The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Set Sights On Arsenal Defender

12:59 pm, Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 257 Comments

Newcastle have been linked with Arsenal right back Carl Jenkinson a few times this year, and the 22 year-old English International would be a good acquisition, if we can get him on Tyneside for a decent fee.

carl jenkinson

Carl Jenkinson – a Newcastle target in the summer

There are some Newcastle players who will definitely be leaving Newcastle in the summer – and they include players like Shola Ameobi, Luuk de Jong (not good enough), Loic Remy (too good), Romain Amalfitano and Jonas Gutierrez among others.

And then there are players who could be sold if Newcastle receive a bid that meets Mike Ashley’s valuation of the player – as happened in January with Yohan Cabaye.

And they include players like Mathieu Debuchy, Tim Krul and Davide Santon, and if the news coming out of France is accurate, PSG could well come in with a decent offer for the French International right back,  and he could rejoin his best friend Yohan Cabaye in Paris.

So Newcastle in that case would need to replace Mathieu, and maybe that’s why we have been linked with Jenkinson this year.

Carl is a good attacking right back, and he signed for Arsenal in June 2011 from Charlton Athletic, for a fee thought to be around £1M.

And he’s already appeared 55 times for Arsenal, and if Newcastle can get a decent price on the player, he could be a good acquisition for Newcastle in the summer, and of course Alan Pardew has said he hopes to get more British players into the squad.

He’s played five times for the England U21 side and once for England, and he’s also played for the Finland Youth sides through to the U21 level, because his mother is Finnish (his father is English).

Carl stands 6’1″ tall, was born in Harlow, and we hope he’s one of the six or seven players that Newcastle bring in over the summer months.

Note: Craig Finnigan is a Newcastle fan and graduated from Newcastle College in 2011, and he has created a one-off key ring, and all the profits will go to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
You can view and buy the specially designed key ring here.

Thanks.

257 responses so far ↓

• 1 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM

martoon/Doktoon…it might sound tough or simply just wrong in many ears but, sometime we all have to look at the bigger picture rather than just what is right in front of us! :)

…now I can accept that both you guys would want us to win no matter what – fair enough, and I can accept that you might never want to give up season ticket if you are season ticket holder. All I am asking is that you show us the same respect and curiosity? :)

…for some of us loosing the rest of the season is not a bad thing because good things can come of it.

• 2 Shot Bru // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM

De Jong reminds me of Guivarch..to be fair to the dood….It must’ve been bad for him at his German club to come and play for Pardew and his coaching staff.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM

ANOTHER REPOST
    Martoon,We have had lots of definitions off the word ‘supporter’ bandied about, someone actually said that those sho attend games aren’t supporters. I don’t particularly want to see us get beat but if I’m being totally honest I don’t really give a fusk if we do or not, the players have given up and the manager and owner are a pair of tw@ts.

• 4 Rotonda heights // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM

every time I’ve seen him he looks poor like tomkins at west ham. typical pardew signing.

Posted 16/4/2014 12:59
    #420576
    Subject: On top of what Elliot said…

It has been brought to my attention that during Keegan’s time here he had a goal difference ratio of +148 yet Pardew has a goal difference of -32

Now correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t that say a few things. 1, Keegan didn’t have a sh–e defence regardless of what people say. 2, Isn’t Pardew meant to be a defensive coach who trains the team how I defend the majority of the week and 3, Elliot says Pardew is a better manager?

I’m afraid the stats don’t add up for what he said.

• 5 martoon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Jail & Jesper – I’m not one of those who thinks you have to attend matches to call yourself a supporter but surely whether you go to SJP or watch the match on TV or a dodgy stream if you support a team you want them to win – surely that is the whole point!
    I get it you’re extremely p*ssed off like most of us at the moment and you want change but I don’t think I am being disrespectful by saying wanting us to lose is not the way.

• 6 ethiotoon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM

hey guys i couldn’t download anything from youtube.can u recommend me the best software that help me download videos from youtube??

• 7 martoon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Rotonda @4 – That is an excellent stat although I have to say this probably sounds like I am defending Pardew but I’m not just simply stating facts. I would imagine Keegan had a hell of a lot more money to spend than Pardew – I wonder how goal ration per million pounds spent would stack up?

• 8 Shot Bru // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Martoon…it might be better if we all stood up during the game and shouted to Pardew ala Allardyce ‘You don’t know what you’re doing’ it might knock a bit of cockiness out of him!!

• 9 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Martoon,
    I’m not saying I want us to lose, I’m saying that I wont be disappointed if we do, the players who are paid astronomical amounts don’t care, why should I, and the irony is Pardew will get his bonus regardless, it’s a fuskin sick joke !

• 10 Mister Tuff // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:25 PM

martoon – but what if the club has no ambition -evidenced by public statements of no interest in cups, mid table satisfaction, not much spending, no replacements etc.
    Compare this with a fans dream of winning the league, cups, being entertained with good football.
    Is there a middle ground -when the clubs “ambitions” do not reflect those of the fans.

• 11 James RS // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Don’t rate him that’s why Arsenal want rid. Good championship defender and maybe for an unambitious premiership club but surely not Newcastle.

• 12 DokToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM

jesper,

of course id respect your thoughts and logic… just because i dont agree with you once in a while doesnt mean i dont enjoy the chats… i was catching up and saw soemones posts, and know they are a troll anyways…

i just cannot ever, no matter how bad, wish for us to lose… thats like saying i work for budweiser, and drinking the other guys beer… makes no sense to me…

i do hope we learn something about our club, and that most importantly, MA learns that if youre not progressing, youre regressing…

• 13 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Martoon…will it really make that big a difference table wise?

…long term we need change at Newcastle and we need a spark to start the fire. What if loosing the last 4 games can we just that?

Is that all bad? For me it isn’t. In many ways I don’t really care anymore – I have stopped watching the games as it is and something dramatic has to happen to change that,

• 14 LoonyToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM

ethiotoon

Use VLC and use the convert/save option in the file menu. Go to the Network tab and enter your link. Click Convert/Save. When you’ve converted you may have to rename your file from .ps to mp4, avi or whatever.

I installed the latest version and it stopped working so I uninstalled and reinstalled a previous version. Look for version 2.0.5 if you have any bother.

There are also sites which offer the service for free. Does MiniTube allow you to download ?

Remember it’s illegal to download stuff from there without the owners permission.

Good luck.

• 15 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Dok,
    You only drink Budweiser, that is possibly the most inappropriate analogy I’ve ever seen posted on here !

• 16 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Dok…I was not insinuating you didn’t respect me (I hope not that’s the case ;) )

…if you want a truth, then those of you I respect the most and enjoy talking to the most are those I disagree with. Not on everything of course lol

• 17 Bambams // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:38 PM

That’s Debuchy gone then…….

Krul was already interesting Juventus

Milan wantex Santon

Tiote allegedly interesting Manure (sure I read that somewhere)

So that will be probably at least £30-35million

Point is we are looking at cheaper alternatives already for one of our stronger positions rather than target better players for our weaker positions.

Just a thought and not saying it will happen.

Hopefully Ash has realised his mistakes and is going to spend some of the fortune he has amassed along with the extra tv money…..

;-)

• 18 theartfuldodger // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:39 PM

If Ashley announces that If we lose the last 4 games he will sell up and pardew will be gone, Do people still want us to win the remaining games ??

Its just a question of seeing the long term picture and evaluate the repurcussions of specific actions.

