Where Exactly Do Newcastle Go From Here?

Newcastle were torn apart by Manchester United today, but at least our players put in some effort and energy at St. James’ Park, which was different form last Saturday,  but we were no match for Manchester United and they won 4-0 with four good goals from their point of view.

alan pardew clos-up

Alan Pardew – cannot motivate players

Newcastle do have five good players missing from the side through injury, but the Red devils were short of Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie through injury, and they still made eight changes from the side that drew 1-1 with Bayern Munich in the Champions League last Tuesday night.

Since Alan Pardew was banned for seven games after the events at Hull City, we have played five games, scored only one goal and conceded 12, and we have 3 points from the home win against Crystal Palace, when we scored three  minutes into stoppage time.

So to say the season is falling part is accurate, and we’re just lucky that we amassed 33 points from the first 18 league games of the season, and since then in the 15 league games we have played, we have only 13 points.

At that rate after 30 games we would have been on 26 points – and it’s interesting that Sunderland have 25 points from their 30 league games they have played, and they are bottom of the league and in deep relegation trouble. 7 points from safety, but with three games in hand on 4th bottom Norwich.

One thing that is disturbing is that it seems manager Alan Pardew simply cannot motivate his players, and is certainly not getting the best out of the players he has available.

And when you think this was a season he had to prove his worth after last season’s relegation troubles, he is again not doing well.

There are five games to go, and we just have to hope that Loic Remy is back for the game at Stoke City, and that we can get something out of that game – and even score a goal.

But that’s almost the same stuff we said last week, after we had been humiliated 4-0 at Southampton, and we made the Saints look like world beaters, but they lost 4-1 at Manchester City yesterday.

Newcastle have 13 points from the last 15 games and we look like a team fighting relegation, just like we did last year at this time.

Where we go from here we don’t really know – other than to spend big money in the transfer market this summer and bring in seven very good players – assuming we can get them to the club.

But this season is getting very hard to deal with for Newcastle fans, and to say we are limping over the line is a huge understatement. 🙁

What do you think?

• Schwefelberg

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM

You have the Power of Veto!!

Use it!

Ashley has whored the Club at every available opportunity and will keep on this way

• RUNAWAY777

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM

52,000 mugs still giving there money
    to fat man.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Down the table at speed?

• Ciaran

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Blackley

Not getting much traction are we? Seems the protest was a resounding success. Back in your box you petty little man.

• Small World

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Ed – the one thing we do not know, is how much support Pardew actually has from Ashley. Lots of conjecture and speculation – but nobody really knows as Ashley never speaks. I find his attendance at recent games interesting. He may have drawn similar conclusions to most of us.

In the big picture, Ashley is not an innocent party in the whole mess the club finds it self in.
    He however, has little bearing on current the lack of motivation and application of the playing squad. I suspect that this season, 5 minutes after the last ball has been kicked will tell us a lot about Pardew’s future at the club.

With respect to the last day, I am praying that it doesn’t boil down to goal difference. It could end up in a Turkey shoot with Suarez & Sturridge taking turns with the gun. 10-0 anyone?

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM

after many sh!t/pathetic performances we deserve to be relegated, next season this will happen with Pardew still at the helm then, mark my words

• RUNAWAY777

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Guess full house of mugs for the next home game will you ever learn

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Small World

10-0? hope you mean in the first half 😉

• stuart no9

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:44 AM

where do we go from here ? down . simple as that , come on you so called newcastle fans, stop going , it is your fault we are where we are . you need to realise that as long as you feed the monster , he will never leave , and you will always have a shite team . thank you very much .

• The next Mike Williamson

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Pardew would still be terrible under a dream chairman. We have to get rid of him. He’s been hiding behind Ashley’s budget for too long. And even though we haven’t spent much, he’s still been bought/ loaned some top class players that he just can’t use.

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:44 AM

RUNAWAY777

don’t worry about it mate, Iv’e already stated that people that go to the match are not fans at all and that it’s also there fault MA & AP are still at the club

• beermonkey

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:47 AM

blackley

has to be the worst excuse ever a midweek game

I have given up reading his drivel it makes me grumpy
    and I aint far away from not watching us

I really would like to watch a toon training session and learn how or what pards does with reguards to setting us up

when he says they tried different things was that gosling

sad thing is after the last couple of games we can all pick the next team, if debuchy is fit santon will go to the left with colo and willo

cisse is looking lively and and confident looking towards next season should we stick with cisse and help him get a couple of goals he is looking close, or do we go back with remy
    I would be inclined to stick with cisse as he looks like he is gonna score, were gonna need goals next season

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:48 AM

this blog should be reserved for real supporters who have real passion for Newcastle not wannabe’s

• beermonkey

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Ciaran

how was it
    didn’t see u on motd but u did get a mention on football focus

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:50 AM

we may not be able to get rid of Ashley any time soon but we could easily get rid of Pardew sooner rather than later

• Toon Tang

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM

strolla on after 85 mins is honestly one of the most laughable bits of management ive ever seen in my entire life i kid you not

• Small World

Apr 6, 2014 at 12:57 AM

“I might stalk every blogger on here that attends the match’s and give them nothing but sh!t.”

I guess that includes me. By the way first game was 1973 season, and now it is deemed that I am not a proper supporter and am just a wanabe. I hope you are joking.

The whole club boycott thing is a far tougher route than most suggesting it understand. Last time was 1987-88 and it took the best part of 5 years to get rid of the board

• Small World

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM

@Toon Tang – the scary thing was that the guys around me predicted at half time that it would be Ben Arfa on 60 and Strolla on 85 and we would lose by 3.

If we could predict that, I guess Moyes probably even built it into his team talk before the game. Predictable? you’re telling me. Pardew hasn’t a clue.

