Newcastle Interested In Top International Striker

After the pathetic display on Saturday it’s a little hard to find something positive to report about Newcastle, but we suppose if we can have a really good transfer season this summer, things will look a lot better – and if we can beat Manchester United on Saturday, that will be a relief and something for Newcastle fans to celebrate, and if that happens we’ll have done the double over the Red Devils – even though this is the worst side they have had in over 20 years.

seydou doumbia

Seydou Doumbia – 68 goals in 98 appearances for CSKA Moscow

On the transfer front there is news today that Newcastle and Everton are after 26 year-old Ivorian striker Seydou Doumbia, and we first linked with this player over four years ago when recently arrived Cheick Tiote recommended the player.

According to Russian newspaper Izvestia, Everton and Newcastle are two of the Premier League sides after the 26 year-old striker, who has played 20 times for the Ivory Coast with two goals.

Newcastle could need as many as three strikers brought in this summer, with Loic Remy and Shola Ameobi definitely leaving the club this summer, and Luuk de Jong unlikely to be able to make his loan move into a permanent one – unless he starts scoring some goals for Newcastle in the final six games of the season.

The Ivorian striker is valued at close to £18M, and if Newcastle are successful in getting this player into the club it could be Newcastle’s biggest ever signing – beating the £17M we paid for Michael Owen by about £1M.

Romelu Lukaku is likely to join a Champions league club in the summer, and even though both Everton and Newcastle would love to sign the Belgium International there seems little chance of either club being successful in singing the Chelsea striker.

Doumbia signed on at CSKA Moscow from BSC Young Boys in Switzerland back in January of 2010, but only moved from the Swiss club in the summer of that year.

And in 98 games for the Moscow side he has scored 68 goals, and this season he has 15 goals in just 16 appearances for CSKA Moscow.

In December of 2011 Doumbia was voted the Russian Premier League Player of the Year, after scoring 24 goals in 30 league games during the calendar year, in addition to five Champions League goals in as many games – so he scored 29 goals in 35 total games during that year. 😀

Seydou has also played for Kashiwa Reysol and Tokushima Vortis in Japan and in his career he has 219 total appearances with 133 goals, and while he doesn’t
come cheap he would be a very good acquisition for Newcastle – if we can get him on Tyneside.

Maybe Newcastle should have taken Cheick Tiote’s advice over four years ago….

Note: People in the Retail Sector needed – Andrew Todd is a final year student at De Montfort University, and he’s working on his dissertation. His questionnaire is only for people in the UK Retail Sector, and takes only a few minutes to complete – and he’s short of completed questionnaires so see if you can help – here it is.

• Ciaran

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Write up an article on how we’re interested in Messi, Ronaldo or Zlatan Ibrahimovic while you’re at it Ed. Seriously man.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Would be unreal if it was true but I highly doubt it .

• TorqToon

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Good player. Won’t happen. Unfortunately way beyond both or fee and wage structure.

• TurkishFan101

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:00 PM

This is how it works, has no one seen the relationship and pattern click?

When we lose, Mike Ashley pays the journalists to come up with spiff transfer rumours about how we are interested in X, Y and |Z.

They really think fans will fall for this anymore???

And the fact how Chronicle have made a post sticking with Pardew and blaming Ben Arfa for the loss and the recent losses.

Bunch of puppets with no class.

• sirjasontoon

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Total Drivel.

• aidytoon9

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:02 PM

We need to forget about who we are or ain’t after and stop going to games as I think he will sell if people don’t line his pockets.

• AaranD

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Regardless this be true of false it would be a pointless buy on his own anyway. We buy him, he does well, gets sold. That price of £18 million for one player is unrealistic for this club, especially as various other areas of the team need strengthening as well.

• TurkishFan101

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM

This is why the club will never go forward, most of the 50,000 fans are not on blogs and forums.

Looking at this, fans still want to renew for the sake of their own pleasure and to go to matches to witness same old crap.

What is the point lads? the change will never happen.

• Ancientcoptic

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:08 PM

We are unlikely to be able to compete for Gomis, who is a free agent in the summer… put that into perspective with another striker in the 18 million bracket.

• validator

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:09 PM

More rubbish!

• TurkishFan101

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Some posts on their

“I’ll be renewing again next season but it may well be the last if things don’t improve.

I probably know it won’t so it’s just blind faith as the reason i’m going again.”

“Yes i’ve renewed – Got my renewal letter through today notice on it that they have extended the 10yr price freeze for another 3 year on top of the current deal so that takes it up to 2023/24 if I’m still around then that is!!!”