• 19 DokToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM

JfA…

no, i was stating it is hypocritical to support one thing, and then support the competetion, simply using beer as an example… i figure weve all been drinking since january and tried to relate it to something we all inbibe in… my apologies sir…

• 20 Ancientcoptic // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Arsenal develop their young players, not sell them. The teams facing relegation is where the pickings will be. That or ligue 2 in France, I think we will struggle to recruit any top talent from Ligue 1… they are well aware by now that Ashley only makes offensive offers and ruins players under Pardew.

• 21 LoonyToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:42 PM

And can I just say I hate my club now. I really do hate them. Don’t get me wrong I still have love OUR club.

I just hate THE club. I’ve never felt so disheartened as I have recently. I’m ready to give up. I just find it all pointless and not worth worrying about anymore. And that’s down to this regime.

It’s rotten from top to bottom. The disdain they have for the fans is unbelievable.

And they had the gall to say to the local press last week they should support them (after being banned lol) What world do these lot live in. It seems like they have the attitude that they can do what they want and everyone should go along for the ride. And be grateful for it.

Arrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t want to rant. I just wanted to say I’m sick of them lol. Grrrrrrrrr bloody shits the lot of them.

Aaaaand relax. ommmmmm. ommmmmmm, ommmmmm ………………………

• 22 Mister Tuff // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I read an article yesterday from a Toon supporter on the Footy Mad site – the article was entitled “Toon Fans cause Their Own Misery”. longish article basically supporting the regime and slagging off Toon fans who dared to criticise what is happening at SJP.
    At the beginning of the article the author wrote :-
    “We do have a billionaire that can ensure that we go about our business and gain over time. Unfortunately too many people keep harping on about the 5 year plan thinking the 5 year plan was to have us playing champions league football.
    The 5 year plan was to have us financially stable. It’s took slightly longer but we are there now. We are finacially stable and we can really push on from here, I’m certain of that”.

Clearly the author was re-inventing history -his clear lack of knowledge about the 5 year plan -was the basis of his article. For the sake of accuracy I should point out what was said at the time the 5 year plan was announced.
    “In five years we would hope to be challenging for everything”. (Llambias quote). I do not think there is any ambiguity about that phrase.
    I get slightly annoyed at people quoting things that are obviously not accurate -and as such I feel obliged to divert from my normal gentlemanly conduct on the blog and issue the following insult to the author of the article -sir you are a knobber, nay a complete knobber.
    Link to article:-

• 23 LoonyToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:43 PM

edit for above.

** for OUR club.

• 24 ethiotoon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM

LoonyToon
    i really appreciated ur advice.i most oftenly use vso downloader to download newcastle highlights and mgr interviews.however this software recently stopped detecting urls.but u can try it,it’s really good app.i do have vlc 2.0.5,i’ll try it and will get back to u
    thanks again
    proud 2b geordi fan

• 25 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Ancient

• 26 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Loony toon

• 27 Ancientcoptic // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Mister Tuff, I got a quick glimpse at that link, and read enough to know that I will not be returning to that website. The writer of that article has been hitting the kool-aid hard.

It is actually quite bizarre to see a club dedicated football website, writing an attack piece against fans. Perhaps not the smartest idea.

• 28 martoon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Jesper @13 – If we lose the next 4 matches and it contributes to Pardew being sacked then so be it but I simply cannot wish for that to happen because I want us to win every game we play regardless. The point about football and the reason we all love it is it’s unpredictability – earlier this season who would have thought we would beat Chelsea 2 – 0 and we still could pull out a surprise result against Arsenal or Liverpool.Of course we could get beat by Cardiff but that is why I keep supporting and watching NUFC.

• 29 stan anderson // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Pardew out,Souness and Wise in.
    Better off with Morecombe and Wise.

• 30 dcdick // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Pardew Out !!!

• 31 LoonyToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM

ethiotoon

VLC does work very well. And it’ll convert to mp3 too. You know, for the videos you upload yourself and need to extract from. Ahem. I can’t think of any other use for it.

26Himanshu

Excuse my ignorance but what’s with the +1.
    Is that a way of saying you agree?
    I know, I know. I’m thick.

• 32 mindcompressor // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM

i think that tavernier deserves to receive a real chance, i know what league he is playing right now, however it seems he showed himself from bright side…

i think we got some lads in youth squads or on loan who can be good players for us next season (abeid, aarons, armstrong, good, tavernier, etc.). what we need is proper manager who can explore their talent and skills, so first link should be who can manager our team properly, not in ancient way.

• 33 Thump // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:06 PM

@Rotonda (4): In fairness, Keegan’s philosophy was very much “attack is the best form of defence”. The goals we conceded under Keegan were usually because we committed far too many men forward or being undone by fantastic play. Under Pardew, we defend for 30 minutes and then push up 5 yards and get done on the “counter attack”.

Also, Poyet actually understands the mentality in the North East… I’m genuinely suprised.

• 34 stuart no9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:25 PM

secretly , i bet most of the fans are willing us to lose on saturday , i am , if it means another nail in pardews coffin , i am up for that because i want us to get better , i want nufc to be a proud club again because it is my club, if people want us to be in this mess for years and years , WHY? , do you not want to be proud of your club again? going to the match is supporting the regime , supporting robbers , supporting conmen , supporting owners who are hellbent on ruining your club supporting a club who are giving you nothing in return for your support . you are supporting that. and you call yourself fans . haha

• 35 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:32 PM

MA new exactly what he was getting into when he bought the club, I’m sure he had great ambitions and ideas at the start. But his total lack of football knowledge and no real guidance he made mistake after mistake.
    He obviously let his shrewd business mind take over, running the club with a with profits schedule. To do that you have to run risks, being relaxation.
    He knows that he’ll always fill SJP so that side of the business is a cert, which is being proved.
    Now onto players, he found out there’s a very profitable side after the sale of AC. Buy cheap sell on for profit. It doesn’t matter if he weakens the squad, he likes a gamble.

The most annoying part for me he could be a hero if he spent when needed without breaking the bank and had the squad properly managed. Loosing out on quality player’s for the sake of a couple of mill or not buying at all is just ridiculous greed.
    we here so many lies via Pards some fans think he running the club well, TDS as an example.

Who knows what the future holds for our club, I will always support NUFC but its not really worth supporting under MA.

• 36 stuart no9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:35 PM

mister tuff @ 22 whoever wrote that article has no idea what he is talking about . he’ll be blaming us for the heavy defeats and the derby defeats next, or is it just a wind up ?

• 37 Rotonda heights // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM

martoon

wherever pardew has been his teams have had negative goal differences and will you give it up about Pardew not having funds.

Just because we didn’t spend fortunes on trophy signings a lot of people (Pardew too when it suits him)_ thought we had some very good players in the squad before they were Pardewed.

At West ham he wouldn’t accommodate tevez and mascherano just as he won’t acommodate ben Arfa and Marveaux now

KK +148 GD
    Pardew – 32 GD

Phenomenal difference between how the game should be played.

Mister tuff ‘ 22

The guy writing that article didn’t take into account ash knows nothing about football and won’t appoint anyone who does.

• 38 Rotonda heights // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:44 PM

toon kk

under pardew, ash’s buy ‘em young and sell for profit could backfire spectacularly as clearly no youngsters are being developed to their their maximum potential and sell-on value.

• 39 Mister Tuff // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:49 PM

stuart -ref that dodgy article -it was not a wind up -I checked back through their blog and there were quite a few posters slagging him off for that article AND that his previous blog postings – were in the same vein.
    It’s fine having a differing viewpoint -but it should be based on accuracy.

