Ashley Delighted With Palace Win – Big Transfer Summer Ahead

It shouldn’t be too much of a surprise if Newcastle have some big money to spend in the summer, since Newcastle’s finances are in excellent shape, and as long as the Newcastle owner is willing to spend a large percentage of the profits each season from now on – there will be some big money to spend every summer – if we need to – and this summer is one  where we need to – Newcastle need to replace Yohan Cabaye and we need at the very least – two top strikers.

ike ashley st james palace smiling

Mike Ashley – after Newcastle scored on Saturday

And there’s some good words from Alan Pardew today, and we did report last night that Mike Ashley is making a special effort to be at the Newcastle games when Alan is serving his three game stadium ban, and Mike will be at his third successive game tonight,  when we take on an excellent Everton side.

Mike’s getting some good press for doing that this morning in the local press, and it seems Pardew has spoken a number of times to Mike Ashley recently, and Alan seems upbeat about the upcoming summer transfer market.

This is what the manager has told the Shields Gazette today:

“We’re very much looking forward to planning in the summer to take the team forward.” “There’s no doubt we need to replace Cabaye, and we need to get ourselves one or two strikers that are going to give us a chance of European football.”

“In terms of the scouting team, we know what we’re doing.” “You’ve got to manage the squad in terms of where their contracts are, but there’s no doubt we need to bring some offensive players into this group, particularly a Cabaye replacement.”

“Really and truly, the chat with Mike will be about finance rather than actual targets.” “He loves his football, he really does,” “He was absolutely delighted that we scored  on Saturday. He felt we deserved it.”

“Our fans shouldn’t under-estimate the passion he has for football.” “Although, at times at this football club, it’s been tough for him, he still loves the football.”

It seems the transfer team of Alan Pardew, Graham Carr, John Carver and Lee Charnley have their targets all worked out, and there will be meetings with Mike Ashley on the finance side of things – and Lee Charnley will handle that part of the deals – along with Finance Director John Irving.

But with Newcastle having the £20M from the Cabaye transfer available, and around £80M coming in from the new Premier League deal – there should be some decent money to spend this summer.

And we hope that Newcastle move very early in the summer, for the six or seven new players that are expected to be arriving.

It should be an exciting summer for Newcastle fans.

Note: Sean Borland is a student in Newcastle and will not be at either the Man United (5 April) or Swansea (19 April) games – and he has tickets – £30 for the ManU game and £20 for the Swansea game – you can contact him at sean4eva@hotmail.co.uk or sean4eva09 on twitter.

• Black and White with an army lol

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Everton at home aye, I can see them doing a double on us tonight, 4-0 to Everton is my prediction Lukaku is going to be a nightmare for us.

Mike Ashley again is going to be in the stands with the other pathetic 50+thousand fans, I only hope some looney Toon chases the fat b@stard out of our club and when we get hammered I hope the fans in attendance will look down at there ticket and think ” ffs this was a waste of money”

but don’t worry though MA is 100% proud of taken your money it’s as simple as that.

Oh and only expect 1 signing this summer regardless who gets sold on

• valle

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Yah, poor Ashley, its been tough for him at this football club… I wonder why?

• toon kk

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM

B and white
    true words I agree with your prediction,
    We be ripped apart by a far superior team.

• hibbit

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM

i dont think a lot of people on here understand that 40 odd thousand of these fans paid for there tickets 12 months ago its next season you will see the drop off were a lot of fans have not renewed

• sweendog

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I think we’ll beat them .. they’ve not won too many away from home ..key battles are
    1) lukaku and Collo ..with Iron mike back he’ll shore up the defence against high balls unlike when we played them at their place.
    2) Cisse/Arfa – our attack, we need sissoko/Tiote/Gouufran to help out here .. if all these guys have a good game I reckon 2-1 to us.

