The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Part Of Newcastle The Best It’s Been For Years

2:17 pm, Thursday, March 27th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 98 Comments

Alan Pardew has talked about the Newcastle Youth Academy in his press conference today, and he has said Newcastle now have some top young players in the Youth Academy coming through, and it’s certainly the best it’s been since Alan Pardew has been at the club.

adam armstrong

Adam Armstrong - one of the top young players coming through

This is what Alan said about the youngsters at the club this afternoon:

“I’ve been at two clubs who are renowned for their talent coming though – West Ham, when I was there, the Academy there, and Southampton, who are obviously getting a lot of attention with some good players coming through.”

“But we are now, in my third year here, the best we’ve been in the Academy, we’ve been graded Grade A status here (Category One officially) , and we’ve signed five players who did very well in the Youth Cup.”

“The strongest we’ve been certainly in my time, and hopefully we can take that one and start building a better foundation below.”

Owner Mike Ashley put an emphasis on the Youth Academy shortly after he arrived at Newcastle in the summer of 2007, but we haven’t really had too many successes since that time.

We hope some of Newcastle’s best young players currently like Adam Armstrong, Remie Streete, Freddie Woodman, Adam Campbell and others can come through in the next year or two.

What do you think?

Note: Andrew Todd is a passionate Geordie first, and a final year student at De Montfort University second, and he’s busy working on his dissertation. His questionnaire is only for people in the UK Retail Sector, and takes only a few minutes to complete here it is.

Tags: Adam Armstrong · Adam Campbell · Coaching · Freddie Woodman · Premier League · Remie Streete

98 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Don’t forget to mention how strong our bank balance is too!

The strongest it’s even been. Huzzah!

• 2 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I’ve read in places (some posters on here) that Kemen is a talent, has anybody seen him before? I’ve also heard he had a spat with Beardsley at some point mind…

Anyway I am amazed we haven’t reward Jonathan Quinn for his hattrick against the mackems with a run out! Armstrong done well in the cup so he rightfully got some time but sadly, as is usually the case, no more than 10 minutes.

I’ve also read Rolando Aarons is a nippy winger with a trick or 2, again can anybody verify?

• 3 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Seems the time for us to be reminded that our youth team are amazing and will be pushing for for first team action next season has come around again…locals must of been talking of transfers too loudly

• 4 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Ironically, as much as we debate Pardew’s transfer dealings and how much we lack English talent – he was the one who signed Lambert and Lallana for Southampton…

• 5 xiaofeiii // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM

hi

will Newcastle change their jersey next season?

• 6 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Ibiza…just imagine Pardew gets carte blanche this summer!

…who do you think will arrive? ;)

• 7 Rainrix // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Ibiza…. Im personally looking forward to some accounts based chanting next season. All together now! “We’ve got healllllllthy balance sheets!

• 8 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM

xiaofeiii

Yes they change every season.

• 9 DokToon // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM

rain,

hows the island? lol…

NUFC… if it aint broke, dont fix it.. we’re not, so we wont…

• 10 DokToon // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM

rain,

hows the island? lol…

NUFC… if it aint broke, dont fix it.. we’re not broke, so we wont…

• 11 wynsleap // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM

They’re going to HAVE to come through because our generous owner isn’t going to be bringing in much by the way of investment.
    Stand by for a team full of loans, out of contracts, free transfers and ‘promising’ youths next season.
    …. and of course even more money into the Ashley coffers.

• 12 Rainrix // Mar 27, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Dok…. Its boiling over here actually, I’m sweating like a necrophiliac in a zombie movie ;). Hows the desert?

• 13 Ciaran // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Well I don’t think our academy can say it’s the best its been for years – you can only say that retrospectively when those youngsters break into the first team and play well.

Given the fact that in previous years we have developed Andy Carroll and Fraser Foster you could argue that our academy was better a few years ago.

If Armstrong, Woodman, Campbell et al go on to have top flight careers then we can say this period was the best in recent memory, but not now just because we have a few talented players who MIGHT develop.

• 14 Ancientcoptic // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:21 PM

So we do have a category 1 academy then… according to Pardew.

