Ryan Taylor Hopefully Back For Pre-Season – Update

Newcastle United utility player Ryan Taylor is hoping to be back playing when Newcastle begin their pre-season training ion early July, after Ryan has suffered two ACL knee injuries in quick succession, and the first of these was picked up in the home game against Atromitos in the Europa League on August 30th two years ago.

ryan taylor injured right knee

Ryan Taylor – after suffering first ACL knee injury

The 29-year-old has missed almost two full seasons, but he is now in a position when he can start some light training, but the Newcastle medics and coaches will be very careful with him, after what happened last April when he picked up his second anterior cruciate ligament injury, while training at Benton.

Here is Ryan’s twitter account and he’s made some positive tweets in the last day about how he’s slowly but surely coming back, and it seems he’s been doing some work in the swimming pool, getting the strength back in that knee.

Ryan has one year left on his contract come June, so if he can get himself fit he can then prove he should be given another contract at the club, so in that sense he still has everything to play for.

Maybe you can send Ryan a positive tweet, and let him know we are thinking about him, and wishing him all the best, and that he can come back and play again next season for Newcastle.

Ryan joined Newcastle from Wigan in January of 2009, and has so far played 91 times with 10 goals for Newcastle, and he can actually score goals from free-kicks – something we desperately need now that Yohan Cabaye has moved on.

We need him – a player who can actually score a goal against Sunderland – and it will be like having a new player next season.

Let him know the fans care about him. 😀

• Rainrix

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Like a new signing?

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Ryan “over the wall” Taylor, shame he’s injured, really needed him lately, would never of got such a gutless performance from him
    On the plus side apparently he’s taken a real interest in the U21 side and has been fantastic with them since he’s been back in the gym devoting many many hours into the youth team

• Graeme

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Without a doubt – if he’s fit, that one less to buy. Crazy planning, but that can’t be any shock to a NUFC fan lol.
    He could well be one of the few to make it “Over the line”!!!

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM

On a side note, how the hell have the scum got away with just a fine and no points deduction for fielding an ineligable player in 5 bloody games!

• I’d guess by now that he’s just too slow to play In the premier league. He wasn’t fast before either. I think he might have been out too long to make any real contribution to the side next year. Would like to see him take up under 21’s coaching though In future as he seems to have a passion for it which is fantastic.

I heard on the sky sports paper talk page that Pardew had dismissed the notion of having players refund tickets for the Southampton game? Anyone got a link to this or heard about it? I despise the bloke more as the days go by.

• beermonkey

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM

tads

dunno other teams have had points deducted for the same offence I believe, if that’s right I would expect all those in danger to start complaining

• lesh

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM

toonarmydownsouth and re Slsnd getting off so lightly, could it be that Sunderland’s not Newcastle United?

Just a thought

• lesh

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Aye Rainrix, Taylor’ll be the first of the summer’s additions to the squad!

• beermonkey

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Geremi’s Prosthetic Leg Fund

that’s his answer
    its all in the this mornings thread of thing can only get worse or something like that

“The answer to a performance like that is putting in a display the following game.” “I’m not urging anything other than my players putting in a better performance.”

• Average_Contents

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Gerami

He got asked the question “Norwich City players refunded their travelling fans for their below par performance, do you think the Newcastle players should do something similar”

He basically dodged the question and said we need to prove to the fans our dedication on the the pitch with a result on Saturday

Then said manure are clear favourites for the game! Also there’s a question mark hanging over manure for their poor league form! Why not just do their team talk for them puppet!

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Beermonkey/lesh
    This was only a couple of weeks ago!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM

The thing that most amazes me about the Sunderland story is that the player involved, Ji Dong Won, is set to join Dortmund in the Summer!!!

• toon kk

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM

We should just play the kids, we would probably
    Get beat but at least they would try.

