The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

The Changing Fortunes Of Newcastle And Liverpool

3:17 pm, Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 213 Comments

We watched the Liverpool – Manchester City game on Sunday – and what a game it was, with Liverpool again looking great – especially in the first half when they went 2-0 up, but Manchester City came roaring back to make it 2-2 in the second half before a mistake by all people – City skipper Vincent Kompany – allowed the impressive Philippe Coutinho to get the winner.

steven-gerrard-1

Steven Gerrard – could win Premier League for the first time
He’s won everything else with the Reds

And Liverpool now have the chance – it’s a certainty if they win their last four games of the season – to become Premier League Champions for the first time in their history, and that would be the 19th time they have won the English League title, the last one being back in 1990.

And to think Newcastle finished in 5th position two years ago with 65 points, and Liverpool were languishing in 8th position on only 52 points – one place behind Everton – and then last year they were 7th and Newcastle were 16th – but the Reds were still one place behind Everton – but this season they could become  the PL Champions for the first time.

So what’s happened in the last two years at Newcastle?

Last season could be put down to the rigors of the Europa League, and we just didn’t have a big enough squad and of course we lost Demba Ba fifteen months ago.

And this season was going to be a recovery season, and through the end of last year we were doing well, but then we sold another of our best players in January – Yohan Cabaye.

Once contrast with Newcastle is that Liverpool don’t sell their best players, and they were determined to keep Luis Suarez – and that’s paid off for them big time this season – he’s the leading scorer and also has the most assists in the Premier League.

It’s this year that things have fallen apart for Newcastle following our disastrous previous season in the Premier League, and we are on this terrible league run of 11 defeats in 16 league games.

And we’ll now be lucky if we can finish in 9th place, and if don’t get a couple of wins in the last four games, Stoke City could even pip us to 9th place.

Of course two years ago Liverpool fired Kenny Dalglish and appointed Brendan Rodgers as their new manager, and he has them playing some wonderful stuff.

And Everton appointed Roberto Martinez last summer (he would have been great at Newcastle),  and he has Everton in 4th place and playing some terrific football too.

We’re sure a lot of Newcastle fans are looking at these two appointments and thinking if Newcastle could appoint the right young manager,  then we could be quickly flying high too – but of course it doesn’t always turn out that way.

It hasn’t worked for Sunderland appointing Gus Poyet earlier this season,  and it now looks like they will be relegated, unless they can get say three wins in their last six games.

I’m meeting my friend Peter for lunch in an hour or two at an Irish pub over here, and Peter was born and bred in Sunderland, so he’s not too happy right now with his team. :(

We suppose there could be some changes made by Mike Ashley if Alan Pardew cannot turn this thing around before the end of the season, but if that doesn’t happen, then we hope that Newcastle will do a reset, and bring in six or seven top players over the summer months, and let some of the fringe players leave – and then we’ll hope for the best.

But we are also concerned that the negative press on Newcastle over the last few weeks, will not help us in recruiting good players this summer.

The bottom line is that in the seven years we have had Mike Ashley running the club, we’ve had only one season when the side has finished in the top ten – and this could be the second season.

But this season feels nothing like being a success, but it’s still the second best we’ve done under Mike Ashley – and of course it’s nothing like the nirvana the Liverpool fans are experiencing right now.

What do you think?

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours

213 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Andy Carroll has to be responsible.

Quick Mike…offer West Ham £35m and then sell him on at a lower rate and watch us climb that table.

Buy high, sell low, that is the real key to success!

• 2 ilovetoon8788 // Apr 15, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Seeing some sites reporting that Pardew has fallen out with the players, especially Arfa and Coloccini.

If we lose at Swansea which is highly expected.

They are fighting for their lives while we are playing like we’re on our holidays already and not a single player in our stripes bother to turn up and play.

another defeat and another zero goal for us. Surely pardew has to go.

• 3 wolfshead@toon // Apr 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM

im not surprised colo has fallen out with pards hes prob seen an opportunity to manufacture a rift to get himself shipped out back to argentina

• 4 Mister Tuff // Apr 15, 2014 at 3:40 PM

wolfshead/daztoon – the last game against Liverpool could be a shocker. The way Liverpool are playing at the moment -they must be the best/most exciting team. Whilst I do not like Liverpool -Rodgers has got them playing as a team -do not like Suarez -good footballer but a cheat nevertheless. Where the hell did Sterling pop up for them -good player. If Liverpool win the league we’ll never hear the end of it – so I would prefer City to win it – even though they are cooking the books with their sponsorship.
    Could we turn on a display on the last day – possible- well probably not really but if they do I’ll be happy if they thwart Liverpool. However, that is idiotic dreaming -we are in for a thorough trouncing -something in the order of 5 – 0.

• 5 Blofal // Apr 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM

We have Swansea, Arsenal, Cardiff and Liverpool remaining.

Arsenal and Liverpool will be routs. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose to Swansea and draw against Cardiff.

Either way what a pathetic 3nd to the season.

• 6 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Ibiza…isn’t it a bit lucky for us and Parsnip that half the PL teams are playing worse than us this season?

…in s normal situation any team playing like us would fight relegation don’t you think?

• 7 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Jesper…I think I must be misunderstanding your question / point :)

No matter which team, in any position (other than bottom of course) could have that applied to them.

If we had played like this all season, then no doubt we’d be down there with the rest, but we didn’t, we had a much better first half of the season, even if you didn’t enjoy the performances so much.

Have I missed something? I usually do ;)

• 8 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM

get real all 4 games will be routs

• 9 -Tendo- // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM

” it’s a certainty if they win their last four games of the season”

more like 3, because we all know that we won’t put up much of a fight!

• 10 stuart no9 // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:13 PM

i just missed out on a exec box at anfield for the last game of the season, someone just got it 10 mins before me , so i must say – thankyou to that person for not having to put me through 90 mins of pure unadultarated torture . liverpool can stick their title up their arse, i ‘m just glad i;m not going and having to watch that lot , in their own ground lifting the trophy. call it jealosy if you want , your right , i am f;;;ing jealous , but i’m still glag i havnt got to look on while liverpool utterly destroy us , and they will by the biggest score in premier history . enjoy.

• 11 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:14 PM

so pardew is aware the fans are not happy. Funny he was aware at west ham and charlton too.

• 12 mag // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Pardews is a moronic loser the clown never comes close to winning anything.

• 13 mag // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Sackings to good for the buffoon, his patronising waffle is starting to irk everyone even the media are sick of the idiot. It can’t be long before fatty gets the same feeling.

• 14 mag // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:21 PM

What did Newcastle United do to end up with these people running the circus?

• 15 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:21 PM

come next season same last four games needing to win all four to avoid drop

• 16 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Mag

I dont think winning things is the only sign of a good manager, got to put things into perspective with the quality of players in relation to other contenders for cups/trophies.

I don’t like him, not the man or the manager, and he is really digging himself a hole, he has blamed kinnear, fans, media….all that’s left is ashley, the players or himself.

If he blames himself he is in trouble, blames ashley he is gone and blames the players and they will oust him…..his time is nearly at an end, thankfully.

• 17 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:23 PM

come day of the glorious revolution those two will taken outside st james and shot

• 18 mag // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM

So Hull Wigan and Sheffield United have better squads?

• 19 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Mag

forgot to add….i’m not defending pardew, just don’t think winning things is the only sign of a good manager, although it is a big one.

Pardew is a talentless charlatan who’s career here is unraveling in spectacular fashion.

• 20 hadthetshirt // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:25 PM

How do you get a song played at half time.I want “Don’t believe a word” by Thin Lizzy.Any body else think of any songs we can get played

• 21 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Mag

You also need elements of luck in a cup run, not saying we aren’t better than those sides, but so are many many teams who haven’t got that far this season….it’s not always the best teams that make the final.

