The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Player So Important To Newcastle Through End Of Season

3:05 pm, Friday, March 14th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 169 Comments

The good news for tomorrow is that captain Fabricio Coloccini returns from his week-long compassionate leave in Argentina, and Colo will be a welcome return at Craven Cottage,  when the Newcastle side have to put up without having manager Alan Pardew in the stadium, as he serves the first match of a three match stadium ban.

fab coloccini crystal palace

Fab Coloccini – welcome return to the side tomorrow

Then for the four matches after that it’s a touchline ban, but at least then Alan will be able o communicate with John Carver on the bench.

But a key figure for Newcastle over the next seven games and through the end of the season is Coloccini, the Newcastle skipper, and Newcastle always seem to play better when he’s in the side, and Colo needs to step up to the plate for Newcastle, starting tomorrow at Fulham.

His leadership will be key to help settle the players down and ensure the game-plan is being carried out, but from what Colo has said on the Newcastle web-site,  he certainly seems to be up for the challenge:

“The manager apologized to us for what happened at Hull and we all accepted that.” “Now we move on and it is all about focusing on the next game and the rest of the season.”

“This weekend will be a bit strange because the manager will not be on the bench. It is normal that he is there but for the next few weeks he will not be.” “However, we have John Carver, who has a lot of experience, there instead.”

“It is not just about John.” “Without the manager there it is up to all the players to step up and improve, and that includes me as captain.” “I always lead the team and give them my opinion, but now I have to help even more.”

“When I am on the pitch, it is my responsibility to pass on the manager’s instructions and lead us.” “Now, that job is even more important without the manager there. I will be there to help John and hopefully we can get some wins, starting at Fulham on Saturday.”

And these last 10 games could be Colo’s last for the club,  if he decides he wants to return permanently to Buenos Aries in the summer to be with his family.

For the record, Colo has now played 201 times with five goals for Newcastle since he signed on from Deportivo in August of 2008, when Kevin Keegan was still manager, and he stayed with the club when we were relegated in his first season on Tyneside.

And Colo was one of the key players for Newcastle in the promotion season,  and was selected in the Championship team of the season in 2010, and he has been playing great for Newcastle over the last few years.

And then a couple of years later he was selected into the Premier League team of the season in 2012, after Newcastle finished in 5th place.

Coloccini has turned out to be a good buy at £10.6M, and we hope for two things – one is that he has a great game tomorrow and shows some real leadership on the pitch – and the second is that he stays with Newcastle through the end of his contract, which still has two years to run from the end of June.

What do you think?

Tags: Coaching · Fabricio Coloccini · Leadership · Premier League

169 responses so far ↓

• 1 mag // Mar 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM

That’s how desperate NUFC, are relying on a statuesque centre halve, who’s best playing days are well past.

• 2 mindshaft // Mar 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

mag – probably sadder that a in your eyes a statuesque past it centre half is still the best we have in that position and is still one of our most consistent players ( when he plays that is )

• 3 beermonkey // Mar 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

we need to cb if we can sell saylor and if colo goes
    not sure good will be ready he wold benefit from another season onloan

so who can we realistically buy preference being English/british

caulker at Cardiff he looked ok coming through at spurs
    cant think of anymore

• 4 rex // Mar 14, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Colacini would have been flogged at any of the top clubs far the way he went on about leaving and being to slow for the premier league he was a good player but hes getting on now he’s still better than that shawcrass though but

• 5 rex // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM

2-2 draw is what i reckon the score the morro but id like newcastle to beat fulham and put another nail in the coffin I want them to go down the cockney clubs and keep north clubs up

• 6 Graeme // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Unfortunately Colo now has the turning circle of an oil-tanker, plus he is at least a yard slower this season then last – when coupled with his stated desire to leave, he should be sold as soon as the season ends.

Any normal football club would know they need at least 2 CB’s and would be well on the path to signing their replacement. Likewise with Strikers – we desperately need 2, signed to NUFC and their recruitment should be well under way.

No doubt the heirachy will have an epiphany around the end of July and realise – oops, hey we maybe need a player or 2, now, what should we do about it!!!!

