This Player Narrowly Wins Our Man Of The Match

Papiss Cisse has come through after the early voting favored Hatem Ben Arfa, and now Papiss Cisse looks to be our Man of the Match for Saturday, edging out the French International by about 4%.

papiss cisse scores palace

Pappis Cisse – scored sensation late winner – YES!!

It’s probably fitting that the scorer of the winning goal is our Man of the Match, and Papiss looked sharp on Saturday and was unlucky not to score more goals, although he did miss a couple of good chances.

And Hatem was the big danger man once he came on with about 30 minutes still to play, and he set up Papiss’ goal quite brilliantly.

Here’s the final results of the poll.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Crystal Palace?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• mag

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Not Mr, Coloccini!

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Funny that Spurs and Swansea have caught Pard fever and are now saying Europa league has left them tired – Wigan ( YES WIGAN ) who lost thier best players and were also in the Europa, have managed to storm to the playoffs and the semi final of the FA cup and will play at least 60 games this season with a small squad (compared to most)
    Prem league managers and footballers are prima donnas who forever bang on that they play too many games – pathetic – they make my p!55 boil

• wolfshead@toon

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM

mags posts are like a car crash i know i shouldnt look but i cant help it lol

• Mister Tuff

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM

One thing I do agree with Percy Parsnip about is his dislike for the Europa League. Far too many games, not enough financial rewards, falls into disrepute when at the later stages Champions League club join in.
    So there need to be less games.
    Increase prize monies.
    Stop CL teams coming into the competition.

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM

5welshgeordie9 // Mar 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM

beermonkey

Thanks for the compliment you don’t think I start the arguments do you

Now would I do a thing like that

Ha ha ha

• wolfshead@toon

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM

tuffers

prize monies? your talking about booty right? 😉

• AndyNUFC

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Mag, give me some reasons Coloccini is past it?

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Mag

It seems you have got your hands full today it makes a change it’s usually me

• mag

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM

If a club wants to avoid any interference from cup competitions then they should appoint Alan Pardew as their manager.

• Ciaran

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Tuff

Having CL teams dropping into it takes the legitimacy from it as a competition and given how the lack of financial rewards for EL football was given as an example of why we weren’t interested in competing for it surely it is something that UEFA need to address.

I don’t have faith in the governing bodies in football, from the FA, to UEFA and FIFA – it is all about protecting the big clubs.

• wolfshead@toon

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM

welsh

arent the welsh naturally like that? i have a friend who lives in penarth he could win medals for arguing haha

• AndyNUFC

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Mag; Coloccini, past it – how?

• Average_Contents

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I’m sure we won on Saturday? Didn’t we? Give the arguments a rest it’s getting very tedious now with the holier than now bullsh!t gents! Everyone has a different opinion on NUFC related topics.

Here’s a tip GET THE FCUK OVER IT 😉

• mag

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM

@7 apart from him being to slow constantly injured asking to leave.

• wolfshead@toon

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM

andy

i was watching louis theroux last night you remind me of an attack dog i saw that sunk his teeth into him and wouldnt let go lol

• AndyNUFC

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM

@14.
    Slow? His pace means absolutely nothing when he can read the game so well.

Constantly injured? He’s gave his best years to us and last year got injured from an overhead kick – He’s missed a few games but so do every footballer, hardly missed the whole season.

Sorry but for those reasons you give I can safely say you’re the only deluded person on here.

• wolfshead@toon

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM

average

that sounds like fighting talk haha

• Ciaran

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Average

What advise do you have for someone who has lost all interest in results because our season ended in January? Should their willingness to voice their opinions be based on our results?

• AndyNUFC

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Wolf, thanks!… I think haha.

I just can’t believe people who support NUFC don’t have time for Coloccini. For me, he’s the best defender we’ve ever had, a class player and should be a club ambassador after retiring. A deserved captain of an undeserving team.

• mag

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Your mental constipation is staggering, so you admit his best years and his legs have gone yet your still in favour of him staying.

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I’ve sent an email to Ed so no doubt he’ll add this to one of his next posts but thought I’d ask on here as well.

I’m doing a post grad thesis on eroticism and the fabled female g-spot, I’d therefore like to ask your help by asking your wives and girlfriends to assist me by popping round mine for a bit of rumpy pumpy – I’m only looking for good looking slim women at the moment although if needs must and your mums a milf I’ll take her as well.
    Thanks in advance for helping me out, it means a lot to me to see the brotherhood of the toon help each other out
    BTW: if your lass has crabs or any form of STD I’lll give it a miss if thats okay

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM

wolfshead@toon
    March 24, 2014

Everybody moans I mean look at this blog, how many on here are welsh

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Mindshaft

This is a football blog only, people who don’t like arguing only come on here

• AndyNUFC

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Mag please learn to read.

I said he has gave us his best years. A centre back’s best years typically go on until they’re at least 34 or if they’re fit or talented as Coloccini can go on until nearing 40. I never said he was past it, however you have made your case “he’s slow and wants to leave” as an excuse to sell our captain and arguably best player.

He only wants to leave because of a sensitive family issue, although I think 99% of fans would rather him sort it out and stay be able to see his career out here.

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Average_Contents
    March 24, 2014

Yeah you tell them, they don’t see me or you argue with anybody do they

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM

@Welsh – you can think of me as Collocini although without the curly hair

Oh Coll-o-cinni , you are the love of my life

Oh Collocinni, I’d let you sh.. my wife….

• mag

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:35 PM

@24 I suggest you find another hero to worship as by each posting you dig a bigger hole to bury your strange Coloccini obsession.

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM

mindshaft

You are a first class muppet

• Average_Contents

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Advice? Agony aunt? Me? Never! Well only if you pay me Ciaran 🙂 but in all honestly it’s just constant bickering on here now over different opinions with a side of nasty slurs/namecalling thrown into the mix ( not singling anyone out) like kids in a playground ( I have the best vocabulary so I win)

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:39 PM

@welsh – cheers man, means a lot

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:40 PM

@welsh – I guess you ain’t got a bird then ( or at least an STD free one )

• Average_Contents

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Welsh

Your Welsh! What more is there to say 😉

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I have but I don’t pretend it’s coloccini

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Am I welsh thanks for letting me know

Probably lose on a penalty shoot out again this summer

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Average_Contents
    March 24, 2014

How are you this evening

• guvnor

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Mindshaft you could have a go at my missus but then I’d have to kill you ha ha! You little pervo.

• AndyNUFC

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Mag, it’s called admiration for a fantastic player in the black and white – something unfamiliar to a mackem such as yourself. Are you Jeff?

• guvnor

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Andy I would call it mental illness old son.

• Average_Contents

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I’m good thanks Welsh and yourself?

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I see the drama queens are on here bitching

You lot should go on that annoying show loose women