The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew’s Sky Interview After Southampton Debacle – Video

6:03 pm, Saturday, March 29th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 29 Comments

Here is Alan Pardew’s Sky Sports interview, after what was just a pathetic performance from a lethargic and uninspired Newcastle side, that included players who are a lot better than they showed today – and we were second best from the first whistle in every part of the field – except maybe goalkeeper – to a good,  young and energetic Southampton side.

alan pardew swansea

Alan Pardew – it wasn’t good enough
Tell us something we don’t know Alan

Alan Pardew interview – if you really still want to see it – click here. :D

Note: People in the Retail Sector needed – Andrew Todd is a final year student at De Montfort University, and he’s working on his dissertation. His questionnaire is only for people in the UK Retail Sector, and takes only a few minutes to complete – and he’s short of completed questionnaires so see if you can help – here it is.

Note: Sean Borland is a student in Newcastle and will not be at either the Man United (5 April) or Swansea (19 April) games – and he has tickets – £30 for the ManU game and £20 for the Swansea game – you can contact him at sean4eva@hotmail.co.uk or sean4eva09 on twitter.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

29 responses so far ↓

• 1 BuckLuck // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Rotonda, from last thread.

I hope he has lost the dressing room. One step closer…

• 2 wolfshead@toon // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM

@12

• 3 Ketsbaia9 // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM

De Jong is too slow. We need fast paced strikers. There’s no point in playing 1 up front if he’s got no pace. Remy and Aubameyang are decent fast paced strikers. Sod target men, we need these type of strikers.

• 4 Ketsbaia9 // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Everton could snatch 4th spot. Love Martinez. Top bloke and great manager. Hate defensive minded managers. Pardew’s used defensive tactics and we end up getting beat 4-0, 0-3, 4-0. The team just gives up.

• 5 daztoon // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Pardew just go you clueless tit.

• 6 The next Mike Williamson // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Tavernier got another 2 goals at Rotherham at right back. We should recall him and give him a run in the last 6 games. I’m sure Debuchy could do with a rest with the world cup coming up.
    I’ve always thought Tavernier was ahead of Dummet. I guess he mustn’t run as far or train as hard.

• 7 manxpie // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM

haha wolf the embarresin thing is i actually clicked the link!

• 8 ramboreilly // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM

That performance,was the first time,you could say pardew has lost the dressing room.Something has gone wrong bigtime,3 defeats in 4 since he was sent off.the one victory a last minute goal against an awful palace team.He must shoulder the blame and resign if he had any dignity.

• 9 toonking // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:17 PM

@6

6 games is not enough games to determine how good a player someone is
    debuchy took 6 months before he turned into the debuchy we know

tiote last year was awful but is now great and one of the two players in my choice of player of the season.

the other player was a player who himself was awful in the seasons past but ever since he came on at everton Williamson has been great.

That is the reason dummett looks so poor, he too has not had enough time to fit into the team.

• 10 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:17 PM

That was Shite
    another clueless gutless display.
    only three players turned up Elliot. my MOM 7 merit marks if you can give one Anita 3 merit marks and Cisse 3

the rest not worth the effort typing a merit mark.

Well in a funny way this could be the best result for the club.

Might just showAshley how short of class we are and has to put his hands in his pockets and Buy Buy Buy!!!1

cos if not we are in deep sh next year

• 11 Rotonda heights // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Toonking

Sorry but you do talk some xenophobic BS.

By your reckoning Suarez, Van Persie, ya ya Toure etc etc all lack passion.

I’ve got no problem with foreign players but I have a huge one with this unfit for purpose English manger

manx

16th last season

Plus Today was one of the most gutless, disinterested displays I’ve seen in my life, worse than the 2 at home to sunderland .

What exactly has to happen for you to accept pardew can’t motivate them or instil any attacking passing style We haven’t scored in 10 out of 14 games.

How dire does it have to be before you finally wake up and realise that maybe, just maybe your hero who can’t do any wrong and it’s all everyone else’s fault, Pardew is partly to blame.

You continue in denial after every lacklustre performance.
    How long are you going to dine out on 1 good season 3 years ago?

Yo Yo

Did we not have a dutch international forward, a senegalese international forward and a french international forward?

