oh well Kevin, he hasn’t been, so maybe we should move on now?

I do find it amazing how little is being made of the fact that Ashley does continue to back Pardew. For those who deem Pardew to be one of the worst things to happen to this club, I do find it amazing how they still consider Pardew to be the main problem. At what stage do they look to Ashley, Pardews boss?

Just a symptom of the problem, not the actual problem, imho. He does keep the public busy and the topic off of Ashley…funny that.

• 14 NOVA2967 // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Lets see hockey, american football, even basketball shove each other. Baseball gets in fist fights.
    The main thing is that players do it all the time and get three match bans. Cant believe people are calling for his head. Why doesn’t he get a three match band, because he is a coach and is held to a higher standard okay I get it. Seven games sounds about right. Inexcusable but overreaction from everyone. I think the punishment is fair and he should be warned even tho I wouldn’t even call that a head butt.

Well Steve Bruce in if he was fired.

• 15 G // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:39 PM

@10 fair comments, but if Deepcut and similar events had the kind of audience that AP had for his headbutt (There was, unfortunately, contact made, ergo, headbutt) then soldiers would have been punished accordingly.

• 16 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Fair play to this bloke for setting up a support group, seems to back a lot of charities etc.

But I don’t get why he’s doing an interview, especially when he states it’s his opinion, not one of his supporters group

• 17 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Let’s wait and see how badly Ashley screws up the summer. If it is bad as I fear then he will need a scapegoat and that will be Pardew next season, sometime around November. The chances of Mike SmallBerries spending the amount of money needed to set the club on the right foot are exactly zero.

• 18 yo-yo // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Spoof – few threads back

My point was that Catchy constantly bigs up the unwashed and their last two (or three) managers as being superior, wishes us to lose as many games as it takes to see AP be sacked, and has suggested our previous failed managers have better tactics.
    My conclusion – CfN is a concealed Mackem troll and has been all along. Now, as we all know, many of the unwashed are serious knuckle draggers, and given Catchy’s inabilities with the English Language this would tend to support the Mackem troll hypothesis.

I appreciate irony is a little difficult to pick up on a blog but regardless of that I am somewhat more than pi55ed off with being told everything about Sunderland is better than the Toon by a supposed ‘supporter’ of NUFC….from their tactics, through amazing levels of managerial competence to a high level of ambition.

I also reserve the right to attack another blogger’s views, especially when given in support of our main rival, and given CfN’s frequent use of the description ‘numpty’ for all other posters who do not share his mackem loving opinions then maybe you should take a look at yourself too :)

• 19 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM

G
    So when you said “any other walk of life ” you actually only meant televised ones

• 20 G // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM

@19, no, just witnessed. AP’s just happened to be televised.

• 21 Ibizatoon // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM

G2…Where do these fears that Ashley wont spend enough come from?

Honestly mate, when has Ashley ever let us down before?

• 22 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Ibiza
    I’m still wondering when people/posters are going to twig that if he hasn’t been sacked by now it simply isn’t going to happen!!!

• 23 Ibizatoon // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM

tads…It seems fairly obvious to me, but maybe I’m missing something?

As G2 pointed out, Pardew will be kept in play until it suits Ashley to do otherwise. It wont be about footballing reasons, more controlling reasons imo.

• 24 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM

G
    Sorry but don’t agree, in any other walk of life
    a) no one would call that a head butt, just two blokes squaring up
    b) just can’t see anyone getting sacked for that, especially not squadie’s

• 25 Greebol1892 // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Oldgit1

Couldn’t agree more. Bring on the football. Tired of so-called “news” / witch-hunt about our misbehaving manager (done to death), or a player that is not even ours (Remy), or an ex-player (Cabaye). zzzzzzzz

• 26 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Ibiza
    Very true
    As long as we’re 10th-7th and not in any cups, he’s got a job!
    Ashley must of actually been pleased this happened, there was too much talk of having an outside chance at qualifying for the Europa!

• 27 G // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM

@24, fair enough, thats your opinion, and I respect it, even if I don;t share it. I’ve seen lads sent to Colchester, and booted out for less.

• 28 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Ibiza mate, how’ve you been? We had become quite concerned. Talk of mipple fetishes, tassle dependence from certain quarters. Harrumph.