There has been a few doubts cast in the past.

• 15 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:27 PM

andy nufc at 2 . have seen kemen 5 times now. he is quite combative .he gets forward quite a bit too. pity he is not 6 inch bigger and could do with a bit of strengthening as he seems to tire a bit towards the end of a game although he works hard .arons has a burst of pace about him.he is quite tricky and seems to have become consistent as well .have seen him 6 times for u 18 and 21 and he looked dangerous every time. would do better to play him as sub than lazy gutless marv imo.

• 16 DokToon // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM

ahhhhh, theres my buddy ciaran, always spinning things positively :)

dok… “hey ciaran, soemone bought me a beer!’

ciaran.. ” why didnt they buy you two? you see dok, while one beer is good, two is better,and you shouldve held out for two.. and maybe soem nachos, cause after two beers, you”ll be hungry,and then your left with a tummyache… think ahead dok…”

• 17 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM

watched u21 v lpool last week and thought for a 16 yold callum roberts had an excellent game scoring one and hitting the post. also looked good in the bit i saw last night v man u u 21s.

• 18 Ginger // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM

1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE

Seems you’ve watched a fair bit of the youngsters. In your honest opinion do you think any of them will make it at this club?

• 19 Thump // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Wallsend Boys Club regularly churned out more talent than our academy.

Let that on sink in for a second.

• 20 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Woodman son has just been awarded a new contract it pays to have contacts.

• 21 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM

So one minute Pardews saying were interested in Lukaku, the next he’s hyping the academy

Someone’s had a b0llocking ;)

“Ssssshhhhh Pards you idiot, the locals will want money spent, quick get yer car keys out and dangle them infront of them, they love shiny objects so it should distract them from signings”

• 22 DokToon // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:36 PM

rain,

actually its pouring quite nicely here… and of course, my boy has practice tonite.. sounds like my truck will be muddy….

• 23 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Pardew talks more crap than Andy and the idiot jail.

• 24 Ciaran // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Dok

Why didn’t you tell him to buy you a whiskey instead? God dammit Dok! ;)

I’m not spinning things, just think it is premature to be over hyping these youngsters or putting any unnecessary pressure on them. Campbell got his debut about 18 months ago and hasn’t come along any further, nor has he been that impressive on loan this year, yet at one stage he was likened to a young Michael Owen.

It all stems to how desperate to see players come through due to the fact that we know we’ll get no signings but the reality is we really don’t know if these players will make it.

• 25 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Pardew just likes to keep the status quo happy.

• 26 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM

“guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Woodman son has just been awarded a new contract it pays to have contacts.”

… And I talk crap? Naughty word for a little boy.

• 27 toon kk // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Pardew will say the youth academy is the best because Mash will have told him to use several of them next season to save money on new transfers.

• 28 Rainrix // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Dok…. Is that ahem “soccer” practice? If so i hope you aren’t getting the lad emotionally invested in nufc. Honestly in our current state i think that could be classed as abuse :)

• 29 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Newcastle United have never been a great production line for emerging talent over the years. Alan Shearer was played in goal and Man Citys Geordie legend Dennis Tueart was told he was to small for top flight football and released.

• 30 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM

ginger at 18 yes i do armstrong definitely, there are very few who dont have a chance but it also depends on what chances the manager gives them .armstrong hits the ball hard and quick – l dj please copy. toonarmydown south at 21 at no stage did pardew ever say we were interested in lukaku and i heard the interview on ssn.

• 31 DokToon // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM

ciaran…

i believe its my duty, no, my calling to rebut every negative thing you say with something possitve, and conversly, everything i say positive, for you to take me down a peg….

its 10am here, and im still hungover, lol….

• 32 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:47 PM

@26 but true and your rather dim!

• 33 DokToon // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM

yes rain,

my lad has been playing for 4 years now, hes almost 8… yes he supports NUFC… and no thats not child abuse, its proper parenting…

i went up to a teammate of his, whos father had his son in a manure shirt and told him i should call CPS on him, now thats abuse!

• 34 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM

watched ssn and had computer on looking at chronicle when pardew was talking about team talk at weekend ,chronik quoted word for word what he said . shows where they get info from.

