Italian Press Links Newcastle With Top Ghanaian Midfielder

Ghanaian International midfielder Emmanuel Badu has been linked with Newcastle in the Italian press, but unfortunately he is also being linked with Liverpool and Italian club Napoli.

Emmanuel Badu

Emmanuel Badu – 23 year-old midfielder

The 23 year-old defensive midfielder joined Udinese from Ghanaian club Berekum Arsenal in 2010,  and since then has played 73 times for the Italian club with three goals and three assists, and this season he has played 24 times with 3 goals.

Udinese will be looking to sell their midfielder only after the World Cup finished this summer in Brazil, and they are no doubt hoping that his performances for Ghana in that competition, will help drive up his transfer fee.

Ghana are in the same group as the USA, Germany and Portugal – so it’s quite a tough group.

Badu is said to be worth around £7M, and if Liverpool are indeed interested in him it gives Newcastle little hope of signing the player.

Liverpool have looked great this season, and they can offer him Champions League football,  and they could even win the English League for the first time since 1990 and the Premier League for the very first time.

It seems that Newcastle have a number of targets lined up this summer, and we just hope we can get some of our top transfer targets to the club before September rolls around.

Given the form Newcastle have shown this year, we badly need good players to bolster the squad.

Emmanuel Badu has played 48 times for Ghana with 7 goals.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Get in ! Just what we need another f**king defensive midfielder!

Let the goals flow and new brand of attacking football commence with our new formation the 5-5-0

• Sav

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM

not that I believe this for a second. But last time I counted, we had only Tiote. We should have 2 players for each place like real clubs do.

• spitfire_

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:22 AM

23 years old? He looks like 40.

• jimmysmith

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Not THE Jimmy Smith, I’m sorry to say BandB, so can’t resolve help those lingering childhood memories. Wanted the moniker ‘Jimmy……Jimmy………Jimmy Smith’ as in the terrace chant, but it came out plain jimmysmith. He was my much loved and not long departed father’s favorite player though, and always reminds me of Olivier’s Richard the Third when I see him in photos, so wouldn’t surprise me at all if he was in fact behind any mischief regarding a long lost football. He was a bit of a scalliwag by all accounts.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Sav
    Anita is traditionally a CDM, Sissoko when playing centrally plays deep
    Bigirimana

Now name our natural attacking midfielders, not wingers chancing there hand there……
    Yup we got a lot of goals from midfield in this team so it makes sense we should get a CDM so we can continue to play deeper and deeper

• toonicle

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Sav- besides tiote, anita should be a cdm as well as Sissoko and Bigi SHOULD be being groomed for that position in the future. I say should because Pards has shown no signs of doing that this year for whatever reason and I’m done trying to figure him out.

• jimmysmith

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Not living in the area anymore, so not a season ticket holder, but if I was I’d still go, primarily because I would have paid hard earned money for it but also to be in that marvelous ground and see the lads run out in that beautiful kit and to experience all that nervous anticipation, which would still be there, I suppose. But I’m also certain I wouldn’t renew, until Ashley delivered greater certainty. No one enjoys feeling like a sap, no matter how devoted.

• jimmysmith

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:11 AM

If Ashley was legit about making Newcastle both sustainable financially and a competitive force, he’d be trying to get Wenger. Wenger would sort out Newcastle from top to bottom, and may just be available and amenable. If he came all Ashley would need to do is provide the finance then sit back and reap the benefit in cash and status.

• ROSHAN MAGPIE

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:27 AM

don’t worry lads pardew will play him on left wing 😉

• Thump

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:04 AM

@jimmysmith: Wenger’s supposedly off to PSG. Would bend over backwards to have him in Toon, though.

• theartfuldodger

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:13 AM

Im sure Ashley isnt liking this one bit.

Circumstances (players,fans,luck,form,press) forcing him to look at Pardew.

Ashley was fine with him being a limited mngr and puppet getting top 10.
    But now he is having to rethink. He must be raging.

• theartfuldodger

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Imagine yr a boss and dependant on an employee who does all yr dirty work but whom you now need to fire , not because you dont like him but because team members want him gone.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Artful,
    The bloke is a twisted enigma, he hired JfK ffs and even kept him on after that drunken rant before he’d even started.

• theartfuldodger

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Sports direct is his baby newcastle isnt. Newcastle is like the wet nurse or domestic help.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM

As for Pardew, I think the crowd have been lenient with him as everybody in the footballing world knows he’s got his hands tied with Mashers in charge, but his record and behaviour this year are totally unacceptable, if he wants to dedicate wins to Mashley then he shouldn’t be blaming everything but Mashley on the ever increasing defeats, when Swansea go one up on Saturday he’s going to be gutted his stadium ban is over, I hope he gets everything he deserves.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Hear hear!

• The next Mike Williamson

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Well I don’t care if he’s good, as long as he gives an honest performance and runs around loads.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM

tads…about Rob Rhubarb Elliott and his drunken rant. You know what they say “you’ll hear the truth from drunks and children” 😉

…which is Rhubarb?

• The next Mike Williamson

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:08 AM

How come Inter Milan want Ben Arfa and big teams aren’t even looking at the guys who are keeping out the team? If he’s not good enough for us, shouldn’t it be teams below us that are after him?

• nut meg

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:17 AM

This is a very interesting read,long but well worth the time.
    The article is called WHO CAN WE GET,GIMME NAMES & is in from The Talk of The Tyne magazine.

