The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Not Much Chance Of A Result At Stoke City

4:04 pm, Friday, April 11th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 101 Comments

As we said yesterday – after listening to Alan Pardew’s press conference yesterday we were more convinced than ever that we will be hard pressed to even get a draw – and of course it didn’t help that Loic Remy is again not fit – although he’s back in training and should be available for the home game against Swansea a week tomorrow.

loic remy norwich

Loic Remy – in action against Norwich City

Here’s some of that Alan Pardew said yesterday during his press conference for the tough game for us:

“I think pressure on any squad has to be channeled in the right way.” “We’ve got to channel that pressure that’s on us into a performance, and that’s something that we’ve done well at this football club in the past.”

“We’ve had a lot of pressure on us in different circumstances and we’ve dealt well with it, particularly since I’ve been here, so I’m very confident that these players can deal with that pressure.”

“I think this is a tough game for us this weekend on the back of the results we’ve had, but we’re going to have to face it full on.”  “The crowd are terrific for Stoke, and they have been through the Tony Pulis years and now with Mark, so it’s a difficult environment,”

“They’ve mixed their game up, changed the way they play a little – for the better if I’m honest. It seems to suit the players they have at the moment and it’s a difficult game for us.”

And in our poll about three in four fans think we’ll lose the game tomorrow, and if we do then that will be five defeats in the last six games, which is simply a terrible record.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Stoke?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

We hope the lads can shock us tomorrow and get something out of this game and give us all something to cheer about.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

101 responses so far ↓

• 1 Graeme // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:11 PM

If only a defeat would result in the Illustrious Owner falling on his sword, selling up and moving out – it would be a fantastic result!!

• 2 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

And it is not because we are missing Remy!

…it might not help, but our problem is entirely different! There is no easy fix, but I know where we could start ;)

• 3 roblee7 // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:15 PM

“we’ve dealt well with it, particularly since I’ve been here” Nearly choked on my Jammy Dodger!!

• 4 roblee7 // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:15 PM

more self-praise….the most deluded person in football of all time?

• 5 Ciaran // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Don’t know why but I think we’ll come out of this game with a point.

Even if we came out with 3 points or 0 points it doesn’t really matter though does it?

This season is over, roll on the summer so the next stage of ‘development’ can begin.

• 6 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM

The last three games 11 goals conceded and no goals scored.

• 7 Ciaran // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Also anyone else read George Caulkin’s piece explaining the newest recruit in Ashley’s portfolio of Yes-Men? A certain Keith Bishop @bishopofsoho is a PR guru of sorts who specialises in ‘celebrity crisis management’

Why would a football club need to hire a PR man to deal with crisis management? You would need to be either so inept at what you do, or deliberately orchestrating situations which need to be managed.

The fact that Ashley put more effort into hiring a spin-doctor than he has done in hiring either our football manager or a Director of Football goes to show you where Ashley’s priorities lie.

• 8 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Ruddy…no it doesn’t really matter mate :(

• 9 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Maybe bishop is going to manage the team because they’re in crisis.

• 10 Ciaran // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Jesper

I’ve gotten to the point where I might stop watching between now and the end of the season simply because it’s of no relevance any more.

I will be watching the summer very closely, seeing who comes in and who comes out. I have a feeling it may be entertaining but more in the sense of a car accident you can’t take your eyes off kind of entertaining.

Morbid, but it is how I feel about things.

• 11 toon kk // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Ciaran
    don’t get to excited about next seasons developments
    we’ll struggle again it’s just how NUFC works. The threat of relegation is always looming while we’re so unstable under Mash.

• 12 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Ruddy…welcome to my wold!

I haven’t been watching us since January! It was my revolt :)

• 13 Bambams // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:31 PM

If we lose 2 or 3 they will need to be replaced as well as bringing in the 2 we need.
    Pardew comment on newsnownewcastle.

can see hba mym taylor santon krul marv all possibilities in leaving. Too many for one team and just shows we missed out by adding a couple in jan which would have been so much better.
    imo

• 14 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:31 PM

It makes no difference who comes in the summer as long as Pardews here the club will continue to struggle.