• 40 Thump // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM

No fan wants to see Newcastle lose but, in truth, we’ve come to expect that result whoever we’re playing. It doesn’t even have to be a good side, if they show even the slightest bit of determination, we cave and roll over.

To try and find a metaphor, if you have a screw that’s too tight to remove, you have to tighten it before it comes loose. The problem comes when the screw is rounded… which I think is the position with our overseer.

• 41 stuart no9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM

mister tuff —– its very sad indeed that a ‘ fan’ could could actually write that on a NUFC forum , but i suppose there are people on this blog who think the same. sometimes its very difficult to understand other peoples , opinion , view , or rationalize others peoples thoughts. never mind , ive got mine and hes an idiot . haha

• 42 IITianToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could suggest which newspaper’s stories on our beloved club are most accurate. I understand nobody really knows what’s going on with Ashley and his cohorts; however I am just looking to a mouthpiece which has the best track record compared to others. Thanks.

• 43 Rake // Apr 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM

19th worst against the 17th worst Saturday, I probably won’t bother watching the game… I watch football to be entertained and that hasn’t happened in a good while.

I love Newcastle but watching Liverpool this season has been a joy. Great football, good young English players and an owner who has ambition. It’s sad thinking with a bit of investment we could in theory be at least winning games… let alone playing entertaining football.

If I remember correctly Pardew loves Mourinho and has tried his hardest to be like Mourinho. Chelsea seem to also adopt negative tactics in games when they come up against a good team… interesting ey?.

• 44 lesh // Apr 16, 2014 at 3:35 PM

It’s really good to see that we’re in the market for this one and that one and looking forward to the new season with the confidence that we’ll do very very well.

Oops, with all the talk about players we’re keen on, I’d nearly forgotten that we’ve a manager whose performance has led to more questions than answers.

Beware of the charm offensive, especially if season ticket renewals are down too!

• 45 joenufc // Apr 16, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Arsenal fans think he ain’t good enough so yeah can see him loaned to us fat lad certainly won’t cough up the inflated transfer value of an English player

• 46 the truth will out // Apr 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM

you can use wd-40 also thump

• 47 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Secretly wanting my club to lose? Never ever, even though I think Pards has taken us as far as he can, ie. nowhere, this is our position when he took over.

• 48 Rotonda heights // Apr 16, 2014 at 4:48 PM

rake

you couldn’t have put it better.

• 49 markisio // Apr 16, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Hi, i don’t normally comment on the blog but visit reguarly to read the articles and comments. At the moment i feel that there are a number of problems with our club:
    1. Poor Manager – the way in which Pardew lines up the team with players in their wrong positions is bizarre. For example sissoko at RW. This shows to me that he is incompetent on the tactical side of things.
    Also his substitutions are awful.
    He complains about a lack of flair and then doesn’t play HBA or marveaux.
    His excuses are often unbearable aswell.

2. The owner
    I understand that the owner is limiting the progress of the club. Selling key players like cabaye is never a good thing – especially when the money is not reinvested.

3.Too many crap players.
    There are a number of good players in our squad but also some crap players. These should be got rid of and replaced if we want to improve.

If it were my choice this is the way i would progress going forward:
    1. new manager. there are a number of good candidates here (http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=356073)
    2. I would invest all player sales into player purchases.
    3. I would invest all profit on either paying off debt or on player purchases.
    4. I would sell many crap players.
    5. I would let the local media back in.

If we could change our manager to a young, progressive manager who plays attractive football then, even with limited money we could achieve progress if we operated carefully in the transfer market.

• 50 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Ed…we need a new article this one is dead!

• 51 toonking // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I saw a post stating earlier that a lot of people on this blog are probably not English, if what he said is true well it’s no wonder so many think manages with good records will manage to turn poorly run clubs into very good clubs.

people like myself are born and bred English and being an English person, i therefore support England.

This England team is a national team that has a lot in common with Newcastle.
    The expectations of England are to win world cups or get into the semi final and Like England, Newcastle’s expections are very high too as ours are to finish in the top 6 of this league every season.
    when England do badly fans and media alike will start off by making excuses like their is not enough players coming through and we not giving youngster ago, Newcastle themselves act in the same manner saying in septempter ashley didn’t spend enough money to build the squad and we still consist of older players like shola.

After so long making excuses like that England, fans and media will then begin blaming it on the manager hoping the FA will begin to consider giving him the sack and appoint a new one who has a good record, thinking we will be sure to then win the next world cup. The perfect manager who proves that it is not the case is Fabio Cappello who was Englands last manager, he a a record that was excellent as he had 5 series A titles, 2 la liga titles a CL title and so many others, his time as england manager was anything but great and in the last world cup england were absolutely awful to watch and yet again we got as far as the knockout stage before going out first match.

• 52 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Well then who’s fit for the Swansea match mates? Down here at Blog End, home of your beloved Official Blog Hobbit the flags have been lowered to half mast in keeping with our last 4 performances (or should I say non performances)? Harrumph. Should this hairy footed one be hoping for a goal actually scored by us in the coming game? Will there be successful passing? Some jinkiness in their box? I’m watching our goal difference with some worry as well. Has a ninth place team ever had such a bad goal difference? Sigh.

• 53 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I can say with tremendous pride that I am Official Blog Hobbit on 2 different footy blogs! Yes mates that’s right, count them and weep! Two sites. It’s been tremendous support from all of you out there. I am puffing up my hairy little chest with pride as we speak! Huzzah!

• 54 Tsunki // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Shows that a good diet of transfer speculation articles and the copious roughage of disastrous match reports cannot stop the blog from bring constipated.

NUFC needs a dose of TurboLax to get rid of the Ashley blockage and clear out all the rubbish of his regime with him. Then the blog will be loosened up with regular witty banter and team lists again.

• 55 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Come in mates. Take off your shoes and sup on some ale at Blog End. Take a pipe full those of you who need it. There is much to discuss. Urgent matters. For example who is the worst striker currently on our roster? Shola has been terrible for years now but De Jong is moving rapidly up on his right now. He may pass Shola on the final stretch. No goals to date for us from De Jong and 4 matches left. A lot of pressure here. Who will perform worst? Get your votes in now mates.

• 56 Tsunki // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:45 PM

G2 – if you have any hobbit mates see if they are free for our team this weekend, need some good header specialists for our corners and all that!

• 57 Tsunki // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM

De Jong is a marginally better loan man than S Ireland. Marginally.

Sorry G2 too much choice.

• 58 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Excellent idea Tsunki mate. :) How have you been? Are your budgies relaxed and confident for the final 4 games? How is Markaccus? Still brooding about our recent 4 performances? Is he using those budgie leg wrappings and facial creams that I sent him? Colour me concerned mate.

• 59 Mister Tuff // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Not the dreaded team lists.I know some posters like to suggest a team format they think would perform well. Is this interest spawned from these football manager type games.
    Yawn.

• 60 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Now Harrumph Tsunki that is a very good point. De Jong marginally better loanee than Ireland. But also I would like to be fair to our defense. Who has performed the worst on defense then? Saylor has been shocking this season but we can’t fail to ignore some of MYM’s performances. Nor should we leave Santon out of the argument. It’s difficult. But this is a highly prestigious award. Worst Newcastle Defender of the Season. What do you lot think then?

• 61 Tsunki // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:52 PM

The budgies got hooked on cryogenics mate. Went missing weeks ago, only found them yesterday hiding in the freezer. Kids thought there had been something odd about the ice pops, only salvaged 2 of the original 11, the Icelandic Azure and the Patagonian Bingo Chicken. The two worst- typical.

