The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Move For Top Toulouse Defender

1:52 pm, Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 248 Comments

Newcastle have today been linked with Toulouse defender Serge Aurier, who is only 21 and plays at right back, and maybe we are interested in this player in case top defender Mathieu Debuchy moves on in the summer to a club playing in the Champions League – like PSG for example.

Serge Aurier

Serge Aurier – 21 year-old Toulouse right back

Serge Aurier joined Toulouse from Lens in 2012, and this season he has made 31 appearances for the club, scored 5 goals and has 7 assists – and that’s not too bad for a full-back.

And at Lens he made his debt a month after turning 16 in January of 2009, in a Coupe de la Ligue match against Lorient, and finally played 55 times for the French club.

Aurier made his league debut for Toulouse in January of 2012 in a 1-0 win over Caen, and has since played 73 times for Toulouse with 7 goals and 12 assists – so here’s a defender who can actually score goals – that’s something our Newcastle strikers have trouble doing this year.

But Serge is also a top player in France at just 21, and he already has 7 full caps for the Ivory Coast. making his debut in June of last year against Gambia.

The report is in The Sun, and that Arsenal and Aston Villa are also interested, and that makes sense for Arsenal who will need to replace Bacary Sagna, who becomes a free agent in the summer and could join Manchester City.

If Arsenal are really interested in the right back, that would be really tough competition for Newcastle, but if the report is true that Newcastle are interested, then at least we are being linked with some very decent players so far.

What do you think?

248 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Ed’s in speculation overdrive – I think I’ll bow out for today.

• 2 Ian Toon // Apr 2, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Yippee!

• 3 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Another one for the list of possible signings that fail to materialise. It’s a new manager we need to bring the football tactics into the 21st century.

• 4 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Scatter all of the has beens like Coloccini Williamson Shola Benny Marveuax Obertan Amilfatano Gosling Anita Vuckic Cisse Saylor Raylor Santon Elliott all terrible along with old Pardew and the backroom staff.

• 5 Average_Contents // Apr 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I keep getting visions of TDS with arms aloft, waving a spreadsheet around like a lunatic whilst berating his offspring for asking why it’s not a trophy that he’s delighted about! that’s if he’s actually managed to mate with the opposite sex before boring them into submission or quite possibly death.

Sorry I had to share it so others can enjoy it too ;)

• 6 Average_Contents // Apr 2, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Did I say enjoy? Deary me, I obviously meant so I didn’t have to suffer alone :)

• 7 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 2:47 PM

@5 spot on!

• 8 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM

It’s a sign of how useless Pardew really is, when with games still to play Newcastle United have thrown the towel in for this season.

• 9 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Pardew will treat him the same way as Haidarra and Biggi!

• 10 The next Mike Williamson // Apr 2, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I hope Tavernier gets a run at right-back. He’d be better than playing left sided centre backs there.

• 11 martoon // Apr 2, 2014 at 3:38 PM

TDSarf might be a little extreme in his views but at least he tries to be positive – this doesn’t make him a NUFC stooge as some of you seem to think. Undoubtedly we are having a poor end to the season arguably because of the sale of Cabaye and the Remy & Debuchy injuries. However overall we have had an average season with some great away results and some bl**dy awful ones too. If we finish 9th I would consider that reasonable progress from 16th. Yes I want us to push on next season with some new signings so why all the doom & gloom?

• 12 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Let’s hope that a decent manager gets a chance at running the team and plodder gets the boot.

• 13 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM

9th is awful compared to 5th though but!

• 14 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 3:46 PM

You purchase a season ticket only to find Plodder Pardew has ended the season in March, as far as competitive games are concerned.

• 15 geordie157 // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Aurier is good plays right back or centre back. Seen him twice for Toulouse and was impressed.

Hope we bring in some English talent in the summer ie caulker, lascelles, cousins, ince, etc

• 16 wool22 // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Hi Im doing my dissertation at Northumbria on Football Clubs relationship with fans could i ask if you take 2 minutes to fill in this survey.

• 17 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Martoon
    I think the worst thing that has got the majority of fans p…ed off, including myself is our latter form, it’s not acceptable for any premier league team, we’re playing some of the worst football I’ve ever seen. When we play its a matter of what well get beat by.
    Personally i think we fall to pieces when Remy is missing.
    People in general would be happier with mid table if we weren’t so sh.t at the moment.

• 18 mindshaft // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Just goes to show how poor the prem league actually is that we are still 9th – our return from our last 14 games is pathetic

Played…..Home….Away………..GF….GA….Pts
    14…………..7…………7……………9……24…..13

We’ve managed losses to Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea and Southampton which were pretty much expected but to lose to WBA, Fulham, Sunderland and at home to Everton whilst only gaining a point at Norwich is hardly the stuff of dreams – I guess we should be glad we managed to beat the mighty Crystal Palace, Hull, WHU and Villa in that period

Not sure how people are expected not to whinge after spending around hard earned cash watching that drivel – you pay money to be entertained and at least have hope

• 19 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Most of the intelligent fans have formed the opinion that the club is being run for profit rather than entertainment.

• 20 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:44 PM

No way can I keep up with all of those posts and reply properly to them. Every time I replied I got a reply back and someone else jumped into the mix…would prefer to talk about it down the pub anyway…

• 21 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM

martoon

I don’t think I have offered any extreme views to be honest. Surely the extreme views are being offered by those who are calling Ashley and Pardew all sorts of names. I haven’t seen anyone on here suggest that Pardew is a tactical genius or Ashley is the saviour of our club. Those are ridiculous extreme views. My views are actually just very realistic and balanced!

I’m not saying I’m 100% right in all matters, but I’m a damn sight closer to the right answers than some of these posts on here.

• 22 BandB // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Saxonfenken,

It is amazing that you repeatedly disappear for months on end and then pop up to post views very similar to those of Ian Toon just moments before Ian Toon himself makes one of his rare appearances.
    Spooky, I’d call it.

• 23 mindshaft // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Right, we’re all off down the pub then – sorry to the bairns who are too young to get in

• 24 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:48 PM

mag

You mean like virtually every single business and virtually every single football club. You’re dead right. Welcome to the modern world.

It’s not pretty or romantic but it is the real world. If you want to follow a club like NUFC used to be a few decades ago then you’ll have to follow a non-league team.

• 25 BandB // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:48 PM

TDS,

Are you having fun?

• 26 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Average_Contents

It’s people like you who keep quoting things like how much we’ve spent on transfers, the SD sponsorship and how our commercial revenue has gone down. Perhaps you should refrain from commenting on things you know very little about and stick to the football?

You might know more about me about what makes a good left back but I don’t think you know more than me about business.

• 27 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:51 PM

more THAN me

• 28 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:53 PM

BandB

Not sure…I’d prefer to be in the pub…

I guess I’m just fighting a losing battle to have a more positive attitude around my club. That is the attitude that drew me to supporting this club in the first place. At least the passion is still there, other fans would have drifted away when we got relegated but we were still getting high attendances. But it feels like some of the fans are saying they hate supporting NUFC but they keep being involved because they have nothing better to do or that’s just what their mates are doing…

• 29 Thump // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I heard we were definitely interested in a footballer with at least one pair of feet and the ability to kick a ball in the general direction of a fellow player.

Heard it here first folks.

• 30 BarnoldswickMag // Apr 2, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Thump

Haha

• 31 BarnoldswickMag // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I really hope we land lacazette, he looks a great prospect, and of course, he is French. Perfect.

• 32 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:02 PM

mindshaft

I swear…next time I’m up in Newcastle I will have to suggest meeting a few people from this blog for a pint just to find out if they say the same things in real life as they do on here. Much better to talk about things over a pint than a keyboard…

• 33 BandB // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:02 PM

TDS,

I know.
    It sometimes seems to me too that you are fighting a one man campaign to get people to love the club as much as you do.
    You must be worn out.
    I’ve found there is only a certain amount new that can be said about the club at the moment.
    Which is why I think the arguments have grown stale and repetitive, and characterized by bad-temper leading to gratuitous insults.
    If I had the choice, it would be the pub.

• 34 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Tds
    I think on the whole people just crave the keegan days back, unfortunately they went along time ago. Kenny .D saw to that.

now MA runs the club as a business, I’m sure he set off with good intentions but things went pear shaped and we were relegated now it’s a matter of plod along.

• 35 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:09 PM

BandB

There are others who feel the same as I do. But I think perhaps they have less stamina when they are shouted down by a few loudmouths!

It’s the same thing about this club for me. I don’t get how so called fans are coming on here every day to slag off the owner, manager, coaches, players, pretty much anyone associated with the club just because they’re angry that we’re not getting the results they want.

