Newcastle Fans Split On Lee Charnley Appointment

It seems that Newcastle fans are split down the middle about whether Lee Charnley’s appointment as Newcastle’s new Managing Director  is a good appointment, and the majority think it is not a good appointment.

lee charnley pardew and ashley

Managing Director Lee Charnley is on the left

Here are the results of our poll so far with 54% believing it is not a good appointment.

Is Lee Charnley A Good Appointment At Newcastle?

Loading ... Loading ...

There’s still time to vote – but only one vote per reader – so please get your vote in so we get a good cross section of Newcastle fans.

What was obvious yesterday in the statement released on Lee’s appointment,  is that nothing will be changing much at the club, and Lee reiterated how Newcastle will be run in a fairly strict financial way – and the club will not overpay for players and will not make knee-jerk reactions to events.

Mike Ashley will also be joining the Newcastle Board, and he could possibly become the new Chairman?

• wolfshead@toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM

are pards and charn bullying ash about his size in that pic he doesnt look too happy

• Markaccus

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Tuff

…… because of all the “boo hoo” nonsense you came out with was aimed at people who had left the blog for a while or even permanently due to abuse. Robust debate doesn’t come into it. People on the internet can get down right evil with some comments. It gets out of hand everywhere online, but for some reason football seems to be exempt from reproach because its…..well, because its football. Nobody left because of “robust debate” (whatever you mean by that), they left because of abuse.

This is how you original post came across. Now, if i have misunderstood, i appologise, but it did seem like you thought people should stay and be abused.

And fair play if you have picked out racism et.c in the past. I would not have been so imediately harsh towards you had i seen that. Again, sorry if i have misunderstood you.

• 70TWO

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Lee Charnley wall painter made good, or credible Chief Executive?

Another underwhelming decision from Ashley that was probably the cheapest option. LC will not become credible IMO until he installs a more progressive team manager.

• the truth will out

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM

no two ways empty grounds or demos is the only way to oust this billy dumbs circus

• mag

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Charnleys promotion will spell the end of Pardew at Newcastle United.

• validator

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Wolfshead your one of the best posters on here in your own mind. Go find a job!

• cyprus

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:32 PM

So, Pards has concluded that neither the team nor the squad are good enough. Ok, accepted. But, when exactly will he come up with a team that represents what he has achieved? When will he tactically set up what he has to make them hard to beat, or even compete? We have more internationals than we’ve ever had and they can’t come up with one set play in three years? – That’s an exaggeration: we’ve had like 4 🙂
    How many more years does he need? Or, maybe, he needs the purse of a Man U to blossom? Then, I’m afraid, he ain’t going to make it.
    Do I expect PL football? I hope for it but don’t expect it. I do expect a team that plays good football, a la Southampton and Everton, though. They aren’t exactly giants, are they? How much did Southampton cost to buy? Ans. 22 mil…

• Slank

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM

The appointment of Lee Charnley is good as the club needs a Managing Director, first and foremost.

It is also good as he probably knows more about the operation of the club than anybody else involved with the club. He almost certainly has a good working relationship with all those in the club, and is almost certainly a Newcastle supporter of long standing.

Could the same fans who have been asking for someone who knows about football club management and is also a Newcastle supporter be the ones who have voted ‘no’? Surely not!

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Markaccus
    fair play – hatchet buried

…….. in ya heed.
    (Now then don’t be offended – that was a joke.)

• Markaccus

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Slank

He would be good, for all those reasons you have stated. However, i voted ‘no’ not because of him personally, but because ANY new DoF has to work under Ashlys constraints. I would have voted ‘no’ regardless of who it was.

• Markaccus

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Tuff

it wont do any damage in my heed 😀

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:44 PM

was it Lee who handle the finance to bring in Tiote & Cabaye? also Collo, Willo, Xisco, Luque, Debuchy ect,ect

for me I think MA should do the business, I can’t stand the bloke but he himself bought in Sissoko, Gouffran, MYM, Haidara

• Marktoon

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM

MAOC could you please drive your bus around to SJP, you have now three passengers to collect.

• Black and White with an army lol

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I voted no simply because a Manager should have control of ins & out not any DOF

• MosesNUFC

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM

First job for charnley and ashley to do before July 1st, is to sack pardew and appoint Laudrup…

• Slank

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Markaccus

He is the new MD not the DOF.

Not sure what DOF has to do with it, am I missing something?

• Slank

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Black and White

I agree it should the manager but it will always be subject to the money available.

• Markaccus

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Slank

well whatever his job, he or anyone else will struggle to make any impact under Ashley.

By the way i was not having a pop at you, just sharing my thoughts on the situation 🙂

• martoon

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Markaccus – I see LC as a straight replacement for Llambias i.e. a financial man. The DoF was just a made up job for one of Ashley’s cronies. We don’t need one Carr & his scouting team & Pardew can do the football side so that is why I voted ‘yes’.

• Markaccus

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Martoon.

Yeah i see that now. However, i still dont think anyone working in any role within the cirrent nufc set up can make a difference. Ashley rules with an iron belly!

• Rainrix

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:24 PM

MosesNUFC…. Laudrup left swansea due to disagreements on transfers and he got about 10 of them! He would literally swim back to denmark when he hears about our “one or two a season” policy 🙂

• beermonkey

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Black and White with an army

do you really want pards in charge of transfers

• Thump

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:29 PM

A reclusive yes man who is likely to do even less press work than Llambias did? I have no idea why that would be seen as a good move.