• beermonkey

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM

tads

cant believe they not lost points when west ham were found guilty of playing tevez when he wasn’t owned by the club think the only got a fine
    was it sheffeild that went down they sued west ham for around 30mill
    so that and the one last week I dunno what the fa’s excuse is for not deducting them 3 points min

iam sure the bottom clubs have there lawyers on it

• Phatoon

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM

It’s crazy that they just get a fine…

Ignoring the fact it’s Sunderland. That means any team with money can just play any old player as long as they can afford the fine. It’s no detterent.

• Phatoon

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

*deterrent

• AMEOBI

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Brilliant he’s the player I love in the starting line up. If we keep hold of Cheik we should definitely play Taylor alongside him in CM. I think next season will be great.

• toon kk

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I forcast a 0-3 loss at our probably correctly named O3 oreana.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Some will be happy to hear this and some not so. But just thought I’d say that I’m not going to bother with this blog for a while (sorry Ed!) I’m tired of the negativity and, living down south, the whole point of me coming on this blog was to tap into the passion and positivity that made me support NUFC and that I felt when living in Newcastle. These days, most of the posts on here are whinging because we’re not doing as well as we’d like.

I’m all for criticising the running of the club, and we all know there have been some cock-ups but I think many fans on here either don’t know or have forgotten what it is to be a fan of NUFC.

Read the SBR quote on this very page, “What is a club in any case?”

“Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.

It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.”

“It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.”

“It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

That’s why I’m a fan of NUFC and no stupid choices for DoF, tacky sponsors or even relegation to the conference would change that as long as the spirit of NUFC stays. It’s the fans than maintain the spirit of NUFC and if you abandon it then the club truly is lost.

Maybe I’ll come back after the summer if I think this blog might be a happier place…

Howay the lads!

• Phatoon

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Bye TDS

• guvnor

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Raylor another very average player who should be moving on along with the management.

• toon kk

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Tds
    its a shame you feel like that, I admit there’s a lot of negatively on here. But I’m afraid the club has brought this on themselves. You just need to go into SJP to realise alot of atmosphere has gone. Stick with the blog I go through stages where I can’t be bothered any more.
    Fans have gone through a lot a this club over the last few years.
    Personally I find your views interesting.

• Average_Contents

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Awwwwww that’s cute TDS

Speak soon 😉

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Thanks Phatoon

toon kk – read my post again. The club IS the fans as far as I’m concerned. If the company went bankrupt, all our players were sold and SJP was turned into flats, if the same fans I remember turned up at a park to watch 7th tier football then that is still the club I support. If fans abandon the club, they are abandoning each other and it spoils the club for those of us who value the spirit at NUFC above the details.

• Bambams

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM

You know what stands out lately ? Everyone is talking about how terrible all at Newcastle is.

I remember the Stan Seymour days of negativity…The Gordon McKeag share floats when he would not spend a penny. … We were then saved by Sir John (yes I know he took his money and made a profit but nobody else wanted to put money in and its still the best I have ever known at the Park) who did spend and showed a genuine ambition…. Then Freddy became a bit reckless but still wanted a good team.
    But these days even the kids in the parks know Ashley wont spend and Pards is useless.
    I dont know anyone who thinks there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Sad times.
    imo

• Mister Tuff

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM

TDS – if you introduced an element of flexibility into your thought processes – you would not get so much grief as you do. There are some interesting articles about “the flexible mind” on the internet or read up a bit on Zen Buddism -to get the gist of my point. I’m not intending to be patronising but genuinely helpful. If you adhere to your suggestion of a self imposed exile it will be an unfortunate decision as I won’t have the opportunity to whoop your ass, again, in the debates.
    Be flexible.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Mackems dodging points deduction
    Hartlepool are not happy – in 2010 docked 3 points fined £10,000 for fielding Gary Liddle.
    Pool player Sam Collins branded decision ‘double standards’ on twitter

• toon kk

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Tds
    I don’t think the fans will ever abandon the club,
    if MA shows some ambition in the next transfer window you’ll be surprised how people’s attitudes will change. I know MA sees the club as a business but if he cared more about the fans than his own bank balance would be a great start.

