The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Loic Remy To Miss Manchester United Game

2:03 pm, Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 79 Comments

Alan Pardew has given his news conference today, and after we heard the news that Moussa Sissoko is out for the next two or three games, Loic Remy will not make the game on Saturday, and the last time Loic played was for France in the friendly against Holland, which they won 2-0 in Paris, and for Newcastle he scored in the great 4-1 win at Hull.

loic remy at hull

Loic Remy – missed Saturday’s game with calf injury

But that’s when some of Newcastle’s problems started, and manager Alan Pardew stupidly headbutted Hull City player David Meyler, and it’s been downhill from then.

We were initially  told that Loic could be back for the game against Manchester United – but that’s not going to happen – so we hope he’s available for the next game at Stoke City, and with the Potters only 6 points behind us – we need at least a draw in that game.

But that’s also what we said about last week’s game at Southampton, who were one point behind us. :(

This is what Alan Pardew has just said in his news conference:

“Moussa has a hamstring strain,” “He’ll be  out for at least two or three weeks.”

Moussa Sissoko picked up his hamstring strain in the last game at Southampton, and we have no idea who can now score the goals against Manchester United on Saturday.

But Newcastle need to wake up and put in a good performance at home against the reigning Premier League Champions.

And under new manager Davide Moyes they have struggled big time this season, and in normal circumstances we would have a decent chance to win this game at home – which happened two years ago , when we smashed them 3-0 in the corresponding fixture.

But it’s difficult to do that unless you can score some goals.

Tags: Loic Remy · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Premier League

79 responses so far ↓

• 1 Mint // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Start Adam Armstrong – f**k it, what can go wrong?

At least when we lose they gain experience – experience that seems to do reverse for some senior players

• 2 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM

No suprise there he doesn’t want to be at the club terminate his loan and blow him out along with all the other posers.

• 3 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Who gives a stuff what money Mike Ashley gets from Sports Direct??? I don’t care if one of the players gets loads of money from his property business or Pardew sells a bunch of shares and makes a million quid either.

I care about NUFC, not Mike Ashley.

• 4 Ian Toon // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Ibiza- The institutional investor opposition to Ashley is to stop him
    gaining creeping control of Sports Direct – he currently
    has 62%. He is being asked to align himself with institutions and
    take a dividend. It’s not as tax efficient but it seems he has little
    alternative. He doesn’t always get his own way-LOL.

• 5 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Mint

Sometimes losing badly can damage a young player when what they really need is confidence to do what they can do. Playing and nothing working for him because the level is too high can damage the confidence and set the player back.

It’s not an exact science and there are experts at every club for this sort of thing. There are also loads of youngsters who looked amazing when they were young and didn’t fulfil their potential because they were mis-managed (Jeffers, Gazza, Chopra maybe, Rodwell, Gosling and plenty of others I can’t even remember any more yet they should be household names). Give that lot to a SAF early on and they ‘d have fulfilled their potential.

• 6 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Newcastle United the 8th greatest team in English football history is reduced to scratching around for players to play against Manchester United disgusting.

• 7 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Is this about the time when the squabbling starts on a daily basis :)

• 8 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Gazza was one of the finest players of his generation.

• 9 Ibizatoon // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM

TDSarf…It was only a little joke, clearly I thought.

However, big picture, of course MA and SD are of interest to the fan base. It would seem that the three are intertwined and whilst two of those entities seem to improve at an impressive rare, one of them seems to just tick along. Perhaps just as it’s in its infancy as far as MA involvement is concerned, I don’t believe that to be the case though, but that is just my personal opinion on it. So I give a stuff, even if my original comment was only meant as a joke.

Ian…I read that. Seems they like the fact he has a knack of generating lots of money and keeping costs down, but aren’t so keen on other aspects of his approach. Sounds somewhat familiar. Whilst not the same setup as his involvement with NUFC, it does show, as you say, that he doesn’t always get his own way. A refreshing thought.

• 10 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM

And plenty of young players have grasped the opportunity when it’s been presented Best Charlton Rooney Moore Shearer Bale Ronaldo Beckham Scholes Giggs Milner Maradona

• 11 Blofal // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I personally would play a 5-4-1 against Man U as we are not going to score anyway…

Anita, Mbiwa, Willo, Colo, Haidara
    –Ben Arfa, Tiote, Gosling, Santon
    ——————–LDJ——————

And that leave practically nobody but Dummet, Marveaux and Cisse to come off the bench. We are going to have some first timers make the bench simply because there is nobody else!