• 15 roblee7 // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:32 PM

I can sense 0-0 tomorrow. And if not, 3-0 to Stoke, hope I’m wrong, just can’t see any goals being scored. Here’s the team I’d go with tomorrow:

Elliott

Dummett Williamson Streete Haidara

Ben Arfa Gosling Bigirimana Marveaux

Armstrong De Jong

All players that would benefit from the experience and a few others to prove if they should be kept or not, a last chance if you like. Seriously though, why the hell not? I’d give De Jong tomorrow as last chance and I’d tell him this before he plays to see if it gets a reaction, then play Ben Arfa or Gouffran up fornt for the rest of the games with Armstrong if De Jong is crap yet again. Why this hasn’t already been done I don’t know, but would show Pardew has some balls for once, but it won’t happen. NUFC must be one of the only clubs where you can play horrendous week in week out and never get dropped

• 16 roblee7 // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:34 PM

And I know Dummett hasn’t been great either but any games is good for his experience, he’s still a young lad

• 17 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:35 PM

A practical manager would prepare for player sales and act accordingly but practicality and Pardew don’t mix.

• 18 roblee7 // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Actually, lets throw Olivier Kemen and Kevin Mbabu in to the line up too :)

• 19 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Cabaye made his intentions known at the beginning of the season about leaving and yet old Pardew still didn’t make any plans for a replacement.

• 20 lesh // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I’m astonished that both Pardew and particularly Ashley can appear to be so relaxed about our inability to even play as though we want points on the board.

With each position being worth about a million quid, the difference between 10th and sixth or seventh is something like £3m to £4m.

Now if any of us couldn’t motivate staff to work hard to maximise income, I’m sure we’d be sacked. I’m sure that would apply in Sports Direct too.

Just what the hell’s protecting our manager and coaches?

• 21 Graeme // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Some stats on NUFC:-
    Newcastle have picked up just 13 points from 15 games since thrashing Stoke on Boxing Day (W4, D1, L10).
    The Magpies have drawn just one of their last 17 league matches and only four all season. Only Fulham (three) have drawn fewer.
    Only the bottom four have conceded more goals than Newcastle (48).
    They have failed to score in 11 of their last 15 league games.
    Alan Pardew’s side have scored only one goal in the 10 league matches that Loic Remy has missed this season.
    Newcastle have scored a mere two goals at home in the league in 2014 – Sunderland have the next lowest total with four.

It makes for grim reading Mr Pardew!!!

• 22 toon kk // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM

It doesn’t matter what team we put out we’ll still get hammered, we have no goalscorer, no creative mid field, badly lack pace , confidence is low and of course Pardew.
    plus with the squad thinking there on holiday doesn’t help.

• 23 roblee7 // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM

toon kk…thats why i’d play the team above. I reckon we’ll more than likely get beat anyway so may as well use the games for something good in the long-term. I personally don’t care anymore about the results!

• 24 toon kk // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Mag
    cabaye made his intentions known, how could Pards do anything about it? Mash makes the decisions.

• 25 lesh // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Graeme.. Those stats are appalling.

What has Pardew got to do to get the boot?

• 26 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Anyone like a Hotdog?

What’s a perfect Hotdog in your world?

Here is mine:

Homemade bread of spelled flour
    Grilled sausage made of alot of meat
    French Yellow Mustard
    Beauvais ketchup
    Both raw and roasted onions (sliced)
    Pickled cucumbers

Enjoy! :D

• 27 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:54 PM

It’s Hotdog time ;) (and Miller time) lol

• 28 Graeme // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Jesper, sorry mate, but it has to be proper English Mustard. French Mustard is a bit like the French themselves – quite insipid lol

• 29 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Graeme…I am talking about the Yellow one – the American one you know :)

…where do you stand on ketchup? any favorite?

• 30 lesh // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Jesper.

I’m on the plane now and look forward to one of your hotdogs in about two hours.

What’s your house number?

:D

• 31 Graeme // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:15 PM

American, French – ho hum lol pretty much of a muchness, not to my taste at all, very bland.
    Ketchup, not really fussed – Heinz is fine for chips, but I would sooner have a good chutney or pickle instead; Chilli & Red Pepper for example

• 32 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Think tomorrow is going to be the first game I have missed this season as I just can’t face any more this season !!

Would love it if Pardew would experiment and try the youngsters and the likes of Marveux and Arfa in different positions .. we have been getting pumped every week so where is the harm??!?!?

• 33 Online Guy // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM

BAD NEWS LADS N’ LASSES ; exclusive.

This has nothing to do with my Q&A that is on going
    I should have answers for all that next week.

This was a separate enquiry to the Club, 2 weeks back ,
    I will cut and paste it and it will appear below exactly as I received it in an email..

