Fans’ Leader Wants Pardew Sacked – That’s A Minority View

There’s a quote doing the rounds from Kevin Moore today – and Kevin is the founder of the United for Newcastle supporters group, and Kevin believes Alan Pardew should have been sacked for embarrassing the club, when he head-butted Davide Meyler at Hull City, and for which the manager yesterday received a seven match ban and a £60,000 fine from the FA.

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Hull City v Newcastle United - KC Stadium

Davide Meyler and Alan Pardew confront each other

This is what Kevin is quoted as saying to Perform today:

“In my personal opinion, he should have been sacked for the offence.”  “I don’t want to see anyone representing my football club do something like that, especially the manager of a football club, so I would have liked to see him sacked to be honest.”

“The ban is justifiable for what he did. At the end of the day regardless of player, fan or manager, any level of football club you just can’t do what he did. Especially considering you’re meant to be a role model to young kids.”

“Any manager that does something like that – their reputation goes out of the window. If you did that in the street you’d be arrested, so why wasn’t Alan Pardew arrested at the same time? “His reputation will be tarnished, so rightly it should be. It was a cowardly act.”

Kevin has every right to express his own views, and Pardew was issued with a formal warning by the club, so this act may still get him sacked down the road, if he continues to embarrass the club by his touchline antics.

But in the poll we ran last week, it shows Kevin’s view is in the minority, and with almost 4,000 votes in 76% of readers didn’t think Alan should have been fired – so that’s three in four don’t think he should have lost his job.

Should Alan Pardew Be Fired For His Behavior At Hull?

• No (76%, 3,167 Votes)
  • Yes (24%, 980 Votes)

Total Voters: 4,147

Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

Note: Owen Frost is running from Inverness to London for Cancer Research UK in memory of his mother, who unfortunately passed away in December. Owen starts at Inverness on 15th July and finishes in London on 6th August – please see if you can support Owen here.

• bishopblaize

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Still think it has all gone a bit far. Especially when the player instigated the incident.

Anyway, the man should have had a financial bonus from keeping themackems out of the headlines the following morning lol

The best news they had was their loss come the Monday lol

• G

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM

@ post 1, correct, however, I think Kevin also has a point. Can’t think of any other walk of life where an opposition employee gets nutted, and the nutee keeps his job. Even a soldier would be held accountable for that one.

• toon kk

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM

There’s absolutely no way Mash would or will sack Pards, yes men willing to go along with whatever he says or does are very hard to come by.

• thevirus

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Toon Kk that’s exactly the reason why he’s kept his job , if he questioned Ashley’s decisions he would of been long gone

• Blackley and Brownlie

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I’m pleased that Kevin agrees with me that pardew should have been arrested. I think opinion away from this blog is more evenly split than is the case on this blog.

Whether or not he should be sacked for it is another matter, but I find it difficult to argue against kevin on that one.

• croftus5678

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:11 PM

lol so kevin thinks everyone can not do such a thing as they are all role models but believes pards should have been sacked for it ye ? so players should be sacked for doing it also ye ?

some people just dont know what they are writing sometimes >.< i'm afraid he doesnt represent me as a supporter !

no pards shouldnt have done it but i believe the player should have had some action against him also and that pards punishment should have been the same as every other players punishment that players have done many many times before.

tbh people go way over the top calling it a headbutt and surely theres no person on the face of this earth there if that happened to them they would call it a headbutt !
    he squared up to him (bloody hate drama queens that make things out to be 20 times worse)

• Coach

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I was at a small sports event in Manchester last night. It wasn’t about football but most of the 30-40 people there were Man Utd or Man City fans. Every single one of them thought that this was a lot of fuss about nothing, they didn’t even think it qualified as a head butt.

Maybe it’s not a big enough sample to mean much but I would have expected at least a few to take a negative line.

• MosesNUFC

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:13 PM

PARDEW OUT LAUDRUP IN

• croftus5678

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM

headbutt(Noun)
    A sharp blow delivered by driving the head into the opponent, generally by lowering the head and charging forward or by rapidly tilting the head backward and then forward.
    headbutt(Verb)
    To deliver a sharp blow by driving the head into an opponent.

does not sound like a headbutt to me !!!

