Adam Armstrong Can Unlock Opposing Defenses

Alan Pardew has talked about one of the brightest young players to be in the Newcastle Academy for a number of years – and of course he’s talking about Adam Armstrong, who made his first team debut last Saturday in the 1-0 Fulham defeat.

adam armstrong fulham

Adam Armstrong – in action last Saturday during his Newcastle debut

And tomorrow we need some creativity in the side now that Yohan Cabaye has left for pastures anew,  and we expect both Adam Armstrong and Ben Arfa to be on the bench for tomorrow’s game against Crystal Palace, and probably both will see some playing time.

We know Ben Arfa has the creativity needed to open up opposing defenses, and Adam can not only make goals, but he’s also adept at putting the ball into the back of the net.

And this is what the Newcastle manager has said about the 17 year-old in the Shields Gazette today:

“Armstrong showed last week, when teams are packed, he might unlock the door.” “But we’ve got a senior international back (Ben Arfa).”

“We have Sylvain Marveaux poised as well.” “Both those players could unlock the door.”

We really hope that Adam Armstrong retains his position on the bench tomorrow, because he is the future of Newcastle, and it’s not players like Sylvain Marveaux – who is likely to leave this summer.

But of course Alan has to balance that with wanting to win the game too, and using more experienced players.

We’d not only like to see Armstrong on the bench tomorrow, but we’d love to see the local lad  make his home debut in front of the Newcastle crowd – and who knows he might even score and get us the win.

That would be something. 😀

• guvnor

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:12 PM

There’s nothing to play for so get him in the team and give it go.

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM

marvoux can’t seem to unlock his front door to get to the games never mind any defences.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM

TS…as a football coach I don’t like Pardew either, but I think you are painting roosy picture of it all 😉

…I don’t know what’s right, the season we finished 5th or the one where we finished 16th, but I do know there are similarities between the season we finished 5th and this one.

And some of it has to do with how bad others team are doing (it makes us look good table wise)

Football wise we still look bad (there are good performances at times as well of course)

You think Ashley is satisfies with Pardew because we are mid table? That is all he want to be regardless of anything?

• bob

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Pardew will ruin the kid with his negative play.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:20 PM

TS…I am not saying that is not the half truth, but I think it is the cynical approach!

…alot of posters on here are taking that approach these days and I don’t blame ’em really! I just don’t fully agree!

I doesn’t matter, we all see things differently for different reasons. I have my reason to focus on Pardew, mostly because I am a football man. That is what interests me.

• Graeme

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Andy NUFC – from previous – Andy, It will be shown in “9? the old “Shearers Bar” Otherwise, there are several bars in “The Gate” on Newgate Street will be showing it and quite a few in the “Hay Market” area will show it.

My son is at Newcastle Uni – they are his “top tips”!!Good luck, hope you cope with the excitement lol

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM

jesper

I think to kick on and be regular champions league contenders you need to spend big money, i might be wrong but all those who have finished in the top 4 have done over the past 10 years so seems that way to me.

Ashley won’t spend that money, not worth the risk for him, fair enough I guess. The club said they don’t like/want europa league in it’s current Thursday night format so thats 5-7th out the door. So anywhere from 8-12 is not a big deal for the club, as long as we are safe.

I hope I am totally wrong but that’s my view on it.

And yeh I agree, my view on the positions in the league was simplistic, but just trying to show that despite our lack of good football on a regular basis (which i think 99% agree on) we still somehow end up in a decent league position (except for 1 year) during pardews time here so he must be getting something right somehow 🙂

• Belfast

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM

He’ll probably get a minute at the end no doubt.
    Waste of time

• Transfer Sage

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Jesper

Also I’d say I am a football fan, but i’d take 38 scrappy 1-0 wins to see Newcastle win the league as I am a newcastle fan above football as a whole.

I’d ideally like to see the best of both worlds, i know it’s greedy, and see us win 4-0 every week playing exciting football and win the league that way.

But as long as I see the players do one of the following I go home happy from most games.

1. win
    2. play good football
    3. put in maximum effort even if we have an off day and get beat

• Belfast

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM

You’re are the most cynical poster on here Jesper, you big girls blouse

• Belfast

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Damm predictive text

• Belfast

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Anyway hows tricks jesper ? 🙂

• GeordieDan

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Inexplicably Pardew himself said last night on TOTALSPORT that Adam will definitely NOT be involved tomorrow!

It seems Pardew thinks its better to use a broken Cisse, an uninterested Marveux, a headless Ben Arfa or a fossilsed Ameobi before the young lad.

Even if you were stupid enough to think this is the best way then you still wouldn’t be stupid enough to broadcast it to the World and essentially say to young Adam well done for trying so hard now get back to the reserves where you’ll stay until your form and possibly your commitment wanes and you disappear into obscurity.

And all because Pardew is SPINELESS. No balls at all-and evidentally a good deal dumber than I thought before!

A shambles of a club from top to bottom. Clueless!!!

• Bambams

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM

If we cant give kids chances now when we are not in danger of the drop and the club do not want to kick on for a European spot…. Then when can we .

I also see that Pards has already suggested the club want to get their targets in early this summer…… No comment

• onepeterb

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Adam Armstrong is not available tomorrow because he is on England duty

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Basically i think our season is over ! Will we win all the games left ? No, but we may have one or twwo Wins in the run-in to the end? I have an idea we,ll end around 10th, which for the club may be Satisfactory but for me is not why i,me a Fan of the club ! Having said that, considering the Manager we have and the total clueless owner, at least we are safe this year !

There will then at seasons end be the usual Circus about who the Club will sign and who will leave together with where they will going for Pre-season?

I have got used to not being surprised at events happening at St James? I will say this though, we were frigging robbed of a point by Howard Webb at Fulham!

HWTL !