As a supporter of long standing, I am worried that the lease hold sale of Land at Strawberry place will stop any future expansion of the football ground..Is that the case ?, and has any one, or body, bought it as to date ? all best,

Hi there,

Whilst we cannot comment on the sale, the Gallowgate End of the ground cannot have further expansion due to the Metro system.

Kind regards,

Jan

NUFC

• 34 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM

There are Lasses here?

Hello :)

• 35 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Just had to Turn my TV off

They were showing that Magazine show where they show goals from weekend matches.

Under Ashley and Pardew we don’t contribute to those anymore.

• 36 Graeme // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Online, I would suggest that answer is nothing more than convenience. I am not a Civil or Structural Engineer, but have worked on some seriously complex Civil’s projects, all over the world, as an E&M Engineer.
    To spread the load to avoid overloading the Metro Station or tunnel would not be that difficult to design I would suggest. It just needs will power and a good design.

• 37 santonthenewmaldini // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Any of you seen this ?? What a team that would have been!!

• 38 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM

lesh…where are you flying from mate?

…It’s #11 ;) lol

• 39 Average_Contents // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Anyone know if the metro was there before we bought the lease for the land? If so what was the point in buying the lease! Must of been for a reason

• 40 Mister Tuff // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM

When we get walloped tomorrow it will be our sixth consecutive defeat. I don’t know if any PL manager has ever survived such a run, perhaps those who who all the stats might have an idea.

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Graeme…I’ll do the design ;)

• 42 Mag52 // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Lesh@20 & 25
    I suspect they’re relaxed as the target set at the start of the season was a tenth place finish. Anything better than this, and they’re quids in.
    Regarding the goal scoring (or not scoring), with Remy still out “injured” and Cabaye at PSG, Cisse still in the midst of a scoring crisis (although to be fair, he’s had a bit of bad luck) and De Jong in pretty well the same boat, NUFC are short of goal scorers at the moment.
    A replacement for Cabaye and someone like Shane Long purchased in the January window could have made such a difference to our end of season, but that, of course, would have meant Ashley dipping in to the money he got for Cabaye, and we couldn’t have that could we.

• 43 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Can’t see us scoring? Can anyone of you

• 44 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:54 PM

AC….maybe NUFC wanted to own property, Casino or Hotels?

• 45 Online Guy // Apr 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Graeme

I got the impression that the answer was just off the cuff. not flippant, but you know where I’m coming from ..

Early door’s I was involved in Civil Engineering.. I think it could be done , I’v actually seen Plans and an artists impression of what it would look like if extended ..it was Sir John Hall and Freddie Shepherd that had those plans drawn up ..they actually exist ..so it must be possible because the former Hierarchy commissioned those plans as a serious Construction project. and I’v seen what was done at Old Trafford and they had very little room to do it, and the road remains, and runs under the stand.

Agree with you on this Graeme.

• 46 Graeme // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Online, the road is a trivial matter to be honest, but it makes an easy excuse; It could easily be diverted, a podium built over it; a Tunnel installed to divert it under the stadium.

Jesper, get your pencil sharpened mate!!

• 47 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Surely its easier to build up not out and where are all these extra supporters going to come from?

• 48 Mister Tuff // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:07 PM

St James’ station was opened in 1982. The Toon announced their Gallowgate development plans in 2007. So presumably one would think the station was not an insurmountable problem – otherwise the plans would have “bombed” at an early stage.
    St James is a terminus station so you would think there would be no great problems closing it down, temporarily.
    I think probably the cost was too high -as opposed to the fact that nothing could be built over the station.
    Despite what OG has been told that the problem is the station – I would hazard a guess that it is the increased costs (as opposed to the station itself being the problem).

• 49 Mister Tuff // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I posted the other week photos of Athletico Madrids ground with a 4 lane motorway underneath and pics of PSG’s ground with a TEN lane motorway underneath.

• 50 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Senor Tuff…I think you might be right there

• 51 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Why would the stadium capacity be expanded when the team is rubbish?

• 52 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Jack Colback is joining in the summer.

• 53 eric // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM

A football manager would be nice.

• 54 Rotonda heights // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:23 PM

colback – super exciting

• 55 Rotonda heights // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Graeme

Pardew does seem to like setting records. Sadly all for the wrong reasons!!

• 56 Rotonda heights // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:39 PM

roblee

I think we do actually seem to have some promising youngsters, ie Armtrong, Kemen, M’Babu, Bigirama, Haidara etc

I’m just worried sick they all won’t hit anything like true potential unless we get a proper manager and coaches.