Overall though he is a shockingly bad manager, relying on his players 100% as there is no structure to the team in either attack or defense.

• 22 mag // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM

They’ve got management that make them play for the fans with pride unlike the grinning idiot who is clueless.

• 23 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:27 PM

try why dont you all fade away

• 24 mag // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Pardews luckless as well then.

• 25 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM

pardews just a water boy

• 26 mag // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Sack Pardew!

• 27 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Also on a different note…liverpool are playing some exciting football, as Ed suggests.

Anyone think england can do something similar in the world cup.

mignolet Hart

johnson Johnson
    skrtel Cahill
    sakho Jagielka
    flanagan Baines

gerrard Gerrard
    henderson Henderson
    coutinho Llalana
    sterling Sterling

suarez Rooney
    sturridge Sturridge

Now not saying we will win the world cup, but we certainly have the players for exciting football.

• 28 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Mag

He was lucky in a sense when we had cisse, ben arfa and ba all playing and playing well (add remy too) as they all work well as individuals so can score goals from next to nothing, didn’t need clear cut chances.

Now he only has cisse who’s own luck with 40 yard strikes has dried up so he is struggling big time.

• 29 Mister Tuff // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:33 PM

hadtheshirt – how about this for a song. “Lost in France” by Bonnie Tyler. Changed a few of the lyrics :-
    We were lost in France
    In gay Paris with me – Moussa, Loic and Matthieu
    We were lost in France
    Hiding as best we could from Percy Pardew.

As I stood there in gay Paris the air was still
    I had a feeling I can’t explain
    We were hiding in France thinking of Brazil.

I was lost in France
    In the street a band was playing
    And the crowd all danced
    Didn’t catch what they were saying

etc etc.

• 30 mag // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:53 PM

He’s had 4 years and did nothing but moan about everything and everyone being at fault for his failure. He’s never got past the 3rd round of the FA cup lost 3 derbies in a row etc etc.

• 31 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Ibiza…I have never seen a team play like we do and drop points like we have since January and be in the top 10.

…in my book those who are fighting relegation are both playing better and loosing with dignity ;)

Maybe I am not making myself clear…I don’t know (or maybe you just see it differently)

• 32 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:02 PM

…just to add I was still quite amazed we were 7-8 in the beginning of January…hence the lady luck reference ;)

…again maybe that’s just my standard that are messed up?

• 33 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:03 PM

…again I still don’t get how we finished 5th that season!

• 34 mag // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Lemon crew its when a team is playing badly that the good manager to come into their element and this clown can’t rise to the challenge.

• 35 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Mag…it sure is!

TS…do you remember the discussion we had about Parsnip in late January or early February? I wanted him to quit while he still had his dignity – look at him now ;)

• 36 Oldgit1 // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I believe that there was a danger we may have finished in a Europe cup in January and panic set in as this would have no doubt put next season in doubt by fighting relegation as fat ash would have had to put his grubby like hand in his pocket to enlarge our squad, it’s also why cabye was sold to ensure we didn’t get any higher in the league.

I also believe it was fat ash that set up the top 10 place knowing when that was achieved the players would ease up.

They are oh so clever. Everything is going to plan. Bastards.
    Don’t expect

• 37 Tsunki // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Pards doesn’t get how we finished 5th either Jesper. He’s been trying to replicate it but…

• 38 Tsunki // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Anyway won’t begrudge gerrard winning a title at long last, excellent club man and player, a dying breed.

• 39 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Tsunki…you mean I am not the only one :D lol

• 40 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Jesper…I think this is where we’re crossing our wires. Our form since January is most definitely relegation form, but league position is clearly based on the whole season, of which overall, we haven’t been in relegation form.

I don’t see what luck has to do with that. First half good, second half terrible, result is mid-table.

Those fighting relegation clearly had worse seasons than us up until January.

Surprised by us being 7th / 8th in January? Why? It may not have been spectacular football, but it was worthy of top 10 imo. Granted one or two teams should have been closer and maybe that is the luck element?

5th placed season we did play ok, with some exceptional and terrible performances along the way. We had a great team belief and were helped by a few under achieving teams. If those teams had performed as they “should” then we would have probably found ourselves around 7th or 8th, which is probably where our squad should have ended up.

Are you basing this discussion purely on style of football? As whilst admirable, it doesn’t really play in to league positioning. Don’t say tables don’t matter to you, we’re talking about places in the league table…at least I think we are :)

• 41 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Well as you know Lad’s N’ Lasses , On behalf of Newcastle United fans and Canny writers on this ere’ blog ,

I set out to try and get some answers to questions that we have all been asking ..
    inquisitive lot that we are !..Well here’s the story .

After I put my Idea to Mike Ashley, that it might be a good idea to let the supporters know what was happening ..through a supporter . with a question session.

.It was then discussed by Mike himself in his office at Sports Direct with the delightful
    Carol Stringfellow..

I was full of hope as at least Mike was giving this idea some thought, and then word’s , as to what to do next .

The message from Mike was I could go ahead and get in touch with his PA at St’ James’s park , Joy Swan ..I spoke to Joy , canny Lass, and she Invited me then to submit my questions

I did, and I reported to you canny lot what I was doing on this here blog ..I done my best Lad’s, and I’m not finished yet ..but this is what happened after I followed Mike’s Suggestion.. I sent Joy a list of my questions, some of which I reproduce here below.

I also cut and paste the final reply I got after trying to get some answer’s, and jumping through so many hoops ..I had about 5 phone conversations at good length..and I thought I was getting somewhere..

I’m not going to pass judgement here Folk’s, I’m going to leave that to fellow writers here. I tried lad’s I tried , I had a go.. The email from Joy is cut and pasted so that’s how I received it, after all the ground work I put in .

I really thought I was getting somewhere when it was discussed by Mike and I was then told to do exactly what I did .. Here’s some of the questions I submitted, below, ..and the reply. Shuck’s

*********************************************************************************************************************************

1, Will the sale of the land lease at Strawberry place impede or halt any future development of St’James’s Park..and are you selling the head lease or the under lease .

2,Will our current manager, Mr Pardew have his Tenure extended into next season.

3, Is there any development planned to extend the football ground at the Gallowgate end in sympathy with the existing west stand , in the future .

4, Mike , do you have any plans to buy Glasgow Rangers outright . or a controlling interest. If so, what will your position be as regard’s Newcastle United Ownership.

5, Is Newcastle united still on the market Mike, or, are you now staying long term, with a long term stratergy .

6, Have there been any recent bid’s or offer’s for the Club, from any organisation, or any individual.

7, Have there been any genuine offers for the club that have been turned down because they fell short, or might not have been fit and proper person’s, in your estimation, to be custodians of Newcastle United ? .

8, Will you be hiring a new director of Football .

9, Mike, is it true that the Mansour family, now at Manchester City, made you an offer for Newcastle United, before they bought into Man City . Or is that just an urban Myth .

10, Can you give a ballpark figure for the transfer budget for the coming transfer window .

11, How many players are leaving the club, seasons end.

12, How many players, roughly, do you expect to bring in to the club for next season’s campaign .

That’s just a few of the questions I submitted to open the door lad’s…Here’s the reply..

Dear M K – thank you for your email.

I have been advised to ask you to visit our website nufc.co.uk under the “fans” tab, and put your questions to them and they will then pass on your questions to the next Forum meeting in May 2014.