• 29 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Ok Ibiza mate I’m going to lower the Cones of Internet Silence over the two of us now so we can have a private chat. So what’s really been happening? I heard the budgie smuggling ring had been busted wide open. Jesper is on the run. And I never believed the whole bogus chest hair rumours for a minute. I know you would never offer yak hair substitutes at half price mate. The thought of it. Harrumph.

• 30 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Spot on Greebol1892 @25. Why discuss loan strikers when we have such brilliant strikers of our own? Why, there’s Shola, and er Gouffy sort of. Just teasing mate but you see what I mean? We are a bit short on that front.

• 31 mindshaft // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Oh dear – not the role model bollocks again – if you’re looking at sportsmen to be a role model or they can’t tell the difference between right and wrong you should really be looking at your parenting skills and ultimately asking if you should really have kids at all

• 32 Oldgit1 // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I want to see more positive comment on this site rather than the
    1/ Ashley out.
    2/ Pardew out, one liners

I’m sick of hearing about,
    1/ Pardew should be sacked.
    2/ the clubs finance.
    3/ the clubs debt.
    4/ sports direct.
    5/ is Remy going or staying. (He’s going)
    6/ is shola good enough (no)
    7/ stats on players. (I know if a player is playing well or not)
    8/ when will we take the FA cup seriously (never)
    9/ is top 8 good enough (no)
    10/ wil we get into Europe (no)

I want to hear about potential new players, Ashey has sold the club, new manager, new coaching staff, new DOF. Is it too much to ask.

Sorry about my earlier blast at blackley n brownlie but he does get on my tit.

• 33 thejokethatisnufc // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM

ppl need to grow up if they think he should be arrested idiots.

• 34 thejokethatisnufc // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:15 PM

@32 couldnt agree more had it upto my back teeth here with all the bickering

• 35 Ibizatoon // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM

tads…Pleased? Without Pardew on the touchline we’ll be sure to qualify for EL after an unbeaten run! Or something like that anyway :)

G2…I believe the Yak hair products were running at 75% off actually, you know, needing to move the stock on quickly…

Can’t comment on the budgie smuggling yet, it’s still too early. I mean, I don’t know what you’re talking about….as for mipple fetishes…beautiful!

OldGit…The left or right one?

I like those new topics…shame they have no connection to reality.

• 36 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:28 PM

You know this really ticks me off as well mates! It makes me so angry I could bite my own leg off and beat myself with it! Let’s get on with discussions of true seriosity! Let’s talk of our incredible excellence at the top! Who else has a Mike SmallBerries to brag about? Who else had the privilege of having Big Joe as DoF and now tea lady? That’s what I’m talking about.

• 37 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Well that’s what I’ve been trying to bring to the blog for ages now Ibiza mate. A true connection with reality. Let’s get grounded. More down to earth. We don’t need to talk about Ibiza’s man fondling own nipples videos! We don’t need to eat any more of Jesper’s hallucinogenic pie fillings. Let’s focus now on the future. Beautiful.

• 38 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Is everyone with us as we enter the new age of reasoned argument on the blog then? Huzzah!

• 39 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Oldgit

You’re as entitled as anyone to voice your opinion so no need to be sorry.

I don’t bring this topic up. It keeps coming up. It’s on the radio now. In fact the radio keeps replaying my contribution as a lead in.

I hear there’s another guy in league 2 just bitten an opponent. It seems the fa will deal with that. When are the police gojng take responsibility for enforcing the law of the land even handedly? They’ve abrogated responsibility to the fa, who, like the vatican, appears to be a law unto itself.

• 40 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Does anyone else have problems writing on this blog from your phone? It freezes all the time :(

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM

What’s wrong with my pie fillings? ;)

• 42 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:55 PM

It is not Pardew on the touch line that is the problem – unless you play for the opponent, are a linesman or s fellow manager, the problems of his tactics and decision making!

…will that change just because he is not there physically? Or will Carver just be an instrument of his?

• 43 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:57 PM

It is really nice to speak to a sane person for once ;)

• 44 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with your pie fillings jesper mate. Don’t believe any rumours to the contrary. They are a magical mystery tour of adventure. Wondrous mate. As for Ibiza selling yak chest hair at 75% off, well clearly I’m appalled. This brings me back our old yak herding days on the steppes. Those were the times weren’t they? We always suspected it was Ibiza stealing our yaks in the night. Now we know what that was about mate.

• 45 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

GT…I never believed for a moment that Ibiza had any real chest hair :)

…he cannot even grow a real Tom Selleck moustache lol

• 46 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM

So what’s the topic of the day football-wise?