• 12 yo-yo // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM

beermonkey

So we have got one striker out of four who is worth nore than £5m..
    We have a mercurial talented AM who often goes missing and Sissoko who is no way in Toure’s class.
    Where does that leave us ? Answer … incredibly short of forward options with any real threat.
    We are short of talent throughout the team as well as in the dugout.

• 13 manxpie // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM

rambor did u see palaces result today?

• 14 toon kk // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I hope travelling supporters enjoyed the game, surely they didn’t think we’d get something out of the match with our team if I can call us a team.

• 15 Ketsbaia9 // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Would anyone take a punt at Gaston Ramirez?

• 16 toonking // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM

RT

you don’t look fully at posts so make things bollox.

what i said was that passion has gone from the game and now it’s got replaced by money.

rooney was pressurising united to give him a big money contract if he were to stay.

suaez was only wanting to remain at liverpool if they have CL football and he has a better contract

torre has a big contract at city

if RVP was so passionate he would have still been at arsenal not where he is now at united on a bigger contract which is why he left.

• 17 lochinvar // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Heard Pardew’s interview on the radio talking guff about players lacking energy or cohesion. What happened to our super fitness coach – is she still working with the team ? What are they eating – doughnuts ? If those of us fortunate to be working put in a shift like that we would be given a warning and Pardew should get his second and walk. Where is our leadership on the pitch – Colo is elsewhere. We need a strong defensive midfield with a gob on him and with the respect of the team. The club needs an overhaul from top to bottom and a tea lady to tell them how useless they all are ! Passion – I doubt the players can spell it let alone feel it. Dead team walking.

• 18 manxpie // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:24 PM

rotonda how long will it take you to realise our squad is shit
    how long will it take you to realise we haven’t got attacking options or strength in depth in any way

we played well and good football when we had our proper 1st team out and fit
    you know the time when you werent on!

so please tell me how you can blame 1 man for this!!?

• 19 yo-yo // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Rotonda

You miss my point. The Saints’ Brits are playing very hard for an international spot in the World Cup. They are really fired up.

Our guys are nowhere near that level of competition or desire. It is also highly debatable whether our forwards are really anything more than occasional fringe players on the international stage – including Cisse.

On the gutless displays yes we are seeing far too many of them and although I do not entirely share your view of Pardew he certainly has a major weakness in being unable to get the players up for a game and shows litttle ability in being able to stop the rot of a series of poor performances.

• 20 Big Pappa Cissé // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Pardew needs to go ASAP .

If I here we need to “Fretten” the goal one more time I will punch the bloke in hi smarmy face .

The guy likes to think he plays on the front foot ? . Biggest load o shite I have heard in a long time, the guy is a charlatan & a bum . He wouldn’t know attacking football If he watched the Liverpool 13/14 DVD on repeat the fcuking Muppet .

SO FCUKING PI55ED RIGHT NOW .

• 21 Himanshu Dhingra // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:28 PM

deafening silence here

• 22 ramboreilly // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:29 PM

palace were at home today,we were awful at home against them,although they have to be one of the most negative teams ive seen.Even worse than us,almost. 10 points from last 10 games is relegation form,pardews got more lives than a cat.Our standards are so low.Top 10 means avoiding relegation,thats all.

• 23 BuckLuck // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Big Pappa Cissé @20

Spot on. I agree 100%.

• 24 toon kk // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Well people will keep turning up in their thousands to watch us get thumped time after time, them that do shouldn’t complain they must be happy enough. MA is.

• 25 Patoon // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Am i the only 1 that sees how shite Ben Arfa is, if he comes up against a decent full back he gives the ball away every time then doesn’t even try 2 win it back, Yanga Mbiwa is never gonna work as a right back, and i also that Cisse’s confidence is beginning 2 grow but if the team isn’t creating chances for him how the f can he score, Pardew is a terrible manager and needs 2 go this summer

• 26 tabuk toon army // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Rotunda don’t you ever get sick of talking shite. I’ve been on this site for ages now and have seldom commented but I do know supporters like you the Toon can do without I’ve never seen a positive word you have written and you stand out amongst a crowd of the most negative football supporters I’ve ever had the misfortune to come across. The reason I follow The Toon is cause the camaraderie and atmosphere at Newcastle is second to none and yes our management is not of the highest calibre I will give you that however people should remember that without Ashley and co the Toon could be like Portsmouth think how bad their supporters have got it. I was gutted at the display today but come on the Toon lets be having them Mancs next week

• 27 ochytoon // Mar 29, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Just got back from the match and thought I’d share my opinion. For those who don’t know me, I’ve been present on the blog for a number of years (hardly post anymore), live near Southampton and came home from uni this weekend to attend the match.