• 35 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Ah, guvnor with the school boy comebacks again. Not had your afternoon nap yet son?

• 36 Ciaran // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Dok

It’s an arrangement I can live with haha I do think you’ll come over to the dark side though, this summer should be the clincher ;)

• 37 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM

@35 yeah they seem to stop your rubbish dead in its tracks.

• 38 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Other famous Pardew sayings:
    “I believe we’ll be stronger next season except in positions where we are weaker.’
    “The young’uns are looking so good in fact that I’m thinking of putting them all on the Benny diet plan. That will slow them down and make them defend better.”
    “I firmly believe we will contest for top 10 again next season unless we have a slipup and somebody gets injured.”
    “It’s not completely out of the question that we will win a cup next season if nobody else enters the completion.”

• 39 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:07 PM

“if nobody else enters the competition.” Harrumph

• 40 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Some famous Ashley football quotes:

• 41 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Can anybody find any famous Ashley football quotes?

• 42 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Pardew is a master of gobbledygook as promoted by the late great Professor Stanley unwin.

• 43 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Finally I found a famous Ashley quote.
    “I love going to the matches at St. James Park as long as I have my French nipple masseuse with me.” Lovely Mike.

• 44 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Is anybody else as happy as Mike is with our current form? He’s not really aware about the part where it’s generally good to put the ball in the opposing team’s onion bag though. I’ll have a word with him lads, not to worry.

• 45 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM

GT don’t keep on about nipples as old Andrew thinks the erogenous zones are a mountain range.

• 46 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Very sneaky guvnor. You’re trying to draw me into the tiff between you and AndyNUFC aren’t you? Well it won’t work. I have other eggs to fry. Harrumph.

• 47 DokToon // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM

ciaran,

if we get only one on loan, yeah, ill be a raving lunatic,just like you :)

• 48 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM

…and apparently I “talk crap”…

• 49 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Apparently doesn’t come into it!

• 50 Ibizatoon // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Dok…You’ll never be a raving lunatic “just like Ciaran”. That level of lunacy takes years and years to obtain.

Just look at G2, he’s been working on his lunacy for many a year now and it’s paid off as he is now the official blog hobbit. How’s that for dedication in the name of lunacy?

Your son will be a natural, teach ‘em young, that’s what I say.

• 51 ToonMatt // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Shame that there is no ambition at all at the club and these youngsters are just been brought up to be sold at a profit.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:25 PM

G2, Andy,
    I’ve spent far too much time on this blog over the years and from experience I can tell you when you ignore trolls they go away, engaging with them only gives them reason to hang around.

• 53 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Alan thinks there is a very good chance we will beat Southampton unless we lose or draw. If we lose or draw he has some very good ideas about why. Not to bore you all but here are his top 3 excuses already prepared:
    1. The referee seemed to have a rash and he was distracted and scratching it when that lad of theirs kicked Tiote in the knackers.
    2. I forgot my pen and notepad on the bus and it put me into a right tizzy. The lads were upset and just couldn’t perform.
    3. I got my wee winkie caught in my zipper in the bog just before the match got underway and the screaming completely upset the lads. I really can’t forgive myself.

• 54 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Yes! Ohhhh yes!!! Finally someone understands me! Ibiza you’re a treat you are! You lovely Spanish Stud Muffin! You see lads? All the hard work has paid off……….Now where was I?

• 55 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Jail I don’t want to descend to your base level and would be grateful if you ceased with the troll crap just because I don’t agree with your retarded view of Newcastle United.

• 56 Ibizatoon // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:31 PM

G2…Given that Pardew will only have a touchline ban from now on, I imagine some new excuses could surface…if we’re lucky.

How about:

1) It was difficult for the lads to understand me over the noise from the crowd. I asked the rowdy bunch to keep it down, it got so bad I nearly nutted one of them.

2) Elliot was doing terrific to keep us in the game and preserve the goalless draw. However, he naturally was looking for me in the crowd for guidance so didn’t get to see that pass back from Cisse and it just rolled in. On the upside, that goal should give Cisse a bit more confidence going forward. As it was an own goal, I think we can consider this one a draw, even if we technically don’t get any points.