• 7 Ciaran // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Colo is without doubt one of the finest centre halves we have had in living memory. The only one better that I can remember in my lifetime was the oft injured Jonathan Woodgate, and even though I don’t remember him playing I am sure others would probably say Killer Kilcline is in that bracket too.

Colo is a little slower now, but he is as intelligent a centre half as we’ve ever had, though his best days are past he can still do a job in the PL. If he was willing to stay, I’d love to see it happen, but if he really wants to go, we should let him leave.

• 8 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:19 PM

be absolutely awesome to get all three points tomorrow… think we can… think we can.. think we can….

• 9 Ciaran // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Dok

Bugger off with your positive vibes, they aren’t welcome here :P

• 10 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM

What’s this about positive vibes? Oh, they aren’t welcome! I have come to the right place after all.

I think we’ll win tomorrow. We should anyway, I just think the players will want to put in a performance for Pardew.

Then again, this is Newcastle…

• 11 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM

ciaran,

im sorry, itll not happen again… :(

ive decided id like to see palace stay up though…

• 12 Ciaran // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Ibiza

I was very positive going in to the Hull game, and other than a certain head-butting incident it was a flawless performance. However, with the news that we are without Debuchy and Remy, we are losing one of our main attacking outlets on the wing via Debuchy and our main goal-scoring threat in Remy.

We should still have enough quality to dispatch of Fulham because they are worse than awful, but for some reason I am not going into this came hopeful.

• 13 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM

oxygen is too good for ashley…better?

• 14 Ciaran // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Dok

Pulis and his spectacular brand of non-football? Personally I’d love to see a Pulis led team go crashing down but it doesn’t look like it will happen.

It looks like it will be Fulham, Cardiff and AN Other (personally I think it will be West Brom who will go down)

• 15 Ciaran // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Dok

Much better ;)

Right you two, I can’t stay unfortunately, must get the head down again. Be good!

• 16 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM

ciaran,

“incident???” that was grand theft forehead, assault with a deadly weapon (brain), and instigating all rollled into one… pards should thank his lucky stars he didnt get lethal injection… lol, blackley would be proud of that ….

by the way, im being sarasctic….

• 17 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Well no manager, no Remy, no Debuchy

But c’mon, it’s f**king Fulham!!! 3-0 to the toon! Sissoko LDJ and Goofy to score!

• 18 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM

see,

ive been on the blog long enough to know just how to yank ciaran’s chain and wind him up lol!!

• 19 cyprus // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I think that third team will be our friendly neighbours…
    I have a feeling we’ll lose tomorrow. Too many ready excuses. No manager, no goal scoring CF (really, who’s going to score), Gosling’s mum upset with NUFC, etc.

• 20 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Ibiza mate…maybe we should have told you, but Pardew won’t be there tomorrow ;)

…I don’t think it is like the team try to make him look bad on a regular basis?

• 21 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Ciaran…This is also true, but hey, a bit of blind optimism never hurts :)

Go on then, p*ss off and get your head down.

Dok..Don’t say that name! Don’t want my head to start spinning if you summon him to the blog ;)

• 22 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Jesper…Fear not mate, Pardew is always with us….in spirit!

• 23 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM

i heard the wwe is giving pards a 9 week contract to him…. hell be the relative of brutus the barber beefcake… who was known for his headbutts…

• 24 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Ibiza…also when his 8 years is up? ;)

• 25 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:39 PM

sorry ibiza, my bad… he is quite the tool, huh?

• 26 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Dok…I’m not sure that’s such a good idea. The last thing they need is Pards going rogue and killing someone with one of his devastating headbutts.

Even Tiote is cowering about the place in fear.

• 27 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Dok…No comment, just going to enjoy the peace :)

Jesper…Forever and always! He’s a part of all of us now.

• 28 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Ibiza…there you go and wreck my day again :(

…and you call yourself my friend?

• 29 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM

once a boorish colonial, always a boorish colonial.. my apologies, ill not say a word about he who shall not bbe named

• 30 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Jesper…I never claimed to be a good friend :)

Are you still on a Newcastle watching sabbatical?

