The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Ashley To Watch 3rd Successive Game – Big Support For Pardew

11:20 pm, Monday, March 24th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

News tonight that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley will again be at St. James’ Park tomorrow night when the Magpies take on a very good Everton side, and it’s being reported he is attending his third successive Newcastle game in support of manager Alan Pardew.

ike ashley st james palace smiling

A smiling Mike Ashley on Saturday

Pardew will be serving the second game of his three match stadium ban for headbutting Hull City player Davide Meyler, and he then has four games with a touchline ban, which will not be so challenging for the Newcastle manager.

Alan Pardew will again watch Tuesday night’s game against Everton in his office at the Benton Training grounds, where he apparently danced around alter Papiss Cisse’s very late and rather sensational winner against Crystal Palace in the 94th minute.

This is a big change for Mike Ashley, who had not been seen at a game at Newcastle since last September, and it’s seen as support for the beleaguered Newcastle manager.

Many had thought Mike  Ashley may even have fired the Newcastle manager, but he didn’t and in a poll we carried out at the time 76% thought he shouldn’t be fired.

Should Alan Pardew Be Fired For His Behavior At Hull?

• No (76%, 3,167 Votes)
  • Yes (24%, 980 Votes)

Total Voters: 4,147

Loading ... Loading ...

And most Newcastle fans thought the English media over-reacted to what happened with Pardew and Meyler.

Is English Media Overreacting To Pardew's Latest Touchline Altercation?

• Yes (86%, 1,286 Votes)
  • No (14%, 204 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,489

Loading ... Loading ...

And this is what Alan Pardew has said today about the Billionaire owner:

“I got up with him after the Crystal Palace game and he was very pleased because he wants us to keep driving towards the end. That’s how he conducts his business and the other side of his business, and that’s what we do here.”

“He will be at the game on Tuesday night and that means has been to the three that I have missed, so obviously for me it has been great that he has shown that support.”

“It is important that in my absence he did that, and I thought it was great that he did do that.”  “I don’t want to say what was said in private discussions, but it is the fact he has been to the three games that I have missed.

“In terms of the club, that bodes well because he knows in the summer, we have a bit of work to do.”

There even seems to be a coming together of the Newcastle manager, coaches, scouting team and owner during this difficult phase for Newcastle United.

That will not have gone unnoticed by the players.

What do you think?

Tags: Financials · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 beermonkey // Mar 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

pardew I knew u were in bed with the devil but u have got to far quote

I got up with him after the Crystal Palace game and he was very pleased

not only has Ashley shafted the club it appears he has alan as well

• 2 Online Guy // Mar 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Ciaran ..you about ?

• 3 GeordieTwo // Mar 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM

I just want to confirm the plan for the summer then. So we’re getting the new teapot and damn the cost? And what about the gimp mask for Alan? With Joe indisposed who can we get as tea lady? Mike seems to fancy the French. So what about Brigitte Bardot?

• 4 GeordieTwo // Mar 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM

No it’s just me and beermonkey online guy. I’m trapped in the dungeons underneath Mike’s castle. Very unpleasant.

• 5 jimmysmith // Mar 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Now that we’ve arrived at a point where you might expect us to make a move towards the next level, I’m less furious with Ashley. That Europa league year was a debacle, but it is true I think that it came too soon. I think this is the time to really judge him, but I also think he would have to be judged very harshly if we don’t reshape as a side with realistic top 6-7 aspirations now after all that’s gone on in the past.

• 6 Online Guy // Mar 24, 2014 at 11:45 PM

HI G2 , good evening .

That land near the metro station that Ashley has put up for sale ..anyone know how much ? Is it sold ?

The Man is A Bastar*d .

IN the next few weeks I am going to try and get myself arrested by abusing Mike Ashley..What a Bastar*d

Where’s that Cucumber.

• 7 Online Guy // Mar 24, 2014 at 11:53 PM

You know , if Ashley has put that land up for sale its the first Iv heard abut it ..

I was talking to council planning department 2 -3 weeks back and they told me there was no plans for any development and no plans to sell in the offing .

Ashley will make sure by this sale that we cannot develop the stadium further !

That’s saying to me that he does not give 2 Fu*cs about the clubs future when he’s dead and gone ..or the supporters.

The Vince rumours are alive again ..Please Ashley please sell up .. but not to Vince !

• 8 lesh // Mar 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Online Guy

You’re falling for the tripe being spouted about flogging off the remainder of the lease on what is a small area of land.

What’s the point of keeping the lease and paying out a lot of money for the privilege of doing so? If the land’s serving no useful purpose to the business or there’s I real prospect of it doing so, common sense says get rid of the unnecessary cost of keeping it.

• 9 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Mar 25, 2014 at 5:22 AM

On another Topic !

It was Howard Webb,s bad standard of Refereing i feel that lost us a game that was winable against Fulham last week ?

We were not playing well but the Cottagers were playing worse? The game had 0-0 written all pver oit until Webb more or less gifted them the three points!

Then we have a plyer handling the ball and the Ref sending off a totally different player ? In place of letting this referee ref a game in the Championship or resting him for a weekend! What does the FA do? Well, Mr Mariner gets to Ref the Newcastle game against Southampton next weekend?

This will be a Laugh, there are any manner of ways this could go! But if we look at how a lot of Mewcastle games are reffed these days?

It is also the question as to where the 94th minute came from when Papiss scored last Saturday, when there was only 3 minutes added for extra time?

Is it me or have the standards of Officialdom in our game taken a nosedive just recently?

We have also a total OTT punishment for our manager while the player who pushed him out of the way to get to the ball gets off with nowt else but a yellow card ?

Pardew did,nt do much but has been crucified for a “Handbags at Dawn”! offence according to the Media and the FA?

I think the games gone MAD !

previous post: Pardew Gives Newcastle Update – Another Injury