• 36 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:09 PM

@23 how do Southampton manage to entertain and stay solvent at the same time you dunce? Its because they have a manager that knows what he’s doing Doh!

• 37 mindshaft // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM

@TDS – yup, let me know when as I have to make my way up from Londinium – now just where are these streets paved wi gold like

• 38 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:12 PM

toon kk

I think that’s fair. I’m not quite sure that we’re plodding along really though. I think we’re consolidating and the plan is to establish our club as a top 8/10 PL club before we can seriously think about attracting more investors and also higher quality players. We could offer first team football to a top 20 year old striker who might just join a top PL team on the verge of Europe over a CL team and sit on the bench. I think that’s where we should be next.

KK days are long gone as you say…as are the SBR days unless Mourinho promised SBR that he’d take over NUFC at some point in his career! Our two golden eras of the last few decades have been with massive investment (relatively speaking) and then one of the best managers in the world. Neither of which we should expect again any time soon…

• 39 Average_Contents // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Tds

Before you accuse people of talking rubbish you might want to actually read posts correctly!

I have never once posted how much we have spent on transfers just the lack of, nor have I claimed to be a business genius quite the contrary in fact I believe I said as much in an earlier post! Again read them correctly before jumping to conclusions and stating it as if I did! Is it not so that commercial revenue has dropped? In that case is it a fact? I do believe it is unless my math skill is somewhat below average and as far as your superior business skills go, how up yourself do you have to be to state that lol sad little man crack on and believe what you want if that makes you happy which it Clearly does
    does

I’d go as far to say that you are as bad if not worse than fatty and pardspew for believing the bullshit that they spin

If you don’t like my posts why read them you halfwit deadbeat

• 40 andrew84 // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:14 PM

TDS

A valid point regarding the wifebeating (if a little bit contrived, no offence). Can you not also apply the same logic the other way round – the fans who pay through the nose year after year after year, only to be kept in the dark by the owner regarding the direction of the club, fed b*llsh*t on a regular basis from Pardew (similar to a husband saying to his wife that he’ll be home in time for dinner while he’s actually busy fondling his secretary), or have to put up with infuriating decisions, such as having JFK for a DOF and refusing to participate in the cups.

Just a thought. But maybe that’s just me being a miserable whinger ;)

• 41 Mister Tuff // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:14 PM

I don’t know if any of you watched that programme about Man City which was on the tv last night. Very impressive what they are doing. I suppose they are investing in their dubious sponsorship monies into various schemes and joint projects. I get the feeling City are going to be the “top dogs” of football for many years.
    Whilst we cannot compete with their dodgy finances -it was pleasant to see their projects and old hands from City’s previous teams being involved. Just cannot imagine anything like that at SJP.
    One comment from Mike Summerbee summed it up for me -a statement which one or two of the Blind Faith Brigade never seem to comment upon or probably just don’t get it -it was “We are in the entertainment business”.
    This season I think they probably have entertained their supporters and others. A stark contrast with what is happening at the Toon.

• 42 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:15 PM

mag

I suggest you read recent articles…firstly they are in a lot of debt. The new Director that has taken over refers to it as a “difficult financial situation”. Secondly, they have had a wonderful opportunity to blood promising youth players in lower leagues who are still performing for them. That’s partly skill in bringing them through and partly luck that the best players didn’t get serious injuries or go off the rails. The manager does not deserve the most credit there, it’s the whole infrastructure of the club.

And even considering all of that, clubs have done what they did before and then got relegated. They took a gamble and it paid off.

• 43 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:15 PM

@37 you seem to print a lot of waffle!

• 44 mindshaft // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:15 PM

mag – Southampton are solvent due to a generous owner who wrote off a load of debt and saved the club from administration, they still have substantial debt and made a loss of just under 8 million last year
    They are entertaining as you say although only 2 points above the toon

• 45 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:16 PM

mindshaft

Well, I’m in nearby Surrey so Londonium is a lot more common as a pub venue for me! Maybe the next London away game we should arrange for a few of us to meet up.

• 46 BandB // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:16 PM

TDS,

As you know, I don’t really see things in the same way you do.
    But I wouldn’t want a block button for you. You are nothing if not entertaining.
    The problem with loudmouths is sometimes they haven’t the foggiest idea who they are.
    Don’t let them get to you.

• 47 mindshaft // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:17 PM

And sadly, if by some miracle Mourinho offered to take over as manager Ashley would reject it due to his wage demands along with him wanting to sign some decent playes

• 48 hibbit // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:17 PM

TDS is that the next time your up here on sports direct business you must be one of ashleys men oh and by the way it will never be your club or your bosses club it

• 49 lesh // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:18 PM

TDS…. With you pal. It must be something in the deep-south air or sle that makes us sew things from a much more detached perspective.

Chin up bonny lad, your views do have more support than some posters think.

Oh and

Ciaran….

Instead of criticising Ed and his blogs, however well intentioned, perhaps you might consider your reaction if a blog-site owner were to publicly critcise yours.

Perhaps a little professional courtesy might be appropriate?

• 50 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Average_Contents

Yawn…

Commercial revenue has dropped…yes…that’s partially because we have outsourced certain tasks so costs relating to commercial revenue have also dropped…plus, sponsorship deals signed 10 years ago were agreed when we were on the verge of the CL places, yet 5 years later we were nowhere near that so values are going to be a lot less. Sponsors want to sponsor the top PL clubs and in the last 10 years Man City have bought their way to overtake us Spurs and Everton have continued to progress slowly.

• 51 mindshaft // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM

@TDS – good shout – Arsenal on the 28th

Drinking on a school night… woohoo

• 52 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Let’s see how those 2points multiply.

• 53 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:22 PM

andrew84

Refusing to participate in the cups is a ridiculous myth. Firstly, it was announced that we would focus on the league over the cups, just like 19 other PL clubs also stated. Then the miserable whingers interpreted that as Ashley not wanting to win a cup. Bull****.

Communication is the main issue for me. And if a wife feels that their husband isn’t talking to them properly and isn’t discussing their feelings or future plans, then I’d suggest they either leave or preferably they focus on that problem rather than whinging that their husband hangs around with someone they don’t like or complaining that he doesn’t buy her enough jewellery.

• 54 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM

BandB

I wouldn’t have a block button for you either. There are those who disagree with me but do so with the respect I think I deserve and there are those idiots who twist my words to suit their own bitter agenda. I don’t have a problem with someone disagreeing with me and I’m open to having my views changed, just wish I could block certain people so I didn’t bother engaging with them in the first place…

Perhaps I should just make a mental list and then ignore those people…problem is I sometimes forget who the idiots are…maybe I shall write them down…

• 55 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Pardew doesn’t have the right attitude to win anything significant. The man is a national joke.

• 56 andrew84 // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:26 PM

TDS

I was at the SBR charity evening last year, and Pardew himself declared that he wanted the club to ‘really go for one of the cups, for the fans’.

Fast forward less than a year and the ‘Club Spokesman’ himself said that the cups were not a priority. I neither agree nor disagree entirely with your views but I can certainly understand why some of our fans are irritated at the mixed messages coming from certain individuals at the club. A lot of fans graft all week and pay to watch something that can at least be classed as football, not the tripe that we’ve been served up on too many occasions this year.

• 57 Online Guy // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM

TDS

The bids are in for the sale of the leasehold , Strawberry place, leasehold has 109 years to run .. Nexus own the free hold , Nexus are hopping mad because Ashley has failed to inform them that he is effectively selling the land for development, (and a fast Buck imho) and that Nexus have a Metro station sitting on said land, and Ashley kept them in the Dark about the leasehold sale , so there is a stink about that, that, wont be going away any time soon.

The bidding was set to start at £5 million, there has been at least 10 bids for the Land …Bids were said to be now closed , and all bids are under consideration….
    With a twist…..

After speaking with the Agent Handling the sale He told me that any late bids would be presented to Mike Ashley and they would have to consider them .

.He invited me and a possible consortium, I mentioned, to present him with a bid and any proposal for said land,
    and that he would be obliged to present it to
    Mike Ashley.

I posted all info on here and Informed our Resident NUST members.

Remember that Nexus own the freehold, Ashley owns the leasehold , and rents it from Nexus ..Ashley rents it back to the council right now @ £82 thousand per year.

Makes me wonder why Ashley wants rid of the land.
    Is he selling all our assets of then selling up ?

He make’s lots of cash from it every year why sell it if he’s here for the long run ?

Here’s a link TDS .

Think on this ..Ashley has no good reason to sell that land …He makes a fortune off it each year.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Any consortium coming in right now would gain
    £82 thousand per year ..and then have the option of selling it back to new owners, if they promised ground development on the site,
    thus any mortgage on it that say NUST, took out would be paid for yearly for free ! and they would get all the money back from new owners, thus preserving the land for future ground development. ..Nust as a Trust can’t loose .