• 62 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:57 PM

And finally midfield. Possibly we should have 2 awards here. There could be Most Disappointing Newcastle Midfielder of the Year and also Worst Newcastle Midfielder of the Year. Now, as for MDNMotY I would like to nominate Benny. Yes Marveaux has also been tremendously disappointing but for me Benny gets the edge. Pards has managed to get so little out of him. It’s been amazing. As for WNMotY I have to go with Benny once again. His determination to deteriorate has been outstanding. Tremendous weight gain, combined with sulkiness and occasional dressing room outbursts. It’s an unbeatable combination mates.

• 63 Tsunki // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Well sorry to leave do soon but the dinner Hong has responded. Looking forward to farm slaughtered noodles and fudgey potatoes in balsamic brine. Nom Nom nom.

• 64 Tsunki // Apr 16, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Ooh and clotted fish – my favourite so so scrummy!

• 65 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Don’t be too hard on that Bingo Chicken Tsunki mate. Their plumage can be stunning in the right light. The Icelandic Azure can be a treat as well. Have you gotten a falcon for your budgie workouts yet? It gives them a tremendous fitness edge. Only the fastest survive. Think of the sleek beauties you’ll get with the next generation. Harrumph.

• 66 Tsunki // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Oh and as a parting nomination, Underwhelming Breakthrough Player of the Year is Dummett. Meh.

• 67 Tsunki // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Tried it and now have a fat falcon. I’m suing you.

• 68 Tsunki // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:04 PM

We used to have a dinner gong, but the Hong is much louder. You can hear it inside the refrigerator.

• 69 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Mashley is running NUFC like a pub with shit cheap beer and poor entertainment, eventually people get fed up and abandon.

• 70 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:13 PM

You clearly haven’t been sticking to a strict budgie exercise program Tsunki mate. Sprints, weight training, some aerial maneuvering under stress all highly recommended. There are worse things than a well fed falcon mate. Think of being a player under Pardew. Now that’s a true nightmare.

• 71 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM

We’ve all judged Ashley by the transfer windows in the past. The last 2 have been complete failures. What would constitute a successful window this summer? For me we need to rid ourselves of dead wood and players who no longer want to be with us as well as bringing in a number of good replacements. It’s a long list and we’ve all had a go at it. Total cost? I would think no less than 30M pounds to even get us headed in the right direction for next season. What are the chance Mike will spend that much or more?

• 72 IITianToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM

@G2 Ashley spends most of our transfer budget on Manly Man products. You might want to reduce the prices of your products mate! :)

• 73 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM

It’s been a terrible season. There is plenty of blame to go around. The whole operation looks very shaky to me. From the top down. We won’t ever commit to going for a top 6 place again under Ashley. He will try to stay around 10th-12th and see if the supporters will put up with it and continue to show up in huge numbers for the games. More SD hoardings. More money for him. No accountability at the top. He won’t even try to explain his actions as he used to. If people continue to go to games there will be no way out of this. His purse will continue to get fatter.

• 74 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I consider that quite unfair IITianToon mate. He won’t even wear the free chest hair sample I sent him! Harrumph! His sports thongs are all from Sports Direct and he doesn’t buy his Man Tassels from the Spanish Stud Muffin. It’s just more shocking behavior from him.

• 75 IITianToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:40 PM

@G2 Your ringing and inspirational voice has prevented me from the folly of buying an electric trimmer every time I see myself in the mirror after shower :D

• 76 mag // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Pardew is suffering from coaching constipation,it’s hard to believe that he attended the same coaching sessions as Mourinho and Rodgers.

• 77 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Yes please, very tidy player . Also get rid of Santon and bring in Ricardo Rodríguez from Wolfsburg as he is one of the best LB’s in the world and still only 21 .

Blows my mind that Man U would rather pay three times the price for Shaw just because he is English when they could have someone like Rodriguez .

• 78 IITianToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:44 PM

@mag Rodgers was the nerd, Mourinho the cool guy who somehow always got good grades, and Pards, well, was the class bully who went about headbutting people.

• 79 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Another important Blog Hobbit Point. What are the odds that Pardew will win League Manager of the Year? I feel this is quite important as it would bring positive publicity to the club. After all we have come from 16th place to around 9th or 10th. A tremendous improvement. We have employed 2 strikers from other clubs giving them something to do (De Jong just likes to run around and kick the ball a bit but still). We are making sure our players stay nicely full of meat pies. To me this looks like another LMA award for wor Alan mates!

• 80 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Big question, can someone please tell me why they keep going to SJP to watch or should I say suffer watching a team not worth getting out of bed for. The players couldn’t give jack shit the manager needs counseling and the owner is sat with a large grin on his fat face counting money.

It’s not supporting you’re team it’s feeding a problem.
    If a shop had poor products you wouldn’t keep buying them time after time.

• 81 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Has anybody mentioned that Pardew actually was the tea lady for those coaching sessions with Mourinho and Rodgers? Yes and his mouth was full of biscuits for the whole time. The crunching was so loud he couldn’t here a thing but the tea was lovely to wash down the biscuits!

• 82 IITianToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM

@G2 The LMA award is a possibility. Wor Alan has the ‘Manager who applied his head most’ award pretty much locked in.

• 83 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Have you lot seen how the Monty Python lads play football? It reminds me a great deal of the current Newcastle side. Beautiful.

• 84 IITianToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM

@toon kk They go because of hope. It’s like a bad relationship with a woman. All logic screams “Get out Get out”, but the heart always keeps saying “Maybe one last try?” :)

• 85 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM

G2…are you cheating on us with some other blog mate?

• 86 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Is it possible we can get a bronze statue of wor Alan head butting Meylor erected outside St. James Park Mike? It’s something we just won’t ever want to forget.

• 87 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:52 PM

G2…speaking of Monty Python I just saw the Spam sketch again a few weeks ago ;)

• 88 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Yes I am jesper mate. When it comes to Official Blog Hobbit business I can be quite ruthless. I’m offering special prizes, visits to Blog End, and numerous exciting giveaways on the other site as well. Beautiful.

• 89 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Don’t get me started on the spam sketch jesper mate. I will be offering fish dance lessons if you come for a visit however. :shock:

• 90 mag // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Where Ashley and Pardew are concerned, the only structure that should be erected is a Gallows.

• 91 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:56 PM

You have to buy your own salmon for the lessons of course jesper.

• 92 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Spot on IITianToon mate. Keep up the good work. If enough of us get behind Pardew maybe we can push him right out of the club. He’s been eating the meat pies with his mate Benny so we’ll have to push hard.

• 93 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 6:59 PM

The gas man is coming soon. Off to get ready lads. Hope to join you later.

• 94 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:00 PM

G2…of course! I wouldn’t have thought other wise ;)

• 95 mag // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:01 PM

G2 its a bit kinky using a Salmon for self flagellation.

• 96 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:08 PM

By doesn’t SJP look in a tacky state with all the SD adds every where you look.
    No wonder Mash couldn’t give a monkeys about the football with all that free advertising. He’s more interested in the world seeing his real passion advertised

• 97 Mike's Iron Curtain // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:13 PM

This would be a successful window for a club of our stature, that has intent to challenge for European places and domestic trophies, being realistic about the situation of individuals within the squad -

OUT:
    Colo – 5m
    Debuchy – 8m
    Jonas – 3m
    Marveaux – 2m (unfortunately think he’ll be beyond fed up by now)
    Obertan – 1m
    Shola – free (crack open the champagne)
    De Jong
    Remy

IN:

Richards – 5m
    Lescott – free
    Menez – free
    Lallana – 15-20m (Cabaye replacement, break the bank for England’s best playmaker)
    Adam Johnson – 8m
    Lukaku – 20m

Net Spend – 43m

I’d like to add Santon to the outgoings, but I’ve only added those I think are gonna be gone, no matter what happens.