• 57 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Yeah that’s true JFA, but it’s a shame any newcomer to the site or neutral fan may actually be fooled to think a fully grown human being with a semi – working brain and remotest interest in football would think and comment the way guvnor does. He makes us all look bad. I’m just trying to defend the blog’s pride.

• 58 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Don’t worry jail mate, Official Blog Hobbits can handle trolls with ease. I have powerful friends in Middle Earth. And a highly trained and hungry honey badger. Harrumph.

• 59 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM

G2, is the badger fearless?

• 60 Ibizatoon // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Fearless, furless (okay, hairless, but a bit of poetic license is required) and free…have we stumbled across Ashleys “What I’m looking for” dating profile?

• 61 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Yeah I remember reading some of your experienced views on Calamity Coloccini and he did you proud against Everton, Andrew.

• 62 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Yes, I can see where you’re coming from there Ibiza mate @56. But do you really think Pards is clever enough to come up with any of that? He tries and tries to help the team but the best he can come up with is “lads please remember it’s attack by defending, forward is bad, backward and sideways are good”, and the always popular “right who let those twats score again?”

• 63 Ibizatoon // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:43 PM

G2…Fair point. Without Joe around to help guide him, I imagine poor Alan is feeling a little lost lately.

• 64 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:47 PM

My badger is actually called Chunky Fearless Fosdick to use his full name Andy mate. He’s lovely as long as you don’t try to pet him or show any other signs of affection. I was thinking of hiding him in Mike’s thong drawer at the castle as an early morning surprise.

• 65 Graeme // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Ibiza – some would say he has been lost for the past 3 years!!!

• 66 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Guvnor name 1 player that did well, I dare you.

• 67 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Ibiza can tell us all about what happens when there is a honey badger hidden in your thong drawer. Go ahead, ask him if you dare lads.

• 68 Ibizatoon // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Graeme…Indeed they would. Any small hope we were given when Joe arrived was quickly taken away. Sad times.

• 69 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM

G2, oh that’s so nasty.

• 70 Ibizatoon // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM

G2…I could, but then it would take away from the excitement of learning first hand. I wouldn’t want to do that to my fellow posters.

• 71 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Tiote and Sissoko there’s two for you to scrutinise Andrew.

• 72 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Ibiza mate I seem to remember you saying something like:
    “Who’s a good honey badger then? Who’s a lovely honey badger?” while you backed slowly into your walk in closet and closed the door. That’s the story jesper tells anyway.

• 73 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:02 PM

guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM

——————-

AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Guvnor name 1 player that did well, I dare you.

—————–

guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Sissoko

—————–

WOW.

Just…. WOW.

• 74 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Andrew that terminates our debate as your obviously disturbed.

• 75 AndyNUFC // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:06 PM

You obviously didn’t watch the match.

• 76 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Have to go for a bit lads. Enjoyed the banter as always. Stay wild and wooly Ibiza mate. :)

• 77 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Andy has never been whetted judging by his posts.

• 78 Ciaran // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Ibiza

Indeed, one must put hours of ranting in a padded cell before one can achieve the levels of lunacy that I have achieved. Only then can you reach true enragenment…see what I did there? ;)

• 79 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Ffs Andy, you’re just as bad as him.

• 80 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:33 PM

See Barca have snapped up another great looking youngster in Halilovic

The lad is a great little player, was hoping to see him in the prem though!

• 81 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Calm down jail you inbred from over the river.

• 82 Graeme // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Guess who’s been flapping his lips prior to the Saints game!! Did his script writer actually watch the last debacle?
    “In terms of my own standing in the game I need to make sure that with the experience I have got, I use it in the right manner. I’ll be focusing on that and making sure that the team’s winning mentality doesn’t drop off and that we are structurally alright for what is a difficult game. Southampton have had a fantastic season but we’re still above them and we want to stay there.

Well done Mr P lol errr what winning mentality is that then??