As to date the new owner of the land has not been finalised bids are still welcome as the agent is obliged to inform Ashley.

Info on any Buyer can be had from the agent when it happens, and also from Durham land registry

• 58 Average_Contents // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Tds

You have the cheek to criticise my posts as yawn yet you dribble on, on a daily basis

So the commercial revenue is down then? Thought so! So does that make it a fact? Again you rebuff facts with fiction

Sad individual

Anyway I’m off for today as your incessant ramblings in defence of fatty are getting a little tiresome and I have a life

Goodbye for now bloggers :)

• 59 AndyNUFC // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:30 PM

If ever anybody at all in the future suspects naively, TDS of having a shred of intelligence, or being able to rationally argue an opinion, I will always point them to this post of his:

“I don’t doubt that some of these miserable whingers love the club at least as much as I do, but then how do you define that? A man can love his wife and yet cheat on her or beat him up…for me, that’s not the right way to show your love to your wife but I bet he still feels that he loves his wife every bit as much as I love my girlfriend.”

TDS logic: You love your club but complain about aspects of how it’s run? You’re a wife beater.

• 60 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:30 PM

lesh

Cheers and well said on Ciaran. If his blog actually had a decent number of hits then I don’t think he’d need to come on here…

You know I did a survey last summer and the average number of points predicted was 50. And that’s including a crazy prediction of 96 points! We could still get 50.

• 61 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM

andrew84

Like I say, every single club has stated that they need to focus on the league. Yet the miserable whingers focus on the honest comments from our club and make out that it’s something disgraceful.

Pardew put out decent teams in the cups and only rested a few players. Every single club in the PL rotates their squad for the cups! Every single one! I think we easily had a good enough squad out to beat Cardiff for example.

• 62 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Online Guy

Interesting, thanks.

Not shocking or disgraceful as some have made out.

If he does sell then as far as I know the money goes to NUFC. MA would need to take the money out of the club as dividends or wages or loan repayment to get at it.

Let’s hope the club keeps its options open regarding stadium expansion…

• 63 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM

What will be the excuse next season when we are battling relegation under dozy Pardew.

• 64 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Hopefully Coloccini and the rest of the dead wood are gone in the summer.

• 65 Toon Tang // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM

When they say ‘Newcastle move for top defender’ do they mean they’ve actually just moved closer to the screen to view the youtube footage or what?

These ‘linked with’ stories drag like an oap hookers sump

• 66 Online Guy // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:53 PM

A statement should be issued by the club as re the land sale ..they need to tell us if it will veto future ground expansion

But as usual they dont tell the supporters, who are, the club, ..nothing.

TDS ..there is a lot wrong with this land sale . Sinister .

We are looked on with contempt by Ashley .

I hope Sir John Hall is one of the bidder’s for the land..

• 67 hibbit // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:54 PM

TDS ashleys pr man

• 68 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Selling the land wouldn’t stop the stadium expanding, but pardews tactics might.

• 69 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Online Guy

The club should issue a statement as and when a decision is reached. At the moment there is nothing to announce. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ashley was just getting bids on the ground to assess the true value of that asset…

• 70 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Not that communication is exactly the club’s strong suit under the current ownership…

• 71 Tsunki // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Just recalled that many moons ago when all was good and fair in the world and we were rocketing up the charts, I posed doubt about our lack of cover for Debuchy, and reliance on Santon. Fast forward to today, and our comically disunited back line gas helped to leech what remained of team spirit and application from the rest of the crew. Well, I told you so. Pardew the mad scientist or Neanderthal of Pl football, has managed in my view to chew up and spit out Haidara and Mbiwa in favour of his Santon/Dummet/Williamson formula and has knacked two good players in favour of what he deems are workhorses with a knack for grinding out the averages. Meanwhile he continued to jimmy the midfield into all sorts of shapes, complaining to the public about his players instead of getting a boot up their backsides in private, and the resultant lack of cohesion means our forwards are stranded without a paddle.

What a mess. But, never mind, I can come on the blog and read about land being fiendishly sold or the infamous ‘loangate’ or the endless gain saying of the usual suspects as they knock points off each other.

It’s a relief to see something has changed, though- – jeff, who became mag is now guvnor. Refreshing indeed.

• 72 Online Guy // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:05 PM

TDS

do you know anything about the following ?

Ashley’s loan to the club is mooted to be £129 million

He Takes the advertising each year around the stadium, supposedly worth £10+ million per annum

Something should come off the Imaginary loan .?

• 73 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Lesh…do you get these redirect to app store pop-ups on your Win 8 phone?

…I have been hit by them them the last few days on here only :(

• 74 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:06 PM

@70 and who are you apart from an irritant?

• 75 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Nufc ruled under MA has more of a chance of being relegated as it has getting back into Europe. We’re so unpredictable, we’ve been relegated once upto 5th almost relegated last season, mid table this.
    I wouldn’t like to say what’s going to happen next season it will all depend on the up coming transfer window. Trouble is Mash will only spend what he’s happy with, unfortunately for him better player’s cost more and they’re out of his valuation so we rely on average and that’s what we will always be average relying on luck.

• 76 daztoon // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:07 PM

hibbit
    Nah TDS is just a bell-end who knows Fcuk all about the Toon.

• 77 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:10 PM

@70 old paranoia playing up that’ll be the waccy!

• 78 Marty-Toon // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I really hope we get shocked by Ashley in the summer by his backing of whoever the manager is,it will be a shock if he doesn’t as the team with all those contracts finishing will be depleted beyond bad and it’ll be a shock if he does as he hasn’t really done so much of that in the last two windows.
    Not really looking forward to it to be honest,as we do the good old I’ll give ya a fiver for ten pounds worth,answer back = nope.
    Ok so here’s seven = nope!we don’t wanna do business with you anymore and were gonna sell to someone that’ll pay the going rate.
    Our answer to that is,get some unknown lads in that’ve played Sunday league in their countries ;-)

• 79 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Online Guy

I don’t believe the advertising is worth £10M+ a year for starters.

But yeah, the recent comments from Ashley’s cronies have been that since he doesn’t charge interest on the loan, he feels he can do what he likes with a percentage of the advertising space and since the offers for the space wouldn’t add up to as much as the interest that he could charge, then he doesn’t rent the space out.

The inference being that if he did rent out the space for more than the interest, then he’d start to charge interest.

Whereas FFS just charged interest regardless…

• 80 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Tsunki

A debate on our full back situation and who can create chances with Cabaye gone would be a welcome relief on this blog! I long for those posters who watch every minute of every game and even go to reserve and youth matches…those are the people I really want to hear from on this blog as they can teach me something about my club that I didn’t know! How about those people who have coaching qualifications who can make observations on what they’d change or tell us that Pardew is actually doing the right thing?

Instead we just get whinging about advertising, commercial revenue, interest, loans….blah…boooooring….

• 81 Mister Tuff // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM

TDS @68 … you posted “It wouldn’t surprise me if Ashley was just getting bids on the ground to assess the true value of that asset…”
    Are you being serious! On what evidence do you basis this assumption. I would have thought the obvious conclusion to someone putting whatever up for sale was that they wanted to sell it. How you suggest he is only testing the market -well that’s imagination taken too far.
    Next you’ll be suggesting that Mr “El Gourdo” Tubbs will be building a church on the land and holding services dressed as Mother Theresa.

• 82 Tsunki // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Guvnor, mag, Jeff, Billy, bob, ted and all those alter- egos you have dragged through the doors of puberty with limited success – you actually call me an irritant? Irony not found a home in there yet I see. I can’t believe you still get a thrill from coming on this blog and doing what you do.

Anyway, in the interests of gaining common ground, as a fellow mag, what do you think of Man. Utd, then? Classless poor relative of the much better City side who are finally finding their rightful place on mediocrity under a hapless manager dealt a blow by that old swine SAF. Would you agree?

• 83 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:27 PM

@81 get on you child!

• 84 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Mister Tuff

So you criticise me for this yet you’ll let speculation slide that Pardew owes Ashley money from gambling gone wrong or that Remy and Debuchy are being held back to milk the compensation from the French FA.

If you want to assess the value of something, the best bet is to put it up for sale…let’s say that MA is considering selling NUFC, then the best way to assess the value of this land is to get it valued separately by seeing what people offer for it.

Ashley is all about assets so whether he’s putting NUFC up for sale or not, he wants to know what it’s worth. Just as he wanted to know what the stadium advertising was worth too.

• 85 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Tsunki

Now you mention that…there are a lot fewer tosspots on here than I thought…it turns out that about 6 of them are the same person!

• 86 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Skunk who are all those names your pals at the puzzle factory? Ha ha!

