The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle And Everton Have Little Chance Of Keeping Strikers

10:40 pm, Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

The Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has been asked about striker Romelu Lukaka, who is on loan for the season at  Everton, and will likely be available from Chelsea in the summer, since he doesn’t seem to fit into Jose Mourinho’s’ plans for the future.

romelu lukaka scores first goal

Romelu Lukaka scoring against Newcastle last night

Alan Pardew was asked if Newcastle would be interested in signing Lukaka in the summer:

“I think he is a player a lot of clubs will be looking at in the summer. I don’t think Everton will get a free run at him.” “At the moment, it is a bit like we are with Loic.”

“It is a situation that Everton would love to keep him, as we would with Loic, and those questions are really out of Everton’s and our control.”

That doesn’t exactly sound like a yes from Alan Pardew that we will try to sign Romelu, although we will probably try to sign the Belgium International, who would be great at Newcastle.

And we’d be surprised if Everton manage to sign him too, and Romelu will probably look to sign for a club in the Champions League, which is unlikely to be Everton – at least not for next season.

And Newcastle will be unable to sign Loic Remy in the summer, and he will also head to a Champions League club, and it looks like his first choice is Arsenal.

So it seems that both Everton and Newcastle will fail to sign their top on-loan strikers in the summer.

Sad but true for both clubs.

Note: Andrew Todd is a passionate Geordie first, and a final year student at De Montfort University second, and he’s busy working on his dissertation. His questionnaire is only for people in the UK Retail Sector, and takes only a few minutes to complete here it is.

Note: Sean Borland is a student in Newcastle and will not be at either the Man United (5 April) or Swansea (19 April) games – and he has tickets – £30 for the ManU game and £20 for the Swansea game – you can contact him at sean4eva@hotmail.co.uk or sean4eva09 on twitter.

\

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 welshgeordie9 // Mar 26, 2014 at 11:03 PM

I think I will call it a day now on this blog 90 per cent on this blog are bloody drama queens

So
    Marccus
    Jack butler
    Mag
    John Tudor

Take care

Others well what can I say

From now on I will just read the comments and I won’t bother joining in

Final note it’s note Ciaran it’s not me who chucks toys out of the pram or needs to grow up

• 2 jimmysmith // Mar 26, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Debuchey’s international understudy Bacary Sagna to be offered a three year deal to go to Man City at the end of the season. Which surely underlines the very real quality of our own right back.

• 3 Online Guy // Mar 26, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Ashley and Hoddle seen out and about together , with company.. York and Albany , Regent’s park. that’s the 3rd time in about 6 months.

• 4 Online Guy // Mar 26, 2014 at 11:38 PM

How would one feel about Pardew being replaced by Hoddle season’s end ?

• 5 jimmysmith // Mar 26, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Hoddle would seem an excellent DOF for Newcastle. You’d think he’d have a positive impact in recruiting youth, coaches and more established players and also sort out the Academy. Wouldn’t fancy him as manager so much, but a partnership with Pardew would appeal.

Also, wheels are falling off Sunderland’s season in an inexorable slow motion, it would appear.

• 6 beermonkey // Mar 26, 2014 at 11:47 PM

online guy

think they been seen together more in the last few months

as for manager
    he would have an understanding of how to use flair players

never really thought about him bein manager mainly as i don’t believe pards will go any where

but i think hoddle would have made a half decent dof he has lots of contacts in Europe as long as he don’t use us to buy players from his rejects academy

• 7 welshgeordie9 // Mar 26, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I don’t think we will be after hoddle

• 8 jayphoto // Mar 26, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Think its widely the worst kept secret that Remy is most likely to sign for Arsenal in the summer! Be interested to know if hed be eligible for QPR in the playoffs… They’d be mad not to use him if they could it’d give them a great chance of promotion!
    Expect Lukaku to leave Chelsea, hes probably the striker Arsenal should sign! Most likely think chelsea will use them as a pawn or makeweight to signing a diego costa or Ibrahimovic level player

• 9 jimmysmith // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Hoddle wanted the Tottenham job, at least in the short term and he’s said publicly more than once and recently that once he gets his Academy up and running he wants back in the English game at the highest level. If reports of these meetings are true, then Hoddle at the Toon in some capacity is well on the cards and Pardew I think does need help.

• 10 jimmysmith // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Jesus, the more I think about it Hoddle would seem to be a genuine leap in the right direction. And even if there just mates hanging out, he’s a heap better confidante than old Joe could ever even hope to be. Hope this is true.

• 11 Online Guy // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Jayphoto ..been meaning to ask you this for a long time ..I did read that you do get out and about a bit with your Camera ..I’m not certain but are you now based in France ?
    And do you hail from Ashington or Blyth ..something you said made me think I had met you at a Gig .

Where you at Lady Ga Ga Gig at Nottingham over 2 years back now ..Photographer at that Gig? ..I was involved in that gig ..and got talking to a photographer from Ashington- Blyth way .. Was also Talking to an American Photographer after the Gig ..Picking his brains as to what my Next Camera should be .

