Transfer Business To Be Done Early This Summer

There are huge advantages in getting new players in early in the summer transfer window, and having them available for the start of pre-season training in early July, and with there likely to be a number of new players coming into the club this summer – to replace a significant number who will be leaving , Newcastle need to get as many new players into the club as possible in June.

graham carr

Graham Carr – should be very busy right now

From what the Newcastle manager said yesterday, it seems that there is a strong move to get players into the club early this summer.

This is some of what Alan said in yesterday’s press conference:

“I’m pretty sure about what I think we need. We’ve started that process last week and we have some targets.” “We want to do business early in the summer window.” “Our process has started.”

“The process of bringing players in here is now very much ongoing.”  “Although in terms of will I look at things before the end of the season, then yes I will with certain players.”

Of course this is said almost every summer, that Newcastle want to bring new players in early, but that’s not always possible, because other clubs tend to wait until late in August, to get the very best deals for their players.

But we do expect Chief Scout Graham Carr to be very busy from now through the end of the season, scouting Newcastle’s target players.

We expect Shola Ameobi and Dan Gosling to leave the club when their contracts run out at the end of June, and players like Jonas Gutierrez, Sylvain Marveaux and Gabby Obertan have hardly been used this season, so they are also expected to be moved out this summer.

And of course Loic Remy will be leaving for pastures anew,  and other players who could move out include Ben Arfa, Mathieu Debuchy and even Davide Santon.

Papiss Cisse and on loan Luuk de Jong will have to score some goals in the final 9 games of the season, if they are still to be around come September.

Note: Lewis Williams is in his final year at the University of West London (UWL) studying for a BSc (Hons) in Construction Management, and he is busy on his dissertation on Site Waste Management Plans and he has a survey he needs filled out.

This survey is for anyone who has been part of a construction project (past or present) that used some form of waste management on the project. See if you can help him with they survey here.

• G

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Every year we get spoon fed the same lie. I will believe it when I see it. If we do make any signings it won’t be until there has already been a ball kicked in anger in the Prem next season. Last minute bargains, same as always, no pre-season to bed them in. Amateurish or what?

• Toon-Prodigy

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Firebug,

Apologies but its time for bed for me.

Nightshift bug 😉

Quality Toon Talk.

• beermonkey

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:08 AM

nothing on any of the first team and new contracts for people a new contract for debuchy just giving him a pay rise would be enough to keep him here another year then sell him at 29
    couple of other deserve a new deal I hate to think what we pay goofy
    willo cant have long left I cant remember him getting a new deal

• Rotonda heights

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Just realising what a truly dark day it was that Ashley ever set foot in St James Park.

If he gets away with this we will never get new owners who give a damn about the club and will appoint the right people.

This time enough really is enough, something has to be done now to stop this greedy evil despot.

• Average_Contents

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Ts

You are correct, I remember the rumour regarding the land being sold and I also remember someone saying they wanted to look into it.

As for fatty……well it just sums him up in a nutshell does it not! The club will not see any of that money as it is land owned by mash holdings and therefore fatty’s to do with what he pleases, and if anyone thinks any different then they are clearly deluded. Why else would it be done on the sly? In the hope that us fans never found out that’s why! No respect for the club, the fans or the city

• Rotonda heights

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:24 AM

G // Mar 21, 2014 at 8:48 AM

“That’ll be frustrating. But the biggest frustration is that I’m the manager of Newcastle, and I can’t be there.” “I can’t wait for it to end, if I’m honest.”

Most of the fans can’t wait for your tenure as manager to end too Alan.

SPOT ON

Its like shola saying he’s frustrated, not half as much as we have been watching him for 14 seasons

• beermonkey

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM

RH

been expecting that for quite some time

it wasn’t long ago it was mentioned that the fat man wanted to finish the stadium

• Average_Contents

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Rotonda heights

This is what me and Ts were just discussing! Who can honestly say that fatty has the club’s bests interests at heart? Surely there must be a way for him to be held accountable for his actions because it’s getting beyond a joke now but alas he gives not a fcuk

• Average_Contents

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM

At least it’s in the papers so it’s getting coverage whereas last time it was just a rumour without foundation! Hopefully it will open people’s eyes to what he is doing to the club

• Average_Contents

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I can just imagine him now sat behind his desk wearing that Fcuking horrid smirk thinking of ways to p!ss us off and then smirk some more! Makes my blood boil he does!

• BeeGuy

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM

No, no, wait. NUFC will decide to wait until after the World Cup so they don’t by a guy that gets injured. Then they will say the good ones price was inflated beyond reason by the Cup. They will then say they will look for bargains in the winter widow, But then desperate teams will drive Winter prices up beyond reason & we will hope for a few loans & feee agents dropping into our laps.

• Lee Dodd

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Howay Now Lets get This Right … We will enquire about Players Be told they want €10 million … we will bid €5 million and say we couldn’t get them … Same old Crap and then Last day of the window a right Scraffle up and get no one… maybe De Jong on loan … we have to keep who we have but need 3 New Strikers for £30 to 50 Million..

• Lee Dodd

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM

There are Probably Players out of Contract That Graham Has Lined up Already … Need a New Cabaye and at Least 3 Strikers or are we going to have Young Armstrong and Adam Campbell next season up front… We should Keep shola for 1 more year …

• thevirus

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:49 AM

The only transfer business that will be done early is the selling side of it, then maybe a fee promotions from the reserves to first team status Armstrong and Campell, then the excuse of not getting players deals over the line in time due to the World Cup . People like Cabella and Grenier should already have deals with the club but this is Newcastle so that’s not going to be the case. Dreading next season to be honest will probably have a heart attack due to stress

• deano87

Mar 21, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Ok I feel a little ashamed to say this but I have support newcastle since I remember. I loved suporting the toon even more because my day supports sunderland :s and I hate him so a bigger bonus. But latley the love I have for the club and fans is dieing M.A is killing this team.
    we need new owner/owners to come buy the prat out or he needs to pull his finger out and give us bigger transfer budgets … I have always loved the passion for this club the fans ,US habe supported this club throw relegations and imbarising reports against players nothing needs to change about the toon apart from the owner. I’m sorry if this is negative but it needs to be said