• 87 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:32 PM

I would love to know what goes on in training compared to other clubs.
    Also our fitness levels seem lower or is it we lack pace and we rely on Obertan?

• 88 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Everyone was raving about the new fitness woman at our place and injuries certainly seemed to be less in the first half of the season.

I’d say the current situation is more to do with Cabaye having left and the club having very little to fight for. It’s very tough motivating the players to finish 8th rather than 9th. They should do it of course, but you just know that players will put in that extra few % when they have something bigger to fight for.

• 89 Mister Tuff // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:36 PM

TDS @83 – I do not understand how you link your first paragraph to me.
    Ref :- valuation of land etc – I would have thought by employing a Chartered Surveyor would have been the most appropriate means.

• 90 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:39 PM

@ToonDownSarf

People would just be lying to you if they said to you Pardew was doing the right thing!! He is a terrible manager I always wonder what we would be like if we had a better manager with this squad !He plays so many players out of position in every game it beggars belief :

Mbiwa is not a full back he is a centre back!The last time he played there he was solid and we pumped Hull with him keeping Long in his back pocket all day long but he gets dropped for Colo and then put to right back its no wonder he looks disinterested

Gouffran is a striker and should not be played on the wing when guys like Cisse, Shola and De Jong are playing poorly and offering no goals he should be given a go

Arfa is not a no 10 or a right winger he is a LEFT WINGER and should be played there the majority of his assists and chances created are with his left foot and when he drifts to the left he should be creating chances from that side rather than going for glory and is too predictable cutting in on the right side

Sissoko in France was probably best as a central midfielder and thats because it was a slower pace in the premier league he is tailor made for the right wing role because he has pace , power and work rate he does not have the control or vision to play in the centre and its been proven as he looks lost in the middle but does well on the wing

Pretty sure I came up with a similar list this time last year with all the players played out of position and it would seem not much has changed

The last time we looked good was Hull away which involved a few players in their proper positions as well as keeping the ball on the deck

• 91 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:40 PM

@87 Southampton and Everton don’t seem to suffer from that lack of motivation.

• 92 Sinner // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:41 PM

What Tevez said on Pardew:

“I was surprised to see how long Pardew held on to the job in the end. In Argentina or Brazil he would have been out long ago. It was clear the team did not react as he wanted it wasn’t going right.I was never given the chances I thought I would be given and I was told to play out of position against my will. I had to sacrifice myself for the team which I don’t think helped. I was playing in ways I did not understand well and I lost a lot from my own game. It didn’t fit where he put me, but I wanted to help. The fans have been fantastic towards me and I thank them. Now I want to repay them. I want to win with this team and a lot of people have told me great things about the new coach, so I want to start scoring for him and start helping West Ham win matches.”

To me, this sounds exactly what’s happening to Ben Arfa. We need to get rid of this sack of sh*t that is Pardew!

• 93 Mister Tuff // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:42 PM

TDS you posted “Just as he wanted to know what the stadium advertising was worth too.”
    Ah I must have missed this somehow and would love to check t out myself. Could you either explain how Mr “El Gourdo” Tubbs wanted to know what the advertising was worth or direct me to the origins of the story please.

• 94 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM

All the clued up fans know Pardew is useless the Numpty defending him is on a wind up!

• 95 terencelim // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:46 PM

@ ToonDarnSarf, based on your post I can confidently assume that you’re extremely stupid.

Go visit a doctor.

• 96 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Mister Tuff

I was just speculating as to what a businessman might do. A chartered surveyor can only estimate the value. The true value is unknown as it depends on the number of potential bidders who have plans for that region beyond the knowledge of anyone else. It ends up being an auction.

As for the stadium advertising, again…when he changed the name to (I can’t even say it), he was able to assess what other companies were willing to pay for it.

Companies do this kind of thing all the time. Just as a homeowner may get their place evaluated from time to time or a person might interview for other jobs to see what their market value is.

• 97 terencelim // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I wish to remind everyone that ToonDarnSarf is the dumb ass who keep licking Ashley ass for years and he’s now frustrated for proven wrong but not bother to give an apology.

• 98 guvnor // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:49 PM

TDS and Skunki clowns drinking from the same cup.

• 99 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:51 PM

santonthenewmaldini

And you got all of your coaching qualifications to prove this right? Earlier in the season people were crying out for MYM to be played at LB, then they tried Dummett and Haidara and neither of them were exceptional so they’re putting MYM there who should be solid.

SBR played Milner on the opposite wing and I think N’Zogbia at left back too. SAF played Carrick and Keane at centre back, Rooney as a winger and others.

You’re another one looking at anything that wasn’t done completely well and using it for proof that everything is terrible.

On that basis, I will consider your relatively poor use of grammar and consider that you are an illiterate fool who couldn’t hold down a job if his life depended on it. santonthenewmaldini OUT!

• 100 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Sinner

Aaah. you mean Tevez, the same piece of cr*p who showed SAF so much disrespect? What a surprise when a player who isn’t being played has a go at his manager…especially when it’s someone like Tevez!

• 101 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:52 PM

TDS
    We didn’t have much fight last season and we were in a relegation battle, just think the players need a kick up the ars sometimes.

• 102 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:54 PM

toon kk

Totally agree. I don’t think we’ve got the players to do that sadly and I don’t think Pardew is a big enough personality compared to KK and SBR to do it to that level. I think he’s very good at managing difficult players but he’s not excellent at taking players to the next level when needed.

I reckon if we’d have kept Cabaye then there was just cause to say let’s keep pushing to get top 6 and/or finish about Man Utd. but that boat has sailed…

• 103 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:54 PM

TDS why don’t you get your coaching manual out and join Pardew up at Benton as his tactics are as limited as your logic.

• 104 Sinner // Apr 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM

ToonDarnSarf

He might be a c**t but you can’t deny how good of a footballer he is and how he was wasted at West Ham under Pardew!Bloke is clueless!

• 105 Sinner // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:01 PM

ToonDarnSarf

Tevez might be a c**t but without a doubt a quality footballer. He was totally wasted at West Ham under Pardew. Bloke is clueless!

• 106 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Pardew has been sacked from every team he’s meddled at, now he’s on the verge of being peddled from Newcastle United.

• 107 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Tds
    your certainly getting some stick on here tonight,
    Thing is there’s truth on both sides of different issues

• 108 beermonkey // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:08 PM

tds

I take your point lots of players play out of position but for us this is the norm and in a team low in confidence and not playing well its a recipe for disaster,
    even more so when the its there first full season in a league that is a lot more demanding and intense than the one they came from it takes a season at least for some players to adjust to the prem

• 109 mag // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Pardew doesn’t seem capable of learning from his past he carries on making the same mistakes. His rush of blood at Hull City point to the fact he’s thick.

• 110 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Toon KK

Of course there is! There are several things to be frustrated with MA for and several things we have every right to be concerned about moving forward. I’d contradict anyone saying that MA is running the club really well and Pardew is a top manager too…

• 111 Ancientcoptic // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I am surprised PSG are not playing Cabaye, he has experience of playing/beating Chelsea with us.

Schurrle looks like a very good player. I think Chelsea will win this game. It is going to be different for PSG playing against a gritty English defence.

• 112 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I don’t think Pards is on the verge of getting sacked, Mash doesn’t know enough to understand the mistakes he’s making.
    He was handed a eight year deal to supposedly add security to the club.
    He’s a perfect yes man which is perfect for MA.

Be careful what you wish for if Pards went MA wouldn’t pick a manager the fans would.

• 113 welshgeordie9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Good evening mag how are you this evening

• 114 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Beermonkey

Not that normal I’d say. But Pardew had to make calls when there are injuries. We have no back up right back with Raylor injured and Tav out on loan. Santon injured too, so should Pardew play an inexperienced left back at right back instead?

Ben Arfa doesn’t know his best position and Goofy was bought as a forward, not a striker.

• 115 beermonkey // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:44 PM

tds

could have played saylor there
    he has played there a lot over the years and scored from that position as well

• 116 AaranD // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Well, thought I’d check on how Cabaye is doing at PSG tonight but seems he ain’t playing… again.

• 117 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM

beermonkey

Yeah, I thought about Saylor and I bet Pardew considered him too. I assume he was fit but I can’t say that I’d pick Saylor over MYM for right back necessarily. I bet he tried them both out in training. One problem with MYM is he’s not consistent enough.

• 118 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM

TDS
    You ask to be treated with the respect “you think you deserve” yet when anyone counters a point, regardless of how, you lace your reply with mockery and insults

You say you don’t want to talk about finances but drone on and in about them

You say you want to talk football with people who watch the games, so people start talking football and you insult them because they don’t have coaching badges! Yeah, like you do ffs, remember your opinions are just that, not facts

A lot of people tried talking football earlier but you seem to glaze over certain points and look for the ones you perceive as easier to pick apart……

• 119 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:49 PM

GOOOOAAAAALLLL PSG!!!!
    3 minutes in!