• stuart no9

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM

4-0 off a crap man-u team ( at home ) has to spell the end for pardew , ashley wont sack him , but maybe we can . i ask the 520000 idiots who were there today , boycott till the end of season . you are doing the club no good by attending games that mean nothing anymore . ok you have maybe bought a season ticket but what would you rather do ??? keep going and stay crap or boycott and give your self a better chance of watching quality football when our owner sells up?

• beermonkey

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:03 AM

small world

may I ask would you be willing to boycott 1 match?

i live in the south its not an option for me, i only ever go to away games, but i love it beer my mates football and more beer, so i get what ur sayin

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Small World

no disrespect mate, I was heading for the younger generation, but if you still attend matches to this day I would be ashamed of you for feeding the cockney tw@t

• stuart no9

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM

small world —– just coz you went to a game in 1973 means jack shite, mine was jackie milburns testamonial , so what?? stop going!

• Toon Tang

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Small World – aye ya not wrong mate, overly predictable from the first whistle. I just don’t get why the staff dont chuck the youth in when the game/season is well and truly over, its a massive kick in the bollocks for arma etc to see strolla wondering on on 85 with an unused sub still to play. Absolute joke eh

• Ciaran

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Beermonkey

I thought it was well received, we managed to raise more than a few smiles as well as get the point across. There should be good coverage in the papers, given than the Independent, The Guardian and The Daily Mail as well as the Chronicle have given it coverage, as well as coverage on BBC Look North means that it hasn’t flown under the radar.

Now we wait and see who gets banned from SJP as a result.

• Small World

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM

@beermonkey I don’t know – maybe only go in late for one match but only in conjunction with everybody else – otherwise it doesn’t make sense :0)

As regards other comments, there needs to be a sense of perspective. I actually go to games to watch a match. Nothing and I mean nothing beats it.

Also giving up a season ticket in an all seater stadium these days means you will never get back together with the crowd around you once you go back.

Also, taking into account the big picture thing Ashley is no worse than most previous chairmen and I’ve managed to live with those buggers and just ignore them. Pardew is one of the poorer managers. We have had poor teams before and piss poor managers but they have never let standards slip to such a point where the team just does not care. Most folks would cut poor players some slack if they gave 100% every week. That is where the real problems lie right now.

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:19 AM

I was born in Newcastle and I bleed black & White, Iv’e been a season ticket holder for 8 years and before that I went every single home game in the past 12 years including cups & Europe.

when the season we came 5th I had major doubts on our performance over the entire season and I knew we were going to be worse so gullible me I decided to wait until the next season after the first few games.

as soon as I went to the first home game after a pathetic transfer window my nightmares become true and I knew we were going to get worse with Pardew, after about 12-15 games I decided enough was enough so I tore up my season ticket which I was still paying for but I couldn’t care any more to me my love and passion for Newcastle was worth more than any amounts of money in the world.

so until MA & AP walk out of my club I will hold to my standards of only watching the games on TV and never return to SJP until them 2 along with the coaches and the others who wipe MA @ss ( except Beardsley 😉 )are out for good.

• Small World

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:23 AM

@Toon Tang – you’re right about the Armstrong situation. For Armstrong think any young player at the club. Pardew could have tried blooding them a few games back when we knew there was absolutely nothing to play for. The crazy thing is we may have achieved the same results and the fans cut him some slack….

To be quite honest seeing the attitude problems of the current 1st team squad, it makes you think what results may have been achieved.

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Small World

I was only a kid at that time with the other managers you witness, so with your knowledge and experience would you say Pardew is the worse manager Newcastle ever had? I mean surely other worse managers never had Pardew’s bad record.

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Small World@27

I think Pardew has lost the dressing room now, the players seem to want to play out this season and hopefully give the fans something back coming at the end, but in a way they can’t really achieve this considering with the style Pardew has them set up as

• beermonkey

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Ciaran

will be interesting to see how the press cover it
    and i am sure by Monday u will all be banned from sjp

small world

i get where ur coming from

• Ciaran

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Anyone else hear about this supposed bust-up that led to Pardew storming out of the stands? I think it’s nonsense but other than a bust up I can’t see any justifiable reason why he didn’t stay until the final whistle.

• joeinthecheapseats

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:29 AM

How are people who go to matches not fans you idiot
    I would love to see Ashley sell up but I would miss the supporting the team by not going

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Ciaran

probably the open top bus will get banned 😉

• Ciaran

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Beermonkey

I don’t give Ashley a single penny out of principle but being officially banned would be satisfying knowing I got under his skin.

If you want to see pictures from the protest, head on to Facebook and check out the Mike Ashley Out page.

• Ciaran

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Black and White

Did you see the weather today? Open-top buses should always be banned in Newcastle! I got bloody soaked! haha

• joeinthecheapseats

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Oh and by the way since the 70’s I have seen a lot worse than this situation

• Small World

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:31 AM

@Black and White with an army lol

I understand your stance, hats off to you… just not one I’d be willing to make. Unfortunately the pathetic transfer window situation could have been predicted. It has been a long time since Ashley let it be known through his mouthpiece at the time (Llambias) that under his ownership that the club must be self financing. The end of this season will see us comfortably in that position and that will allow us to spend a little on players. The possible £30-40 million will still not allow us to compete with others around us or even buy good quality replacements for those who are going to move on.

• beermonkey

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Ciaran

didn’t here anything of a bust up, he prob just left its not like the footie was entertaining

• Ciaran

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Beermonkey

Sounded like a bull internet rumour to me but was just wondering if anyone else had heard about it. Mustn’t be any legs in it.

• beermonkey

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Ciaran

like u say a rumour like the ones that will be in the papers about pards being close to the sack
    we all know it wont happen

but the question is what will it take for him to get the sack