The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Where Exactly Do Newcastle Go From Here?

12:15 am, Sunday, April 6th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 70 Comments

Newcastle were torn apart by Manchester United today, but at least our players put in some effort and energy at St. James’ Park, which was different form last Saturday,  but we were no match for Manchester United and they won 4-0 with four good goals from their point of view.

alan pardew clos-up

Alan Pardew - cannot motivate players

Newcastle do have five good players missing from the side through injury, but the Red devils were short of Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie through injury, and they still made eight changes from the side that drew 1-1 with Bayern Munich in the Champions League last Tuesday night.

Since Alan Pardew was banned for seven games after the events at Hull City, we have played five games, scored only one goal and conceded 12, and we have 3 points from the home win against Crystal Palace, when we scored three  minutes into stoppage time.

So to say the season is falling part is accurate, and we’re just lucky that we amassed 33 points from the first 18 league games of the season, and since then in the 15 league games we have played, we have only 13 points.

At that rate after 30 games we would have been on 26 points – and it’s interesting that Sunderland have 25 points from their 30 league games they have played, and they are bottom of the league and in deep relegation trouble. 7 points from safety, but with three games in hand on 4th bottom Norwich.

One thing that is disturbing is that it seems manager Alan Pardew simply cannot motivate his players, and is certainly not getting the best out of the players he has available.

And when you think this was a season he had to prove his worth after last season’s relegation troubles, he is again not doing well.

There are five games to go, and we just have to hope that Loic Remy is back for the game at Stoke City, and that we can get something out of that game – and even score a goal.

But that’s almost the same stuff we said last week, after we had been humiliated 4-0 at Southampton, and we made the Saints look like world beaters, but they lost 4-1 at Manchester City yesterday.

Newcastle have 13 points from the last 15 games and we look like a team fighting relegation, just like we did last year at this time.

Where we go from here we don’t really know – other than to spend big money in the transfer market this summer and bring in seven very good players – assuming we can get them to the club.

But this season is getting very hard to deal with for Newcastle fans, and to say we are limping over the line is a huge understatement. :(

What do you think?

70 responses so far ↓

• 1 Schwefelberg // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM

You have the Power of Veto!!

Use it!

Ashley has whored the Club at every available opportunity and will keep on this way

• 2 RUNAWAY777 // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM

52,000 mugs still giving there money
    to fat man.

• 3 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Down the table at speed?

• 4 Ciaran // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Blackley

Not getting much traction are we? Seems the protest was a resounding success. Back in your box you petty little man.

• 5 Small World // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Ed – the one thing we do not know, is how much support Pardew actually has from Ashley. Lots of conjecture and speculation – but nobody really knows as Ashley never speaks. I find his attendance at recent games interesting. He may have drawn similar conclusions to most of us.

In the big picture, Ashley is not an innocent party in the whole mess the club finds it self in.
    He however, has little bearing on current the lack of motivation and application of the playing squad. I suspect that this season, 5 minutes after the last ball has been kicked will tell us a lot about Pardew’s future at the club.

With respect to the last day, I am praying that it doesn’t boil down to goal difference. It could end up in a Turkey shoot with Suarez & Sturridge taking turns with the gun. 10-0 anyone?

• 6 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM

after many sh!t/pathetic performances we deserve to be relegated, next season this will happen with Pardew still at the helm then, mark my words

• 7 RUNAWAY777 // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Guess full house of mugs for the next home game will you ever learn

• 8 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Small World

10-0? hope you mean in the first half ;)

• 9 stuart no9 // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:44 AM

where do we go from here ? down . simple as that , come on you so called newcastle fans, stop going , it is your fault we are where we are . you need to realise that as long as you feed the monster , he will never leave , and you will always have a shite team . thank you very much .

• 10 The next Mike Williamson // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Pardew would still be terrible under a dream chairman. We have to get rid of him. He’s been hiding behind Ashley’s budget for too long. And even though we haven’t spent much, he’s still been bought/ loaned some top class players that he just can’t use.