Kind regards

Joy Swan
    Executive PA

• 42 Tsunki // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I think it’s only the lack of a tangible alternative keeping Pards in a job now. If you hark back to when he was hired, it was a totally underwhelming appointment. The rot of Ashleys reign had already devalued the profile of the club and there was a real sense of no longer being viewed as a top club to manage about us. In essence we got a desperate lower league guy who had a lucky offer. I knew before the season began he would have a tricky year, he started better than I thought but the derby losses and the unbelievable inconsistency show him to be as inadequate as we felt he was back then. A shame really.

Bigger shame is we really are a poisoned chalice now. Who would come here?

• 43 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Online…I really don’t know what to say to you to be honest.

Have you written back or spoken with Carol again for an explanation of why the agreement has changed?

• 44 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Ibiza…I am looking at it from at football point of view, not whether or not we somehow unexplainable end up scoring more goals than our opponents (an intervention from God you might say ;) )

…if had to be fair and honest I did believe our team was top 10th material when the season kicked off. Whan Cabaye left and I evaluated the season so far I was amazed we were 7-8 in the table. That is my honest assessment.

You know my feelings about the second part of this season so no use going through that gain right?

As for the season we finished 5th…hmm! I guess every team can say they played some good and some bad games. That is all I am going to say about that (mean while I would like to thank alot of teams that season for underperforming)

• 45 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Jesper…”A football point of view” – What does that mean? :)

Style, results, players, “football” is a fairly open term.

I get the feeling that your view is that basically our performances are pretty much always so bad that we don’t ever deserve to win a match? If so, I don’t see why we would or where this conversation is going to get us, with all due respect.

Tsunki…I understand Kinnear is looking for work!

• 46 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Ibiza…the table has nothing to do with football really, that is what I mean (now don’t you go and misunderstand my here you hear lad ;) lol)

• 47 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Ibiza…I think I have said on numerous occasions that we have played some bad and some good games like most teams?

…but I am not of the view point that we play great or even watchable football under Pardew – never have been. Don’t know if that mean this conversation between us is or will go nowhere?

• 48 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Jesper…It does with regards to the competition.

So you mean style and philosophy?

It football was as simple as that then they’d score teams like they do dancers ;)

This isn’t me saying I don’t want us to have a better philosophy or style at Newcastle, I definitely would.

Oh Lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood :)

• 49 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Ibiza , I will be talking to her hopefully Wednesday afternoon. . will report back …questions could not be answered verbally ,,and now it seems, otherwise, for legal reason’s , on the spot, and all that , I was told..

• 50 lesh // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:46 PM

hadthetshirt….. How about adding ‘Shame, Shame, Shame’ (Jimmy Reed) to your playlist for SJP.

• 51 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Ibiza…why do you watch football? :) Generally speaking?

• 52 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Jesper…Our conversations will always go somewhere…whether it’s football related is debatable :)

You may well have said that, but what constitutes as playing a good game, when you then say that we’ve never played “watchable” football under Pardew …never?

• 53 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Online Guy – Seem’s odd that they would make you jump through all of those hoops just for them to then palm you off via the joke of a Fan’s Forum.

It’s excellent to witness your endeavour and dedication, but I simply can’t see Ashley giving anything away when he simply doesn’t have to.

• 54 lesh // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:49 PM

And Roy Orbison’s ‘Crying’ and ‘Only the Lonely’ (that one for Pardew)

:-(

• 55 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Ibiza ,

truth be told I was expecting some answers as regards the Innocuous questions I set , ground etc ..but not to the questions I slipped in about Pardew, Glasgow Rangers. DOF etc’ as part of my strategy …

It’s only Football Ibiza, and really it’s small Beer to me ..just a bit of fun and game’s really. !

• 56 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Ibiza mate it is my understanding that the Mallorca branch of Wee Winkies is so successful (they have up to 4 members now) that Joe has been sent back to England to look for lease property somewhere near St. James Park to build a second resort. Beautiful.

• 57 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:51 PM

OG…good work mate :)

…I most admit I didn’t think anything would have come of it…maybe I am just cynical, but they (the club) cannot even answer question straight at the Fan meeting, Pardew cannot even do so at his post-match interviews!

• 58 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Wee Winkies next to St. James Park. Hmmm. I’m sure wor Alan will want to sign up. He’s got the package for the job as they say.

• 59 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Jesper…Generally speaking…the excitement, the competition, the unpredictability of the sport.

I can take a mixture of styles and approaches, different horses for different courses and all that, I do however admire teams that try to play football in a positive manner.

I don’t purely watch the game, just to see nice passing etc though.

As for watching Newcastle, life seems too easy without doing so :)

• 60 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Ibiza…I’ll give you a few watchable games under his tenure then ;)

…but that’s it!

• 61 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Ibiza…well I need to be entertained as well mate! And I need to be amazed to at certain level!

…that ain’t happening. What I am getting is a feeling we didn’t even deserve those 3 points (I know it’s a long time since we got 3 points but you get my drift ;) )

• 62 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Online Guy possibly you need some help with more questions? I have a few:
    1. Will season ticket holders be given discounts on memberships to Wee Winkies?
    2. Will those who join get to hobknob with wor Alan?
    3. Will Mike and Dekka join as well and possibly conduct races around the parking lot?
    4. What other exciting developments are going to happen on the lease land? Surely a lasses nudist club would only be fair?

• 63 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Online…Don’t ask, don’t get mate.

G2…That is tremendous news. It’s nice to see they’re finding a way to bring the locals closer to them.

• 64 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Important Official Blog Hobbit News! I will be holding an official Name That Twat contest at the end of the current football season. Pick a twat from our current management group and give him (her) a name he (or she) truly deserves. Hundreds of Blog Hobbit prizes available for winners. Get the Official Blog Hobbit pipe and slippers while making your entry (only 7 euros).

• 65 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Jesper…I would have thought that “excitement”, “competition” and “unpredictability” would possibly fall under entertainment :)

Gracious of you to afford him a few watchable games.

I do get your viewpoint, you want a better style. Imo, which I am sure if likely off, you’re a little harsh when judging our club or perhaps don’t view the end result competition as highly as me.

Either way, nothing we’ll fall out about :)

• 66 Ian Toon // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:01 PM

jesper- you seem to have gone around in circles since I posed the question. Is success for the Toon just winning football matches? We didn’t need to have overspent in the last few windows in order to have maintained the momentum of a couple of seasons ago. Instead we chose not to spend at all at a time when there was a necessity to increase spending merely to stand still.

Your fixated on winning well, whereas I just want to win matches. Under your thinking our victory at Spurs where Timmy Krul, gave the goalkeeping performance of the season would not be memorable. You would have seen it as a combination of luck and happenstance- not individual brilliance and team determination and resolve.
    I sight Chelsea who have not been playing well but winning. As such they stay in contention to win the PL- by beating Liverpool at Anfield.

Staying in contention is all important- at the Toon we go behind and it’s all over. Take the Stoke game had we not conceeded just before half time who knows!

Incidentally, I have not responded to your red line comment because I didn’t understand your point. Did your mean crossing the white line?

• 67 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Geremi’s Prosthetic Leg Fund

Well really Gere, the obstacles were just phone calls, and me manipulating my way in . Small beer really. had a canny pop at it though.

• 68 theartfuldodger // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Another statistic..

In this years FAIR PLAY TABLE – Positive Play Column , we are in bottom 3.
    Could easily be last when other teams play their games.

Team Played Points
    Newc 32 227
    Villa 31 226
    S’land 30 210

• 69 Mister Tuff // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:02 PM

OG – good effort – it’s a bit hard to think of a response to the advice you were given. I suppose all you can do is follow their advice and see what comes back. It would have been totally remarkable if Tubbs had answered your questions.
    The downside, based on previous Fans Forum responses from the club, is that the replies will probably be duplicitous resulting in not truely answering anything to anyones’ satisfaction.
    But you never know – just have to wait and see what develops.
    Our only hope for salvation is that Tubbs really is going to have a mammoth clean out over the summer and spending a lot (as we know roughly the monies potentially available -it can be used to gauge his intent).