If Rolando Aarons makes the bench I bet Carver will give him a run. Pardew wouldn’t… but I bet Carver will.

• 12 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:34 PM

TDS fergie won the premier league with a bunch of kids!

• 13 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Westham had their golden years in the sixties with a bunch of kids led by the great Bobby Moore.

• 14 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM

TDS – previous reply re Sissoko.
    I do not think there was anything to be gained by calling me a dick or that I had a bee in my bonnet. Retreating to a default position of insults -really does not enhance the debate. You really need to read posts correctly- I did not say that you replied in response to a suggestion that he was injured. All I said was that you stated he was was taking a couple of days off with his girlfriend -you later suggested that “Maybe Pardew thinks he needs a few days off to recharge his batteries. It’s not always the best thing to stay at the club and graft away in the training ground”.
    Clearly your “shouts” were not correct (FACT) -in view of the FACT that he is injured and at Clairefontaine (FACT).
    Mister Tuff 1 — 0 TDS.

• 15 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:48 PM

It’s amazing I thought we had cured one of our main problems with Faye Downey.

Now no one wants to play Manu and the sick bay is busier than ever. Co-incidence I don’t think so.

• 16 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Pele played for Brazil aged 17 Beckenbauer captained West Germany aged 20 so it proves some young players thrive in the big games if given the opportunity.

• 17 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:52 PM

@15 its all down to bottle and we have a load of bottlers who aren’t up to it along with the manager.

• 18 Rotonda heights // Apr 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Mister Tuff

TeDiouS, although he may venture otherwise, sadly isn’t the most intellectually resourceful and hasn’t yet grasped it would be so much better just to let people think he is a complete ……. . . . . . rather than continuing to blog on here and confirm it with his obvious and rather unsubtle insults ranging from d–k to idiot etc.

How NOT to win friends and influence people eh !! .

• 19 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM

@18 I just assumed he doesn’t know anything about football judging by his ridiculous ramblings. I thought he came on here to improve his cognitive skills.

• 20 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Ibiza

You can’t compare a business like SD with a company like NUFC. Mike Ashley is clearly a brilliant businessman but we’d need a brilliant football man at the helm to compare. Let’s say we had someone like SAF join us now and be willing to stick around long term…then it would be similar.

Success on the pitch at NUFC doesn’t require great business skills, it requires great skills and bringing youth through, signing the right players, coaches and tactics.

I still don’t think MA’s personal wealth is relevant…

• 21 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Mister Tuff

Er…so in your world you bypass comments like maybe and justifications that he can do something if he has time off and just tell me that I’m wrong for stating that he had time off? Don’t be ridiculous.

• 22 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Bored. Goodbye.

• 23 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:09 PM

rotonda – he is a very argumentative fellow, and belittles other posters points of view. Cast a line with a decent bait on it – works every time.

• 24 Average_Contents // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM

We are gonna get tonked Saturday.

Oops sorry I’m whinging :)

• 25 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM

TDS – there you go again – I have never stated a person cannot do what they want on their day off – how on earth can you twist what I did say into that -we’ll I’m gobsmacked. Seeing what is not there is a worry.. Let’s try again-
    TDS position ——————he’s got a few days off.

Not correct (FACT) as he is injured (FACT).

• 26 Ibizatoon // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:40 PM

“There aren’t 20 teams that can afford to buy Romelu,” he said. “He won’t go from Everton to, let’s say, Swansea.”

Remind me again, can we compete with Swansea on a financial level? Actually, simplify the question, is there anyone we can compete with financially?

As many have said, any chance of Lukaku has to be so miniscule that it makes Anita look a giant.

Shame, he’s clearly got a bright future ahead of him. I imagine he wont be going cheaply mind.

• 27 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Ibiza…the simple answer is No! ;)

• 28 mag // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

The tds and the skink seem rather beligirant towards other posters, maybe its their limited football knowledge that angers themselves so much.