• 11 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:44 AM

RUNAWAY777

don’t worry about it mate, Iv’e already stated that people that go to the match are not fans at all and that it’s also there fault MA & AP are still at the club

• 12 beermonkey // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:47 AM

blackley

has to be the worst excuse ever a midweek game

I have given up reading his drivel it makes me grumpy
    and I aint far away from not watching us

I really would like to watch a toon training session and learn how or what pards does with reguards to setting us up

when he says they tried different things was that gosling

sad thing is after the last couple of games we can all pick the next team, if debuchy is fit santon will go to the left with colo and willo

cisse is looking lively and and confident looking towards next season should we stick with cisse and help him get a couple of goals he is looking close, or do we go back with remy
    I would be inclined to stick with cisse as he looks like he is gonna score, were gonna need goals next season

• 13 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:48 AM

this blog should be reserved for real supporters who have real passion for Newcastle not wannabe’s

• 14 beermonkey // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Ciaran

how was it
    didn’t see u on motd but u did get a mention on football focus

• 15 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:50 AM

we may not be able to get rid of Ashley any time soon but we could easily get rid of Pardew sooner rather than later

• 16 Toon Tang // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM

strolla on after 85 mins is honestly one of the most laughable bits of management ive ever seen in my entire life i kid you not

• 17 Small World // Apr 6, 2014 at 12:57 AM

“I might stalk every blogger on here that attends the match’s and give them nothing but sh!t.”

I guess that includes me. By the way first game was 1973 season, and now it is deemed that I am not a proper supporter and am just a wanabe. I hope you are joking.

The whole club boycott thing is a far tougher route than most suggesting it understand. Last time was 1987-88 and it took the best part of 5 years to get rid of the board

• 18 Small World // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM

@Toon Tang – the scary thing was that the guys around me predicted at half time that it would be Ben Arfa on 60 and Strolla on 85 and we would lose by 3.

If we could predict that, I guess Moyes probably even built it into his team talk before the game. Predictable? you’re telling me. Pardew hasn’t a clue.

• 19 stuart no9 // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM

4-0 off a crap man-u team ( at home ) has to spell the end for pardew , ashley wont sack him , but maybe we can . i ask the 520000 idiots who were there today , boycott till the end of season . you are doing the club no good by attending games that mean nothing anymore . ok you have maybe bought a season ticket but what would you rather do ??? keep going and stay crap or boycott and give your self a better chance of watching quality football when our owner sells up?

• 20 beermonkey // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:03 AM

small world

may I ask would you be willing to boycott 1 match?

i live in the south its not an option for me, i only ever go to away games, but i love it beer my mates football and more beer, so i get what ur sayin

• 21 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Small World

no disrespect mate, I was heading for the younger generation, but if you still attend matches to this day I would be ashamed of you for feeding the cockney tw@t

• 22 stuart no9 // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM

small world —– just coz you went to a game in 1973 means jack shite, mine was jackie milburns testamonial , so what?? stop going!

• 23 Toon Tang // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Small World – aye ya not wrong mate, overly predictable from the first whistle. I just don’t get why the staff dont chuck the youth in when the game/season is well and truly over, its a massive kick in the bollocks for arma etc to see strolla wondering on on 85 with an unused sub still to play. Absolute joke eh

• 24 Ciaran // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Beermonkey

I thought it was well received, we managed to raise more than a few smiles as well as get the point across. There should be good coverage in the papers, given than the Independent, The Guardian and The Daily Mail as well as the Chronicle have given it coverage, as well as coverage on BBC Look North means that it hasn’t flown under the radar.

Now we wait and see who gets banned from SJP as a result.

• 25 Small World // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:17 AM

@beermonkey I don’t know – maybe only go in late for one match but only in conjunction with everybody else – otherwise it doesn’t make sense :0)

As regards other comments, there needs to be a sense of perspective. I actually go to games to watch a match. Nothing and I mean nothing beats it.

Also giving up a season ticket in an all seater stadium these days means you will never get back together with the crowd around you once you go back.

Also, taking into account the big picture thing Ashley is no worse than most previous chairmen and I’ve managed to live with those buggers and just ignore them. Pardew is one of the poorer managers. We have had poor teams before and piss poor managers but they have never let standards slip to such a point where the team just does not care. Most folks would cut poor players some slack if they gave 100% every week. That is where the real problems lie right now.