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:02 PM

I think it will finally prove Pardew is bullet proof as long as 40 points is achieved with minimal investment and no complaints plus the odd win dedicated to Mikey if as we all expect we lose the next four without reply.
    Just saw a Karrimor advert on TV exclusively at SD, that’ll explain the Karrimor hoardings plastered round the ground, I wonder if Mashers owns a few asian betting stores as well.

• 71 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Ibiza…nah! I still like you ;) lol

• 72 lesh // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:05 PM

well Online, it can’t be said you didn’t try to get some answers from Mr A. You must feel properly deflated.

In fairness to himself, some of your questions were perhaps too probing (eg Rangers, DoF, Pardew’s position, transfer budget) and he wouldn’t answer them as they’re commercially sensitive or possibly prejudicial to any legal action following say a dismissal.

He’s referred you to the Forum and you can bet your boots, your question’s get non-answers.

He needs to feel that the fans aren’t out to shaft him but support his aims – whatever they may be. Has that (aims) question been asked through the Forum. And a question such as ‘What can the Forum do to help him achieve success for Newcastle United?’ may not go amiss.

Well done for trying to establish dialogue though Online, maybe you could try again another time in the hope of developing trust between you both?

• 73 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Getting into the more serious footy aspects ala jesper and Ibiza I love it when we go jinky. Especially Benny. Even now that he’s fat I just love to see him display his skills. And on longer runs he can go serpentine. Beautiful. Then he loses the ball and the other team scores. That’s not as much fun I must admit. Still if fat, jinky players won titles we would be in there at the top. We also had the wonderful Jonas who was jinky and then got fat also. You see? It’s a definite trend. Part of the coaches’ missions statement. I’m really looking forward to seeing how this works out next season.

• 74 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Ian…I think you get me wrong! I am acrually not that fixated on winning, but on playing well!

…winning will come by it self when certain thing are in place. It takes time, planing and ability.

Currently those implementing this don’t have the ability, they don’t plan and they have had time (NoNuts 7 years and Parsnip 3 years)

• 75 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Jesper ,

I was not expecting anything as regards answers to the more impertinent ? questions ..I was really up for it though as Mike himself said to put my questions to Joy.

I’m not going to go down the fans forum thing ..and I was told as you can see from the email that she had been advised ! ..so you can deduce from that what you will . cheer’s Jesper

• 76 theartfuldodger // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Pardew – I like to have my teams playing on front foot.

Result – 2nd Last in Positive Play under the fair play table.

• 77 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM

*actually

• 78 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Jesper…Probably cos I got style ;)

Jail…There’s only one way to really prove that. Anyone have a gun?

• 79 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Oh by the way Ibiza mate I had a question for you. If you get tasered while wearing nipple armour and the taser hits said armour does it produce lasting damage? I meant to both the armour and the nipples? I’m planning on demonstrating outside St. James Park soon and I need the info. Ta.

• 80 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM

OG…keep up the good work and keep us posted will you? :)

• 81 toonbrother // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM

One club is captained by a living legend in Stevie G. The other is captained by dumb clown with a perm from from the eighties. There is no comparison between the two teams

• 82 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Sighhhhhh! Moannnnn! Oh woe is me.

• 83 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Isn’t anyone going to ask why I’m so unhappy?

• 84 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:14 PM

G2…If by lasting damage you mean never being able to achieve such a state of ecstasy, then yes it does.

Still, the memory will live with you forever and the skin loss isn’t that big of a deal mate.

• 85 toonking // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:14 PM

brendon rodgers is a much better manager than pardew i agree but their is alot more to the liverpool team we see now than just getting a great manager.
    here at newcastle we have got an owner who is using a club for advertising and making profit, this liverpool team we see today has got rid of their cashley equivalent as tom hicks and gillett have sold the club.

second thing we see happening at newcastle is the best players being sold when the offer arrives liverpool on the other hand keep hold of their best and offer better contracts

Another thing is leadership which at newcastle is a disgrace they have a captain who is local passionate and loves the team and they also have players who play for the shirt, newcastle’s captain is a player who wants to return to argentina and most of the players we see on the pitch are playing like individuals because really they don’t care about the team all they bothered about is proving themselves worthy of a move.

finally this liverpool team has got goal scoring midfielders and 3 quality forwards we have got just 1 forward capible of scoring and of all the midfielders we have in our current squad 4 out of 8 are CDM those who aren’t are gosling obatan marvo and HBA

as for everton this everton season is the same as newcastles 5th place season. the truth about martinez will arrive next season when they are in europa league and what i’m hoping is they like us only make 1 signing in the summer.

• 86 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Ian…ohh the red line comment. Well in Danish you say for something to be coherent and go somewhere there need to be a red line thought it all.

Maybe it should translate in to something like “thread of consistency” or “a common tread”. Those that make more sense?

• 87 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:15 PM

*you have a saying for…

• 88 NEoffers.co.uk // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Two-Course Meal for Two – Only £12 (usually £21.80)

Voucher Valid 7 days a week. Marmaris BBQ House, opposite St James Park

• 89 toonking // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:18 PM

liverpool have a captain*

• 90 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM

NEOffers..Really? That’s £6 per person! £3 a meal!

How is this possible? Keep up the grand work.

Can you do me any deals with food delivery to Ibiza? It can be delivered to the NE of the Island if that helps.

• 91 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Aye Mister Tuff ,

Some of the questions I thought were unanswerable almost , as you say for Legal aspects, and personnel, et al .. I slipped them in anyway’s though, in between the more innocuous questions ..Who am I trying to fool !, I’m dealing with some of the quickest thinkers in the country ! Clever lot. Throughout all my conversation’s everyone who give it time was really decent and thoughtful.

The questions in the end, were just tooo much to give answers to, without them having serious , in probability, implication’s. Cheers Tuff.

• 92 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Well all right then, I’ll tell you all why I’m so unhappy (thanks for asking!). I’m unhappy because there are only 4 games of this wonderful footy we are watching left for our club this season. I just want it to go on and on. Running about, conceding goals, head butting, shouting at each other in the dressing room, blaming the journos. I just don’t want it to end. So there you have it lads. How am I supposed to get through the summer without it? ……Well?

• 93 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:22 PM

*Those = does

• 94 Ian Toon // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Reverent Tuff- no conclusion intended it got some interesting pointers. Thanks.

I like your material involving a man of the cloth. I think I can use it but it would be the Irreverent Fluff. I have given much thought to your preaching of what is required to appreciate and see the light as a player or follower of the Toon which I conclude:

-Resilience, even when things are looking dark and particularly on a losing streak.
    -Empathy, the capacity to connect imaginatively with lost souls and a defence that goes missing from set pieces.
    -Patience,that Cisse or indeed anyone will score.
    -Sacrifice, HBA needs to recognise he’s in a team game and look to pass before losing possession.
    -Humour, like anger,humour comes from disappointment but it is disappointment optimally channelled.
    -Forgiveness, recognising that existing with others is only possible if you excuse errors. I have forgiven Timmy Krul.
    -Hope, pessimism is not always deep, nor optimism shallow.

You get the idea.

• 95 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:23 PM

G2…Quite simply, there is no way. Sorry to bring this bad news to you.

Actually, England are playing this summer. They’re usually even more frustrating than Newcastle, so perhaps all is not lost after all!

