Debuchy Could Be Next To Leave Newcastle This Summer

There are reports in Italy today that Roma are interested in taking Mathieu Debuchy to the Italian capital in the summer, and Mathieu could well be the next big player to leave the club.

Mathieu Debuchy Aston Villa

Mathieu Debuchy – playing great for France these days

There’s always been a link with Roma for our former players Yohan Cabaye (very former these days since he’s gone) and Mathieu Debuchy, because both were managed  by current Roma boss Rudi Gracia, when they won the French Championship back in 2011.

And Yohan was linked with Roma before he finally moved to PSG in January, so maybe the Garcia link is the reason this news is being reported in Italy today.

The news is that the Director of Football at Roma – Walter Sabatini – has already started discussions to take Debuchy to Rome, but that’s a little hard to believe.

The very last player Newcastle will want to lose this summer is Mathieu, but as always it will depend on money, and we suppose if Newcastle get an offer they can’t refuse for the French International – well they wont refuse it.

And he’ll be gone – that’s unfortunately the way things work at Newcastle these days, where finances are more important than the team.

Mathieu has already improved big time at Newcastle, since he arrived fourteen months ago, and he is now France’s number one right back and he’s been playing very well for his country this season.

And it wouldn’t surprise us too much if some big European clubs were interested in him this summer, and that’s especially true if he has a good World Cup for France in Brazil in June.

For the record, Mathieu turns 29 in July and has played 42 times for Newcastle with one goal.

What do you think?

• yo-yo

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:59 PM

On player gambling and depression.
    There are enough ex Gooners running help centres to provide a lot of top quality support for players with all sorts of problems.
    Also the PFA are surely well aware of the problems pro footballers have and really ought to be more pro-active in providing support.
    Not everything is the clubs ”fault’ or responsibility.
    Surely Gosling’s Mam could have been there for him and offered more than harsh words after the event.
    The lad has my sympathies but I believe that the family ought to the basis for support in the first instance.
    Isn’t it a bit ironic to blame the club given the reputation of both our revered manager and owner in obsessively enjoying a ‘wee flutter’ ? Hardly role models.

• rex

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Another frog wants away sign some england lads

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Ciaran

You clearly don’t know as much about this as you think you do.

If someone came up to me and said “I have the flu”, then you’re damn right I’d call them on it! The flu is highly infectious, usually makes people bed-ridden for several days and is potentially lethal to vulnerable people. A cold can have very severe symptoms but it’s not the same thing at all.

23 years old and with all the life experience in the world right? How could you have learned so much when you spend so little time actually taking onboard what other people say?

“Depressed” is a massively overused word. When a friend of mine (as one recently did) came to me with troubles, she didn’t use that word and she didn’t need to. However, it’s clear to me that she’s in a bad place and “depression” is probably the right word for it. Literally hundreds of people have told me that they’re depressed and I think they were all just having a bad time of it, I can think of 3 people off the top of my head who genuinely were depressed and not one of them came out and said they were.

The duty that an employer has to their staff is limited. It is not usually the employer’s role to hire counsellors and offer support to someone when they are having a bad time. Much of that is available via a doctor.

23 and you think you know so much yet you spend so little time actually taking onboard what others say…you argue completely different points that people have made in order to feel like you’re winning the discussion, you’re like a really bad politician.

I never even suggested that wealthy people are less prone to depression, in fact I suggested quite the opposite as they are often living in an unnatural environment with temptations that they are not prepared for. Read my damn post properly before you post things to try to make me look like the unreasonable one.

And finally, I suggest you stick to the topic in hand and in fact stick to football.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:32 PM

It’s not easy to see how we build a competitive club with our current owner. If several players leave which seems likely (Remy, Cisse, Obertan, Gosling, with Debuchy, Colo,and Shola as other possibilities) we would need at least 5 decent incoming including at least 2 decent strikers. This would cost a significant amount. Possibly as much as 40M. What are the chances Ashley would spend like that even after selling Cabaye and getting some money for Cisse and Debuchy (the rest are dross except Santon and Colo or can just leave)? Also what about Saylor? It’s a huge task now and I can’t see Pardew and Ashley being up to it. In fact it makes me laugh just thinking about it. A harsh painful laugh.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:37 PM

A clear sign of our owner turning over a new leaf would be if he had himself publicly flogged in Newcastle and then turned over the running of the club to a decent football man. Then give him decent transfer funds without strings attached. Since we are in the black now it could be done without ruining us financially. Will it happen? Will pigs fly to Miami for a vacation in the sun?