“Not an ST holder but I’ve decided I will renew my membership for next season, I’ve thought about it and I’m only a young fan, 23 and been going to games since Hughton was manager, I wouldn’t want to give up and walk away. I support Newcastle through my Dad who’s from the area and I like coming up regularly and going to games”

They argue and get angry but still go and buy season tickets, merchandise and attend games? and people think why we are a “wee” club. We settle for this kind of ambition and dishonest ownership.

We are going nowhere apart from downwards.

• validator

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:13 PM

We need to bring in new players in the summer!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Well maybe I have always thought facetious was use to describe something nonessential (never thought that was meant in a positive may?)

…but hi, I am not English 😉

• giimps

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Ashley will only sell when hes good and ready.
    If we go to games, he wins as he gets publicity, if the stadium is empty, he wins as he gets publicity.
    there is no answer to this other than waiting for it to happen, or if he grows tired of making money (like thats going to happen).
    We have more chance of him being struck by lightning than him selling because we want him to.
    Pardew will not be sacked as he is doing exactly what the owner wants,
    The only way we get rid of either of them other than by an act of god , is due to ill health for them both………..HWTL

• beermonkey

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:17 PM

afternoon peeps

I was gonna right a whole blogs worth of complaints opinions and other such thing but realised its all been said written debated and such
    its actually getting as repetitive as pardews excuses

so I will just say good afternoon

as for this player more chance of me sh1tting in the queens handbag than him coming to us,

• Ciaran

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Jesper

I don’t see what was disrespectful about the way I engaged with you. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

• WWSBRD

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:21 PM

18 mill? What’s he done to earn that price tag?

Also linked with us and Everton? One tightfisted and the other skint, his agent is a prince clearly

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Ruddy…you seem to disregard (from my point of view) with ease my actions or stand point on the matter, even though it does not mean you cannot take the next step in trying to remove Mike Ashley.

I have set a goal that is relevant and rewarding to me personally and that is to have Pardew removed one way or another.

I think that will make a huge difference and it would be a SMART start. Will I know what will happen after that? Of course not, non of you do.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:25 PM

*us

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:28 PM

….I would have preferred he had walked back in Feb. He would have come out on top and the pressure would have been on Mike!

But apparently Pardew is spineless and don’t care how this reflects on him and those around him!

• Ciaran

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Jesper

Yes, I can disregard the need for getting rid of Pardew as I see it as irrelevant. I am focused on the much wider problem. Whether you feel disrespected or not is not really my problem, though it is not my intention.

I do feel those who focus on Pardew are missing the bigger picture entirely. I have never once said that Pardew is not A problem, but my contention is that he is not THE problem.

I disregard the issue because it offers a distraction from the biggest problem our club faces.

• Laurent Robert 32

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:40 PM

It needs a group led push to turn up then leave on a specific minute, or not turn turn up at all. It must be organised and publicised well though. One or two not going doesn’t look like anything has really happened.

At least when our other dire managers have been here they have been sacked/walked after a period of time and we’ve tried to move on. This brainless puppet is overstaying his welcome and he is used to struggle so that’s his norm, and he continues to be here.

Ashley holds the cards, so it is his fault, but in the meantime we have to watch Pardew’s pathetic attempt at coaching a football directive to players.

I read a good quote the other day which was not football related but applies to Pardew.

‘You fear what you do not understand’ I think it was.

Pardew does not understand how to attack, therefor he instructs containment and is hopeful that the natural ability of one of the players can nick us a goal.

That is an awful basis of how to manage a football team.

• napoleon

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Shocking performance, massive clearance needed!

• MelbToon

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:25 AM

How can anyone expect a second-rate defender in his time to manage a group of players to play attacking football? Pardew isn’t wired to attack, he doesn’t have a clue. He is in the same mould as Allardyce and we all know how that went down.

We will always play rubbish while Pardew is in charge. Relying on one midfielder in Cabaye to create all of our chances is pathetic. It is a team of 11 players, not 1. Using Cabaye’s departure to justify the team playing rubbish is ridiculous. We have other attacking players that can fill the void but they aren’t given the chance / Pardew has no faith in their ability. What exactly is his job description? He is supposed to get the best out of his resources but its obvious he hasn’t done that for the majority of the time he has managed Newcastle.

Atleast another defensive manager in Pulis can pick up clean sheets. Pardew can’t even manage that against a team in Southampton that aren’t that better than us on paper. Shipping 4 goals to them when we were set up to defend is disgusting. The same happened the other year when they beat us 3-0.