• 120 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Only a couple of weeks ago you were shooting down the opinion of not having enough cover for Debuchy!!!

• 121 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:51 PM

TADS

That’s complete garbage. Plenty of people disagree with me and I engage with them properly but there are idiots on here who twist my words and argue against me on points I didn’t made and others who spin conspiracy theories as facts to try to prove their side of the argument…

• 122 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Ancient
    Given the form of Verratti Matuidi and Motta, it’s no surprise tbh

• 123 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:56 PM

TeDiouS

Now, now, your contradicting your own point. To pick and choose who you’re naughty to and who you’re nice to just makes you seem petty.

Come join the majority of us at the grown ups table when you’re ready Mark.

• 124 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 2, 2014 at 7:59 PM

@Toon Down Sarf

Don’t need coaching badges to see those points !! If the average punter on the street with no coaching badges can perfectly see what is wrong with the set up of the team why cant Pardew ??? Those points were pretty obvious as are these ones:

Why are our set pieces the EXACT SAME EVERY GAME no matter who we play the plan is float it to Willo to knock it down

Why do we let our goal keeper take most of the free kicks in our own half? His distribution is terrible and again we have not

Why in 3 years have we not figured out how to play against teams who press us high up the pitch? Near enough every game against these type of teams we have been beaten very easily (only one recently was the 4-2 win against Southampton last season where we played a fast ball behind the full back to catch them out but we have never done it any other game despite having the personnel available)

Why when things go wrong such as losing the midfield battle does Pardew bring on Shola to hold the ball up? Its hardly ever worked would it not be better to bring a player on in midfield to try and win the battle?

Static 442 why do we play that against teams who play 5 in the middle?

Also on the subject of grammar I believe you have made quite a few little spelling mistakes in posts before and really if that is all you have got then you really need to get a life , although seeing as you are on the blog all the time its highly unlikely you have one !! Also “Darn Sarf” is it not “Down South”?Think you need to go back to school lol

For your information I am employed as a Web Developer so programme websites for a living but I am guessing that you must work as a Lawyer or a politician(doubtful) seeing as you think you can guess someone’s social or employment status from a blog post ?

Also using SAF and SBR examples of experimentation and playing players out of position is not really valid because in a lot of those games they would most likely still have won the game and if it did not work out they would never keep trying it in the hope it works out !!

With your posts ignoring everything that is wrong with our club and coaching staff I must ask:

ARE YOU ALAN PARDEW IN DISGUISE???

• 125 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I wonder what our players think of there own performances? If they think they gave their best its time to give the kids ago.

• 126 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:00 PM

TDS
    Not garbage at all, try reading back over your own posts sometime
    You accuse the majority of whinging all the time (then do the same) throwing insults (then either do the same or instigate)
    You asked for a football discussion, someone tried to respectfully engage you, you call him an illiterate idiot who can’t hold down a job

You must see the irony by now

• 127 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM

And you do plenty of your twisting on here as well, so if going to constantly criticise and preach at least make sure your not also doing it ffs

• 128 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:05 PM

@toonarmydownsouth

When someone finally asks for a football discussion I give them one then all I get for the trouble is a bit of abuse for nothing !! ???

Darn Sarf you are a WANKER !!! GOOD NIGHT

• 129 hibbit // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM

TDS full of ashes bull numbers over football sd crap comes out of his mouth must be on the pay roll

• 130 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM

@Darn Sarf

You are a W.A.N.K.E.R

GOOD NIGHT !!

• 131 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM

You just got schooled son.

• 132 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:07 PM

I’d love to see the masses who apparently agree with Mr Harding come on here and demonstrate their support for him. He seems so confident they’re there so I’d like to engage with a few of them.

• 133 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM

MA has got the fans arguing among them selves. Probably our squad is doing the same including pardwho.

• 134 Mister Tuff // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM

TDS @95 – We’ll see what the truth of the matter is in due course. I will bow to your superior knowledge of business when in the coming months we learn that the land is not for sale after all and that is was just an exercise to establish it’s worth.
    You also posted “As for the stadium advertising, again…when he changed the name to (I can’t even say it), he was able to assess what other companies were willing to pay for it”. What was the result of this assessment you state Ashley conducted – you’ve stated categorically he has conducted this assessment. I would be obliged if you can give me more information about this -or put it another way -justify your statement.

Lastly – there is (for the most part) an agreed etiquette on the blog not to make comment about a persons grammatical skills. You do not know what a persons own personal circumstances are -may be medical and all form of other reasons. A lot who post on here their views -maybe they are exotic -they may be idiots for the views they hold but they are not idiots because of their grammatical shortcomings.

• 135 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Can’t make my mind up which game to watch, keep flicking between the two and missing the bloody goals!

• 136 Mister Tuff // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:24 PM

santon -no way is TDS a lawyer. I’ve been involved with matters legal my whole life -TDS is no lawyer.

• 137 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:24 PM

@Mister Tuff

It was actually a petty attempt at a comeback after he got some answers about the team that he did not like in other words he got SCHOOLED

Using a mobile to put on blog posts can sometimes mean that you miss out on apostrophes and the odd their instead of there !!

If he can’t see the problems the team has at the moment he is either blind, dumb , does not watch any of our games or does not have a clue about football

• 138 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM

“That was a game where we had no process to win the game” says Alan. Who is responsible for setting up the team to play then? Is it not the manager Alan? You can say the players didn’t play well, which they didn’t, but to say there was no process to win the game puts the blame on you Mr. Pardew.

• 139 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I’ll bet ManU are very worried about having to play us after a tough Champions League game. We can play Obertan and show them what a good buy he was! :lol:

• 140 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Ciaran
    Sorry meant to reply much earlier but work got busy then when i got home i had dad duties to do!
    Would be very interested to contact Lee Marshall in regards to the infrastructure of the club in terms of football development and if he’d be willing to approve the questions for the supporters trust to put to the club and anyone else I could contact to put forward what are surely reasonable questions as to the direction the squad progression is taking and what steps are being taken to cement a philosophy and identity for the club from the academy to the first team

Surely for on field success there needs to be a solid spine running through the club, which at the moment with no MD or DoF/Technical Director or however else they want to label it, we just don’t seem to have

• 141 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:44 PM

How de G2
    Obertan will be the new backbone of our squad, man u will be quaking in their boots, its his pace so so fast.

• 142 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Aye toonkk that’s what I’m talking about mate. If they need a pizza in the dressing room at half time he can run and get one! And we have other secret weapons up our sleeves. We have no goal Shola to throw at them. And if we need somebody clattered in the back of the heed we can send out Saylor. They don’t stand a chance.

• 143 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM

G2
    Obertan can’t even put in a performance when he’s using himself on Fifa after editing to max his stats out!

• 144 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I wonder if cabs has made the right move to psg?
    Yes of course they are a big club/rich but he was first choice for us.

• 145 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Aidy
    I’m sure he’ll be a starter next season, he’s come in mid season when they were flying, made a decent amount of sub appearances, sure he’ll get more game time domestically now the league is sewn up

• 146 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:53 PM

That Matuidi lad really is a cracking player
    Gutted we never “got him over the line”

• 147 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Tads
    He probably will get more game time next season but I just think with the World Cup coming up also that may do his international chances no good.

• 148 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Tads
    What line? Lol

• 149 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM

aidy
    Oh aye from his own personal standpoint he was a complete numptey moving in Jan!

• 150 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Shame to not see cabaye get a go, he will struggle to get in I think with both matuidi and veratti younger than him and improving every year.

But then again for a frenchman is it better to be a good squad player at PSG, win titles, play champions league and live in the beautiful city of paris getting paid a small fortune or slog your guts out in newcastle…..fair play to him.

• 151 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM

G2
    I bet man u wouldn’t have turned up if Pards had been aloud on the touch like, those head butts can hurt, hope Obertan doesn’t start throwing his heed about!!! Could be some nasty injuries.

• 152 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Obertan is one of the players Pardew is counting on most next season. Pace to burn down the wing. And Benny will either explode from eating too many sausage rolls or move on for a bigger wage. Remy? He’s going to waste his time at some Champs League club or other. Jonas is going to apply for his pension and put his feet up. Shola? Why he’s still in his prime. He’s got another 5 years with us at least. We’re looking good Alan. Relax with Ashley and do nothing in the summer. Beautiful.

• 153 Tsunki // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Mag/Guvnor/jeff or whoever you are you’re pretty sharp replying to me with an insult but you have never responded when I put this kind of question to you as @81 -

Come on, you must have a view on that? What about how awful their fans are and what a wreck of a place their awful ground is housed in? What about the shallow individuas thier so-called heroes are, like Rooney what a shambles of a man, eh? Come on, you can do it.

