Striker Still Has Things To Prove At Newcastle – A Fantastic Club

It’s hardly surprising that Dutch striker Luuk de Jong wants to sign a permanent deal for Newcastle because the Tyneside club  have given him a chance in the Premier League on a loan deal, when other clubs shied away from him after a disastrous 18 months in Germany after signing on for Borussia Monchengladbach in the summer of 2012 for £12.6M – when he was the top transfer target of Newcastle’s.

luuk de jong curtis davis

Luuk de Jong in action at Hull – he had a good game

It’s not unlike Newcastle bringing in Loic Remy on loan last August, when other clubs balked at him, because of the rape charge hanging over his head at that time – and of course he’s since been cleared of the charge.

And we must say Luuk has looked a classy player while at Newcastle, but in five appearances f on Tyneside he still has to find the net, although this afternoon and for the next few games he will be Newcastle’s main striker, with Loic Remy out injured – so it’s a great time for him to start scoring goals for the Magpies.

Luuk has talked about his current situation today:

“Of course, that is what I want.”  “I want to show myself in the Premier League and Newcastle is a fantastic club, and it would be great for me to sign a long contract here.

“I really like it here, everyone is really helping me – when I came in, I knew a few players like Tim Krul, Vernon Anita and Cheick Tiote from FC Twente – so it is nice they are here too.”

“It is always getting closer, I want to score goals like every player.”  “Against Hull I think I did a good job behind Loic Remy, and helping out in midfield as well.”

“It was a good game for me but of course you want to score goals and be important for the team but when you work hard and win a game, I am happy as well.”

Luuk did have a good game at Hull, a very good game in fact, and he showed skill and movement and looked very good when paired with the great Loic Remy.

And according to the Newcastle manager, the Dutchman is looking better and better in training, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say (who actually says that?), and for a striker that means scoring goals.

It would be great – terrific – if Luuk can get on the scoring charts this afternoon at Fulham – who have the worst defense by far in the Premier League, having conceded a massive 65 goals in just 29 games.

We hope he does just that.

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM

What better way to start proving yourself than a double against Fulham?

We’ll give you a contract immediately if you spot Duff in the stands and plant the ball on his nose at 90mph!

• Oldgit1

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:58 PM

A nice thought , duff the Pratt,

• Oldgit1

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:01 PM

9Oldgit1 // Mar 15, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Reading what Sam has said about him not wanting to play, sums this guy up. Another waste of time.

Been abit of verbals on here over the last few weeks, now decided to avoid certain contributors to this blog, you know who you are.

One in particular really needs to get his head out of his arse, yes im talking to you Blackley and Brownlie. You really do get on my tit. Your latest conflict with Ciaran was pathetic and by the way he won hands down. So stick that where the sun don’t shine.

That’s my moan over, have a good day everyone and let’s cheer the lads on. Hwtl

• Mister Tuff

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Tads ??????.
    Quote from Percy:-
    “Hatem had a family issue, and he had to miss a week’s training.
    “He’s going to work this weekend. Hopefully, he’ll pick up some fitness between now and Crystal Palace.”

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Tuff
    Jesus they’ve left it a bit late for HBA to get “fit” should of started about 7 months ago!

• jazzyp

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Ravel no-Shawcross no-Luuk yes please…….Starting with a brace today to seal the win would do wonders for his confidence.Links the midfield to attack and is willing to defend

• toonarmydownsouth

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Jazzy
    Agree
    Morrison seems to have a unearned ego, bit like Taarabt, thinks he’s a far better player than he is!

A few months ago he had his head down was playing well and got a call up, all the overhyping kicked in and his ego took over and now he’s been shoved out loan to old arry in the fizzy pop

Also don’t see who Shawcross would be coming in for?
    He’s no colo replacement, we have Yanga for that, and for me Willo is better than Shawcross

• Average_Contents

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:15 PM

The worst defence in the league they say! Should be easy they say! Nothing is ever easy when NUFC are involved 🙂 can see the Fulham defence playing a blinder against us as shite teams always seem to be “up for it” against us.

Watch out for the ginger ninja aka sidwell who’s shite too! Oh who’s mitroglu? We bestcwatch out,for him seem as though he hasn’t started any games yet and failed to score

• jazzyp

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Tads
    Imo we need to start giving Mapou playing time or this is another player that’s going to want an escape route.Trouble is he wants that Cb position and on form willo has to stay in and its a toss up between Colo and yanga.
    Never thought I would say this because I have been one of his biggest critics over the last few seasons but big Willo for me has been our unsung hero this year, And good of him for proving us all wrong

• thevirus

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Just get this lad signed up even if he doesn’t score between now and the end of the season I’m sure he will hit the ground running next season when he’s more settled instead of his future being up in the air

• jazzyp

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Thevirus
    Would love the lad to sign up mate but no goals in 14 games would be no better than Cisse,And we all know where we stand on that matter

• Black and White with an army lol

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:05 PM

jazzyp

LDJ has been more involved ever since he’s been here whilst Cisse hasn’t and he’s been here longer.

having a Advance Forward and a target man linking up is perfect for Newcastle so Remy & LDJ is the perfect combination whilst Cisse is an Poacher and doesn’t link well with an Advance Forward.

for a Poacher to link well we need either a False 9 or a deep lying forward beside him

• thevirus

Mar 15, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Jazzyp I would just get rid of Cisse he doesn’t want to play for us anymore u can see it in his body language for what reason this is I don’t know but he needs to go, LDJ seems to want to play for us if we can believe what we hear and he puts much more of a shift in than Cisse, but we really need to buy a world class CF in the summer because I can’t see Remy staying