• AndyNUFC

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:22 AM

TDS that’s your choice to leave. I am not encouraging you and would prefer to hear your opinions, whether I agree or not, instead of not at all. Football is about the fans, and all fans have difference in opinions.

It’s all fine and well using the blog to get a fans’ viewpoint (except mag / guvnor, they’re clearly teenage tools), but when you say stuff like:

“These days, most of the posts on here are whinging because we’re not doing as well as we’d like.”

I do honestly wonder where you would “like” us to be? I get the whole realism of the concept; false positions etc. So maybe 9th is a deserved position at this point in time. Would you not agree though we’ve devalued our club through being dwarfed in commercial revenue, failing to attain Cat 1 status for the academy, failing to appoint a progressive DOF and manager and failing to invest at a time when we could have established momentum to compete for top 6? If you do agree, then you will agree it’s all because of Ashley – and in such a case, why shouldn’t we whinge? After all, he’s the guy who should be doing these things.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM

toon kk

You’re still missing my point and this is why I’m not going to bother any more. Supporting NUFC has nothing to do with the amount of ambition that MA shows in signing players.

Read Bambams’ post.

It’s the fans who make the club and the fans who are making it miserable to support the club right now. If I go into self-imposed exile then maybe I can go back to enjoying the odd good win, odd exceptional goal and seeing a youth player break through.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM

TDSarf…Whilst I understand your reasoning for wanting to take a break, I do find your position to be a little hopeless.

What is it you think fans should do? Simply not care about a lack of ambition?

Just turn up week after week and simply pretend everything is wonderful?

The negativity has increased based on the actions of the club, I’m not sure how you can point the finger at the fans on this one tbh.

The club needs a shake up, something has to give for matters to improve. Until that point, we’ll be going round and round in circles. That’s good enough reason to take a break from the blog imo.

Either way, I hope you keep well and i have no doubt that we’ll be speaking again in the future.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM

AndyNUFC

I’m not going to get into a debate on all that because I’m done with it. I want us to be doing better too, I want to get paid more in my job, I want my girlfriend to tidy the house more often and to add more flavour to her cooking. But I’m not whinging about all of that either.

• Ciaran

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:33 AM

TeDiouS aka Mr Harding aka Mark aka Marky-poo

Truly wonderful news that you’re leaving the blog. I dislike it when regular posters leave the blog for whatever reason, but in your case I genuinely hope that you never come back you horrible little man.

• Average_Contents

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM

The odd good win, odd exceptional goal! That just sums up what is wrong with being happy about mediocrity!

Goodbye and good luck, don’t let the spreadsheets hit you on the way out 🙂

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Ibiza

I want to see change and progress at the club as much as the next fan but considering we were relegated a few seasons ago, I can see the progress, can’t you?

I’d like to see better decisions made too (DoF, Wonga, letting Cabaye go without replacement etc.) but that doesn’t mean that every single decision that anyone at NUFC makes is to be interpreted in a negative way and subject to insults.

We’re missing a charming spokesman who really gets the fans. But that’s just PR really. We’ve gone from 16th to 9th and that isn’t showing progress to some people…and you wonder why I despair?

• AndyNUFC

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Well funny that TDS because you compared whingers of NUFC to lads who love their lasses but beat them up… bit of passive aggressiveness coming through there perhaps?!

Wor lass cooks some lovely grub and scrubs the house up well – guess NUFC is the only place I can whinge about something.

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM

6’5″ and 15st little, you angry little midget…

• AndyNUFC

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM

By the way just want to say Ciaran, I know we’ve disagreed many-a-time and had some heated debates, but I must give you your credit getting elected to the NUST board (is that the one? Few kicking about, forgive me if not).

• Average_Contents

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

You still here?

Wow!

Quick duck, them spreadsheets are flying around with a mind of there own 😉

• AndyNUFC

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

TDS how small is a “little midget”?

1 2 3 5