The yank was lecturing the other photographers on how it should be done . I was working on the music side of things not Photography. wondering …? Pony tail and had to leave gig in hurry to get to London fast ? Small world if its you ..It was just something you wrote a few months back that has me wondering .

• 12 jayphoto // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Always thought Hoddle was very tactically astute! His preferred 3-5-2 formation I think would really suit us aswell with willo, mym and collo at the back, debuchy and santon/haidara wing backs, tiote, anita and sissoko mid with Remy and gouffran/HBA up top! Be a decent side! Find Pardew far to rigid with failing tactics of 4-4-2 or 4-5-1

• 13 Online Guy // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Hoddle would mean we don’t have to employ a physio

He can heal with his hands .wondering if Eileen Drewery is still alive ?

Hoddle is a draw specialist mind Christ it was boring watching his teams at times ..I recall when he was at Wolves…
    ….Had about 15 draws out of 18 games one year ..his record in cups was canny though

Yes Its possible that our new management team, if there’s one in the offing, could be called…..

” The Hod Squad.”

• 14 jayphoto // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Online guy, yea im a fashion and commercial photographer! Never shots gigs although i covered sports for Stoke Sentinel for a year in their promotion season!
    Not based in france, im in a strange situation coz im actually based in the Village in Staffs where St Georges park FA centre is but i predominantly work in Birmingham or Manchester! Work takes me to France (paris) and Holland about 5/6 times a year though!
    My newcastle links come from my Gramdmother whos from Holy Cross, her uncle was a toon player tho, Charlie Crowe!

• 15 Online Guy // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Jay , I was on the right lines ..I thought you were from Ashington way for some reason ..The Photographer at that particular gig was from there ,,had a great natter with him ..always make a big deal out of having a natter with fellow Geordie’s when on the road !.

I was recommended the Nikon D700 by the American guy at that time . I stuck with my Canon gear on the digital side ..Iv still got a lot of my 35 mm collection ..mostly Nikon ..I still like a bit of 35mm analogue ! I priced up Nikon D700 ..or was it D7000…700 I think ..about 3k back 2 years ago?

Camera’s seem to get real cheap real fast ..

• 16 jayphoto // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Yea be a D700! Can pick them up for a third of that now! I use a D800E myself , crazily sharp camera! Its depressing buying them though knowing 6 months down the line it’ll be a fraction of the price!
    Its an odd job tbh, on paper it sounds ace but in reality you notch up 1000’s of hours a year on trains and planes and motorways! End up standing around alot too, worked out the other day i only work for about 15minutes every hour whilst im on a shoot, sounds good but gets really dull

• 17 Online Guy // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Jay it sounds like you get more mins in than me when I’m on an acting Job .. it gets tedious waiting around from 6 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon ..I don’t do much of that lark now if I can help it ! Initially… going back a few years it was as bad as that ..better timed now ..Techy rehearsals are a nightmare ..you know for any given scene ..aagghhh.! I sometimes think its a form of torture they administer for kick’s .

• 18 wolfshead@toon // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Online Guy // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Hoddle would mean we don’t have to employ a physio

He can heal with his hands .wondering if Eileen Drewery is still alive ?

pmsl

• 19 Online Guy // Mar 27, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Jay, I’m still thinking of getting the D700 ..do they have a shutter counter and what are the things to look out for on that model ..your D800E wont be cheap so I’m not even going to go there ..can you recommend something to look out for ? Cheers jay.

• 20 jimmysmith // Mar 27, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Small world indeed. Charlie Crowe was a pal of my dads. They worked together after Charlie’s retirement at my Grandad’s builders merchants. We have much treasured family photos of the pair of them kicking a ball around in regular games on the beach at Whitley Bay and at celebrations at the grandparents family home with the FA cup after one or two of those famous victories in the early and mid fifties. If you’ll forgive the intrusion.

• 21 Online Guy // Mar 27, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Wolf’s

Hoddle had a spur’s player on the couch . The player had a long term Knee problem. Hoddle put his hand on player’s Knee in front of Peter Shreeves, allegedly , and told him he was going to heal him …That’s a story that was doing the rounds back then and more than likely a newspaper lie . funny though.

Poor Glen was tortured in the press ..He’s made for Our Soap opera series !

• 22 Online Guy // Mar 27, 2014 at 1:08 AM

JimmySmith ..that’s a lovely story mate.

• 23 Ciaran // Mar 27, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Welsh

You’ve threatened to pack it in a ridiculous amount of times already. You’ll be back, playing the martyr again no doubt.

• 24 jimmysmith // Mar 27, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Of course we could just wait till the end of the season and get Moyes in. He’s almost certain to be looking for a job.

• 25 ilovetoon8788 // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:53 AM

arsenal might be in for debuchy to replace Sagna

• 26 jazzyp // Mar 27, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Welsh
    Dont let the door slam ya in the face on the way out pal

previous post: John Carver – It Will Be Great!

next post: On-Loan Striker Still Struggling At Newcastle – Poll