The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Pardew To Speak Today About His Seven Match FA Ban

9:03 am, Thursday, March 13th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 11 Comments

We had thought that John Carver would be holding the press conference today, but it looks like Alan Pardew will continue all the media,  duties except the post match press conferences, which the assistant manager will handle.

alan pardew stoke at home 5-1

Alan Pardew – will hold press conference today

Newcastle are playing the bottom of the league side Fulham, who are currently 4 points from safety at the bottom of the league table.

Alan will be talking to his players and staff today about how his seven match ban will be handled by the club, and then presumably he will be asked a number of questions about those things at his press conference later today.

There were stories earlier in the week that Alan will have a number of video operators in his hotel suite,  who will help the Newcastle manager analyze the game – at least for the first three games of his ban, which are stadium bans.

And he will gather the squad together in his hotel suite before each game pre-match talk, and they will then depart for the stadium and the game, and the first time that will happen is in London on Saturday.

It should be interesting to see if Alan expands on how he expects to handle things over the next seven games, and whether he will stay in the stands from now on, which has been widely rumored.

The Newcastle manager may well be advised to keep off the touchline from now on – because one more such altercation as happened at Hull, and he will be fired as the Newcastle manager.

There was also news he will be taking anger management classes to try to control some of his more negative impulses – like headbutting players of the opposing side. :(

What do you think?

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Other News · Premier League

11 responses so far ↓

• 1 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM

It all sounds farcical, that’s what I think.

• 2 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Chill out on holiday and let carver get on with it.

• 3 welshgeordie9 // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Now Blackley don’t start thinking, you might hurt your head

• 4 Laurent Robert 32 // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Blackley, I like our players a lot. For me, it is Carr’s ability to find such good players though. Ashley just outlays next to nothing.

If we had a less adequate scout, the ultra mininal outlay would be shown up even further, especially when Pardew usually relies on wonder goals, freekicks and long range efforts to nick points.

• 5 Spoof // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Laurent

what are you on about, Graham Carr is part of Alan Pardew’s back room team, you cannot praise the back room team and then criticize the manager, that doesn’t make sense as it is a joint effort from all of them !

• 6 Thump // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I can see it now: “I absolutely deserve the punishment handed down to me by the FA’s Independent Commission and I strongly agree with their decision that I’m a stupid old cnut.”

• 7 martoon // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I think we generally agree that Graham Carr is a very good scout so surely Ashley deserves some praise for retaining him on such a long contract? I just wish he would employ somebody equally as competent as the next DoF/Chairman instead of one of his drinking buddies!

• 8 Jail for Ashley // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Blackley,
    I think if you recall it was Mikey that bought Viduka, shame you can’t remember, Shearer, Beardsley, Ferdinand, Ginola, Albert etc when listing the players our previous owners bought.

• 9 Spoof // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Thump

in fairness to Pardew he has never tried to excuse his actions and hide from them, he knew he was wrong and accepted what came his way !

Martoon

I agree that Carr has got us some decent players, but as we all accept, the biggest problem is the lack of investment, so bearing that in mind how can we call Pardew (for results and performance) when we are 8th in the table, if we were higher we would be challenging the top 4, now lets be honest, can we expect to be challenging the top 4 without any investment, no we can’t so what I would like to know is just what do these Pardew bashers expect from him, the way I see Pardew could not possibly get us any higher than what we are, so why do people have a go at him and say he should be sacked for being hopeless, it just simply doesn’t add up ?

• 10 barkel // Mar 13, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Have to agree with Spoof @9. At the start of the season I thought we might get 7th depending on how Everton were going to do without Moyes. The teams above us in the table are teams you would expect to be above us considering the amount of money put into them. I think we can only hope for 7th/8th going forward unless we build on our squad

• 11 1numBA9 // Mar 13, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I have followed this blog site for many years now, without participating because I just let the rubbish go in the rubbish. but I have to comment on two subjects: 1…if remy (lower case for a reason) feels he is bigger than his current club then let him go and be the small footballer at a bigger club, as a matter of fact I hope that we do not bid for the little man. if he wants greener grass then go but lets all just shut up about this guy already(enough).
    2…either you are a NEWCASTLE UNITED supporter or you are not… your negative words and blogs and columns are not contributing to the club forward progress nor is it helping with straightening the daily runnings of the club. So shut up you idiots that know so much about football. please stop supporting the club I love, you are all a disgrace to NUFC and should be ashamed of yourselves for blogging the poop you have been over the past three years or more.
    leave Ashley alone, leave Pardew alone… by the way leave the all good people of Newcastle that truely love football and respect the club…alone. as for Pardew, I am proud he stood up to that punk that shoved him, but not one of you is even acknowledging the fact and stressing the fact that had meyler not pushed the manager then he would not have put his head to his ugly face. I’m glad my manager stood up unlike you cowards…. get off!!!!

previous post: John Carver Has The Experience To Do Well At Newcastle