• 96 toonluvva // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:25 PM

We keep getting confused between what the fans want, and what Mr Ashley thinks is success.

The fans want the team to be successful in terms of winning trophies, regular places in European football, and having a squad large enough to compete on a number fronts.

To Mr Ashley a successful football club is one that sits in mid table mediocrity by cutting the squad to the bone, hiring anyone who will say “yes” to everything, but most importantly maintaining a large income stream of TV revenues from Sky to advertise Sports Direct.

• 97 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Ibiza @84, now I’m a little concerned. Is the damage any less severe if I just wear my black and white man tassels?

• 98 Ian Toon // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:27 PM

jesper- I said your fixated on winning WELL!

• 99 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Lesh

With the bad time Ashley is having with the media . my thoughts were he could do well to talk to a supporter and slip the odd bit of news a supporters way to show his Contempt ? for ncj media and the rest..I though he might speak to a supporter rather than the press ..and he did take notice and gave it some thought ..so I did get through to him and it was discussed ..that’s a lot more than a good few can say ..He will not even talk or acknowledge a government minister I know of.

Mike did listen to a supporter . Fair play to him on that score..

• 100 toonking // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:30 PM

to make it easier to read

Here at newcastle we have got an owner who is using a club for advertising and making profit, this liverpool team we see today has got rid of their cashley equivalent as tom hicks and gillett have sold the club.

Second thing we see happening at newcastle is the best players being sold when the offer arrives, liverpool on the other hand keep hold of their best and offer better contracts

Another thing is leadership which at newcastle is a disgrace, liverpool have a captain who is local, passionate and loves the team, they also have players who play for the shirt. Newcastle’s captain is a player who wants to return to argentina and most of the players we see on the pitch are playing like individuals because really they don’t care about the team, all they bothered about is proving themselves worthy of a move.

finally this liverpool team has got goal scoring midfielders and 3 quality forwards, we have got just 1 forward capible of scoring and of all the midfielders we have in our current squad, 4 out of 8 are CDM 3 of the other 4 are rubbish and the 4th is inconsistant.

• 101 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM

This just in from Pardew to all his supporters out there (you know who you are). To be sung to Can’t Get Enough of Your Love Baby by Barry White
    “I’ve heard people say that
    Too much good footy is not good for you babies
    Oh no
    But I don’t know about that
    There’s many times that we’ve played
    We’ve played footy and it’s good footy
    It doesn’t seem to me like it’s enough
    There’s just not enough of it
    There’s just not enough
    Oh oh, babies”

• 102 Ibizatoon // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM

G2…Less severe, but less rewarding.

What sort of life is that I ask you?

Online…Listened and then dismissed. You have to wonder whether he ever really listened?

Not a crack at you, of course.

• 103 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I think I understand Pardew’s point of view a little better now. My he does sound a tad bitter though.

• 104 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM

#91 ..(were) really decent and thoughtful.

• 105 cyprus // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:38 PM

G2,
    The world cup may tie you over. There are bound to be some teams which will play sxxt, head butting is not unheard of (e.g. see Zidane) and many world cup teams don’t really have a system either as the players rarely play together.

• 106 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Maybe they were just pretending to be really decent and thoughtful Online Guy? They probably have strict instructions from Big Mike about what they can say to supporters (which is to say nothing at all).

• 107 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:43 PM

You know, you lads have really cheered me up. Cyprus and Ibiza especially. Sure, I may end up watching the world cup with severe nipple burns but there are bound to be some really poor teams out there. Some overweight, sulky players. Some poor crosses and set pieces to remind me of my own club. Beautiful. Thanks again mates.

• 108 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:43 PM

#91and#99 was for you Tuff, and you Lesh ,,but reverse the answer’s ..swap ! ho !

• 109 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:44 PM

hows your hf band
    online guy

• 110 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Is anybody singing that Barry White tune to themselves yet? Put the music on in the background and groove baaaby! Yeaaahhhh!

• 111 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:45 PM

or 145.540

• 112 GeordieTwo // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Well, I have to go. My honey badger wants a good workout with the stuffed Mike doll.

• 113 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Geordie two feathers…Canuck ?

You make me laugh in this here Radio shack/Office ..beats taking drugs as there are no withdrawal symptoms ..well besides aching side’s .

The wife think’s Iv got a woman in here with me …Chance would be a fine thing .

The Ashley contact was made G2, and he actually give it some thought ..I feel like I have been passed off in the end ,but really I was expecting that due to the nature of some of the questions ..some of them, .there was a few innocuous questions that would not have been harmful to answer. I was too close to the knuckle with some of the questions, and implications could have ensued if any answer to some of them were given , and you can see what questions they are .

It was all a bit of fun really ..small beer compared to me once dealing with the UN on Radio matter’s

• 114 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM

the truth will out

Ah is dat you …With a change of name ? 73 om.

• 115 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM

the truth will out

You been missing a while ..where you been ?

• 116 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:04 PM

THe truth will out

Just listened to Football phone in on radio Newcastle whilst writing ..1.458.. I like AM . Football daft n ‘all

• 117 welshgeordie9 // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Regarding this weekends match for me I’m in a win win situation

• 118 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:05 PM

G2

you still here ? check out #113

• 119 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:11 PM

in depths of despair cataracts heart trouble walking about radio active crap in me body supporting nufc defo bad for your health

• 120 Ian Toon // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Welsh- winning both of the remaining home games and losing the two
    away games would be my forecast. I forecast a 1-0 victory on Saturday.

• 121 Marty-Toon // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Fair play to Liverpool and Rogers,
    I don’t like Liverpool but love the way they play.
    It’s almost like a Keegan team only they defend better.
    Rogers has done a great job with players like Hendersen,Sturridge,Flanagan and Sterling.
    But in all honesty if they hadn’t Suarez then they wouldn’t be where they are.
    He works harder than any other CF in the world I’d say,he harries defenders to the end.
    Defenders are scared stiff of him,he’s a bit of a cheat but his link up play,runs off the ball,ability and assists are worth every penny of his contract.
    MA could take note that if he can buy a top striker at a decent price,give him the 80,000 it’ll take to get or keep him and the team flourishes around him just as at Liverpool.
    Sturridge at Chelsea just looked uninterested and lazy,yet when he teamed up with Suarez and Rogers got them playing like they do,he’s turned into a striker of another caliber.
    Still though,the key to their success is Rogers and Suarez although it helps to have a Coutinho,Skrtel and Gerrard in the team too ;-)

• 122 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:21 PM

the truth will out

Crissakes..Your going through it .. I will listen for you on the 2m freq you mention …Do you need any help om ?

• 123 Marty-Toon // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM

It wasn’t like Liverpool had a bad team when we finished above em two years ago,they just didn’t have Rogers and the finished article(few additions)

• 124 Marty-Toon // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Will Big Andy kick Arsenal a new one tonight?

• 125 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM

the truth will

I got something but its just a buzzing sound, exact freq ..will just go elevate… clark scam..(secondary mast.)

• 126 welshgeordie9 // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I want swans to win because I don’t want them relegated, and if they some how score 2 or 3 then it’s bye bye pardew

• 127 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Jail

By chance I was reading a running forum the other day, doing the GNR this year so looking for some good kit….karimor was always a good brand but everyone said sincce SD bought it the quality, like everything else he owns has plummited

• 128 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM

selling a glider

• 129 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Marty

I’ve been saying that for a season now…you can cut corners and scrimp on most areas of the team but buying a quality striker is key.

And it’s almost risk free, strikers rarely drop in value (unless you pay 50mil for torres), heck even cisse will still return around 5/6 mil I’d guess and he hasn’t hit the goal consistently for nearly 2 years now.