• 29 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM

…but then again we have more urgent problems at hand when it comes to attracting great footballs than money and agent fees I think ;)

• 30 Ibizatoon // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Jesper…You know me, always prefer the simple answer!

It’s a nice idea though that the club may have realised we lack a goal scorer and would be willing to spend a decent chunk of what the club simply has to have in it’s account come season end. Remember those days?

Oh how times have changed, when we didn’t have money, we spend it, now we do have money, we don’t.

Middle ground and NUFC don’t seem to go very well together.

• 31 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Ibiza
    You mean your rallying call for us to empty our wallets and send donations to poor old Mikey boy so he isn’t left short for his summer holidays wasn’t serious???
    Well i never!!!

TDS
    You really need to start actually reading posts properly if you can’t see that was a joke ffs, even worse that you’ve tried to start an argument out of it!!!!

• 32 mag // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM

No top class player will join Newcastle United, while Pardew is here its bargain basements and nothing more.

• 33 Rainrix // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Ibiza…. I reckon we’d struggle to financially compete with a charity shop. Its a shame i bet if you offered chelsea 17mil (What they paid for him) at the start of this season we probably could’ve had him. Not like he’s a risky investment either, young, proven PL goalscorer potentially gigantic sell on value (Mikes favourite attribute in a player). Then our only problem would be convincing him we are going anywhere. Im sorry but to break it to big al but players aren’t exactly jumping to play for his teams now or ever in the past…. and future :(

• 34 Ibizatoon // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Jesper…More important than money? Behave :)

Still, I get your point. I guess we’ll likely fail on both footballing and financial fronts.

• 35 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM

And yes Lukaku would fantastic signing, I’m sure under the current set up him and Williamson will be the best CB pairing in the league ;)

• 36 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Ibiza…it’s always one way or the other with us! lol

• 37 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Ibiza…I am sadly were sure that will be the case :(

• 38 mag // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Ibiza back by popular demand April 1st was on Tuesday!

• 39 Ibizatoon // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Tads…It wasn’t even at the stage where I was asking fans to give up money, just to happily not have any new players arrive this summer, a bit like last summer and January too ;)

Rainrix…It would seem the tide of opinion has turned as far as potential players are concerned. 2 years ago we looked like a decent enough option and at the very least a great stepping stone club. Now? I imagine we look like a risky bet.

Still, I’m sure they’re on top of it all.

• 40 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 3, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Of course they are ;)

…as long as someone tells them that if the club wants to buy players there a few guidelines:

a) scout players you can afford

b) stop bidding for players you cannot afford both transfer fee and agent fee

c) you have to complete the transfer before Sep. 1st.

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM

…I have a few more, but I’ll refrain for now! ;)

• 42 Ibizatoon // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Jesper @40…It’s those sort of ideas that might get a player signed. Watch yourself.

• 43 mag // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Its called a blip in the history of Newcastle United, Ashley will grow tired of the club when the revenue stops pouring in and someone else will fill the void left by one of the worst owners in the premier league.

• 44 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Ibiza…you know sometimes I just cannot help thinking outside the box – I get these crazy ideas!

…and I am just not helping the course I know! lol

• 45 Toon Tang // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM

“Loic Remy To Miss Manchester United Game” is enigma code for “newcastle won’t score, or even have a solitary shot on target throughout the whole game”

Get some strikers in for chuffs sake man I’m dieing out here.

Literally

• 46 toon kk // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I wonder how many people will flock into SJP, fill MA pockets then watch us get ripped apart by man u.

strange really I’m just baffled what people get out of it, can’t be excitement? Everyone knows we’ll lose.

• 47 theartfuldodger // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Season was over long back.
    Cudnt care less about sissoko being out.

I think we will drop to 10th.
    Stoke fixtures – Chelsea,cardiff,newcastle,spurs,fulham,wba
    Newcastle fixtures – manu,stoke,swansea,arsenal,cardiff,liverpool

Max I see us getting is 3-4 points.

• 48 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I was reading earlier on that there is to be an open top bus parade through Newcastle on Saturday before the game. I think it’s being organised by MAOC.
    Seems a decent idea -I hope there is a thrusting up in the air of the account books -I’m sure the folk seeing this will cheer loudly. Seems to me to be a good idea.
    It will be interesting if the Chronicle reports the story -with a column and a few photos. I would suggest that they will have to -as it’s an event taking place in the city centre.
    Could end up a bad week for Mr “El Gourdo” Tubbs -denied by his shareholders, adverse publicity from the fans and a whooping from Man U.
    He might be so annoyed he’ll sack Percy Parsnip -well that’s probably wishful thinking.