Dok….That’s a good lad. How’s things your side of the pond? Have the natives stopped weeping from my departure yet?

• 31 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Ibiza…yep :D

…but I will probably pup in tomorrow after the game to ask how is was….you know courtesy and all that!

• 32 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Jesper…Is it any less stressful or is it merely giving you 90 minutes extra?

As for courtesy, what a gentleman you are :)

• 33 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Ibiza…very much so mate!

…I don’t try to work around the game but just focus on what I have planned for the day! And yes those 90 mins. does come in handy ;) lol

• 34 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:17 PM

…you know sometimes I do forget how nice I am !

• 35 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Jesper…And does this sabbatical have any timelines or conditions attached? I.E You wont watch anymore whilst Pardew remains?

Chatting about Newcastle has become hard work :)

• 36 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Ibiza…just for the rest of the season mate :)

• 37 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Jesper…I know you can be very forgetful…

• 38 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:21 PM

…I’ll revalue in the summer how I feel!

• 39 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM

We need a strong summer, some changes are definitely needed. I don’t personally remember a time where fans were so disconnected from the club, for whatever reason.

It should certainly be an interesting one.

• 40 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Ibiza…what were we talking about?

• 41 archaeomag // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Shearer beats Savage at Wembley!!
    Well done Big Al – £220,000

• 42 mindshaft // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I’m going for a 0-2 win tomorrow, more in hope than reality.
    I’d prefer Fulham to stay up although simply because its easy to get a ticket for as they have the neutral end which basically just fills up with toon fans
    Tho I think Cardiff & Fulham are doomed then any one of mackems, west brom, palace and Norwich – guess my money would be on west brom at the mo

• 43 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I will also be interesting how Carver will do…I hope he will get to do it his way.

…nothing good usual comes out of someone imitating someone else :(

• 44 mindshaft // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Errrr
    Football pundit Robbie Savage has broken the world record for sitting on the most seats in a minute in his Sport Relief challenge against fellow ex-pro Alan Shearer at Wembley.

• 45 cyprus // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Lawro predicts 1-1 draw, Kaiser Chiefs NUFC win, 0-1. Lawro, overall, has predicted a full 12 points fewer for us to date and 11 more for Fulham. His worse record is with us :0

• 46 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Jesper…Ermmm…it escapes me :)

I can’t imagine Carver will do much different. He will have his instructions preset, likely even what minute to make which subs!

Mindshaft…I never wanted Sunderland to be relegated, as I like the derbies. Well, I used to like them and now they can be relegated as far as I am concerned.

• 47 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM

cyrpus…Basically, we can say that stats prove Lawro knows nothing!

• 48 mindshaft // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Lawro basically plays pin the donkey but with the score

• 49 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM

jesper, ibiza,

were all missing the real story…

will carver have the infamous notebook telling him when to headbutt the fulham player, or coach perhaps?

• 50 DokToon // Mar 14, 2014 at 5:44 PM

but seriuosly, this window needs to be massive, or we might as well enjoy playing in the chapionship….

when i 1st became a toon fan, seeing how they played and the crowd.. (and the beer named for them of course), was what drew me to them in the first place… how times have changed…

• 51 Ibizatoon // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:01 PM

mindshaft…I would argue that pin the tail of the donkey involves a little more know how that Lawro is capable of.

Dok…I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure it’s the notebook that has actually been banned, not Pardew. But he can’t operate without it and thus may as well not turn up.

• 52 toon kk // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:05 PM

This sounds an awful thing to say but we’d be better off in the championship, we are never going to compete with any top side, we’ll always just have average players and with Mash owning the club there’s definitely no ambition.
    If we were in the championship we could compete on a financial bases and have more exciting football to watch playing similar teams to ourselves.

• 53 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Ha Lawro couldn’t predict the score with a time machine!!
    Reading his predictions are the only times I feel confident enough to have a flutter on the games, tenner on the complete opposite of what he’s predicted!

• 54 anthc // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Whats up With ben arfa as ssn saying hes unavailable for the morra.