Take lukaku as an example, 20 years old, buy him now for 20mil, get 4/5 years of him doing a lot for the team then double your money when he hits his prime.

• 130 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:33 PM

i cant get out without a licence still in development hf good tho

• 131 geordie157 // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Bet west ham play better football tonight than us.

• 132 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:35 PM

selling up fearing the worst

• 133 the truth will out // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:35 PM

@131 with a bit more grit and balls i bet

• 134 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:36 PM

toonking

everton have played really well though and still did ok when without lukaku for that month or so.

Everton are a long way from title contenders but they certainly play some very good football, work as a team in attack and defense and generally would be worth paying the £500+ for a season ticket to watch.

Obviously europea will hurt them if they don’t increase the squad size (and can’t keep barry and lukaku) but martinez is happy to use some of the kids they have.

• 135 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:38 PM

@131

Yeh they will, it might not be pretty and easy on the eye (neither are we) but there will at least be shape to the team and a plan to score, even if it is a long ball into carroll.

• 136 guvnor // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Pardews under scrutiny now and he’s cracking up the cockney windbag.

• 137 guvnor // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Pardew is beginning to resemble Gullitt when he was going mad and blaming everyone, before old Freddie sacked him.

• 138 welshgeordie9 // Apr 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM

guvnor

Do you think he will get sacked if newcastle lose this weekend

• 139 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM

We can always hope ;)

• 140 toonking // Apr 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM

TS
    The thing about pardew and the kids is the threat it could pose in the summer. we know, the media know and pardew hiself knows this team needs to bring a number of strikers in this summer but when you ashley here you can’t even expect a striker to arrive when we have lost one. he said in the winter that our squad was decent so what did ashley do he took it to far and decided to see cabaye thinking we didn’t need a replacement We talk about when ashley will start making less mistakes, maybe now pardew will stop making the mistakes he usually makes and one of them mistakes is making the squad look or sound like it doesn’t need improving, if ashley sees pardew now playing armstrong every week and if ashley hears stories of armstrong getting lots of praise then he will consider that as one less striker to be signed in the summer.
    also pardew has played youngsters this season ie dummet for instance and now everyone seems to be getting on dummetts back.

• 141 lesh // Apr 15, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Aye Online, think you’ve realised that some if your questions were a tad hostile to MA and therefore referred to the Forum where they wouldn’t be answered.

Give it time and let him know that you’re not a threat to him, not an extension of a certain group that have been barred from the Forum and that fans would like constructive dialogue, not hostility.

MA’s obviously a delicate soul who would love to work with fans, if he felt he could trust them.

Hey ho.

• 142 jazzyp // Apr 15, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France · 3 hrs
    TRANSFER ZOOM: Remy Cabella: Manchester United, Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid have all invited his agent for talks: http://goo.gl/qEyoY0

Another one bites the dust gents………if he was ever a target in the first place

• 143 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

toonking

I agree there is politics at the club and pardew must play his part, but Ashley does like football so he isn’t a total moron, he can see the squad needs more to kick on, the problem is in my view is that Ashley doesn’t want us to kick on, just hover where we are (I may be wrong, just the impression I get).

I believe everton have better youngsters (although some on loan), stones, lukaku, deulofeu, etc but he martinez plays them in the right position.

Dummet has been used correctly (and is beginning to struggle) but armstrong was used a little bit too wide, same as campbell when used last year….any kid will struggle in a team, especially a losing team and even more so when not played in the position they know.

Santon was a solid fullback for inter under mourinho, a manager who can organise and drill a team, even senior players look well out of position under pardew….they can’t all have dropped their standard individually….Pardew is the common denominator.

Just my take on the matter anyway.

• 144 Transfer Sage // Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Jesper

sorry never replied earlier, just spotted the comment now.

Yes, I remember it well…Pardew was still well thought of and seen by the media to have done a very good job in difficult conditions.

Now he is seen as a hot head, not wanted by his own fans, unable to motivate players and seen to be a man who will blame anyone to save his own skin…..the tide is turning on him all because he tried to ride his luck.

• 145 Rotonda heights // Apr 15, 2014 at 9:13 PM

geordie 2

Mere mention of the now famous honey badger always cracks me up!!

• 146 toon kk // Apr 15, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Transfer
    your right MA probably knows what the team needs, but he simply doesn’t want all the expense, a midd table club with average player’s and the potential of a big sale is a far profitable 5 year plan.
    Pardew is always passing this message on in around about way.
    its been drummed into people time after time that the club can’t compete with the big clubs financially to get them to try and understand the lack of money spent. The idea is to try and get fans to agree with the running of the club.
    Most are seeing through the bullsh.t.

• 147 toonking // Apr 15, 2014 at 9:49 PM

TS
    the trouble pardew has their is again ashley doesn’t give him the chance to get the type of players who should be played in them positons.

when santon first arrived we had no LB at the club because enrique was sold so the thing now was he has to either use a LW as a LB or he plays santon as the LB, had ashley and the scout got a LB then pardew would not have needed to use santon at LB because he would have had the proper man for the job but instead he was not given the LB so he was left having to use santon as LB and by the time hadaira was here pardew now had santon already adapting himself.

the winger part of the problem was down to fans unhappy with jonas and obatan because those are the only two players we have in the team who are proper wingers, the rest are considered by fans as no10 ie HBA marvo, strikers ie cisse gouffran and sammy or CDM ie sissoko. (not aiming it at anyone particular just in general really) so really pardew has no choice because no matter what formation we see their will still need to be an attacking player on both sides of the pitch that will make the crosses into the box for the strikers as attacks through the middle will be much harder to break down.

at this minute in time i’m not going to be too hard on pardew instead i’m just going to remain content.
    the time i will really start judging him myself is once the summer window is shut because i expect to see a minimum of 6 attacking players to arrive this summer and that will show just how good or bad pardew really is and ofcourse if he doesn’t get the backing i expect then it proves that ashley was at fault all along and these performances are because the players just didn’t care about this club and want to be out.

• 148 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM

TS…I think you are right about that assessment!

• 149 manxpie // Apr 15, 2014 at 10:36 PM

out of interest on the players out of position thing what are your teams and formation?
    but remember ya can’t put players out of position

• 150 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Just had a call that Krul and Ben Arfa are leaving, end of season . they are gone . hope the hell its wrong .

• 151 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM

the truth will out

Sorry I disappeared , went out in garden to jack the
    Clark scam up, got collared by the wife , she said I had promised to cook tonight ..

Iv just finished took me over 3 hour’s, crikey ..If you need any help give me a shout..Also don’t worry , Medical science is amazing today. take it easy.

• 152 manxpie // Apr 15, 2014 at 10:52 PM

online call from who?

on a lighter note i chatted to mike on the phone earlier and he told me them shares he sold recently over 200 mil were all for this summer window!

i’ll fill you in at the end of the summer window and let you all know if he was speaking the truth!

• 153 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 15, 2014 at 10:53 PM

OG…I don’t know about Krul, but I cannot see Benny wanting to sign a new deal and if NoNuts won’t let Parsnip go then I don’t see Benny being of any use…sadly :(

• 154 manxpie // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:01 PM

on benny last week the report was that coz he slagged of pardew he wouldn’t play again this season

now its changed to he won’t start another game this season

so if he starts this next game wat have the press got to stir it?

oh yeah the collo story, and wats the bets he starts next game?

and both reports from a banned paper the mirror!

• 155 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Jesper it look’s like Krul is leaving..

I can imagine him being sick with the lack of any , any! ambition ..what an amazing Football Club , we have been nullified AS a Football Club .

Good evening Manx,,,

watching Rick on TV yesterday ,,He’s looking well . tell him not to fasten that jacket right up though ,,the one with the three buttons.