• 57 Average_Contents // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Ok that seems to of put the clubs argument regarding expansion to bed

More bullshit!

How many manager’s would of survived the abysmal records the puppet has broken whilst here? None that I can think of! He then has the audacity to say our team deal well with pressure since he’s been here! Fcuk me he has to be the, if not one of the most deluded individual’s to ever grace the game of football, or the human race for that matter!

• 58 Online Guy // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM

John Jo Shelvey anyone ? He’s been mentioned to me today from a good contact/mate.

• 59 Online Guy // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Mag . Iv heard it said that your a Blunderland fan , is that correct ?

• 60 toon kk // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM

In Pardews interviews you can tell by his body language he knows for a fact we’re going to get hammered, he talks the talk as if he knows the team aren’t going to give 100% before a ball is kicked.

• 61 Average_Contents // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Online

I’d take jj mate, I think he’s a tidy player with potential to be real quality player which is,something we’ve been missing for awhile now

• 62 Online Guy // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Tuff,

will have another answer on the ground situation next week ..It might be explained a tad better than the email I received .. If the explanation had gave more detail, I would have been of the opinion that plenty thought had went into the answer ,,but it did not , and I think there is more to tell , and for me to find out .

• 63 Online Guy // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Average_Contents

JJ’s a good player and young enough.

• 64 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 6:58 PM

On line I’ve heard your a windup merchant propagating fantastic stories of clandestine meetings with Ashley.

• 65 Rotonda heights // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM

shelvey’s not a bad shout

• 66 Online Guy // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM

HI Mag,

I will answer you…I could not use it as a wind up. That would be juvenile ,. its on the level mate. No problem , be good.

• 67 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Colbacks turned down a new contract offer.

• 68 Rotonda heights // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:04 PM

mag

not sure what OG has got to gain by lying about it really

• 69 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:05 PM

So you have Ashleys confidence online?

• 70 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Ed you should re-title to “not much chance of a result at Stoke City with Pardew in charge” .

If we played :

————————–Krul——————————

–Santon——–Willo——–M’biwa——–Haidara–

———–Tiote————————–Anita————

—HBA—————Marveaux————–Sammy—

————————Gouffran—————————-

We may have a chance .

• 71 Rotonda heights // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:09 PM

i guess the unsackable one get s away with it as no one dares to ask any loaded questions.

• 72 welshgeordie9 // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Why the hell have we been linked with so many players, this season hasn’t even finished yet

Good evening mag

• 73 Online Guy // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:11 PM

North east football phone in tune in now

KOAST RADIO

Morpeth – http://www.koastradio.co.uk

COMMUNITY VOICE FM

Middlesbrough – 104.5FM

mostly Newcastle , Su*derland patter. also tune in on line.

• 74 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Rotonda so Ashley will talk to online yet ignores the media strange. Welshgeordie ok.

• 75 welshgeordie9 // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I’m going for a 1-0 win for the toon tomorrow with cisse scoring

What do you lot think will happen

• 76 mag // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Stoke to win 2-1

• 77 welshgeordie9 // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:38 PM

So we are looking to bring in at least 5 players in the summer yeah right, the day that happens people like manxpie, ciaran, Jeff and Belfast will have a sense of humour.

• 78 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 11, 2014 at 7:48 PM

——————————–Ba——————————

Bench: Elliot,Santon,Willo,Anita,Marv,Gouff,Cisse

Out: Collo,Obertan,Gosling,Guti,Shola,De Jong,Remy

In: Caulker,Cabella,Grenier,Marin,Ba

Squad fillers : Rivierre,Colback

• 80 Thump // Apr 11, 2014 at 8:00 PM

We’re going to get slaughtered. If it meant Pardew would be sacked, I’d almost welcome it…

• 81 Magpies4Life // Apr 11, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Enough with this negativity nonsense. We have the Stoke and Sunderland fans for that. HWTL!!!

• 82 Graeme // Apr 11, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Thump @ 79 – almost every fan would agree with that sentiment mate – but the Illustrious Owner selling up and shipping out would be an even better scenario I would suggest!!!