• nastynorm

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Yeah, let’s bring bac skinny Shephard & the Halls they didn’t take our money did they ! We wudnt have a club if it wasn’t for him,he’s made some bad mistakes lets hope he’s learnt from it. now is the time for him to draw a line under wots gone on in the past & start afresh by puttin his hand in his pocket & bring in the players the club & supporters deserve & be man enough to invite the local press bac into the club, we need everyone pulling in the rite direction for the good of this gr8 club

• firebug666

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I see a draw tonight or maybe us snatching a win. I think we have enough about us to take on this Everton side, but as usual it will depend on which team turns up for us; the one that comes out all guns blazing and attacks from start to finish and gives them no time on the ball. or the one that sits back and tries to soak up pressure and hit them on the break.

I think we will get 3 or 4 signings in the summer and bring in some of the players who have been on loan to swell the ranks.

Having read some of the resent reports (reading between the lines not the actual report) I feel we may be turning a corner and that mistakes in the past have been realised and steps are being taken to push on next season.

My optimism is returning slowly, lets just see what happens in the summer. 1 – 0 to the Toon tonight.

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I’m going to join a Mackem forum to discuss NUFC. I doubt there will be any more depressing negativity about my club on there and at least there won’t be a load of bored, whinging muppets.

This whole blog has been taken over by people who want to slag NUFC off. At one point I was one of those disagreeing with overconfident views about qualifying for the CL or Campbell being the next Rooney but I think I’d prefer that now…

Get off the blog and go do something useful if all you’re on here for is to slag of the club. It’s all been said before and if a genuine Mackem said these sorts of things you’d expect him to be shouted off the blog!

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I posted that and now notice that a few proper fans have posted. Good on you lads!

• firebug666

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:06 AM

TDS

do you have a prediction for tonight?

• ToonMatt

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:07 AM

ToonDarnSarf, Sorry mate can you remind me what there is to be positive about? I must have missed something?

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Firebug

I don’t normally predict scores but I expect a tight game. With no Remy or Cabaye, I don’t think we have any great outlets in an attacking sense so there are none of our players to be especially fearful of. An on-form Sissoko, Goofy, HBA or Cisse could change that though.

I’ll go for a 1-1 draw.

• ToonDarnSarf

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM

ToonMatt

We’re in the PL and are currently ranked the 8th best team, which is about right. We have some top players and can surely expect more to arrive in the summer, plus we have some exciting youngsters coming through soon we hope. But most importantly, this is Newcastle United we’re talking about…I didn’t start to support the club because we were winning loads of trophies or because we were in the CL, I started to support the club because of the great spirit and passion around the club for football, because the fans would get behind their representatives on the pitch and because the stadium was loud and passionate with the crowd willing their team on to perform.

Now, this blog is mostly full of posts with people slagging off our owner, manager or squad and general doom and gloom.

I’ll take 8th place and a transfer window where we should sign several players, it’s you miserable types who put a downer on the season.

• ballerfan2

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Well said TDS. There is no doubt that there are far too many who wish to see the club lose in order to prove that they are correct. And they call themselves “supporters” !?? It is the arrogance they display when they believe that they are the only sane ones here and that anyone with a positive and supportive attitude (the “pathetic 50k+ fans” as described by B&W with an army lol) are somehow either brainwashed or Ashley lovers. Personally I prefer to believe that the club are on the verge of something good. Although we have been inconsistent we have played some good stuff at times this season. With some sensible investment – not the silly spending that went on last summer by the more ambitious(?) clubs like Norwich, Cardiff, SUNDERLAND and several others – then it may just be possible to push on and aim higher. After all, after last season’s desperation how can anyone not be happy with our current position. I certainly am. But there again I like to think I’m realistic and not a deluded soul who believes that if we don’t score 3 every game while keeping a clean sheet then the club is a mess and that any of our decent players (not that we have any of course) are desperate to leave the sinking ship. Sheesh!

• ToonMatt

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

TDS, You’re deluded if you think Mike Ashley will show ambition and sign several players and you’re talking about the passion of the crowd? Sorry but that passion is slowly being took out of the fans, Nobody I have met at the games likes the direction the club is going in and if you’re happy with finishing 8th every season and not challenging for silverware then you are clearly not a fan of this club.