• 47 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Well Ibiza at #13 it really depends on the view point doesn’t it?

…try to sell me Mick Ashley is to blame for the football Pardew is making me watch? And would it suddenly change if he sold up?

I am ready sell it! ;)

• 48 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Football wise we’re discussing the whole gamut jesper mate. The entire gamut. I really like that word gamut. Is that a Danish word by any chance jesper?

• 49 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:17 PM

G2

What are you smoking these days?

• 50 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Well, to be honest B&B mate it’s a mixture of pure living and taking care of my precious bodily fluids these days. My body is a temple. Beautiful.

• 51 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Has anyone else heard that saying “ecto gamut”? Now that just expresses it in a nutshell doesn’t it?

• 52 DokToon // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

jesper,

maybe take your phon eout for a nite of dinner and ancing, present it with flowers, maybe then it wont be so frigid :)

• 53 toonbrother // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Pardumb should have been sacked for infinite stupidity. Dude is too stupid to be Newcastle manager

• 54 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM

G2

I see the .co.uk site is somewhat moribund these days.

• 55 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM

I just want a good football club that competes hard in every competition they are entered in. Should I repeat that for you Mike SmallBerries? A team that competes hard in every competition they are entered in. And has the depth and quality of players to do so. Harrumph.

• 56 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Aye B&B mate. Despite my best efforts. Harrumph. They need more posts and a livelier setup. I think toonsy just doesn’t have enough time.

• 57 toon kk // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

G2
    Do you get a few whiskeys while star gazing or are you tea total mate?

• 58 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Dok…aarghhhhhhhhhhh!

…that phone is so demanding!!!

• 59 DokToon // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

g2,

ecto gamut… is that the name of the slime that drips off of extra-terrestials?

• 60 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

GT…do you mean “Ecto Gsmat”?

…like what Leeloo says in the Fifth Element?

• 61 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM

*Ecto Gamat

• 62 DokToon // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM

or maybe its that great left forward that plays in upper ubekistan that we are linked to, but will have no chance of getting , as he wants CL play….

• 63 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

GT…I think that is a word originating from the supreme Being ;)

• 64 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Doesn’t it mean something like “never again without my permission”?

• 65 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Dok…you are maybe on to something there mate ;)

• 66 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

G2

They used to have some good lively craic going on. Pity that big dave the bloghammer hated his views being sent up and satired.

I thought Toonsy had said a couple of months ago he had a bit more time lately. They used to get guest writers.

I don’t know why the posts are ordered in such a way that you have to scroll through them all to get the latest. Why don’t they have the most recent post as the first? Often the threads get too long.

It doesn’t help that newbies aren’t welcome and can’t register.

• 67 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

You clever begger jesper mate! :) I didn’t think anyone would get that reference.

• 68 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM

…and I am speaking to myself again! Can I get a Harrumph Jesper mate?

…Harrumph!

• 69 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Dok that does it! I’m nominating you for DoF mate. Get in there and turn things upside down. Turf anyone caught fondling their own mipples. Roar through there cleaning house. Harrumph! This is a day of many Harrumphs by the way!

• 70 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

GT…I love that movie ;) have seen it a million times!

• 71 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM

I agree B&B. It looks pretty sad on there nowadays. I’m doing my best but it’s just a few old hobbits such as myself left on there.

• 72 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM

“Listen lady, I only speak two languages: English and bad English” ;)

• 73 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Well I’ll be damned jesper! It’s one of my favourites as well. I have the DVD and watch it often. Beautiful.

• 74 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:45 PM

G2

I used to enjoy reading KK’s contributions because he’s of similar mind to me and held up really well against the blogmasters.

• 75 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:46 PM

GT…if you ever get tired of Harrumph (not that I can see how) we could always throw in a Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt! ;)

• 76 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Seems Curtis Good has returned after picking up an injury which see’s him sidelined until the end of April
    Gutted for the lad, was having a cracking loan spell and earning some high praise

• 77 TorqToon // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Evening gents! I’m so pleased to see we have moved on from the pardew debate, loic remy and yo cabaye.

Pardew was never going to be sacked for that. Remy is talking himself up (possibly a bit too much but can’t blame the lad!) and Cabs has long gone.

