The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew Will Make Permanent Changes When He Returns

8:20 am, Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

When Newcastle manager Alan Pardew was given a formal warning by Newcastle for his behavior on the touchline at Hull City almost two weeks ago, that was serious in itself.

John Carver black track suit

John Carver – will handle the touchline duties for next seven games

What it basically means is that if something like that happens again, or maybe even something like the Pellegrini incident earlier this year,  when Alan used really foul language to Manchester City manager,  or pushing the linesman like he did in August, 2012,  he could be fired for cause.

And since this is the best job in management Alan has ever had, and he seems to enjoy managing the famous Tyneside club, the news is that even after the seven match ban hje was handed yesterday is over,  he will remain in the stands for the final three games of the season.

Former Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce used to do that in the first half of games, and being higher up in the stands does give the manager a better view of the game, and what’s happening.

Alan even mentioned this at the news conference after the Hull City game that it was time he was not on the touchline, given he cannot seem to control himself in the heat of the moment, when there’s significant stress on the managers.

John Carver will now lead the team affairs for the next three games and Pardew is not allowed any contact at all with the coaching staff during the game, but when he returns to the stands in the game at Southampton, that could be the new norm with Alan always sitting in the stands.

For the next three games the team talk with the players will take place in a hotel suite that Alan will be using during the game, and it will take place before John Carver and the team depart for the stadium.

We’ll just have to wait and see how this affects Newcastle’s results, but it’s hardly what we wanted for the next seven games.

Note: Owen Frost is running from Inverness to London for Cancer Research UK in memory of his mother, who unfortunately passed away in December. Owen starts at Inverness on 15th July and finishes in London on 6th August – please see if you can support Owen here.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Other News · Suspensions

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 clinath@ed // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Director of football?

• 2 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 12, 2014 at 8:45 AM

I’ve long said that managers would benefit from sitting in the stand. Come and sit next to me alan and you’ll see why I pull my hair out at your failure to see and react to the obvious.

• 3 derekm // Mar 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM

We are very lucky in many respects in as much as most of the team itself are fringe / starters for their national teams – the world cup places will give the motivation, not any team talks in a hotel suite!

• 4 thevirus // Mar 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Seeing as though his team talks are rubbish for the most part I don’t think this ban will have a negative affect more likely the opposite ( hopefully)

• 5 thevirus // Mar 12, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Hopefully the permanent change will be he will tender his resignation . I used to think Pardew was ok at first now I’m so tired of listening to his lame excuses, I was at the Bobby Robson charity show at the sage a few years back and heard him say he wanted to win a cup with Newcastle, at the time I thought it was a brave comment to make now I see he was talking out of his cockney arse. No cup run no cup

• 6 Reggie // Mar 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM

B&B
    Too bloody right, can’t believe the decisions he makes sometimes!

• 7 1numBA9 // Mar 13, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I have followed this blog site for many years now without participating because I just let the rubbish go in the rubbish. but I have to comment on two subjects: 1…if remy (lower case for a reason) feels he is bigger than his current club then let him go and be the small footballer at a bigger club, as a matter of fact I hope that we do not bid for the little man. if he wants greener grass then go but lets all just shut up about this guy already(enough).
    2…either you are a NEWCASTLE UNITED supporter or you are not… your negative words and blogs and columns are not contributing to the club forward progress nor is it helping with straightening the daily runnings of the club. So shut up you idiots that know so much about football. please stop supporting the club I love, you are all a disgrace to NUFC and should be ashamed of yourselves for blogging the poop you have been over the past three years or more.
    leave Ashley alone, leave Pardew alone… by the way leave the all good people of Newcastle that truely love football and respect the club…alone. as for Pardew, I am proud he stood up to that punk that shoved him, but not one is even acknowledging the fact and stressing the fact that had meyler not pushed the manager then he would not have put his head to his ugly face. I glad my manager stood up unlike you cowards…. get off!!!!

• 8 Sav // Mar 13, 2014 at 1:58 AM

You lot must be newbies? I can remember plenty of Toon managers a lot worse than this one. Frankly, to be in the top half given the circumstances he’s working under this season is little short of miraculous. No wonder he has a hair trigger on the touch-line.

• 9 AndyMac // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:17 PM

“Sav – You lot must be newbies? I can remember plenty of Toon managers a lot worse than this one. Frankly, to be in the top half given the circumstances he’s working under this season is little short of miraculous”

I recall many managers at NUFC who were as bad as Pardwho however I cant remember too many better squads than the one this clueless fw has to work with ?

previous post: FA Unhappy That Pardew Punishment Is So Lenient