• GeordieTwo

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Wow the last few posts are averaging about 12 comments each. Do not ask for whom the bell tolls as they say.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Off for now mates. I’ll try again later to see if there’s any interest in getting a discussion going.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Testing testing testing

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Testing 1 2 3

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I would say it’s almost certain that Remy, Shola, Marv and Obertan would leave this summer. There are also genuine question marks over Cisse, Ben Arfa and Saylor. We have no idea about the situation with Colo and all other news is just speculation.

I think if we’d kept Cabaye then our squad would be just about the right size to allow youth players to challenge around the fringes still. But we didn’t. So at a minimum, we need as good or better replacements for Cabaye, Remy, LDJ, Marv, Shola and Obertan. That’s 6 players. Can the likes of Armstrong, Campbell, Vuckic or Abeid fill any of those gaps? Possibly 1 or two best case scenario.

I reckon at least 2 of Cisse, Ben Arfa, Colo and Saylor will leave and of course there’s always a chance that we’ll get a big bid for the likes of Krul, Santon, Debuchy, Tiote or Sissoko…

So, best case I can think of, we need to sign 4 players, worst case we’ll need 11 or 12! I think we’ll need to sign 4 or 5 first team players and another 2 or 3 young squad players on top of the usual buys for the youth team.

Lets hope our DoF is keeping busy! Oh…

• Ciaran

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:57 PM

TDS

It’s telling how entrenched under your skin I really am.

As for your suggestions. Need I tell you where you can stick them?

You put so much emphasis on how old I am, it seems to really grate on you. I took on board what you said, and gleaned from it points which I then used to make my point. If you felt that was made to make you look unreasonable then that’s your beef, not mine.

For a man who is evidently much more world wise than I am, how is it that you are so easily wound up by me? When a kid comes at me with a seemingly ridiculous point of view I don’t take it to heart, but you clearly take my opinions and views to heart, which I find telling of your maturity.

For the record, I don’t take your opinion to heart because I find you to be an utterly ridiculous human being and the work I am doing for the betterment of our club to enact positive change fills me with a warm fuzzy feeling that makes anything one could spout on an internet forum redundant.

Until next time old foe – is foe the right term? Foes tend to be equal…

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Does anyone have problems with their phone when on this website?

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Ciaran

You mistake my tone. I’m not angry or wound up. The only thing that grates slightly is that I begrudgingly accept that you are a passionate and well spoken individual. On the surface, your posts often seem to be on the money and people taking them at face value will get the wrong impression. Like newspapers like the Sun and Daily Mail, you write in a sneaky colourful manner in order to get your nasty little biased opinion across. In fact, I think you’d do quite well to consider a job for a publication such as those. You could have a good career but I don’t consider them worth of wiping my arse with.

You’re not my foe, you remind me of someone I used to work with who on the surface seemed like the life and soul of the party and everyone liked him but he was actually making up stories and playing people off against each other. After a few months everyone had cottoned on and he wasn’t invited out for drinks any more. But not everyone has cottoned onto your sneaky ways on here and new people will get caught into your nasty little trap.

I give you credit where credit is due, but that’s not a compliment…

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:09 PM

jesper

Yes! It keeps diverting to the damn app store. I’ve given up using it on my iPhone or iPad now.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Tds…mine has been freezing for the last few days 🙁

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM

And it is only on here

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM

jesper

It does that to me too. Opens the app store and then freezes. Trick is to press the X just after the comments have loaded but before the crappy adverts. But that’s too much hassle so I don’t bother any more.

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:14 PM

jesper

Yep. Despite Ed and others blaming it on my browser, ad-blocker and other things.

I have installed ad-blocker on my laptop so that takes care of the dodgy pop-ups on that but doesn’t change the fact that it’s caused by the money grabbing adverts on the site.

• beermonkey

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:15 PM

given the fact debuchy has one decent move left in him due to his age soon to be 29
    I wouldn’t blame him he will command good wages and 4 year deal to take him till he retires
    cant blame him he wont win anything with us

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Damn windows phone 🙁

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Tds…it is just annoying as hell 🙁

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I wouldn’t blame any player if they got a move to Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG, Chelski, City or Arsenal. Possibly Man Utd and Liverpool too. But that’s only 9 teams. Do any of them actually want Debuchy?

• Tsunki

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM

I don’t think the phone problem is platform dependant I have to use a secure browser on my BlackBerry so you might want to search for one that will work for your OS. Oh and it’s definitely Eds site, the advertisers have cookie-driven payloads to push ads so you really need to turn off Flash at the very least.

• Ciaran

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:24 PM

TDS

I’m a very affable person, and contrary to the image of me that is painted in your head, as straight laced a person as you can get. If I like someone, they’ll know, if I dislike someone, they’ll be aware of this as well.

I think you are very well aware that I dislike you.