Will loic find a spot at one of the top 5 European sides?? Not in my opinion. Possibly an arsenal, spurs side, but they are far from top 5.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Citeh and maybe Athletico Madrid / Chelsea?! Nome of these clubs will take on remy and pay him the £100,000 per week he wants. Simply won’t happen. I don’t believe he will stay, but I also don’t believe he merits £100k a week either.

• 78 DokToon // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM

g2,

if so interred as DoF…. ive a few rules to set down…

owner must be able to run the pitch with players,and also required to be keeper for one straining sesiion a week… the bruises alone will loosen his pocketbook…

i will have in my office a carving out of mahogany, of jfk, so i can rest my feet on his back and constantly send him pics of his place in life…

the second friday of every month is SMB day, everyone recieves a tshirt or towel to clean their home toilet, along with an envelop with a mackem supporter to mail it to when it is used up…

windows are not for looking out of, but actually used to bring players in, a novel concept that has been long forgotten about by previous directors…

that is all for now… will update when i have more….

• 79 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Torq
    Don’t think for a minute he’ll be at one of Europe’s top 5 clubs, but thought at the time when i read it he meant top 5 as in league position? Could be wrong!
    Hope he stays, him and De Jong seem to have a great understanding but if he goes id like to see Siem De Jong bought in and play just behind LDJ

Still holding out hope of a Cabella/Grenier but there chairman seem to be doing there upmost to sell them to any club but us! Or simply start a bidding war…

• 80 GeordieTwo // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM

An excellent start Dok mate! :) Jesper I will definitely consider it. :) B@B KK still comes on at times. It’s the same old crew really. Rare to see a newcomer. Have to run now but it’s been a blast.

• 81 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Good evening ladies

Everybody in a grumpy mood as usual

• 82 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:16 PM

74Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 6:45 PM

G2

Are you having a cheeky dig

• 83 ToonDarnSarf // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I’d like to see him sacked from a football fan perspective (not a NUFC fan perspective), but I’d also like to see automatic red card for anyone swearing or physically intimidating a ref, bookings for anyone surrounding a ref, retrospective bookings for dives, video refs to catch shirt tugging in the box and a few other things to clean up the game.

Instead the FA books players for taking off their shirts to celebrate and lets all of the above go…

But he hasn’t been sacked, the punishment from the club was severe, the punishment from the FA was expected. So it’s time to move on.

• 84 ToonDarnSarf // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I do find it a bit rich that people have been slagging off Pardew’s tactical nous and his ability to change a game and now that he’s not going to be able to influence mid match decisions for a few games, people are claiming that will cost us points. If Pardew’s decisions have really been that bad, it’s not going to make much of a difference surely??

I reckon it will be really tough for him the first time he sees something and wants to make a change only for Carver to do nothing or make a different change.

• 85 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Interesting interview with Alex Rae on Sky Sports News
    Basically talking about his duties when Paul Ince was given his stadium ban

Basically saying his duty was to issue a bit if a rally call pre match then keep hold of his phone during the game waiting for instruction!

So if they can still communicate, you really have to ask, what’s the f**king point?

• 86 ToonDarnSarf // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:21 PM

TADS

In this case, Pardew is not allowed to communicate with his staff or players during the match.

• 87 mag // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Darnsarf are you a traffic warden or some other busy body profession by any chance?

• 88 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:24 PM

TDS
    Both Ince’s and Pardews are stadium bans, there identical
    Every report has been stating the club will be looking at lines of communications

If there is a communication ban that would be stated in the ban, like UEFA stated when banning pelligrini

The FA have said nothing about not having an open communication line to the dug out and seeing as the club are kitting him out with real time stats and will prob stream the game to him it certainly doesn’t seem like he can’t communicate

• 89 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Will we win the weekend against Fulham with carver in charge for the first time, I hope we do.

• 90 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:26 PM

At

• 91 mag // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Darnsarf@83 sounds like a proper jobsworth he’s trying to turn football into a politically correct joke with more laws than the EU.

• 92 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Love Sounesses face when Redknapp disagrees with him he looks like he’s been kicked in the nuts!

• 93 ToonDarnSarf // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM

mag

I don’t know what you’re getting it. But no.

• 94 ToonDarnSarf // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:39 PM

TADS

Not sure where but I read that earlier today. I also read the same thing about Pellegrini for today’s game.

• 95 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Welsh

No cheeky dig. No dig. A lament, I’d call it.

