Newcastle Set Sights On Arsenal Defender

Newcastle have been linked with Arsenal right back Carl Jenkinson a few times this year, and the 22 year-old English International would be a good acquisition, if we can get him on Tyneside for a decent fee.

carl jenkinson

Carl Jenkinson – a Newcastle target in the summer

There are some Newcastle players who will definitely be leaving Newcastle in the summer – and they include players like Shola Ameobi, Luuk de Jong (not good enough), Loic Remy (too good), Romain Amalfitano and Jonas Gutierrez among others.

And then there are players who could be sold if Newcastle receive a bid that meets Mike Ashley’s valuation of the player – as happened in January with Yohan Cabaye.

And they include players like Mathieu Debuchy, Tim Krul and Davide Santon, and if the news coming out of France is accurate, PSG could well come in with a decent offer for the French International right back,  and he could rejoin his best friend Yohan Cabaye in Paris.

So Newcastle in that case would need to replace Mathieu, and maybe that’s why we have been linked with Jenkinson this year.

Carl is a good attacking right back, and he signed for Arsenal in June 2011 from Charlton Athletic, for a fee thought to be around £1M.

And he’s already appeared 55 times for Arsenal, and if Newcastle can get a decent price on the player, he could be a good acquisition for Newcastle in the summer, and of course Alan Pardew has said he hopes to get more British players into the squad.

He’s played five times for the England U21 side and once for England, and he’s also played for the Finland Youth sides through to the U21 level, because his mother is Finnish (his father is English).

Carl stands 6’1″ tall, was born in Harlow, and we hope he’s one of the six or seven players that Newcastle bring in over the summer months.

Note: Craig Finnigan is a Newcastle fan and graduated from Newcastle College in 2011, and he has created a one-off key ring, and all the profits will go to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
You can view and buy the specially designed key ring here.

Thanks.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM

martoon/Doktoon…it might sound tough or simply just wrong in many ears but, sometime we all have to look at the bigger picture rather than just what is right in front of us! 🙂

…now I can accept that both you guys would want us to win no matter what – fair enough, and I can accept that you might never want to give up season ticket if you are season ticket holder. All I am asking is that you show us the same respect and curiosity? 🙂

…for some of us loosing the rest of the season is not a bad thing because good things can come of it.

• Shot Bru

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM

De Jong reminds me of Guivarch..to be fair to the dood….It must’ve been bad for him at his German club to come and play for Pardew and his coaching staff.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM

ANOTHER REPOST
    Martoon,We have had lots of definitions off the word ‘supporter’ bandied about, someone actually said that those sho attend games aren’t supporters. I don’t particularly want to see us get beat but if I’m being totally honest I don’t really give a fusk if we do or not, the players have given up and the manager and owner are a pair of tw@ts.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM

every time I’ve seen him he looks poor like tomkins at west ham. typical pardew signing.

Posted 16/4/2014 12:59
    #420576
    Subject: On top of what Elliot said…

It has been brought to my attention that during Keegan’s time here he had a goal difference ratio of +148 yet Pardew has a goal difference of -32

Now correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t that say a few things. 1, Keegan didn’t have a sh–e defence regardless of what people say. 2, Isn’t Pardew meant to be a defensive coach who trains the team how I defend the majority of the week and 3, Elliot says Pardew is a better manager?

I’m afraid the stats don’t add up for what he said.

• martoon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Jail & Jesper – I’m not one of those who thinks you have to attend matches to call yourself a supporter but surely whether you go to SJP or watch the match on TV or a dodgy stream if you support a team you want them to win – surely that is the whole point!
    I get it you’re extremely p*ssed off like most of us at the moment and you want change but I don’t think I am being disrespectful by saying wanting us to lose is not the way.

• ethiotoon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM

hey guys i couldn’t download anything from youtube.can u recommend me the best software that help me download videos from youtube??

• martoon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Rotonda @4 – That is an excellent stat although I have to say this probably sounds like I am defending Pardew but I’m not just simply stating facts. I would imagine Keegan had a hell of a lot more money to spend than Pardew – I wonder how goal ration per million pounds spent would stack up?

• Shot Bru

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Martoon…it might be better if we all stood up during the game and shouted to Pardew ala Allardyce ‘You don’t know what you’re doing’ it might knock a bit of cockiness out of him!!

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Martoon,
    I’m not saying I want us to lose, I’m saying that I wont be disappointed if we do, the players who are paid astronomical amounts don’t care, why should I, and the irony is Pardew will get his bonus regardless, it’s a fuskin sick joke !

• Mister Tuff

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:25 PM

martoon – but what if the club has no ambition -evidenced by public statements of no interest in cups, mid table satisfaction, not much spending, no replacements etc.
    Compare this with a fans dream of winning the league, cups, being entertained with good football.
    Is there a middle ground -when the clubs “ambitions” do not reflect those of the fans.

• James RS

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Don’t rate him that’s why Arsenal want rid. Good championship defender and maybe for an unambitious premiership club but surely not Newcastle.