• 156 manxpie // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:07 PM

evening online so who was this phone call from then was it mike personally?

• 157 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Manx,

I will never side with newspaper’s, its mostly fantasy and the result of someone’s lucid dream on a drink induced Saturday night, in particular.

You might get a grain of truth, then a dodgy thread weaved in to it thus misleading those that are easily lead

..I had a bust up with Piers Morgan one time, and another with the Yuk,.ahhughh awful ….John Gibson.

I do know 2 bloke’s that write for 2 nationals and they are decent bloke’s..they are 2 journo’s I trust, ..although prone to a little bit of sensationalist headline’s , time to time.

• 158 manxpie // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM

piers morgan he was the mirror too wasn’t he?
    you seem to acquaint yaself with some horrible people online

• 159 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Manx, If you go back 2 days and go back over my posts you will see how my escapade developed..I reported it as it happened..look at my first post on this page for how it turned out.

• 160 manxpie // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:29 PM

i did read it online
    i was just wondering

how did you speak to mike and under what circumstances?
    and if you spoke him why didn’t you ask him there and then a few questions?

• 161 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Piers ok’d a bad pack of crap on Newcastle United , I simply rang him at the Mirror via his sec ..I had her direct number from an earlier scrap I had . He argued that he could write it as he seen it and I told him it was a pile of crap and untruth’s ..we agreed to differ , we finished the conversation on good terms . What had been written in the Mirror that morning was bad ..really knocking the hell out of Newcastle ..same old, same old, as they say, nowadays.

Im off, nite all.

• 162 manxpie // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM

it all sounds a bit like this mag story on elliot, tbh that everyone seems to be taking as gospel

from a guy who pretty much starts with the line “i met a guy down the pub and….”

• 163 Online Guy // Apr 15, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Manx

I thought you were trying to second Guess me , from the off , but I thought I would answer you straight as If you have been reading how it happened you would know that what I’m saying was as it happened for real .

It was all for real and if you want to doubt me I’m wondering why. .I was not out to waste my time. I really did have a pop .

Just tell me if you want to argue about it and I will entertain you .

• 164 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:09 AM

really online?
    i must say ya quick of the mark, switched on you definately are!

i’m not arguing with ya but i think its very strange that ya haven’t answered my genuine questions that are pretty easy to answer plus i’m very surprised no one else asked them questions as are you by the looks of it!

if i sent alot of questions to nufc i’m sure i’d get the exact same reply as you did to the letter!

• 165 jimmysmith // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:20 AM

That was an interesting exercise online guy. Ashley could hardly have refused point blank to talk to a fan who has behaved correctly, but the out come seems in hindsight entirely predictable. You got his attention though, it seems. Hopefully he saw and read your list of questions and recognizes the greater majority of Newcastle fans would like answers and are aware and concerned and of course want with some urgency to see problems addressed. Perhaps your efforts may lead Ashley to realise he needs to do more, or see the fans turn against him in large numbers.

• 166 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:27 AM

jimmy/online have ya got an answer then?

because ya obviously the same person now undoubtably lol!

• 167 jimmysmith // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Manx, I’m not saying online spoke directly to Ashley, you’d have to take his word on that, just that he could hardly refuse to talk with him outright if he has gone through the correct channels and behaved correctly. I’m not at all surprised the answers weren’t dealt with directly by him and am quite surprised online got as far as he did. If it’s BS, It’s BS, so what.

• 168 Sav // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Swansea are having dressing room bust-ups, too, although they don’t make they same amount of fuss about it as we do.
    As for Liverpool, in the immortal words of King Kev, I’d love it if we beat them.

• 169 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:53 AM

wher’s the entertaining then online/jimmy?

seriously i can’t believe some on here who jump on stories and then form full opinions on them so called “stories”

it wouldn’t surprise me if it was a certain poster who was also the guy who got his family to post that he’d passed away!

i must just be sceptical lol

but come on he had a fight with piers morgan spoke to mike ashley, knows rick wakeman etc…

and then its a guy who says “i’ve only ever written for the Mag once before back in the days when it was printed (it feels strange to say that now doesn’t it?!).”

well yes it does mate?
    so have ya got a photo of the night in question?
    no! why not after meeting 1 of your hero’s?
    oh yeah its because i made it all up especially the keegan part as i wasn’t there then but hey ho lets all believe utter bullshit! lol

• 170 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Jimmy

You are now Me, according to Mad Manx !

• 171 Blackley and Brownlie // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Online

You were never going to get anywhere with questions like that.

Hi online, my plan is to terminate Alans contrat at the end of the season. Don’t tell anyone as Alan might not be happy if he finds out. So that’s just between you, me and your blog mates okay. Regards, Mike

• 172 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM

sav totally agree but watch out the sudden total football lovers of nufc will be on ya for supportin newcastle against liverpool!!

for me i’d love it fuskin love it if we banished every liverpool supporters dreams of a league win on the last game of the season!

• 173 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:00 AM

online ya posting style gives it away so don’t try and blag it!

• 174 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Manx , ok gloves are off you madman…you are pretty damn insulting ..do you know I wrote out exactly the process of how I got to MA, and then I thought why should I jump for this nasty disbelieving insulting individual , who , always seems to be fighting with someone on here late on, whenever I have a late session on here there you are, ,insulting, or arguing with someone . You can go to H*ll

BY the way it was you who told me you knew Rick Wakeman . I just told you I seen him on TV and he was looking well ..just a freindly gesture to you initially..

I am getting the impression that you have mental health issues and if you have I apologise, and send you my heartfelt sympathy if that’s the case ..

You do come over as one nasty B****rd though, and very insulting.

• 175 jimmysmith // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Manx, not so pal, I’m afraid.

• 176 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Blackley ,

I was not expecting any answers to my leading questions , but I did try and establish a line of communication with the more innocuous question’s, I thought they could have been answered .

I was not really expecting the leading questions to get much consideration. .. I treat it all very lightly ..small beer , Its only Football.. I did try.

• 177 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:16 AM

online haha so after all that still no answer to my initial questions?

i really think it ain’t me with the issues fella so go on tell us all with the stories of how ya met ashley and piers?

and btw i question people on there opinions which is why this blog is here and people question mine is that wrong?

was it not you who said “i’ll entertain you” if i didn’t answer you the way you wanted?

online if you put that shit up on here it should be questioned simple as and i will actually post some questions to the club just to prove that that is the exact email ya get back

there is no need to make up a big story about such email!

• 178 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:21 AM

just for fun jimmy and online post at the exact same time then i’ll even give ya 5 mins gotta be more than 10 words!

• 179 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Manx you are an idiot , the email is from the club . exactly as I reproduced on here ..cut and pasted, you crackpot .

Why the hell would I want to make it up ? why are you actually questioning me ..I posted as it happened , kept everyone well informed . If you don’t take that in that’s your loss not mine. All you have to do is read back ..Im not jumping for you ..

Please get in touch with Joy Swan, Mike’s PA at the club, Hopefully she will tell you exactly what Mike said and then how I submitted all the questions ..and she will confirm the exact email , just read it out to her ..she will confirm it .

If you do that, will you then come on to this blog and apologise to me ?

• 180 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:36 AM

online jesus you posted some questions and then posted a reply from the club

that is not proof in any way shape or form
    as i said i would get the same response from asking some questions from the club

but the thing thats intriguing me is that you said you spoke to ashley directly!

is that true or not!?

and that is wat your whole “story” started of as!!

• 181 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Manx , I Did answer your question ..I said to look back..its all printed for you ..go back 2 days and then read back from there .