The fat wad will still have 30m+ left over to bite into his debt and bring it below 100m.

Most crucial change – Pardew out! Modern thinking manager in!

_______________Krul_______________
    Richards___Mbiwa___Lescott___Haidara
    __________Sissoko__Tiote
    Menez_________Lallana_________HBA
    _______________Lukaku

Subs:Elliot, Willo, Sant on, Anita, Johnson, Gouffran, Cisse

Rest of squad made up of: Alnwick, Raylor, Dummet, Tavernier, Saylor, Abeid, Gosling (worth a new deal and could be further up the initial pecking order), Bigi, Ferguson, Vuckic, Sammy, Campbell, Armstrong

Shame that’ll only ever be a fantasy, despite being very achievable if the desire to make it happen was there! If only, eh?

• 98 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:18 PM

In the spirit of awards how about the ‘THWBBBTYTOTBSA’?

(thought he would be better this year but turned out to be sxxte award).

I think it’s a tough one. For Shola, I never thought he’d improve so he loses out. HBA wasn’t given enough opportunities to prove anything, same with Marveaux. So, it’s got to be De Jong…

• 99 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Wrong initials?!

• 100 Mike's Iron Curtain // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Cyprus

Santon, he should be ashamed of himself.

• 101 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Toon kk
    So what if Ashley is here for the long haul then mate……..Say another 10 years.Do you really expect fans not to go to another match ??

• 102 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM

And if you feel like Nufc isn’t worth getting out of bed for pal go support someone else That might offer you some glory

• 103 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM

True that. But he’s been injured a lot…

• 104 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:31 PM

With a new coach this club could get you glory TKK!

Lallana? Good call, streets ahead of Cabs, can dribble and play fast, unlike our ex maestro

• 105 theartfuldodger // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Damn…Pardew is still here…

• 106 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Just off to put a fiver on an Aguero hat-trick ;) .

• 107 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM

That guy’s rusty. Go with the big guy Dzeko, if he’s on.

• 108 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Mag I always fish dance with a partner. The Spanish are very keen on self fish flagellation when they are not massaging their own nipples. We could ask the Stud Muffing about that. Harrumph. Some interesting additions to the club awards. It’s clearly going to take us a while. Hmmmm. Shola long term twat versus De Jong, new incoming twat showing tremendous ineptitude. Very difficult. Saylor head battering versus Mbiwa penalty giveaways in the box. Marveaux versus Benny. Is Benny overweight enough to win both midfield awards outright? Stay tuned.

• 109 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Ok take a break lads! If they’re itchy scratch them now. Then we’ll get back to it. Harrumph.

• 110 welshgeordie9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Swansea o Swansea o city said I,
    I’ll stand here on the north bank until the day i die,
    Take me to the vetch field
    Way down by the sea
    Where I will follow Swansea
    SWANSEA CITY..

Have newcastle got a song like that

I still follow newcastle before you jump on my back

• 111 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:48 PM

LOOOOOOOL .

I can see a spanking on the cards here like ;) .

• 112 Graeme // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:50 PM

3 minutes played, scum 0-1 down!! Oh dear, how sad lol

• 113 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Some really interesting stuff there MIC @97. Net spend 43M for Mike though? I’m hearing the screams of agony from the castle already. And the dominatrix hasn’t arrived yet mate.

• 114 welshgeordie9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I take that as a no then

It’s good to talk

Dear me

• 115 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Can anyone remember what match Shola scored in this season? No cheating by looking on the net for this one mates. I’m offering the same prize on this site. Yes you guessed it. It’s the Official Blog Hobbit Pocket Lint Remover. Taxes, shipping, and batteries not included. :shock:

• 116 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:03 PM

What’s this Swansea singing business on a Newcastle Blog then welshie mate? It looks suspiciously welsh to me. We have rules you know. Well….they’re more like guidelines really. Still. Harrumph!!!! G2. OBH.

• 117 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:05 PM

GT…has Shola scored?

• 118 welshgeordie9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:07 PM

I just want to know if newcastle have a song like the swans

• 119 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Yes jesper Shola has scored this season! Pay attention mate! Harrumph! We’re talking about one of our deadliest strikers here! I mean really! I’m just trying to test the knowledge of this lot. Which game and in which competition did he score for the fabulous prize mentioned above? You can participate if you like jesper. Tax, shipping, and batteries not included.

• 120 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:12 PM

We would never want a song like the swans welshie mate. Now you’re just being silly. Harrumph!

• 121 welshgeordie9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Why won’t you have a song similar to that

• 122 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:17 PM

I’m noticing a real tendency toward nasty, sly, and otherwise negative comments toward Mike NoNuts on here. It’s quite nice. I’m happy with it if the rest of you are. OBH.

• 123 welshgeordie9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Especially the full version it’s quite catchy

• 124 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:18 PM

If it’s about swans and other weird water fowl we’re just not interested welshie mate. We hope you’ll understand. G2. OBH.

• 125 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Jazzyp
    MA must love people like you mate, call yourself a supporter. You’re in a minority if you’re happy with what you’re watching and the running of the club.
    I’ve supported Newcastle all my life but I can’t put myself threw watching the dross on show at the moment.
    Im not saying abandon the club but there’s no point pretending its a garden of roses either.

• 126 welshgeordie9 // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Well it was a thought, anyway looking forward to the match at the weekend

• 127 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I thought Shola’s last goal was against QPR last season ? .

• 128 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:26 PM

You’re not going to sing the full version now are you welshie mate? Have some mercy on us. We already support Newcastle. Do you not think we’ve suffered enough?

• 129 lesh // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Just reflecting on the annual Liverpool feast – the mourning for Hillsborough.

The BBC commentator referred to it as the biggest sports disaster of all time.

Biggest sports disaster of all time? What about Ashley’s ownership of Newcastle United!

• 130 GeordieTwo // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Ahhhh! That’s where you’re wrong Big Pappa. This is a very, very difficult test to win the Official Blog Hobbit Pocket Lint Remover. And another Ameobi scored in the same match! Imagine that if you will! Beautiful. That’s why we need both of them for years and years to come.

• 131 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I reckon Shola must give the best blow-job in the North East as for whatever reason he has managed to stay at a PL club for 10 plus years .

Nothing against the bloke as a person (have actually met him before, nice guy) but he is Championship level at best .

• 132 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Don’t worry lads, In an alternate Universe Ashley tripped over a Gregg’s cheese pasty into a Sports Direct mug and died on impact .

This lead to Keegan coming back and none of our players had been sold therefore we had this team :

—————————-Krul——————————-

–Debuchy——–Willo——–M’biwa——–Enrique–

————-Sissoko———————–Tiote————-

—HBA—————–Cabaye——————-Remy—

—————————–Ba——————————–

We played attacking football and were challenging for the Champions League .

If only :( .

• 133 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Sholas last PL goal was a drab affair against QPR a year and a half ago, a goal last Septemberish against some league two club and an international goal at Craven cottage gives him an unenviable strike rate.

• 134 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Toonkk
    Take a step back and engage your brain before typing mate.Where did I ever say I was happy with the dross that’s being served up at present.
    I see everyone’s frustration Where Nufc is concerned at present with Ashley-Pardew ect.
    If you have been a fan all your life then im sure you have witnessed times like this……being relegated for one.
    Just because fans choose to go to Sjp makes them no worse of a fan that chooses to stay away

• 135 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM

If I may, I’d like to ask a question.