First of all, let me start by saying what a gutless performance from the team today. The majority of the team looked lethargic and looked like they didn’t want to be there. I don’t expect a world class performance every week but I do expect a certain level of commitment and fight from the players.

Elliot: One of the few players to actually play with any passion today. The result could quite easily have been 7 or 8 if he hadn’t pulled out a number of quality saves. Our MotM for me (not that there are many players too choose from).

Yanga-Mbiwa: When will Pardew learn that he is not a right back. Really struggled today, offering little defensively and offensively. Rightly brought off at halftime.

Williamson: Bog standard performance from him. Made a couple of decent interceptions/tackles but he’s just not top half quality.

Coloccini: An absolute liability for us today. Constantly out of position; Rarely in line with the rest of the defense, playing Lambert onside to set up the first goal I believe. Didn’t have the pace to cover for his mistakes either. He looks like he doesn’t want to be here anymore, evident to me when he and Tiote had a little spat early in the first half.

Haidara: I am at a loss as to why we don’t play him more often. He’s our best choice at left back right now and was the stand out player in our defence. Actually offered us an attacking threat down the left hand side today.

Tiote: Didn’t play great but I’ve seen him have worse games.

Sissoko: He’s a very dynamic player, making threatening runs whenever he got the ball and we’ve seen him split defences with his passing before. Of course, all that goes out the window when there’s no one for him to pass to. Never the less, he did ok.

Anita: I honestly think he’s one of the best midfielders we have. I didn’t see him misplace a pass today and he was instrumental in the few moments we managed to get forwards.

Gouffran: Disappointing performance from the lad. He’s played poorly over the last couple months and I think he should be dropped for Sammy Ameobi once he returns from injury. Looked very lazy today, always walking/jogging.

Ben Arfa: Did he even play today? Completely anonymous. If he wants to be in the starting 11 then he needs to prove it. Very, very disappointed in the frenchman.

Cisse: The less said the better. I’m ashamed that he’s our number nine. Rarely in a attacking good position, meaning the build up play passed him by. Sissoko actually had more chances than him today. The few times Cisse was involved, his touch was awful and he looked as if he’d never played football in his life. Atrocious performance and we need shot of him.

De Jong: Poor. Gave him the benefit of the doubt in the first few games but now its painstakingly obvious why Borussia are so desperate to move him on. Another Dutch striking flop.

Dummet: I don’t rate him. Only had a cameo today but he’s been caught out defensively in previous games and his set pieces are very poor. Seems to be riding off that goal he scored a few weeks ago.

Santon: Same old Santon. Offers little going forward and often is exposed defensively. Didn’t impress me at all.

So there’s my thoughts on the players today. Southampton were absolutely brilliant today, all credit to them, but we looked like an amateur team and that is no where near good enough. This summer is so important for us. If Ashley screws it up, which I believe he will, I think we could very well be in another relegation battle next season. We’ve been carried by Remy, and Cabaye prior to his departure, all season and look lost without both of them.

• 28 Harley // Mar 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM

We need 3 new strikers in the summer, to replace Remy, de Jong and cisse. Armstrong can replace shola.

We need a winger like cabella and a replacement for Cabaye. I’d even settle for hunt on a free.

The defence needs a new centre back and replacement for colo if he’s away.

If we don’t spend 40-50 million we’ve had it. With Cabaye and all of the players going out we should recoup that amount of cash anyway resulting in a net spend of zero.

I can’t buy in to the fact that pardew is to blame. He is a good managr being constantly undermined. Constantly picking up the pieces of Ashley’s grenades.

It’s totally possible to challenge the top 4 with a net spend of 10-20 million. Ashley needs to sort it out in the summer!!

• 29 Sav // Mar 29, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Can’t keep papering over the cracks with ‘freebies’. We need to find and buy top players, not offer our coaching staff and the encumbent players whatever dross happens to be available for nowt. If that means paying a little extra to persuade them to join a failing team who are nowhere near European competition, so be it.

previous post: Who Was Newcastle’s Best Player In Southampton Battering?

next post: Newcastle’s Terrible Form Since Boxing Day