• 55 Transfer Sage // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:23 PM

tads

love lawro’s league table…it’s so bad it’ comical. He only has 4/5 teams on positive goal difference (and only just) , the man is a total clown who is so far off with his predictions it beggers belief why they let him do it.

• 56 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:23 PM

I see young ciaran talks of killer kilcline in the same breath as colo and woodgate. He never saw kilcline but clearly has romantic notions of the bygone times. If mikey started signing players like brian kilcline, ciaran would be adding it to the top of his list of things with which to beat him. I’d hear the cries of lack of ambition and tight b@stard echoing up the tyne valley. No wonder ciaran holds the views he does when he has such a poor appreciation of the past.

• 57 Transfer Sage // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:25 PM

dok

I know it’s sad to see, the days of challenging and being the entertainers are gone but we were much worse than we are now before those days (not that i was around then) but unless you are a mega rich club these days you go through peaks and troughs with your results and ambition so it’s difficult to expect more.

Ashley could do his original plan and invest 20mil a year and have us doing much better, but he doesn’t seem interested in that now so just got to ride the storm out really and hope the next guy in is more interested in progression.

• 58 anthc // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Off topic but anyone watched sol campbell interview on ssn? I was one of the best defenders in the world, I should’ve been england captain blah blah but my colour was a disadvantage. What an arrogant bell wipe.

• 59 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Where’s welsh tonight? I only popped in to check out his riveting prose and wisdom gems.

• 60 Transfer Sage // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM

dok

I love when people criticise pardew for his notebook (not saying you are) because nobody seems to laugh at mourinho or brendan rogers when they write things down.

Same with most in the media today…do something a bit different and if it all goes wrong your laughed at for doing it, if it goes well you get praise for being a visionary…..when in reality neither are true as it has such little impact on the outcome.

• 61 Transfer Sage // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:31 PM

anthc

Sol Campbell annoys me with these claims…if he was genuinely aggrieved go through the proper channels, don’t just write it in your book years after it happened to try to drum up interest, it’s playing on what is a genuine problem in some areas of our society and worldwide to ‘cash in’ on the genuine problems some races of people have.

He’s not kicking up a fuss about people being massacred for their race but has the time to write a book complaining he should be captain.

If the FA were racists ince would never have been captain, campbell himself captained 3 times too….there were better candidates at the time, not like he stood out with his leadership by a mile…he was one of many choices and not the best one.

Then to complain most of the country don’t want a black captain is pathetic, especially given the fact most football clubs (in the prem league anyway) are captained by people from other races or nations and not all white, englishmen….the man is an idiot and people shouldn’t give the bloke airtime.

If he has genuine evidence or a genuine belief he should follow the right actions to get an investigation.

• 62 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Some wonderful blogging on here today mates. It does my heart good to see it. Clever tidbits mixed with some saucy, naughty bits. Incredible.
    Most Respectfully
    GerodieTwo
    Official Blog Hobbit.

• 63 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Ibiza won’t speak to me on here jesper mate. Have you said something to upset him? Or is he jealous that I have been unanimously elected Official Blog Hobbit? Is he still having trouble growing his Tom Selleck moustache? We must get to the bottom of this. Harrumph.

• 64 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM

I can’t believe some people are knocking colo and writing him off as some decrepit frigate fit for the breakers yard. He’s still a quality act and the best centre back I’ve seen in black and white. With the possible exception of Killer, eh Ciaran? Hahahahahahahahahah!

• 65 Transfer Sage // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Colo is definitely on a the downhill phase of his career but still more than useful to the team.

The main question to ask him is does he want to stay next year or return home, if the latter it’s probably best to give mbiwa more game time to let him get up to speed.

If colo wants to stay another year keep him in the first team when he is fit.

• 66 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I firmly believe Mike SmallBerries is more interested in what his dominatrix has planned for their next session than he is in the club. She has invested in a cattle prod and some more wigs and makeup for Mike to wear. It’s got him more excited than at any time since his infamous thong malfunction with his new girlfriend.