• 154 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM

If i was pardew the 3 things I would ask for would be pace, pace, pace.

I’d want 2 pacey wingers/wide men and a pacey forward…..it’s so important in todays game and all top teams have them.

Not only are they a danger themselves running in but also force teams back and allow a lot of space for the midfield 3 to operate in.

• 155 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:02 PM

I’m excited by the thought of Alan’s new 5-5 formation on Saturday. He loves, positive, attacking football. Remember lads, hoof it whenever necessary. Shola will chase it down. Yes I fear for ManU if Obie decides to let loose with a few head butts toon kk mate. These are dangerous times playing Newcastle.

• 156 Tsunki // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Sage, I think OUR wingers are a danger to themselves…oh…wait… thats not what you said… :)

• 157 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Sage
    True but Thiago Motta is getting on a bit now so i definately think there’s a place up for grabs for him
    Unless he was initially bought in to replace Matuidi who wasn’t looking like he would sign a new contract at the time

• 158 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Transfer
    We have a pacey winger=Orbertan

• 159 beermonkey // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:05 PM

tads

can u keep us posted on your contact with Lee Marshall

• 160 Tsunki // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:07 PM

G2, I fear opposition teams may soon cotton on to our fiendish tactic of meandering about midfield unproductively then deliberately misplacing a vital pass, thus allowing them the false sense of security of surging forwards in attack, leaving themselves vulnerable to our counter-offensive. When that happens, I fear we will see us suffer from a string of sound thrashings by even the lowliest of teams. ;)

• 161 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Beermonkey
    Yes mate, although I’m sure T-hat he D-abble-S on here

• 162 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Does anybody fancy a few weeks on the yacht this summer with Mike and Alan? A lot of planning (drinking) will be done. A lot of strategy (more drinking) will be discussed. Charnley and Carr will come on board for lunch (and some more drinking). By the end of the summer we will be fully rebuilt for the coming season. No really mates. Trust Mike and Alan. Have they ever failed us?

• 163 jimmysmith // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Good grief, did someone mention Wayne Rooney. Imagine what he’ll do to poor Mbiwa, who is doubtless rocking back and forth and muttering darkly at the prospect. Don’t pick him Pards. Honestly, show some humanity.

• 164 AndyNUFC // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Tsunki don’t even bother with that sub-human scum.

I wasted days picking apart his points like a rabbid attack dog on a legless pet cat with a steak tied to it’s neck.

Ed confirmed to methat his accounts are the same IP adress, so he’s either a fully grown man with a personality disorder… or a wasteful youth dwelling in a corner on his mam’s laptop.

• 165 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:11 PM

That’s so cunning and devious Tsunki mate @156 that it must be the truth! Beautiful tactics Alan. Hats off to you. And it worked so well against Everton and Southampton.

• 166 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Transfer
    we’ve lacked pace for years, its over looked for some reason. Well apart from speedy Obertan who is handy for rushing for a pizza like G2 said. Oh and one loan signing remy.

• 167 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM

tads

yeh he possibly could, but seems like he is currently 4h choice for 3 positions, even if motta goes/phases out theres a good chance they will buy somebody like pogba so might well drop back to 4th…..but hopefully he gets more game time.

aidy

Well i’ve yet to see obertan use his pace, very very rarely even runs at or past people and when he does he often forgets the ball.

In all seriousness though i’d be asking for the stats on the quickest wingers in europe and trying to get the best two possible.

look at the best teams:
    -bayern: robery and robin
    -madrid: bale, ronaldo, di maria
    -barca: pedro, sanchez, messi, neymar (all play wide/forward at times with pace)
    -chelsea: hazard and willian

just so important to stretch play now, always makes opposition worry about over committing too, teams know we have little pace so bomb their fullbacks on as they won’t often get caught out

• 168 Tsunki // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Andy – I am sure he’s a Manure troll. He probably has a bet with his mates how long he can go without being sussed. I’ve asked him about how much his team are scum loads of times but its the one subject he won’t respond to. :)

• 169 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM

toon kk

yeh i know, a great player for that was sidney sam who moved to leverkusen in january for less than 5mil, would have been ideal.

There are tons of these players around with genuine pace, we need to really get some in.

• 170 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM

As many has said on here Remy will be a massive miss and if not replaced we will be in bother.
    He runs with grace/glides across the turf.
    Very much like Henry did.

• 171 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Mister Tuff

As you know, I only speculated on the land sale, just as everyone else is. I don’t know Ashley’s plans any more than you do I’m afraid. I’m not going to assume some kind of altruistic motive and others should not assume he’s trying to destroy this club’s future.

The result of the stadium advertising experiment was that no big sponsor approached the club with a big enough offer to justify renaming it but as we know this was included in the Wonga deal, presumably to try and sweeten the nasty taste in the mouth for fans having such a tacky shirt sponsor…

As for the etiquette…I really don’t need correction on this and I did not call anyone names for this. If you read that post properly you will see that I was pointing out that I could no more judge him as illiterate and jobless because of a few minor grammatical mistakes than he could make the assumptions he was making.

• 172 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Does anyone like how in this game with PSG and often in Spain and Gernany, the stadium announcer will say the sub’s first name and the whole crowd shout the second name? I think the atmosphere in european countries is so much better than prem league.

The bayern fans in the pre game stuff last night were singing solidly about an hour before kick off.

• 173 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:17 PM

That is a frightening thought jimmysmith@159. That’s why we should put Saylor out there to give him a good battering. Then some Shola. Then Obertan with the pizza at half time. They’ll be all sleepy and sluggish in the second half and we can send De Jong in there to destroy them with his fiendish shot.

• 174 Tsunki // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:18 PM

G2 @158 the thought of those drunk middle aged geysers rolling around on a yacht in their speedos and Mike lying on a sun lounger in a pair of cheesecutters being oiled by Pards…well… oh go on then, I’ll buy a ticket! :D

• 175 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Cabs gets 15 minutes due to injury

Mind you it’s 15 minutes winning a CL quarter final as opposed to 90 minutes of being lubed up and violated at St.Marys for the battle for mid table!

• 176 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:19 PM

TDS

Surely though no matter what we get for the land (from the estimates I have read not a fraction of what the club will make from tv deals/cabaye sale) it seems a shame to lose it, even if there is no plan to develop the ground under ashley.

ultimately it could be included in the value when/if he sells the club and in the grand scheme of things neither the club or ashley need that money to make profits.

• 177 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Some of you lot are really over inflated with your sense of importance to think Ashley would send an employee on here to argue with you.

I’m just a fan who is sad to see the negativity around the club when we’re doing ok.

• 178 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:21 PM

TADS

not that I think you are an ashley employee at all, but you said yourself, we don’t know him so for all we know he might want to do that haha

• 179 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Quick keep backtracking you’ve nearly convinced yourself!!!!

• 180 welshgeordie9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:22 PM

160AndyNUFC // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Tsunki don’t even bother with that sub-human scum.

Who are you talking about

• 181 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Sage
    Have you ever seen this mate

• 182 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM

That’s a very nasty picture you paint @170 Tsunki mate! Absolutely accurate but horrible at the same time! Alan in black and white tassels serving the drinks, Charnley singing and dancing and Carr rolling his eyes and getting sea sick. Mike laughing with glee and clapping his pudgy little hands.

• 183 AndyNUFC // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Welsh talking about gaymag / gayluvnor

• 184 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:27 PM

TeDiouS

Shall I remind you of your speculation when the construction workers come on to the site to build student accommodation that will ensure SJP is never expanded in the future?

• 185 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:28 PM

tads

i’s brilliant, so well done in Europe. Would love that at newcastle, really gets the crowd going, as well as bringing back a singing section to get the crowd going too….ideally one either end to keep the chants strong around the ground.

also have you seen this? just a chant spurs were singing at liverpool this weekend.

the guys has uploaded a few, all quite funny.

• 186 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM

It’s not a sense of importance, it’s banter

Once again the irony in your posts is off the scale!

• 187 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:30 PM

ciaran

Would there be no way whatsoever to build it up in the future? possibly new technology nd building styles to allow more u with less outward support maybe.

For me we don’t really need to expand that much anyway, not that I want the land sold.

Hopefully when safe standing comes in that whole stand could be converted to standing and get and extra 5/10,000 in anyway.

• 188 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Sage

I was talking to someone with civil engineering experience, and apparently due to the way Gallowgate has been constructed, it cannot hold more weight than it currently already does. The foundations would need to be replaced, and that is the case even if safe standing were to be introduced for the Gallowgate end so that is a pretty affirmative no.