• 26 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:19 AM

I was born in Newcastle and I bleed black & White, Iv’e been a season ticket holder for 8 years and before that I went every single home game in the past 12 years including cups & Europe.

when the season we came 5th I had major doubts on our performance over the entire season and I knew we were going to be worse so gullible me I decided to wait until the next season after the first few games.

as soon as I went to the first home game after a pathetic transfer window my nightmares become true and I knew we were going to get worse with Pardew, after about 12-15 games I decided enough was enough so I tore up my season ticket which I was still paying for but I couldn’t care any more to me my love and passion for Newcastle was worth more than any amounts of money in the world.

so until MA & AP walk out of my club I will hold to my standards of only watching the games on TV and never return to SJP until them 2 along with the coaches and the others who wipe MA @ss ( except Beardsley ;) )are out for good.

• 27 Small World // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:23 AM

@Toon Tang – you’re right about the Armstrong situation. For Armstrong think any young player at the club. Pardew could have tried blooding them a few games back when we knew there was absolutely nothing to play for. The crazy thing is we may have achieved the same results and the fans cut him some slack….

To be quite honest seeing the attitude problems of the current 1st team squad, it makes you think what results may have been achieved.

• 28 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Small World

I was only a kid at that time with the other managers you witness, so with your knowledge and experience would you say Pardew is the worse manager Newcastle ever had? I mean surely other worse managers never had Pardew’s bad record.

• 29 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Small World@27

I think Pardew has lost the dressing room now, the players seem to want to play out this season and hopefully give the fans something back coming at the end, but in a way they can’t really achieve this considering with the style Pardew has them set up as

• 30 beermonkey // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Ciaran

will be interesting to see how the press cover it
    and i am sure by Monday u will all be banned from sjp

small world

i get where ur coming from

• 31 Ciaran // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Anyone else hear about this supposed bust-up that led to Pardew storming out of the stands? I think it’s nonsense but other than a bust up I can’t see any justifiable reason why he didn’t stay until the final whistle.

• 32 joeinthecheapseats // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:29 AM

How are people who go to matches not fans you idiot
    I would love to see Ashley sell up but I would miss the supporting the team by not going

• 33 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Ciaran

probably the open top bus will get banned ;)

• 34 Ciaran // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Beermonkey

I don’t give Ashley a single penny out of principle but being officially banned would be satisfying knowing I got under his skin.

If you want to see pictures from the protest, head on to Facebook and check out the Mike Ashley Out page.

• 35 Ciaran // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Black and White

Did you see the weather today? Open-top buses should always be banned in Newcastle! I got bloody soaked! haha

• 36 joeinthecheapseats // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Oh and by the way since the 70′s I have seen a lot worse than this situation

• 37 Small World // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:31 AM

@Black and White with an army lol

I understand your stance, hats off to you… just not one I’d be willing to make. Unfortunately the pathetic transfer window situation could have been predicted. It has been a long time since Ashley let it be known through his mouthpiece at the time (Llambias) that under his ownership that the club must be self financing. The end of this season will see us comfortably in that position and that will allow us to spend a little on players. The possible £30-40 million will still not allow us to compete with others around us or even buy good quality replacements for those who are going to move on.

• 38 beermonkey // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Ciaran

didn’t here anything of a bust up, he prob just left its not like the footie was entertaining

• 39 Ciaran // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Beermonkey

Sounded like a bull internet rumour to me but was just wondering if anyone else had heard about it. Mustn’t be any legs in it.

• 40 beermonkey // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Ciaran

like u say a rumour like the ones that will be in the papers about pards being close to the sack
    we all know it wont happen

but the question is what will it take for him to get the sack

• 41 Small World // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:45 AM

@Black and White with an army lol

re worse managers, check out Bill McGarry and Richard Dinnis (who’s qualification was being an ex school teacher). We’ve had some crap in more recent times I guess that Lee, Ardiles, Souness, Guillit and Allardyce take some beating too.

As much as I loved Joe Harvey, Until Kevin Keegan came along we never had a strong manager who would ever stand up to the powers that be. He might be a spoiled kid who throws out his dummies – but he always let John Hall know who should be calling the shots.

He was the teams first Catholic manager, until then we had been as staunchly protestant as Rangers. At one time (before mine) clubs like ours and Aston Villa even had directors picking the team and telling the manager who to play.

Things take a long time to improve at a club. It is clear we’re currently not heading the right way. I don’t see the current situation as a huge disaster – but it’s not much fun treading water and the current lot are a useless bunch who aren’t taking us in the right direction

• 42 beermonkey // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:45 AM

Ciaran

it looks bloody cold
    and its on the mailonline already

• 43 Small World // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:48 AM

@beermonkey

Pardew for the sack? Him sleeping with Ashley’s daughter might help.