• 83 DokToon // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM

guvnor, jeff, mag, darla, whatever dress youre wearing today…

ffs… go play in traffic, your attempts to rile up people have become tedious, nonsensical, and flat out moronic…

close the door on yoru way out..

sincerely,
    the blog…

• 84 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Graeme
    We are winners

How many other fans can feel the kind if pride and passion we do? What other fans turn up in droves week in week out for one sole purpose? What other fans wake every match day grinning ear too ear knowing that no other fans will share this magical feeling we have

None, no other fans in the world can be as proud of there club……….s bank balance as we are
    Best books in the league lets fuskin ave it!

• 85 Graeme // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM

TADS – my apologies; I forgot about the balanced books – how bad am I eh!!!

• 86 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Graeme,
    His lips started their flapping warm up with the ‘ I’ve met Mike to discuss transfers’ routine, the bloke has to be complicit in the whole shambles.

• 87 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Dok why are you poking your colonial nose into Geordieland? Your attempt at crass humour is embarrassing you moron do you understand comprende hombre?

• 88 toonarmydownsouth // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM

JFA
    Agree the clubs PR, Pards included, has gone into summer BS overdrive

We’ll believe after they have finished there clear out and actually bought enough players in with enough quality to actually compete in all competitions not simply do enough to survive in the league

• 89 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:53 PM

These creepy Americans do my nappa in, play in traffic what moronic craic is that your obviously still in short trousers.

• 90 Graeme // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Jail, No surprises there mate, none at all.

• 91 Graeme // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:55 PM

TADS – good luck with that mate.
    Somehow I think you could be waiting a long, long time lol

• 92 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I’m not even going to say those oft said words of Mashleys time to prove himself, but surely with all this extra TV money and Cabaye sale, plus a profit last year depite spending in between 11 and 30M on players last year, surely there are no accounts to hide behind this time, either we see 40M come off the debt or we see some good dough spent on some decent players.

• 93 guvnor // Mar 27, 2014 at 6:11 PM

The American will be sitting screaming in his room.

• 94 jimmysmith // Mar 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Taylor was the last youth product to come through, ten years ago. Before him Shola and now Sammy is seeing some first team action. Dummett is also getting a taste. Hardly world beaters and so many many more have been bigged up along the way? HUGE, HUGE difference between the reserves and the first team. Would love to see the kids come through, but you really need to have genuine raw talent and know what your doing with them and I imagine it then takes time and if our first team set up is anything to go by and front office, well, you’d be well advised to keep more low key expectations. I think Ashley wants to bring them through, how realistic it is I don’t know and I also think these Ashley Hoddle rumours, sightings etc are connected to him wanting the youth to be brought along. If we get the Academy functioning well, and that’s a big if, then maybe the next generation will start to deliver a genuine player or two, this group I’d say is unlikely to.

• 95 jimmysmith // Mar 27, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Caveat to the last post. If Ashley does set up the Academy well and get it producing players, he will have done the club some massive good.

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Great having youth players come through, maybe we put too much expectation on them after the likes of Shearer and Carrick slipped through the net, we all thought Fergie was the next best thing, the simple truth is all big players that have come through and been on loan have cut the mustard at CC clubs, Fergie should be playing in our reserves not Brums. and surely your Forests and Derbys would be interested in Vukic and Tav if they we’re good enough, how we’re wxpecting these players to come back and cut it in the PL after playing for Rotherham and Brum reserves is a mystery that needs addressing, have you heard about the Eporers new clothes, maybe somebody should tell Mashers the truth.

• 97 gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb) // Mar 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM

You know, I’m actually really glad I’m not living anywhere near Newcastle because I’d be be really annoyed to be paying for the rest of the season to be watching a club who have simply given up for the season now we’re safe.

Not the players so much as the club itself from the owner down- exactly the same in January, as long as we’re safe no need to spend or try anything as anything above ‘safe’ seems to be deemed a waste of money.

I.e. the advertising for SportsDirect isn’t worth the outlay needed. Because that’s all we are now- a show pony for sports direct it seems.

• 98 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Jimmysmith,
    Maybe it’s the cynic in me but it’ll do him the world of good, he’s got no interest in our long term future.

previous post: Newcastle Player The Star Man For England