Newcastle Announce German Tournament For The Summer

Newcastle United have just announced that the club will compete in the inaugural Schalke 04 Cup in the summer, which will take place in Germany in early August.

Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen

The beautiful Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen

Newcastle will join Malaga CF and host club Schalke 04 in the tournament, and there will be one more club announced for the four club tournament, which will take place on the weekend of August 2nd in the fantastic Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen, which has a capacity of over 61,000, a retractable roof and a retractable pitch.

Each club will play two games, and the club with the most points will win the tournament – that sounds fairly straightforward.

There will be 3 points awarded to the winner in 90 minutes, and there must be a result, so in the case of a draw after 90 minutes, it will go to a penalties, and in that case the winner will get only 2 points.

alan pardew before 4-0 loss at Sanits

Alan Pardew – great opportunity

The Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said this about the tournament:

“This is a fantastic opportunity to play in such an excellent tournament as the Schalke 04 Cup.”  “We will be facing top-quality opposition and hopefully it will form part of a successful pre-season for us ahead of the 2014-15 season.”

“I am very pleased it has been organised and announced early for the sake of our fans.”  “This will give them the opportunity to travel in great numbers – as they always do – to enjoy a fabulous city and the football that will accompany it.”

As the tournament gets closer there will be more details announced about the tournament.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:45 PM

So the Germans are going to give us a good whacking in the summer then. Something to look forward to. New excuses from Alan or the same old same old? Harrumph.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Ciaran

Yes. Your post 8 was idiotic because you take the stance of criticising the club regardless of what they do. If they hadn’t announced the pre-season programme then it wouldn’t be long before you would come out and say the club was a joke because yet again it was leaving planning pre-season until the last minute while other clubs have already planned theirs.

You’re a WUM, simple as that.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Ruddy…it is not as fun on here as it use to be – not just because of the football sadly 🙁

…and it does seem to get the best of us at times!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:54 PM

GT…yeah! we are finished! Fertig! Verfallen! Verlumpt! Verblunget! Verkackt!

• Ciaran

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Mark

Once more resorting to childish insults. In order to be a WUM, I’d have to have wound a significant amount of people up with my comment – the comment that you alone took exception to. So is it a case that you label people as WUM’s when their sole ‘crime’ is saying something that you, and you alone have taken exception to.

Because in that instance that shows a remarkably low level of tolerance for differing opinions on your behalf.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM

jesper

It’s true…you did!

And maybe you’ll be eating your words if he scores in the next game! 🙂

• Ciaran

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Jesper

I do think the football is one of the reasons that a lot of people have stopped posting, or no longer post as frequently, or don’t have the same positive energy that they one had when posting on the blog.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM

mushy

Now that’s what I like to see! The mackems are in serious danger of getting relegated and have lost their games in hand that meant they looked favourites to climb out of the relegation zone. Yet more people on here slag our club off!

The truth is that Sunderland are definitely a big enough club to be in the PL, so it’s funny when they keep getting it wrong…

• Ciaran

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Once more, simply speculating that he is simply travelling to Paris because it is his day off – may well be the case – but positing it as a fact is misleading. Mister Tuff called him out on it when he tried to assert that the reason JFK left his post was because he didn’t get market value for Cabaye, to which he later had to admit that he was speculating around.

Now, now Mark. Don’t be throwing opinions around as facts again you little rascal.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:01 PM

A rubbish WUM then…a WWUM (Wannabe Wind Up Merchant)

• Ciaran

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Really Mark? You can’t leap from ‘I respect your opinion even though I disagree with what you say’ to ‘you’re a wannabe wind up merchant’ in a few short minutes, just makes you look disingenuous.

So which one is it?

• Average_Contents

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Jesper,

I understand what your getting at and accept your reasoning in that cashley is not to blame for the poor excuse of football we currently try to play but to not supply or replace players when sold is undermining the manager, that said I agree since he’s been here we have had no style to our play, coupled with playing favourites, playing players out of postion and p!ss poor substitutions has resulted in our p!ss poor performances.