If you do come on here Wednesday evening late on, and It’s to apologise for your patter tonight. on learning that its all true, .I will then tell you exactly how it went. Ok ? deal ?

• 182 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:43 AM

no deal online you didn’t answer my questions ffs

how did you and ashley meet? simple question!!!!!!!

and under what circumstances!?!!!!!!!!!!

not answered in any way shape or form plus jimmy’s gone missing all of a sudden hasn’t he?

• 183 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Ok Manx just for you . here’s how it all went

Firstly …then again why would I want to spell it out to you how it went and my initial contact ?

• 184 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:45 AM

ya could add the piers meeting to that if ya want i’d be interested in that to :)

• 185 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Ok, Manx I got in touch directly by going through Sports Direct.

I really don’t see why I should be answering you as you have called me some pretty damn insulting stuff.

Why would I want to jump for you ..I don’t mind the odd skirmish , so there’s an answer.

• 186 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:49 AM

online maybe because its utter bullshit!
    or maybe because its actually because ya forgot wat you said the other day which was also bullshit!

where’s jimmy gone?

• 187 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Manx , I don’t know Piers ..do you ? , I rang up on a Football matter about 15 years back ..was put through to the editor ..simple .. I may have asked to speak with him ..keep throwing your insults …Its getting late though ..I will tarry a while ..next ?

• 188 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:52 AM

so you spoke to mike directly through sports direct??

and then said i want to ask you about nufc and he said yeah go ahead?

yeah thats how it went?

wat next?

• 189 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:58 AM

online yeah i do and i know he’s a c~~t and that he knows fusk all about football he wanted wenger sacked in january!
    even me mate A.Sugar took the mickey!

• 190 jimmysmith // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Jimmy is considering to what degree discretion is the better part of valor.

• 191 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:21 AM

online sorry for catching you out fella but there was no need in the first place as i said your typing style makes ya stand out!

• 192 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Tell you what Manx,

There is something, .I cant blow it ..so cant say much, Seriously. What I will do is tell you exactly how it went last week and this, and the chain of people I had to get through, Wednesday night ..I hope you will have your apology ready .

You know, I’m starting to think…… I wish I had never bothered with all this asking Mike a few questions.

Now I know how Torq felt .

Maybe Wednesday evening will be my last time on this blog .

• 193 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Yes Manx it went that way.. almost … He said to talk to Joy.. at the club , and submit my questions to her … I did that. Christ I’m tired Manx ..falling asleep here .

• 194 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Manx, I’m not Jimmy mate . what made you think I me and Jimmy are one and the same ?

• 195 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM

yep online my apology is waiting as much as your excuse
    roll on wednesday :)
    and btw i got on with torq and appreciated his input

and you know why?
    because he didn’t lead people on he just gave information! good man and he proved himself in the end!

• 196 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Manx I too like torq and his input..Im just saying he got cheesed off with others doubting him and having a pop.. I wish I had not bothered , I’m being straight with you Manx .

.I just posted things as they happened . I was not leading any one on, .it was a good exercise in speaking to a man who is about as accessible as the queen.

I enjoyed the challenge .

• 197 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:52 AM

online there’s a big difference between you and torq fella a big difference goodnight

• 198 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Manx there will be no excuses from me as you just assumed there .. no need,. just talk to JS and ask her how I came to be talking to her, and who’s idea it was .. and who sent me into her arms. and ask her about my discussions and who I spoke to at SD.. make my day Manx ..then come on and go over all the sh*t you have put my way tonight..

I wont hold a grudge as long as you are saying sorry Online, Wednesday evening …Then again ..you know what Manx..I don’t want an apology ..its ok Manx ..forget that ..it will be enough for me to know that we both know. .

• 199 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Manx what’s this big difference between me and torq ? Please explain.

• 200 Blofal // Apr 16, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Sorry to break up the love fest…

Call my cynical but if I was Remy I would be doing my utmost to get red carded on the weekend. He doesn’t need to sell himself anymore.

In my view we shouldnt be playing him… or Shola or Gosling or anyone else leaving for free.

• 201 lesh // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Hey Manx, get a grip with reality in regard to Online’s recount of events of his contact with Ashley and his PA.

Whether Online’s being dead straight or leading player’s on or not is surely not such a big thing, it’s hardly life threatening is it?

I have no reason to question his reporting and if it’s so important that you establish its veracity,then why not make a phone call to Sports Direct’s Head Office?

True or not, Online brought some variety to the blug with that thread and ask yourself Manx, is it worth falling out over?

• 202 phoonck // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:35 AM

How about trying out this formation with the players available for the Swansea game? (On physioroom.com, it seems like Santon, Sissoko and Ben Arfa will be out, but Remy and Debuchy are likely to be back)

Formation: 4-2-3-1

GK Tim Krul
    LB Dummet
    CB Williamson
    CB Yanga-M’Biwa
    RB Debuchy
    DM Tiote
    DM Coloccini
    LW Haidara
    AM Anita
    RW Gouffran
    CF Remy

And when we have a full strength squad, how about trying this line up?

Formation: 4-2-3-1

AM Ben Arfa
    RW Sissoko
    CF Remy

HWTL
    Keep the Faith

• 203 lesh // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:37 AM

* leading player’s on = leading posters on or not

Mickey Mouse phone!

• 204 Santon03 // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I can’t see we can win anymore games this season, 1 draw is the best we could achieve.
    I know these players can play better and work harder, but iit seems like they nolonger has any desire to play under pardew, that will make us like playing with 9 men on the pitch, 9vs11. No desire and stupid tactic will make us look like playing with 9.
    I’ve seen how Ajax played, they are playing attacking football and Anita used to be much better than this. Santon is getting worse every game, HBA and Gouffran as well.
    The players that we bought weren’t like this before they came to NUFC, is it because different league or the manager who can’t maximized their talents?
    The only way to get a draw or a win if we are lucky is to play youngsters because they want to show what they can do therefore will give 100% regardless pardew’s tactic.
    I’m hoping we finish the season outside top 10.
    Believe it or not, I’m still watching NUFC games even when there are many more interesting things that I can do. I can’t believe I’m still watching crappy NUFC games, there must be something wrong with me.

• 205 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:00 AM

See manx being his usual charming self, jimmy and online the same person, one is about sixty odd and the other isn’t, still accusing that guy of faking his death as well, good job manx has so much to offer on here isn’t it…..
    Phoonck,
    I really don’t think anyhody cares in the slightest what formations he chooses now, I honestly think most want three defeats and to scupper Lpool on the last day, surely we can’t have this guy carrying on this type of form into next summer, he has to go now !
    I’ve always argued that we’ll end up with worse, but how can we now ?

• 206 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Jesus f#cling Christ Manx! You know no boundaries do you!

• 207 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Manx and Mashley were spawned by Beelzibub him self.

• 208 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:46 AM

As always it seems like you have misunderstood the usage of this blog!

OG…I wouldn’t bother asking for an apology – it takes a man of conviction to give such.

• 209 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM

OLG,
    I don’t know what you expected from the club as every fans question has to go through Lee Marshall now, not to vet them of course but to lighten the work load of the under pressure forum, only Mashers could be so kind.

• 210 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:59 AM

J4A…they use to say that the 7 princes of hell equals the 7 deadly sins…

in this case Manx’s would be “gluttony” ;) …I could think of a more suiting one!

• 211 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:03 AM

…but that might actually be quite fitting for Mashley (well spottet Jail)

• 212 welshgeordie9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM

I see manxpie was on here last night arguing again what a drama queen

• 213 NZGeordieviaAfrica // Apr 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Blofal – I agrre with Truth will out – all 4 will be routs!

previous post: Some Good News For Newcastle Fans