• 67 Taff the Mag // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Toon KK you are right there pal it is a bloody awful thing to say that we should be playing in the championship, just in case that you do not know we are laying 8th in the premiership, have a look at the teams below us. Support your team for goodness sake

• 68 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Transfer

Colo’s got a wise head getting wiser. I can’t see that he’s lost any pace or strength. He’s only just turned 32; not too old for a centre back.

• 69 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:43 PM

I still like to see Colo out there when fully fit. Very composed with the ball. Much better passer than any of our other CB’s (not that we have many). A little weak in the air because of his height but that’s what Willo is for.

• 70 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:46 PM

G2

Are you catching a bit too much sun in the garden lately? How do blog hobbits get on with gnomes?

• 71 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Is Ben Arfa finished with us? Surely he’s fed up of the bench but his play has been so inconsistent this year as well. So many rumours swirling around he club about players who want to leave.

• 72 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I never catch too much sun B&B. I am fully solar powered now. All my electronic gadgets are powered by my personal solar panels mounted on my trilby. As for gnomes they just don’t make the grade. Standing around in the garden doing nothing. Pitiful.

• 73 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Or let’s put it this way. Do we want Ben Arfa to stay? Is he wasted in a Pardew managed team? As with Cisse possibly? Will we make big changes in the summer or will Mike just try to paper over the cracks? Stay tuned for the exciting answers!

• 74 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I’m personally excited about the many projects I’m working in. Does anybody have a high powered argon laser to loan me for a few months? Much appreciated mates. There is no truth to the rumours that I have destroyed some of the borrowed equipment in some unfortunate lab accidents by the way. Harrumph.

• 75 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:06 PM

And no the new craters observed on the moon are not part of my recent experimental results before you all ask.

• 76 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:13 PM

I see Obertan is out with a knee injury. How will we ever cope?

• 77 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:13 PM

If someone doesn’t talk to me soon I’m going to sulk! Harrumph.

• 78 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Blackley and Brownlie you are as Del Boy would say a plonker

• 79 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Good evening GeordieTwo

• 80 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Before I start sulking Benny is out with a knock according to physio room. Right back to my pre-sulk preparations.

• 81 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM

No, no that’s far too late welshie. My pre-sulk preparations are much too far along now. Harrumph!

• 82 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM

59Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Ah that’s nice have you mist me

• 83 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Bigi and Obie are out as well.

• 84 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Come on then Blackley where are you tonight

Does anybody agree that Blackley is two slices short of a loaf

• 85 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Without Obertan I don’t see us having much of a chance against Fulham. Who will run up and down the sidelines looking like Squidward? It’s a horrible situation.

• 86 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:21 PM

GeordieTwo

Is anybody fit to play

• 87 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Nobody is up for it welshie. Colo is having problems with his hair, Krul’s feet are too narrow, Gouffy is missing Kebab dreadfully, and Shola wants a new contract or he’s going to sulk like me. Horrible.

• 88 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM

What do you think the score is going to be tomorrow

0-1 I go for

• 89 Ben3arfa // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Obertan played ok-ish in his first season to be honest lol

i remember he got an assist and a goal. assist to demba away at stoke and a goal on the counter at blackburn.

hes still shite tho

• 90 70TWO // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Another outing for the Newbrazil kit tomorrow, we can not fail to shine. Will be interesting to see if they can get into the same rhythm without Remy & Debuchy. I fancy Gouffran to score and hopefully at least one of the strikers, who ever they may be as they all need to start producing.

• 91 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I go for a 1-1 draw tomorrow. Fulham will be getting desperate now. As for Obertan he must continue to prepare for a career in pizza delivery I feel.

• 92 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Is anybody else having trouble with the elk migration this season or is it just me? Damned annoying.

• 93 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:33 PM

If we get battered tomorrow, do we blame pardew or carver

• 94 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I blame Mike SmallBerries welshie. The buck stops with the SmallBerries. Always remember that. He is responsible for the club. Did I mention my evil plot theory?

• 95 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM

What evil plot theory

• 96 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM

The one that I came up with yesterday?