• 83 jazzyp // Apr 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Welsh
    Make that 6 mate. Krull to Milan for £10 mill

• 84 stuart no9 // Apr 11, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Just brought my dad back home from a holiday , staying with us in lincoln . Staying the night In the Vermont hotel on the quayside . Just decided to have a glass of wine in the room looking out out the window with a magnificent view of the bridges . What a view . People getting primed for a session in the town , stag nights and hen nights getting ready to get hammered . The atmosphere in the hotel is buzzing . In a few hours time the place will be heaving . What more could you want ? Nowt really , nowt except what this part of the world craves , what this place needs and what this place deserves , a football team. This is the Madrid of Engkand The place where an owner of nufc would be an instant hero if only he had a little but of passion for this Great city and give the locals what they used to have , but gradually disappeared into oblivion – excitement . Our owner has killed this city , coz quite simply football was what Newcastle United was all about . Ok we never won much , but their was always hope that next season would be the year to win the cup or a push for the league , not that we would win it , but the hope and the excitment was there . Now ? What’s the point of even trying to get excited ? It’s not going to happen , they have even as much as said that . A future of nothing lies ahead , and when you look around this city , it is simply unbelievable that no one wants to take a punt with our football club and turn us into Madrid United . It could be done so easily , everything is in place .. Off out now to forget about football .

• 85 Graeme // Apr 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Stuart No9 – nice sentiments mate, enjoy your night out in toon!!

• 86 stuart no9 // Apr 11, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Graham —will do fella , been about 2 months since my last bash in the toon , have to make the most of it eh ?

• 87 lesh // Apr 11, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I really can’t understand Pardew’s concerns that Remy, Debuchy and Sissoko may be unfit when the World Cup nears.

If he is such a good man-manager, he would equate our recent lack of owner desire for success with player demotivation.

When people see no future for them with their employer, sickness levels go through the roof.

Of course the three are focussed on the World Cup, there’s nowt for them to achieve at Newcastle United.

It must have occurred to Pardew and Ashley that our fame must be spreading far and wide: fame as a club that’s got as much ambition as a cow patt.

=[

• 88 lesh // Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Has the blog gone dead or is my Mickey Mouse phone bored?

• 89 jazzyp // Apr 11, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Lesh
    Its been like this mate all week

• 90 stuart no9 // Apr 11, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Lesh — unless everyone has gone to church tonight , to prey for a miracle . Miracles do happen !

• 91 jazzyp // Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Stuart no9
    Thought ya was off out to powder ya nose mate lol

• 92 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Pardew has made everything about Newcastle boring for me :(

• 93 stuart no9 // Apr 11, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Jazzy — thought me and the mrs would finish the bottle first . But we are deff out in 1 min . Have a gud un .

• 94 jazzyp // Apr 11, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Stuart no9
    You 2 mate

• 95 wolfshead@toon // Apr 11, 2014 at 9:47 PM

papa
    demba isnt coming back so get over it i know i have :-(

• 96 Marty-Toon // Apr 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM

@ big papiss
    Why do you even bother doing that to yourself?
    Guessing the team for next year and putting your hopes up.
    Haven’t you been disappointed many times over just like the rest of us?

• 97 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 11, 2014 at 10:21 PM

BPC…start going through the youth team and add names to your lineup ;)

…and add Shola cause we all know he will get an extension! The worse part is that we will only bring in 2 maybe 3 players top so forget about any of the fringe players leaving :(

• 98 Average_Contents // Apr 11, 2014 at 10:33 PM

I’m afraid disappointment is now ingrained into every fan of NUFC, it’s quite scary to think what the next generation of fans are going to see as success and the norm!

Spreadsheets, check!

Mediocrity, check!

Top 10, check!

Poor management appointments, check!

Bargain basement buys, check!

Lack of investment, check!

No interest in domestic cups, check!

An apt description of NUFC at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

At least my son will know what we once stood for, strived for and nearly achieved! The heroes who have graced SJP and gave everything for the team, for the fans and for the city.

At least he can’t take that away

• 99 Blackley and Brownlie // Apr 11, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Just dipped in before getting dragged off to bed.

Channelling the pressure is something we’ve done well at this football club especially since Pardew’s been here. OMG! Does this bloke ever get sick of spinning shite? I’ve never known anyone so full of himself and in so much denial – except ciaran of course.

• 100 jimiley // Apr 11, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Even the Ashley and Pardew apologists have fallen silent. We are all agreed that the ownership and management is crap. Why are the deadbeat fans in the stadium silent about the crap owner and management? What does it take them to speak out. Our supporters are total mugs.

• 101 Marty-Toon // Apr 11, 2014 at 11:33 PM

I reckon that after we go 2/3 down in our next home game the fans will leave the stadium early in their thousands,we are probably in for another 4/5 defeats in a row so the fans will not be upbeat by the end of the season

previous post: These Three Players Fighting For Their Futures At Newcastle