All the reports over the past few days have been of unrest in the dressing room and that at least eight players will be leaving NUFC come the summer.

So my question is just how many Ameobi brothers are there?, and are there enough to field a full side plus sub’s?…………….as there’s no way in hell that Ashley will part with enough cash to replace all those who want away and all those who will be sent away!!!

• 136 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Jazzyp,
    It’s too much to ask for people to boycott all the games as it’s a way of life for some people, but surely a fifteen minute boycott while a televised game is being shown, unless some people are prepared to suffer the dross because they had it worse 25 years ago and others prepared to suffer it because they can afford to go to games.

• 137 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:52 PM

LOL everton beat us 3-0

• 138 anthc // Apr 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Palace beating everton. Average group of players with limited resources beating a good side. Pulis might be old school but hes organised that lot who on paper aren’t as good as us but are beating a team who thrashed us in our back yard. pardew is up there with the worst of them!

• 139 lesh // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Listening to Radio 5 and would hope that Ashley was.

Pardew’s had some sympathy simply because he’s Ashley’s scapegoat.

Newcastle United seems to be as laughing stock no longer, people genuinely feel for the way Ashley’s just run it and the fans into the ground!

• 140 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I cannot even remember Shola scoring! Beginning to think it’s a myth ;)

• 141 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:06 PM

lesh

It’s hard to have any sympathy for us we have done nothing to change the situation at the club. Ashley has run roughshod over us for years and we’ve simply sat back and accepted it………………some even to this day, continue to try to find and make excuses for the man.

Until we stand together as one nothing is going to change……………….the very sad fact is that next season things are going to get a hell of a lot worse than they have been this time round

• 142 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Jail
    Yes mate it is a way of life for some fans,Every weekend that’s all they live for.But if it meant boycotting a game to prove appoint to the hierarchy,Then I see this more achievable and accepting rather than total boycott all together.

• 143 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Jazzyp
    I have witnessed all sorts over the years. , but I’m talking about the present.
    There is a lot of frustration among fans at the moment I’m not saying they should never go to SJP I’m just wondering what they get out of it at the moment? I can’t wait to get back once there’s something worth watching.

• 144 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:09 PM

anthc

Pulis plays no frills football but there is no better manager for keeping a new team to the prem league in it…not the man to take you to top 10 consistently but he can certainly do a job.

He is a manager who knows how to organise a team, not just pick 11 players like our mad man in charge,

There is real creativity in his set plays too, Martinez said he was the best in world football at creating set plays.

• 145 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Quick question lads.

If you could have any manager in world football who would it be ? .

I would chose Klopp, closely followed by Simeone

• 146 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Boycotts, even 15 mins at the start, are not the answer…not because it wouldn’t work, i’m sure it would have an impact, but for the main reason you will never get enough willing o stay away….doesn’t happen at any club.

Look at how liverpool fans forced out hicks and gillette.

• 147 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM

• 148 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM

The got celebrity fans to make a video, protesting against the owners.

• 149 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:15 PM

big pappa

I like klopp, plays very good attacking football, always looks to entertain.

Also like rogers and martinez.

But probably mourinho, not for exciting football, the mna just knows how to win.

• 150 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:18 PM

• 151 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Fair play to the Mackems, If that was us after conceding in the third minute it would be 5-0 by now .

Still maintain I would have Poyet at NUFC .

• 152 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Big Pappa Cissé

Pardew is a very average manager but Poyet isn’t any better to be fair

• 153 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Toon kk
    And there lies a problem mate…….Fans turning on one another.Lets hope next season there’s something watchin eh!

• 154 lesh // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM

JackButler…. I’m afraid you’re right Jack and sad to say, I wonder if fans and the City feel as though that the stuffing’s been knocked out of ‘em?

If I’m typical, I’ll wave the white flag and concede victory to Ashley. One man, one man has near disheartened a once proud nation.

=(

• 155 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM

WOW ! .

• 156 lesh // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM

mackems 2-1

• 157 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM

JB@150
    Lol.Best laugh ive had all day mate.
    1-2 to the scum

• 158 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM

jack

Poyet I think at least has a philosphy and sets the team up in a certain way, to play passing football. He might get a lot wrong, especially recently, with team selection but he isn’t as bad as pardew.

I always defended pardew but the more i look at things the more i realise he genuinely doesn’t have a style of play or a clue about defending.

Surely when missing top goal scorer you just make your self hard to beat and work on some clever set plays…he does neither.

• 159 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM

lesh

It’s a sad fact mate but we have become our own worst enemies where Ashley is concerned. All this talk of sacking Pardew is borderline laughable as even if he were sacked the very man that employed him and gave him his eight year contract would be the same man to name his replacement. If people think that sacking Pardew would solved the problems at the club they are kidding themselves.

As long as Ashley remains, the same problems will remain

• 160 Graeme // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Shitty 1-2 scum with 7 mins to go lol
    They are playing far better football that we have seen this year, maybe just screwed shitty for the title lol

• 161 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Trouble is we lack pace to play quick attractive football.

Our main trouble at the moment I think there’s been a big fall out in the dressing room, probably down to Pardew.

• 162 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Sunderlans 2-1 up

• 163 Graeme // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Nasri equalised at 2-2 with 2 mins left

• 164 Toon Tang // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

fcuking get in man shitty hahahah

• 165 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Shame for Manone as I think he is a top class keeper . I would get rid of Elliot and bring him in as backup for Krul

• 166 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM

JB…then we just have to choose to believe that NoNuts can make amends!

…for my sanity and well being I have to choose to believe that – what you guys do is up to you :)

• 167 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM

…new manager YES please!

• 168 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM

@ toon

Sissoko is one of the fastest players in the league, HBA is fast, so is Remy & Gouffran .

The players aren’t the problem, its Pardew .

• 169 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM

jesper

The sad fact is that Pardew has hit all his targets this season, Ashley will never have been happier :(

• 170 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Players I would take from the Mackems :

Manone
    Colback
    Borini
    Wickham

• 171 Online Guy // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

G2…your wish is my c….

• 172 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM

JB…screw Pardew and screw NoNuts ;)

…I am taking back this football club!

• 173 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Online
    How good’s the source mate on your info last night Re Krull on his way out ??

• 174 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

ohhh…but if Pardew looses the last 4 games, we can still finish outside top 10 – then NoNuts target it not meet ;) win win for everyone

• 175 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

jesper

If we finish outside the top 10 then Ashley will offer to have Pardew’s children as he won’t have to pay out on bonuses plus he’ll be 100k up after old lose neck butted the Hull lad

• 176 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Yes your right Pardew is the main problem, I didn’t used to think he was to bad at one stage but his decisions have me baffled.
    I still think a bit more pace is required though. Although when Remy is in the squad it seems to waken us up.

• 177 Graeme // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Hi online – I have been away 2 days – did you get anything more from your meetings, questions etc?

• 178 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Looks like Barca have been Pardew’d tonight………….shocking!!!!!

• 179 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:52 PM

JB…but target is not meet ;)

• 180 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

jesper…targets are written off when it save’s the fat man money ;)

• 181 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM

JB…but remember finishing lower actually cost NoNuts money in terms of prize money ;)

…we could hire a new manager for those money!

• 182 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM

…it’s as good as stealing ;) lol

• 183 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:58 PM

jesper….he’s un-sackable mate, as much as I hate to say it or write it, its the truth……………………never mind only seven years left (let’s just hope he doesn’t sign a contract extension)

• 184 Marty-Toon // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Watched the palace game,
    Pulis has them playing well,they’re not just lumpin it up the field like we would do.
    Puncheon is quality.