More seriously, I wouldn’t like to second guess Ashley – he may already have plans. If so we won’t know until the day it happens. he tends to keep his cards close to his chest.

• 44 Ciaran // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:49 AM

Beermonkey

Nothing breeds solidarity like protesting in the pissing rain together, was a right laugh but I swear Ashley does some sort of rain-dance every time he knows we’re protesting – it’s uncanny.

I firmly believe that both men are in it for the long haul. Pardew is now an extension of Ashley and won’t go until Ashley himself leaves.

• 45 Schwefelberg // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Nice suumary Small World. I didn’t know some of these things.

• 46 beermonkey // Apr 6, 2014 at 1:58 AM

my heart says surly if we lose to stoke he will go
    but my knows we will be starting next season with him leading the team

i just hope he uses the closed season to dream up new excuses
    i will give him one for free

firstly i would like to apologise about the performance its not how i set my teams up but my dog ate my note pad this morning, we trained all week with that note pad and to lose it so close to kick off was a huge blow to the team

• 47 Small World // Apr 6, 2014 at 2:03 AM

@Schwefelberg – I have always tried to tread the line of taking long term perspective into account. I don’t want to appear to be some old fart, who will always say things were better / worse back in the old days.

The concept of the board being totally out of the step with the fans is nothing new. The club was always owned and run for the benefit of a few families. google the name Stan Seymour and you’ll find as much information as you’ll ever need to know.

The religious angle is a strange one. The fans have always come from a diverse background – but the owners didn’t, and although the Halls and Sheperds at one time seemed to be setting up a new family dynasty to run the club – they were certainly a lot more open minded than previous owners. We’ve suffered recently as expectations raised then – have now been dealt a severe blow.

• 48 Blofal // Apr 6, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Alright I’ve had a night to sleep on it…

And im still f3ckin livid. Pardew has got to go!

And Ashley can go buy Rangers and get the f3ck out of our club. Stability is good, but no ambition is a terminal illness.

• 49 andrew84 // Apr 6, 2014 at 2:25 AM

I was furious with a lot of things regarding the game, but just as p155ed off about seeing yet another 50,000+ attendance in the stadium.

These ‘sheep’ are part of the reason Ashley has no plans to sell up, because as far as he’s concerned we’re more than happy to take his sh1te :(

• 50 Hannibal // Apr 6, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Elliot – Backup
    Santon – First Team
    Haidara – Hot Prospect
    Williamson – Backup
    Coloccini – First Team
    Gosling – Backup
    Anita – Backup
    Tiote – First Team
    Gouffran – Back up
    Cisse – First Team
    De Jong – Back up

This was the team today and your calling for AP’s head. REALLY. We didn’t play well admittedly but we weren’t demolished either the simple difference was that they looked like they were going to score and did! and we didn’t. But that team above who started who would you put £10 for first goal scorer. Exactly you’d keep it in your wallet. Face it when the first 11 are all fit and on form were good, can beat anybody. But a drop in form an injury of one of those 11 and were average. So before you call for the managers head look at the facts of what he has to work with.

More worrying for me and this is something I’d blame AP for is I don’t know what are philosophy is. Are we a pass an move 1 touch work it into the box team? A wide team who looks to get wide at all times and whip balls into the box? A counter attacking team with loads of pace but set up well, hard to break down? Long ball team pump it up to the top for on running midfielder s?

This I think along with the lack of real quality of depth in the squad is why we are where we are. The philosophy needs to be bloody obvious to everyone involved in the club so when rotation is needed its easier to come in and play. But at the moment and watching them allot I have no idea what were trying to do. Maybe the team all knows its just really well hidden:)

Personally I’d like to wind back the clock and become that you score 3 we’ll score 4 kind of team gun-ho at home maybe more counter away. Who knows but we need an identity buying new players is a side note to this I think as any player needs to quickly understand what there role is.

• 51 Blofal // Apr 6, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Hannibal your right… and that is exactly why I want Pardew out.

Not only do we not seem to have a style… its even baffling sometimes just trying to work out what formation we are playing.