That said, I want him to prove me wrong.

• Ian Toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Rob-Mactoon
    Yours from Saturday evening( got back as early as I could given the gravity of your post- you really are dull and plain boring- just stop trying to give the appearance of being remotely interesting by quoting my name. Is their anything that comes out from you that isn’t a weasel word. Just imagine a compilation of your best posts -LOL.

In short just stop re- writing history and telling other people how to lead their lives, the voices of ordinary fans will not be stifled by a dullard like you. I don’t personally know you but I am assured that your well known to the toon army as a snivelling fair weather wretch of a fan – just what we need when things are not going well! Your not to be trusted with your support of NUFC. Incidentally, so I was wrong some months ago in highlighting the massive drop in sales of The Mag and this is something know being openly acknowledged by Mark. Talk about re-writing history.

As for me being a loon! Come on, be fair, what’s wrong with being a swivel-eyed loon? I love being painted in such a colourful light – maybe that’s where your going wrong.
    HWTL

• Ian Toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Mr Tuff- I will be happy to provide a character reference if required. Mind, you seem to have won on something more than a technical knock out – like taking candy from a baby- boo-hoo!

• toon kk

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

We’ll soon be relegated, next will be the last in the premier league. Then all three northeast clubs will be reunited.
    We can’t continue the way we are, our football is diabolical.
    Why people keep going to SJP is beyond me? The only one having a laugh is MA.

• 70TWO

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM

“The Club has never been in such a stable and healthy financial position, which gives us the best possible platform from which to grow.”

This is what LC said yesterday but there is no indication of an objective, or how the club will be augmented. Other than an emphasis on local youth development there is an aim to ‘generate greater commercial revenue’ and to make the club the ‘best’, classifying that with ‘pound for pound’.

Lets hope that indicates more of a willingness to invest in players that will not only bring success to the club through winning games but also generate a more positive environment within which greater commercial success can be gained.

• wolfshead@toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:52 PM

this mister tuff burying the hatchet with mark

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Ian Toon – afternoon – support from any quarters is always welcome. Please desist from using the term boohoo -unless in extreme circumstances.
    Now that you’ve suddenly re-appeared from your busy schedule -I think it would be apt for you to explain your recent skulduggery. I believe it would also be appropriate now as you have challenged Mactoon on the content of his posts.
    I refer of course to your recent plagiarism of the Metro article. It was spotted by one poster who then provided a link to the original article. Dare I say you were caught well and truly with your pants down.
    Do you think it’s a bit duplicitous challenging Mactoon on his article when you now appear not to write your own material but stoop to plagiarism. Bit naughty methinks

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Ian Toon,
    You don’t even exist, except in your own head, who will provide your character witness, Pushy Pardew or carl ?

• Ian Toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Mr Tuff- I have responded previously. All my own material – I write/ submit for the Metro and others usually under the titled Sports Reporter banner. I don’t have a problem someone else posting under their name because it means they rate the content. I am using the leverage to get some work potentially from the London, Evening Standard. Hope this meets with your approval. Don’t worry it’s only a hobby
    I have a desire to qualify in a very much more worthwhile field than becoming an old hack- I can’t keep up in the drinking stakes.

I wrote occasional articles for WSC when in my first year at Uni as an 18 year old. It helped towards my survival.

We’ve spoken before about people with agendas- I always look at who’s saying what and why they’re saying it.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM

wolfshead – that was a bit extreme – are you suggesting I’m a mad axe murderer. I do not think that is fair and is just invented tosh. Boohooo, boohoo.

Anyway I think you were pretty brave admitting to wearing sarongs – I know worldwide lots of men wear them -far east etc. I suppose it could be a garment that keeps you cool.
    I’ve tried to imagine what your style is -a short sarong or a long one, the material used, the pattern and what accessories you use. Hey presto I think I’ve got a picture of you. I must say you do look charming.

• theartfuldodger

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM

It doesent matter who is on the board. Ashley Carr Charnley Pardew.

Ashleys antics have made it very hard to complete signings and avoid relegation.

• Ian Toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Mr Tuff- The chaff is in danger of clogging the whole medium. Don’t you just hate the tedious repetition, obvious I accuracy and babble of every kind.

j For Ashley- don’t be so defensive.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Ian Toon – I must have missed your previous reply. If the said article was your own work -I obviously withdraw my accusation of plagiarism.

• Ian Toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM

jail – Pushy has just opened another gym in Leeds.

• wolfshead@toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM

tuffers

i find that image deeply disturbing and yet at the same time somewhat alluring i think i might be spending too much time on here

• Ian Toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Jail – I have exaggerated, he has a shareholding interest but the players frequent so it could well be a smart move.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Ian Toon -repetitive posts are indeed boring -if not qualified by a new angle or new information etc. Similar posts from different people are clearly not repetitive as they represent an individual viewpoint. I’m sure those who know the blog well will have their own devices to avoid chaff – or probably more truthfully -the chaff posters.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Ian Loon,
    Being defensive would mean I was being attacked, I wasn’t, just that when I see your snidey Ritalin filled posts it gives me the creeps.