Not Much Chance Of A Result At Stoke City

As we said yesterday – after listening to Alan Pardew’s press conference yesterday we were more convinced than ever that we will be hard pressed to even get a draw – and of course it didn’t help that Loic Remy is again not fit – although he’s back in training and should be available for the home game against Swansea a week tomorrow.

loic remy norwich

Loic Remy – in action against Norwich City

Here’s some of that Alan Pardew said yesterday during his press conference for the tough game for us:

“I think pressure on any squad has to be channeled in the right way.” “We’ve got to channel that pressure that’s on us into a performance, and that’s something that we’ve done well at this football club in the past.”

“We’ve had a lot of pressure on us in different circumstances and we’ve dealt well with it, particularly since I’ve been here, so I’m very confident that these players can deal with that pressure.”

“I think this is a tough game for us this weekend on the back of the results we’ve had, but we’re going to have to face it full on.”  “The crowd are terrific for Stoke, and they have been through the Tony Pulis years and now with Mark, so it’s a difficult environment,”

“They’ve mixed their game up, changed the way they play a little – for the better if I’m honest. It seems to suit the players they have at the moment and it’s a difficult game for us.”

And in our poll about three in four fans think we’ll lose the game tomorrow, and if we do then that will be five defeats in the last six games, which is simply a terrible record.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Stoke?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

We hope the lads can shock us tomorrow and get something out of this game and give us all something to cheer about.

• Graeme

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:11 PM

If only a defeat would result in the Illustrious Owner falling on his sword, selling up and moving out – it would be a fantastic result!!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

And it is not because we are missing Remy!

…it might not help, but our problem is entirely different! There is no easy fix, but I know where we could start 😉

• roblee7

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:15 PM

“we’ve dealt well with it, particularly since I’ve been here” Nearly choked on my Jammy Dodger!!

• roblee7

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:15 PM

more self-praise….the most deluded person in football of all time?

• Ciaran

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Don’t know why but I think we’ll come out of this game with a point.

Even if we came out with 3 points or 0 points it doesn’t really matter though does it?

This season is over, roll on the summer so the next stage of ‘development’ can begin.

• mag

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM

The last three games 11 goals conceded and no goals scored.

• Ciaran

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Also anyone else read George Caulkin’s piece explaining the newest recruit in Ashley’s portfolio of Yes-Men? A certain Keith Bishop @bishopofsoho is a PR guru of sorts who specialises in ‘celebrity crisis management’

Why would a football club need to hire a PR man to deal with crisis management? You would need to be either so inept at what you do, or deliberately orchestrating situations which need to be managed.

The fact that Ashley put more effort into hiring a spin-doctor than he has done in hiring either our football manager or a Director of Football goes to show you where Ashley’s priorities lie.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Ruddy…no it doesn’t really matter mate 🙁

• mag

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Maybe bishop is going to manage the team because they’re in crisis.

• Ciaran

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Jesper

I’ve gotten to the point where I might stop watching between now and the end of the season simply because it’s of no relevance any more.

I will be watching the summer very closely, seeing who comes in and who comes out. I have a feeling it may be entertaining but more in the sense of a car accident you can’t take your eyes off kind of entertaining.

Morbid, but it is how I feel about things.

• toon kk

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Ciaran
    don’t get to excited about next seasons developments
    we’ll struggle again it’s just how NUFC works. The threat of relegation is always looming while we’re so unstable under Mash.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Ruddy…welcome to my wold!

I haven’t been watching us since January! It was my revolt 🙂

• Bambams

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:31 PM

If we lose 2 or 3 they will need to be replaced as well as bringing in the 2 we need.
    Pardew comment on newsnownewcastle.

can see hba mym taylor santon krul marv all possibilities in leaving. Too many for one team and just shows we missed out by adding a couple in jan which would have been so much better.
    imo

• mag

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:31 PM

It makes no difference who comes in the summer as long as Pardews here the club will continue to struggle.

• roblee7

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:32 PM

I can sense 0-0 tomorrow. And if not, 3-0 to Stoke, hope I’m wrong, just can’t see any goals being scored. Here’s the team I’d go with tomorrow:

Elliott

Dummett Williamson Streete Haidara

Ben Arfa Gosling Bigirimana Marveaux

Armstrong De Jong

All players that would benefit from the experience and a few others to prove if they should be kept or not, a last chance if you like. Seriously though, why the hell not? I’d give De Jong tomorrow as last chance and I’d tell him this before he plays to see if it gets a reaction, then play Ben Arfa or Gouffran up fornt for the rest of the games with Armstrong if De Jong is crap yet again. Why this hasn’t already been done I don’t know, but would show Pardew has some balls for once, but it won’t happen. NUFC must be one of the only clubs where you can play horrendous week in week out and never get dropped

• roblee7

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:34 PM

And I know Dummett hasn’t been great either but any games is good for his experience, he’s still a young lad

• mag

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:35 PM

A practical manager would prepare for player sales and act accordingly but practicality and Pardew don’t mix.