• 49 toon kk // Apr 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM

We should have a plane and banner flying over SJP like mau u did, saying “where’s the ambition”.

• 50 Marty-Toon // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Toon kk
    Agree totally,at least we have a reason to have a banner flying over the ground,poor old Man Utd fans suffering for once in twenty years and they’re cryin like babies.
    We’re a shambles,maybe Man Utd fans should try being devoted to a club that has so many ups and downs like ours and feel what it’s like to support a team through it all

• 51 hibbit // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM

toon kk ash got the money last season most of the nufc fans at the games paid last year in advance thats why the fans keep turning up my two lads 9yrs and 11yrs know we have season tickets and that there coming to an end we have not renewed alot of other fans around us have not renewed its very hard when you have kids

• 52 NOVA2967 // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM

lets get these blokes in this summer

jenkinson caulker lascelles
    delph hughes
    welbeck

• 53 Bambams // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM

French players all protecting their world cup places……

can’t blame them, a good world cup could attract an ambitious club….

• 54 NOVA2967 // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM

morrison and adam johnson

• 55 Mister Tuff // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Bambams -I think you may have a point. If I was Remy or Debuchy -would I risk injury in the remaining games -where there is in effect nothing to play for, and thus not be able to go to the World Cup. Might not be in the best spirit but I really cannot argue against it – if indeed this is what transpires.

• 56 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Bambams,
    Would be legit if they had secured their places. Really, only Debuchy has done that. Also, look for Cabs losing his place as he just gets to jog around for a few minutes these days. I’d bet they regret their moves him and Ba.

• 57 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I wonder if AP has some kind of unwritten agreement with MA that if we finish top 10 he stays. Because I really can’t see how he would stand THAT performance against Southampton.

• 58 Bambams // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Sticking my neck out here a bit but if any of the French lads do get injured then they definately wont make the squad even if they are only on the fringes.
    I think Debuch, Siss and Remy will make it. At the beginning of the season I genuinely thought HBA would have a great season and put himself up for selection. I really cannot decide if HBA is a fantastic player wasted by Pards or a poor player who has flashes of 5-A-side skills.
    I cannot see where our next win will come, even if we do not win another game Pards will be safe. Speaks volumes.

• 59 Bambams // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Cyprus
    At a recent talk in with a former Toon player we were told Pards had to finish in top 10.
    Also told that JFK was brought in to ‘stop’ transfers.
    HAD will be a very interesting term come the end of the season.

• 60 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:53 PM

The first point sounds right, re Pards. The second, that JFK was brought in to stop transfers just must be tosh.

On HBA, find old videos: perky, head high, flying by terrorized players. Ask mates who support other teams who they feared the most. Now, I fear he has been broken by AP. Track back, defend, track back defend, sorry mate you’re coming off.

Sorry, but have lost faith in that AP completely :(

• 61 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Was the former player you were talking to called Gazza ;)

• 62 GeordieTwo // Apr 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I think it’s high time we got serious and helped Mike run the club on here mates. Down deep Mike is a good lad. He loves to run his chubby little fingers through a wad of cash it’s true but also he loves his football. Oh yes. And he loves Alan. And Alan returns that love. It’s a beautiful thing. So let’s give them a little respect on here! Harrumph!

• 63 GeordieTwo // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM

And now onto more important matters. Do we unleash the mighty Obertan against ManU on Saturday? Do we then terrorize them with our zany madcap runs by Santon from the fullback position? Do we humiliate and intimidate? Live in fear ManU. Oh yes, we will crush you. It’s squishy time once again! Huzzah!