• 96 rex // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Mag he had a go at me for spelling a name wrong cockney big heed should mind his neb anyways newcastle will draw 2-2 with fulham its a bit since we drew 2-2

• 97 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Come on city! I always find myself rooting for the British teams in Europe.

• 98 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Decisions decisions

Painful drawn out Tika Taka whilst watching Citeh run around like headless chickens

Orrrr

Torture by watching PSG?

• 99 wolfshead@toon // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM

who the fvck is kevin moore anyway

• 100 ToonDarnSarf // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM

TADS

Just found out one place I might have read it…http://www.nufcblog.com/2014/03/12/pardew-will-make-permanent-changes-when-he-returns/

• 101 mag // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM

@93 well read that pile of garbage you trotted out about more laws.

• 102 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM

TDS
    Think that’s the difference though
    Pellegrini’s is UEFA ban and is a communications ban where Pardews and Ince’s is under the FA who are unbelievably stupid and seem to leave loopholes in every rule they write!

• 103 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Souness was clearly counting himself as a big player when he stated big players react to criticism. Okay, he was a big player, but now he’s a big heed. A big heed on a little body.

Brother Troy once blagged himself pitchside after a game at sjp, put an arm round souness and took a selfie. He then told a stunned souness to do the decent and honourable thing and resign.

• 104 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Wolfs

Kevin Moore is clearly a clever and principled bloke.

• 105 wolfshead@toon // Mar 12, 2014 at 7:55 PM

@104

really? he sounds like a tw@t to me

• 106 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:02 PM

People talking of wanting to change the topic, were there any bright young uns last night?

That was a canny turn for the free kick leading to our first goal. Who was that?

• 107 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:23 PM

106Blackley and Brownlie //

What’s the matter with you tonight not talking about pardew, you must have finally seen sense.

• 108 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Welsh

Funny but nobody wants to talk about anyone or anything else.

People were saying they were sick of hearing about Pardew and yet everyone had so many questions and points for blackley that he couldn’t respond to them all. And yet apparently I was spoiling other people from enjoying their craic.

Even now you still can’t help mentioning pardew.

• 109 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Welsh

Oldgit has so many topics he wants to talk about other than pardew, but he’s not seeking to take any advantage of the lull.

• 110 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:38 PM

108Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Now why did you have to mention pardews name, you know there will be an argument going on here in a minute.

Tut tut tut

• 111 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Blackley

What happend to pardew yesterday did he get a ban

• 112 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Happened

• 113 dufuss // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:45 PM

he gotta 7 match bun

• 114 dufuss // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:51 PM

bin even

• 115 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Life is a like a box of chocolates

• 116 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:52 PM

What Leo wants Leo Getz get it

• 117 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I like to be in America
    I like to to in America
    I like to be in America

• 118 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:56 PM

YMCA
    YMCA

• 119 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Welsh

He got a hybrid ban from the FA. But the FA weren’t happy about it and might appeal on the basis it was too lenient.

He also got a club fine of £50k, but he argued that mikey should make it £100k because it sounds better and he won’t be paying it anyway.

• 120 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:05 PM

One of these Barcelona lads couldn’t get a game for Pardew. What was that about again? Was he not doing enough tracking back or something?

• 121 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Blackley

What did I just say, don’t mention pardew now you have just started bringing up old news, shame on you.

Tut tut tut

• 122 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Nobody wants to talk about that now

• 123 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Messi…………… What a goal!!!

• 124 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Welsh

We should go back to the old craic. The pre-headplant banter that dominated for years. Ashley out, boycott, pardew out.

Doh! Mentioned our managers name again.

• 125 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Why is the man city boss in the stands

• 126 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Let’s have a game of the first one to mention our manager’s name is a w@nker.

• 127 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Blackley

Not being funny but you my friend are a muppet

• 128 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM

If that the case you should go first

• 129 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Silva’s only covered 9km, lazy bast@rd.

• 130 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Welsh

Try being funny.

• 131 beermonkey // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM

so will ed do an article on cabaye tomoz
    as he has started tonight
    we have had an article every time he has sat on the bench

• 132 dufuss // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM

coz he called the ref a cheat

• 133 dufuss // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM

this ones hopeless too

• 134 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM

You will find Blackley that I am funny

Great shout beermonkey about cabaye then we can talk about remy

• 135 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Beermonkey
    Probably but not sure what he’s be saying other than “Cabaye started, looked sh1te”

• 136 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Not many people on hear with a sense of humour

Dear me

• 137 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Beermonkey

My money’s on on a right rip roaring remy read.

