Top Moroccan Play-Maker – Newcastle One Of His Favorite Clubs

24 year-old Younes Belhanda has been capped 23 times by Morocco, and the French-born player played twice for the France U20 side back in 2010, and he has said that Newcastle is one of his favorite clubs.

younes belhanda

Younes Belhanda – Dynamo Kyiv midfielder

Younes is an attacking midfielder who currently plays at Ukrainian club Dynamo Kyiv, and he joined them last summer, after playing for the Montpellier  first team since 2009.

His transfer fee last summer when he joined the Ukrainian club was thought to be around €10M (£8.2M), and he wants to move to England and play in the Premier League at some time in his career.

This is what Younes has said about that:

“How long will I stay at Dynamo? I don’t know. If I have opportunities to go higher, I will seize them.”

“I am dreaming about England. Every player wants to play in England one day. I have to experience that.”

“My favorite club? Arsenal, of course. It is the club of Frenchmen – but Newcastle as well, but they are a step below. Manchester City and Liverpool are exciting too.”

Not too many people would argue that Arsenal are above Newcastle as a club and a team, since the Gunners have finished in the top four in England every year since 1997.

But this year there’s a decent chance Everton could get a Champions League position and pip the London club to a top four place, after they took them apart 3-0 last weekend at Goodison Park.

Younes can play both an attacking and defending role in central midfield, and he has excellent technical skills and  possesses vision, great dribbling and ball control, and intelligent decision-making.

And Belhanda has developed into one of the most exciting play-makers in Europe at the moment, and Newcastle need some creative players brought in over the summer months – that’s definitely a requirement given our lack of scoring goals and creating chances.

While at Montpellier, he played 144 times for the 2012 French Champions, scored 29 goals and had 22 assists, and while at Dynamo Kyiv this season he’s played 25 games with 6 goals and 5 assists.

We’re not sure if Belhanda is on Newcastle’s transfer list for the summer, but this is the caliber of player we have to bring in over the  summer, and he would probably cost around £10M – at least.

What do you think?

• Graeme

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM

The chances of him arriving at SJP are about as likely as Pardew becoming the next England Manager – you just know it isnt going to happen lol.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Graeme…That is a terrible example. Would you really be surprised to see Pardew as England manager one day?

• validator

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM

There’s more chance of the Wolfshead posting something about football worth knowing than him joining.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I don’t read it as him saying we are one of his favourite clubs. He says Arsenal are his favourite club, then qualifies it by saying they are the club of Frenchmen. He then goes on to say but Newcastle as well, meaning they are a club of frenchmen. That is how I take that statement anyway.

• validator

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Pardews chances of being England manager disappeared the moment his daft head connected with Mylers.

• Graeme

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Ibiza – shocked and stunned mate, There is more chance of Gary Megson being appointed before Pardew is interviewd – as validator say, his infamy preceeds him!!

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I thought that Belhanda would be the sort of player that would do well at the Toon -(he’s not hot on tackling though) and that we might have been interested in him. However reality again returned to my head after reading post 3.

• Graeme

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM

If you want England to play fast, attractive, attacking football, the LAST man you would even contemplate for the post would be Pardew. He has proved beyond all doubt that those 3 little words are an oxymoron within his head.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Ibiza – previous post -despite the dictat of 2 players -surely they know we need more than that. I’m guessing we’ll be trying for more than two – and if we do the twisted brains of the hierarchy will expect cheers of appreciation -thus making them the good guys.

• wolfshead@toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM

validator

he may join in the summer and your balls may drop and your voice breaks at the sime time you can only hope cant you son!

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Who is this Backhander Mr. Tuff @7. Can we get him on the cheap? Does he like low wages? Does he work well with pinheads? Does he like hoofball? Fill us in mate.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM

As you all know I have been a strong supporter of our owner Mike NoNuts for ages now. He leads by example. He never flares his nostrils. He has no chest hair from Manly Men Inc. He moves in sophisticated circles (around himself apparently). He loves a good nipple massage. The man is a legend on Tyneside.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Let’s hear it for Mike NoNuts. Huzzah!

• yo-yo

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Whumpie

Your earlier post was spot on imo.
    Dunno why it got ingnored but there is a lot of feuding and WUM-ing going on so must have got missed in the cross fire.

Rotonda

Think you are wrong. I do not believe Pardew is untoucheable. I think he will part company with the club at the end of this season.
    A hammering by the Fools in match 38 might just pull the trigger.
    I don’t share either your analysis of his performance – he has been well and truly Mashed – or your obsession with his failings as life is too short but I’m living in hope that the entire coaching staff replaced as well as half the 1st 11.

Mash is up to something that’s for sure. It’s bound to be a disappointment to us given his attitude to the club – unless he really does try to sell. He’s certainly making enough capital gains on his stock market gambling elsewhere to take a hit on the Toon.

• yo-yo

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Just a thought… but how would Malky Mackay grab your attention as a repalcement for AP ?

He’d be cheap, he has an okay record – about the same as Alan, but runs a fairly tight ship with sides being well organised and ‘playing off the front foot’ when not outclassed by top sides, and not just saying he does.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Excerpts from a letter to Mike from Dekka:
    Hello, how are you?
    Would be good to see you again
    Hello, where are you?
    I’ve been trying to reach you in vain
    The emotion’s written cross my face
    Like no rain drops in a sunny place
    All the people that you knew before
    Don’t seem satisfied any more
    I just contemplate the days we had
    Now the sorrow here and I feel so sad
    All this burning pain so hard to contain
    All my memories on the nowhere train
    Come on Mike bring Dekka back. He misses you. He wants his office and lease car back. Please Mike. Show some mercy (sob).