Pardew tries to be a tactical genius by changing our setup according to our opponent. Nothing wrong with that in theory…

But the truley great teams have a style of playing that suits their players… and force the opposition to play to counter them… not the other way around! Great teams force the game to be played on their own terms. Thats not us.

• 52 Blofal // Apr 6, 2014 at 2:37 AM

And I think thats why KK was so entertaining. He didn’t care what tactics the opposition tried.

We played and we scored. The opposition could either try and stop us scoring… or engage in a shootout. Either way we didn’t pander to them… we played on our terms.

• 53 Ciaran // Apr 6, 2014 at 2:48 AM

First Ted Bundy now this? Think we seriously need to question his sanity.

• 54 theartfuldodger // Apr 6, 2014 at 6:13 AM

So which players turn is it to speak up this week in the press.
    I think it will be Anita or Elliot.

• 55 Go toon gooooo // Apr 6, 2014 at 6:15 AM

FORGET transfer window.ALL you have to do is Alan Pardew out.

• 56 theartfuldodger // Apr 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM

The players brought in havent been told the truth. They have been shown dreams of CL football. Hence the deflated morale. CL was never a target now or in future.
    Ashley and Pardew have manipulated them and will attempt to do the same with Cabella Grenier.

Pardew will never be sacked by Ashley for his pathetic displays. He may be sacked when we are fighting relegation.

• 57 catchy in norway // Apr 6, 2014 at 6:50 AM

idiots out in force again:)

regardless of what of what Ashley is has done to hamper No NUTs pardew , he has not taken one coaching session, given one team talk , or half time team talk, he has not picked any starting line up, so I really do fail to see why Ashley is brought into this part of the argument, AP has a squad of players and it is up to him to get the best out of them based on the tallent they have
    other managers seem to do ok with lesser squads , Everton are flying right now, could even finish 4th

you ever heard this one , you fail to plan , you plan for failure ? that’s exaxctly what pardew did with cabaye , he new he wanted out , we all new , but he new that come jan Cabaye was looking to leave, the guy is a total lunatic and should be no where near a football team ,

there is nothing about our game that suggests we even look like a team other than we wear the same color shirts

Man U beat us 4-0 today , but that was never a 4-0 game , Man U did not look half as good as Southampton did last week , or Everton the week before , it was pardew bugging them up so the defeat was more easy to swallow grrrrr

well the chronicle has a poll , not cleverly worded poll like they and ed normally do, a straight to the point , should newcastle sack Alan pardew , when I voted it was 89% yes

I hope it will be soon

• 58 theartfuldodger // Apr 6, 2014 at 6:52 AM

When cabaye left our mgmt expected us to drop to 9th possibly.
    They did some calculations and said well heres the cabaye profit and here is the place drop loss.

But neither Pardew nor Ashley expected us to drop off this badly specially interms of morale and performance. Its brought a lot of negativity around the club and will affect summer transfers surely.
    It has turned more sour than they expected on paper.

Lastly – Go Stoke ! Take that 10th place ! Give Ashley a kick..

New low where fans cheer opponents.

Last week Pardew went back to basics. This week where ?

• 59 valle // Apr 6, 2014 at 7:02 AM

The whole attitude with “your not a true fan if you do/dont this or think that” is disgusting. We are all fans here, some just have other opinions which should be respected. Personally I agree that AP, MA and half the team should go, but thats because I see us as a top 6 club, making a strong chalenge for top 4 year after year. I would also like to see fans boycutt the games untill something happens, but I would NEVER say to anyone that attended that they werent real fans.

• 60 jazzyp // Apr 6, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Oh my god do people think there judge and jury now.Do you think it is of your opinion only that because you choose to attend matches your a mug…….If the club discust ya that much then f@ck off and support Manure and do us all a favour.
    I go to the matches because of my love for the club-Not for Ashley or my support for Pardew,But to support them through thick and thin.
    So because we were relegated should we all not have boycotted the club to show our distain for the way Ashley had taken us down ??No instead we were still averaging 40+k at every home game.Not real fans ffs

• 61 noladonna // Apr 6, 2014 at 7:29 AM

where do we go from here hmmm interesting as the way i see it the club can’t move forward with pardew in charge 3 years of percy’s so called football is too much for any fan so sad to see the fans in the stadium so quiet

where is the new dof??
    whos gonna sign the players come summer??

• 62 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are going down down down down…

We are gonna burn in h*#$!!