• 97 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Well what is it, I missed it

• 98 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Yes Harrumph well, it’s a very complex story but essentially I noted a few common denominators. Has anybody ever caught the real Kennedy assassins? No. Did any bankers go to jail in 2008 for malfeasance? No. And does Mike SmallBerries ever spend the proper amount of money on the club in the windows if we aren’t threatened with relegation? I’ll leave that one for everyone to answer for themselves.

• 99 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I really wish i didn’t ask

• 100 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:44 PM

I got a funny feeling it’s only us 2 on this blog tonight

• 101 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Welshie

Wake up lad. We’re not going to get battered. In fact, as the basher boy, percy dither’s not there, we’ll have a better chance.

• 102 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:50 PM

G2

Is the pope a Catholic? Do bears sh!t in the woods? Is mikey running a sound financial model?

• 103 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Oh look who it is, I said if we get battered not we are going to get battered.

Come along now trigger

• 104 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:51 PM

See? There are at least 3 of us on here welshie. And I firmly believe several others are lurking in the shadows.

• 105 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM

There is a cyberspace underworld you know.

• 106 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Why can’t the 3rd person be anybody than blackley

• 107 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Welshie

Sad day today with the loss of Tony Benn. I had a great one to one with him a few years ago. He was sitting by himself in the freezing cold outside the sage with his flask of tea and pipe.

• 108 70TWO // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Will Penfold fall to pieces tomorrow?

• 109 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I always thought it was Does Mike Sh!t in the woods? B&B. Has he stopped doing that? As for the Pope, he’s actually a Jesuit. Now they’re in trouble as well. No more thieving, no more pedophilia, whatever will they do with themselves?

• 110 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Welshie

You said “if”. That is not in dispute. No wonder you send me to sleep when I’m used to mixing with the brilliant political minds of the 20th century. No offence, boyo.

• 111 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM

RIP Tony Benn.

• 112 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The starting lineup tomorrow will that be by pardew or carver

• 113 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:02 PM

What is wrong with you boyo, i didn’t say we are going to get battered I said if we do get battered

• 114 GeordieTwo // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Well I’ve got a furnace cleaning to tend to. I hope to get back later lads.

• 115 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Mix with brilliant political minds

You couldn’t have a decent conversation with the chuckle brothers never mind anybody else

• 116 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Pardew surely, welsh. Pity though. I’d like to see pardew take the opportunity to go on a sabbatical.

Take a sabbatical Alan. Take as long as you want. You’ve had a tough time of it lately. G2, Welshie and Blackley are feeling for you. Isn’t that right lads? Come on fellas, tell Alan.

• 117 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Welshie boyo, you’re like a stuck record. We agree you said “IF” as in “IF we get battered”. But we aren’t going to get battered by fulham. No ifs about it fella. Not in my book. Why don’t you offer to chaperone pardew on his sabbatical? Sounds like you could do with a break too. I don’t believe for one minute it’s the stress free idyllic existence in the valleys that you boys like to paint. I’ve seen Stella, you know.

• 118 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Never mind Stella watch twin town, I’m a stuck record that’s rich coming from you how many times did you moan about pardews head but

• 119 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Welshie

Stella’s not a bad turn. You seen it?

Anyway I can’t hang around here waiting for your sparkling repartee. I’m off to get myself prepared and a good seat in the house for Jonathan Creek.

• 120 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Not enough times, welshie. Not enough. It’s still a source of rancour for me.

• 121 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Jonathan Creek god you have got to get out more

Poor sod

• 122 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Where are Welshgeordies 1 to 8 anyway? How come we’re lumbered with 9?

• 123 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:27 PM

If I’m talking football terms what is the no 9

You really are a plank

• 124 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Please anybody somebody help me on here it can’t be just me and Blackley on here, what have I done to deserve this.

• 125 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Welsho,

Did you see Ciaran’s romantic, nostalgic comment about killer kilcline? If mikey buys the next old, immobile centre back of that ilk, ciaran would have a dickie fit.

Right, I’m off to phone frank skinner to urge him to put all welsh boring farts into room 101.

• 126 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Do us all a favour and put yourself in

• 127 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Right then gents and Blackley speak to you all later.