He is a below average league manager with no clue as to what constitutes tactics and I want him gone but it just isn’t going to happen whilst cashley owns this club as he’s had ample opportunity to do so and never took up the option has he!

We seem to be stuck with both for the foreseeable future and when I think about it, it makes me be a little bit sick in my mouth 😉

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Ruddy…not just because of the football sadly 😉 but definitely a reason (and a big one of course)!

The attitude on here has been one of the main reasons why I don’t post as much any more (a small handful of people can spoil everything for everyone else)

TDS…I’ll gladly eat alot of words mate if it meant I would get some decent football soon 😉

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:05 PM

You see Ciaran, this is why you’re an idiot. Because you twist words to try to prove your point and the only people who fall for them are naive or idiots themselves.

I haven’t stated facts on JFK or Sissoko yet “If anyone was in any doubt whether or not the powers that be consider our season to be over or not, there is your answer…” seems like a moronic fact from the one and only angry midget Ciaran…

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:07 PM

jesper

I think you might have to wait until next season mate. Sadly with no Cabaye there’s nobody to pull the strings in midfield. Pardew can come up with ways to mix things up a little for a game or two without him but we’re just far too predictable at the moment and opposing managers know exactly what to do against us. I don’t believe that Pardew’s strengths lie in creative tactics shall we say…

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Average_Contents…I most admit I am also starting to loose faith in Mike will sack Pardew anytime soon since lately he has had plenty of opportunities!

…I do wonder what it will take though? and if that is an option (problem always is we never know what we going to get…and it has to be worth it)

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM

TDS…that is probably an understatement 😉 lol

• Ciaran

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Mark

Angry midget? Does this insult have its basis in sound logic too? I wasn’t twisting your words, I was using your words to form a deeper understanding of what your position is – given that in 5 minutes you had come to two polar extremes about my opinions it seemed fitting to seek some clarity.

“I think football has changed a lot though. A few decades ago, the player would be told to take a couple of days off to clear his head and he’d go and paint his fence…these days they fly off to Paris with their model girlfriend and the news finds its way onto social media…

I don’t think you can really tell a modern player that he’s not allowed to travel on his day off…”

Your above statement seems to indicate a certainty that Sissoko has travelled to Paris solely because he has a day off, and no other reason when there is no way you could be in a position to state that as fact – it is your opinion.

Do keep up Mark.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:16 PM

jesper

Sad really…I think Pardew is excellent as a man manager and he certainly seems to be a useful stooge who will toe the party line (quite the opposite of Keegan!) but he has weaknesses and I don’t think we’ve got people at the club to compensate for those.

I’ve said it before that I wouldn’t have been sad to see him go last summer but he’s done the job he was supposed to do this season (top 10). I don’t think he’ll be sacked this summer unless he loses the dressing room or an exceptional manager shows interest, but I’d like to see a much higher target set next season and the players provided to reach it.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:18 PM

People criticise mikey for lack of investment, but the club pays a fortune in wages. I don’t know how much the makems pay, but truly I say to you the makems are awful. They have few, if indeed any, quality players. Their only decent players are ki, johnson and borini and I think two of them are on loan. Our lads may be playing crap under pardew but there’s no denying we have far more quality.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Ciaran

A “certainty”? You are a petty little man…

And yes, angry does have a sound basis in logic as your posts are full of pent up rage that could be released if you had a girlfriend or took up boxing for example. And I just have this feeling that you’re rather short…not a fact as I’m not 100% but just based on experience of people with small man syndrome.