• 189 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Tds
    we are mid table which imo is great for the average squad we have but we’re not doing ok really are we in other ways? No investment in the squad, selling our best player and not replacing and our current form is diabolical. Also a manager who should have been sacked.

• 190 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Sage
    Agree, The stadium has been like a library since MA broke up the singing sections
    Another great move by him……

Would love to see SJP rocking again, knowing our luck though we’d get JFK appointed as the announcer

• 191 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:34 PM

3-1 PSG Chelsea have been hammered!

• 192 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:34 PM

What a goal by Pastore!!!

• 193 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:34 PM

ciaran

Ah right I see. Daft question….could it not be demolished and rebuild with more modern/sturdy foundations (although maybe a season with less capacity it would be good in the long term for us).

Not saying that we should make things more difficult for ourselves, just if the club decide to do that wondering what possibilities other than buying the land back at a much higher price.

• 194 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Really miss the standing section.
    Great memories of getting squashed in the gallowgate, the atmosphere was electric.

• 195 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM

No chance Cech will keep his place next season from that courtois lad

• 196 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM

tads

It’s not an English thing so can’t see it happening, but would love it.

Would really love the giant puppet thing dortmund use at times as well

• 197 GeordieTwo // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Off for a bit lads. Excellent blogger.

• 198 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:44 PM

GeordieTwo

Reading your blogs last night on Vancouver –
    spent six week holiday living with a Canuck in New Westminster – in the early 80′s brilliant City loved the place.
    Few things I remember were the school kids crawling about the grass during dinner break looking for Magic Mushrooms.
    Going to the Royal Canadian Legion Club see a future star play Bryan Adams. Favourite local band at the time out there was Chilliwak. Grouse mountain and the Scenery absolute magic. Looks/seems a brilliant place to live

• 199 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Remember once standing in the gallowgate end and my mate felt a woman’s backside then looked the other way, she then turned around a slapped me across the clock. I never forgave him for that. Lol.

• 200 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Sage
    Think us and France have to have the quietest stadiums in Europe tbh!

Such a shame, sadly ours seems to be getting worse especially since the singing section has been broken up
    Never heard SJP silenced by a couple of thousand wide boys from Croydon but they managed it when Palace came here

• 201 Transfer Sage // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM

tads

France is quite lively from the tv games i see and friends who have been there for european games, said it was a great night.

Ours is getting worse, I don’t think that is just down to Ashley and the team, that doesn’t help but I think it’s just symptomatic of the league in general.

Stoke is regarded as a noisy/lively ground but it’s like a funeral compared to italy and turkey at times.

• 202 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM

My last home game was the villa game when Remy scored the late winner, I have never seen a lack of atmosphere in my time as a toon fan.
    That will be my last time at a game until the owner sells.

• 203 martoon // Apr 2, 2014 at 9:55 PM

TDSarf @20 – Don’t shoot I’m on your side :) When I said extreme maybe I should have said very pro NUFC. I don’t get why you guys give him such a hard time he obviously loves the club and sticks up for it.
    Sure, I’d love us to get a new owner and up and coming manager but until we do I’ll still support the team.

• 204 nzedtoonman // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Couple of things to post ;

1) Ba sitting on the bench for 90 mins watching Champions League Footy – Are you happy with the move son, hope the bench was hard on your derriere in northern paree !

2) Yohan Cabaye – 14 mins of footy for oor lost midfielder , not sure if its good for us or them !

3) also notably the PSG side had a bucket full of Italians and Brazilians , so they buy these foreigners whilst Nufc , Arse etc buy French rejects , whats happening with good old English talent …uummh , which brings me on to my last point…

4) Peter Beardsley talks aboot the future being bright and all these young bright talents stepping into the youth fold …

Unfortunately there is a handover eventually to the senior squad , then they are mismanaged miscoached and generally bugg***ed around , so the likes of young talent all tooo desperate to leave like Chopra , etc and look at him now !!

So basically we need a better senior coaching system to retain and nurture this talent so that the likes of Andy Carroll wants to stay and become better not leave AND BECOME WORSE…

Discuss please and get back to me . I’m here all day !!

• 205 toon kk // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Martoon
    your right TDS does get a hard time on this blog,
    He has his views like us all. There’s a lot of p.ed off fans at the moment and he likes to see the situation from MA side giving most the opportunity to let off steam.

• 206 Online Guy // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:06 PM

TDS

No need to speculate on the Strawberry Place lease sale.

.I have it from the horse’s mouth , his name is on the end of the link I posted on here earlier this evening.

Ashley wants £5 million and that is what the lease was valued at ..The bids are all in , its all about what is going to be built on the land, and outline Council planning permission would need to be sought, and approved,on any development, before… any sale goes through.

Anyone, or group, can still make a move at this stage and bid ..and that is also from the Agent handling the sale.

It will be interesting to learn who the bidders are , as I think that will tell us what the land will be used for.
    I respect the fact that the agent could not divulge that last week as it’s all still in the offing ..

I will speak with him on Friday and report back to Ed ..

• 207 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Sage

The expense it would take to re-build the foundations for limited expansion wouldn’t be worth it, according to the lad I was speaking to, that’s not to say it isn’t an option but faced with the fact that we currently have the benefit of a lease which would provide the easiest and most cost effective way of expanding and we are currently selling that lease, it sure seems that MA has no intention of expansion, nor does he care if SJP can never be expanded in the future.

We’d have to move if we ever wanted a 60k+ stadium, that is the reality.

• 208 Average_Contents // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Yes but Martoon he supports fatty and puppet with blind loyalty.

I also support the team but the difference is I and many others don’t believe the bullsh!t that gets spouted on a continual basis whereas he takes it as gospel and then proceeds to try and beat us over the head with it

At the end of the day the club’s owner and MD got found out to be liars and masters of leading people on in a court of law so why should we now believe they have the club’s best interests at heart? Albeit one has gone but the problem remains the same

• 209 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Martoon

Same as me mate, I’d love an owner who is charismatic and even better, one who is willing to invest his own money in the squad without saddling the club with debt. But I think the latter is less likely…most of those owners just add debt on the club anyway and it only works long term if the club is regularly in the CL. The competition is huge there now…

As for the manager, I’d love a top manager here! But I’d rather have a few season of consolidation than take a big gamble and risk screwing things up for the sake of a Europa League place. A few top 10 finishes in a row and we’ll be in a great place!

• 210 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:16 PM

toon kk
    Don’t think that’s it at all tbh
    Think it’s much more likely that if you initially disagree and offer a counter point he then twists what the poster has just said, calls them idiots based on the now twisted opinion stated and then preaches that people have no right to want more from the club and they should shut up and be grateful

• 211 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:17 PM

You just got schooled son

• 212 Average_Contents // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Is that a fact online guy? From the horse’s mouth? No,no this just won’t do for TDS matey, I have bombarded him with facts but in reply my posts are boring……yawn…..I Also had information regarding a different matter straight from the horses mouth too but alas he didn’t want to hear it. surprise surprise!

Anyway onto past players Cabaye and ba, they wanted out for bigger and better things so reap what you sow whilst sitting on a bench :)

• 213 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Toon KK

I like to think I see things from every side. I’ve argued with people on this blog who claimed Pardew is a top PL manager and that Ashley somehow saved Newcastle.

I’m no pro Ashley or Pardew, but I am a realist. And I didn’t see why I should let an average season and rubbish communication get in the way of enjoying the great things about NUFC.

When some of these fans think NUFC, they think of fat Mike, useless Pardew and a poor squad. When I think NUFC, I think of a great stadium, fantastic history full of legends and 50,000 fans roaring the team on. I think of the memory of the first time I went to a home game and the experience of a semi final in Cardiff (result was rubbish, but the build up experience with the fans was amazing).

Some of these fans think Ashley has ruined NUFC, I say he can’t. Read SBR’s quote and that will tell you. NUFC hadn’t about commercial revenue, tacky sponsors or a player or two we should have, it’s about a lot more than that! Sadly some fans don’t grasp that.

The one thing I’m angry about with the owner is that he hasn’t grasped that. He hadn’t set up the communication with the fans to show that there are people within the club who care about the history and the fans. He made that mistake on day one and he still hasn’t fixed it.

• 214 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Ciaran
    Maybe a silly question but have nuts not thought about buying the land?
    I know it’s not a stake in the club or anything but could be a little thorn in Ashley’s side lol.

• 215 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:23 PM

SOS nust

• 216 doorknob // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Ciaran

You called out the supporters TDS.
    I am one of those.

TDS

Since I did create this account I wanted to say thanks
    for keeping a little positivity on this blog during these
    apparent dark times!