• 128 mag // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Black and brown, you should hire a gag writer as your as funny as tooth ache.

• 129 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Welshie, wyn the leap was before my time. I remember our welsh number 1 martin thomas. Do you?

• 130 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Mag

Everyone ignores your comments so I don’t mind what you say. Hahahahahahahahahah! In fact, I’m breaking the unwritten rule by responding.

• 131 mag // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:43 PM

The best two centre halves of recent years were Albert and Woodgate.

• 132 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Good evening mag

Somebody with bloody sense on this blog tonight

• 133 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:46 PM

You right he’s about as funny as having tooth ache

• 134 mag // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Have you been smoking an illegal substance as you seem unusually giggling.

• 135 mag // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Hello welshie, how are you this evening?

• 136 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Had a chat with my brother today who’s new gaffer used to be a masseuse and apparently heard a lot of gossip during his time doing it .

A few things he claimed :

. Cisse and Ba hated each other

.The reason Taylor is always so hyper during games is because he takes four pro plus tablets before kick off

. HBA apparently went completely missing a few weeks ago when he wasn’t on the bench

. Cisse has to have sex with 6 girls a day and apparently the club were trying to cut it down to 2 in fear of rape allegations .

Could be all bullsh*t but interesting nonetheless. Certainly would explain a few things though ;)

• 137 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 14, 2014 at 8:56 PM

BPC…it probably is mate ;)

• 138 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Welsh

Hahahahahahahahahah. They’re talking about putting the Welsh in room 101.

• 139 mag // Mar 14, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Brackley put your alter ego brownlie, on as your being obnoxious.

• 140 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 9:04 PM

BPC

The pro plus tablets would explain so much about saylor’s performances, in particular his rash decision making and seemingly out of body experiences. He wants to give them up.

• 141 beermonkey // Mar 14, 2014 at 9:18 PM

big papa

you say the club were trying to cut down cisse to 2 women a day
    does this mean the club are supplying him with women

if we are pards don’t have to lie and say we want European footie all he has to do is offer them women and most players will be queuing to join

• 142 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Welsh

I don’t know why you’re scoffing at jonathan creek. alan davies was a decent player for the toon. Welsh too.

• 143 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM

@ monkey

Apparently no they weren’t but they were just concerned with his personal habit ;) .

Must be nice like .

• 144 mindshaft // Mar 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Anyway a sad day with Tony Benn dying, sadly we’ve ended up with career politicians who go alonf with whatever they think the middle class want

• 145 mindshaft // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Bit like pards going along with fatty forvfear of losing his job – which is one of the reasons I dislike him
    I’ve met pard’s and he seems a decent bloke to chat to but hides behind the excuse of well, what can I do

• 146 mindshaft // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Guess I’m on my lonesome – hopefully we’ll win tomoz, we are as good as Everton so no reason we can’t pass them – manure are sh1te so not even counting them

• 147 beermonkey // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM

big pappa

does he think he is Charlie sheen

no wonder he cant play the boy is spent

• 148 stuart no9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:12 PM

mindshaft— nevermind fella, i agree with you.

• 149 jimmysmith // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I’d have a Collocini, Albert, Woodgate and possibly Howey as my top 4 centre backs from the time SKY invented football. Also liked Peacock and Dabizas who were a little more uncompromising but who are starting to get into Tayls and Willo territory. Howey was very fast, when he was younger, I remember, we had the Everton lad for a season, when he was just finding his feet in English football, otherwise he’d be in the reckoning too. Brian Kilcline was basically some sort of Frankensteins Monster of a centre back in the first cobbled together half decent side Keegan put together in the old second division. Wouldn’t make the top twenty on ability but was a genuine warrior and leader.

• 150 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Mag

Sorry I’m to answer you but I’m fine this evening thanks for asking, a lot better that muppet Blackley is not on.

• 151 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Late

• 152 stuart no9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM

jimmy smith — kilcline was brought in by keegan to do a job. like most others keegan brought in at that time , not the best of players, well past the sell by date, but with enough experience to get us up . worked a treat really. great times.