Your backhanded compliment/veiled insult was clever (by your usual standards) but I detest the sensationalism and idiocy that tabloid journalism represents so no I will not take my career down that path. However, perhaps the reason my posts seem, prima facie, to be on the money is that they generally are, in my own humble opinion at least.

With reference to your analogy, how can you explain that I am generally well received on this site by people who have been present here for years? In fact, those who clearly have an agenda against me would admit that it is due to me coming into direct and open conflict with them, nothing down to my being sneaky or underhand in any way, so I am afraid that your analogy has absolutely no relevancy in relation to myself whatsoever.

Perhaps you dislike the fact that I call it like I see it. I call you like I see you, and the conclusion that is formed is a very unpleasant, objectionable person who has a very crass manner in dealing with people.

But what do I know? I’m only 23…

• Tsunki

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Anyway if Debuchy has any sense and especially if he has a good world cup, he should move on. At this stage of his career. We should have been getting his understudy up to speed by now anyway, whoever that is.

• Tsunki

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Is this the right room for an argument?

😀

• Tsunki

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:30 PM

So if Rangers get back into the SPL next season, will Mike be likely to consolidate his advertising with a likely CL club and possibly even move out of NUFC altogether?

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Ciaran

I don’t know if I dislike you. I do know that I dislike this “internet persona” that you have admitted you have on here. Unless that was some more bull to deflect criticism…

Some people on here will be Sun or Daily Mail readers so they obviously don’t mind getting their information from biased sources that write in a simple way for them to understand. I totally disagree that you’re well received on this site, you just have a knack of disappearing when people gang up on you…

You are sneaky because you don’t take other people’s comments onboard and then comment on what they wrote, you twist what they wrote and then argue in passionate terms like that person argued completely the opposite to you point when in actual fact they presented a much more balanced view.

I could talk about how I don’t like modern popular black culture and explain that it’s because I don’t like all the “niggas and hoes” attitude and someone like you could turn it around and claim that I don’t like black people and do I really think that all black people are like that. The relevance is in the specific words used in that case, “modern” and “popular”. The same goes for my comments on here, you seem to scan read them and pick out the bits that suit your agenda to contradict.

Like I said…sneaky.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Tsunki…i switched from an android phone to a windows phone because of this damn site to begin with 🙁

• GeordieTwo

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Yes, I agree it’s this site jesper and Tsunki. It seems to be getting worse. Is there any other blog we could meet on? I’m getting tired of it.

• Mike's Iron Curtain

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Only when a mosquito lands on your testicles, do you realise there is a way to solve any problem without violence.

• Tommyy

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Honestly, these egoments are a great side read. If there’s no real news to talk about regarding NUFC, why not let the self – perceived titans clash? Carry on I say!

• GeordieTwo

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Complete disarray at the club and yet we’re still in 8th place. Amazing. Shows how poor the clubs below us are. I still think Southampton will pass us. The rest should be too far back.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I agree MIC @31. And let the great eagle of justice lay eggs in Mike’s underpants. 😯

• GeordieTwo

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Harrumph I say Tommyy. I don’t even understand what they are talking about half the time.

• Mike's Iron Curtain

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Ruddy has always been a sly, Machiavellian git. It’s his chosen life path, to twist words – he’s training as a lawyer – that’s what they do, they’re not interested in the truth, they’re interested in winning the argument at any cost. Take what he says with a pinch of salt and see his contributions for what they are, him getting some practice in for his future occupation.

• Ciaran

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

TDS

It is natural for you to believe that I am not well received, as you have personal issues with me you are more likely to come to that conclusion than someone who has assessed me objectively so needless to say, your input into that matter can be readily disregarded. All I can say is that, in my opinion, the majority of people I have engaged with would not claim that I am underhand and sneaky. In fact, this is the first time – in the 4 years I have been commenting here – that anyone has levelled that accusation at me.

Perhaps the reason I find it easy to represent your point of view to be unreasonable is because of the very fact that you tend to be unreasonable to begin with. You portray yourself as someone who is incredibly balanced, yet the amount of times you have instigated a discussion by insulting someone as ‘morons’ or ‘idiots’ are numerous.

All I can say is that, I can live with the fact that you think I am sneaky, because I do believe that many people often disregard your opinion as the nonsense it so often is.

• GeordieTwo

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:41 PM

This is always the right room for an argument Tsunki mate! :0

• Ciaran

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:41 PM

But let’s use this a platform for Ian and his many friends to come out and slate me, they rarely miss an opportunity.

• beermonkey

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Tsunki

nothing to stop him owning both

nothing to stop him taking our new tv cash to buy rangers they will never allow celtic or rangers in the prem so it wouldn’t be a problem

think there is a problem in Europe but as we wont be going for Europe no problem

1 2 3 5