• Average_Contents

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Jesper

My point exactly mate

I want him gone too but it’s just not going to happen because of fatty’s infatuation with his loyal lap dog….. So if fatty goes and somebody who understands football actually took over I believe bullsh!tter would be gone in a heartbeat

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Nice to see some actual planning rather than botching a pre season together at the last minute for once

Let’s hope the same kind of planning is going into the summer transfer business

I hope we actually have a list of several targets for each position rather than are usual strategy of unbelievably long drawn out pandering and under bidding for one player making us look desperate unprepared and unprofessional

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:23 PM

TADS

Ciaran doesn’t agree. He thinks planning our pre-season now proves that we’ve given up and the season is over…

Some people like to think that every cloud has a silver lining…and then there are the miserable whingers…

• Ciaran

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Mark

Once more, it is your opinion that I am a petty little man, not a certainty, but the manner in which you make your opinions does go some way in explaining how much stock and credence you give to your own views.

I’m quite a calm, level-headed person actually, so I am neither angry, nor a midget, being 5 ft 11 in height which is over the UK average height of 5 ft 9 so your insult would seem to lack the requisite basis in fact but you’re no stranger to that are you Mark?

• Average_Contents

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Well it was nice talking or typing to rational people for once, but alas I’m off to find myself a “girlfriend” so I can “box” her erm……..box off 😉

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Average_Contents…take care mate 😉

• Ciaran

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Anyway, some of us have work to get back to so I will bid you all a fond farewell.

Even you Mark, you little scamp.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Take care Ruddy mate 😉

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:29 PM

TDS’ s post indicates a “possibility” not a “certainty”. Dear oh dear , Ciaran, give it up.

• Ciaran

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM

“Ciaran

A “certainty”? You are a petty little man…”

Yes, possibility indeed Blacklie, no wonder you failed as a barrister.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Having real problems with this site again so can only pop in from time to time. Jesper mate don’t worry. We have Ruprecht SmallBerries coming in as DoF this summer to sort the club out. Mike has given his word that he will spend as little as possible. I feel we can trust him on that. Harrumph!

• Rotonda heights

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:34 PM

TeDiouS

So Pardew is an excellent man manager. Really?? I think Mssrs Tevez, Mascherano, Routledge, MYM and a host of others may just disagree with you a tad there.

Judging by some performances this season, I would say man management and motivation were way down on any list of possible attributes.

I think like Pardew head butting that guy and you calling people idiots you aren’t exactly the most intellectually resourceful of people, but if pomposity was a virtue you’d bore for England bonny lad.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:36 PM

“Certainty?” With a question mark Ciaran. What do you suppose that question mark indicates?

• GeordieTwo

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Who can doubt we are owned by a nitwit? Who else would have hired Joe Kinnear as DoF? Joe and Dekka are having great success with the Wee Winkies nudist club however. They now have one member. I saw him in the background of a picture at the club. He was wearing matching black and white beret, tassels, and a sports thong. It looked a lot like Ibiza? 😯 Are you allowed to wear a sports thong at a nudist club Ibiza mate?

• lesh

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Jesper….

‘finished! Fertig! Verfallen! Verlumpt! Verblunget! Verkackt…’

:D:)

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Rotonda

Where are your facts on that lot? Tevez and Mascherano were a weird duo and that never looked right from the start. Routledge and MYM? Well it’s no surprise if a player isn’t happy when not playing but I haven’t seen any serious damnations of Pardew from either of them. A host of others? Please list them. It wouldn’t be too hard to come up with a few names of players who really rate Pardew either.

We’re in 9th place when many fans had us down to struggle this season…yet we’re about where we should be. Yet some fans are still all doom and gloom.

As I pointed out before, our average total in a PL season is 55 points. We’re currently on 46 and many previous seasons were without the powerhouses of mega-rich Chelski and City. So we’re pretty much on course for an average season…which doesn’t seem to be good enough for some fans…

• toon kk

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Tds
    I know it’s a bit of a tuff one but where do you see our club in 5 years time under MA ?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM

GT…yeah! we are finished! Fertig! Verfallen! Verlumpt! Verblunget! Verkackt! 😉

…what’s your problem with the site mate?

• lesh