• 185 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM

JB…just what I wanted to hear mate ;) lol

• 186 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I wonder what our transfer kitti will be? Anyone like to have a wild guess?

• 187 Marty-Toon // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Would have Puncheon over Ben Arfa
    Or would like to see Ben Arfa play like puncheon

• 188 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM

toon kk

Whats a transfer kitty???

• 189 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Jackb
    good question!

• 190 Graeme // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Toon kk – The reality would be the Club profit, plus player transfer profit, plus the tv payment – so somewhere North of £100 million.
    The actual money available, well, I doubt it will make it past £25 million – if we are lucky!!!

• 191 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Barca are turning up the heat.

• 192 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I can’t see any transfer fund being over £20 million as those agents fee’s are astronomical remember!!!

• 193 Graeme // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM

JB – and thats just for the “Free Transfers”!!!!!!!!

• 194 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Take a bow Mr. Bale – What a goal!!!

• 195 lesh // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Yes Jack.

Ashley is the cancer that’s eating away the heart, the soul of people who’ve worked hard to have the money to support a club that now appears to have no ambition.

52000 fans commit their money to visiting SJP, travel many miles to support their team, the players who carry the flag of a great city, Newcastle upon Tyne.

But carrying a flag that’s there to be proud. Of, to fight for.

But fight? Fight for what?

Troops are sent to war to win wars and winning battles lead to winning the war, achieve a goal.

But what goal is Ashley aiming for? To win what? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Winning a few battle, games means nothing unless doing so are means to an end – a trophy?

Ashley sees no winning other than enough to keep Newcastle United in the Prem. That is not victory, that is not winning something.

So, what is the point of fighting if there’s nothing to be won? What is the point of playing a game (the players may ask themselves) if there’s nothing to be won?

We have a manager who’s there to inspire his players but why bother if there’s nowt to be won?

We have an owner who seems to think that the Club’s supporters are happy to give the Club their money to cheer their club to win…. But there’s no desire to win.

Ashley must realise that his patronising gestures of letting fans pay money to gain nothing must soon come to an end when many thousands spend their money on something else, something that provides pleasure.

Ashley, please change or get out of our City!

• 196 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Brilliant from Bale, pace to score

• 197 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:13 PM

What a goal Bale .

And people say he is overrated ? .

• 198 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM

…and sadly 52.000 will keep going despite all that!

• 199 JackButler // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM

lesh

We will do nothing other than survive under Ashley and survive for the smallest outlay possible.

This isn’t about passion, love of the club, the city, it’s people or our history – it’s all about one simple thing and that is greed

• 200 Toon Tang // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Crystal palace reet up our backdoors as well. Top 10 finish aint as nailed on as they would have us think

• 201 lesh // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Jack, you’ve summed Ashley’s motivation up perfectly.
    The sooner he sells up and ships out (now that was polite eh?), the better.

• 202 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM

the mackem result was huge for liverpool…means they need to only draw with chelsea (and win the other 3 games) to win the title

• 203 theartfuldodger // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Yup, Ashley wont invest much and replace all those leaving. Use the kids he will say.

Battling relegation next year.

• 204 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:44 PM

sage aye but would still absolutley love it if we broke every single scousers hearts and dreams on the last day of the season would be very very very funny and be some payback for them fuskin up our title!

what a goal by bale aswell to be able to do that after 80 odd mins is unbelievable

• 205 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM

manx

I’m happy going into that game as I think they deserve the title, played some great football this season, always looking to score.

But also happy to ruin it for them…so win win for me.

• 206 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM

manx

on bale…yeh was fantastic, even with our new fitness coach we look shot to pieces after 60 minutes, doubt any of our lads could run like that in the first minute.

• 207 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:55 PM

yeah fair enough but you know you’ll never hear the end of it ever lol but i suppose its also nice to see the billionaire teams gettin shaken up

yeah we’d be lucky to see that in a season tbh and wat a 1st season he’s had i thought he’d actually crumble with the weight of expectation glad i was wrong tho

plus we might have the best league in the world but foreign atmospheres piss all over the english ones

• 208 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:58 PM

manx

Yeh love the atmosphere’s abroad, me and tads were talking about it, looking at clips of italian and german clubs with announcers, looked amazing.

Liverpool are hardly miserly though…spent a fortune on players like sakho…the one thing rogers can’t do, he seems to struggle to sign good players.

• 209 toon kk // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I wonder what goes on in training and how we can’t seem to handle pacey teams we just look shattered. Poor fitness levels to other clubs.

• 210 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:05 PM

toon kk

I think it comes from lack of shape as well as fitness, people don’t seem to know who covers who, where to drop off, when to follow a runner, who to mark….it’s just shambolic.

But fitness is a huge issue, they are all blowing after an hour

• 211 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:07 PM

well we know wat ashley has done to ours but i blame the women lol

i know they’ve spent alot but compared to the man cities or chelseas its no where near recently anyways

aye there seems to be a bit of a flaw there actually as borini suggests do they have a director of football still?

• 212 Transfer Sage // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:12 PM

manx

I’m really not too sure how they set up over there now.

I’m never a fan of a director of football buying players himself…I think you need a man in that sort of position over seeing the whole structure of the club, buying into a philosophy and making sure from youth to first team that players and coaches/managers fit that style.

So in theory the manager, coach, scout and director should all be singing from the same hymn sheet and be looking for the same type of players and the manager just says what position needs filling.

• 213 manxpie // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:21 PM

yeah agree sage it makes the most sense to me but 1 things for sure joe kinnear shouldn’t be in any of them roles lol im of anyways have a goodin

• 214 TurkishFan101 // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Hi lads!

If we lose our remaining games which look likely, then we will be able to finish 11th as Crystal Palace and Stoke City look likely to finish above us.

This will show the whole squad and stupid coaching staff that luck cannot get them free bonus £££££.

I hope we finish 11th or even below if that’s possible.

• 215 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Technically I think we can finish 14th. I haven’t cross checked which teams are playing who – just done a very quickly math!

• 216 stan anderson // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:37 PM

What is the big deal about finishing top 10.
    Thats no mans land.
    Thats for the losers.
    THat will keep Pardew in his job.
    Thats the target Ashley aims at.not to win anything

• 217 DG MAGPIE // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:46 PM

When do awy tickets for Anfeild go on sale?!!

• 218 jimiley // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Will Pards get the sack at the end of the season? No, he will get a bonus for finishing 10th. Thats how crap this club has become. The manager who sets records for bad results and he will get a bonus. We could lose 10 nil to Sunderland at home and the crap owner will want to keep him as long as we finish anywhere between 4th bottom and 7th. No Cups or Europe please. I will not waste my money on this crap club anymore.

• 219 TurkishFan101 // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:52 PM

@jimiley

But the chances of finishing above 10th has skimmed down.

We can as Jesper pointed out finish as low as 14th, fans will be roaring out loud to get the cockney idiot out of our club and the coaching staff + players wont get the bonus £££££££££££££££ for not giving a piles of crap at all.

• 220 jimiley // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Turkish,

getting rid of Pards solves nothing. He is not the cancer but merely a symptom of it. We need to get rid of the fat man.

• 221 jimiley // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM

What is the point of a club which does not want to win anything? It is not fit for purpose and does not justify any support. A 50 year supporter speaks.