• DokToon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM

jesper,

of course id respect your thoughts and logic… just because i dont agree with you once in a while doesnt mean i dont enjoy the chats… i was catching up and saw soemones posts, and know they are a troll anyways…

i just cannot ever, no matter how bad, wish for us to lose… thats like saying i work for budweiser, and drinking the other guys beer… makes no sense to me…

i do hope we learn something about our club, and that most importantly, MA learns that if youre not progressing, youre regressing…

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Martoon…will it really make that big a difference table wise?

…long term we need change at Newcastle and we need a spark to start the fire. What if loosing the last 4 games can we just that?

Is that all bad? For me it isn’t. In many ways I don’t really care anymore – I have stopped watching the games as it is and something dramatic has to happen to change that,

• LoonyToon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM

ethiotoon

Use VLC and use the convert/save option in the file menu. Go to the Network tab and enter your link. Click Convert/Save. When you’ve converted you may have to rename your file from .ps to mp4, avi or whatever.

I installed the latest version and it stopped working so I uninstalled and reinstalled a previous version. Look for version 2.0.5 if you have any bother.

There are also sites which offer the service for free. Does MiniTube allow you to download ?

Remember it’s illegal to download stuff from there without the owners permission.

Good luck.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Dok,
    You only drink Budweiser, that is possibly the most inappropriate analogy I’ve ever seen posted on here !

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Dok…I was not insinuating you didn’t respect me (I hope not that’s the case 😉 )

…if you want a truth, then those of you I respect the most and enjoy talking to the most are those I disagree with. Not on everything of course lol

• Bambams

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:38 PM

That’s Debuchy gone then…….

Krul was already interesting Juventus

Milan wantex Santon

Tiote allegedly interesting Manure (sure I read that somewhere)

So that will be probably at least £30-35million

Point is we are looking at cheaper alternatives already for one of our stronger positions rather than target better players for our weaker positions.

Just a thought and not saying it will happen.

Hopefully Ash has realised his mistakes and is going to spend some of the fortune he has amassed along with the extra tv money…..

😉

• theartfuldodger

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:39 PM

If Ashley announces that If we lose the last 4 games he will sell up and pardew will be gone, Do people still want us to win the remaining games ??

Its just a question of seeing the long term picture and evaluate the repurcussions of specific actions.

• DokToon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM

JfA…

no, i was stating it is hypocritical to support one thing, and then support the competetion, simply using beer as an example… i figure weve all been drinking since january and tried to relate it to something we all inbibe in… my apologies sir…

• Ancientcoptic

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Arsenal develop their young players, not sell them. The teams facing relegation is where the pickings will be. That or ligue 2 in France, I think we will struggle to recruit any top talent from Ligue 1… they are well aware by now that Ashley only makes offensive offers and ruins players under Pardew.

• LoonyToon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:42 PM

And can I just say I hate my club now. I really do hate them. Don’t get me wrong I still have love OUR club.

I just hate THE club. I’ve never felt so disheartened as I have recently. I’m ready to give up. I just find it all pointless and not worth worrying about anymore. And that’s down to this regime.

It’s rotten from top to bottom. The disdain they have for the fans is unbelievable.

And they had the gall to say to the local press last week they should support them (after being banned lol) What world do these lot live in. It seems like they have the attitude that they can do what they want and everyone should go along for the ride. And be grateful for it.

Arrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t want to rant. I just wanted to say I’m sick of them lol. Grrrrrrrrr bloody shits the lot of them.

Aaaaand relax. ommmmmm. ommmmmmm, ommmmmm ………………………

• Mister Tuff

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I read an article yesterday from a Toon supporter on the Footy Mad site – the article was entitled “Toon Fans cause Their Own Misery”. longish article basically supporting the regime and slagging off Toon fans who dared to criticise what is happening at SJP.
    At the beginning of the article the author wrote :-
    “We do have a billionaire that can ensure that we go about our business and gain over time. Unfortunately too many people keep harping on about the 5 year plan thinking the 5 year plan was to have us playing champions league football.
    The 5 year plan was to have us financially stable. It’s took slightly longer but we are there now. We are finacially stable and we can really push on from here, I’m certain of that”.

Clearly the author was re-inventing history -his clear lack of knowledge about the 5 year plan -was the basis of his article. For the sake of accuracy I should point out what was said at the time the 5 year plan was announced.
    “In five years we would hope to be challenging for everything”. (Llambias quote). I do not think there is any ambiguity about that phrase.
    I get slightly annoyed at people quoting things that are obviously not accurate -and as such I feel obliged to divert from my normal gentlemanly conduct on the blog and issue the following insult to the author of the article -sir you are a knobber, nay a complete knobber.
    Link to article:-

• LoonyToon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:43 PM

edit for above.

** for OUR club.

• ethiotoon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM

LoonyToon
    i really appreciated ur advice.i most oftenly use vso downloader to download newcastle highlights and mgr interviews.however this software recently stopped detecting urls.but u can try it,it’s really good app.i do have vlc 2.0.5,i’ll try it and will get back to u
    thanks again
    proud 2b geordi fan

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Ancient

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Loony toon

• Ancientcoptic

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Mister Tuff, I got a quick glimpse at that link, and read enough to know that I will not be returning to that website. The writer of that article has been hitting the kool-aid hard.