• Ciaran

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Lilongwe

Yeah that’s how I read that statement as well. Even if he wanted to come to Toon it’s not as if we’d do anything about it

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:18 PM

These are times to show our solidarity with NoNuts. He’s the owner for us. He will lead us to……absolutely nothing! Just think of it. Years of mediocrity. Get rid of that nasty trophy cabinet! It’s just gathering dust and sad memories. Mike is the New Way. The owner of the future. We were lucky enough to have him become attached to our nether regions. Now he will never leave. Sob. 😥

• wolfshead@toon

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM

geordie

i have seen a lot boo hoos and sobs today i think a sniff is more manly mate

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I’m looking forward with great enthusiasm to the NoNut Summer Plan (NNSP). It will keep us on the edge of our seats! Will we find a cheap enough player? Will we manage to actually spend some money? Will we have the wool pulled over our eyes by Pards again? It’s all so exciting. I can hardly wait.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Yes, you’re right wolfie mate. I will sniff as well. A manly sniff of disdain. I sniff at the NoNut Summer Plan. I sniff at Lee Charnley. We are manly, hear us sniff NoNuts.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:31 PM

“All my memories on the nowhere train”. A line from 7 years in hell. A song written and sung by Mike NoNuts.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM

From SmallBerries to NoNuts. My Seven Years on Tyneside. A new fact filled collection of reminiscences by our beloved owner. Available in book stores now.

• validator

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Wolfshead harrumphs all around! Try and say something interesting about football that people understand you soft lad!

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Very valid point validator. I will try to take wolfie to task. Let’s get serious people! Let’s talk exciting footy to come. Stoke. What do we think? Have we got the stones to beat them? Are we full of belief? Comments welcome.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I feel very good about our chances against Stoke. We’ll park the bus. Then we’ll park another bus beside the first bus. Then we’ll hurl insults at their players. Then Willo will hoofball them. It’s our game to lose lads.

• validator

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:48 PM

G2 Wolfshead will be asking the paper boy about football(ha ha)

• 70TWO

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Comprehensive list of First Team Squad (x25) ((plus reserves))

End of contract
    First team (x4) Dan Gosling / Loic Remy / Luuk De Jong / Shola Ameobi
    ((Reserves (x4) Remie Streete / Michael Richardson / Steven Logan / Jon Quinn))

High possibility of being sold (x3)
    Jonas Gutierrez / Hatem Ben Arfa / Gabriel Obertan / ((res. Romain Amalfitano))

Potentially could be sold (x4)
    Tim Krul / Davide Santon / Mathieu Debuchy / Sylvain Marveaux

First team squad (x14)
    Goal keeper (x1) Rob Elliot
    Defence (x6) Fabricio Coloccini / Mike Williamson / Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa / Massadio Haidara / Steven Taylor / Paul Dummett
    Midfield (x4) Moussa Sissoko / Vurnon Anita / Cheick Tiote / Gael Bigirimana
    Striker (x3) Papiss Cisse / Yoan Gouffran / Sammy Ameobi

Returning loanees (x7)
    Midfield (x3) Haris Vuckic / Mehdi Abeid / Shane Ferguson
    Defence (x3) James Tavernier / Curtis Good / Ryan Taylor (injury)
    Attack (x1) Adam Campbell

U21 / Reserves (x2)
    Goal keeper – Jak Alnwick
    Striker – Adam Armstrong

Possible first team players exiting = 11
    Possible first team 2015-16 = 23

New players required = 2 (1 if Strolla’s contract is extended)
    Positions required Goal keeper & ???
    Nb. In the past few windows we keep getting linked to keepers.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Wolfie is up to something validator. I can tell. He’s laying low right now but keep your eye on him mate. He has cunning plans.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:56 PM

GT… Whoa-oa-oa! You feel good, you knew that you would, now!
    You feel good, you knew that you would, now
    So good, so good, you got you

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:57 PM

That leaves us with quite a powerful side there 70TWO. What are people worried about? What me worry? Absolutely not. Faith in NoNuts. That’s what it takes mate. Moving forward to a fantastic future with NoNuts.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:58 PM

G2 – I thought we might have been after Belhanda last year -fell for the Toon blarney -again. Think I did a bit of a profile on him back then. He can certainly play football AND can make the “killer pass”. Most reports suggest he does not like the roughstuff/tackling. I’m surprised he went to Kiev last year -reports suggest his pay is 2.2 million Euros per year. I suppose -yet again his availability will depend what is in his contract and how much Kiev want. Might make him out of our price range.
    However- he can play football -sometimes has discipline “events” but I would take him straight away. However, taking somebody like him plus one other (to take up the prosed two purchases) in reality what would be the point if the rest of the team is not good enough -his time here and everybody else’s would be wasted.

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:01 PM

You know that’s a beautiful sentiment jesper mate! Ta very much. I do feel good. I have my faith in NoNuts to carry me forward. I know we are moving on to a better place. A place of happiness and peace. A place full of SD signs and posters. I’m moving toward the light now! Beautiful.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

But Senor Tuff…will he defend? And will he play LB if needed 😉

…and is he willing to Benny’ place and except all blame? These are important questions and they need to be answered 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM

*take

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Spot on Mr. Tuff mate. I can’t see him wanting to come to us. We aspire to the NoNut philosophy of mediocrity through lack of transfer activity. It’s going to be all the rage.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Sorry, had to run out earlier, but you can all relax now, I’m back. Phew…

Tuff…He can play football? Is that really necessary?

G2…Did smallberries remarry into nonuts?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM

So Smallberries are NoNuts now? 😉

• Average_Contents

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Scamming away supporters now! How embarrassing! fat cnut!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Ibiza…at your age when you have to go you have to go 😉

1 2 3 5