• 64 mindshaft // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I doubt either Cabaye or Ba regret their moves – 15 mins in the champions league for one of the top sides in Europe is surely better than playing in a poor mid table Newcastle side

• 65 GeordieTwo // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Let’s inject some new ideas into the discussion mates. Let’s get creative. We have the mental capacity for it. We can come up with something brilliant, I just know it. I’ll wait………

• 66 Bambams // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Cyprus
    I kid you not ….
    I wont name the player and I have no doubt he was serious. When you think about it we were supposedly going to sign that centre half who was waiting for a dutch passport. Cant bloody remember his name and I think he went to Milan
    His record for signings was abysmal. We could not believe it when he said it but he was adamant. This talk in was in October last year at a private club. He added Pards does owe a gambling debt, Pards was friends with Lambias prior to joining toon and that JFK had never been off the wage bill rather than receiving a severence pay. He did say the players did get along with JFK and he was an alright bloke.
    Ash allegedly is very nervous whenever around the players, quite shy and does not get the banter. He has almost nothing to do with the players .
    Just passing on what he said

• 67 GeordieTwo // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Ok, not too many brilliant new ideas all at once lads. Let’s ease back a little. Possibly I can just start us off. Could Alan poke Mike in the eye with his pen while watching the game? That won’t help us score but it might be interesting to watch.

• 68 Bambams // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Cyprus
    No not Gazza.
    A very well respected ex player.

• 69 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Maybe Mindshaft,
    I’d hate it. From hero to zero? No, I’d take that NE club with the crazy fans. Think about what Mourinho said. He played Shurle because he doesn’t have any forwards. Both will end up at smaller teams where they seem to belong. Think about Nzogbia and the bigger clubs statement. Where is he these days anyway?

• 70 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Playing under the moronic Pardews tactics its no small wonder they want to be away. The only ones that stay are the crap no one else wants.

• 71 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Actually, I really respect what Gazza did on the field. He was the first of the entertainers. The rest of his life? Forget it.

• 72 GeordieTwo // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Can’t believe Joe was brought in to stop transfers, but I can believe he was incompetent and lost in the DoF position. The game had passed him by and it was obvious. Mike has no clue so he just hired someone he knew. For Mike it’s all a big game as all he really wants is advertising space and a club in the Prem with no real chance to compete for anything. Spending by other clubs is steadily increasing while Mike thinks 10M pounds is a huge amount to spend on one player. A complete idiot.

• 73 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:13 PM

G2,
    Spot on @63! Was thinking along the same lines myself ;)

• 74 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Bambams,
    Those points sound right. Was just thinking that hiring someone in order to humiliate himself and the club would not be a good strategy! I mean, you have to feel for the guy. His radio interview was delirious and he never recovered.

• 75 Bambams // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I see seven players arrested in North West re alleged bribery and money laundering. How Pards has not been brought in re match fixing by now.
    Alleged gambling history. ..Alleged debt…. Shocking results…

• 76 guvnor // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:19 PM

With the two statues Williamson and Colocini playing behind the dwarf Anita trying to thread passes through to the free scoring Cisse and De Jong, Moyes must be terrified.

• 77 GeordieTwo // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Thanks cyprus mate. We are ready to break out against ManU. And not just with pimples on the players’ faces! We will stun them with our attacking creativity. Let me see, I’m guessing 4-5-1 with Cisse up front and De Jong in behind to start? Then after they score 2 or 3 quick ones we switch to some clever hoofball up to Shola. That will definitely frighten the bejesus out of them! Harrumph!

• 78 cyprus // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM

G2,
    If you are free Saturday I know of a team that may want to use your ideas. If you have any gambling debts maybe we can think of something.

On gambling debts, this is what AP said:
    “That still hurts me, the casino tag,’ he says, acknowledging the fact that he was photographed emerging from a casino with Ashley and Llambias last week.
    ‘I’ve never bet in a casino; it’s just not something I do. But my owner and my managing director are from that world, they want to socialise in that world and there have been occasions — and there will be in the future — when I go in there with them.
    ‘It’s important we have a good relationship and if that’s where I need to see them then that’s fine by me. But I’m not a gambler. The only gambling I do is on a Saturday afternoon when I might put on two wingers or two strikers…”

• 79 beermonkey // Apr 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM

all players that are in and around the france team all goto the clairfontaine place over there when injured

do we as a club pay for this as there our players

I like the idea and think england should do the same sort of thing it must help having all there medical stuff in one place and u know if there just bailing on meaningless friendlies, I know they looked after benny when he broke his leg not sure if he was playing for france then or not

previous post: More Bad News For Newcastle