The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Star Wants To Join Great Club – So That’s Not Newcastle

3:25 pm, Monday, April 14th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

Loic Remy hopefully will return to the Newcastle side for the next game at home to a beatable Swansea side this coming Saturday, and hopefully he will have trained for over a week and be ready for what is another important game for Newcastle. Although our injured players aren’t exactly rushing to get back into the team over the last few weeks.

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United - White Hart Lane

Loic Remy – wants to join a great club

Since the Hull City game when Alan Pardew stupidly head butted David Meyler – we have played six, lost five of them and scored only one goal in the 1-0 home win against Crystal Palace and concede 13.

So that’s 3 points form six games and a goal difference of -12 – worse than relegation form.

And if Loic Remy did have some idea that he may stay with Newcastle after his loan spell ends in the summer that will have gone up in smoke over the last six games – all of which he has missed through injury.

Loic has been talking to the French press, and he had this to say:

“Clubs are discussing with my agent, I’m open for everything,” “I want to join a great European club, to play at the highest level. Regarding my future, everything is possible, even coming back to France.”

“I’ve played for great clubs in France, like Lyon and Marseilles. If I was a Brazilian? I would be Neymar.”

With Remy missing, Newcastle have looked simply pathetic in front of goal – and in the last six games we have scored just one goal – by Papiss Cisse – after three minutes of stoppage time against Crystal Palace.

But with Swansea losing to Chelsea yesterday,  they are only 3 points above the drop zone  - so surely we have a chance to try to turn this thing around on Saturday.

But with the fans’ utter frustration at Newcastle right now, there will be banners wanting Pardew out of the club, and maybe banners wanting Ashley out of the club, so that’s not going to be conducent to getting a good result.

And with things looking a bit chaotic at the club right now, we would guess that Swansea thinks it could even be a great opportunity to pick up all 3 points – if they can just score a goal.

And to think once upon a time, clubs would dread visiting St. James’ Park.

That’s no longer true – even for teams fighting relegation.

And there seems no chance at all that Loic Remy will want to join Newcastle in the summer – maybe a 5% chance?

No,  that’s being far too pessimistic – let’s make it 6%.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Stoke?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Loan Moves · Loic Remy · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 TurkishFan101 // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Lads have you seen this? digusting and stupid comments from Rob Elliot who sucks upto Pardew:

“I was in a club last night and I saw Rob Elliot walk in. I couldn’t help but go over to talk to him to gauge the feeling in the NUFC dressing room at the moment. All I can say is that you can tell he’s currently playing for Alan Pardew! (I’ll get to that in a bit)

To begin with he was quite nice and agreed we’d been playing poorly and promised the players are trying their hardest to turn it all around. I laughed and said ‘how can we expect that? We’ve lost 11 out of our last 16 games and I see no signs of it turning around. ‘

Elliot then said, well the fans need to stay with us and at the minute they’re turning after a few bad results, which is unfair on Pardew as he’s doing a great job under difficult circumstances. He seemed to forget that we’ve been awful for months, not just 4 games. He was having none of it and bleated on about work rate and other things that apparently help you win football matches (yes, because it’s working at the moment, eh?).

I proceeded to tell him that we’ve never came back to win a game when trailing at half-time under Pardew. He got aggressive and barked that it was “total lies.” I pushed him on this remark and asked him when was the last time we won from a losing position at half-time? He told me they had done it with Pardew at Charlton!!!

We talked more about how we could counter this run of form and I asked why Ben Arfa wasn’t in the side. I think we all know that Pardew can’t get the best out of the lad and he’s being wasted at Newcastle.

Of course I’m wrong, according to Pards and Elliot. Elliot lambasted Ben Arfa by saying he’s only set up, at most, 3 goals this season and that HBA has been SOLELY responsible for 7-8 goals that we’ve conceded this season. According to Elliot the players hate him as he has no work rate and that he hasn’t the right attitude. If that’s true I can understand why, when he’s told to defend rather than attack…

I told Eliott that the last time we scored a goal was due to the work of Ben Arfa. Yes, he replied, but he has no work rate.

