The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Huge Praise For Papiss Cisse – He’s A Very Good Striker

4:15 pm, Monday, March 24th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

Today in football, managers and coaches have to become psychologists to a large extent, and the coaches at Newcastle United have been trying to get Papiss Cisse back to the fantastic form of two years ago,  when he first arrived at Newcastle, and he scored 13 goals in his first 14 appearances for Newcastle.

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Newcastle United v Crystal Palace - St James' Park

Papiss Cisse – in action on Saturday

Alan Pardew has given his press conference for the (very) tough home game against Everton tomorrow night, and he had some special praise for the Senegal striker:

“Papiss has had a difficult season as many strikers do in some years,” “It is very rare for a forward to go through his whole career and have successful seasons back to back.”

“Only the very best can do that.” “Papiss is a very good striker and you have to show faith when they have having a tough time.” “It is important that managers send out the right signals and he has repaid me.”

“He actually had better chances against Palace but he never fails to deliver at some point.” “That’s the third goal he’s scored deep into injury time so it speaks volumes for his fitness.”  “I’m just so pleased he scored that goal and now hopefully, there will be a few more between now and the end of the season.”

“When they have barren spells it is going to affect them, any striker, and I include the best in that. He’s no different to any other striker in that respect.”  “I am so pleased he has got his goal because I hope from between now and the end of the season he gets a few more.”

Papiss has shown the character of a striker over most of this season, when things have certainly not gone his way, but he’s trained hard and has never given up during any of our games, and last Saturday was a good example of that.

He may have had four good chances which  he missed,  but he still managed to score with the very last chance in stoppage time, and he took his opportunity from a perfect Ben Arfa cross brilliantly.

And he’s also done that last season against Stoke City, Fulham and Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala in the Europa League – so that’s four times a Papiss Cisse goal in stoppage time has won the game for Newcastle.

That’s some record – but we hope tomorrow night he can score a little bit earlier, to make it just a bit easier on the nerves of Newcastle fans, which may be just a bit frayed at the moment. :D

But tomorrow against Everton will be a huge test for a Newcastle side still missing our two best players – Mathieu Debuchy and Loic Remy.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Everton?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse · Premier League

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 Graeme // Mar 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM

A footy question – does anyone know if the Everton game is being televised tomorrow??

• 2 Average_Contents // Mar 24, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Graeme

It is not televised mate unless you class illegal streams as televised ;)

• 3 DokToon // Mar 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM

graeme,

stateside it is, but i doubt that helps you…. its being shown here shows you just how much i spend on cable to watch all the matches…

wonder when i buy my next shirt if i should have “colonial mug” on the back of it… with the number zero, of course :)

• 4 Rainrix // Mar 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Graeme…. Nay, skys got the manc derby, bt sports have nowt as per usual, actually i haven’t checked that last one but its probably right :)

• 5 AndyNUFC // Mar 24, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Graeme if you have your laptop around tomorrow night then come on here and I guarantee a number of people will be posting links to watch it.

• 6 AndyNUFC // Mar 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM

By the way what do people make of Andre Marriner (sent off Gibbs instead of Ox-Chamberlain) being made the ref for our game against Southampton this week?

Personally I feel though he should have been dropped this week but not sacked or any heavy punishment… But now the FA hand the matter to our match so a big talking point will be around a man who will have a point to prove and undoubtedly on the edge in case he gets anything wrong… brilliant.

• 7 Graeme // Mar 24, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Cheers all – if in doubt, I’ll just log on to footballstreaming.info they usually have the games on, as long as they are being broadcast somewhere. If its on in the States (Cheers Dok) it will available on that site.

• 8 Average_Contents // Mar 24, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Ciaran

I know your stance on certain subjects mate and I’ve got no problem whatsoever with you, as I said it wasn’t a dig at you because I actually think you make a compelling argument and I’m inclined to agreee with the majority of what you say

But on the live stream side of things I’ve actually never seen this link on here that I’m about to give out! Go me lol

Football streaming info (just type fsi into google) then go to live streams and feedback in the top right corner, scroll down till you find the match and click on a chosen link ( this website has all available streams on the matches so no need to search the whole Damn Internet) plus there is no need to download a host player as they are streamed through your browser! Although this is an option if you wish.

I usually use the coolsportz link or stopstream link as these two seem to have the best quality with hardly no lagging, sometimes they don’t work so just refresh the link oh and I usually leave it till about a minute before kickoff to stream them.

Hope this helps anyone who cannot get to matches or struggle to find good streams.

• 9 Graeme // Mar 24, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Average – see the post above your last one – sorry mate lol

previous post: This Player Narrowly Wins Our Man Of The Match