• 138 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Hands up who wants to be my friend

• 139 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Welsh

I went to post “Try being funny” but got “duplicate comment detected”. Hahahahahahahahahah

• 140 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Blackley

You just mentioned remy now what did oldgit1 say earlier on

Tut tut tut

• 141 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM

You are seriously not funny

• 142 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Welsh

What did oldgit1 say we could talk about again? What was top of his list?

He’s probably dozing in his armchair now after all that nervous energy he expended earlier.

• 143 beermonkey // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

don’t think I could take a remy article till after world cup when he decides

I know what ed does but he could edit what he puts out for us

really there cant be any more that can be said on either cabs or remy

• 144 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Beermonkey

If there’s the slightest bit of moisture left in those old oranges, Ed will find it.

• 145 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I went on the nou camp tour last year. Sjp could be like that if it was finished off.

I was at the nufc 3 barca 2 game. Best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced. All you live streamer boys would have been the cats whiskers boys in those days. I’ll tell you all about it one day.

• 146 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Welsh

I bet you’re the life and soul of the valleys.

• 147 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Blackey I was on about

32Oldgit1 // Mar 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I want to see more positive comment on this site rather than the
    1/ Ashley out.
    2/ Pardew out, one liners

I’m sick of hearing about,
    1/ Pardew should be sacked.
    2/ the clubs finance.
    3/ the clubs debt.
    4/ sports direct.
    5/ is Remy going or staying. (He’s going)
    6/ is shola good enough (no)
    7/ stats on players. (I know if a player is playing well or not)
    8/ when will we take the FA cup seriously (never)
    9/ is top 8 good enough (no)
    10/ wil we get into Europe (no)

Sorry about my earlier blast at blackley n brownlie but he does get on my tit.

No 5 on his list

• 148 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I Like Toast .

• 149 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:56 PM

And I am the life and soul if the valleys, there’s never a dull moment here that’s for sure, have you seen the film twin town.

• 150 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Of

• 151 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM

You like toast, is that white or brown bread and is that jam or marmalade.

• 152 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Twin town, no not seen it.

Once did north wales in a tent. Got some funny looks because I was speaking English.

• 153 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM

@ Welsh

White bread with plenty of peanut butter ;) .

• 154 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Right, off to bed for me. Reading a great book by bart d ehrman “misquoting jesus”.

• 155 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Blackley

Watch it it’s a very funny welsh film

• 156 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Welsh

Very funny welsh film is an oxymoron, isn’t it?. I saw The wolf of wall street recently. That was funny.

• 157 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Just watch the film

• 158 welshgeordie9 // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Unless you haven’t got a sense of humour which you probably ain’t got

• 159 ToonDarnSarf // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:27 PM

TADS

My mistake for believing an article that Ed wrote? I hope the FA closed the loophole, otherwise it’s silly. On the other hand, it’s better for NUFC if they didn’t…

• 160 ToonDarnSarf // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM

First game of the season this Saturday for me. Please let us score a hatful against Fulham!

• 161 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM

@ tads

I think you are probably better off seeing us away from home this season as we always seem to set up as a counter attacking team with bags of pace thanks to Sissoko,Gouff & Remy .

It is one of our most successful tactics and I predict a
    3-1 win with Remy getting a brace and then one of Sissoko, Gouffran or De Jong nicking the other .

• 162 ToonDarnSarf // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

BPC

I’m guessing that was for me. I’m taking my girlfriend and her brother but have to sit in the Fulham end. Still…a good win for us should go some way to converting them both to the cause!

• 163 Gordie // Mar 13, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Ah “fan leaders” are great, got your name in the paper and internet with silly comments, seen it all before. Who elects these “fan leaders”? Do you need to take a test first (you should) He questions why Pardew isn’t arrested? stupid, so he wants players arrested for similar situations? Does the same go for elbows and bad tackles? also I can’t believe I’m reading “if an employee did this I’d get sacked” this is very true but also if I swore repeatly at someone in authority at work I’d be sacked, so do players now get sacked for doing so if they swear at referees? I’m not a huge Pardew fan (what he did was ridiculous and he has been punished) but the criticism by some is just criticism with no thought, Football is a different world to everyday life, I don’t agree with it but it’s true!

previous post: Loic Remy – The Power Of Money Today Is Amazing