• 153 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Welsh

Did you see they were talking about putting the Welsh into room 101? What a coincidence.

Did you know alan davies plays jonathan creek and alan davies used to play for the toon? What a coincidence. Alan davies RIP.

• 154 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM

You my friend is a muppet

• 155 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Welsh

Do you remember james burkes “connections”?

• 156 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:32 PM

And you wonder why people on here slaughter you

• 157 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Welsh

Newsnight on Tony Benn. Gotta go. You’re on your own.

• 158 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Mag where are you

• 159 jimmysmith // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I want Santon back in and I want Pardew and his back room staff to make a genuine player of him. They have seemingly failed with Benny, but to be fair that was always going to be a tall order. Santon needs to be brought along, and if he isn’t, I’d wonder about the merits of the manager and staff. Dummett looks a decent player, but Santon has all the talent to be a top,top pro, like Debuchey.

• 160 stan anderson // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM

It.s a game we are expecting to win,but we are Newcastle and will get done over.
    We are so unpredictable ,we are so predictable.

• 161 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Welsh

That’s something I never wonder.

• 162 Ciaran // Mar 14, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Blackley

You really need to correct this sordid obsession you have with me.

In terms of importance to our club, and the position of our club at the time, Kilcline was crucial to us. No, I never seen him play live, but I know what type of player he was. I’ve seen videos from our past, read many books from people who lived through the era and take on board the opinion of Kevin Keegan when forming my own opinion of Brian Kilcline.

Keegan called him the most important player he ever signed for the club – because without him we would have got relegated to the Third Division and none of what we have today would have existed.

So I am going to stick with my earlier assertion that Kilcline is up there with the best in living memory, not because he could get into our team, but because of what he meant to us as a club.

Anything else you need clarified you obsessive creep?

• 163 welshgeordie9 // Mar 14, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Ciaran

Well said you tell that plonker

• 164 toon kk // Mar 14, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Our trouble is you just don’t know if we’re going to turn up or not at any game , turn up and we’re a strong competitive side and if we’re a couple of quality players missing or for what ever reason we can play the worst football in the league.

Maybe too many pints the night before! !!!!!!!

• 165 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Ciaran

You can stick with your assertion that killer is up there with colo and woodgate. I’ll stick with my assertion that you would never let it lie if mikey bought another killer, such is your lack of understanding of the past (without which you have no proper appreciation of the present).

• 166 Ciaran // Mar 14, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Blackley

Quality is relative, you are aware of that aren’t you? Do you think we could have bought players of Colo and Woodgate’s ilk when we were fighting relegation to the Third Division? Of course not.

Would we sign players of Kilcline’s ilk now that we are an established top division club? No.

Does that diminish the immense import of Kilcline’s contributions to our club? Of course it doesn’t.

Do I think that Kilcline is one of the best centre halves in our club’s history? Damn right I do and nor will I be changing my tune based on the half-cooked, obsessively biased psychotic ramblings of someone who is so painfully caught up with my every utterance that he is totally oblivious to the fact that he is making himself look like an utter moron every time he engages with me.

• 167 Belfast // Mar 14, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Popcorn out !

• 168 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 14, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Ciaran

You were suggesting killer was in the bracket of one of our finest centre halfs. It’s there above. Everyone can read what you said.

Now you’re changing it, spinning it and putting on a completely different slant because I’ve laughed at your comment. Now you say quality is relative. OMG!

Killer was an old head and good leader; just what we needed at that time in a struggling team in the second tier. He could never in a million years be described as one of our finest centre halfs. No wonder you hate mikey when you have such a romantic notion of the glories of the past.

• 169 Ciaran // Mar 14, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Blackley

I haven’t changed what I said. Kilcline is in our bracket of being one of our finest centre halves. In scoffing at the comment, I clarified it with reference to the context in which he played for our club and how significant he was for us.

Yet again your attempts to pick holes in everything I say has failed. Maybe next time buddy?

previous post: Can Newcastle Make It 3 Wins In A Row – What’s Your Team?

next post: Newcastle Captain Steps Up To The Plate