• yo-yo

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM

G

Deepcut barracks and many other cases of bullying /even rape would tell a different story

• toonluvva

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I’m not a Pardew supporter in any way, shape or form.

I think if he is to be fired it should on footballing grounds, and those alone.

Mr Ashley will not sack Pardew unless we are in very serious danger of relegation, we might see the back of him sometime around January 2015.

The problem then will be that our league position could be as much due to lack of investment as the inability to coach the team properly.

All in all I expect Pardew to be our coach for sometime yet.

• Oldgit1

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM

@ blackley n brownlie. Will you wind your frigging neck in, I’m sick and tired of reading your comments on this site your holy and thou attitude to something you have appeared to revel in. Piss off with your so called opinions. AP is not being charged by the police so live with.

He has received his punishment so let’s forget it. Move on.

Strewth. You can’t make this guy up.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Oh well Kevin, he hasn’t been, so maybe we should move on now?

I do find it amazing how little is being made of the fact that Ashley does continue to back Pardew. For those who deem Pardew to be one of the worst things to happen to this club, I do find it amazing how they still consider Pardew to be the main problem. At what stage do they look to Ashley, Pardews boss?

Just a symptom of the problem, not the actual problem, imho. He does keep the public busy and the topic off of Ashley…funny that.

• NOVA2967

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Lets see hockey, american football, even basketball shove each other. Baseball gets in fist fights.
    The main thing is that players do it all the time and get three match bans. Cant believe people are calling for his head. Why doesn’t he get a three match band, because he is a coach and is held to a higher standard okay I get it. Seven games sounds about right. Inexcusable but overreaction from everyone. I think the punishment is fair and he should be warned even tho I wouldn’t even call that a head butt.

Well Steve Bruce in if he was fired.

• G

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:39 PM

@10 fair comments, but if Deepcut and similar events had the kind of audience that AP had for his headbutt (There was, unfortunately, contact made, ergo, headbutt) then soldiers would have been punished accordingly.

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Fair play to this bloke for setting up a support group, seems to back a lot of charities etc.

But I don’t get why he’s doing an interview, especially when he states it’s his opinion, not one of his supporters group

• GeordieTwo

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Let’s wait and see how badly Ashley screws up the summer. If it is bad as I fear then he will need a scapegoat and that will be Pardew next season, sometime around November. The chances of Mike SmallBerries spending the amount of money needed to set the club on the right foot are exactly zero.

• yo-yo

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Spoof – few threads back

My point was that Catchy constantly bigs up the unwashed and their last two (or three) managers as being superior, wishes us to lose as many games as it takes to see AP be sacked, and has suggested our previous failed managers have better tactics.
    My conclusion – CfN is a concealed Mackem troll and has been all along. Now, as we all know, many of the unwashed are serious knuckle draggers, and given Catchy’s inabilities with the English Language this would tend to support the Mackem troll hypothesis.

I appreciate irony is a little difficult to pick up on a blog but regardless of that I am somewhat more than pi55ed off with being told everything about Sunderland is better than the Toon by a supposed ‘supporter’ of NUFC….from their tactics, through amazing levels of managerial competence to a high level of ambition.

I also reserve the right to attack another blogger’s views, especially when given in support of our main rival, and given CfN’s frequent use of the description ‘numpty’ for all other posters who do not share his mackem loving opinions then maybe you should take a look at yourself too 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM

G
    So when you said “any other walk of life ” you actually only meant televised ones

• G

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM

@19, no, just witnessed. AP’s just happened to be televised.

• Ibizatoon

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM

G2…Where do these fears that Ashley wont spend enough come from?

Honestly mate, when has Ashley ever let us down before?

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Ibiza
    I’m still wondering when people/posters are going to twig that if he hasn’t been sacked by now it simply isn’t going to happen!!!

• Ibizatoon

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM

tads…It seems fairly obvious to me, but maybe I’m missing something?

As G2 pointed out, Pardew will be kept in play until it suits Ashley to do otherwise. It wont be about footballing reasons, more controlling reasons imo.