It is actually quite bizarre to see a club dedicated football website, writing an attack piece against fans. Perhaps not the smartest idea.

• martoon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Jesper @13 – If we lose the next 4 matches and it contributes to Pardew being sacked then so be it but I simply cannot wish for that to happen because I want us to win every game we play regardless. The point about football and the reason we all love it is it’s unpredictability – earlier this season who would have thought we would beat Chelsea 2 – 0 and we still could pull out a surprise result against Arsenal or Liverpool.Of course we could get beat by Cardiff but that is why I keep supporting and watching NUFC.

• stan anderson

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Pardew out,Souness and Wise in.
    Better off with Morecombe and Wise.

• dcdick

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Pardew Out !!!

• LoonyToon

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM

ethiotoon

VLC does work very well. And it’ll convert to mp3 too. You know, for the videos you upload yourself and need to extract from. Ahem. I can’t think of any other use for it.

26Himanshu

Excuse my ignorance but what’s with the +1.
    Is that a way of saying you agree?
    I know, I know. I’m thick.

• mindcompressor

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM

i think that tavernier deserves to receive a real chance, i know what league he is playing right now, however it seems he showed himself from bright side…

i think we got some lads in youth squads or on loan who can be good players for us next season (abeid, aarons, armstrong, good, tavernier, etc.). what we need is proper manager who can explore their talent and skills, so first link should be who can manager our team properly, not in ancient way.

• Thump

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:06 PM

@Rotonda (4): In fairness, Keegan’s philosophy was very much “attack is the best form of defence”. The goals we conceded under Keegan were usually because we committed far too many men forward or being undone by fantastic play. Under Pardew, we defend for 30 minutes and then push up 5 yards and get done on the “counter attack”.

Also, Poyet actually understands the mentality in the North East… I’m genuinely suprised.

• stuart no9

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:25 PM

secretly , i bet most of the fans are willing us to lose on saturday , i am , if it means another nail in pardews coffin , i am up for that because i want us to get better , i want nufc to be a proud club again because it is my club, if people want us to be in this mess for years and years , WHY? , do you not want to be proud of your club again? going to the match is supporting the regime , supporting robbers , supporting conmen , supporting owners who are hellbent on ruining your club supporting a club who are giving you nothing in return for your support . you are supporting that. and you call yourself fans . haha

• toon kk

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:32 PM

MA new exactly what he was getting into when he bought the club, I’m sure he had great ambitions and ideas at the start. But his total lack of football knowledge and no real guidance he made mistake after mistake.
    He obviously let his shrewd business mind take over, running the club with a with profits schedule. To do that you have to run risks, being relaxation.
    He knows that he’ll always fill SJP so that side of the business is a cert, which is being proved.
    Now onto players, he found out there’s a very profitable side after the sale of AC. Buy cheap sell on for profit. It doesn’t matter if he weakens the squad, he likes a gamble.

The most annoying part for me he could be a hero if he spent when needed without breaking the bank and had the squad properly managed. Loosing out on quality player’s for the sake of a couple of mill or not buying at all is just ridiculous greed.
    we here so many lies via Pards some fans think he running the club well, TDS as an example.

Who knows what the future holds for our club, I will always support NUFC but its not really worth supporting under MA.

• stuart no9

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:35 PM

mister tuff @ 22 whoever wrote that article has no idea what he is talking about . he’ll be blaming us for the heavy defeats and the derby defeats next, or is it just a wind up ?

• Rotonda heights

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM

martoon

wherever pardew has been his teams have had negative goal differences and will you give it up about Pardew not having funds.

Just because we didn’t spend fortunes on trophy signings a lot of people (Pardew too when it suits him)_ thought we had some very good players in the squad before they were Pardewed.

At West ham he wouldn’t accommodate tevez and mascherano just as he won’t acommodate ben Arfa and Marveaux now

KK +148 GD
    Pardew – 32 GD

Phenomenal difference between how the game should be played.

Mister tuff ‘ 22

The guy writing that article didn’t take into account ash knows nothing about football and won’t appoint anyone who does.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:44 PM

toon kk

under pardew, ash’s buy ’em young and sell for profit could backfire spectacularly as clearly no youngsters are being developed to their their maximum potential and sell-on value.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:49 PM

stuart -ref that dodgy article -it was not a wind up -I checked back through their blog and there were quite a few posters slagging him off for that article AND that his previous blog postings – were in the same vein.
    It’s fine having a differing viewpoint -but it should be based on accuracy.

• Thump

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM

No fan wants to see Newcastle lose but, in truth, we’ve come to expect that result whoever we’re playing. It doesn’t even have to be a good side, if they show even the slightest bit of determination, we cave and roll over.

To try and find a metaphor, if you have a screw that’s too tight to remove, you have to tighten it before it comes loose. The problem comes when the screw is rounded… which I think is the position with our overseer.

1 2 3 7