• 63 Dennis Twice // Apr 6, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Out Pardew out, out!

• 64 Slank // Apr 6, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Before the start of the season I thought we would finish in the top 10 possibly 8th and I never thought we would qualify for Europe or be in danger of relegation even if Cabaye had stayed.

My only regrets were poor performances in the cups but these were in keeping with tired performances in the cups over the years, irrespective of who the manager was at the time. Why we are hopeless at domestic cups (in the last 50 years) is a mystery.

Recent performances looks like the players know they are safe from relegation, can’t qualify for Europe, have secured their bonuses and for some keeping injury free for the World Cup whilst others looking at their summer holidays and/or moving on elsewhere.

I watched Saturday’s BBC Football Focus from the Wallsend Boys Club with Pardew extolling the virtues of it and thought he is going to include Armstrong in the starting line-up but alas no. This was the perfect moment to play him. Irrespective of what the score might be it was wasted opportunity.

• 65 Slank // Apr 6, 2014 at 7:54 AM

andrew84 @ 49

It’s the Geordie washing line syndrome.

If they put up a washing line with eleven black and white striped shirts in the centre circle of SJP people would still turn up.

It’s always been this way for years, for better or worse.

• 66 jazzyp // Apr 6, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Slank
    Agree totally mate that the players look like they are sat on a beech somewhere on there jollies, And it was a wasted opportunity to give our youngsters a chance as there is nothing to play for now…..that is obvious.
    But like you say at the beginning of the season most people on here didn’t give us a chance in hell of finishing in the top 10 never mind flirting with Europe.
    Yes a lot of mistakes have been made this season, But we are where most fans expected us to be

• 67 Bambams // Apr 6, 2014 at 7:57 AM

I have lost count of how many drubbings we have had this season. So this can only add fuel to the fire that Pards does owe massive money in gambling debts and his employment is how he pays Ash (presumably Ash gave Lambias the money and paid Pards debt).

I cannot think of ANY other reason that Ashley would keep Pards and not sack him

Think about it, the rumour about the 8 year contract was allegedly given to make any compensation cover the debt if Pards was poached by England or the club bought by a
    new owner .

Dont give me continuity. .. At this rate we will have continuity alright…constant relegations

why else would you keep this inept man

• 68 levithefish // Apr 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I’m sick of the excuses especially before a match it’s ridiculous! Even without certain players our squad is better than a number of teams. You’ve just gotta look at how Pulis or Bruce are doing with smaller squads, mediocre players, injuries yes below us in the league but scoring goals given it a go & no excuses. What’s the point of new players with an inept manager! Pardew out! A new man would breath life into a number of players

• 69 jimmygscot // Apr 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM

No passion in the team this has to be down to player management. AP’s time is now up. get a new manager before the summer.They are showing relegation form and it is embarrasing

• 70 puretoon // Apr 6, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I’m sorry to say this but every single supporter who is still going to the matches warrants everything they get. We were still paying for our season ticket last season and up to Jan this year, went to a couple, but stopped going as couldn’t take anymore. We cancelled EVERYTHING dd’s the lot in Jan and have never regretted it once! my husband has been going for over 62years, yes 62 years boy and man, bleeds black and white, but will NOT bankroll Ashley and wants him out asap-when Ashley goes, so will Pardew et al.

I find there’s a lot of younger fans who still think all is ok and fans who say you’ve got to support the team-why?? they’re just as sick as we are and that old cliche is well worn out.
    Pardew will NOT walk, his narcissistic ego won’t let him. He’s fallen right on his feet here as he knows full well he aint going to be sacked as too much of a yes man, but a lousy manager who has ruined just about every player we’ve got as he doesn’t know how to manage, simple as that.
    We’ve got some Internationally capped players at this club, but you wouldn’t think it as the management can’t coach them right. Under a totally different set up you would see a completely ‘different’ team out there, meaning the same players played right.
    Every club Pardew has been at he’s been sacked. He should never have been brought in here but was very handy for Ashley at the time.
    Ashley isn’t interested in football, let alone nufc. The only thing that interests him is ££££££’s and that’s how he see the players-pound signs running around. Ashley is a very greedy, insecure, horrible person-insecure as he won’t stand any criticism as he can’t take it. Pathetic!

previous post: Mike Ashley Reported Ready To Buy Rangers