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM

G
    Sorry but don’t agree, in any other walk of life
    a) no one would call that a head butt, just two blokes squaring up
    b) just can’t see anyone getting sacked for that, especially not squadie’s

• Greebol1892

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Oldgit1

Couldn’t agree more. Bring on the football. Tired of so-called “news” / witch-hunt about our misbehaving manager (done to death), or a player that is not even ours (Remy), or an ex-player (Cabaye). zzzzzzzz

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Ibiza
    Very true
    As long as we’re 10th-7th and not in any cups, he’s got a job!
    Ashley must of actually been pleased this happened, there was too much talk of having an outside chance at qualifying for the Europa!

• G

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM

@24, fair enough, thats your opinion, and I respect it, even if I don;t share it. I’ve seen lads sent to Colchester, and booted out for less.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Ibiza mate, how’ve you been? We had become quite concerned. Talk of mipple fetishes, tassle dependence from certain quarters. Harrumph.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Ok Ibiza mate I’m going to lower the Cones of Internet Silence over the two of us now so we can have a private chat. So what’s really been happening? I heard the budgie smuggling ring had been busted wide open. Jesper is on the run. And I never believed the whole bogus chest hair rumours for a minute. I know you would never offer yak hair substitutes at half price mate. The thought of it. Harrumph.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Spot on Greebol1892 @25. Why discuss loan strikers when we have such brilliant strikers of our own? Why, there’s Shola, and er Gouffy sort of. Just teasing mate but you see what I mean? We are a bit short on that front.

• mindshaft

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Oh dear – not the role model bollocks again – if you’re looking at sportsmen to be a role model or they can’t tell the difference between right and wrong you should really be looking at your parenting skills and ultimately asking if you should really have kids at all

• Oldgit1

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I want to see more positive comment on this site rather than the
    1/ Ashley out.
    2/ Pardew out, one liners

I’m sick of hearing about,
    1/ Pardew should be sacked.
    2/ the clubs finance.
    3/ the clubs debt.
    4/ sports direct.
    5/ is Remy going or staying. (He’s going)
    6/ is shola good enough (no)
    7/ stats on players. (I know if a player is playing well or not)
    8/ when will we take the FA cup seriously (never)
    9/ is top 8 good enough (no)
    10/ wil we get into Europe (no)

I want to hear about potential new players, Ashey has sold the club, new manager, new coaching staff, new DOF. Is it too much to ask.

Sorry about my earlier blast at blackley n brownlie but he does get on my tit.

• thejokethatisnufc

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM

ppl need to grow up if they think he should be arrested idiots.

• thejokethatisnufc

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:15 PM

@32 couldnt agree more had it upto my back teeth here with all the bickering

• Ibizatoon

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM

tads…Pleased? Without Pardew on the touchline we’ll be sure to qualify for EL after an unbeaten run! Or something like that anyway 🙂

G2…I believe the Yak hair products were running at 75% off actually, you know, needing to move the stock on quickly…

Can’t comment on the budgie smuggling yet, it’s still too early. I mean, I don’t know what you’re talking about….as for mipple fetishes…beautiful!

OldGit…The left or right one?

I like those new topics…shame they have no connection to reality.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:28 PM

You know this really ticks me off as well mates! It makes me so angry I could bite my own leg off and beat myself with it! Let’s get on with discussions of true seriosity! Let’s talk of our incredible excellence at the top! Who else has a Mike SmallBerries to brag about? Who else had the privilege of having Big Joe as DoF and now tea lady? That’s what I’m talking about.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Well that’s what I’ve been trying to bring to the blog for ages now Ibiza mate. A true connection with reality. Let’s get grounded. More down to earth. We don’t need to talk about Ibiza’s man fondling own nipples videos! We don’t need to eat any more of Jesper’s hallucinogenic pie fillings. Let’s focus now on the future. Beautiful.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Is everyone with us as we enter the new age of reasoned argument on the blog then? Huzzah!

• Blackley and Brownlie

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Oldgit

You’re as entitled as anyone to voice your opinion so no need to be sorry.

I don’t bring this topic up. It keeps coming up. It’s on the radio now. In fact the radio keeps replaying my contribution as a lead in.

I hear there’s another guy in league 2 just bitten an opponent. It seems the fa will deal with that. When are the police gojng take responsibility for enforcing the law of the land even handedly? They’ve abrogated responsibility to the fa, who, like the vatican, appears to be a law unto itself.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Does anyone else have problems writing on this blog from your phone? It freezes all the time 🙁

1 2 3 5