• 222 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:01 AM

have you’s read this?

this c@nt boils my piss and he has the nerve to have the Stadium of shite on his background photo

• 223 jimiley // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Hartlepool can never win the Premiership but the club aspires to win something. It may be promotion or it may be a Cup win, however unlikely that will be. Hartlepool would never play a reserve team against Arsenal because of league games. The monkey hangers would aspire to win Cup games and we use the league as an excuse to exit Cups. Not fit for purpose.

• 224 Black and White with an army lol // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM

don’t worry lads MA & AP will be gone after next season when we get relegated

• 225 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Pardew is equally a big problem just like NoNuts!

…they are to blame for different things. You are accountable for your own actions and that goes for Parsnip as well.

• 226 jimiley // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Black and White,
    I will gladly take relegation to get rid of the owner and start afresh. A no brainer for me..

• 227 lesh // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:12 AM

jimiley…. Pardew’s but a malignant growth in a body that’s got no real resistance. Cut that growth out and another’ll pop up somewhere else.

Address the source of the cancer, treat it and the disease should be arrested.

Ashley is that poison affecting Newcastle United but how do we rid ourselves of it?

:-S

• 228 jimiley // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Lesk,

Spot on.
    After 50 years I have stopped going. Stay away. Its the only way to get rid of the cancer.

• 229 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Accountability mates!…accountability

• 230 manxpie // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM

the rot started when the january window slammed shut!
    when pardew realised there was no new players coming in
    when the players knew there was no new players coming in
    when the fans knew there was no new players coming in

who’s to blame!???

• 231 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Yourself for believing that I suppose!

• 232 Online Guy // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Manx

Just back in the fold here ..How did you do old bean ?

• 233 Online Guy // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Manx you there . ? I’m all ears.

• 234 manxpie // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM

jesper what??

please explain?

• 235 manxpie // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:32 AM

online i haven’t got round to it yet, so i notice i don’t need to apologise?

• 236 Online Guy // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Aye, no bother Manx. its ok , in the meantime I’m. watching this on BBC Iplayer

• 237 LeToonARMY // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM

My team for the Swansea match would be

__________________KRUL_________________
    _DEBUCHY___WILLO___COLLO___DUMMET__
    __SANTON__ANITA___TIOTE____GOUFFRAN_
    ___________REMY______CISSE___________

SUBS:

MBIWA
    HAIDIRA
    GOSLING
    BEN ARFA
    DE JONG
    ARMSTRONG

• 238 manxpie // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:45 AM

thats good online will let ya know when i get the same e-mail
    btw my old footy trainer is the double of michael palin always made me parents laugh

jesper was that it?

or are you gonna say that that window didn’t have an effect on the club?

• 239 manxpie // Apr 17, 2014 at 12:50 AM

saying that you haven’t watched them since but still spend every day on an nufc blog :) ;) :( ;(

• 240 jimmysmith // Apr 17, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Newcastle Utd have always been various degrees of rotten, as far as I can tell, aside from a spell in the early part of last century, the decade following the war, the fairs cup, and a few seasons under Keegan and Robson, when they were less so. Seriously indebted to their loyal and long suffering fans and now a billionaire owner apparently wringing the life out of it to add even further abject insult to grievous injury.

• 241 manxpie // Apr 17, 2014 at 1:49 AM

jesus just read the the earlier posts!

jail so its alrite for you to have your own blog policy and question everyone that supports ashley? yeah?

but its not mine to question a poster who says he has spoken to the most reclusive person in britain?

or the fact that an “older” poster who had sons that were agents and travelled far and wide to watch the team died and then got his family to post a message on here as his dying wish??

come on like!

and then there was mr hypocrite himself jesper who says “As always it seems like you have misunderstood the usage of this blog”

how exactly jesper? and remember you can’t contradict yaself here good luck!?

• 242 Santon03 // Apr 17, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Maybe we just need a huge banner saying:
    “Mike Ashley we just want a great manager nothing else, please sack pardew.”

It’s simple and doesn’t sound like asking too much for MA. Surely he can grant this wish.

• 243 Santon03 // Apr 17, 2014 at 5:53 AM

or

“pardew here, we’ll walk out”

• 244 Jail for Ashley // Apr 17, 2014 at 6:05 AM

From NUFC.com
    This Saturday sees the Swans migrate to Tyneside for a 3pmkickoff, with their three season stay in the Premier League still under threat – although a second successive win at SJP would strengthen their hand considerably.

-And were that to happen, then Alan Pardew would acquire another unwanted record for his expanding collection; namely that of the first United manager to lose five successive Premier League fixtures.

• 245 Jail for Ashley // Apr 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM

He’s already in the four in a row club twice, a feat unrivalled, if he loses this one on Saturday and keeps his job then he really is unsackable, nobody knows what idiocy is implanted in Mashers mind, does he release 30M for this baffoon to keep us mid table or does his greed say well this squad got you tenth with one new striker you surely can manage 12th next season, sell Krul for 8M and bring in ST for 10M, if all is going well by January sell best saleable asset to make up shortfall.

• 246 Jail for Ashley // Apr 17, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Santon 03,
    You probably haven’t witnessed our famous stadium when things get ugly, there won’t be many people saying please.

• 247 Jail for Ashley // Apr 17, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Manxpie,
    You are Lucifer in disguise !

• 248 Santon03 // Apr 17, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Jail

I hope it won’t get ugly, therefore saying please might help prevent that. who knows by asking politely we might get what we want, it’s probably never been tried before.
    Well.. if we asked something simple and politely still nothing then ….

• 249 Santon03 // Apr 17, 2014 at 6:37 AM

our demmand is reasonable and we have been very patient

• 250 Jail for Ashley // Apr 17, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Santon 03,
    Firstly, the crowd are waiting for an excuse to have a go, if Swansea go one up it will go ballistic.
    Secondly,
    Pardew does enough brown nosing and bum licking, don’t expect 50K Geordies to do that.

• 251 theartfuldodger // Apr 17, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I think Pardews 8 yr contract has yearly targets.
    If he does not meet them ,he can be sacked with little or no compensation

Last year Pardew could have been sacked. He wasnt.
    This yr he cant be, cause he has reached his target.

Next yr again, it will be top 10(maybe top 8) depending on transfers.

We shall get a cretive midfielder, striker, young striker and maybe another player spending 25-30m approx in total (including cabayes 20m).
    That restors our squad and hands Pardew a challenge for top 8
    (Secretly top 10)

Whats interesting is whether Ashley has put in mid year targets or transfer budgets per year.(Percentage of profit + percentage of sales money)
    I think he has.

(That explains why Kinnear was removed, he had 10-12m to spend but cudnt plan properly)

• 252 Jail for Ashley // Apr 17, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Artfuld,
    Pure speculation on JfK there pal and very wishful thinking as regards to transfers.

• 253 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM

dodger…there are still 4 games to go so if top 10 is the target then Parsnip is not safe yet mate ;)

• 254 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 17, 2014 at 7:40 AM

J4A…now Lucifer (wrath) is more fitting in terms of the 7 deadly sins I mentioned yesterday ;)

• 255 Jail for Ashley // Apr 17, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Jesper,
    I can’t see palace winning all there remaining games and I think we could get two points with a couple of 0-0 draws, if Remy plays again we might even win one.

• 256 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 17, 2014 at 7:45 AM

J4A…it is not very usual for a manager to throw away half a season and still finish this high ;)

…and even more so still being in a job! But you might be right!

• 257 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 17, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Manx…you have absolutely no blog etiquette what so ever or sense of situation.

previous post: Newcastle In Turmoil – 11 Places Above Sunderland

next post: How Will Newcastle Fare Against Swansea?