Newcastle Will Find It Tough To Sign This French Target

There’s news again that Newcastle will try to bring Marseilles striker Andre-Pierre Gignac to Newcastle in the summer, but we think there’s little chance of Newcastle being successful in going after this 28 year-old French International.

Toulouse's forward Andre-Pierre Gignac c

Andre-Pierre Gignac – Newcastle still interested

Newcastle have fancied the player for some time, because of the physical nature of Gignac’s play, which seems to be well suited to the Premier League, but we failed before in trying to bring this player to Tyneside, and there’s likely to be bigger clubs than Newcastle go after the Marseilles man this summer.

And we even remember last summer that he mentioned he wasn’t all that keen to join Newcastle, who will not be able to offer him European football anytime soon.

With Shola Ameobi and Loic Remy leaving the club in the summer, and both Papiss Cisse and Luuk de Jong struggling for goals, Newcastle may have to sign as many as three strikers in the summer, so we hope our Chief Scout Graham Carr is out there very busy scouting some good strikers.

Marseilles are not having a very good season for them, and they are currently 6th in the French league with 44 points, which is 10 points behind 3rd placed Lille.

So if they fail to win Champions League qualification this season, they may have to sell some of their most valuable players – and one of them is certainly Gignac,  who has 19 goals and four assists in his 35 appearances this season.

Chelsea and Arsenal are two Champions League clubs who could also be interested in signing the 17 times capped French International striker, who has 51 goals and 11 assists in his 139 games since joining Marseilles from Toulouse in August four years ago,  for an estimated £14M.

Newcastle’s chances of signing this player must be very low – and we’re just trying to be realistic.

What do you think?

• Graeme

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Looks a good striker from those stats – but in reality stats mean bugger all in the grand scheme of things. Can he deliver in our league – that is the main question!!

• Ciaran

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Looking forward to the next article stating that Barnetta is still a target and how we’ll get him over the line…

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Ciaran – you know fine well that Barnetta is stuck in the hotel broom cupboard and will be over the line as soon as they find the golden goose that lays the golden key

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM

To be fair – Tubbys interested in any striker until he hears the fee

• Average_Contents

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Ciaran

I know your stance on certain subjects mate and I’ve got no problem whatsoever with you, as I said it wasn’t a dig at you because I actually think you make a compelling argument and I’m inclined to agreee with the majority of what you say

But on the live stream side of things I’ve actually never seen this link on here that I’m about to give out! Go me lol

Football streaming info (just type fsi into google) then go to live streams and feedback in the top right corner, scroll down till you find the match and click on a chosen link ( this website has all available streams on the matches so no need to search the whole Damn Internet) plus there is no need to download a host player as they are streamed through your browser! Although this is an option if you wish.

I usually use the coolsportz link or stopstream link as these two seem to have the best quality with hardly no lagging, sometimes they don’t work so just refresh the link oh and I usually leave it till about a minute before kickoff to stream them.

Hope this helps anyone who cannot get to matches or struggle to find good streams.

• Graeme

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Average, see post 7, previous thread. Sorry mate.

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I normally use wiziwig.tv which is basically the same as FSI –
    I’ve noticed that more and more of the links require you to install software to view the game ( streamtorrent / acestream etc) quality is a lot higher than flash but I have a Mac so useless to me

• Average_Contents

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I know graeme you naughty boy stole my thunder 😉

• Sazzer

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Rotonda heights
    “Is there really a player called immobile? I thought that was shola!”

Yes there is and he’s the current top goal scorer in Italy.

• Graeme

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Mindshaft, I use the FSI on my mac with absolutely no problem whatsoever.

• Graeme

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Average life’s a bitch – and then you die lol

• Average_Contents

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Well I prefer too say life’s a bitch then you marry one- then die lol 😉

Of course no offence to bitches was intended In the above statement 🙂

• Thump

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:35 PM

He’s played 108 games for Marseille with 35 goals to show for it. I’d sooner see us sign De Jong.

• Sazzer

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Tottenham could face competition from Manchester City, Chelsea and Newcastle United for the signing of Senegalese winger Sadio Mane.

• Sazzer

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Pardew say we will get a clever player in the summer:

“We know we have got good players here, but we do need that controller of the ball, that manoeuvrer, that clever player, and we will get one in the summer, for sure.”

“It’s fair to say that the transfer made it harder to qualify for Europe – and I don’t think anyone would disagree with that – because we couldn’t replace him.

“But that doesn’t mean to say we can’t replace him in the summer.

• DokToon

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM

average.. you got it partly correct..

lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die… but the very next day, your lottery ticket is the big winner… and she gets it all…

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Grahame – I meant the links on wiziwig, will have a look at FSI tomorrow

• Sazzer

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Papiss scored so:
    “Me and the analyst had a little cuddle and a jump around the room!”

• Marty-Toon

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Can’t see it happening with Ashley buying a 28 year old and not sure he’d actually be good enough

• gazzaforever

Mar 24, 2014 at 6:47 PM

He is way better than Gomis but he s injury prone, inconsistant, and he wont sign for us. The best bet would be to get BA back if it s possible.

• mag

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM

He sounds prolific just what we need.