• 217 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Online Guy

Still speculation on whether he will sell, what will happen to the land if he does and what will happen to the money. They should announce their reasonings but who knows if they actually will…

• 218 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Aidy

Unfortunately I cannot comment on NUST policy or what our plans are. I’m commenting on here only in my capacity as Newcastle United fan, nothing else I’m afraid.

• 219 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Ciaran
    Ah does that mean Nust are in for it then lol.

• 220 JP...from The Rock // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Very good and honest article;

• 221 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Aidy

That applies across the board. I cannot comment on anything without consent from the board. It’s a common policy called ‘collective responsibility’. I was to offer personal comments that would breach that policy.

• 222 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:38 PM

JP

Honest? You mean that’s honestly the writer’s opinion? Boring…it’s just one fan’s opinion.

“Prevailing thoughts about Ben Arfa fall into two main camps – those who know anything at all about football and rate him as the genius he is and those who don’t.”

So I, Pardew, Deschamps and many others clearly know nothing about football…

• 223 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:43 PM

JP

Your use of that article demonstrates a little thing called confirmation bias.

• 224 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Ciaran
    No bother, mums the word, only messing.

• 225 stan anderson // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Sorry i think i just had a senior moment like.
    If Ashley bought the club for whatever money,did he not buy the debt also.
    So who has he lent the money to that was used to pay off the hidden debt,himself is it not,as he owns the club.
    He did it to save himself massive interest payments on the hidden loan that nobody knew existed.Eh?

• 226 Ciaran // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Aidy

Sorry pal. However, what I can tell you is that NUST broke the story regarding the ground-sale, without NUST intervention the story would not have been reported on, so NUST is working in the background on things that matter to NUFC fans.

• 227 Stay Fit Hatem!! // Apr 2, 2014 at 10:58 PM

As much as benny is great on the ball…he’s had one too many kebabs at Ameens and doesn’t have that explosive speed anymore. Slightly off topic sorry guys….I have a spare ticket for the man utd game on saturday if anyone is interested??

• 228 mattnufc // Apr 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Ben Arfa has incredible talent but doesn’t suit the direct style Newcastle employ at the moment.

• 229 aidytoon9 // Apr 2, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Benny would be in my team every game.
    He needs a good man manager though.

• 230 Online Guy // Apr 2, 2014 at 11:14 PM

TDS

This shows you what Ashley ‘s motives are with his ownership of Newcastle United ..all the wrong reasons for owning a Football club . He owe’s himself his loan, fictitious loan … and takes up all the advertising space, to the detriment of of the Club and Football.

He’s wasting our year’s away.

• 231 jimmysmith // Apr 2, 2014 at 11:17 PM

You might expect more from an average season at Newcastle than 13 points in 14 games when in a position to challenge for a European place and the sort of hapless almost nonexistent performance we were served up last weekend. Newcastle fans have every right to be upset about a whole host of things surrounding their football club and surely should not be encouraged to shrug their shoulders and say hey that’s football when they are let down. Unless of course you think we’re just an average club and deserve no better.

• 232 Stay Fit Hatem!! // Apr 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM

jimmysmith

I think the season after we got relegated was our only hope of the cockney mafia leaving.

For one split second today I thought: “Will they actually spend this summer?? what’s it gonna take for these people to realise that BIG investment is required”

But reality set in when I realise “actually; that’s all Ashley wants. Newcastle to stay safe and keep milking the extra TV revenues.

I know Wigan got relegated but with their tiny budget and an excellent manager; they got silverware and that’s what their fans are gonna remember for the rest of their lives.

No one is gonna remember Newcastle finishing in 10th or 11th.

• 233 Stay Fit Hatem!! // Apr 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM

realised*

• 234 Blackley and Brownlie // Apr 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Online Guy

I don’t share the rancour with the content of the echo article. Even if the lost advertising revenues equalled the benefit of the interest free loan, the club’s no worse off than it would have been otherwise. This means, as I understand it, the trade off arrangement would have the same net effect for the purpose of the financial fair play rules. Many of those who criticise mikey for this are the same people who have made poisonous the idea of a stadium name sale, thereby costing the club valuable revenue.

Despite the inside information in relation to the land sale, it seems there remains a hell of a lot unknown, leading to speculation to suit certain biases. I will withhold judgment until the facts are known and both sides of the argument are aired.

• 235 RonVanDam // Apr 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Interesting read on ESPN regarding our trashings under AP

• 236 jimmysmith // Apr 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM

At least to me, St James Park is as interwoven into the psyche of the club as the name Newcastle Utd itself and the black and white stripes. How much monetary value do you place on it, and how much would we have actually have got, assuming the naming rights were ever really up for grabs in the first place, just as we might assume the space taken to advertise Sports Direct in the ground was never really negotiable. The ground renaming was Ashley at his worst.

• 237 AaranD // Apr 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM

From that ESPN article, it’s pretty clear that he never really takes any responsibility for the result and tries to take the minimal amount of positives from the game that he possibly can… And then its the same old excuses of a player doing something, a decision, energy levels, commitment are all flaunted around but he rarely takes upon himself.

• 238 Toon Tang // Apr 3, 2014 at 1:27 AM

This story as well as the previous others basically read out as a Q and A with TDS. Ive got plenty of Q’s but for now im going to catch some Z’s

• 239 mindcompressor // Apr 3, 2014 at 1:35 AM

i dont believe that we will sign any extraordinary player… as long we have no ambition as a club, we got manager without clue what he is doing, we cannot attract with european cups… so the only way is to attract by money and team spirit. so, fatso will not give any tempting money (like qpr was doing last season), team spirit i think doesnt exist anymore… all speculations are actually nice for me, because they feed my hopes about bringing newcastle back on position it should be, with respect it should have, however my faith with ashley and pardew in the club are less than minimal…

• 240 Blofal // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:42 AM

That ESPN article is quite soul deflating.

• 241 Santon03 // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:31 AM

We are getting worse because we don’t change our style, it’s perdictable and opponents have studied it.
    I don’t like it when we reached final 3rd and only one or two players in the box. Nobody made any attempt to get into the box from midfield, it doesn’t matter if you 2 excellent wingers that can make good crosses because there is only 1 to aim at (occasionally 2) and there are 4 defenders and gk in the box, chance of getting the ball to our player(s) is very slim. When we got freekick near halfway line, we sent our defenders in the box and you know they rarely get good delivery or little chance of winning the ball, it leaves us open for counter attack since our defenders in opponents box. We definitely sh!t when we have indirect freekicks, our strikers can’t score because they are up there on their own against 4 defenders, nobody tried to help or distract their defenders to give room for our strikers. The passing was too slow, I would love to see quick direct forward play but not hoofball, stuffs that Real Madrid, Milan, Inter, Dortmund, Juve play.
    I just don’t understand why we keep doing the same thing over and over again, repeating the same mistakes again and again.

• 242 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2014 at 7:37 AM

- – - – - – - – - – - – - -
    Welcome to Pardew world! He may come out with pseudo-intellectual, meaningless poncey phrases like ” we need to process a way to win”, but the definition of stupidity is to keep repeating the same things that always fail and expect a different outcome!

• 243 Tsunki // Apr 3, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Santon03 – I don’t think its anything to do with a style, I thnk its the fact we have none. Pardew fiddles around with the team shape and player positioning so much the players are confused and unsettled. This is the only way to explain how players like Sissoko turn up day one looking like they are going to burn the league then fizzle out over a handful of games. This is how a player like HBA cannot be fitted into a strong passing attacking side with a dominance of midfield, instead he becomes the scapegoat for losing, never mind not winning! This is how we end up with a defence that is all at sea after being solid for the first part of the season. There is no unit anywhere on the field, its a shambles. Don’t even go there with our front line.

• 244 Blofal // Apr 3, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Santon your right…

I mean if I can tell from a corner 50% of the time we are going to aim for Willo who will try and head it on to another player… then of course the opposition is.

The only advantage we have is we are such a shambles going forward the opposition have no idea what we are going to do!

But because we also have absolutely no idea we don’t score. How many times have crosses (those few we have done because most of our team can’t cross) gone flying into a box where the is only one of our players against 3 or 4 of theirs?

• 245 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 3, 2014 at 7:50 AM

That ESPN article is really a superb article.

If in doubt read that

Link on comment # 229

• 246 mindshaft // Apr 3, 2014 at 8:04 AM

That espn article is funny, sadly we are being managed by a complete idiot who continually blames energy, players missing and when that runs out starts shifting the blame onto individual players

Pards, please shut the door on the way out

• 247 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Mindshaft

funny? it was galling.

• 248 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 3, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Someone should tell Ashley

If Pardew is the manager at the start of the season, we WILL get relegated. Saved by WC this season.

Gouffran needs a rest. he is like a Monologue

previous post: Arsenal Now Interested In Bafe Gomis