• sweendog

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:36 AM

I do think we need another DM .. What if tiote gets injured .. Still more importantly we need ACM strikers and wingers and a young cb

• cyprus

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Does anyone know our record losses in a row? Thanks.

• theartfuldodger

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:47 AM

nutmeg,

So many options and yet we are stuck with Pardew

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Cyprus,
    We’ll find out when Pardew and Ashley break it to go with all their other unwanted records.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:08 AM

If we want another centre mid, I’d much prefer to go after Acquah who is on loan at Parma this season, and came through Glentoran’s community academy in Ghana. Much more of a box to box athletic player, and would cost a similar amount.

On the other hand, neither of them are what we really need as we need someone who can unlock defences on a regular basis. (And a manager that knows how to use a player of that ilk.)

Nut meg,
    Interesting article, I think he is living in cloud cuckoo land with a number of those. Interesting to see Laudrup’s win percentage compared with the others in the table. Way below most, yet championed on here!

• Marty-Toon

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Ashley is hoping that Bigirimana,Sammy,Armstrong,Dummett,Streete,Vuckic and a few other young lads will come through strongly in the summer and that’ll be the extra backing that the manager(whoever that is)needs.
    We will probably buy 2 players and that’s your lot.
    Wenger here?
    That’ll never happen,would be great but never.
    Harry is available 😉

• Rotonda heights

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Lilo

I would just take watching decent football for now, results are almost irrelevant at this stage it’s been so long since we saw any. Plus if a guy could get us a trophy in his first season as at Swansea I’d go for it.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Rotonda,
    Even half decent football would be an improvement. I’m not sure results are irrelevant, I’m fairly certain Wigan fans would have preferred to stay up last year with uglier football than playing easy on the eye stuff and going down.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Has a read through the possible managers article.

I still think they’ve missed out one overriding attribute. Brown nosing.

The other aspect the article seems to brush over quickly is this myth that they work under the same financial constraints as Pardew. Whilst looking at transfer P&L that may be true, they mention these clubs academies which I am willing to guess, even with my limited knowledge, are far superior to ours.

I mean Frank De Boer at Ajax? Of course he’s happy to see youth come through, they have and have had a proper youth set up for years. It’s part of their identity and what has allowed them to grow to the clubs they are today.

People talk about players being Pardewed, which I do accept to a some extent of course, but not many of our youth players on loan have exactly set the world on fire in what are inferior leagues…and with different managers to Pardew.

Having said that, Pardew does need to go. For many reasons that have been listed on here time and time again. For me, the biggest issue is that he provides some form of armour around the hierarchy of the club. Until someone in power starts questioning the club we wont get anywhere.

Which brings me back to brown nosing. Is Ashley capable of hiring someone who isn’t a yes man?

• Ibizatoon

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Oh and good morning everyone!

• Average_Contents

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I know the fans were unhappy that we haven’t scored, and we haven’t won,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“There’s no doubt we lack a bit of flair and creativity in the final third.

“But it got better as the game went on, and hopefully it will improve (against Swansea).”

Another gem from parsnip, particularly the last bit! Fcuk me he is clearly deluded!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Average,
    “But it got better as the game went on” Do you think Pardew reckons this has anything to do with HBA and Arma coming on the pitch, or was it just his instructions and tactical genius that led to it?

• jazzyp

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Lilongwe@25 box to box athletic player……….Sounds like your talking about a certain player we already have on our books mate and goes by the name of Sissoko

• Average_Contents

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Lil

He could mean this but I highly doubt it as benny didn’t make much of a contribution as he got clattered within minutes by Charlie ‘crack fiend teeth’ adam and struggled on for the remainder of the game and arma was shunted out to the right wing and hardly touched the ball apart from a 1-2 with shola but who knows in percy parsnips warped world mate, he sees things nobody else does 😉

• Blofal

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I am really unsure that a quality manager would want to work under Ashley.

I realise lots of owners are shite but surely your not doing your career any favours by coming to Newcastle.

• martoon

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I get it that most of you are fed up with Pardew and want him sacked but realistically if that happens it will surely be at the end of the season. What I don’t get is why you are hoping we lose against Swansea because as a NUFC supporter I could never wish for this. As I say he will not be sacked after Swansea it will be at the end of the season so hoping we lose is stupid.

• catchy in norway

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Lilongwe Geordie

OC prem football is important , and wigan would love to be here,
    but there squad was not a good squad, and history will always show they won A cup that season,
    there squad was not full of top quality players, like the team we had when we went down,
    Martinez has proven that it was no fluke winning the cup, he has took a team that is no better than ours but has them organised , hard to beat, scoring goals,

the right manager can work wonders with a good squad,

our squad only looks poor because of one man, and this is not me saying we have a super dooper squad, but in my opinion, its no worse than MAN U , EVERTON , and even SPURS, I would even add ARS to that,
    yet we find it hard to beat the teams at the bottom, they breeze past them

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM

jazzyP,
    Aye, and defensive sounds like Tiote. The one position we don’t need any new additions really is in that area. A creative attacking midfielder, but not defensive or box to box particularly!

• catchy in norway

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:53 AM

big job on for the next few days

I know I will be missed

have fun

• ganiyu

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM

ed, whenever you make a post about a transfer rumour, please endeavour to tell us what value the player will be to Mr pardews team. thanks