I kept telling him that this was Pardew rhetoric coming out of his mouth and that he’s been brainwashed. It truly was like having a conversation with a Pardew drone.

I left him with one last thing:

I told him that I believe Pardew to be a charlatan that’s scared to play football and he’s ruined the best squad we’ve had in 10 years. I said a real manager with attacking intent would get the best out of our players. Somebody like, Keegan.

He then proceeded to tell me that Keegan is a worse manager than Pardew and had no respect from the players. I raged at this point and had to push him on the fact that Keegan made the Newcastle fans BELIEVE in ourselves and showed us how great Newcastle United can truly be.

His argument was that the Newcastle fans think they deserve to be in the Champions League by rights and we need to know our level. I disagreed.

‘Where should we be then?’ he asked.

I replied that just a bit of fight, belief and trying to play games with attacking intent could secure a higher PL finish than we’ll ever achieve with cowardly football and tactics.

‘Na’, he says. ‘8th or 9th is our level.’

There you have it. Newcastle should be happy with our lot. If you seriously think we’re going to kick on under this manager and this regime. Think again.”

Source: http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/said-newcastle-keeper-rob-elliot-walked-club-last-night-spoke/

• 2 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM

…you had me worried there for a moment. Order is restored…well sort of!

I don’t know how to put this, but I don’t give a rats ass what Remy want. For all I care he can play for the reserve for the remainder of the season!

Good riddance!

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:36 PM

…the blog is odderly dead though!

• 4 lesh // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Good to see all’s well in North Carolina – your absence had a lot of folk worried about you!

But and sentiment apart, consider yourself as having been shown a yellow for going AWOL!

• 5 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM

lesh… haha ;)

• 6 lesh // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Assuming you may not understand AWOL Jesper – it’s an acronym for Absent Without Leave (permission)

• 7 lesh // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Ah Jesper, misjudged your wisdom. You do know what AWOL is!

Sorry

• 8 ToonMauritius // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Mr AP is waiting for L.Remy to fire goals for NUFC next week but what will happen do next season “a goalless season”

B.Laundrup assisted by C.Hughton would have been perfect for us

• 9 toonluvva // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM

When Remy goes onto better things I’ll bid him Au Revoir and best wishes for the future.

I never expected him to sign up full time for us. He has more ambition footballing wise than to waste his talents on us under Mr Ashley, Pardew et al.

Thanks for the goals and memories, Loic.

• 10 logantoon // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

It has been a year since we lost 3-0 to Sunderland Di Canio was the manager, probably one of the worst ever in Premier league history. So a year on, and what has changed? We lost to Sunderland again… twice, and I have watched hour upon hour of some of the worst football ever. And the really depressing thing is that I see no end to it. The club makes money, the fans buy tckets, the players get sold for a profit, new players get brought in and the situation is maintained ad infinitum. Even reliation did nothng really the purse strings were openned slightly and we got back up to then mainain what the target is. Proitability for minimum expense. And despite the truth of all this I really wouldn’t mind so much if, the football n display was not like watch pant dry whilst holding on to the faint hope that perhaps something might happen. It’s the hope the sucks really.

• 11 derekm // Apr 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Coincidence or what that some of our most sellable players are
    ” injured ” at the moment. This probably translates into : ” can’t afford to GET injured before the world cup and risk my agent not getting me out of this comedy club happy to bounce around mid table whilst advertising a crappy sports store for nothing. What sane player of nay note would join this black and white circus?

• 12 kimbo // Apr 14, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I watched Swansea on Sky yesterday, and guess what? I predict a 0-3 defeat for us. We will be unable to handle their pace and when we get a corner they will counter attack and score. So to get a result please no corners and if we get one then just put it straight out for a throw in. Sad times!!!!!!!

previous post: Some Conciliation Badly Needed At Newcastle