• roblee7

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Actually, lets throw Olivier Kemen and Kevin Mbabu in to the line up too 🙂

• mag

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Cabaye made his intentions known at the beginning of the season about leaving and yet old Pardew still didn’t make any plans for a replacement.

• lesh

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I’m astonished that both Pardew and particularly Ashley can appear to be so relaxed about our inability to even play as though we want points on the board.

With each position being worth about a million quid, the difference between 10th and sixth or seventh is something like £3m to £4m.

Now if any of us couldn’t motivate staff to work hard to maximise income, I’m sure we’d be sacked. I’m sure that would apply in Sports Direct too.

Just what the hell’s protecting our manager and coaches?

• Graeme

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Some stats on NUFC:-
    Newcastle have picked up just 13 points from 15 games since thrashing Stoke on Boxing Day (W4, D1, L10).
    The Magpies have drawn just one of their last 17 league matches and only four all season. Only Fulham (three) have drawn fewer.
    Only the bottom four have conceded more goals than Newcastle (48).
    They have failed to score in 11 of their last 15 league games.
    Alan Pardew’s side have scored only one goal in the 10 league matches that Loic Remy has missed this season.
    Newcastle have scored a mere two goals at home in the league in 2014 – Sunderland have the next lowest total with four.

It makes for grim reading Mr Pardew!!!

• toon kk

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM

It doesn’t matter what team we put out we’ll still get hammered, we have no goalscorer, no creative mid field, badly lack pace , confidence is low and of course Pardew.
    plus with the squad thinking there on holiday doesn’t help.

• roblee7

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM

toon kk…thats why i’d play the team above. I reckon we’ll more than likely get beat anyway so may as well use the games for something good in the long-term. I personally don’t care anymore about the results!

• toon kk

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Mag
    cabaye made his intentions known, how could Pards do anything about it? Mash makes the decisions.

• lesh

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Graeme.. Those stats are appalling.

What has Pardew got to do to get the boot?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Anyone like a Hotdog?

What’s a perfect Hotdog in your world?

Here is mine:

Homemade bread of spelled flour
    Grilled sausage made of alot of meat
    French Yellow Mustard
    Beauvais ketchup
    Both raw and roasted onions (sliced)
    Pickled cucumbers

Enjoy! 😀

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:54 PM

It’s Hotdog time 😉 (and Miller time) lol

• Graeme

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Jesper, sorry mate, but it has to be proper English Mustard. French Mustard is a bit like the French themselves – quite insipid lol

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Graeme…I am talking about the Yellow one – the American one you know 🙂

…where do you stand on ketchup? any favorite?

• lesh

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Jesper.

I’m on the plane now and look forward to one of your hotdogs in about two hours.

What’s your house number?

😀

• Graeme

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:15 PM

American, French – ho hum lol pretty much of a muchness, not to my taste at all, very bland.
    Ketchup, not really fussed – Heinz is fine for chips, but I would sooner have a good chutney or pickle instead; Chilli & Red Pepper for example

• santonthenewmaldini

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Think tomorrow is going to be the first game I have missed this season as I just can’t face any more this season !!

Would love it if Pardew would experiment and try the youngsters and the likes of Marveux and Arfa in different positions .. we have been getting pumped every week so where is the harm??!?!?

• Online Guy

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM

BAD NEWS LADS N’ LASSES ; exclusive.

This has nothing to do with my Q&A that is on going
    I should have answers for all that next week.

This was a separate enquiry to the Club, 2 weeks back ,
    I will cut and paste it and it will appear below exactly as I received it in an email..

As a supporter of long standing, I am worried that the lease hold sale of Land at Strawberry place will stop any future expansion of the football ground..Is that the case ?, and has any one, or body, bought it as to date ? all best,

Hi there,

Whilst we cannot comment on the sale, the Gallowgate End of the ground cannot have further expansion due to the Metro system.

Kind regards,

Jan

NUFC

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM

There are Lasses here?

Hello 🙂

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Just had to Turn my TV off

They were showing that Magazine show where they show goals from weekend matches.

Under Ashley and Pardew we don’t contribute to those anymore.

• Graeme

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Online, I would suggest that answer is nothing more than convenience. I am not a Civil or Structural Engineer, but have worked on some seriously complex Civil’s projects, all over the world, as an E&M Engineer.
    To spread the load to avoid overloading the Metro Station or tunnel would not be that difficult to design I would suggest. It just needs will power and a good design.

• santonthenewmaldini

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:42 PM

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM

lesh…where are you flying from mate?

…It’s #11 😉 lol

• Average_Contents

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Anyone know if the metro was there before we bought the lease for the land? If so what was the point in buying the lease! Must of been for a reason

• Mister Tuff

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM

When we get walloped tomorrow it will be our sixth consecutive defeat. I don’t know if any PL manager has ever survived such a run, perhaps those who who all the stats might have an idea.